2.9

1. Jul 7, 2014
    Melissa McCarthy doesn't stray from the formula that's worked for her in this film, which she co-write with her husband (he also directed). She plays a boisterous, obnoxious loser who rants at everybody and everything. This can be funny in controlled doses, but McCarthy doesn't understand that. It's non-stop, no holds barred, bull in a china shop broad strokes in every scene. As for plot,Melissa McCarthy doesn't stray from the formula that's worked for her in this film, which she co-write with her husband (he also directed). She plays a boisterous, obnoxious loser who rants at everybody and everything. This can be funny in controlled doses, but McCarthy doesn't understand that. It's non-stop, no holds barred, bull in a china shop broad strokes in every scene. As for plot, she sets out on a road trip with her alcoholic grandmother (Susan Sarandon), but the momentum starts to drag with they insert too many heartfelt moments in an attempt to conjure empathy for her insufferable character. If you're a fan of her style, you'll have your fill…at least for the first hour. Expand
  2. Jul 8, 2014
    This movie is so awful ,That's three McCarthy movies in a row that were horrible. I'm now putting her in the same ate gory as Adam Sandler, Will Farrell, and Tyler Perry. Never again.
  3. Jul 10, 2014
    I'm gonna keep this really simple and to directly to the point since there really isn't much more to say: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WATCH THIS F***ING MOVIE. EVER. END OF REVIEW.
  4. Aug 11, 2014
    It honestly so **** bad. So. ****. bad. My friend and I were the only ones in the theater. I didn't laugh once. It was stupid, boring piece of **** and I'm angry I saw it. Please do not waste your time. Please.
  5. Jul 2, 2014
    It doesn't show that Tammy is really the funniest Melisa McCarthy movie I saw since Identiy Theft. It needs more funny improvement for McCarthy for herself.
  6. Aug 26, 2014
    Leaving the theater after watching this paycheck made me think I realized what dog poop tastes like. Going in a expecting "Heat" just made it even the more disappointing. I used to fantasize about Susan Surandon in Rocky Horror and seeing her like this just made my cry out loud. The guy on the front row said "They are not going to go on a road trip are they?" so it looked like even he wasLeaving the theater after watching this paycheck made me think I realized what dog poop tastes like. Going in a expecting "Heat" just made it even the more disappointing. I used to fantasize about Susan Surandon in Rocky Horror and seeing her like this just made my cry out loud. The guy on the front row said "They are not going to go on a road trip are they?" so it looked like even he was disappointed too. The people behind me enjoyed that last half hour of the movie more than me because after I stopped crying out loud I fell asleep. Expand
  7. Jul 15, 2014
    This is one of the worst films of the summer. Melissa McCarthy needs better scripts than this. I felt like I was watching Adam Sandler, Grown Ups and Susan Sarandon's wig was terrible here. A lot of the celebs that appear in the film probably did it as a favor or got paid a lot of money.
  8. Jul 5, 2014
    melissa apparently sold her soul to make this sophomoric pun-riddled mess. how in the world did susan sarandon let herself get dragged down to the bottom of the abyss?
  9. Jul 6, 2014
    Its a "Rental". Susan, Kathy and Melissa are such good actresses, all (few) good joke were in trailer. More drama than comedy. Tammy, the character, is similar to Diana in Identity Thief. Definitely not recommended.
  10. Jul 7, 2014
    Tammy is an object lesson in the art of directing, which is all it would have taken to turn this near-miss into an instant classic. Though that may be true of most mediocre movies.
  11. Oct 29, 2014
    Congrats, It's another recycled Melissa McCarthy movie, A painfully unfunny actress who for some reason still manages to find work. It's so painfully predictable and unfunny that it hurts to sit through the first 10 minutes let alone the whole thing. It's this year's Jack and Jill and one of the worst comedies of all time.
  12. Aug 22, 2014
    Wow Tammy is bad. It's so bad that the laziness of the actors and script become apparent immediately and then you have to sit through another hour and half wondering why I didn't just end then movie then.
  13. Nov 18, 2014
    This movie is damn near as unfunny as Scary Movie 5. I'm struggling right now through the first 30 minutes. I'm so glad I didn't waste money on this movie in theaters, like so many other morons did.
  14. Dec 29, 2014
    This is stupid, horrible, useless, gruesomely nauseous and dumb comedy film-making. Never see this. A reviewer from my hometown said: "I rather see this, than Transformers: Age of Extinction". Though it's still bad, I would've just seen Transformers instead. This was an uneasy experience to go through.
  15. Oct 28, 2014
    Tedious and completely unfunny, not only is Tammy a complete waste of time for the audience, but a waste of time and talent for the actors included in it.
  16. Feb 21, 2015
    Tammy really was lame. The trailer looked really funny when I first watched it but it was really overplayed before the release and the bits from the trailer were the only parts I found funny. The script is so poor and unfunny and all these talented actresses are unfunny. The movie is kind of all over the place and there is no real conflict its just a big crew of women running around actingTammy really was lame. The trailer looked really funny when I first watched it but it was really overplayed before the release and the bits from the trailer were the only parts I found funny. The script is so poor and unfunny and all these talented actresses are unfunny. The movie is kind of all over the place and there is no real conflict its just a big crew of women running around acting like idiots and really I'd be okay with that if the women were funny. One of the worst movies of 2014 no doubt. Melissa McCarthy is going to have to go back to the drawing board. Expand
  17. Dec 16, 2014
    Ughhh.... What a bad comedy. The only saving grace of this movie is Melissa McCarthy having some funny lines, but other than that it is messy and has tons of unforgettable characters. I would try to avoid this one if I were you. 3/10 (poor)
  18. Feb 17, 2015
    What a Mess and What a Shame!! This is the first movie I ever gave a 0, and it was mainly because I didn't see any use in making this movie and could see no value-laughter or meaning! It's too bad as I have loved Melissa Mccarthy in everything else I have seen her in especially "The Heat" and "Identity Theft", along with her TV series Mike and Molly. Doing movies like this will onlyWhat a Mess and What a Shame!! This is the first movie I ever gave a 0, and it was mainly because I didn't see any use in making this movie and could see no value-laughter or meaning! It's too bad as I have loved Melissa Mccarthy in everything else I have seen her in especially "The Heat" and "Identity Theft", along with her TV series Mike and Molly. Doing movies like this will only hurt her career as most like myself will be hesitant to go see her in anything else if she strings several like this. Such a great cast is totally wasted, why they would do a movie like this is beyond me! I only chuckled once when she told the cops she had a bee in her hair and was running. I had heard the reviews and all the trashing, but finally decided to watch "Tammy" and was sorry that I didn't listen to my premonition's! If your smart you won't waste your time, it's simply not worth viewing and can be painful at times! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Rex Reed
    Jul 4, 2014
    Tammy is not just a celebration of everything vulgar and stupid in the dumbing down of American movies. It’s a rambling, pointless and labored attempt to cash in on Ms. McCarthy’s fan base without respect for any audience with a collective IQ of 10. And it’s about as funny as a liver transplant.
  2. Reviewed by: Aisha Harris
    Jul 2, 2014
    The playful energy between McCarthy and her completely game co-star, Susan Sarandon is more than enough to keep the movie humming along.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Jul 2, 2014
    Grating attempt at comedy, the latest failed attempt to capitalize on McCarthy's considerable charm.