5.3

1. Jun 15, 2012
    At this point Adam Sandler is just piling movies on top of movies that have fallen flat and have failed. This is one of those movies he can add to the pile, Thats My Boy is over hyped in both trailers and ads but really isn't special at all. Yes the film brings up good sentiments and some moments which are somewhat remotely funny but again falls flat with its crude and unsavory subject matter and material, over done with toilet humor and slapstick along with pervasive sexual humor which reaches a point were it isn't funny anymore and the overall feeling of the film which is rather annoying. Adam Sandler has spiraled down the drain to this level of film, I can say he has had great films in the past with "I Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" and "Don't Mess with the Zohan" but now its come to this and he has brought all the actors in his movie down with him. Expand
  2. Jun 15, 2012
    ok, we meet much Adam Sandler movies, but now appear that's my boy, and is a big disaster, same like Jack and Jill, have stupid jokes, terrible performances, Adam Sandler scream MUCH, and it's same that the other Sandler productions.
  3. Jun 16, 2012
    You will like this movie if:
    -You think raping kids is funny and/or cool.
    -You think parents who abuse their children are heroes, rather than criminal monsters.
    -You are homophobic and/or misogynistic and/or racist.

You will dislike this movie:
    -If you are a decent human being.
  4. Jun 19, 2012
    I really really love Adam Sandler. I'm huge fan of him. I have seen every single movie of him. But what is that movie and Jack and Jill. We all know Adam can do much better than this. He can't even act lately. What's wrong with him.... That guy in Punch-Drunk Love and Jack and Jill isn't same...
  5. Jun 15, 2012
    I don't know what the hell Sandler was thinking !! After movies like Just Go with It , Zookeeper , Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star & Jack and Jill ! these for movies was not just only the worst of 2011 these was one of the worst movies of all time . And anyone can add That's My Boy in that list . In every way the direction , acting , that horrible script That's My Boy just doesn't work at all . I used to like Sandler a but I'm proud to say "Not Anymore" !!! Expand
  6. Jun 15, 2012
    In every person's life comes the time where dignity outweighs a paycheck. For Adam Sandler, this will most likely be posthumously. In the past 5 years, he has stacked dead script upon dead script in an attempt to make a career funeral pyre so daunting even long-time fans stand dumbfounded. "That's my boy" is that crass aging uncle that comes to family gatherings asking children to pull his finger and making dirty joke behind sweaty pink bejeweled fingers. You would love for him to stop coming but everyone feels sorry for him and it's only once a year. Still, it's hard to watch someone needing attention so much. Expand
  7. Jun 17, 2012
    One of Adam Sandler's poorer effots. Nothing works as everything is forced. Just simply not a funny movie. In all honesty if you must see it do it quickly as it will be gone in 2 weeks.
  8. Jun 16, 2012
    Adam Sandler was good in Punch-Drunk Love. Because it was a Paul Thomas Anderson film, not an Adam Sandler "movie." Puerile and sophomoric (although that's giving too much credit...methinks it has not even approached third grade level, and even that is being generous), this would reduce any aggregate IQ score one may have, and might even enable the physical sensation of having one's very intellect and possibly even essence leeched away in a forcible manner.

Watching white paint dry on a white wall might hold more entertainment value and humor than this. Because at least with watching watching white paint dry on a white wall, you can at least laugh at yourself for choosing that over this. Laughing at this is tantamount to laughing at a funeral, because one might get an uneasy feeling that after many, many years of trying, American culture has finally and fully hit rock-bottom.
  9. Jun 21, 2012
    That's my boy, I have previewed the movie on-line, and so far it sucks the most of all movies, I ever previewed in my entire life. It doesn't make any sense. A love affair between a student and a teacher isn't even funny at all. He supposedly had raised this child, because his mother went off to prison for an underage relationship. Adam was meant to be the worst father ever. In the long run Adam's character is in deep debt and he looks into a news paper and discover his not too much older than him son has millions and is set to get married. He plans a bachelor party, with as usual, many of his closest friends and there are many half naked woman, showing off all their goods as the strippers and the morons around them are acting like a bunch of idiots, as usual. He got his son drunk, high and in trouble with his soon to be bride. He got his own son drunk and the son vomits on his soon to be wife's wedding dress, yuck. Besides the not so funny disgusting scene and filthy language, the bride to be isn't even a nice person, but a evil witch. Back to the father and son's age difference, Adam isn't even old enough to be that boy's father. Their not that far from tens years apart in age. The humor isn't even there and the whole storyline falls so flat, that it is so horrible. If it makes millions in ticket sales over the weekend, it is a real shock to me. Because I would never waste my money on this not so funny movie. The movie isn't funny at all, and no one who has the right mind would never, ever,dare waste their time and money to watch it. Watch out Oscars, because this movie will never dare to be nominated for anything you can handle. this is the worst movie of decades, and many more to come. Expand
  10. Jun 25, 2012
    This movie was vulgar, crude and absolutely disgusting. It was the worst movie I had ever seen. I can believe the Adam Sandler stooped to such a low. I am telling everyone I know not to waste their time or money on the diaster.
  11. Jun 15, 2012
    The movie wasn't that great. The mostly lowbrow humor with an occasional laugh is usually a result of some gross/disgusting scenerio. And personally after reading what seems like a new story every other day about some perverted teacher hooking up with a young student I find it pretty strange that they chose to show that in the film in some detail. Unless you have nothing better to do I'd wait for dvd/netflix. Expand
  12. Jan 24, 2013
    That's My Boy is an agonizing, sick, and twisted experience that has proven to me that Adam Sandler's career is beyond saving. I mean I thought this film could be an improvement over Jack and Jill because it wasn't directed by Dennis Dugan, but it proved to be one of the most agonizing and annoying films I have seen in a long time, and the worst film I have seen this year so far. I mean almost the entire film is jokes about genitals, sex, and masturbation. I thought Andy Samberg even had a chance to save it from being a total disaster, but he didn't improve the film at all. When watching the first 15 minutes of the film, I knew instantly that it was only going to get worse, and boy was I right. I actually want to thank Sandler in a way, he has shown me over the years how terrible a comedy can truly be, and I think this film proves that it's only going to get worse in the future. I have seen very few movies in my lifetime where every single character is completely unlikeable and creepy as the people in this film. As long as I have a single breath in my body, I will do everything in my power to never see this film again, and I don't recommend it to anyone on this earth or the next. Expand
  13. Jul 6, 2012
    I have a guilty pleasure for certain Sandler comedies (Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison and The Waterboy), which were all early films. Someone needs to tell this great comedian that the emperor is naked now. His last few movies have been so awful that I wonder who is advising him. There are laughs here but there are not enough and the ones that exist are not strong enough. This character was like an old burn out of any of the aforementioned movie characters. I wish someone would man up and tell Sandler when he is not funny. Sandler is sadly becoming Eddie Murphy. Expand
  14. Jun 19, 2012
    Pinky Luerssen
    That's My Boy with Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg is a typical raunchy, but funny film timed perfectly for a Summer opening. Adam fathers a child with his teacher in approximately 7th grade. His Mom spends her remaining years in jail and up until Andy's wedding the groom has secreted himself from his slob of a father. They do have their ups and downs, there's a lot of
    somewhat humorous sex and a very funny old lady. I wouldn't rush to see this - maybe the video rental is the best answer. It seems to me that clever Adam's taste in stories to film has slipped - a lot. If you like sleaze, please ignore anything negative I've said. Expand
  15. Jul 16, 2012
    This movie was just terrible. While I laughed a few times, it wasn't worth my time. The language was offensive and the lingo was overused and not necessary. The sexual theme was overdone and over the top. I will never see another Adam Sandler movie.
  16. Oct 9, 2012
    I used to love Adam Sandler, but the last thing I remember that was any good was Grown Ups. Funny People was not funny, I won't even mention Jack and Jill. but this film had an OKAY idea, but what a terrible execution. It wasn't funny, was mostly offensive and was kind of disgusting. I'm really surprised they were allowed to release this. Giving it 1/10 because it COULD have been good.
  17. May 18, 2013
    The best part of this movie are the Rex Ryan scenes, I `m a Pats fan so i`t was pretty funny. The movie has it`s unique moments, but after a bit I`t just becomes another Adam Sandler movie by going over the top. Most of his movies just try to be as crazy as possible.
  18. Mar 16, 2013
    Some of the scenes involving Rex Ryan I thought were funny, besides that this film continues in a long line of bad Adam Sandler comedies. So long to Billy Madison and The Wedding Singer.
  19. Nov 8, 2013
    After the piece of garbage Jack & Jill, Adam Sandler goes for another awful comedy involving pedophilia and terrible parenting.

Sandler is you annoying, retarded who wants to reconcile with his son who's mother was his former high school teach. That's right Sandler actually has sex with a teacher when he's sixteen. Whoever came up with the idea of making incest a good concept for a
    comedy.

His character is the same person in another terrible Happy Madison Production: Big Daddy. It's like he wanted to do a continuation and than scrapped it at the last minute. His voice sounded like he lifted it from Little Nicky and sounds like nails on a chalkboard in slow motion.

Every single joke is unfunny and don't even try to make any humour at all. Not even Andy Samberg's humour can save this roadkill of a comedy. The other cast members are wasted including James Caan and Susan Surandon.

Good thing that it became a box office flop and earned Sandler his third Worst Actor Golden Raspberry.
  20. Jun 5, 2013
    This is a point in Adam Sandler's career where he screwballish ideas are just a bunch of crap. This is one of them. The story is ridiculous and just unfunny. The characters are repulsive and plus, what's with Sandler's character's voice. That's got to be the dumbest voice I've ever heard. I hoped that this movie would eventually get better, but sadly it did not! The only good thing about this movie is that it wasn't as terrible as "Jack and Jill". But still, this was a mess. Overall, Sandler's losing it. Expand
  21. Mar 5, 2014
    Over the top, raunchy, crude, disgusting, horribly acted, racist, sexist: everything that makes an Adam Sandler movie an Adam Sandler movie. Take it or leave it.
  22. Mar 30, 2014
    Another unfunny comedy by Happy Madison and Adam Sandler proves to be another Sandler film with dying and repetitive humor the bores in more ways than just one.
  23. wwb
    May 31, 2014
    I started watching this movie because I like Adam Sandler. I quickly stopped it after stupid, inappropriate scenes. Why in the world does anyone have to make movies like this where a teacher is having sexual encounters with very young people. Is this not illegal? No wonder our world is the way it is.

1. Reviewed by: Chris Hewitt (1)
    Sep 3, 2012
    Not nearly as terrible as burped-out Sandler disasters of recent years, there's enough funny stuff here to remind us of his talent. Still, it's not for everyone.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Aug 30, 2012
    Adam Sandler stumbles into his own movie about 10 minutes into That's My Boy, and that's where the fun ends.
  3. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jun 20, 2012
    If you expect That's My Boy to be the Bad Dad equivalent of Bad Santa, you'll be sorely disappointed. Sandler can't quite adopt that same cynical edge, instead favoring corny and sentimental resolutions to untenable predicaments.