7.7

1. Mar 11, 2013
    I love this movie, and i'm still watching it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Jan 10, 2013
    One of my favourite Disney films and its a tale we all knew growing up about the Jungle Boy who fell in love when he met Jane. Disney does a pretty tame version of this for the kids of course but its still an enjoyable Family film with some great songs from Phil Collins and some rather touching scenes in there also. Voice talents were all spot on, no real stand-outs but as a whole a great cast. Overall definitely a highlight for the more recent Disney films released and worth checking out! Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    Tarzan is a bright and beautiful film lifted only higher by the brilliance of Phill Collins' soundtrack.
  4. Feb 20, 2012
    One of my favourite Disney animated films. Has a great story, interesting characters and one of the best animation the company has ever done. Seeing Tarzan sliding through the jungle like he's skating on it is just amazing to look at. Tarzan acts as he should act; like an ape but he still has a lot of humanity in him, Jane is the best damsel in distress I have ever seen in any film and the animal characters are creatively designed and well thought out. The only problem I have with this film is Phil Collins singing in and out of the film. It is out of place and is completely random. Oh and I don't like Phil Collins' singing that much. Don't get me wrong, the songs are fantastically composed but it should have been sung by the characters in the film instead of Collins and if it was just Phil Collins composing and the characters singing, it would've been one of Disney's best musical because the songs are really great. Overall, a great Disney movie. Expand
  5. Oct 5, 2011
    "Tarzan" is one of those Disney classics that molded your brain and your heart with passion and innocence. A colorful masterpiece overall.
  6. Apr 23, 2011
    This movie is one of Disney's greatest. Heart warming, inspiring, fantastic. The visuals, plot, and soundtrack are the stand-out features, but it is the sheer excellence in all areas of the film that make this a movie for everyone, not just a child's movie.
  7. Apr 22, 2011
    Heartfelt, featuring terrific action and exciting animation, and based on a lovable and emotional story, 'Tarzan' works even as a great musical, but as an animated film, it stretches to the Top.
  8. Dec 21, 2010
    Like most of the old Disney classics, this movie just has something special about it. It seems Disney has been losing its touch the last few years. A person could almost say that the company has forgotten what Disney is about. Tarzan is arguably as good as if not better than The Lion King. It has great asthetics, audio and a soundtrack that shouldn't be forgotten (but as time goes on, no doubt will be), has well developed characters, a story that one could not walk away from unfinished and of course that little bit of magic that Disney always used to have. I have no problem with Disney's Pixar films such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo and even maybe Up, but I am sorry to say that I think Disney has gotten lost in the new technology of today and may never go back to the fantastic old styles like Tarzan here. Then again, I have yet to watch The Princess and the Frog. Expand
  9. Oct 23, 2010
    like Mulan, Tarzan is excellent
  10. Oct 11, 2010
    An amazing movie I loved as a kid, and I still do to this day! The music by Phil Collins is also very excellent, in fact the best since Lion King at the time.

Of the many excellent animated features Disney has produced over the past decade, this is the one that feels the freest, and sweetest.
  2. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    The movie is a collision between inspiration and tastelessness, between the defiantly quirky and the wholesomely homogenized. I hated it in principle--I hate most modern Disney cartoons--but adored a good deal of it in practice.
  3. We may have seen it all before, but when it's done up like this, experiencing it all over again is a pleasure. [16 June 1999, Calendar, p.F-1]