4.5

1. Jan 19, 2013
    The film tries to terror, which is not achieved. It gore and some entertaining and leaves you with a bad taste in vocation.
  2. Jan 30, 2013
    Story line is interesting. Very predictable. Trey Songz was very good looking. Had some very scary, unbelievable moments- for the thrill seekers. Over all, the best part of the movie was Trey Songz taking his shirt off;... Take that as you will.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    el director convierte una simple película de terror en un lió familiar que solo ciertas personas lo entenderán ademas el personaje de cara de cuero no se define si es un villano o un héroe. esta nueva entrega no ofrece nada bueno la serie de películas de la masacre de texas y como una recomendación para la próxima entrega que las películas sean coherentes una con la otra por que si unoel director convierte una simple película de terror en un lió familiar que solo ciertas personas lo entenderán ademas el personaje de cara de cuero no se define si es un villano o un héroe. esta nueva entrega no ofrece nada bueno la serie de películas de la masacre de texas y como una recomendación para la próxima entrega que las películas sean coherentes una con la otra por que si uno ve las otras entregas no tienen nada que ver con esta. Expand
  4. Apr 3, 2013
    This film could've been good. But overall terrible story telling, no scary scenes what so ever, the horror scenes turned into comedy scenes. Like the Carnival that was high-larious. If your a horror film lover then you will literally want to turn away. If your looking for something to fill in some extra time TURN AWAY. This is only for people who love to watch parodies because this isThis film could've been good. But overall terrible story telling, no scary scenes what so ever, the horror scenes turned into comedy scenes. Like the Carnival that was high-larious. If your a horror film lover then you will literally want to turn away. If your looking for something to fill in some extra time TURN AWAY. This is only for people who love to watch parodies because this is basically that Expand
  5. Jun 21, 2013
    The movie had some really good ideas, but fell short on everything. The writing in between the key ideas of the movie was horrendous. This movie also holds the biggest movie mistake I've ever seen/heard of. It's supposed to be a sequel to the 1974 movie, the setting is supposed to be late 80's early 90's and yet at one point a cop pulls out an iphone.
  6. Jan 9, 2013
    This is a typical horror flick with a lot of gore and insane situations. As usual with a movie like this, it is going to be polarizing. I am somewhat in the middle with this. I would have liked a bit more originality, but I don't want to jump in the bandwagon and bash it for what it is: "just" a horror movie.
  7. Jan 6, 2013
    I am really surprised! I didn't expect that this movie will do its job, and freak me out! A very good movie surprisingly! The 3D is amazing, the acting is good not great, but I had a really good time, eventually the first Texas Chainsaw left me amazed, the squeal left surprised, amazed and freaked out, really well-Done!!
  8. Feb 10, 2013
    A lot of this film proved to be unsuccessful due to its jumbled timeline, its constant stupidly, it's over use of cliché and it's "twist" ending. However, there's no denying that it's an enjoyable slasher flick that should satisfy the needs of gore-hounds and is a good way to pass 90 minutes for everyone else.
  9. Jan 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Even for a horror movie, Texas Chainsaw 3D takes implausibility to new heights. That's not to say it's unwatchable, but for a franchise that is most appreciated for the unflinching grittiness of its source material and a continuum of creepiness, TC3D features neither of those traits. The film tries to do right by the original film, picking up moments after Sally Hardesty escapes from Leatherface in the back of a pick up truck, and shows the cops arriving at The Family's farmhouse as a result of the events from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1). But the reference to and inclusion of the original's gnarly, almost documentary-style footage only manages to highlight even greater the overall plainness of TC3D; which is to say it looks like The Apparition or One Missed Call. Standard. Plain. More wonkiness ensues as the history it claims to be bound to is suddenly rewritten with the addition of several new family members, including women and children (!) and a handful of un-scary men in overalls, none of whom appeared or were even referred to in the first entry. evidently TC3D's writers confused the original and the remake, the latter having also added birthin' folk to the mix. Well, guess what? It all doesn't matter, since all of Sawyer family are quickly killed when a vigilante group of locals burn down the house, killing everyone inside. That is, all but a single baby girl. Aha! Fast forward to modern day, where that baby girl, Edith, is now an adult - but also conspicuously not her late thirties, which she would be if the original film truly took place in 1974, which it very openly did. She inherits her grandmother's house in Texas, a place that secretly houses Leatherface in the basement, who summarily kills all her friends shortly after they arrive at the house. This is especially unfortunate as interpersonal tension is built between her best friend and boyfriend, who are together cheating on Edith, but none of that matters because nobody lives long enough for anything to come of it. Indeed, Edith never even finds out about the affair. This ain't The Mist. How Leatherface survived the vigilante townsfolk, or even managed to travel, is also skimmed over. There is a line where someone mumbles "Maybe he ran out the back...?" Maybe! This leads to what is probably the scene that best exemplifies the overall squandered potential of the Texas Chainsaw 3D, as Edith escapes the secluded grounds of her grandmother's home, only to happen upon a well-populated and surprisingly nearby county fair, ferris wheel and all. Fans of the series have long lamented that while The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise is super, there has never truly been a "massacre" in any of the films. Surely Leatherface entering the fairgrounds, swinging his live chainsaw, will remedy this blight? Nope. Not even a single passerby meets their end at Leatherface's saw. Pity. Edith survives the attack and is eventually sheltered by the police... But they get distracted amongst each other and she runs away after having discovered their role in the burning down of her family's original farmhouse. It should ne noted that she learns this only after the police leave her alone in a room with the "Evidence Box" detailing the original murders, and is so angry at the vigilante townspeople that she writes "muderers" over their photos with a red Sharpie. Umm... What? Apparently the only thing she hates more than murderers are people who murder murderers! Yeah! The movie slows down quite steadily at this point, as Edith now must deftly elude the terminally uninteresting locals, who also want to kill her because they know she is related to Leatherface. Lucky for her, Leatherface becomes hip to their scheme and comes to Edith's rescue just as they are about to kill her at the old abandoned slaughterhouse. As a result, the townsfolk instead turn their aggression towards Leatherface, but then Edith rescues him too. Yes, indeed... she apparently has already gotten over the face that he murdered all her friends only 40 minutes before, and feels tender hearted towards him, due to his "simple nature" and, I guess, that sad look in his eye behind the skin-mask he wears over his face. Although the police eventually intervene, they nonetheless allow Edith and Leatherface to simply go back home, despite the carnage, telling them only to "clean this **** up" - the most egregious line of the film... in a film full of egregious lines. The last of their clan, Edith and Leatherface do actually return home to start a new, seemingly platonic life together - adding another wasted opportunity of TC3D to seize on the delightful creepiness of the franchise. **** you not, that's how the movie ends. Expand
  10. Jun 4, 2013
    "While it goes against my better judgement, Texas Chainsaw 3D is one giant cliche, it falls into every horror category imaginable and brings nothing new to the table. That being said if you actually sit back and relax you might actually enjoy this romp." C
  11. Sep 19, 2013
    Call me a sucker, but watching this film (rental, minus the 3D trapping that aimed to draw people into theaters) actually made me think that the franchise still has something to offer. This film has something to offer for fans of the franchise, in other words.

The twist, which I won't give away, appeals to me in a way that I can certainly understand many individuals not being able to relate to. That twist is what gives this entry into the series its identity, and the way it all plays out is something I wasn't entirely expecting. A very pleasant surprise, in terms of storytelling, which has never truly been the franchise's strong suit.

The obligatory gore and guts are splattered everywhere across the film, with obvious 3D moments popping up appropriately, but somewhere around the last 45 minutes, you realize you're not just watching a splatter flick. There's more substance here than meets the eye, even if it isn't exactly revolutionary in horror film plot history.

The casting was surprisingly well done, and unlike certain iterations of the franchise, avoids being a detriment to the overall goal.

You're supposed to be scared, but at some point, the film attempts to coax a different feeling from the viewer. Whether or not it works is 100% subjective, of course, but in my case it worked. In the overall scheme of things, Texas Chainsaw 3D isn't the best film in the series (not by a long shot), but when you consider some of the absolutely ridiculous sequels of the past...well...you have to appreciate the gritty reality of this fresh take on a classic.
  12. Sep 28, 2014
    Interstesting movie just wished they hadn't called it Texas chainsaw massacre. Its comical because it classic big boobed lots of sex cliche movie not Texas chainsaw
  13. Jul 25, 2013
    It's another gore filled chase-romp with little to no memorable moments. But that shouldn't be a surprise, considering the film had really no reason to exist anyway.
  14. Jan 31, 2013
    I liked this movie and the 3d effect was pretty amazing. The reason i gave it a five was because it wasnt even close to texas chainsaw massacre in awesomeness and I got more sick than scared when i watched it
  15. Jan 11, 2013
    This movie was a cheesy, i mean ya, i get it, its a great movie in all, but don't you think crazy massacre people chasing young hot girls? i mean we see that in almost every horror. take halloween for example, its all about hot girls getting killed. i for one give it a 6 out of 10. good movie, but too typical for me.
  16. Nov 10, 2013
    I think the directors recorem this kind of movie because they think it is something simple to do, but even something simple to play has to be done in a dignified manner, which in most cases here, does not happen.
  17. May 19, 2013
    This is the I think the third remake of the Texas Chainsaw Masscre,I can't tell because they've remade the movie so many times.It's okay,but only rent it.
  18. May 28, 2013
    I enjoyed it though I have to say it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, the characters make stupid decisions like Heather hiding in a coffin, really? It's still enjoyable to watch if you like those best worst movies.

1. Reviewed by: William Goss
    Feb 27, 2013
    The most frightening thing about the franchise at this point is that it just keeps on going, undaunted by the characteristics by which the first film made its name. Family is still family and a brand is still a brand, but the blade… well, it’s only grown dull.
    There's nothing thrilling about summarily dispatching everybody who isn't meant to survive to the credits, nothing entertaining about meathook, hatchet and chainsaw murdering that we've seen scores of times.
  3. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jan 9, 2013
    Stick around through the credits for an extra closing scene that leaves the door of Heather's new home wide open for a sequel.