Ted

7.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 754 Ratings
Watch Now
Meth-dudeJul 30, 2017
If you like Seth MacFarlane's humour, you'll have no problem getting through the movie, you may even get a few laughs. If not, then I would recommend you not to watch it. As for the movie, the acting was fine, some of the jokes were okay andIf you like Seth MacFarlane's humour, you'll have no problem getting through the movie, you may even get a few laughs. If not, then I would recommend you not to watch it. As for the movie, the acting was fine, some of the jokes were okay and the movie was quite entertaining to watch. While it may not be the funniest comedy to come out in recent years, it's still really watchable and even enjoyable. Expand
ZerpnosMar 5, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arkadaşı olmayan küçük bir çocukken dilekte bulanan John, ayısının canlanmasıyla birlikte büyük bir şok yaşıyor ve mutlu oluyor. Yıllarca Ted adını verdiği ayısıyla her şeyini paylaşan ve yapan John. Artık evliliğe doğru yürüdüğü yolda ciddi biri olmak adına Ted'i bırakmak zorunda kalıyor fakat eski dostunu asla unutamayan John, Ted'i bırakamıyor ardından kaçırılan Ted'i kurtarmaya çalışırken kendini buluyor ve hem komedi hemde heyecan dolu bir filmi bizlere sunuyor. Expand
drlowdonFeb 8, 2017
Seth MacFarlane, best known as the creator of Family Guy, makes his directorial debut with a film that tells the story of John Bennett and the teddy bear (Ted) he wished to life as a lonely young child. If you've ever seen Family Guy you'llSeth MacFarlane, best known as the creator of Family Guy, makes his directorial debut with a film that tells the story of John Bennett and the teddy bear (Ted) he wished to life as a lonely young child. If you've ever seen Family Guy you'll have a pretty good idea of the type of crude humour used throughout the movie. Admittedly there is a bit of a lack of coherence in places with the movie jumping from one premise to the next but, being a fan of Family Guy (up until the last few mediocre seasons at least), I must admit I genuinely found it pretty funny. Expand
J2005Sep 15, 2016
Ted hearkens back to the days of Golden Age Family Guy when humor was something that the audience could actually understand enough to laugh at and not just uttering the word ''DOOKIE''over and over again.

The film pushes the envelope more

The film pushes the envelope more than it needs too at times, but the rest of it's jokes are honest enough to find funny while staying true to the creative nuance of the film's premise.
DanBurritoJul 1, 2016
The plot is familiar, but Ted makes up for this with Seth McFarlane's hilarious brand of edgy humour and offers the timeless pleasure of watching a teddy bear get stoned. The premise is simple- a teddy bear comes alive and grows up to be aThe plot is familiar, but Ted makes up for this with Seth McFarlane's hilarious brand of edgy humour and offers the timeless pleasure of watching a teddy bear get stoned. The premise is simple- a teddy bear comes alive and grows up to be a swearing, alcoholic slacker. It's a great idea, and while the movie occasionally feels like a series of skits, it's hard to complain when the jokes are this funny. If you don't like crude humour, then this won't make you laugh. But if you're a McFarlane fan - and I certainly am - you're in for a treat. Overall, Ted is a very funny, if unevenly structured comedy and one of the funniest movies of 2012. Expand
IAmTechJun 18, 2016
I don't get how some films (mainly comedy) at times seem to take an old actor/franchise and completely flaunt him/it like product placement. In this film for some reason Seth MacFarlane has used Sam L. Jones of 'Flash Gordon' fame in whatI don't get how some films (mainly comedy) at times seem to take an old actor/franchise and completely flaunt him/it like product placement. In this film for some reason Seth MacFarlane has used Sam L. Jones of 'Flash Gordon' fame in what seems to be some kind of agreement to try and reboot his career. Well that's how it comes across to me anyway, no other reason for him being there really. I'm guessing its in a typical 'Family Guy' style just to have random off the wall moments with cameos.

So Seth MacFarlane breaks into the movies with this 'Family Guy' orientated comedy. I say 'Family Guy' orientated because even though it has nothing to do with FG the main character of Ted sounds just like Brian and Peter from FG (yes I know that's how MacFarlane sounds in reality), he wrote it with FG writers, plus he utilizes FG voice actress Mila Kunis also, so its home from home in a way.

I expected this to be totally downright funny and hilariously filthy, it was but not as much as I hoped for. Yes there are some grand bits of dialog that sound so cynical and sharp with MacFarlane's well spoken tones but they are few and far between.

Even the swearing isn't as cool as you would think. At first you think its gonna be awesome to finally here Peter and Brian Griffin use bad profanity but it wains fast. At first its highly effective but as time passes the novelty where's off. Its like a sexy sultry woman dressed in a tight skimpy revealing outfit, its amazingly hot and never fails to keep you excited. Then you see the same woman completely naked...straight away she no longer becomes as hot because all the mystery is gone, she's right there in the buff with nothing left to hide.

So in other words when we see Family Guy without swearing its actually more effective than if it had swearing, because it makes you use your imagination and I think comes across funnier. It works for this film (at times) I'm just saying hearing MacFarlane swear wasn't as funny as I thought it would be (can anyone beat Cartman in those stakes?). Hope you all get what I'm saying.

As for the rest its kinda average really, nothing much happens in the film until the finale which does get a whole lot better. Kudos to Giovanni Ribisi with his excellent Norman Bates style father character, easily the best thing to watch towards the end. The sequence where he is dancing in front of the TV to Tiffany is creepy as fudge plus hilarious at the same time...yet I'm not sure why, I think it was the pelvic moves.

There are a few weirdly eerie moments in the film, probably down to the fact its based around a living teddy bear. The point where Ted fights Wahlberg is kinda creepy in a disturbing horror type way. I reckon its suppose to be a take on the sequences in 'Family Guy' where Peter fights that large chicken character (seems to use the same sound effects too). Was it suppose to be funny?! Seeing Ted having sex, being with hookers and dating hot women is also rather odd, why would a real woman wanna go out with a teddy bear?? Yes its a fantasy film but really?

Other than that it does satisfy to a degree, its just not as good as it could of been methinks. Ending was sweet but totally predictable lame fluff, Wahlberg was miscast in my opinion (the guy can't act, why does no one see this?!) and clearly MacFarlane has a 'Flash Gordon' fetish. He stuck Sam Jones in there why again? (looks good for his age though, can't deny that).

Sorry for comparing 'Family Guy' to this so much, hard not to really...oh and for typing it a a lot too.
AaronWasserman1Mar 26, 2016
A very well made piece of comedic genius from Mr. MacFarlane. Ted is like a 2 hour Family Guy episode, full of laughter! Taking a concept that should be stupid, and it is, but making it work so well
MrMovieBuffMar 5, 2016
Seth MacFarlane (creator of 'Family Guy') makes his feature-film debut with a story about a grown man, and his walking, talking teddy bear in 'Ted'.

During Christmas sometime in the 1980s, a young boy named John Bennett who seems to have trouble making friends, and fitting in with some of the other boys. His parents give him the best gift he has ever been given, a stuffed teddy bear where if you squeeze his chest, a little squeaky voice says "I love you". This endearing bear has proven to be something special for the young John.

One night, John makes a wish to this bear that he could talk and be his real friend. The next morning, John is shocked to discover that his wish came true and that "Ted" has come to life. At first it freaks a lot of people out, but soon enough, Ted becomes a celebrity and we see him going on chat shows and promoting his fame, but the fame doesn't distract Ted from his strong friendship with John.

We cut to over 20 years later, and John (Mark Wahlberg) and Ted (voiced by Seth MacFarlane) live in an apartment always making a habit of smoking pot and getting high all the time. We also meet John's girlfriend Lori (Mila Kunis) who raises some concern that her boyfriend is nothing more than just an eight year old boy trapped in a 30 year old's body. She wants Ted to move out, so they can focus strongly on their relationship.

Ted tries to find a new apartment to live in, and tries looking for a job. He ends up working at a till at a supermarket, this is where he meets a girl named Tami-Lynn (Jessica Barth), and there seems to be romance blooming between them.

Meanwhile, Ted's fame and being alive seems to have caught the attention of a sinister man named Donny (Giovanni Ribisi), who has been stalking Ted since his rise to fame, and promised his son that he would give him the bear.

Considering that this is an R-Rated comedy by Seth MacFarlane, it is crude, but not as visually crude as what you would see in most Seth Rogen comedies. There are many penis jokes, drugs jokes, and sex jokes galore for the oldest and most crudest of audiences to enjoy. MacFarlane proves that he has brought something to the R-Rated comedy category, while it may not be as crude as I thought, it still is very funny, and had me laughing from start to finish.

Some of the jokes do get a little out of hand from time to time. We often meet characters who are a little messed up to the point of non-existence, they are not believable, they are joke archetypes.

But other than that, one of the funniest films of 2012.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 19, 2016
Ted is about a teddy bear that can talk like a human and have the legal rights like a human. That's not all. Ted can also get away with foul profanity and get away with hidden references. Most people would rather watch this just to grant theTed is about a teddy bear that can talk like a human and have the legal rights like a human. That's not all. Ted can also get away with foul profanity and get away with hidden references. Most people would rather watch this just to grant the laughs from it since it's from the same creator of Family Guy. If you enjoy Family Guy without any doubt, you'll highly enjoy this movie without a doubt. Expand
HerlyantiJan 6, 2016
I'm not sure Ted's really the Teddy Bear I know all this time. Yes he's still cute and all that, but he's so rude, vulgar and really loves to get high. I was shocked, actually. With that sweet and moving opening about X-mas wish, I neverI'm not sure Ted's really the Teddy Bear I know all this time. Yes he's still cute and all that, but he's so rude, vulgar and really loves to get high. I was shocked, actually. With that sweet and moving opening about X-mas wish, I never thought it would be a harsh joke movie. I like it, tho. It's funny. Just don't understand why Seth tries to change the image of Teddy Bear? Well, maybe this is where the basic joke lays.
Btw, i don't really approve Mila and Mark as a couple here. They're like coming from a different generation to me
BarneyOnMTJan 5, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: It's genuinely, properly hilarious and may have you laughing out loud, and the characters are well fleshed out
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The plot isn't particularly grounded so engagement in the film can be lost, and the comedy isn't consistent
VERDICT: For sheer comedy, 'Ted' is great, but there are much better films out there.
CharlieBetterIsDec 23, 2015
Não sei como tem gente que gosta desse filme. Além de ser de mau gosto, tem um roteiro horrível e uma história meio que fajuta.Só a cena final que salva, mas ela é bem extrapolada também.
CineAutoctonoDec 5, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A hilarious and crazy film a talking , womanizing loose bear, which we all liked by his charisma and his rudeness , along with Mr. actor Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis beautiful , made ​​me laugh nonstop. Expand
SirDimitris27Oct 21, 2015
One of the funniest movies of all time with an equally amazing sequel. It's humor which is black and dirty might not be appreciated by everyone though!
augustwoAug 10, 2015
GREAT COMEDY!! And i don't use that term lightly ever. The critics on the left are morons. This movie has it all. Great cameos throughout, great story, hot chicks and Family Guy style humor i love.
ArceptafferJul 29, 2015
I laughed my head off with this film. Seth Macfarlane is a comedic god. No one is funnier than him. I can't wait to watch the sequel. Now, time to go watch some family guy.
ElGalanJul 12, 2015
I'm going to keep this short:

This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Nothing in it was funny, I cannot believe there are people that found this humorous at all. Save you $.
TrilobiteGJul 10, 2015
Another comedy which is in my favourites. This film is **** hilarious. This film was full of dark humour and hilarious scenes. Hands down the best comedy I've seen in ages. And here's the thing, comedies usually fail with serious aspects toAnother comedy which is in my favourites. This film is **** hilarious. This film was full of dark humour and hilarious scenes. Hands down the best comedy I've seen in ages. And here's the thing, comedies usually fail with serious aspects to their movies or try to turn it into something stupid which usually plays off well, but i have to praise this movie with another unit (originally going to give it 8) because it keeps the serious side at just the right length and doesn't strain on it too much meaning that the audience doesn't feel conflicted in what the movie is trying to be. This is what the other guys did correctly as well. I just hope the sequel isn't disappointing! Expand
oDjentoJul 9, 2015
Short review for Ted 2 release. Ted is a hysterically funny comedy that consistently delivers an abundance of side splitting jokes non stop, with scenes of comedy that last minutes on end before settling down for the next jokey segment; inShort review for Ted 2 release. Ted is a hysterically funny comedy that consistently delivers an abundance of side splitting jokes non stop, with scenes of comedy that last minutes on end before settling down for the next jokey segment; in particular the party scene with Flash Gordon. Pure comedy gold and somehow the chemistry between Marky Mark and a CGI teddy bear seems more convincing and genuine than most real actors on screen. I would give this film an 8.5/10 really but i'm going to have to go up to a 9/10 just because this film has a special place in my (immature) heart Expand
MadMaxFuryRoadJun 26, 2015
Ted is a pretty funny movie though it is not as hilarious as people say it is. It is pretty weird how a teddy bear could talk but is also really funny when he starts cussing. The movie had me laugh all the way and the ending got a lot more serious
AaronDWassermanJun 26, 2015
If you are a fan of Family Guy and Seth Macfarlane in general, you will have so much fun with this film. It is an absolute treat. and one of the greatest comedy movies ever
FilmVirtueJun 25, 2015
Crude, Vulgar and ridiculous from start to finish, Ted is offensive, but frickin' hilarious! What else can we expect from Seth MacFarlane. And yes Ted, you do sound like Peter Griffen (get the jist)
starmarx39May 10, 2015
Ted, ironically has very little Ted in it.

Ted, ironically has very little Ted in it.

Seth MacFarlane's first outing to the silver screen is one of confused clutter, his raunchy entertaining sense of humor buried in a sea of awkward unconvincing drama. Ted is not a comedy. Ted himself is merely the comic relief in a bland drama about a remarkably generic roommate named "John".

When John was a child, he wished on Christmas Day that his new Teddy Bear would come to life and be his friend. The film makes a turn for the parody with an admittedly very funny first half hour. However this is quickly seen to be short lived. The film's focus is around John having to kick Ted out of his apartment to focus on his relationship with his succubus girlfriend "Laura or Lori or something or rather I honestly barely recall". This means that after the first bit of fan service, featuring nearly every scene shown in the trailers the film gets misleading and shifts focus off of its title character in favor of an unfunny couple who simply do not have chemistry. They are not cute, they are not funny and they unfortunately pave the road for what the film is.

Depressing.

I'm not kidding. Literally everything past the forty minute mark is just awkward drama about some guy trying to break things off with his roommate and it follows the tropes so closely that it's impossible to get invested. Ted is the only likable character, if anything because he gets a few laughs in the few precious minutes he's actually on screen (being an expensive CG character the film chooses not to put him on screen any time they don't have to in favor of much cheaper live action). Ted's humor itself isn't exactly sharp, but it's just goofy and foul enough to get a few laughs for the trailer. Past that though it's just an awkward hour of people complaining about growing up, sad music playing, shots of people in the rain, a disappointing subplot to shoehorn in a climax and a seemingly endless barrage of celebrity humor most of which doesn't make sense.

Ted's sad, alright? It's a sad, depressing movie and every second past forty minutes you're less concerned with laughing at the bear, and more concerned with the bland protagonist just getting his life together or, better yet, moving back in with the damn bear so we can laugh again. It's so-so acting, a predictable script, incredibly fleeting moments of actual comedy and a generally tedious, albeit well animated when Ted himself is onscreen picture that simply isn't gripping enough to make you care. If you really want to see the raunchy comedy, just fast forward the first forty minutes on netflix to the scenes with the actual bear in them. Or better yet, just watch Team America or American Dad. If you're in it for the drama on growing up, go for Toy Story 3.
DokaluApr 11, 2015
Ok, I'll admit it has some funny pranks. Also, it's pretty cool the use of the bad words. But besides that, the movie has a little lame acting, some poor jokes, overreacting to many things, and it's very cliched in many aspects. I liked it,Ok, I'll admit it has some funny pranks. Also, it's pretty cool the use of the bad words. But besides that, the movie has a little lame acting, some poor jokes, overreacting to many things, and it's very cliched in many aspects. I liked it, and I would recommend it if you just want to have a fun time.
Real score: 5.7
arthur1nowApr 6, 2015
Un film moyen avec des personnages plutôt drôles mais ce sont les enchainement de "gags" qui sont selon moins en dessous. Dommage. Un film sans plus.
NerdConsultantDec 29, 2014
Ted is one of the funniest movies I've seen in ages with some of Seth Mcfarlen's best writing. it does what princess diaries did well in making a live action cartoon similar to his family guy and american dad shows and it works in so manyTed is one of the funniest movies I've seen in ages with some of Seth Mcfarlen's best writing. it does what princess diaries did well in making a live action cartoon similar to his family guy and american dad shows and it works in so many ways and it's great to see Mark Wahlberg in a decent movie given his track record in recent memory Expand
GuillermoBMDec 13, 2014
Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Ted is a comedy film written and directed by Seth MacFarlane, starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted's voice). I was so pumped for this movie and I had very high expectations. Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as I thought. Ted squanders its potential with an uneven, weirdly written script. The simple fact of being a movie about a talking bear is interesting, but this bear is a douchebag and I don't like his voice; MacFarlane's voice is so annoying, his voice just doesn't match with the likable appearance of the bear. As we go, the black humor was tedious, although I'm pretty sure that a huge part of the audience will enjoy the tone of the movie. To me... it's just a too vulgar film.

On the upside, the opening scene is fantastic, very enjoyable and quite touching. I also liked a scene near the last act where Ted and Mark Wahlberg's character are fighting each other, it was hilarious. There's another funny scene where Mila Kunis' character has to lift a piece of crap, and I found it wickedly funny! The special effects are great, the bear looks realistic and its design is so well done. I laughed and had fun with Ted, but I can't say that is a good film! Ted is just a well-acted romantic comedy that has its moments, some of them astonishingly funny. I also liked most of the characters, the cinematography and the camera work. Also, the musical score is jazzy and quite pleasant.

I really wanted to love Ted, but its story is kinda uninteresting and some of the jokes are horrendously offensive. It had potential for being a great PG rated film, but come on... it's directed by Seth MacFarlane, so there will be a lot of profanity and blasphemy in it. It works as a romantic comedy, but it is a very vulgar one to me. The script is filled with boring pop culture references and racist gags. I just can't take this movie seriously. Also, the ending is very silly and predictable. It is a comedy for a very specific audience, I'm sure that fans of MacFarlane's previous work will be satisfied with this one. Anyway, I still give it credit because at least there's chemistry between the characters and it made me laugh at times. [C]
ydnar4Nov 22, 2014
Seth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I wasSeth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I was worried that the film received too much hype and wouldn't be able to live up to it but I was so wrong. Ted can pretty much get away with saying anything and Mark Wahlberg shows how great he can be in a comedy film. To me comedy is where he should be. Can't wait for the sequel to Ted in 2015! Expand
vikesh2206Nov 10, 2014
Ted is funny and very enjoyable. However, it focuses on and gags (even the jokes are somewhat derivative) more than its story and is very predictable.
CPD98Nov 3, 2014
Tenía mis dudas sobre esta peli pero fue bastante divertida. Tiene escenas un poco raras que habrá quien no las entienda, pero te ríes, al menos yo me reí. Transmite buen rollo.