4.6

1. Jan 19, 2014
    It's not scary, but it is still one of the better horror movies I've seen. It manages to get away with not being scary by being a slasher movie that doesn't suffer from being irritatingly campy. As a matter of fact the film isn't campy at all. It's a serious and self-respecting slasher film that is actually trying to scare you. Unlike most slasher films, it doesn't rely on over excessiveIt's not scary, but it is still one of the better horror movies I've seen. It manages to get away with not being scary by being a slasher movie that doesn't suffer from being irritatingly campy. As a matter of fact the film isn't campy at all. It's a serious and self-respecting slasher film that is actually trying to scare you. Unlike most slasher films, it doesn't rely on over excessive gore or unnecessary nudity. It's serious and is trying to provide genuine scares, and while it doesn't succeed at providing scares, I respected and enjoyed it anyway for not treating me like an idiot.

That being said the lack of fear is disappointing and there are a few awkward moments here and there, particularly one involving a carnival chase, but overall I really enjoyed the plot and characters. I did find it a little odd that they try to portray "Leatherface" in a sort of positive light, but overall this served as a good introduction into a series that I am now extremely curious about. So if you're tired of things like camp or idiotic characters plaguing your horror slasher films, then you may be like me and find this to be a refreshing change of pace. It's not scary, but I still really enjoyed it.
  2. Mar 17, 2013
    GreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGrGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreatGreat Collapse
  3. Mar 2, 2013
    I like it, i will admit it could have been better but it was a good movie and it was fun the 3D was a bonus and i liked how it had a twist at the end. Overall 9/10
  4. Feb 10, 2013
    Alot of critics are saying that this movie basically sucks. I thought the movie was overall really well done. The idea of making this a direct sequel to the original 1974 version was a creative idea. There was one big mistake in this movie such as the time gap. In the beginning it recaps the 1974 movie showing all the kills and the main protagonist in that movie barely escaping. Then, theAlot of critics are saying that this movie basically sucks. I thought the movie was overall really well done. The idea of making this a direct sequel to the original 1974 version was a creative idea. There was one big mistake in this movie such as the time gap. In the beginning it recaps the 1974 movie showing all the kills and the main protagonist in that movie barely escaping. Then, the real movie starts when the towns people show up and burn down the house where Leather face lives. Everyone thinks he dies and then the movie skips ahead to twenty years later. Twenty years later would mean that this was taking place in the 1990's. The time frame is shattered though when someone uses an iphone towards the end of the movie though. Basically everyone you expect to die does but not in the ways you expect. Alot of people didn't like one scene where a specific person falls down stairs and gets up and can't exactly run. This person fell down concrete stairs and everyone in the audience of the movie was like "Oh my gosh. Why isn't she running?" well let's see she just ate falling down some concrete stairs. The acting for all the characters was surprisingly good/above average and is probably one of the best horror movies I've seen in about 2 years. I don't recommend this movie to anyone who ever says the original is always better and all that bs. Expand
  5. Jan 7, 2013
    Critics, what can I say about them other then misleading and they probably didnt even see the movie or dont like horror movies and should not even be aloud to rate movies. some of the worst movies I have ever seen got high ratings from critics and low ratings from real people like you and me.
    Now for the truth. If you watched the last one you will flip over this one. What a story line. I not need to say anything else, it would ruin it for you. I wish I could rate this movie higher but it only goes up to 10. Edge of your seat movie, you will love it. Now go see it. As I am a horror freak. I turned 13 on the 13th on a Friday and went to see Friday The 13th, on my 13th Birthday. I'm in my upper 40s now. You can trust my ratings.
  6. Jan 5, 2013
    I hate that i am gonna say this but it was stupidly-comedic and hilarious. It's a fun movie actually, and as a fan, i find it very interesting to see if a 2012 type Texas Chainsaw will work and it did. No scare at all but i don't care, do you? 2 THUMBS UP!

1. Reviewed by: William Goss
    Feb 27, 2013
    The most frightening thing about the franchise at this point is that it just keeps on going, undaunted by the characteristics by which the first film made its name. Family is still family and a brand is still a brand, but the blade… well, it’s only grown dull.
    There's nothing thrilling about summarily dispatching everybody who isn't meant to survive to the credits, nothing entertaining about meathook, hatchet and chainsaw murdering that we've seen scores of times.
  3. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jan 9, 2013
    Stick around through the credits for an extra closing scene that leaves the door of Heather's new home wide open for a sequel.