6.4

1. Jan 12, 2013
    I love motor-sports. I usually find Will Ferrell hilarious. So combining the two should've been heaven right? WRONG!!!! I didn't laugh once throughout this film I found the characters really irritating rather than endearing or amusing and I found myself having to get to the end just to see if it got better. It did improve when Amy Adams arrived in earnest in the bar talking to Ricky, but the improvement was slight and short lived. It quickly descended into corny unfunny cliches. The only reason I have given it any points at all is because of the racing scenes which were mildly entertaining if not slightly far fetched.
    Ugh
  2. May 6, 2011
    I don't see why anyone would much like this, really. Most of the humor is obvious and falls flat. Maybe teenagers would enjoy it. I don't know. I thought it was boring and obnoxious. Not one of Will's shining moments.

1. From its pitch-perfect title through just about every detail, this sendup of sports-triumph movies maintains the right parodic pitch, if not always the highest mph on the laugh speedometer.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    Simultaneously teasing and loving a subject doesn't make for easy comedy, but writer-star Will Ferrell and director/co-writer Adam McKay pull it off with good-ol'-boy good nature in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Ferrell reminds the audience of why he matters: because he's the loudest, driest, and most fearless comic actor working.