"DIA" Productions GmbH & Co. KG | Release Date: January 4, 2013
4.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 171 Ratings
Watch Now
Debaser7Jul 17, 2017
Texas Chainsaw 3D......what to say, It's a piece of **** for one. The story is predictable, characters are dumb, it's just an ugly movie, even the picture has a cheap, over saturated look to it. A film that tries to (well i think it does)Texas Chainsaw 3D......what to say, It's a piece of **** for one. The story is predictable, characters are dumb, it's just an ugly movie, even the picture has a cheap, over saturated look to it. A film that tries to (well i think it does) honour the original just ends up being a disrespectful parody film with all the cliques you can think of. I was going to give the film a two for Alexandra Daddario's pair of assets, but the line "Do your thing cuz" just hit the nail on the coffin. Expand
Meth-dudeApr 9, 2017
The movie was predictable, simple, cliché and actually pretty stupid, but it was very entertaining, the acting wasn't bad from most of the main characters and it was actually very violent. Don't get me wrong, it's a stupid movie, but it's theThe movie was predictable, simple, cliché and actually pretty stupid, but it was very entertaining, the acting wasn't bad from most of the main characters and it was actually very violent. Don't get me wrong, it's a stupid movie, but it's the stupid dumb fun kind. Expand
KingofdanerdsNov 10, 2016
Movie was great with lots of gore. But how many people are Leatherface?! This one is Jed so I can't keep track.But the directors did a great job into making a new Texas Chainsaw movie after so many years.
MOVIECRITIC315Jun 25, 2016
Texas chainsaw 3D is garbage. Its terrible in everyway, the acting is atrocious, the pacing is terrible, and its not even scary!!!!. Really!!!??. A 12 year old could make a better movie.
MovieMasterEddyApr 6, 2016
Time to fire up the critical Black & Decker: Somebody—there are six credited screenwriters—really wasn’t clear on the concept. The guy's called Leatherface (Dan Yeager, behind the skins). He lumbers after people, kills them and then hisTime to fire up the critical Black & Decker: Somebody—there are six credited screenwriters—really wasn’t clear on the concept. The guy's called Leatherface (Dan Yeager, behind the skins). He lumbers after people, kills them and then his family eats them. How hard is that? After a brief montage from Tobe Hooper’s feverish 1974 classic, we’re back at the murder house, where—what’s this?—a bunch of yahoo hicks shoot down the remaining cannibal clan and torch the porch. These yokels are our villains now, and unfortunately, they’re a lot less scary or suggestive. Bereavement’s Alexandra Daddario, playing a distant Leatherface cousin set to inherit the manor (and manner), continues her sad career in unbuttoned bondage, and the 3-D effects are especially ruinous. Expand
UrbanlistenerNov 23, 2015
Wow, I am impressed of how bad this movie was, seriously it was more than awful. A hollywood cash grab so obvious you'd have to be mentally retarded not to see it. I won't go in details about the film itself, because it doesn't even deserveWow, I am impressed of how bad this movie was, seriously it was more than awful. A hollywood cash grab so obvious you'd have to be mentally retarded not to see it. I won't go in details about the film itself, because it doesn't even deserve that attention, but let's say there is not one single redeeming quality to it. Expand
SolInvictaMay 24, 2015
Borderline unwatchable as a horror movie. Intermittently effective as an unintentional comedy. As far as horror sequels go, this is right down there with Halloween: Resurrection.
ydnar4Mar 7, 2015
I couldn't even finish this movie. Just another lame remake that is far worse than the 2003 version and is just ruining the legacy of the original and only good version from 1974. I could've directed this movie. It just such a lazy effort.I couldn't even finish this movie. Just another lame remake that is far worse than the 2003 version and is just ruining the legacy of the original and only good version from 1974. I could've directed this movie. It just such a lazy effort. If you are a fan of horror I recommend just skipping this movie. Expand
quincytheodoreFeb 10, 2015
Texas Chainsaw 3D brings a few tricks to reinvigorate an already tired series but sadly fails to polish the fundamentals. When another title comes of from well-known franchise such as Texas Chainsaw which has inspired many movies of itsTexas Chainsaw 3D brings a few tricks to reinvigorate an already tired series but sadly fails to polish the fundamentals. When another title comes of from well-known franchise such as Texas Chainsaw which has inspired many movies of its genre, people already has an expectation, while this is an allure, it's also a strain to create fresh ideas. A bunch of 3D antics and choppy script are definitely not the way to pique audience's interest.

The story follows Heather Miller (Alexandra Daddario) as she's about to be surprised with extravagant inheritance by her unknown grandmother. This involves a visit to countryside where the famous massacre occurred, she also takes the liberty on taking her carbon copy stereotypical friends as any other nice horror leads may do. The first act goes as predictable as it comes, right down to the clumsy coincidence, common slashing and comical chase.

I appreciate the movie's attempt to portray Leatherface as more than his usual villainous slasher persona. He's given more back story to make audience sympathize with him, however this doesn't result in an engaging character, either for protagonist or antagonist. The direction, coupled with jumbled script, makes it hard to take any of it seriously. At some points, the movie almost exclusively steers into comedy realm, this is not the path it wants to follow. The movie is as lost as a young woman running scared in the wood, and we know she's gonna trip herself and ridiculously falls.

At the very least, the lead Alexandra Daddario tries to raise the character as her role gets more investment. It's almost good to see a stronger protagonist instead of the usual victim personality, but the way the development takes place is unnatural. Addition of 3D effect doesn't help, it gives away the gore much too obvious, and random object thrown into one's face has become the fastest tired invention on late.

If it's only a brief visitation of old memory lane, or a few ironic chuckles, Texas Chainsaw 3D might be bearable. However, fans of the old might even be more disappointed of how the original has fallen.
DCEdmondsNov 13, 2014
"Texas Chainsaw" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Awful) ...

The Good: Leatherface's look was decent. The Bad: Trying to make Leatherface into a misunderstood anti-hero was a bad move. I'm fine with trying to re-invent some aspects of horror
"Texas Chainsaw" 10 Scale Rating: 2.0 (Awful) ...

The Good: Leatherface's look was decent.

The Bad: Trying to make Leatherface into a misunderstood anti-hero was a bad move. I'm fine with trying to re-invent some aspects of horror classics, but that concept was forced and made no sense at all. Also, while I don't expect award winning performances in this genre, I do expect some level of mediocrity. The acting was more dreadful than expected, especially the lead actress. The gore (which is why you watch this, right?) was comical.
rjmacreadyOct 30, 2014
In a post-Saw (that's just "saw", no chains attached) cinematic universe, it's refreshing to see a recent horror film which starts off with a premise which tries in no way, shape or form to be needlessly "clever"...honestly, it takes boldnessIn a post-Saw (that's just "saw", no chains attached) cinematic universe, it's refreshing to see a recent horror film which starts off with a premise which tries in no way, shape or form to be needlessly "clever"...honestly, it takes boldness in this day and age to do a "for God's sake, don't let the monster out of the basement!" movie, and even more balls to make that monster the mighty Leatherface. Sure, by the end it all goes completely batpoop-crazy, but it still retains an internal logic - however "nutzoid" - which endings like the first Saw simply fail to have (guy dying of cancer, decides he's going to imitate a CORPSE in a room with two desperate, trapped guys who have access to nasty bladed implements...just so he can give the audience a big, nasty "couldn't see that comin', could ya?" spook at the end? Spare me)...

Look, this movie is mad, but it's hardly "bad" in an incompetent sort of a way, and certainly doesn't fail to deliver the gruesome goods. Is it as good as the Tobe Hooper original? Of course not. NONE of these reboots or sequels ever had ANY chance of achieving such a thing. Have some more popcorn, and enjoy.
horrorfixSep 28, 2014
Interstesting movie just wished they hadn't called it Texas chainsaw massacre. Its comical because it classic big boobed lots of sex cliche movie not Texas chainsaw
FilmVirtueMar 12, 2014
Unfortunately, Not even the violence and gore can make up for the terrible screenplay and semi professional acting. Texas Chainsaw 3D is too boring to enjoy--- or even watch
TheQuietGamerJan 19, 2014
It's not scary, but it is still one of the better horror movies I've seen. It manages to get away with not being scary by being a slasher movie that doesn't suffer from being irritatingly campy. As a matter of fact the film isn't campy atIt's not scary, but it is still one of the better horror movies I've seen. It manages to get away with not being scary by being a slasher movie that doesn't suffer from being irritatingly campy. As a matter of fact the film isn't campy at all. It's a serious and self-respecting slasher film that is actually trying to scare you. Unlike most slasher films, it doesn't rely on over excessive gore or unnecessary nudity. It's serious and is trying to provide genuine scares, and while it doesn't succeed at providing scares, I respected and enjoyed it anyway for not treating me like an idiot.

That being said the lack of fear is disappointing and there are a few awkward moments here and there, particularly one involving a carnival chase, but overall I really enjoyed the plot and characters. I did find it a little odd that they try to portray "Leatherface" in a sort of positive light, but overall this served as a good introduction into a series that I am now extremely curious about. So if you're tired of things like camp or idiotic characters plaguing your horror slasher films, then you may be like me and find this to be a refreshing change of pace. It's not scary, but I still really enjoyed it.
oblique15Jan 11, 2014
This was Horrorbile! Nothing scary about it, just a mess of blood, and disgusting scenes. This is one of those movies where they just try to hard. Tania Raymonde is Hot, but when shes flaunting her body around it makes it even harder to takeThis was Horrorbile! Nothing scary about it, just a mess of blood, and disgusting scenes. This is one of those movies where they just try to hard. Tania Raymonde is Hot, but when shes flaunting her body around it makes it even harder to take this movie seriously. The ending gets twisted in a Horrorbile way. Expand
BrinncdeewhyJan 7, 2014
Its funny, I usually like these kind of movies. But usually the one's that I like have some sort of charm about it such as..(Camera angles, character development, gore effects, and good music) This film hardly had any of that. Actually IIts funny, I usually like these kind of movies. But usually the one's that I like have some sort of charm about it such as..(Camera angles, character development, gore effects, and good music) This film hardly had any of that. Actually I wouldn't even call this a true film at all. There's nothing cinematic about it. Honestly I felt like I needed an hour long shower after I watched this. Although the carnival scene is neat. THAT is pretty much it. Expand
IamthejuanNov 20, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is probably one of the dumbest, most unbelievable films in the series. There is a scene where leatherface chases one of the main characters and she falls not once, not twice, but three times. Leatherface then chases her over a fence into the middle of a carnival, where he runs past about 50 potential victims, apparently set on killing the unbelievably sexy white girl (leatherface must not have approved of her interracial relationship). The girl then decides to grab onto the bottom of a ferris-wheel carriage, because ferris wheels don't go in a circle in her mind. Low and behold, as she is almost to the bottom a cop shows up with a gun. Leatherface throws his chainsaw like a boomerang at the cop.

That was all in the scope of a 2 min scene. This movie is pure silliness. In fact, it is still running in the background as I type this; that's how uninteresting it is. Oh wait, more silliness. Now, after leatherface has killed her boyfriend and 2 friends, this chick all of a sudden decides to save him from a rather fitting and ironic death, and then help him kill the evil hillbilly police that killled his family but somehow let him escape. Like most 3d films, this relies on a name and the fact that people will pay to see the same rehashed crap again.
khutchNov 10, 2013
I think the directors recorem this kind of movie because they think it is something simple to do, but even something simple to play has to be done in a dignified manner, which in most cases here, does not happen.
imthenoobSep 28, 2013
Needless 3-D really hurts it. Plenty of gore though and it's certainly watchable. Poor plot though and the movie is hurt even more by the terrible ending. Yet another horror remake that fails to live up.
Kevbo85Sep 19, 2013
Call me a sucker, but watching this film (rental, minus the 3D trapping that aimed to draw people into theaters) actually made me think that the franchise still has something to offer. This film has something to offer for fans of theCall me a sucker, but watching this film (rental, minus the 3D trapping that aimed to draw people into theaters) actually made me think that the franchise still has something to offer. This film has something to offer for fans of the franchise, in other words.

The twist, which I won't give away, appeals to me in a way that I can certainly understand many individuals not being able to relate to. That twist is what gives this entry into the series its identity, and the way it all plays out is something I wasn't entirely expecting. A very pleasant surprise, in terms of storytelling, which has never truly been the franchise's strong suit.

The obligatory gore and guts are splattered everywhere across the film, with obvious 3D moments popping up appropriately, but somewhere around the last 45 minutes, you realize you're not just watching a splatter flick. There's more substance here than meets the eye, even if it isn't exactly revolutionary in horror film plot history.

The casting was surprisingly well done, and unlike certain iterations of the franchise, avoids being a detriment to the overall goal.

You're supposed to be scared, but at some point, the film attempts to coax a different feeling from the viewer. Whether or not it works is 100% subjective, of course, but in my case it worked. In the overall scheme of things, Texas Chainsaw 3D isn't the best film in the series (not by a long shot), but when you consider some of the absolutely ridiculous sequels of the past...well...you have to appreciate the gritty reality of this fresh take on a classic.
cameronmorewoodJul 25, 2013
It's another gore filled chase-romp with little to no memorable moments. But that shouldn't be a surprise, considering the film had really no reason to exist anyway.
MovieGoer14Jul 13, 2013
Texas Chainsaw 3D is a waste of time and opportunity to make a good sequel/follow-up to one of the classics The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, meanwhile, the new Chainsaw delivers chills and thrills, albeit you don't care about the characters norTexas Chainsaw 3D is a waste of time and opportunity to make a good sequel/follow-up to one of the classics The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, meanwhile, the new Chainsaw delivers chills and thrills, albeit you don't care about the characters nor the story, it gets so bad to be fun, and with the 3D! Its scary as hell. But without any denying, it is definitely one of the worst movies 2013. Expand
TetsuoJul 3, 2013
Somebody tell those executives to stop bringing back a franchise that's deader than the characters in the film. Despite ignoring the sequels after the original, it completely forgets what year it's supposed to be set. Making Leatherface intoSomebody tell those executives to stop bringing back a franchise that's deader than the characters in the film. Despite ignoring the sequels after the original, it completely forgets what year it's supposed to be set. Making Leatherface into an antihero completely jumped the shark, throwing everything that made the character terrifying shredded to pieces. No horror fan will enjoy this, especially fans. Expand
SylaxSYNJun 21, 2013
The movie had some really good ideas, but fell short on everything. The writing in between the key ideas of the movie was horrendous. This movie also holds the biggest movie mistake I've ever seen/heard of. It's supposed to be a sequel toThe movie had some really good ideas, but fell short on everything. The writing in between the key ideas of the movie was horrendous. This movie also holds the biggest movie mistake I've ever seen/heard of. It's supposed to be a sequel to the 1974 movie, the setting is supposed to be late 80's early 90's and yet at one point a cop pulls out an iphone. Expand
KivaJun 21, 2013
I don't understand all the bad reviews and i can't understand why all the new horror movies have bad reviews. This film was great. Had great plot and it was really interesting. I can't stand why everyone says don't watch it watch again theI don't understand all the bad reviews and i can't understand why all the new horror movies have bad reviews. This film was great. Had great plot and it was really interesting. I can't stand why everyone says don't watch it watch again the original. The original sucks. Get over it. This one is much better and it also has some 3D stuff. Watch it and ignore bad reviews Expand
WhySoSerious54Jun 19, 2013
The worst horror movie I have ever seen. A terrible waste and an insult to the original. The trailer looked as bad as the movie but the movie was so much worse.
Forrestgump1Jun 4, 2013
"While it goes against my better judgement, Texas Chainsaw 3D is one giant cliche, it falls into every horror category imaginable and brings nothing new to the table. That being said if you actually sit back and relax you might actually enjoy"While it goes against my better judgement, Texas Chainsaw 3D is one giant cliche, it falls into every horror category imaginable and brings nothing new to the table. That being said if you actually sit back and relax you might actually enjoy this romp." C Expand
BrianMcCriticJun 2, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a way to kick off 2013 an awful film mixed with one of the greatest lines in movie history. Do your thing Cuz comes after they try and make leather face a compassionate character. Yes the same man who slaughters people with his chainsaw and wears their skin, that is how stupid this movie is. Expand
Coyle98May 28, 2013
I enjoyed it though I have to say it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, the characters make stupid decisions like Heather hiding in a coffin, really? It's still enjoyable to watch if you like those best worst movies.
ICEExMagicMay 19, 2013
This is the I think the third remake of the Texas Chainsaw Masscre,I can't tell because they've remade the movie so many times.It's okay,but only rent it.