Surrogates

5.7

1. TY
    Sep 30, 2009
    Laughable B Movie that is really bad.
  2. Philip
    Nov 15, 2009
    Yawn... It's sad that movies as dull and limp-wristed as this are still made. What's worse is that Bruce involved himself with this crap. Avoid if you have taste.
  3. PierB
    Oct 6, 2009
    the only thing I like about this films are the themes. Sadly, like any other thing in this movie, those themes were not well developed. Acting is bad, script is bad, picture is bad. The range of colors is like a family disney comedy.... and the music too. The plot is full of holes... and all the sci fi elements are phony. The movie feels fake from top to bottom. Ironically that's the only thing I like about this films are the themes. Sadly, like any other thing in this movie, those themes were not well developed. Acting is bad, script is bad, picture is bad. The range of colors is like a family disney comedy.... and the music too. The plot is full of holes... and all the sci fi elements are phony. The movie feels fake from top to bottom. Ironically that's what the movie is trying to critize. Expand
  4. JohnDoe
    Dec 24, 2009
    Pointless, unbalanced and boring film. Avoid like the plague.
  5. JasonC
    Dec 7, 2009
    I'm sorry but I really did not like this movie it was slow going and boring. I went with a friend because he wanted to see it if I wasn't with my friend I would have walked out. That is 88 min I will never get back.
  6. Fantasy
    Sep 28, 2009
    The movie is contrived and awful. Word of mouth will doom it. It appeared that Bruce Willis is getting old and made this crapola just for the moolah as he went thru the motions. There is little character development as you care for no one. Just a waste of time and money. And I love sci fi.
  7. Nov 22, 2010
    Surrogates has to be one of the most worst produced sci-fi films ever, with an interesting story. But not even action star Bruce Willis can save this movie from disaster.
  8. May 25, 2012
    A terrible movie that displays an incomplete thought, weird plot, weird acting and a lot futuristic robot disaster..............
  9. Jan 6, 2012
    I didn't understand who the **** were we supposed to root for? The religious zealots, unwilling to accept change? Or the "hero" who destroys surrogates that, let's face it, will be rebuilt in a few weeks?
    Honestly, they even tried to lampshade the ending with the whole **** "and the surrogate services will be shut down for who knows how long" line. Come on, give me a break. Most people will just treat it like another "oops I seem to have crashed my surrogate in a ditch, better get a new one!" incident.
    Nothing changes, movie POINTLESS.
  10. CormacE
    Feb 16, 2010
    The only reson i watched this was because i was on a 4 hour ferry ride and there was nothing beter to do not a good movie.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Numerous plot holes, unconvincing CGI, and bad pacing are the biggest faults. It's a 90 minute movie that felt like 150. Great concept, poor execution.

1. A mechanical sci-fi'er absent of logic or emotions. It functions as an expensive place-filler on the Disney release schedule and, as such, will be welcomed by only the least discriminating thriller fans.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Mostow's smart speculative suspenser imagines a time when people can live through ideal versions of themselves while they sit wired up at home.
  3. The filmmakers were too busy throwing together potential blockbuster material to notice all the loose ends and gaping holes in logic. Which may, ultimately, explain why Willis looks so confused throughout. Maybe he, too, is straining to locate some intelligence amid all the machinery.