7.0

1. Dec 29, 2014
    Ted is one of the funniest movies I've seen in ages with some of Seth Mcfarlen's best writing. it does what princess diaries did well in making a live action cartoon similar to his family guy and american dad shows and it works in so many ways and it's great to see Mark Wahlberg in a decent movie given his track record in recent memory
  2. Dec 13, 2014
    Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Summary: Ted is an above-average comedy with some funny moments. 52/100 [C]

Ted is a comedy film written and directed by Seth MacFarlane, starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane (as Ted's voice). I was so pumped for this movie and I had very high expectations. Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as I thought. Ted squanders its potential with an uneven, weirdly written script. The simple fact of being a movie about a talking bear is interesting, but this bear is a douchebag and I don't like his voice; MacFarlane's voice is so annoying, his voice just doesn't match with the likable appearance of the bear. As we go, the black humor was tedious, although I'm pretty sure that a huge part of the audience will enjoy the tone of the movie. To me... it's just a too vulgar film.

On the upside, the opening scene is fantastic, very enjoyable and quite touching. I also liked a scene near the last act where Ted and Mark Wahlberg's character are fighting each other, it was hilarious. There's another funny scene where Mila Kunis' character has to lift a piece of crap, and I found it wickedly funny! The special effects are great, the bear looks realistic and its design is so well done. I laughed and had fun with Ted, but I can't say that is a good film! Ted is just a well-acted romantic comedy that has its moments, some of them astonishingly funny. I also liked most of the characters, the cinematography and the camera work. Also, the musical score is jazzy and quite pleasant.

I really wanted to love Ted, but its story is kinda uninteresting and some of the jokes are horrendously offensive. It had potential for being a great PG rated film, but come on... it's directed by Seth MacFarlane, so there will be a lot of profanity and blasphemy in it. It works as a romantic comedy, but it is a very vulgar one to me. The script is filled with boring pop culture references and racist gags. I just can't take this movie seriously. Also, the ending is very silly and predictable. It is a comedy for a very specific audience, I'm sure that fans of MacFarlane's previous work will be satisfied with this one. Anyway, I still give it credit because at least there's chemistry between the characters and it made me laugh at times. [C]
  3. Nov 22, 2014
    Seth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I was worried that the film received too much hype and wouldn't be able to live up to it but I was so wrong. Ted can pretty much get away with sayingSeth McFarlane could not have made a better debut to the director chair with Ted. Ted is just hilarious and its a movie I have continued to watch steadily since its release and its still just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it. I was worried that the film received too much hype and wouldn't be able to live up to it but I was so wrong. Ted can pretty much get away with saying anything and Mark Wahlberg shows how great he can be in a comedy film. To me comedy is where he should be. Can't wait for the sequel to Ted in 2015! Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2014
    Ted is funny and very enjoyable. However, it focuses on and gags (even the jokes are somewhat derivative) more than its story and is very predictable.
  5. Nov 3, 2014
    Tenía mis dudas sobre esta peli pero fue bastante divertida. Tiene escenas un poco raras que habrá quien no las entienda, pero te ríes, al menos yo me reí. Transmite buen rollo.
  6. Oct 15, 2014
    I have seen "Ted" in the cinema and I recently watched it at home. How funny is this movie... Enough emotional and realistic movies for a while, Ted drags you along the story and you just can't stop laughing. One of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen!
  7. Oct 7, 2014
    Creative, great effects and Mark Wahlberg played the perfect 30 something who has never grown up. The humor is cheap and at times gross and plays to the little 14 year old boy in all of us men. I loved this movie and have watched it more than once. FLASH GORDON RULES!!!
  8. Oct 4, 2014
    TED pode até ser engraçado, criativo e emocionante em alguns momentos, mas o seu conceito em geral não surpreende, chegando a ser repulsivo em alguns momentos.
  9. Sep 3, 2014
    The concept of Ted is something only Seth MacFarlane would come up--and rightfully so, he'd be the only man to make it work. It certainly does. I'd recommend lessening some of the profanity to allow the audience to better connect.
  10. Aug 24, 2014
    A funny movie for at least one round of good laughs. Lots of goofing around between guys, immature jokes and good reactions from Lori (Mila Kunis).

The plot itself is fairly unique, featuring a teddy bear who magically comes alive and remains a life-long friend of a lonely boy-turned-man. That friendship isn't easily shaken - not even when John (Mark Wahlberg) needs to choose between his thunder-buddy and hot girlfriend. He truly tries, but Ted is a bad influence on him.

Many familiar voices from MacFarlane's other projects are present. Guy's (Patrick Warburton) character was definitely my favorite.
  11. Aug 13, 2014
    Ok so let me tell you why everyone thing this was a beast of a movie: The ending is good, really good, and when you tell someone about a movie you have seen, you obviously have the ending in mind more than the rest of the movie. Whatever, I think it still wasn't a bad movie at all, i laughed, but i honestly think a movie like this has a very limited audience, maybe teens, but still notOk so let me tell you why everyone thing this was a beast of a movie: The ending is good, really good, and when you tell someone about a movie you have seen, you obviously have the ending in mind more than the rest of the movie. Whatever, I think it still wasn't a bad movie at all, i laughed, but i honestly think a movie like this has a very limited audience, maybe teens, but still not every ''teen'' enjoys this type of comedy...

But yeah i would still watch the movie if i was you reading this review.
  12. Rem
    Jun 1, 2014
    I have always enjoyed Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor and in Ted, it's simply oozing Family Guy. While many find the sophomore humor and swearing in Ted rude and childish, I think it's laugh out loud funny. I admit it. However that doesn't help that the final third of the movie falls short as it tries to be more of a serious romance bluff rather than continuing its gold streak of laughsI have always enjoyed Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor and in Ted, it's simply oozing Family Guy. While many find the sophomore humor and swearing in Ted rude and childish, I think it's laugh out loud funny. I admit it. However that doesn't help that the final third of the movie falls short as it tries to be more of a serious romance bluff rather than continuing its gold streak of laughs it started at the beginning of the movie, for that I can say surely. Expand
  13. May 25, 2014
    Was an okay movie I guess,, but yoh... I wish they will stop with all the Je##s and Ch###t swearing, really, you could have made the movie without it, I can't see how swearing like that makes any difference to the story whatsoever, or is that just how everyone speaks nowadays ?
  14. May 4, 2014
    Seth McFarlane is one of the funniest men on earth. Everything he does especially Family Guy and this movie is freaking hilerious. Anybody who loves inappropriate jokes, Seth is your guy
  15. Mar 23, 2014
    As low-brow comedies about talking, weed-smoking teddy bears go, this movie is just great. It has solid plot, solid acting and basically solid everything. It's even a bit funny how fresh and well-paced this movie feels while it's basically doing nothing but following movie-making 101. Especially since it has very traditional comedy story structure. But I guess these days if you manage toAs low-brow comedies about talking, weed-smoking teddy bears go, this movie is just great. It has solid plot, solid acting and basically solid everything. It's even a bit funny how fresh and well-paced this movie feels while it's basically doing nothing but following movie-making 101. Especially since it has very traditional comedy story structure. But I guess these days if you manage to make movie that can keep itself together an hour and half it's already nearing brilliance... Expand
  16. Mar 18, 2014
    from the guy who brought us family guy and american dad . Seth MacFarlane is the adult swim king and this movie brought me laughs and joy . i love Seth's directing and writing the script . i heard ted 2 is coming soon in 2015 which i will enjoy and willing to see
  17. Mar 4, 2014
    Basically an extended Family Guy episode under the guise of a rather mediocre and unoriginal plot, but it still works. Chemistry between Wahlberg and Ted and humour are pretty great, and even with the annoying characters, overly long sequences and romcom cliches, it still turns out to be an overall worthwhile feel-good film.
  18. Feb 15, 2014
    Seth Macfarlane's first feature film is even more raunchy than both family guy and south park combined. The plot was decent and the acting was a two thumbs up. I can't say if a sequel was made that I would watch it, and if their is one I probably wouldn't. But still I found this film to be very funny. Very funny indeed.
  19. Jan 25, 2014
    Ted is a funny, crude comedy from the creator of Family Guy. It's funny by default to see a foul mouthed, bear drinking live action teddy bear by default. There are a whole bunch of laugh out loud moments. That said, Ted hits rockier ground in the final third, with the emotional scenes failing to take flight.
  20. Jan 21, 2014
    A hilarious funny movie with unserious content that keeps me laughing! Ted is one of the movies of 2012 that you got to see, because it's so funny and entertaining. The negative part of this movie is that the story is a little misleading, because you really don't know whats going to happen next, but I guess that's just because the creator of Family Guy, Seth Macfarlane directed this movie.A hilarious funny movie with unserious content that keeps me laughing! Ted is one of the movies of 2012 that you got to see, because it's so funny and entertaining. The negative part of this movie is that the story is a little misleading, because you really don't know whats going to happen next, but I guess that's just because the creator of Family Guy, Seth Macfarlane directed this movie. Another bad thing is that the ending could have been more entertaining, because it was a little to "serious" ending, but also that the movie is way more funnier in the first half of the movie, which decreased in the second part.

I would give this movie a 8/10, if it had more unserious humor in the second half of the movie. But I really recommend this movie for everyone that loves Family Guy´s unserious humor!
    Ted gets a 7,5/10
  21. Jan 10, 2014
    I fail to see what so many people find funny about this movie. As a former fan of both American Dad and Family Guy I had high hopes for this movie, especially because the trailers looked hilarious. Unfortunately I found that 99% of the movies funny material is in the trailer. This is a movie that tries to get by on vulgarity alone. It's like Seth MacFarlane is hoping that you'll ignore howI fail to see what so many people find funny about this movie. As a former fan of both American Dad and Family Guy I had high hopes for this movie, especially because the trailers looked hilarious. Unfortunately I found that 99% of the movies funny material is in the trailer. This is a movie that tries to get by on vulgarity alone. It's like Seth MacFarlane is hoping that you'll ignore how unnecessarily vulgar this movie is and laugh at it just because a teddy bear is the one doing these crude and painfully unfunny things.

As far as the plot goes it's a tale about growing up mixed with both a rom-com and a bromance flick. An interesting combination to say the least, but the shear unbridled obscenity of the "humor" drowns out any hint of sentimentality this movie might have had. I don't mind vulgar humor as long as it's funny, and I just can't view this movie as funny. To me it's like Seth MacFarlane had so much pent up dirty humor inside him that he couldn't unleash on one of his TV shows, that he just decided to cram as much of it as he could into a movie with out any thought or care about whether or not it was actually funny.

I found this to be a colossal waste of my time and the film never got anything more from a chuckle from me. I don't personally recommend it, but you might be like a lot of the other people out there who enjoyed the film. All I can say is that I found the film to be vulgar just for the sake of being vulgar, and was willing to sacrifice humor in order to be so. Clearly there's something to like here as so many people have enjoyed the movie. In my personal opinion this movie isn't funny. In the end all I can do is just give you my opinion and tell you to do with that information what you will. Like I said I didn't enjoy the movie, but many people did. Do with that info what you will.
  22. Jan 1, 2014
    If you despise tons and tons of swear words and just pretend a good story, look away because this is a movie made for laughs...and damn it's funny! The film is filled with bad words and puns, so many that you'll stop caring and just laugh: in a way, it's a silly movie that really doesn't improve anything, but it's made for good laughs.

However, I gotta admit I also loved for its morals,

However, I gotta admit I also loved for its morals, because Ted, despite being a drug addict and basically a vulgar bear, it's actually a good "guy" and loves his friend more than anything. Even the main protagonist John is very good and likeable despite being a drug addict too but you'll see his good intentions and actual love for his girlfriend AND friend Ted: it's rare to find good characters with flaws, since they tend to overdo on the flaw side and make them annoying as hell. And all of this to show basically a lot of teachings: the fact that you can have flaws but still be a very good guy, that people easily judge on the surface and for actions (the fact that the girlfriend wants him to choose between him, or the bear is hilarious if you think about it). And most importantly, how we have to move on from our childhood and stop acting as so...but to not totally forget who we were and to actually remind us that "we were kids and we will always have a part of that inside us".

That, or I'm just overanalyzing things.
  23. Dec 20, 2013
  24. Dec 13, 2013
    Perfect to have a good time. A light movie with an interesting idea that will make to laugh at times. It gets better as the movie progresses, which is always good. There are some vulgar moments though. But it also has a heart. It´s a pretty good balance. Watching Ryan Reynolds kissing a man is always an incentive too
  25. Nov 1, 2013
    Brilliant film packed full of huge laughs with a very strong plot and very good characters. The acting is excellent and the end part is the best! Highly recommend!
  26. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ted doesn't bring anything new to the table, and offers very little to begin with, but it has a heart. The usual Hollywood plot line of the perfect couple that breaks up over something in the man's life and gets back together in the end is predictable, but diverting nonetheless. Expand
  27. Aug 30, 2013
    Not a good movie at all!!! I didn't like it!!! It's rubbish, it's not funny, it's not dramatic, it's not horror......it's absolutely nothing!!! Oh, I forgot....it's horr....ible!!!!
  28. Aug 29, 2013
    This movie is simply awesome. I very creative, and the way he acts with the teddy bear really seems real. Its amazing, I can't even imegine someone saying something negative about this movie... Amazing!
  29. Aug 18, 2013
    I`t has it`s moments but nothing great. I could not help but hope the first few minutes would speed up. Like another person said it`s a comedy so ask your self if you found anything to laugh at, and I have to say i did, so it wasn`t bad.The movie may have A Teddy Bear but it is not for kids, you should know this right from the trailers.
  30. Aug 17, 2013
    While I do have a couple of issues with Ted most of them are me just looking at the film for what it could have been along with nitpicking. When you finish watching a comedy you should not be thinking too much about your issues with the characters or the story but rather should ask yourself the question whether or not you laughed and if so how much and how hard. With this movie a laughedWhile I do have a couple of issues with Ted most of them are me just looking at the film for what it could have been along with nitpicking. When you finish watching a comedy you should not be thinking too much about your issues with the characters or the story but rather should ask yourself the question whether or not you laughed and if so how much and how hard. With this movie a laughed quite a few times such to the point that I do not mind the clichés and the unaddressed issue at the end of the film. While the film is not hilarious it is still funny and definitely worth a watch. I am glad I saw it and if Seth McFarlene makes more movies I only hope that he keeps me laughing. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tony Horkins
    Jul 23, 2012
    A fabulous first live-action effort, combining R-rated hilarity with skilled storytelling as it slips some real heart into the stuffing of a toy bear.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Jul 1, 2012
    It's often convulsively funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Jul 1, 2012
    In a universe of Hollywood comedies that seem determined to insult the audience and pander to the basest form of post-adolescent fantasy, Ted feels almost sophisticated.