Ted

7.0

1. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ted doesn't bring anything new to the table, and offers very little to begin with, but it has a heart. The usual Hollywood plot line of the perfect couple that breaks up over something in the man's life and gets back together in the end is predictable, but diverting nonetheless. Expand
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    If you appreciate "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane's irreverent brand of humor (bodily functions, racial and sexual jibes, liberal four-letters), you're bound to love his first feature. Mark Wahlberg plays a mid-thirties man who's still dependent on his teddy bear, which became his real-life best friend when he was a boy. This causes problems with his job performance and his humanIf you appreciate "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane's irreverent brand of humor (bodily functions, racial and sexual jibes, liberal four-letters), you're bound to love his first feature. Mark Wahlberg plays a mid-thirties man who's still dependent on his teddy bear, which became his real-life best friend when he was a boy. This causes problems with his job performance and his human relationship (Mila Kunis). Having a cuddly stuffed animal that cusses constantly, smokes pot and is sex-obsessed is sufficient source of comedy for many, but writer/Ted's voice MacFarlane manages a steady stream of truly funny wisecracks (and no group is spared). The rest of the cast and predictable plot basically serve to support Ted's tour de force. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2014
    The concept of Ted is something only Seth MacFarlane would come up--and rightfully so, he'd be the only man to make it work. It certainly does. I'd recommend lessening some of the profanity to allow the audience to better connect.
  4. Aug 1, 2012
    I'd say "Ted"'s a OK movie. The teddy bear's got the family-guy style humor going on, which is pretty hilarious, But except for Ted, the movie isn't really that exciting; it's the teddy bear that makes the movie.
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ted is every single thing a Family Guy fan wants, and its also for people who don't like Family Guy. So, this movie is about Johnny who wishes his teddy to come to life. And when Teddy comes alive he becomes a international sensation and a best friend to his master, but eventually Teddy grows up and changes happen. Big changes. Johnny meets a girl and hangs with her for 4 years and now she wants marriage and Teddy has to move out. Teddy gets wild with his scrounged life and expects Johhny to join it. But his girlfriend is very serious about family business. And so, this crazy wild romp ride gets in sugarplum in its plot. Ted is the best comedy of 2012 and maybe the best ever made. Why should you watch it? Because its damn funny. I love Ted, it's a new creation that Seth McFarlane has created with a mix of wild condiments and, hey! Mila Kunis! The farty jokes were compelling and funny, the acting was great probably the best of 2012. Ted Is Real. Expand
  6. Jan 10, 2014
    I fail to see what so many people find funny about this movie. As a former fan of both American Dad and Family Guy I had high hopes for this movie, especially because the trailers looked hilarious. Unfortunately I found that 99% of the movies funny material is in the trailer. This is a movie that tries to get by on vulgarity alone. It's like Seth MacFarlane is hoping that you'll ignore howI fail to see what so many people find funny about this movie. As a former fan of both American Dad and Family Guy I had high hopes for this movie, especially because the trailers looked hilarious. Unfortunately I found that 99% of the movies funny material is in the trailer. This is a movie that tries to get by on vulgarity alone. It's like Seth MacFarlane is hoping that you'll ignore how unnecessarily vulgar this movie is and laugh at it just because a teddy bear is the one doing these crude and painfully unfunny things.

As far as the plot goes it's a tale about growing up mixed with both a rom-com and a bromance flick. An interesting combination to say the least, but the shear unbridled obscenity of the "humor" drowns out any hint of sentimentality this movie might have had. I don't mind vulgar humor as long as it's funny, and I just can't view this movie as funny. To me it's like Seth MacFarlane had so much pent up dirty humor inside him that he couldn't unleash on one of his TV shows, that he just decided to cram as much of it as he could into a movie with out any thought or care about whether or not it was actually funny.

I found this to be a colossal waste of my time and the film never got anything more from a chuckle from me. I don't personally recommend it, but you might be like a lot of the other people out there who enjoyed the film. All I can say is that I found the film to be vulgar just for the sake of being vulgar, and was willing to sacrifice humor in order to be so. Clearly there's something to like here as so many people have enjoyed the movie. In my personal opinion this movie isn't funny. In the end all I can do is just give you my opinion and tell you to do with that information what you will. Like I said I didn't enjoy the movie, but many people did. Do with that info what you will.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    A very hysterically written, proficiently directed comedy film. MacFarlane should definitely be allowed to helm future projects.
  8. Feb 16, 2013
    Ted is nothing more than a juvenile film with crude and mostly unfunny sex jokes. The movie is over the top punctuated by a few bright spots here and there. It seemed like Seth MacFarlane wrote down any stupid joke that came to mind and threw it all together.
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    Besides a few Family Guy like moments, It was actually a pretty original and funny film. I laughed out loud quite a few times while watching it. Doesn't matter if you are a fan of Family Guy or not, You should definently give this movie a chance.
  10. Nov 5, 2012
    Never has a comedy been so rambunctious and random, yet felt so real and relatable. As a fan of Family Guy, it may be a given I like Ted, but Seth MacFarlane here has proved the big screen isn't too big for him and his crew of crazy people to handle. He could be the next Judd Apatow.
  11. Feb 22, 2013
    Even though Ted is a Seth MacFarlane movie, I was hesitant to see it. A thirty year old guy who lives with his foul mouthed teddy bear?! I was expecting another Paul, but MacFarlane isn't British, and THIS film was hysterical. Ted is a raunchy real life living teddy bear, who combines the traits of every MacFarlane character. It was pretty awesome, sometimes you saw him as Peter, otherEven though Ted is a Seth MacFarlane movie, I was hesitant to see it. A thirty year old guy who lives with his foul mouthed teddy bear?! I was expecting another Paul, but MacFarlane isn't British, and THIS film was hysterical. Ted is a raunchy real life living teddy bear, who combines the traits of every MacFarlane character. It was pretty awesome, sometimes you saw him as Peter, other times Brian, and so on. The real surprise of this film was Mark Wahlberg. I can't remember ever seeing him in a comedy and I wasn't sure his rather dry personality would work with MacFarlane's brand of humor, but he fit in like he's been doing this for years. I mean he was Marky Mark, he must have some personality in there somewhere! As for the story, it's not much different than a really good episode of Family Guy. Of course, it a lot more raunchy and it's not animated, but there are certainly many parallels, and defiantly some hysterical lines. It's not the kind of film I usually go for, at points, it's more than a little stupid, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I laughed my ass off throughout the film. Expand
  12. Mar 13, 2013
    There is some really funny moments here, but I thought that it could have been funnier. Mark Wahlberg continues to prove he has the ability to be great in comedies, but I still preferred The Other Guys.
  13. Feb 17, 2013
    If this was supposed to be one of the best comedies of the year, that is sad, because it was hardly amusing at all. Instead of having jokes naturally flow with the script they seemed so placed. Decent acting and a somewhat lively car chase scene are what saves this movie.
  14. Mar 18, 2014
    from the guy who brought us family guy and american dad . Seth MacFarlane is the adult swim king and this movie brought me laughs and joy . i love Seth's directing and writing the script . i heard ted 2 is coming soon in 2015 which i will enjoy and willing to see
  15. Jan 25, 2014
    Ted is a funny, crude comedy from the creator of Family Guy. It's funny by default to see a foul mouthed, bear drinking live action teddy bear by default. There are a whole bunch of laugh out loud moments. That said, Ted hits rockier ground in the final third, with the emotional scenes failing to take flight.
  16. Nov 22, 2014
    Seth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I was worried that the film received too much hype and wouldn't be able to live up to it but I was so wrong. Ted can pretty much get away with sayingSeth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I was worried that the film received too much hype and wouldn't be able to live up to it but I was so wrong. Ted can pretty much get away with saying anything and Mark Wahlberg shows how great he can be in a comedy film. To me comedy is where he should be. Can't wait for the sequel to Ted in 2015! Expand
  17. Aug 24, 2014
    A funny movie for at least one round of good laughs. Lots of goofing around between guys, immature jokes and good reactions from Lori (Mila Kunis).

The plot itself is fairly unique, featuring a teddy bear who magically comes alive and remains a life-long friend of a lonely boy-turned-man. That friendship isn't easily shaken - not even when John (Mark Wahlberg) needs to choose between his thunder-buddy and hot girlfriend. He truly tries, but Ted is a bad influence on him.

Many familiar voices from MacFarlane's other projects are present. Guy's (Patrick Warburton) character was definitely my favorite.
  18. Jan 30, 2013
    I really didn't want to like this movie, we all knew it would be pop-cultured Family Guy jokes that we had heard before...it was...but it was still funny.
    A young child makes a wish that his teddy bear will come to life, so that they can be best friends forever.
    27 years later, the grown up John (the return of COMEDIC Mark Whalberg, seriously, why does this guy not do more comedies?) is living with his has been, drug-riddled bear 'Ted' (vocied by director and writer Seth MacFarlane) who spends his day smoking and drinking an watching TV, doesn't sound funny? Well its really the chemistry that Whalberg can have with something that isn't actually there, that is impressive and credit to him, but the constant back and forth between the two, talking about Flash Gordon, rightfully dissing Adam Sandler, but most of all, the film simply keeps throwing more and more towards you, never taking its foot off the throttle, sure, its a typical tale of a guy's best friend being in the way of a blossoming relationship with a girl (played by the beautiful Mila Kunis) but its the absurdity of the situation that makes it that much more entertaining.
    It is perhaps the crude jokes that are the funniest, but what needs to be remembered is this is MacFarlane at the helm, its his duty and probably favourite pastime is to poke fun at the ridiculous world we live in..and why not to it through a Peter Griffin-sounding plush bear? (Yes, this is referenced in the film)
    It's not a brilliant piece of cinema, but if you know Seth MacFarlane's mind and you know what he is setting out to do, this could be the most enjoyable film of 2012, there even does come a time when emotion can be felt from the film, it definitely has an original twist on a familiar story, but absolutely worth a look
  19. Aug 17, 2013
    While I do have a couple of issues with Ted most of them are me just looking at the film for what it could have been along with nitpicking. When you finish watching a comedy you should not be thinking too much about your issues with the characters or the story but rather should ask yourself the question whether or not you laughed and if so how much and how hard. With this movie a laughedWhile I do have a couple of issues with Ted most of them are me just looking at the film for what it could have been along with nitpicking. When you finish watching a comedy you should not be thinking too much about your issues with the characters or the story but rather should ask yourself the question whether or not you laughed and if so how much and how hard. With this movie a laughed quite a few times such to the point that I do not mind the clichés and the unaddressed issue at the end of the film. While the film is not hilarious it is still funny and definitely worth a watch. I am glad I saw it and if Seth McFarlene makes more movies I only hope that he keeps me laughing. Expand
  20. Nov 29, 2012
    Ted was maybe the funniest movie I've seen all year. Mark Wahlberg played a pretty good role but Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted) steal the show. Mila is absolutely stunning as usual and MacFarlane's sense of humor is so deranged that you can't help but find it hilarious. This definitely isn't a movie for everyone. It's incredibly vulgar and some people might be offended by a lot ofTed was maybe the funniest movie I've seen all year. Mark Wahlberg played a pretty good role but Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted) steal the show. Mila is absolutely stunning as usual and MacFarlane's sense of humor is so deranged that you can't help but find it hilarious. This definitely isn't a movie for everyone. It's incredibly vulgar and some people might be offended by a lot of the content. Nonetheless, if you're like me and don't really care about any of that stuff, I think you'd love this movie. Expand
  21. Aug 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Karen wants Andy to stop lying. Why did Maggie, the mother's best friend, fall out of their seventh story apartment window? She knows her son. He's sweet. But whose footprints are those on the kitchen counter top? She needs answers. Andy tells her mother that his belated birthday gift, a Good Guy doll, is actually Charles Lee Ray, an angel who was sent down from heaven by daddy to look over him. "Chucky" for short, the man otherwise known as "The Lakeshore Strangler", is evil incarnate, and in the guise of a slightly effeminate doll, the possessed toy manipulates Andy into being his collaborator, in Tom Holland's Child's Play. What Andy really needs is a dog, but they're city dwellers, Chicagoan urbanites, living in an apartment complex that's probably not hospitable to animals. John Bennett(an only child just like Andy), on the other hand, resides in the suburbs, yet his cheap parents get him a teddy bear for Christmas, when they could easily accommodate a cute puppy for their lonely son. Lacking the wherewithal of imagination that can bring a stuffed animal to life through role-playing, John wishes for his bear to be instilled with life, just as a shooting star traverses across the dusky sky outside the Bennett household. To some, the shooting star, is a sign of good things to come, but for others, it can be representative of a fallen angel, or worse, Satan himself. The film assumes the former, and yet a case could be made for the alternative. No Hobbes, this Ted, since people can see and hear the bear, starting with John's flummoxed parents, whose reaction towards the living breathing stuffed animal is not much different from Karen's own horror when Chucky suddenly comes to life in her hands. Genres are fluid things. Mrs. Bennett compares Ted to the baby Jesus, a miracle, whereas the possession of the Good Guy doll constitutes a thaumaturgical event, the practitioning of voodoo, thereby animating the inanimate with diabolism, a curse. Similar to Chucky, the teddy bear has two voices: a canned one, devised by the toy company, and a real one, as if produced by actual vocal cords. While Chucky is a known quantity, we know next to nothing about Ted's linguistical origins. Who is he, really? When Charles Ray performs the same translocating spell at the Barclay apartment as the one at the toy store, the loci of power that hovers over Andy is distinguished by a fulmination from the heavens, making them "thunder buddies", just like John and Ted, who hide under the covers from the inclement weather as children. In a sense, they're hiding from God. Years later, during a fight, after John calls his best friend "Teddy Ruxpin"(a sort of slur), the first thing that Ted does is grab a Gideon Bible from the motel drawer, and flings it at the thirty-something burnout, who blames the bear for his girlfriend calling it quits. Later, when John and Lori reconcile, they get married at a pagan church, a quasi-religious ceremony based on the teachings of Flash Gordon, with Sam J. Jones residing. Happy ending notwithstanding, Ted is the root cause of John's extended adolescence; his slacker lifestyle, an evocation of the idiom "the devil finds work for idle hands". At 35, John has a dead end job at a car rental agency, and spends most of his free time on the sofa, getting stoned and watching bad movies with Ted. But things could be worse. Like Hellboy, the star of the Gullimero del Toro films, Ted fell in the right hands, in which kindness helped nurture win the fight over nature, and tempered the inherent wickedness of the monster. The filmmaker, intentional or not, accentuates the bear's position as a surrogate dog, when the short-lived celebrity, bristling over having to find menial work, says: "This is how the cast of Different Strokes feel every hour." Julie Sawyer, a struggling actress in Samuel Fuller's White Dog, loses a role to Laura Drummond, whose last name, of course, is the same as the father who adopts Willis and Arnold. Easily Ted could have taken to hate crimes, along the lines of Julie's German shepherd, a "white dog", or rather, an attack dog, specially trained to kill black people. Donny, the stalker who kidnaps Ted, has the potential of undoing the bear's sound upbringing, thereby intensifying the racist disposition the stuffed animal has towards Latinos into action. At a drug-fueled party, the stoned pair talk about opening an Italian restaurant, an exclusive one, if Ted has his way. While the bear concedes to permitting Jews as patrons, he draws the line on Mexicans. A misogynist, too, Ted displays a particular hatred for the local women. In that aforementioned fight with John, the comic tone of their no holds barred brawl obscures Ted's intent to kill John. His disrespect for the "good book" reveals the latent devil inside. Without the counterbalancing effect of love, Ted could have become a "brown bear", or perhaps, "The Boston Strangler". Expand
  22. Apr 5, 2013
    Ted feels like just another MacFarlane cartoon. Except, it's not a cartoon, and that is really what's wrong with it. This movie clearly demonstrates just how unfamiliar MacFarlane is with making a real life movie. It'S one sketch cutting to the next. Over and over. until the movie ends. Faaaar to many 80s referencesconsidering the traget audience is more familiar with the 90s. BUT, that'sTed feels like just another MacFarlane cartoon. Except, it's not a cartoon, and that is really what's wrong with it. This movie clearly demonstrates just how unfamiliar MacFarlane is with making a real life movie. It'S one sketch cutting to the next. Over and over. until the movie ends. Faaaar to many 80s referencesconsidering the traget audience is more familiar with the 90s. BUT, that's where my criticism ends. Ted is extremely fun to watch and all of the characters just are so well presented and likable. Ted is basically just Peter Griffin as a teddy bear, just slightly smarter.

Overall:
    Ted is a fun movie to watch and it will have you laughing. While the direction is a bit rough around the edges, it is MacFarlane's first full live action movie so it can be forgiven for that.
  23. Aug 8, 2012
    'Ted' is not only about the guy and his friendship with the teddy bear. Additionally it's also a love story between the guy and the girl. Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis are a sweet couple, but their relationship is just fake and you notice that in every second they're together on the screen. The movie fails in every second it tries to be more than dumb comedy. BUT: 'Ted' is extremely funny!'Ted' is not only about the guy and his friendship with the teddy bear. Additionally it's also a love story between the guy and the girl. Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis are a sweet couple, but their relationship is just fake and you notice that in every second they're together on the screen. The movie fails in every second it tries to be more than dumb comedy. BUT: 'Ted' is extremely funny! I can't remember me laughing my ass off so hard like when seeing this movie! Ted, the narrator and some supporting actors are really funny, Wahlberg and Kunis are just disappointing. Expand
  24. Apr 12, 2013
    Seth McFarlane's first motion picture is everything you'd expect from Seth. It's humorously raunchy and has a great ensemble of actors like Mark Whalberg, Mila Kunis, and of course, Seth McFarlane. This movie was truly the biggest comedy of 2012. It also brings in some great cameos like the Flash Gordon scene. Boy was that funny. I wish I had more to say about this movie, but its what itSeth McFarlane's first motion picture is everything you'd expect from Seth. It's humorously raunchy and has a great ensemble of actors like Mark Whalberg, Mila Kunis, and of course, Seth McFarlane. This movie was truly the biggest comedy of 2012. It also brings in some great cameos like the Flash Gordon scene. Boy was that funny. I wish I had more to say about this movie, but its what it is. Overall, if you like his other shows like "Family Guy" and "American Dad", then you'll love this hilarious live-action comedy. Expand
  25. Dec 7, 2012
    Movie bad but entertaining ...
  26. Jan 4, 2013
    Ted is a nice blend between dark and blue humour that will both amuse and offend audiences and will constantly keep them entertained with plenty of cultural references and an entertaining story-arch. Fans of Seth MacFarlane's Family Guy will definitely enjoy this film, but for those who don't like Family Guy, they probably won't like it at all.
  27. Nov 10, 2014
    Ted is funny and very enjoyable. However, it focuses on and gags (even the jokes are somewhat derivative) more than its story and is very predictable.
  28. Aug 18, 2013
    I`t has it`s moments but nothing great. I could not help but hope the first few minutes would speed up. Like another person said it`s a comedy so ask your self if you found anything to laugh at, and I have to say i did, so it wasn`t bad.The movie may have A Teddy Bear but it is not for kids, you should know this right from the trailers.
  29. Jan 21, 2014
    A hilarious funny movie with unserious content that keeps me laughing! Ted is one of the movies of 2012 that you got to see, because it's so funny and entertaining. The negative part of this movie is that the story is a little misleading, because you really don't know whats going to happen next, but I guess that's just because the creator of Family Guy, Seth Macfarlane directed this movie.A hilarious funny movie with unserious content that keeps me laughing! Ted is one of the movies of 2012 that you got to see, because it's so funny and entertaining. The negative part of this movie is that the story is a little misleading, because you really don't know whats going to happen next, but I guess that's just because the creator of Family Guy, Seth Macfarlane directed this movie. Another bad thing is that the ending could have been more entertaining, because it was a little to "serious" ending, but also that the movie is way more funnier in the first half of the movie, which decreased in the second part.

I would give this movie a 8/10, if it had more unserious humor in the second half of the movie. But I really recommend this movie for everyone that loves Family Guy´s unserious humor!
    Ted gets a 7,5/10
  30. Jun 25, 2015
    Crude, Vulgar and ridiculous from start to finish, Ted is offensive, but frickin' hilarious! What else can we expect from Seth MacFarlane. And yes Ted, you do sound like Peter Griffen (get the jist)
  31. May 6, 2013
    So, was it worth my while investing 106 minutes of my life on this one? I have to say, on balance; not really. Yes there are some wonderfully comic moments and smart one-liners in there but I did find it drifted far too much from the sublime to the ridiculous. Also, one minute Ted is ‘Brian’ for Family Guy and the next he turns into ‘Peter Griffin’ from the same show (despite his denials).So, was it worth my while investing 106 minutes of my life on this one? I have to say, on balance; not really. Yes there are some wonderfully comic moments and smart one-liners in there but I did find it drifted far too much from the sublime to the ridiculous. Also, one minute Ted is ‘Brian’ for Family Guy and the next he turns into ‘Peter Griffin’ from the same show (despite his denials). I thought both Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis did a good job; both of their characters were quite believable. Ultimately though I did find it lacked the one thing it so desperately needed; heart. Still, I’m sure the many devotees of ‘Family Guy’ will love this one but for me, sadly, it’s a bit of a dud.

SteelMonster’s verdict: NOT RECOMMENDED (…unless you’re a really big fan of Family Guy, in which case why haven’t you seen it yet!)

My score: 5.3/10
  32. Jun 29, 2012
    I fi had to define this movie in two words, they would be hilariously awesome. Ted was just plain great, great story, great acting, hilarious jokes, and just an overally great feel to the film. Unlike many comedies nowadays this one actually gets you to care for the characters. Ted was just a great film. If you don't enjoy crude humour then you won't enjoy this at all. Every joke involvedI fi had to define this movie in two words, they would be hilariously awesome. Ted was just plain great, great story, great acting, hilarious jokes, and just an overally great feel to the film. Unlike many comedies nowadays this one actually gets you to care for the characters. Ted was just a great film. If you don't enjoy crude humour then you won't enjoy this at all. Every joke involved is crude, from rascist jokes, to smoking and drinking, to fat jokes, to every kind of crudeness you can think of, but what you have to realize though, is its a joke, nothing more, and frankly i found it absolutely hilarious, i was crying because i was laughing so hard. Ted gets a 10/10 for me, if you don't like crude then stay away, if you don't mind crude then you're sure to have a damn good time. Expand
  33. Sep 20, 2012
    Ted is considered as one of the best comedy of this year. Yet again, I am finding it a little bit difficult to connect with its American style humor though. For all it
  34. Oct 4, 2012
    TED is seriously funny, I LOL'd too much was watching it. But it doesn't mean TED is a great comedy movie. Somewhat its third act was boring and yes, I got problem with MacFarlane himself as TED. It's really good movie to celebrating 20th birthday with your friends.
  35. Dec 20, 2013
  36. BKM
    Jan 17, 2013
    MacFarlane is a genuinely talented and funny guy, but Ted too often feels like an episode of Family Guy stretched far too thin. There's plenty of pop cultural references, 80's nostalgia, crude humor and inside jokes but for the most party they don't feel particularly original or funny. You get the sense that there's a truly uproarious 30 minute short film trying to break free from thisMacFarlane is a genuinely talented and funny guy, but Ted too often feels like an episode of Family Guy stretched far too thin. There's plenty of pop cultural references, 80's nostalgia, crude humor and inside jokes but for the most party they don't feel particularly original or funny. You get the sense that there's a truly uproarious 30 minute short film trying to break free from this overstuffed story. Expand
  37. Dec 29, 2014
    Ted is one of the funniest movies I've seen in ages with some of Seth Mcfarlen's best writing. it does what princess diaries did well in making a live action cartoon similar to his family guy and american dad shows and it works in so many ways and it's great to see Mark Wahlberg in a decent movie given his track record in recent memory
  38. Jan 5, 2013
    I was quite disappointed with Ted to be truthful. I actually found that Ted became slightly annoying as the movie went on, which is a pretty major problem. The script is packed with Family Guy style lines for Ted, but I found them to be very hit and miss, even more so once Ted began to grate on me. That's not to say that Ted doesn't have some very funny moments and nice touches. ForI was quite disappointed with Ted to be truthful. I actually found that Ted became slightly annoying as the movie went on, which is a pretty major problem. The script is packed with Family Guy style lines for Ted, but I found them to be very hit and miss, even more so once Ted began to grate on me. That's not to say that Ted doesn't have some very funny moments and nice touches. For instance, it begins with nods to magical Christmas films as Patrick Stewart narrates John's Christmas wish as the camera pans over the neighbourhood at night to witness a shooting star. I also liked the way that Macfarlane made the magic of Ted visible to all and that Ted had become an overnight celebrity before his novelty and popularity wore off. It's a refreshing but necessary take on the traditional children's magic tale. Overall, it's a shame I didn't enjoy the film more as Mark Wahlberg plays the role of the lazy, childish grown-up well and also shows a good handle for the comedy aspect. Expand
  39. Dec 13, 2013
    Perfect to have a good time. A light movie with an interesting idea that will make to laugh at times. It gets better as the movie progresses, which is always good. There are some vulgar moments though. But it also has a heart. It´s a pretty good balance. Watching Ryan Reynolds kissing a man is always an incentive too
  40. Aug 1, 2013
    American comedies are going to very wrong destination! This movie is probably the worst i've ever seen! Dumb,vulgar,annoying,stupid and boring! I don't want to comment it,because just thinkng about "TED" makes me sick and angry! 0/10 is the highest score this movie deserves without no doubt!
  41. Nov 13, 2012
    Honestly, I was hoping that Seth's directional debut would be so wonderful that it would gather a lot of praise and appreciation but things didn't work out the way they should have. Ted is not a terrible movie but it isn't a great one either. Some jokes are new, some jokes are funny, some are old as crap and they don't even make you laugh. Seth MacFarlane has put an effort in this film butHonestly, I was hoping that Seth's directional debut would be so wonderful that it would gather a lot of praise and appreciation but things didn't work out the way they should have. Ted is not a terrible movie but it isn't a great one either. Some jokes are new, some jokes are funny, some are old as crap and they don't even make you laugh. Seth MacFarlane has put an effort in this film but the outcome isn't ideal. Not the worst directional debut because you can still enjoy this film if you are familiar with Ted's work such as Family Guy. A few of the scenes are really good and those are the things that keep this film from falling apart. Ryan Reynolds' cameo is pretty amazing as well as Joel McHale's acting, it's funny. The fight between Ted and Bennet (Mark Wahlberg) is one of the funniest things about this film. The narration by Patrick Stewart is a clever thing to do when you have even a slightest bit of idea that your movie might not do good. Overall, Ted is a good movie with still enjoyable jokes and little emotions. Expand
  42. Aug 24, 2012
    It was a funny film in places and a little bit serious in others. Very similar to Family Guy in style but not in quality. The TV show is leagues ahead of this film. Could have been better but could have been a lot worse. Worth a viewing, especially if you are up to date with some 80s knowledge.
  43. Sep 7, 2012
    Seth MacFarlane was finally allowed to go balls-out and take his vulgar, insulting, dry humor to an R-rated movie. And clearly he enjoyed it. Showing the blurry line between TV and movies these days, Ted is only slightly worse than his show, "Family Guy," tastefully speaking. "Ted" is very funny with co-star Mark Wahlberg perfectly cast as a dim-witted Bostonian trying to grow up withoutSeth MacFarlane was finally allowed to go balls-out and take his vulgar, insulting, dry humor to an R-rated movie. And clearly he enjoyed it. Showing the blurry line between TV and movies these days, Ted is only slightly worse than his show, "Family Guy," tastefully speaking. "Ted" is very funny with co-star Mark Wahlberg perfectly cast as a dim-witted Bostonian trying to grow up without needing his lifelong companion, "Ted.". The premise is genius, wrapping such vulgarity around a childish fantasy, but where "Ted" goes wrong for me is that it seemed entirely too much like everything else Seth has done. Seth is obviously one of the funniest comedy writers out there, but what Seth needs to do is take some lessons from Trey Parker and Matt Stone. While Seth might be bold in his content, the delivery is always in a one-liner mode. The South Park guys deliver their vulgarity is better stories, dialogue and with an honesty that they really aren't interested in sugar-coating the insult. Seth's writing always comes across as intentionally shocking with a back-handed , "what? What did say?" attitude afterward. "Ted" was cute, very funny, but in a cowardly way. However, I can say that I'll never look at parsnips in the same way again. Expand
  44. Nov 9, 2012
    It's not remarkably original, but it has enough laughs to progress the story. The best parts of the film are all the film references and the elaborate fight scene.
  45. Jul 29, 2012
    After going to so many movies where it seemed that graphic violence had substituted for plot and character development, it was a great change to go to a movie where rapid fire one liners substituted for everything. I needed this silly movie to pick up my mood. Yes the vehicles worn out but the jokes land more that they miss. A night of rowdy comedy with hookers,bongs, getting stoned and aAfter going to so many movies where it seemed that graphic violence had substituted for plot and character development, it was a great change to go to a movie where rapid fire one liners substituted for everything. I needed this silly movie to pick up my mood. Yes the vehicles worn out but the jokes land more that they miss. A night of rowdy comedy with hookers,bongs, getting stoned and a talking perverted bear were just what I needed. A pleasant surprise. Expand
  46. Jan 10, 2013
    What a disappointment!!! from time to time, I do like watching "The family guy" I find the humor funny. But this movie, seemed like it was a clone of the family guy, made with real actors, but heres the thing, it wasnt funny! I might of laughed a few times, but overall the movie draged on and on!
  47. Jul 29, 2013
    es gracioso, divertido y con una idea aprovechada con el tipico humor de seth macfarlane juntando su buen humor para una buena pelicula, tierna y llena de diversion
  48. Jul 9, 2015
    Short review for Ted 2 release. Ted is a hysterically funny comedy that consistently delivers an abundance of side splitting jokes non stop, with scenes of comedy that last minutes on end before settling down for the next jokey segment; in particular the party scene with Flash Gordon. Pure comedy gold and somehow the chemistry between Marky Mark and a CGI teddy bear seems more convincingShort review for Ted 2 release. Ted is a hysterically funny comedy that consistently delivers an abundance of side splitting jokes non stop, with scenes of comedy that last minutes on end before settling down for the next jokey segment; in particular the party scene with Flash Gordon. Pure comedy gold and somehow the chemistry between Marky Mark and a CGI teddy bear seems more convincing and genuine than most real actors on screen. I would give this film an 8.5/10 really but i'm going to have to go up to a 9/10 just because this film has a special place in my (immature) heart Expand
  49. Jul 8, 2012
    The movie is pretty good. It has the humor of later "Family Guy" episodes mainly filled with one-liners and using drugs and sex to make jokes (which honestly isn't that funny). I think examples of fantastic comedy's are "Anchorman", "The Other Guys", and TV shows like "Seinfeld" and "The Office". Those comedy's all use humorous situations and other comedic tools rather than simpleThe movie is pretty good. It has the humor of later "Family Guy" episodes mainly filled with one-liners and using drugs and sex to make jokes (which honestly isn't that funny). I think examples of fantastic comedy's are "Anchorman", "The Other Guys", and TV shows like "Seinfeld" and "The Office". Those comedy's all use humorous situations and other comedic tools rather than simple one-liners like Ted. However, the movie is still worth seeing because the story is interesting and I did laugh several times, even though only briefly. I do think they focused a little too much on the love-story aspect with Kunis (who wasn't funny) which ended up taking away from the comedic aspect. Expand
  50. Apr 5, 2013
    i love Mark Wahlberg movies. all of them -well not all of them Max Payne was terrible. but any way i think that Ted is a good movie but the real question is is it a great comedy movie well No i think that the jokes should be better and much more since we have this great character Ted in the movie and i don't know why but i actually felt half-empty after finishing this movie as ai love Mark Wahlberg movies. all of them -well not all of them Max Payne was terrible. but any way i think that Ted is a good movie but the real question is is it a great comedy movie well No i think that the jokes should be better and much more since we have this great character Ted in the movie and i don't know why but i actually felt half-empty after finishing this movie as a comedy movie fan i thought this movie gonna fill me up. but unfortunately it didn't but that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy it but i think it would be a lot lot better if more jokes and more effort were putting into it. Expand
  51. Jan 11, 2013
    Ted seemed to be a good movie, although the idea is very interesting and original, because nobody could possibly think in another use for a teddy bear than a toy for a little child. The director, Seth MacFarlane, obviously used his experience for creating this story in which a kid with no friends grows up with ted, entering both to a world of parties, sex and drugs. The problem is that theTed seemed to be a good movie, although the idea is very interesting and original, because nobody could possibly think in another use for a teddy bear than a toy for a little child. The director, Seth MacFarlane, obviously used his experience for creating this story in which a kid with no friends grows up with ted, entering both to a world of parties, sex and drugs. The problem is that the protagonist is now an adult with a girlfriend (asking for marriage) and a job, but he still has ted, with the exception that now it is promiscuous and a very bad influence. The film consists in funny situations about this couple and how it breaks with the adult world. The problem with this picture is that the jokes and situations are very weakly constructed and with the simplicity of a child. At no time this movie made me laugh, even more, I got bored. The story is poor and predictable, the performances are disgusting and the direction is awful, however how you cannot expect a complex humor from the guy who created Family Guy. Is shallow, is repetitive, is Ted-ious. Expand
  52. Aug 30, 2013
    Not a good movie at all!!! I didn't like it!!! It's rubbish, it's not funny, it's not dramatic, it's not horror......it's absolutely nothing!!! Oh, I forgot....it's horr....ible!!!!
  53. Jul 14, 2012
    I am not a big fan of Family Guy and raunchiness isn't my preferred form of comedy, but it was a very funny film. The pacing is inconsistent and the story line isn't necessarily original, but I forget most of its flaws because of its funny script and genuine likableness.
  54. Jul 10, 2015
    Another comedy which is in my favourites. This film is **** hilarious. This film was full of dark humour and hilarious scenes. Hands down the best comedy I've seen in ages. And here's the thing, comedies usually fail with serious aspects to their movies or try to turn it into something stupid which usually plays off well, but i have to praise this movie with another unit (originally goingAnother comedy which is in my favourites. This film is **** hilarious. This film was full of dark humour and hilarious scenes. Hands down the best comedy I've seen in ages. And here's the thing, comedies usually fail with serious aspects to their movies or try to turn it into something stupid which usually plays off well, but i have to praise this movie with another unit (originally going to give it 8) because it keeps the serious side at just the right length and doesn't strain on it too much meaning that the audience doesn't feel conflicted in what the movie is trying to be. This is what the other guys did correctly as well. I just hope the sequel isn't disappointing! Expand
  55. Dec 1, 2012
    At first I was psyched about "Ted" because wow, Seth McFarlane gets to unleash and it's just gotta be great right ?! Not so much. People, this is a RomCom, yep, romantic comedy. And it's totally derivative, you've seen it all before. And a collateral effect is that it comes across as some weird offshoot of "Family Guy" because Seth's Ted character sounds like "Peter" and he does a "Stewie"At first I was psyched about "Ted" because wow, Seth McFarlane gets to unleash and it's just gotta be great right ?! Not so much. People, this is a RomCom, yep, romantic comedy. And it's totally derivative, you've seen it all before. And a collateral effect is that it comes across as some weird offshoot of "Family Guy" because Seth's Ted character sounds like "Peter" and he does a "Stewie" too, and Mila Kunis is the voice of "Meg" so it's just weird. But look, as much as anybody I wanted to like/love this venture, but it's juvenile, disappointing, and done so many times before. Expand
  56. Jun 30, 2012
    While Ted, the self-titled protagonist, may look like the adorably soft and cuddly, ursine-childhood-friend, such conventions are bound to be tested by "Family Guy" creator and first time director Seth MacFarlane, whose multifaceted voice work merely drives his twisted, at times abominably offensive material. Don't ask how the controversially animated show has run for some 13 years, but itWhile Ted, the self-titled protagonist, may look like the adorably soft and cuddly, ursine-childhood-friend, such conventions are bound to be tested by "Family Guy" creator and first time director Seth MacFarlane, whose multifaceted voice work merely drives his twisted, at times abominably offensive material. Don't ask how the controversially animated show has run for some 13 years, but it might have to do with saying what others dare not; rest assured, audiences can expect the same bold-faced audacity in his directorial debut, an intriguing blend of live action and CG technology, "Ted." This "romance versus bromance" amalgam, is centrally premised around the wish one lonely boy makes one Christmas evening in hopes of transmuting his furry teddy bear into real-life companion; sound familiar? Pinocchio, perhaps? So, as anticipated, the following morning sees once-friendless John Bennett, granted with the wish of his dreams, and the start of what will become a life of Peter-Pan syndrome; only we're talking about something more potent than pixie dust. Hence, the first scene of real-time, where now-35-year-old John (Wahlberg) is shown taking a bong hit with his peer-pressurer teddy bear, now wearing a hirsute coat laden with subtle stains and tears, and complaining to John about how he needs to talk to his "weed-guy" about the activeness of his current supply of grass. It's all so funny at first, seeing a stoner in the guise of what has long been considered the staple of puerile comfort and security. But, MacFarlane lives to obliterate long-standing conceptions, especially mores. Aside from some one-liners that don't quite stick, seemingly procrastinate editing (some scenes feel as if they were indecisively cut), and a slightly unbalanced script, the high-concept comedy is fitting, serving its purpose--riotous Friday night laugh-out-louds--and satisfying audiences. Only, after a while, and some brain-dead lapses in logic (how can a soft, fuzzy teddy bear, stuffed with weightless filler, subdue a grown man, Wahlberg, punching, bashing, and spanking him, while being unable later, to defend himself against an obese pre-adolescent boy?) Ted,no longer possesses the same shocking affectation he laid onto audiences in the film's first hour. It is as if Ted is no longer a teddy bear, thanks to MacFarlane's resonant voice work, and the plot's direction follows too much the formula paved from movies like "Knocked Up," that star a man wanting to remain a nonconstructive element in society, resorting back, time and time again to smoking pot, besotting oneself, and acting like a buffoon amidst life-changing circumstances. Moreover, until the audience sees Ted do something they haven't seen before--the opening bong-couch-scene had already set the bar so high--it might as well be Seth Rogen himself on that couch; the same mystical feeling of watching a fluffy childhood toy become high and talking with a potty-mouth only lasts so long. So, when John's commitment-seeking girlfriend, Lori, (Mila Kunis) is irritated by Ted's incessant urging of his "Thunder-Buddy" John to join him in his life of profanity, she confronts John, presenting him, indirectly, with the ultimatum of "bear or girl." This too, see "I Love You, Man," feels borrowed, and sets up John's "just give me one last chance, Lori" where he, following the design, will find a way to break his promise, and where Lori's egotistically sleazy, and forward boss (Joel McHale) chimes in. And, after the relationship with Lori is halted, Ted is surely going to wind up in trouble, too, right? You guessed it, enter Giovanni Ribisi. But, in a macro sense, "Ted," is undoubtedly hilarious in parts, and with the combination of MacFarlane's expressiveness of voice and the CG-animated, Ted is a character one can only root for, regardless of how ribald he really is. The soundtrack is charmingly, as well as deliberately cliché, but it successfully bolsters MacFarlane's self-mockery and recurring hilarity with the far-from-kiddy-Ted. Moreover, Wahlberg (feeling comfortable in his Boston hood) and Kunis (underused as usual) do a fair job at delineating the on-the-edge couple (albeit the real feat is in acting with a voided-CG-animated Ted). And, Patrick Warburton's (Guy) impassive, basso-profundo-gruff-sounding-self is aptly humorous. As for the peculiar love triangle between Ted, John, and their hero Sam Jones, the vaguely remembered 'Gordon' star won't pacify most of its intended audience, and feels patched together. Likewise, the film's third act, which clumsily throws in some peril to regain some faltering sympathies, looks and feels forced. Ultimately, "Ted" is unduly and deliberately offensive, stuffed with taboo and sacrilege, a tinge of sentimental relish, clumps of aimless fluff, loose strings, and an irrelevance sewn with a real, bearing heart. Expand
  57. Apr 11, 2015
    Ok, I'll admit it has some funny pranks. Also, it's pretty cool the use of the bad words. But besides that, the movie has a little lame acting, some poor jokes, overreacting to many things, and it's very cliched in many aspects. I liked it, and I would recommend it if you just want to have a fun time.
    Real score: 5.7
  58. Jan 27, 2013
    Now before you read this I would like you to know I am not a fan of family guy.

Now before you read this I would like you to know I am not a fan of family guy.

This movie was funny. I'll admit it. it made me laugh out loud many times as a comedic movie should. However, though its comedic value was more than satisfactory the grandeur of the plot through the kidnapping. It was expected and unjust for the movie. It did not flow through well and brought the movie down to a 5 for me in the end. I think people should watch this movie but don't watch the last 30 minutes.
  59. Apr 16, 2013
    Ted is a great movie. It's a film that anyone of any age can enjoy because it has a good story which is easy to follow, well directed and funny. The right actors were chosen, the length is perfect and it's never boring throughout. OK so maybe the film isn't as laugh out loud or ROFL funny as it could've been, and the story is somewhat similar to Garfield, but on the whole Ted is a solidTed is a great movie. It's a film that anyone of any age can enjoy because it has a good story which is easy to follow, well directed and funny. The right actors were chosen, the length is perfect and it's never boring throughout. OK so maybe the film isn't as laugh out loud or ROFL funny as it could've been, and the story is somewhat similar to Garfield, but on the whole Ted is a solid film which is suitable for everyone. Expand
  60. Jun 26, 2015
    Ted is a pretty funny movie though it is not as hilarious as people say it is. It is pretty weird how a teddy bear could talk but is also really funny when he starts cussing. The movie had me laugh all the way and the ending got a lot more serious
  61. Dec 20, 2012
    Grade: C+

This isn't a serious movie. It's not supposed to be held to HIGH EXPECTATIONS! It's cynical, and downright vulgar. For one reason or another, I enjoyed it. i should be ashamed, but I'm not. Who cares?
  62. Jul 30, 2012
    Just a very funny original movie that will leave you howling. Loved it. Ted just told me that this review must be 150 words or longer. I hope I get an A? Are we back in Junior High School? C'mon the movie was a scream. Just go and enjoy it.
  63. Jan 24, 2013
    From the creator of Family Guy we could expect a demented movie, and so it was! Ted is in some phases fun, but for others it is insane. A plot too poor to earn $ 500 million.
  64. May 25, 2013
    There's no plot to the movie, let me just clarify that first. Forget the romance-vs.-bromance story since this is merely a film with a series of vignettes presenting the lives of some dude and his foul-mouthed, pot smoking teddy bear. You've probably read this description and immediately thought that this is probably a pile 0f (expletive). But the thing is its not; it may not have a plot,There's no plot to the movie, let me just clarify that first. Forget the romance-vs.-bromance story since this is merely a film with a series of vignettes presenting the lives of some dude and his foul-mouthed, pot smoking teddy bear. You've probably read this description and immediately thought that this is probably a pile 0f (expletive). But the thing is its not; it may not have a plot, there may be too many pop-culture references and the humour may be too vulgar for some but there's no denying that this is a great comedy, the best comedy since 2009s The Hangover and if you like that film then you'll probably like this too. Expand
  65. Jul 6, 2012
    Ted is not a kids movie, yet I saw tons of kids at the last evening performance. Bad parenting exists. Ted is very crude at times and consistently goes for race humor. But I still thought the movie was funny. Some people will be turned off by some of the more extreme comic moments and that's ok. This movie is not for everybody, especially not kids.
  66. Aug 1, 2012
    Seth MacFarlane's big screen debut comes in the form of Ted. As a fan of his work I was definetly looking forward to this. And largely, it's hilarious! Ted is definetly the comedy of the summer, infact very possibly of the year. The film itself begins with a young John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg), a lonely child who upon receiving a teddy bear for his Christmas wishes he could talk. The nextSeth MacFarlane's big screen debut comes in the form of Ted. As a fan of his work I was definetly looking forward to this. And largely, it's hilarious! Ted is definetly the comedy of the summer, infact very possibly of the year. The film itself begins with a young John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg), a lonely child who upon receiving a teddy bear for his Christmas wishes he could talk. The next morning, John's wish comes true and Ted (Seth MacFarlane) can indeed talk and briefly becomes a celebrity. The film picks up in the modern day where John and Ted are living in Boston. Both, however are still childish, immature and spend most of the time smoking pot! John is also in a four-year relationship with the stunning Lori (Mila Kunis). During their anniversary Lori reveals that she wants more from their relationship but feels they can't move on with Ted around. This tests John's friendship to maximum as he tries to maintain his relationship with Lori and keep his bromance intact with Ted. It results in a fantastically funny comedy. It may seem juvenile but believe me Ted has a lot on offer! Wahlberg and MacFarlane nail the chemistry between their characters as they bounce of each other wonderfully well. Mila Kunis isn't just the eye candy as she fits in perfectly to MacFarlane's witty world of comedy once again. Ted is often hilarious and at times very rated-R, however not all the time, it's largely hit but does have a few misses along the way. What makes the film even more appealing is that at the heart of it is a tale of friendship, love and loyalty. Definetly the must see comedy of the summer and one that is throughly enjoyable throughout! MacFarlane's debut is hilariously impressive , if slightly drawn out but it all pays off in the end. So much so you may find yourself singing a certain Thunder Song the next time a bit of thunder is on the horizon. Dynamite! Expand
  67. Jan 5, 2013
    Ted is an experiment to find out how long people will find a rude teddy bear funny; the answer is roughly 40 minutes. The film is essentially a one-trick pony with added romance sub plot for extra redundancy. It does have some very funny moments though, and is clearly aimed at a certain demographic and is sort of Family Guy lite. The Flash Gordon stuff and the duck ("James Franco") had meTed is an experiment to find out how long people will find a rude teddy bear funny; the answer is roughly 40 minutes. The film is essentially a one-trick pony with added romance sub plot for extra redundancy. It does have some very funny moments though, and is clearly aimed at a certain demographic and is sort of Family Guy lite. The Flash Gordon stuff and the duck ("James Franco") had me in stitches. Expand
  68. Aug 10, 2012
    Downright hilarious and offensive, with surprising heart, we've come to suspect nothing less from Seth McFarlane. However, the film is heavy on exposition and low on plot, leading to an unnecessary dragging feeling in spots.
  69. Jul 18, 2012
    I was generally looking forward to Ted. I'm not the biggest Family Guy fan in the world, but I do like MacFarlane's humor and Wahlberg was funny in The Other Guys. While Ted has its moments of pure comic genius, as well as a decent amount of chuckles, it is nothing special. There were several points of the film that dragged, or the filmmakers felt the need to insert a fart joke. But slowI was generally looking forward to Ted. I'm not the biggest Family Guy fan in the world, but I do like MacFarlane's humor and Wahlberg was funny in The Other Guys. While Ted has its moments of pure comic genius, as well as a decent amount of chuckles, it is nothing special. There were several points of the film that dragged, or the filmmakers felt the need to insert a fart joke. But slow parts and lack of more than three laugh out loud moments, the film was funny and had a heart, too. Not that bad from a foul mouthed teddy bear. Expand
  70. Jan 7, 2013
    knowing the guys that made this movie, i was expecting it to not take itself seriously. i was expecting it to give a roller coaster of constant jokes and here and there fragments of brilliance, monty python style. instead, i thought that the plot got too much in the way. the jokes that are in the movie are very funny, as i'd expected.
  71. Jun 29, 2012
    Very funny at many points, but was a little bit dull at others. This movie was still an amazing first by Seth MacFarlane. It had an originally unexpended, but soon predictable ending. This movie was still great and a must see.
  72. Aug 14, 2012
    I know I'm behind the times but just back from seeing Ted. Have to say I really enjoyed it even though Seth Macfarlane isn't normally my kind of thing. I like Family Guy but wouldn't say I love it. However even though Ted has the same crass humour it has real heart as well. Some real wet yourself moments and great cameos especially Ryan Reynolds. If you want a light hearted night at theI know I'm behind the times but just back from seeing Ted. Have to say I really enjoyed it even though Seth Macfarlane isn't normally my kind of thing. I like Family Guy but wouldn't say I love it. However even though Ted has the same crass humour it has real heart as well. Some real wet yourself moments and great cameos especially Ryan Reynolds. If you want a light hearted night at the cinema well worth a watch. Expand
  73. May 4, 2014
    Seth McFarlane is one of the funniest men on earth. Everything he does especially Family Guy and this movie is freaking hilerious. Anybody who loves inappropriate jokes, Seth is your guy
  74. May 20, 2013
    Not as funny as I expected it to be but it is an entertaining movie.
  75. Nov 3, 2014
    Tenía mis dudas sobre esta peli pero fue bastante divertida. Tiene escenas un poco raras que habrá quien no las entienda, pero te ríes, al menos yo me reí. Transmite buen rollo.
  76. Mar 4, 2014
    Basically an extended Family Guy episode under the guise of a rather mediocre and unoriginal plot, but it still works. Chemistry between Wahlberg and Ted and humour are pretty great, and even with the annoying characters, overly long sequences and romcom cliches, it still turns out to be an overall worthwhile feel-good film.
  77. Dec 13, 2014
    Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Ted is a comedy film written and directed by Seth MacFarlane, starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted's voice). I was so pumped for this movie and I had very high expectations. Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as I thought. Ted squanders its potential with an uneven, weirdly written script. The simple fact of being a movie about a talking bear is interesting, but this bear is a douchebag and I don't like his voice; MacFarlane's voice is so annoying, his voice just doesn't match with the likable appearance of the bear. As we go, the black humor was tedious, although I'm pretty sure that a huge part of the audience will enjoy the tone of the movie. To me... it's just a too vulgar film.

On the upside, the opening scene is fantastic, very enjoyable and quite touching. I also liked a scene near the last act where Ted and Mark Wahlberg's character are fighting each other, it was hilarious. There's another funny scene where Mila Kunis' character has to lift a piece of crap, and I found it wickedly funny! The special effects are great, the bear looks realistic and its design is so well done. I laughed and had fun with Ted, but I can't say that is a good film! Ted is just a well-acted romantic comedy that has its moments, some of them astonishingly funny. I also liked most of the characters, the cinematography and the camera work. Also, the musical score is jazzy and quite pleasant.

I really wanted to love Ted, but its story is kinda uninteresting and some of the jokes are horrendously offensive. It had potential for being a great PG rated film, but come on... it's directed by Seth MacFarlane, so there will be a lot of profanity and blasphemy in it. It works as a romantic comedy, but it is a very vulgar one to me. The script is filled with boring pop culture references and racist gags. I just can't take this movie seriously. Also, the ending is very silly and predictable. It is a comedy for a very specific audience, I'm sure that fans of MacFarlane's previous work will be satisfied with this one. Anyway, I still give it credit because at least there's chemistry between the characters and it made me laugh at times. [C]
  78. Oct 12, 2012
    When I see the name of this movie I think this film will be awful, but when i see it's so funny and amazing, the actors are fantastic, i realy enjoy watch this movie
  79. Jul 7, 2012
    One of the best movies ever. Not just a simple comedy. Has a serious emotional side, horror, suspense, thriller, action. It's a very thoughtful comedy which is rare these days. Has nonstop jokes. A masterpiece.
  80. Jun 26, 2015
    If you are a fan of Family Guy and Seth Macfarlane in general, you will have so much fun with this film. It is an absolute treat. and one of the greatest comedy movies ever
  81. Jul 8, 2012
    I've been a fan of the Family Guy for a while now. Not like I rush to the TV to watch every episode. But when I do catch it usually makes me laugh. The same effect applies to Seth MacFarlane's first directorial effort. The laughs are there...when you get to them. On occasion but not on a consistent basis.
    The film was entertaining and I did have a few good laughs. Unfortunately most of them were already in the trailer, so there wasn't much surprise. The plot seemed to drag a bit and it was beyond predictable. When the movie was over, half the theater stretched their arms and stood up with pause. So, obviously, I wasn't the only one that felt the pace left something to be desired.
    The digital teddy bear was incredibly well executed, and all the actors performed their parts perfectly. But since we are in the year 2012 and we have all seen our fare share of believable digital characters, a movie needs more than a stuffed animal as a gimmick.
    My advice, if you got nothing better to do, are close to a movie theater, and you are not looking to fall off your chair laughing, then go see this one. It'll suffice. But if you wanna cry your heart out, there are far better choices in any online film library. Either way, this movie won't disappoint you.
  82. Jul 15, 2012
    This was a very disappointing movie. After seeing all of those people saying it was one of the funniest movies in a long time, I had high expectations for this movie. Being a fan of both Family Guy and American Dad, I felt very confident that this would be a good movie. Boy how wrong I was. I don't know why I didn't expect anything except a long episode of Family Guy but that's all thisThis was a very disappointing movie. After seeing all of those people saying it was one of the funniest movies in a long time, I had high expectations for this movie. Being a fan of both Family Guy and American Dad, I felt very confident that this would be a good movie. Boy how wrong I was. I don't know why I didn't expect anything except a long episode of Family Guy but that's all this movie was in the end. The same jokes, the same cut-away style of jokes, the same everything. That would be fine if the movie was entertaining and it just wasn't. The story was terrible. The actor's were not very good and they were obviously mailing it in half the time. There were some decent moments here and there but this movie was very unoriginal and just boring most of the time. I'll stick with MacFarlane's T.V. shows from now on if this is going to be the quality of his movies. Expand
  83. Oct 4, 2014
    TED pode até ser engraçado, criativo e emocionante em alguns momentos, mas o seu conceito em geral não surpreende, chegando a ser repulsivo em alguns momentos.
  84. Nov 10, 2012
    Fairy tale for adults. And a great, Family-Guy-ish story of friendship. Seth McFarlane in good form, although not so witty as always. Very watchable movie.
  85. Aug 2, 2012
    Great film very funny loved all the cameo's some risky gags well gag topics but all the same very entertaining I will be buying this one you can watch it over and over again and it will still be very funny a must see.
  86. Sep 30, 2012
    "Ted" is funny as hell, original, it has great dialogues, and it is surprisingly dramatic in some scenes. Never before in a film,a character made by a computer seemed so real and human as ted, at the end of the movie he is just like a person, he is a three-dimensional character. Mark Wahlberg and the entire cast is great, the family guyisch humor is so funny and the ending is fantastic."Ted" is funny as hell, original, it has great dialogues, and it is surprisingly dramatic in some scenes. Never before in a film,a character made by a computer seemed so real and human as ted, at the end of the movie he is just like a person, he is a three-dimensional character. Mark Wahlberg and the entire cast is great, the family guyisch humor is so funny and the ending is fantastic. Ted is awesome! Expand
  87. Jul 3, 2012
    Ted, on it's surface is an episode of family guy stretched out onto the big screen to fill a run time. The film draws from a simple plot we have seen before. A man (Wahlberg) who needs to grow up and settle down with a woman (Kunis). The Raunchy jokes and unnecessary references to diseases and disorders will indeed rub some viewers raw. On the other hand the film delivers hilarious laughsTed, on it's surface is an episode of family guy stretched out onto the big screen to fill a run time. The film draws from a simple plot we have seen before. A man (Wahlberg) who needs to grow up and settle down with a woman (Kunis). The Raunchy jokes and unnecessary references to diseases and disorders will indeed rub some viewers raw. On the other hand the film delivers hilarious laughs with the back and forth relationship of Ted and John. Kunis delivers a nice performance reminiscent of her work on That 70's show dealing with Kelso. Ted (Mcfarlane) is the star of this film with his rampant pot smoking and crude behavior. A solid directorial debut for Mcfarlane with even laughs and entertainment to be seen a second time. Expand
  88. Sep 12, 2012
    I'm a fan in general of the Family Guy series so I had high hopes for this, but it just never seemed to engage me. The jokes arent funny enough and the plot about the obsessed fan isnt really needed and really drags the last third of the family. There are some high spots, including an excellent fight scene and a pretty funny cameo but I found myself bored and not really enjoying the filmI'm a fan in general of the Family Guy series so I had high hopes for this, but it just never seemed to engage me. The jokes arent funny enough and the plot about the obsessed fan isnt really needed and really drags the last third of the family. There are some high spots, including an excellent fight scene and a pretty funny cameo but I found myself bored and not really enjoying the film at the halfway point. Its not crude enough to be a great shock comedy and its too risque to be an enjoyable coming of age comedy and as such falls somewhere uncomfortable between. Expand
  89. Aug 7, 2012
    This film was absolutely hilarious, as an avid family guy fan, it was my exact type of humor, and it was more or less non-stop laughs. It focuses more towards a... lets say 'happy' audience. An audience that knows what the word 'funny' means, and can take a joke, no matter how offensive. So many critics these days are miserable and are out to ruin ratings for such amazing films becauseThis film was absolutely hilarious, as an avid family guy fan, it was my exact type of humor, and it was more or less non-stop laughs. It focuses more towards a... lets say 'happy' audience. An audience that knows what the word 'funny' means, and can take a joke, no matter how offensive. So many critics these days are miserable and are out to ruin ratings for such amazing films because their own lives are so dull, they want sparks of life like these films to flicker out. Expand
  90. Oct 12, 2012
    Pretty funny... But it did'nt involve me completely. Some jokes are pretty damn good, but then: making fun of Adam Sandler, but include jokes about farts and doo-doo in the same scenes?! Come on...
  91. Jul 7, 2012
    Ted, is vulgar, dirty, funny, smart and mostly entertaining. How is this not a masterpiece in comedy land. well, towards the end of the film, Ted becomes a little to dull with the jokes, with the extremely loud laughs become chuckles. The 3rd act is a little weak, with the first two acts being wildly entertaining. Overall, Ted has some very laugh-out loud moments that will make you want toTed, is vulgar, dirty, funny, smart and mostly entertaining. How is this not a masterpiece in comedy land. well, towards the end of the film, Ted becomes a little to dull with the jokes, with the extremely loud laughs become chuckles. The 3rd act is a little weak, with the first two acts being wildly entertaining. Overall, Ted has some very laugh-out loud moments that will make you want to cry, and instantly becomes one of the funnier films of 2012. My girlfriend and I had a blast seeing this film, and absolutely enjoyed the film. Ted, is one outrageous comedy. Expand
  92. Rem
    Jun 1, 2014
    I have always enjoyed Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor and in Ted, it's simply oozing Family Guy. While many find the sophomore humor and swearing in Ted rude and childish, I think it's laugh out loud funny. I admit it. However that doesn't help that the final third of the movie falls short as it tries to be more of a serious romance bluff rather than continuing its gold streak of laughsI have always enjoyed Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor and in Ted, it's simply oozing Family Guy. While many find the sophomore humor and swearing in Ted rude and childish, I think it's laugh out loud funny. I admit it. However that doesn't help that the final third of the movie falls short as it tries to be more of a serious romance bluff rather than continuing its gold streak of laughs it started at the beginning of the movie, for that I can say surely. Expand
  93. Jun 30, 2012
    This movie was great for moving comedy films into a new generation like 21 Jump Street. These movies seemingly haven't held back to appeal to reviewers. They care less about the reviewer and more about entertaining average joe, particularily in the younger generations. Ted was bold in many instances, particularly the part when Ted said Johns singing was "Still better than Katy Perry." IThis movie was great for moving comedy films into a new generation like 21 Jump Street. These movies seemingly haven't held back to appeal to reviewers. They care less about the reviewer and more about entertaining average joe, particularily in the younger generations. Ted was bold in many instances, particularly the part when Ted said Johns singing was "Still better than Katy Perry." I found this awesome because her movie debuted the same day, and I hope and believe Ted does leagues better. THIS FILM IS A MATURE FILM. TAKE YOUR KIDS AT YOUR OWN RISK CANADIANS. Americans have a more strict rating system. :P Expand
  94. Jan 2, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of family guy and when I saw the trailer for Seth MacFarlane's first film Ted, I immediately had high hopes for it, and I was not disappointed. Ted is the story of John who as a child wished for his teddy bear to come to life and thanks to miracle, his wish came true. It's ironic how that could have been the set up to very sweet and charming film about a boy and his teddyI'm a huge fan of family guy and when I saw the trailer for Seth MacFarlane's first film Ted, I immediately had high hopes for it, and I was not disappointed. Ted is the story of John who as a child wished for his teddy bear to come to life and thanks to miracle, his wish came true. It's ironic how that could have been the set up to very sweet and charming film about a boy and his teddy bear but instead we have Ted, an incredibly funny and incredibly daring film. Obviously, the star of this film is the bear himself: Ted, voiced by Seth MacFarlane, his voice work combined with the brilliant writing is where most of the jokes come from in this film. It's a hilarious screenplay full of celebrity cameos, pop culture references and very daring jokes that make this film definitely not for everyone. It's the style of humour we see in Family Guy brought to the big screen and it's done very well, Seth MacFarlane shows that he is a great director here and I look forward to seeing what he does next. There is strong story to Ted, mainly down to it's characters. Mark Wahlberg does a great job at playing John and him and Ted have a great bromance going on, throw in Mila Kunis as Lori and you've got a trio that are great fun to watch. Despite it seeming a little out of character for John to be holding down a serious long term relationship with a girl like Lori, the two work really well together. The supporting cast are good and have their funny moments, they're not particularly memorable compared to the main characters. My main problem with Ted is that I feel like there could easily have been more of it, what is in the film is great but there are multiple aspects that seem like they're going somewhere but turn out to be nothing, and some potentially funny situations happen off screen, missing out on what could have been a funny scene. Overall, Ted is just what I thought it would be, a daring yet hilarious comedy that knows exactly what it wants to be, it has a few flaws but nothing that didn't stop me enjoying it. Ted is an excellent comedy and if you're a fan of Seth MacFarlane's cartoons then you'll love Ted. Expand
  95. Jan 1, 2014
    If you despise tons and tons of swear words and just pretend a good story, look away because this is a movie made for laughs...and damn it's funny! The film is filled with bad words and puns, so many that you'll stop caring and just laugh: in a way, it's a silly movie that really doesn't improve anything, but it's made for good laughs.

However, I gotta admit I also loved for its morals,

However, I gotta admit I also loved for its morals, because Ted, despite being a drug addict and basically a vulgar bear, it's actually a good "guy" and loves his friend more than anything. Even the main protagonist John is very good and likeable despite being a drug addict too but you'll see his good intentions and actual love for his girlfriend AND friend Ted: it's rare to find good characters with flaws, since they tend to overdo on the flaw side and make them annoying as hell. And all of this to show basically a lot of teachings: the fact that you can have flaws but still be a very good guy, that people easily judge on the surface and for actions (the fact that the girlfriend wants him to choose between him, or the bear is hilarious if you think about it). And most importantly, how we have to move on from our childhood and stop acting as so...but to not totally forget who we were and to actually remind us that "we were kids and we will always have a part of that inside us".

That, or I'm just overanalyzing things.

1. Reviewed by: Tony Horkins
    Jul 23, 2012
    A fabulous first live-action effort, combining R-rated hilarity with skilled storytelling as it slips some real heart into the stuffing of a toy bear.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Jul 1, 2012
    It's often convulsively funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Jul 1, 2012
    In a universe of Hollywood comedies that seem determined to insult the audience and pander to the basest form of post-adolescent fantasy, Ted feels almost sophisticated.