4.6

1. Mar 12, 2014
    Unfortunately, Not even the violence and gore can make up for the terrible screenplay and semi professional acting. Texas Chainsaw 3D is too boring to enjoy--- or even watch
  2. Jan 19, 2014
    It's not scary, but it is still one of the better horror movies I've seen. It manages to get away with not being scary by being a slasher movie that doesn't suffer from being irritatingly campy. As a matter of fact the film isn't campy at all. It's a serious and self-respecting slasher film that is actually trying to scare you. Unlike most slasher films, it doesn't rely on over excessive gore or unnecessary nudity. It's serious and is trying to provide genuine scares, and while it doesn't succeed at providing scares, I respected and enjoyed it anyway for not treating me like an idiot.

That being said the lack of fear is disappointing and there are a few awkward moments here and there, particularly one involving a carnival chase, but overall I really enjoyed the plot and characters. I did find it a little odd that they try to portray "Leatherface" in a sort of positive light, but overall this served as a good introduction into a series that I am now extremely curious about. So if you're tired of things like camp or idiotic characters plaguing your horror slasher films, then you may be like me and find this to be a refreshing change of pace. It's not scary, but I still really enjoyed it.
  3. Jan 11, 2014
    This was Horrorbile! Nothing scary about it, just a mess of blood, and disgusting scenes. This is one of those movies where they just try to hard. Tania Raymonde is Hot, but when shes flaunting her body around it makes it even harder to take this movie seriously. The ending gets twisted in a Horrorbile way.
  4. Jan 7, 2014
    Its funny, I usually like these kind of movies. But usually the one's that I like have some sort of charm about it such as..(Camera angles, character development, gore effects, and good music) This film hardly had any of that. Actually I wouldn't even call this a true film at all. There's nothing cinematic about it. Honestly I felt like I needed an hour long shower after I watched this. Although the carnival scene is neat. THAT is pretty much it. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is probably one of the dumbest, most unbelievable films in the series. There is a scene where leatherface chases one of the main characters and she falls not once, not twice, but three times. Leatherface then chases her over a fence into the middle of a carnival, where he runs past about 50 potential victims, apparently set on killing the unbelievably sexy white girl (leatherface must not have approved of her interracial relationship). The girl then decides to grab onto the bottom of a ferris-wheel carriage, because ferris wheels don't go in a circle in her mind. Low and behold, as she is almost to the bottom a cop shows up with a gun. Leatherface throws his chainsaw like a boomerang at the cop.

That was all in the scope of a 2 min scene. This movie is pure silliness. In fact, it is still running in the background as I type this; that's how uninteresting it is. Oh wait, more silliness. Now, after leatherface has killed her boyfriend and 2 friends, this chick all of a sudden decides to save him from a rather fitting and ironic death, and then help him kill the evil hillbilly police that killled his family but somehow let him escape. Like most 3d films, this relies on a name and the fact that people will pay to see the same rehashed crap again.
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    I think the directors recorem this kind of movie because they think it is something simple to do, but even something simple to play has to be done in a dignified manner, which in most cases here, does not happen.
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    Needless 3-D really hurts it. Plenty of gore though and it's certainly watchable. Poor plot though and the movie is hurt even more by the terrible ending. Yet another horror remake that fails to live up.
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    Call me a sucker, but watching this film (rental, minus the 3D trapping that aimed to draw people into theaters) actually made me think that the franchise still has something to offer. This film has something to offer for fans of the franchise, in other words.

The twist, which I won't give away, appeals to me in a way that I can certainly understand many individuals not being able to
    relate to. That twist is what gives this entry into the series its identity, and the way it all plays out is something I wasn't entirely expecting. A very pleasant surprise, in terms of storytelling, which has never truly been the franchise's strong suit.

The obligatory gore and guts are splattered everywhere across the film, with obvious 3D moments popping up appropriately, but somewhere around the last 45 minutes, you realize you're not just watching a splatter flick. There's more substance here than meets the eye, even if it isn't exactly revolutionary in horror film plot history.

The casting was surprisingly well done, and unlike certain iterations of the franchise, avoids being a detriment to the overall goal.

You're supposed to be scared, but at some point, the film attempts to coax a different feeling from the viewer. Whether or not it works is 100% subjective, of course, but in my case it worked. In the overall scheme of things, Texas Chainsaw 3D isn't the best film in the series (not by a long shot), but when you consider some of the absolutely ridiculous sequels of the past...well...you have to appreciate the gritty reality of this fresh take on a classic.
  9. Jul 25, 2013
    It's another gore filled chase-romp with little to no memorable moments. But that shouldn't be a surprise, considering the film had really no reason to exist anyway.
  10. Jul 13, 2013
    Texas Chainsaw 3D is a waste of time and opportunity to make a good sequel/follow-up to one of the classics The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, meanwhile, the new Chainsaw delivers chills and thrills, albeit you don't care about the characters nor the story, it gets so bad to be fun, and with the 3D! Its scary as hell. But without any denying, it is definitely one of the worst movies 2013.
  11. Jul 3, 2013
    Somebody tell those executives to stop bringing back a franchise that's deader than the characters in the film. Despite ignoring the sequels after the original, it completely forgets what year it's supposed to be set. Making Leatherface into an antihero completely jumped the shark, throwing everything that made the character terrifying shredded to pieces. No horror fan will enjoy this, especially fans. Expand
  12. Jun 21, 2013
    The movie had some really good ideas, but fell short on everything. The writing in between the key ideas of the movie was horrendous. This movie also holds the biggest movie mistake I've ever seen/heard of. It's supposed to be a sequel to the 1974 movie, the setting is supposed to be late 80's early 90's and yet at one point a cop pulls out an iphone.
  13. Jun 21, 2013
    I don't understand all the bad reviews and i can't understand why all the new horror movies have bad reviews. This film was great. Had great plot and it was really interesting. I can't stand why everyone says don't watch it watch again the original. The original sucks. Get over it. This one is much better and it also has some 3D stuff. Watch it and ignore bad reviews
  14. Jun 19, 2013
    The worst horror movie I have ever seen. A terrible waste and an insult to the original. The trailer looked as bad as the movie but the movie was so much worse.
  15. Jun 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this film was going to be gory good time, how wrong was I. This distant sequel (set in a very futuristic "1994") lacks the terror of the 1974 original and the brutality of the 2006 prequel and is completely devoid of scares and suspense; Instead you get plenty of unintentional laughs and plenty of moments when you will be face-palming at the onscreen silliness. Yes, this movie did have its fun moments and some nice practical gore in the first half, but then it is ruined by the use of CG gore instead. The film is poorly written, poorly acted and with poor dialogue, though the film has an interesting twist in the latter half but the film makes a silly yet bold turn at making Leatherface, the terrifying and merciless killer, into an anti-hero which will certainly divide fans of the series. In the end, Texas Chainsaw is a disappointment and misses its chance to even have a brutal and terrifying chainsaw massacre in it, instead we get an unintentionally hilarious silly-fest that is poorly acted and written. But we do sometimes get good gore and is a little fun at times along with some good sound design and a nice colour scheme...and also an interesting twist that will certainly divide fans. Expand
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    "While it goes against my better judgement, Texas Chainsaw 3D is one giant cliche, it falls into every horror category imaginable and brings nothing new to the table. That being said if you actually sit back and relax you might actually enjoy this romp." C
  17. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a way to kick off 2013 an awful film mixed with one of the greatest lines in movie history. Do your thing Cuz comes after they try and make leather face a compassionate character. Yes the same man who slaughters people with his chainsaw and wears their skin, that is how stupid this movie is. Expand
  18. May 28, 2013
    I enjoyed it though I have to say it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, the characters make stupid decisions like Heather hiding in a coffin, really? It's still enjoyable to watch if you like those best worst movies.
  19. May 19, 2013
    This is the I think the third remake of the Texas Chainsaw Masscre,I can't tell because they've remade the movie so many times.It's okay,but only rent it.
  20. May 18, 2013
    Okay, look. Did I go into this thing with high expectations? Absolutely not, which in the end is why I ended up sort of digging it. Was the acting bad? Yes. The characters cookie-cutter and shallow? For the most part, yes. The kill scenes tacked on? Oh quite. But I expected all that; if I hit play in the first place, at this point I'm still on board.

On a somewhat positive note, the
    overall gore level in the movie—while still in the high-splatter range—seems a bit toned down in this installment. Or maybe it's just that they finally stopped pushing the envelope... I can't put my finger on it, but it's almost like they were trying to be tasteful, an almost maverick endeavor for a Texas Chainsaw flick.

*******SPOILERS AHEAD*********

The thing that scores this movie some points with me is the sympathetic angle on Leatherface. Not that it's executed any less ham-fistedly than the rest of the script, mind you, but the fact they even went there was an unexpected breath of fresh air. I feel as though viewers were teased with the misunderstood manchild idea so many times in the past, it was a truly smart move to finally explore it. So what if it couldn't carry an otherwise mediocre movie? The moral subplot comes through like a pie to the face, but it still does its job of villifying the mayor enough to make his gruesomely novel death scene more satisfying than cringe-worthy. ****END OF SPOILERS*****

So for all its totally unsurprising shortcomings, TC3D isn't necessarily the waste of time you would figure it to be. I should say, though, that I watched this movie 2D, and I still feel like I got the full experience. The 3D thing was clearly not a directorial move.
  21. May 11, 2013
    A decent addition to the TCM films, but it unforntuatley had its flaws. Good setting with a good range of characters and storyline, but some of the deaths were a little disappointing and predictable, as were some of the twists also. It had it's ups and downs as far as the excitement and entertainment went, but I certainly wasn't bored at anytime while watching it. I think the two more recent TCM films from the 2000's that came out were better than this one, but Horror fans should still enjoy it. Expand
  22. Apr 3, 2013
    This film could've been good. But overall terrible story telling, no scary scenes what so ever, the horror scenes turned into comedy scenes. Like the Carnival that was high-larious. If your a horror film lover then you will literally want to turn away. If your looking for something to fill in some extra time TURN AWAY. This is only for people who love to watch parodies because this is basically that Expand
  23. Mar 17, 2013
    GreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreat Expand
  24. Mar 2, 2013
    I like it, i will admit it could have been better but it was a good movie and it was fun the 3D was a bonus and i liked how it had a twist at the end. Overall 9/10
  25. Mar 1, 2013
    Texas Chainsaw 3D was awesome. Despite the fact that its 31 Metascore has let itself down, this film was great! The horror was the great element in this film. Horror lovers will crave this one...
  26. Feb 19, 2013
    el director convierte una simple película de terror en un lió familiar que solo ciertas personas lo entenderán ademas el personaje de cara de cuero no se define si es un villano o un héroe. esta nueva entrega no ofrece nada bueno la serie de películas de la masacre de texas y como una recomendación para la próxima entrega que las películas sean coherentes una con la otra por que si uno ve las otras entregas no tienen nada que ver con esta. Expand
  27. Feb 10, 2013
    Alot of critics are saying that this movie basically sucks. I thought the movie was overall really well done. The idea of making this a direct sequel to the original 1974 version was a creative idea. There was one big mistake in this movie such as the time gap. In the beginning it recaps the 1974 movie showing all the kills and the main protagonist in that movie barely escaping. Then, the real movie starts when the towns people show up and burn down the house where Leather face lives. Everyone thinks he dies and then the movie skips ahead to twenty years later. Twenty years later would mean that this was taking place in the 1990's. The time frame is shattered though when someone uses an iphone towards the end of the movie though. Basically everyone you expect to die does but not in the ways you expect. Alot of people didn't like one scene where a specific person falls down stairs and gets up and can't exactly run. This person fell down concrete stairs and everyone in the audience of the movie was like "Oh my gosh. Why isn't she running?" well let's see she just ate falling down some concrete stairs. The acting for all the characters was surprisingly good/above average and is probably one of the best horror movies I've seen in about 2 years. I don't recommend this movie to anyone who ever says the original is always better and all that bs. Expand
  28. Feb 10, 2013
    A lot of this film proved to be unsuccessful due to its jumbled timeline, its constant stupidly, it's over use of cliché and it's "twist" ending. However, there's no denying that it's an enjoyable slasher flick that should satisfy the needs of gore-hounds and is a good way to pass 90 minutes for everyone else.
  29. Feb 5, 2013
    Woah. Well, this movie was pretty sad. It's was very generic and predictable. We've seen it before, the same lines, the same actions, the same plot. It was very disappointing.
  30. Jan 31, 2013
    I liked this movie and the 3d effect was pretty amazing. The reason i gave it a five was because it wasnt even close to texas chainsaw massacre in awesomeness and I got more sick than scared when i watched it

1. Reviewed by: William Goss
    Feb 27, 2013
    The most frightening thing about the franchise at this point is that it just keeps on going, undaunted by the characteristics by which the first film made its name. Family is still family and a brand is still a brand, but the blade… well, it’s only grown dull.
  2. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Jan 30, 2013
    There's nothing thrilling about summarily dispatching everybody who isn't meant to survive to the credits, nothing entertaining about meathook, hatchet and chainsaw murdering that we've seen scores of times.
  3. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jan 9, 2013
    Stick around through the credits for an extra closing scene that leaves the door of Heather's new home wide open for a sequel.