5.5

1. M.
    Jan 2, 2006
    All things considered, an ok adaption of this excellent Manga and Anime series. Encapsulates most of the entire first series, with only minor ommissions. The music-video style editing gets in the way at times, but the driving sequences, featuring real D1 drivers, are fairly well executed.
  2. RyanPoosersnitz
    Jul 1, 2007
    I humbly admire this attempt to remake such a wonderful series. I feel that it did not quite stay true to the original series, example; where the HECK is Cole? But they did add some nice touches, such as the romantic walk on the beach with Tak wearing a shirt that only says "69." I also like the amount of insults there were because Japanese translators believe that all us crazy American I humbly admire this attempt to remake such a wonderful series. I feel that it did not quite stay true to the original series, example; where the HECK is Cole? But they did add some nice touches, such as the romantic walk on the beach with Tak wearing a shirt that only says "69." I also like the amount of insults there were because Japanese translators believe that all us crazy American do is curse, and call people fags. Expand
  3. JCheung
    Jan 25, 2006
    What a great real life version, if you've ever seen any of the cartoons. For those who haven't, the driving in this movie definitely gives an interesting glimpse into what mountainous racing may be like.

1. Reviewed by: Shelly Kraicer
    Slick though featherweight adolescent melodrama.
  2. Reviewed by: Stina Chyn
    As a matter of fact, Initial D is an anti-car racing film. It's not about thrills; it's about how to perfect the art of drifting, philosophy, and how to transcend the human condition.
  3. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    A slick but silly affair unlikely to appeal to anyone over the age of 15.