5.6

1. Oct 16, 2012
    This movie is appalling. From the opening credits you can tell it's going to be terrible, acting seems extremely forced and at times very cringe-worthy. Too many close-ups of the daughter's cleavage and bum thrown in for no reason. Product placement is beyond un-subtle and the story is just laughable. The ending is also terrible and the music general action nonsense lacking the emotionalThis movie is appalling. From the opening credits you can tell it's going to be terrible, acting seems extremely forced and at times very cringe-worthy. Too many close-ups of the daughter's cleavage and bum thrown in for no reason. Product placement is beyond un-subtle and the story is just laughable. The ending is also terrible and the music general action nonsense lacking the emotional punch of the first. Basically, a great movie has been ruined by a simply terrible sequel simply to cash in on our love for the first. Expand
  2. Jan 14, 2013
    some movies just can't have sequels. other then the amazing Liam Neeson acting and Istanbul, every thing else is just so ridiculously crap. story line and plot so predictable. especially if you have watched the first one Taken, which was a good average movie, then this would be extremely difficult to watch.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    Let's talk more generally about the trend in Luc Besson's films, in particular those written with Robert Mark Kamen. They are going downhill fast -- and faster. It's one thing to have a sequel here or there, and another to mail it in as RMK is doing.
  4. May 17, 2013
    I'm a huge Liam Neeson fan, and a huge fan of the first Taken. Despite this I wasn't sure that a sequel to Taken would turn out good. First of all a sequel was unnecessary, and movies that get unnecessary sequels (The Hangover, The Mummy) usually suffer in the long run because the sequels never live up to the original movie. Well turns out I was right, Taken 2 never lives up to the firstI'm a huge Liam Neeson fan, and a huge fan of the first Taken. Despite this I wasn't sure that a sequel to Taken would turn out good. First of all a sequel was unnecessary, and movies that get unnecessary sequels (The Hangover, The Mummy) usually suffer in the long run because the sequels never live up to the original movie. Well turns out I was right, Taken 2 never lives up to the first movie and just feels unnecessary. But that doesn't mean that the movie isn't enjoyable. It's a decent action flick and it will keep you watching to the end, but you'll notice that it lacks the punch and originality that the first movie had. In the end I enjoyed the movie even though it felt like a generic action flick with a spectacular cast. In closing I just want to say this to whoever is in charge of these kinds of things, do NOT make a Taken 3. You got lucky this time but don't push your luck with a 3rd movie. Expand
  5. May 7, 2013
    Taken 2 is unbelievably disappointing. It starts out promisingly; the hero is just as likable as in first film and the new villain has a sensible, efficient motivation. Unfortunately, the film goes badly wrong when the action starts. The fights and car chases that follow are all generic and unexciting. Worse still, some of the logic in the movie is stupefying... A girl without a driver'sTaken 2 is unbelievably disappointing. It starts out promisingly; the hero is just as likable as in first film and the new villain has a sensible, efficient motivation. Unfortunately, the film goes badly wrong when the action starts. The fights and car chases that follow are all generic and unexciting. Worse still, some of the logic in the movie is stupefying... A girl without a driver's license can suddenly drive like Jason Bourne, repeatedly setting off grenades in a metropolitan area does no damage and alerts minimal security and apparently, driving through a US embassy checkpoint at high speed, thus causing soldiers to open fire warrants no detention or subsequent investigation. What a total mess of a movie! The first one was classic. This one is utter jank. Expand
  6. Dec 31, 2012
    Be prepared for complete nonsense. The girl is not skillful enough a drive to get a driver's license in the US, yet towards the end she hops in a stick stick shift cab and is the world's best getaway driver. Liam Neeson is detained and cuffed but left alone for hours to find himself away out while guiding his daughter towards him with using a cellphone he had because he was not strippedBe prepared for complete nonsense. The girl is not skillful enough a drive to get a driver's license in the US, yet towards the end she hops in a stick stick shift cab and is the world's best getaway driver. Liam Neeson is detained and cuffed but left alone for hours to find himself away out while guiding his daughter towards him with using a cellphone he had because he was not stripped searched. Albanian's conversing exclusively in English. Grenades being thrown out of hotels and no police response whatsoever. The direction and editing is similarly terrible, the overuse of shaky-cam unbearable Expand
  7. Oct 17, 2012
    I went into this movie expecting a brainless but fun action film. Well all i got was brainless. This movie wasn't even fun. I'm a big Liam Neeson fan, especially when hes kicking ass and honestly the action sucked in this sequel to the overrated but fun first entry into the series. I even think im being generous giving it a 3. I'm not one to look for believability in a movie like taken 2I went into this movie expecting a brainless but fun action film. Well all i got was brainless. This movie wasn't even fun. I'm a big Liam Neeson fan, especially when hes kicking ass and honestly the action sucked in this sequel to the overrated but fun first entry into the series. I even think im being generous giving it a 3. I'm not one to look for believability in a movie like taken 2 but come on, some of the crap was unbearable. The daughters using fregen grenades and nobody in istanbul seems to give a crap like chicks chuck grenades around the city on a daily basis, and how the daughter who keep in mind has failed her road test 3 times as was mentioned earlier in the film, all of a sudden becomes the worlds best getaway driver in this seemingly indestrcutible taxi that no matter what it crashes into there will never be a scratch on it. It was just unbearable. I'll give it a 3/10 which is definitely being more than generous, don't waste your time or hard-earned money! Expand
  8. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What I don't understand, is how people thought the first movie was good. Rooster Teeth named Taken their 'Movie of the Year'. It was too predictable. If a guard turned right down a corridor, Liam Neeson would come from the left. The editing was unbearably atrocious. The writing seemed like the movie was filmed on the first draft. Taken 2 was no different. It is the kind of movie that is something to laugh at on the drive home. First off, the editing. During the fight scenes, it was like trying to play pin the tail on the donkey. You can't tell who is who until the scene is over. You may as well close your eyes and listen to the soundtrack. Which that in it self is nothing new. Like pretty much every single action movie today, the soundtrack is made up of the violin family. With the addition of a synthesizer. It makes the movie seem dull and cliche. Which it needs no help doing.

Lastly, the writing. I could of gone and seen The Expendables 2 and gotten a better plot line. In fact. There is barely any plot line at all. It's all 'Hey lets shoot everyone that sounds Turkish!'. The scene where Kim and Brian are in the taxi and burst into the US Embassy. What was the point in that! They weren't being followed. The last car got blown up by the train.

The only thing on the writing side I can give them credit for is when they are setting off grenades to tell how far away they are from each other. That was clever. Just the fact that there would be police swarming the streets.

This is a movie that will leave you red faced after the amount of face palms you do...
  9. Oct 7, 2012
    Great acting and casting BUT it still managed to be the biggest disappointed so far. Taken is a kind of movie that don't need a sequel. Oh well, I guess they wanted to milk the cash cow. The biggest problem was with the story. Why would the enemies go after him and his family AGAIN? I mean didn't they already learn their lesson from the first film. The way the action sequences were editedGreat acting and casting BUT it still managed to be the biggest disappointed so far. Taken is a kind of movie that don't need a sequel. Oh well, I guess they wanted to milk the cash cow. The biggest problem was with the story. Why would the enemies go after him and his family AGAIN? I mean didn't they already learn their lesson from the first film. The way the action sequences were edited was terrible. You couldn't tell who was punching whom and who was getting hit. Every half a second they would cut to another shot. It was painful to watch. Stay away from Taken 2. Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2012
    Loved the first movie, struggled to enjoy this one. In the first one, you experience almost everything from Neesons point of view. You have no idea of where the girl is, and who took her. You don't even know if she is still alive. This is what made the first movie very enjoyable to watch. This made the quest of finding his daughter way more dramatic and thrilling as you never knew what toLoved the first movie, struggled to enjoy this one. In the first one, you experience almost everything from Neesons point of view. You have no idea of where the girl is, and who took her. You don't even know if she is still alive. This is what made the first movie very enjoyable to watch. This made the quest of finding his daughter way more dramatic and thrilling as you never knew what to expect. After watching the first 10 minutes of this movie (and the trailer) i knew i was going to be disappointed. Taken 2 detaches us from the protagonist this time, giving us the point of view of the villains, the daughter and the ex-wife. This breaks all the drama of the first one. They are no surprises, you know exactly where the bad guys are holding them, and what they are doing to them. At this point, the only way this movie could save itself is by delivering a lot of action. The actions scene are alright but they are far from amazing. They are mostly chip tricks we have all seen before. A car chase that ends with a train nearly missing the good guys and hitting the bad guys is nothing original. The action doesn't make up for the lack of drama and suspense. Taken 2 clearly doesn't live up to it's predecessor. Expand
  11. Oct 8, 2012
    This film did ok for the actors but for a movie that had a succesful rating for the first film this was dissapointing. the diretors and writers of this film did well with the location and scrips but as soon as the film started to pick up all u can expect is a relax in your chairs and not at all close to a thriller. this film for me personally was not worth the money i spent.
  12. Oct 7, 2012
    I really enjoyed the first Taken. It was mindless badassery. You didn't have to think, you just went along for the ride. Neeson showed himself as being capable of performing in a Bourne-esque role, which is great for a man of his age.

Underneath it all, Taken 2 is still a pretty decent action flick with Neeson on fine, badass form. There's some good action and the fights are exciting (when they're not cut to ribbons) and our hero belts out another memorable catchphrase (albeit one that's not quite as impressive as the orignal "I will find you" one).

So why the 0 score? 3 Reasons.

1) Olivier Megaton. This guy is atrocious as a director. Strangely, i've seen a number of his films & they've all been terrible. Don't ever let him near something high profile, ever again. Especially action films, he says he hates violence. What a joke.

2) The editing. Christ almighty, I lost count of the camera switches in just the first 5 minutes alone! Was it really necessary to show Neeson entering his daughters boyfriends house from 4 angles in the space of 2 seconds? I know a lot of fast cuts and shakey-cam are supposed to give you a feeling of the action unfolding, to make it feel more intense, but this was on such a ridiculous scale that at some points I felt sick.

3) The self-censorship. Pandering to the PG-13/12a crowd on a 'franchise' that has rated higher in the past is something I cannot support. I waited for the uncut DVD version of Die Hard 4 before I saw it as I did not want to give the studios my box office money for a kid-friendly version. The first Taken movie was brutal and unflinching, it was gritty and exciting. Taken 2, on the other hand, has had it's heart completely ripped out (off camera!) and loses a lot of the soul the first film had (I know that sounds quite pretentious given the type of movie this is). Whoever it was who went to the BBFC in the UK for advice on how to get a lower rating should be fired. 15 or 18, or don't bother.

I have been waiting for this film with excitement since I first heard it was being made, so it's heartbreaking to be so disappointed. I'm not sure if even an uncut/unrated version can save it, as Megaton has said in an interview that the DVD will be a directors cut, rather than a 'rougher, more violent cut'. This saddens me greatly. Extra scenes won't mean a thing if they're as mild as the rest of them.

Don't bother watching this, do not give the cinemas any money for this film, send a message that going for a broader audience will actually result in a smaller one. If you must watch this film, wait to see how they produce the DVD. If they do the same as Die Hard 4s release, then I will recommend you see it. If the DVD turns out to be as tame as the theatrical version, leave it. Pretend it never happened. Forget it exists. Cherish your fond memories of the first film and keep wishing for a sequel. A real sequel.
  13. Nov 12, 2012
    Where as the first one succeeds in keeping you at the edge of your seat as you are watching a race against the time and have no idea where the movie will be going next, part 2 is predictable, over the top, run of the mill sequel that fails much more often then it succeeds. Favorite bit from the movie - daughter is struggling trying to get her licence. 2 weeks later she is racing like aWhere as the first one succeeds in keeping you at the edge of your seat as you are watching a race against the time and have no idea where the movie will be going next, part 2 is predictable, over the top, run of the mill sequel that fails much more often then it succeeds. Favorite bit from the movie - daughter is struggling trying to get her licence. 2 weeks later she is racing like a maniac through narrow streets of Istanbul in a Mercedes with a manual. Expand
  14. Mar 3, 2013
    Almost as good as the first one. I was surprised at how good it was and how well it lived up to Taken 1's standards. Hopefully their's not a third one because that would probabaly ruin it all.
  15. May 27, 2013
    I dislike almost all his movies, The Grey, Taken, Clash of the Titans, Wrath of the Titans, Battleship Unknown The A-Team, The Dark Knight Rises, The Chronicles of Narnia 1,2,3.
  16. Oct 5, 2012
    Released in 2008, Taken came out of nowhere to earn $145 million at the box office on just a $25 million budget. The movie-going public recognizes fresh material when they see it. Taken was original, creative, driven, and hosted one of the most memorable protagonists in recent memory. Of course they would have to make a sequel to wring some more money out of Taken's fans.

A review of

A review of a movie sequel which starts outs praising the first installment instead of the new story is most likely not going to be very kind to the unfortunate title which ends in the number 2. Taken 2 keeps Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills, Famke Janssen as his ex-wife Lenore, and the always relentlessly annoying Maggie Grace as his daughter Kim. Rule of thumb - if Maggie Grace is cast in your film, it will probably stink. This is her second feature film in 2012, after Lockout, so she is 0-2 this year. The bad guys are also mostly the same; they are the extended family of the first group of Albanians Bryan killed after they kidnapped his daughter and sold her into sex slavery. Now they want revenge; they must honor their dead sons and brothers. It doesn't matter that their sons and brothers were human traffickers, rapists, and murderers. Family honor is family honor ya know? Bryan is growing close with his family again. After a few days of work in Istanbul as a heavily armed bodyguard, Byran invites Lenore and Kim to Turkey to take in the sights and relax in a very posh hotel. Fortunately for the Albanians, this is where they are going to kidnap Bryan, transport him back to Albania, and torture him to death. The introduction of mom and daughter is a cherry on top for the head bad guy Murad (Rade Serbedzija). He is older with grey hair; I mention this because all of the other couple dozen bad guys run together, he is the only one you will remember. In Taken, Bryan had it comparatively easy. He had one person to save and could methodically move through the ranks of thugs as he stabbed and shot his way to the top. Now, not only does he have to watch his own back, he must save both mom and daughter, sometimes alternating which one he can help at any given moment.

The original Taken was so good because of Bryan's practical and purposeful methods of extracting information, Neeson's deadpan delivery, and the ins and out of seedy Paris locales. Now take everything which made Taken a great movie and divide it by two. You already know the story, you know Bryan will talk slowly and concisely about how he has certain skills, and this time you get to suffer a bit more because Maggie Grace gets more screen time. The camera work also takes a nosedive during hand to hand combat. The camera shakes, jumps up and down, does some jumping jacks, and the average edit is probably .002 seconds. The audience has no hope of logically following who is punching whom or where a new bad guy springs up from. Scenes where Bryan fights with a loaded pistol are much easier to watch.

It's not that I'm mad at writer Luc Besson or director Olivier Megaton; they probably were under a lot of pressure to re-create the Taken magic. Unfortunately, they did not do a very good job. The story is only a bit laundered from the first one and everything else is merely imitation. Stay away from Taken 2, it will only remind you of its superior predecessor.
  17. Oct 9, 2012
    Taken 2 my little freind, you rock. Tjis film is so well written and well paced ithat it will have you uessing who is going to get taken. The acting in this film surpasses the acting found in Looper and The Avengers or Te Dark Knight RIses. The story is so original I just didnt understand why they didnt just copy the first ones ideas, I mean there was a scene so well directed where a girlTaken 2 my little freind, you rock. Tjis film is so well written and well paced ithat it will have you uessing who is going to get taken. The acting in this film surpasses the acting found in Looper and The Avengers or Te Dark Knight RIses. The story is so original I just didnt understand why they didnt just copy the first ones ideas, I mean there was a scene so well directed where a girl trows grenades, awesome. Expand
  18. Oct 13, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie but there were a few things that let me down, first I liked the way that in the first movie, everything was from Brian's point of view, but in this movie I thought there were to many pointless cutaways from different perspectives. I don't want to compare this to the first one but I enjoyed the way the first one was gritty, In my opinion I think it would have beenI enjoyed this movie but there were a few things that let me down, first I liked the way that in the first movie, everything was from Brian's point of view, but in this movie I thought there were to many pointless cutaways from different perspectives. I don't want to compare this to the first one but I enjoyed the way the first one was gritty, In my opinion I think it would have been better if they raised the age rating up to include a gritty and darker aspect to it, but overall the acting and action was great, Definitely worth a watch. Expand
  19. Dec 24, 2012
    Everything that made the first film so good in gone. The writing is terrible, The acting is awful (Liam Neeson being the only good one), and it was incredibly corny and stupid. Not worth watching at all imo.
  20. Oct 7, 2012
    If you enjoyed Taken you will enjoy this, too. Good casting, good action, good film. As mush as Neeson's character wants to take charge, it is nice to see him learn to train and then defer to others.
  21. Oct 6, 2012
    I really enjoyed this movie. It is fairly quick pace and heavy on action with a light, but believable story thrown in. The action is superb overall. Furthermore, Liam Neeson is a great actor and he really makes the movie awesome. I would give it a 7.5 because while similar to the first it really isn't as good, mainly due to the story. The plot wasn't developed to a great depth and I foundI really enjoyed this movie. It is fairly quick pace and heavy on action with a light, but believable story thrown in. The action is superb overall. Furthermore, Liam Neeson is a great actor and he really makes the movie awesome. I would give it a 7.5 because while similar to the first it really isn't as good, mainly due to the story. The plot wasn't developed to a great depth and I found it a little lacking in the end. That being said it is still a great action flick to sit down and eat popcorn. Better than the Expendables 2; not quite as good as Total Recall (2012). Expand
  22. Nov 1, 2012
    It's a fairly routine story, but Neeson and Grace do a nice job as action-hero and action-hero's willing acolyte-daughter. Grace has actually come a long way since her Lost days - her likeability has increased in a significant way. And she just pops on the screen. I thought that the crux of the story was given short shrift. "I don't care that my son was a horrible kidnapper - your bloodIt's a fairly routine story, but Neeson and Grace do a nice job as action-hero and action-hero's willing acolyte-daughter. Grace has actually come a long way since her Lost days - her likeability has increased in a significant way. And she just pops on the screen. I thought that the crux of the story was given short shrift. "I don't care that my son was a horrible kidnapper - your blood must flow through the hills of my home town because you killed him!" It lacked a certain righteous indignation. Tough to get behind his massive endeavor here. And the minor twist at the end, if you can call it that? So predictable. Should have been omitted. A good time, but nothing extremely special. Collapse
  23. Oct 8, 2012
    I loved the first Taken movie, this movie was really just a repeat of the first but a little less enjoyable and much more predictable. Still given the range of crap that has been at the movies lately it was an enjoyable outing.
  24. Oct 6, 2012
    I thought was a good movie and not as great as the first of course but I wasn't expecting it. It had a good amount of action but of course I wanted a lot more. At an hour and a half it goes by way too quick so this is one movie I could sit through longer. It also had a large cheese factor I could've did without with the extra family moments at the end and my goodness can his daughterI thought was a good movie and not as great as the first of course but I wasn't expecting it. It had a good amount of action but of course I wanted a lot more. At an hour and a half it goes by way too quick so this is one movie I could sit through longer. It also had a large cheese factor I could've did without with the extra family moments at the end and my goodness can his daughter handle herself under insane amounts of pressure. She's damn great with maps and directions, driving in strange countries without passing a driving test and she can sure throw those grenades. I really wish there was a better finish with the bad guy as well. What the heck and how the heck did he kill him? That was too quick. I wasn't a huge fan of the camera shots moving around so quickly either with those fight scenes in this one but they were still good. I would see it again and as a fan of the first you gotta enjoy this one too. I admit it had some stressful moments. Expand
  25. Jan 16, 2013
    Why is every goddamn critic hatin' on Taken 2? As long as I smash them with a bottle of whiskey, Taken 2 does not suck. It may look a little different on the first Taken, but Liam Neeson, he shouldn't need no stunt double. But he's 60-years-old, he's the Jackie Chan-meets-Bourne style of action movies. No signs on slowing down, that's all. I gotta get Taken 2 on Blu-Ray. Soon, it'll beWhy is every goddamn critic hatin' on Taken 2? As long as I smash them with a bottle of whiskey, Taken 2 does not suck. It may look a little different on the first Taken, but Liam Neeson, he shouldn't need no stunt double. But he's 60-years-old, he's the Jackie Chan-meets-Bourne style of action movies. No signs on slowing down, that's all. I gotta get Taken 2 on Blu-Ray. Soon, it'll be Taken 3 or 4. Expand
  26. Oct 8, 2012
    I was indeed wary that this might be not up to standards of the first film, but when I saw it, I thought it was better. It was a ridiculous storyline, but Liam Neeson was still up to par, as I enjoyed him doing what he does best. I could empathise with the characters properly, as I felt I was much more comfortable with Kim being a stronger character than in the last film, while the rest ofI was indeed wary that this might be not up to standards of the first film, but when I saw it, I thought it was better. It was a ridiculous storyline, but Liam Neeson was still up to par, as I enjoyed him doing what he does best. I could empathise with the characters properly, as I felt I was much more comfortable with Kim being a stronger character than in the last film, while the rest of the cast were still fully capable of committing to the plot. The ending certainly proved better worth than the previous film's ending. Expand
  27. Dec 30, 2012
    I was a big fan of the first TAKEN, which I consider one of the best action flicks in recent years. However, I am as skeptical for this sequel. It's gotta be crap and cynical money making venture to say the least. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the end result. Let's get the negative side of things first: a derivative storyline, this time it's the parents who got kidnappedI was a big fan of the first TAKEN, which I consider one of the best action flicks in recent years. However, I am as skeptical for this sequel. It's gotta be crap and cynical money making venture to say the least. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the end result. Let's get the negative side of things first: a derivative storyline, this time it's the parents who got kidnapped (WOW!). The positive side: Liam Neeson. Pure and simple, he imbues a certain charisma in his role and he has great chemistry with his co-stars. The action sequences are pretty good and on par with the original. At the end of the day, see TAKEN 2 as 21st century facelift of an 70's/80's Action sub genre: the revenge pics, popularised by the Death Wish series and the like. It's a B-movie, with no 'fat' (AHEM..Bourne Legacy..) Expand
  28. Oct 9, 2012
    Feeling listless in a lacklustre season for cinema-goers, I simply yearn for the smell of the multiplex and it had been almost one month since my last visit, so TAKEN 2 has been singled out in view of that I had a mildly positive viewing from its first one (TAKEN 2008, 7/10), and action-packed thriller will at least not be a bore (a sad truth is that here is so difficult to find non-dubbedFeeling listless in a lacklustre season for cinema-goers, I simply yearn for the smell of the multiplex and it had been almost one month since my last visit, so TAKEN 2 has been singled out in view of that I had a mildly positive viewing from its first one (TAKEN 2008, 7/10), and action-packed thriller will at least not be a bore (a sad truth is that here is so difficult to find non-dubbed animation features, otherwise the selection would be much wider).

Being an emblematic sequel relying on the same gambit and stunts to pass through its running time, TAKEN 2 can hardly be called satisfactory, thanks to the rapid editing and effective camera rotation (another tact being overdone here), the gawky Liam Neeson still can render a patina of a sleek special agent, all his moves are pertinent and deadly fatal, nevertheless, reaching 60-year-old, perhaps his next invitation (apart from TAKEN 3, according to its groundbreaking first weekend bravura, a sequel is undoubtedly on the slate now) will be sent from Stallion's THE EXPENDABLES tawdries, and one thing is for sure, he will not be the oldest. Maggie Grace and Famke Jansen both have earned more screen-time, but hardly have any decent time to be composed enough to deliver some jolly one-liners. The plain storyline has efficaciously implemented the genre fun in the most predictable manner (also an over-simplified one), for example, the special knacks (throwing the grenades among the shacks, counting the seconds to remember the route of the vehicle while being blindfolded) required to locate the whereabouts are too far-fetched since Istanbul is not a remote village and most of the time, the whole scheme is made deliberately to facilitate the film to justify itself, screenwriters (Besson is implicated) simply don't care much to the details and the suspense has never been concocted absorbingly, no matter how many Albanian villains are mercilessly iced by our hero, himself, his ex-wife and daughter's safety has never been severely endangered, so supposedly all the pleasure should be derived from the unnecessary killing of the ferocious but mostly marginalised Albanian avengers, what's the point then?

Director Olivier Megaton is an action genre journeyman (COLOMBIANA, 2011; TRANSPORTER 3, 2008, 4/10), but this time it
  29. Oct 6, 2012
    This movie rocks!! BIG TIME! It's a real crowd-pleaser. Don't listen to the negative reviews. If you love the first, you will love the second. It's a solid sequel. Great Job!

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Oct 8, 2012
    Somehow Neeson makes the ridiculous plausible. A mature, real man in an era of superhero fantasy, he radiates something rare in movie musclemen: a haunted gravity to match his outsize physique.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    Oct 7, 2012
    The first half of Taken 2 is a serviceable action flick, but the second half descends into cliches.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Oct 6, 2012
    Luc Besson and Liam Neeson and the rest of the furriners who made the inept and offensive Taken 2 don't seem to have gotten the memo from Jason Bourne: Americans don't think our spooks are good guys anymore.