5.7

1. AngelaF
    Nov 4, 2009
    Interesting take on the future obsession for physical perfection.
  2. KennethS.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Slightly predictable yet highly entertaining, and the inclusion of an underlying message make Surrogates the best film of the past few months. Definitely worth watching.
  3. AlC
    Oct 15, 2009
    Clearly one of the best movies I've seen this year. Intriguing idea, very well acted, especially given the distinction between humans and surrogates, with same actor. Bruce Willis was Bruce Willis in action but with more depth. Some of the new faces---e.g., James Ginty---did excellent niche work. As technology advances, this could be a classic forerunner.
  4. ThomasS.
    Sep 27, 2009
    This movie's fun, and has more brains behind it than your average big-budget sci-fi actioner. In fact, when it comes to robot movies, and pseudo-philosophical humanity vs. technology fare, this is better than most. Is it "Blade Runner".. no, but frankly I liked it a helluva lot better than "I, Robot," which seems to be the go-to comparison. Bruce Willis is great in it, and while the This movie's fun, and has more brains behind it than your average big-budget sci-fi actioner. In fact, when it comes to robot movies, and pseudo-philosophical humanity vs. technology fare, this is better than most. Is it "Blade Runner".. no, but frankly I liked it a helluva lot better than "I, Robot," which seems to be the go-to comparison. Bruce Willis is great in it, and while the plot is fairly predictable, it's what I like to refer to as "predictable, in a good way." Had it tried to throw me for a loop just for the sake of having a zany plot twist, I would've probably hated it. It went where it was logically meant to go, and I had a blast watching it get there. Expand
  5. PatrickL
    Dec 4, 2009
    Enjoyable movie. Created a hypothetical world where technology brings a complete transformation of life warning us of the potential dangers of the drastic evolution of society through adoption of technologies with unknown or complex societal consequences. More so, the setting of ubiquitous superficiality through a societal usage of a newly found technology reminds us of such classics as Enjoyable movie. Created a hypothetical world where technology brings a complete transformation of life warning us of the potential dangers of the drastic evolution of society through adoption of technologies with unknown or complex societal consequences. More so, the setting of ubiquitous superficiality through a societal usage of a newly found technology reminds us of such classics as Huxley's Brave New World. Expand
  6. EricL.
    Sep 26, 2009
    I liked this a lot, but it's kind of hard to describe. It reminded me of the video game, Bioshock. I thought I would give it an 8, but it was so thrilling that it's worth a 9, and it's pretty hard to dislike.
  7. JeremyB.
    Sep 26, 2009
    This is a great movie about robots and what people would do if they could get away with a robot doing everything for them. Although not as good as suspenseful or artful as Blade Runner (Harrison Ford), it has it's own sense of portraying what a future with robots could be like. The chase scenes were a little over the top using some computer game physics more than real life physics, This is a great movie about robots and what people would do if they could get away with a robot doing everything for them. Although not as good as suspenseful or artful as Blade Runner (Harrison Ford), it has it's own sense of portraying what a future with robots could be like. The chase scenes were a little over the top using some computer game physics more than real life physics, they were entertaining and fun to watch. The perfect people used to act as robots were generally well done and robotic enough to be believable as non human. I especially liked the wife. Her robot was perfectly beautiful, but hid a woman with very serious personal problems (trying not to put a spoiler here). The desire for connection by Bruce to reconnect with the woman that he loves was beautifully done. I really felt like he missed the humanity that used to be in the world. All in all a good movie with a good plot. Expand

1. A mechanical sci-fi'er absent of logic or emotions. It functions as an expensive place-filler on the Disney release schedule and, as such, will be welcomed by only the least discriminating thriller fans.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Mostow's smart speculative suspenser imagines a time when people can live through ideal versions of themselves while they sit wired up at home.
  3. The filmmakers were too busy throwing together potential blockbuster material to notice all the loose ends and gaping holes in logic. Which may, ultimately, explain why Willis looks so confused throughout. Maybe he, too, is straining to locate some intelligence amid all the machinery.