8.2

1. May 31, 2014
    Great music, Singing and acting! Other Disney Masterpiece by the creators! A Comedy and a musical that works very very very very very very very very very very very awesome!
  2. Apr 11, 2014
    I know I'm about 3.5 years late, but this movie is one of my FAVORITE Disney Princess movies! I'm so upset that I didn't watch it in theaters when it first came out. Everyone I know LOVES this movie. I can honestly say that I don't know a single person who dislikes this movie. Even my 46-year-old father and 16-year-old brother thoroughly enjoyed it; they quote lines from the movie all the time! I highly recommend this movie. It's absolutely phenomenal and great for all ages!! Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    Tangled is unquestionably the funniest animated Disney movie in a very long time, with such deliciously quotable lines as "I'll have you know this is the strangest thing I've ever done!" (spoken while wielding a frying pan in a fight against a horse wielding a sword in its teeth). The writing is some of the most clever I've ever seen in an animated film, though at times this works against the movie: some scenes push past witty into overt self-parody, which seems to conflict with the story's emotional core.

All the same, coming at the end of a near-decade-long Disney slump, with fantastic animation, excellent voice work all around, hilarious writing, enjoyable songs, and a strong story with very likeable characters, it's definitely a return to the same sort of quality we saw in the Disney Renaissance. The biggest problem the movie has is a tendency to act too much like Dreamworks and not enough like Disney, and even that is mostly just a nagging background worry.
  4. Feb 12, 2014
    This movie is really fun. It's super original and worth watching. I'm pretty sure that I've watched it about five times or so myself. It's just that good.
  5. Jan 22, 2014
    A bit late on the review, but might as well contribute my love eventually for this movie somewhere. I absolutely love this movie, I grew up with Disney and I have to say, this movie has complete potential to be a part of the Disney classics! It came to be my favorite of them all, which is shocking to me since I was so set with sticking with the classics! While it does have that fairy tale theme, it has a huge modern touch to it. Rapunzel is no damsel in distress, and Flynn is no typical male hero of the story, no love at first site involved, and certainly has good qualities young girls of this generation can look up to. The music in this movie is just amazing to me, despite the mix reviews it's had, I still find my self humming the tunes here and there. Easily Tangled has potential to hit the Broadway's, which shocks me that it hasn't! Tangled is officially something special that will live in my life and home forever and something I hope my own children and theirs will love as well. Expand
  6. Jwv
    Jan 11, 2014
    As the film starts, so will I start by saying that I really like the frame narrative. Everybody will be able to connect with it because of its reminiscence with bed-time stories, and it neatly ties the beginning and the ending together.

Throughout the film, there's a great momentum of action, singing and character building. The film succeeds in portraying likable, believable and funny
    characters that, although they may be cliché-esque types, do convince. The dialogues too may make you suffer from a certain feeling of déjà-vu, but they are witty, and the songs are enjoyable (props to Mandy Moore), with the usual accompanying trademark funny scenes. The voice-acting is top-notch, as are the sound-effects and the soundtrack, which provides just the right tune for just the right occasion. Going on about aesthetics, the animations were colourful and enchanting with jaw-dropping detail (which makes for an awful lot of beautiful screenshots for fans).

The story is no big mystery or surprise, even for those who are not familiar with the fairytale itself. The film however, does a great job of keeping it interesting with several sub-plots and an occasional plot-twist. It is the story about the confrontation between a naive teenager and the world, and also about the adolescent's growing awareness for the other sex. Tangled is a great example of the genius, albeit quite clichéd Disney formula of success on its best. We recognize the story of a sympathetic protagonist searching for freedom, and exploring the world. He or she encounters several evil characters on the journey, but in the end wins out over them, not only because of his or her intelligence and perseverance, but also by charming others with their innocence, likability and lack of prejudice.

This mix of elements forms the basis of the trademark Disney formula, with which Disney here proves they utterly ace the art of pleasing a mass audience, all age categories included.
  7. Jan 11, 2014
    As a 19 year old man, I'm not usually the one for disney movies but this movie was fantastic and I loved it from start to finish (I know i'm late), but definitely a must watch!
  8. Dec 9, 2013
    My favorite movie of all time. Good clean humor! Really wonderful animation and dynamic and realistic characters. Mandy Moore was the perfect pick for Rapunzel. This movie will make you laugh and cry. Must buy.
  9. Aug 8, 2013
    Beautiful, fresh, this movie it's just amazing, the plot is incredible and the end is just perfect, I liked a lot the first time I saw this movie, and it's still one of my favorite animation movie
  10. Apr 16, 2013
    A fantastic return to form for Disney. Tangled has got to be one of the best modern Disney movies (not including any Pixar titles.) Great visuals, funny characters, great story, and some of the best dialogue in an animated feature in a long time (well, at least from Disney.)

Overall:
    A fantastic Disney movie that shows what Disney is all about. A true Disney Classic.
  11. Jan 23, 2013
    Tangled is a good and enjoyable film. There are lots of hectic moments and lots of old fashioned action. It makes the twist with Rapunzel at the right moment. If you are a die hard animation-comedy fan you will absolutely enjoy this.
  12. Jan 2, 2013
    Revive la emoción de los clásicos pero con un toque moderno de comedia romántica. Distrae desde el primer momento. El camaleón y el caballo son personajes muy divertidos. Tanto Rapunzel como Flynn enamoran al espectador. Buenas canciones.
  13. Dec 8, 2012
    Bravo, Walt Disney Pictures, Bravo! #5 on my Animated Films list...truly a wonderful movie. Disney's 2nd best to only Beauty and the Beast! The music is lovely and reminded me of everything I loved about Disney as a kid! It's that good people, don't miss it!
  14. Aug 11, 2012
    Fantastic film! Although being an 18 year old boy who isn't the biggest fan of disney films, I was surpirsed by how much I loved this film. This film I feel was rejected by many, like I did, when they first saw a glimpse of it. It seemed like a typical princess film in which only girls would truly love. I really do regret not seeing this on the big screen. The main reason why I love this film are the characters. They're just so believable and relate-able. Flynn isn't your typical pretty boy and Rapunzel has more attitude and character than most princesses. Also the film looks stunning, high production values and a great attention to detail make the kingdom feel real. The relationship between Rapunzel and Flynn has more chemistry than most and it actually develops. In most of these films the relationship seems shallow and unreal. But here, you can tell these two are truly in love. This makes the film more emotional and believable. I do recommend this film to anyone because I'm just a normal guy who has never been into these films. Tangled maybe my favourite disney film. Its strangely addictive. Its gonna be my new guilty pleasure. But trust me, give the film a chance and you'll love it. Yes I admit, some parts are a bit far-fetched and the film is a bit on the short side. But this doesn't really ruin the expeerince. Expand
  15. Jul 3, 2012
    I loved this movie, I always have a good feelling when disney release a new princess. I lo ve the way is focus the "Rapunzel" story, I liked this "new perspective" about the princess wants to go oue and took the iniciative, not wating for prince who rescue her. I love the concept. Excellent movie for me.
  16. Jun 24, 2012
    I'm a HUGE fan of Pixar movies, and I must say that - with the help of the Pixar guys - Disney managed to do as good, if not better (animation is just incredible !). This movie is also a great success for my daughters (2 and 9), my wife too... The blu ray is very impressive on a HD TV (if you have to chose between BD and DVD).
  17. May 25, 2012
    When I saw previews to "Tangled", I honestly didn't have any interest to see it. It's just that Disney isn't the same anymore, I missed the Cartoon Animated types of Disney I wasn't getting into the CG Disney. I do like Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Up, and others from both Disney and Pixar. But it still doesn't give me that Disney feeling, I don't see the magic and imagination it use to have. "Princess and the Frog" and "Winnie the Pooh" were the last Disney Animated films I saw, and I really enjoyed them. But my parents got "Tangled" on Blu-ray, and I still disproved it so much. They were begging me so much to see it, so I finally broke down and watched it. The only thing I need to be completely honest is that I am a complete moron. This movie brought back the magic and imagination that I missed and waited for Disney to do, and I regrettably disproved it so much. I really wish I saw this in theaters, I was blown away by everything about it. I loved how it explains a lot on Rapunzel's childhood and why her hair keeps growing, it made a lot of sense. Then it gets better when the adventure begins, and finally see's her unforgettable cult to her kingdom. I felt heartbroken to see the King and Queen get emotional before they throw the lantern's for their lost daughter's birthday. Rapunzel never knew that all of that was about her, and its the main reason why she wants to go to that kingdom. I loved the characters, I really loved Flynn Rider and Maximus the horse. The animation, I honestly forgot about the CG, it was mostly 2D and it looked great. I don't know what else to say, but I really loved this movie so much. I just saw it for the 1st time just now, I'm gonna see it again many times more. But still, OH GOD I just wish I saw it in theaters. This was the Disney Animated film I've waited for, and I'm so happy to see that it still has that feeling and the heart for our dreams to come true. Expand
  18. May 5, 2012
    When I first heard of Tangled, I automatically turned my nose up due to the fact that it was a disney movie that involved Rapunzel. I was happily proven wrong when I watched it the other week. I like how disney managed to make it appealing to both boys and girls with a male and female role who both have an equal importance to the film. The film also combines great action scenes with broadway style songs and typical disney princess story telling. "Chuck" Star Zachary Levi voices the charming yet idiotic bandit Flynn Rider while pop star turned actress Mandy Moore plays the sweet rapunzel. this film is perfect for both the young, old and everywhere in between. I must watch and Ten times the quality on Blu-Ray Expand
  19. Apr 23, 2012
    Tangled gloriously showcases Disney's return to top-form. It's deeply heartfelt, smart, funny and looks simply gorgeous. The voice actors' performances are great - Mandy Moore's Rapunzel and Zachary Levi's Flynn Rider have great chemistry, Donna Murphy makes Mother Gothel delightfully amoral, and the most memorable Disney villain in years, and the rest of the cast, including Ron Perlman, Brad Garrett and Jeffrey Tambor all appearing to be having an immense amount of fun in their roles. The real scene-stealers, however, are not characters with dialogue (though their animalistic expressions are expertly provided by Frank Welker), but the royal horse Maximus and Rapunzel's pet chameleon Pascal - with the possible exception of Meeko and Flit from Pocahontas and WALL-E, they make two of the most entertaining mostly-silent animated characters in film history. The story is energetic and engaging, the characters compelling, the songs are catchy (particularly "Mother Knows Best" and "I've Got a Dream") and you'd have to have a heart of stone to hold back tears at the tender and beautiful lantern extravaganza scene. It's always pleasing when Disney get the balance of entertaining both adults and children just right, something they certainly achieve in Tangled. It's a hugely fitting 50th animated feature for Disney, and here's hoping they can maintain this standard in the future, and never return to the mediocrity that has plagued many of their films in the last decade. Expand
  20. Feb 28, 2012
    This movie is amazing. Action, comedy, romance, good characters, and who can forget, a horse eating an apple. At first, I thought this movie was going to be crap, but when I saw it, it was a beautifully made masterpiece I will never forget.
  21. Jan 30, 2012
    I loved the film; its story, animation, music, and humor were all superb. Maybe worthy of the Disney 'Renaissance era' and proves Disney still has it in them when it comes to producing an excellent all around animated film for all ages. It holds up too as it's still great after multiple viewings over the past year.

Highly recommend it.
  22. Jan 17, 2012
    Tangled is charming, hilarious, well animated and just fun. It doesn't have very memorable music but a few songs will get stuck in your head, and Mandy Moore gives a fantastic voice performance and the whole film just ends up being a whole lot more deep than most would think or even expect. I give this film 92%.
  23. Jan 9, 2012
    One of the best and hilarious movie made by Disney! I'm not really into princess stories with boring songs dumb innocence and typical handsome true love... but this movie got me tangled.
  24. Jan 7, 2012
    The biggest suprise of 2010, did not expect it to feel like a classic and/but feature some of the best animation in recent years. Funny, charming and actual good songs (unlike princess and the frog). Up there with Toy Story 3 and How to Train Your Dragon. This film was a moderate hit in the U.S. (it did amazing internationally) but I expect it to do much better in the future
  25. Dec 3, 2011
    It's perfect. Best animated non-Pixar Disney Movie. It's not a standard stupid animated movie for kids, like Bee Movie, Chicken Little, etc., and that's the thing that I like of the animated movies. Fun, comedy and plot.
  26. Sep 9, 2011
    Admittedly, I haven't seen a Disney movie for a while, so the magic and wonder hit me pretty hard. I watched this one last night before going to sleep, and I'm still thinking about it. I think it was an awesome movie, and it was very romantic. It's really hard to get a good romance in an animated film, and this was done excellently. Yes, I am female. The style was very casual, a la The Incredibles or Cars thanks to John Lasseter, so the magical bits just became that much more magical. I give this a two thumbs up, and I will probably have to watch it again and cry some more. Expand
  27. Jul 8, 2011
    I honestly didn't think this movie was gonna be worth my time. I was suppose to meet up with my aunt & her daughter to see it but they never showed. So, I went by myself and I loved it. I thought is was gonna be a typical disney animation but i like the fact that it was a little more mysterious and darker than most of the princess movies. The kids as well as the adults will enjoy this movie.
  28. Jun 29, 2011
    Yes!! Finally a Disney film that has the same magic as the real classics (The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin etc) The story is easy, yet good, and the characters are lovable. The songs are very good (Alan Menken did a good job writing the songs) and they are performed well. If you want to see a real Disney Animation movie, well, see this, cause Tangled is pure magic; Disney magic :) Expand
  29. Jun 10, 2011
    Very cute movie! I loved it! It was entertaining with a bit of humor throughout the movie. I would recommend this for children and for adults (that's me!). But then I never saw a bad Disney movie!!! Disney movies rock!
  30. May 28, 2011
    Another great Disney animated film. Beautifully drawn, well performed, and serves its purpose. Because the music deserves its due, I disagree in their advertising of this movie with the hiding of the fact that its a musical.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O\'Hara
    Jan 24, 2011
    Not just a pretty face; there's meat on its bones and a song in its heart besides. This deserves a place up there with the best of Disney's previous fairy tales.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Dec 9, 2010
    Disney's spirited re-telling of Rapunzel in 3D animation turns out to be a dazzler.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Biancolli
    Dec 9, 2010
    There aren't that many songs this time - just a handful, reprised ad infinitum. You get to sing most of them, so I'm sure you've noticed how bland they are.