- Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Ving Rhames
- Summary: People are living their lives remotely from the safety of their own homes via robotic surrogates—sexy, physically perfect mechanical representations of themselves. It's an ideal world where crime, pain, fear and consequences don't exist. When the first murder in years jolts this utopia, FBI I agent Greer discovers a vast conspiracy behind the surrogate phenomenon and must abandon his own surrogate, risking his life to unravel the mystery. (Touchstone Pictures)… Expand
- Director: Jonathan Mostow
- Genre(s): Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller
- More Details and Credits »
AngelaF10Interesting take on the future obsession for physical perfection.
8Not all of the elements work, but Bruce Willis does a really good job, the setting and "what if" examination of a society in which robot avatars take over human interaction is reminiscent of blade runner and other pulp sci-fi movies, and the special effects are good enough to not get in the way. Is it perfect? No. Is it better than most critics say it is? Yeah. I say check it out… Expand
Avery4Bad movie. the whole surrogate thing is an excuse for wooden acting. i like willis' movies, but this one sucks. it's not about physical perfection. it's about fear of aging. if you're forty or over (as i am), it'll strike a nerve. all the main characters are in their forties and fifties and hiding in surrogates that are younger versions of themselves. almost none of the possibilities for surrogate athletic action are exploited. this is a film about botox, basically.… Expand