5.2

1. Oct 30, 2014
    Vanilla Ice is the only redeeming quality in this movie. Vanilla Ice is the only redeeming quality in this movie. Vanilla Ice is the only redeeming quality in this movie. Did I fill my 150 character quota yet? Good, because this movie is terrible. Read the first three sentences of this review to find out what I think of it.
  2. wwb
    May 31, 2014
    I started watching this movie because I like Adam Sandler. I quickly stopped it after stupid, inappropriate scenes. Why in the world does anyone have to make movies like this where a teacher is having sexual encounters with very young people. Is this not illegal? No wonder our world is the way it is.
  3. Apr 6, 2014
    I understand why critics hate this movie . yes it is gross the comedy is okay its weird , horrific , gross . but this film is okay . Grade C- ..............................
  4. Mar 30, 2014
    Another unfunny comedy by Happy Madison and Adam Sandler proves to be another Sandler film with dying and repetitive humor the bores in more ways than just one.
  5. Mar 5, 2014
    Over the top, raunchy, crude, disgusting, horribly acted, racist, sexist: everything that makes an Adam Sandler movie an Adam Sandler movie. Take it or leave it.
  6. Mar 3, 2014
    I think Adam Sandler makes funny movies and this one is definitely funny. If critics can hate your movies and you continue to make tons and tons of money. That's My Boy. I give this movie a 9 out of 10. Thanks for reading.
  7. Jan 28, 2014
    I actually started to think that this might be a funny movie starring Adam Sandler. I did laugh a few times, but by the end my opinion had changed. This is a dumb and brainless raunchy comedy disguised as a father and son bonding movie. Usually Sandler is juvenile, but juvenile as in childish and immature. That's My Boy is juvenile because pretty much every joke is about bodily excrement, nudity or excessively drinking alcohol. Every now and again Vanilla Ice turns up and makes you laugh a bit. The keywords in that sentence were "a bit". No moments made me laugh very loudly and when I did smirk it was a joke completely unconnected to the rest of story which is in the movie just to attract the easily satisfied. However it must be pretty hard to attempt to connect a joke to the story when the story almost does not exist. Not Sandlers worst (definitely Samberg's worst) but utterly pointless and really quite boring. Expand
  8. Dec 12, 2013
    Yeah, it's raunchy and controversial, but frickin' hilarious. I'd rather be entertained than educated. One of the great things about this film is it doesn't care what people think. Just does it anyway.
  9. Nov 29, 2013
    This is one of Sandler's better movies it is hilarious. It is way better than any of the crappy gay movies Will Ferrel makes. This is a hilarious movie if you are looking for a comedy but if you are looking for a serious movie this isn't it.
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    After the piece of garbage Jack & Jill, Adam Sandler goes for another awful comedy involving pedophilia and terrible parenting.

Sandler is you annoying, retarded who wants to reconcile with his son who's mother was his former high school teach. That's right Sandler actually has sex with a teacher when he's sixteen. Whoever came up with the idea of making incest a good concept for a
    comedy.

His character is the same person in another terrible Happy Madison Production: Big Daddy. It's like he wanted to do a continuation and than scrapped it at the last minute. His voice sounded like he lifted it from Little Nicky and sounds like nails on a chalkboard in slow motion.

Every single joke is unfunny and don't even try to make any humour at all. Not even Andy Samberg's humour can save this roadkill of a comedy. The other cast members are wasted including James Caan and Susan Surandon.

Good thing that it became a box office flop and earned Sandler his third Worst Actor Golden Raspberry.
  11. Jun 22, 2013
    A movie so embarrassingly tasteless and vulgar, however I can only judge it by what it was intended to do, and that was make you laugh, and it succeeded. I guess you just have to take it for what it was.
  12. Jun 5, 2013
    This is a point in Adam Sandler's career where he screwballish ideas are just a bunch of crap. This is one of them. The story is ridiculous and just unfunny. The characters are repulsive and plus, what's with Sandler's character's voice. That's got to be the dumbest voice I've ever heard. I hoped that this movie would eventually get better, but sadly it did not! The only good thing about this movie is that it wasn't as terrible as "Jack and Jill". But still, this was a mess. Overall, Sandler's losing it. Expand
  13. May 18, 2013
    The best part of this movie are the Rex Ryan scenes, I `m a Pats fan so i`t was pretty funny. The movie has it`s unique moments, but after a bit I`t just becomes another Adam Sandler movie by going over the top. Most of his movies just try to be as crazy as possible.
  14. May 12, 2013
    The movie is so unbelievably stupid and obnoxious but provides a decent amount of hilarious scenes to save itself from becoming a mind numbing disaster.
  15. Mar 28, 2013
    I liked this movie. I thought it was really funny. It's also a very good father-son movie, aside from the sexual content and the horrible language, so don't let your pre-teen see this. The only thing about this I thought could be better would be some of the acting and some of the jokes. They became more silly than funny at a couple points. But still, good movie.
  16. Mar 16, 2013
    Some of the scenes involving Rex Ryan I thought were funny, besides that this film continues in a long line of bad Adam Sandler comedies. So long to Billy Madison and The Wedding Singer.
  17. Feb 22, 2013
    Occasionally Adam Sandler channels his inner demons and goes back to his roots to make an unbelievably funny movie. Based on his recent track record, it's sometimes hard to remember, but when Adam Sandler is on, he is one of the funniest people alive, and That's My Boy is a prime example of it. This is hands down the funniest Sandler film I've seen in the last 10 years. The story follows a 13 year old boy, who becomes a national celebrity, after he knocks up his 7th grade teacher. Fast forward 20 years and that boy is a has-been, and his son is off the radar, but that's all about to change when dad sees a wedding notice in the newspaper. The movie isn't just funny, it's actually a pretty good story, and the cameos are amazing. I'm certainly not going to give anything away, but even if you're not a huge Sandler fan, the movie is worth watching just for the unbelievable cameos, by people I haven't seen in years. I went in hoping to see a classic Sandler movie and was not disappointed, this is one of the funniest movies of the year and you shouldn't miss it! Expand
  18. Jan 24, 2013
    That's My Boy is an agonizing, sick, and twisted experience that has proven to me that Adam Sandler's career is beyond saving. I mean I thought this film could be an improvement over Jack and Jill because it wasn't directed by Dennis Dugan, but it proved to be one of the most agonizing and annoying films I have seen in a long time, and the worst film I have seen this year so far. I mean almost the entire film is jokes about genitals, sex, and masturbation. I thought Andy Samberg even had a chance to save it from being a total disaster, but he didn't improve the film at all. When watching the first 15 minutes of the film, I knew instantly that it was only going to get worse, and boy was I right. I actually want to thank Sandler in a way, he has shown me over the years how terrible a comedy can truly be, and I think this film proves that it's only going to get worse in the future. I have seen very few movies in my lifetime where every single character is completely unlikeable and creepy as the people in this film. As long as I have a single breath in my body, I will do everything in my power to never see this film again, and I don't recommend it to anyone on this earth or the next. Expand
  19. Jan 2, 2013
    Nice movie to watch it once relaxing. Lots of jokes, Adam Sandler, Vanilla Ice (!!!). I've noticed that all of these stupid comedy movies bring some obvious but good ideas. This one's idea is about family values and love for parents and it's covered by a ton of toilet humor.
  20. Dec 29, 2012
    It is hard to find a comedy nowadays that can give genuine rip-snorting laughter but the writers and actors contained herein pull it off with an edginess that gives testimony to the fully realised talents of the stars. After several flops of recent times, Sandler finally fulfils the role he has angled at playing for so long and the storyline unleashes all the fun-filled fantasies that gratuitous "adults" will somehow find familiar, with a whole heapin' helpin' of absurd frivolity. Sandler positively shines and finds his element through the abundance of "dick jokes" and it makes all other films of the same genre look tame in comparison. If you're a jock, a rocker, a redneck or have the ability to see the comedy in every day life, then this will be a favourite for all-time.

Forget what the so-called professional critics and sad-sacks say, add this to your collection because you will want to watch it with your friends. I laughed my ass off!
  21. Dec 22, 2012
    A funny movie, but is very kinky and say many bad words.
  22. Dec 10, 2012
    Seriously underrated by critics. This is the hardest I have laughed at an Adam Sandler comedy in a long, long time. Only bad thing about this movie is the terrible accent Sandler uses for his character. Besides that, It was a pretty good and I am glad I gave it a chance.
  23. Nov 29, 2012
    Now this is more like it. Finally Adam Sandler goes back to the type of comedy that made him famous and leaves that little kid crap behind. Was this movie completely ridiculous? Was if full of profane language and crude humor? Was there needless dialogue and random cameos? Yes, yes, and yes. Would you want an Adam Sandler movie any other way? Hell no.
  24. Nov 22, 2012
    That's My Boy was a box office mess. The film was slammed by critics. So what? I don't see nothing wrong with the movie. As far as those tasteless reviews goes, I'm still a Adam Sandler fan and I think this is one of his better R-rated movies since Funny People. Very raunchy, very entertaining, I wonder if Andy Samberg could join Sandler in Grown-Ups 2. That would be awesome.
  25. Nov 5, 2012
    That's my boy is great trash. It's every dirty joke we ever thought up cranked out to the extreme. Yet even on top of all this shameful fun, it has some heart, perhaps not enough to bring it up from the trenches, but it still surprised me.
  26. Oct 17, 2012
    C'mon guys! This is top notch Sandler comedy! One of his best films in years. If you were one of many who were dissappointed by Jack and Jill, then don't be scared off. That's My Boy is funnier, constructed better, and more offensive than any Sandler production in years. The laughs are waaaaaaaaaay better here.
  27. Oct 17, 2012
    I'm a huge Adam Sandler fan and I absolutely love his comedies. I always look forward to the next Sandler film and this one was no different. I couldn't wait to see it. Now that I've finally seen it I can say that the movie, while having some funny moments, was actually a big disappointment for me. I was expecting it to be his funniest movies yet. It's a lot different from the rest of Sandler's films, it's his raunchiest yet and he drops the f-bombs for the first time in a long time, probably more times than he ever has before. Despite these differences they don't make the movie any funnier. Most of the jokes are predictable and I could see them coming WAY before they were made. Other times it's just not funny, only manages to get a little chuckle, or is just too gross. There were a few moments that did bring some genuine laugh out loud moments, but they were few and far between. It's a decent Sandler flick with some great cameos, and worth a rental for Sandler fans just to see him try something new, but don't expect anything that great. Expand
  28. Oct 9, 2012
    I used to love Adam Sandler, but the last thing I remember that was any good was Grown Ups. Funny People was not funny, I won't even mention Jack and Jill. but this film had an OKAY idea, but what a terrible execution. It wasn't funny, was mostly offensive and was kind of disgusting. I'm really surprised they were allowed to release this. Giving it 1/10 because it COULD have been good.
  29. Sep 30, 2012
    I really am a big fan and I love Adam Sandler and defend and seen some really bad reviews for this movie. Personally I think the latest movies of Adam Sandler lose their essence as such in Jack and Jill and grown ups, this movie did not expect much but I really loved it because it felt like one of the old movies of Adam Sandler
  30. Sep 18, 2012
    I, for one, am a big cyanide and happiness fan, and this is roughly in the same style of humor, so, to all you C&H fans out there, THIS IS DEFINITELY THE MOVIE FOR YOU!!!
  31. Sep 18, 2012
    Funny as hell, incest has never been so hilarious, or maybe it's just my sick mind, whatever works...
  32. Jul 31, 2012
    I don't know why all the negativity towards this film. It wasn't horrifyingly bad. I've seen worse movies, sure is this the best movie I've ever seen? Absolutely not. But is it one of the worst? No. In fact, I found the movie really got going towards the late middle / end of the film. Granted, that's a long wait for humor but I found it worth it. Lonely Island's Adam Sandberg (I believe?) played great and the connection him and Adam Sandler had was most definitely there. However, I found parts of the movie were missing and the movie went to fast in some parts; which would and will confuse some audiences. Also, I don't recommend going to see this movie with your mother; it's quite awkward. Anyway, I hope you take my review into consideration when going to rent this movie. Have a great day. Expand
  33. Jul 17, 2012
    Just erase Jack & Jill from your memory, because this movie makes up for it . Takes me back to Billy Madison days of Sandlers humor/ acting. ........
  34. Jul 16, 2012
    This movie was just terrible. While I laughed a few times, it wasn't worth my time. The language was offensive and the lingo was overused and not necessary. The sexual theme was overdone and over the top. I will never see another Adam Sandler movie.
  35. Jul 15, 2012
    i found the movie funny only thing bout it adam sandler thru out the movie is having drink not see him without it none the less it get irritating when he laugh thru movie could done whole lot better but the adam sandler son in movie he was good

but the whole vanilla ice man that guy still round i was shock...... but this movie like his other film let say one he dresses like woman in
    that film what was it name jack and jill and screaming whats up thru movie irritating

i thought this movie would be good like his early work like happy gilmore or water boy love those 2 but to this no i give it 5
  36. Jul 6, 2012
    I have a guilty pleasure for certain Sandler comedies (Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison and The Waterboy), which were all early films. Someone needs to tell this great comedian that the emperor is naked now. His last few movies have been so awful that I wonder who is advising him. There are laughs here but there are not enough and the ones that exist are not strong enough. This character was like an old burn out of any of the aforementioned movie characters. I wish someone would man up and tell Sandler when he is not funny. Sandler is sadly becoming Eddie Murphy. Expand
  37. Jul 4, 2012
    This was totally classic Adam Sandler! Brought back were the days of Happy Gilmore and Billy Maddison. The ensemble cast of former stars was also an incredible addition. If you grew up in the 80-90's you should LOVE this movie!
  38. Jun 25, 2012
    This movie was vulgar, crude and absolutely disgusting. It was the worst movie I had ever seen. I can believe the Adam Sandler stooped to such a low. I am telling everyone I know not to waste their time or money on the diaster.
  39. Jun 21, 2012
    That's my boy, I have previewed the movie on-line, and so far it sucks the most of all movies, I ever previewed in my entire life. It doesn't make any sense. A love affair between a student and a teacher isn't even funny at all. He supposedly had raised this child, because his mother went off to prison for an underage relationship. Adam was meant to be the worst father ever. In the long run Adam's character is in deep debt and he looks into a news paper and discover his not too much older than him son has millions and is set to get married. He plans a bachelor party, with as usual, many of his closest friends and there are many half naked woman, showing off all their goods as the strippers and the morons around them are acting like a bunch of idiots, as usual. He got his son drunk, high and in trouble with his soon to be bride. He got his own son drunk and the son vomits on his soon to be wife's wedding dress, yuck. Besides the not so funny disgusting scene and filthy language, the bride to be isn't even a nice person, but a evil witch. Back to the father and son's age difference, Adam isn't even old enough to be that boy's father. Their not that far from tens years apart in age. The humor isn't even there and the whole storyline falls so flat, that it is so horrible. If it makes millions in ticket sales over the weekend, it is a real shock to me. Because I would never waste my money on this not so funny movie. The movie isn't funny at all, and no one who has the right mind would never, ever,dare waste their time and money to watch it. Watch out Oscars, because this movie will never dare to be nominated for anything you can handle. this is the worst movie of decades, and many more to come. Expand
  40. Jun 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excluding the cliché parts, That's My Boy is actually a funny movie. I had my doubts about it but I was still going to watch and it actually is a plus movie.

It's nowhere near a perfect movie but it's one of the funniest Adam Sandler movies I have seen (and I have seen all Sandler movies).

The bachelor party scene was exactly as I pictured before watching it. Filled with strippers, alcohol, nudity, and there is a sex scene at the party, but it's not that graphic or prolonged.

Donny Berger (Adam Sandler) hit on his seventh grade teacher so many times that Ms. McGarricle (Eva Amurri Martino) finally had enough of the flirting. First day in detention Ms. McGarricle starts flirting back and eventually she takes him to her "teacher room" to....teach him things. They start having a fling and they're eventually caught and she goes to jail for thirty years while knocked up.

Thirty years pass and Donny has been famous for knocking up his teacher and has been too distracted to not pay taxes since '94. He's told if he doesn't pay 43,000 dollars at the end of the weekend then he must serve jail time.

He is forced to join up with his son, Todd Peterson AKA Han Solo Berger (Andy Samberg). Donny doesn't want to just get the money out of Todd, he wants to hang out with his son one last time.

That's My Boy is one big raunchy perverted joke....that I would listen to again and again. (Think about it)
  41. Jun 20, 2012
    Sure, it's lowbrow as hell, but I laughed consistently throughout, and the movie has a heart. Loved seeing some of the Grandma's Boy vets, and Vanilla Ice is terrific. If you're in doubt about seeing it, definitely DON"T. But if you've enjoyed some of Sandler's more raunchy stuff in the past - this is about as raunchy as he gets - go jump in.
  42. Jun 19, 2012
    I really really love Adam Sandler. I'm huge fan of him. I have seen every single movie of him. But what is that movie and Jack and Jill. We all know Adam can do much better than this. He can't even act lately. What's wrong with him.... That guy in Punch-Drunk Love and Jack and Jill isn't same...
  43. Jun 19, 2012
    Pinky Luerssen
    That's My Boy with Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg is a typical raunchy, but funny film timed perfectly for a Summer opening. Adam fathers a child with his teacher in approximately 7th grade. His Mom spends her remaining years in jail and up until Andy's wedding the groom has secreted himself from his slob of a father. They do have their ups and downs, there's a lot of
    somewhat humorous sex and a very funny old lady. I wouldn't rush to see this - maybe the video rental is the best answer. It seems to me that clever Adam's taste in stories to film has slipped - a lot. If you like sleaze, please ignore anything negative I've said. Expand
  44. Jun 18, 2012
    Is this a 9? Probably not, I'd say a solid C or 6/7 range, but i'll bump it up a little more because I was expecting terrible, and me and a friend greatly enjoyed this, plus so many people are trying to use big words in there reviews about why they hate this. This movie isn't meant to win any awards, its plot and cast voids it of that from the start, but what it's made for is to make you laugh with it's cliche's, absurd plot, and ridiculous characters. It's stupid and shock humor, which is perfect for me and my friends. It was a good laugh. Just watch it, let go of your thought, and laugh and stop hating so much in life. Is this movie really so bad it's worth getting so worked up about? No.. In fact it's completely worth watching. Expand
  45. Jun 18, 2012
    Adam Sandler does it again. Highly recommended for all ages. Funniest guy in the entertainment industry at the moment with all of these movie. Jack and Jill is another favorite of mine, be sure to check that out.
  46. Jun 17, 2012
    Awesome movie, very funny, wasnt a moment where I wasnt laughing. DO NOT listen to the critics on this movie because if you look in adam sandlers past all of his comedy roles got horrible reviews but theyve all been great movies. Please go see you will not be dissapointed!
  47. Jun 17, 2012
    One of Adam Sandler's poorer effots. Nothing works as everything is forced. Just simply not a funny movie. In all honesty if you must see it do it quickly as it will be gone in 2 weeks.
  48. Jun 17, 2012
    Imagine if the director of "The Hangover" never said, "Okay, that's too far." The resulting movie would be very close to this. If you loved that movie and you're willing to further degrade yourself as a human being, this will be the funniest movie, ever. It has just the right amount of funny moments, mixed with a decent storyline and character development to make it great to watch over and over.
  49. Jun 17, 2012
    Sadly many reviewers have jumped aboard the hand Adam Sandler bangwagon and this film is very underrated, That's my boy produce an absurd, outrageous and hilarious. Come into this movie with an open and relaxed mind and just enjoy a good comedy that does what comedies are suppose to do which is make you laugh. It is definitely one of the more enjoyable movies at the cinemas right now.
  50. Jun 16, 2012
    Adam Sandler was good in Punch-Drunk Love. Because it was a Paul Thomas Anderson film, not an Adam Sandler "movie." Puerile and sophomoric (although that's giving too much credit...methinks it has not even approached third grade level, and even that is being generous), this would reduce any aggregate IQ score one may have, and might even enable the physical sensation of having one's very intellect and possibly even essence leeched away in a forcible manner.

Watching white paint dry on a white wall might hold more entertainment value and humor than this. Because at least with watching watching white paint dry on a white wall, you can at least laugh at yourself for choosing that over this. Laughing at this is tantamount to laughing at a funeral, because one might get an uneasy feeling that after many, many years of trying, American culture has finally and fully hit rock-bottom.
  51. Jun 16, 2012
    You will like this movie if:
    -You think raping kids is funny and/or cool.
    -You think parents who abuse their children are heroes, rather than criminal monsters.
    -You are homophobic and/or misogynistic and/or racist.

You will dislike this movie:
    -If you are a decent human being.
  52. Jun 16, 2012
    The movie is everything the critics say: it's vulgar, tasteless, offensive, idiotic, and even depraved. Still, I laughed a lot and had a good time. I want a comedy to give me more, but this is adequate.
  53. Jun 16, 2012
    It's Adam Sandler doing what he does best. "That's My Boy" is low brow and very raunchy (don't take the kids), but we laughed most of the way through, If you're up for a guilty pleasure like this or need an 80's flashback, check it out. The all star (and has beens) cast was a nice surprise too.
  54. Jun 15, 2012
    The movie wasn't that great. The mostly lowbrow humor with an occasional laugh is usually a result of some gross/disgusting scenerio. And personally after reading what seems like a new story every other day about some perverted teacher hooking up with a young student I find it pretty strange that they chose to show that in the film in some detail. Unless you have nothing better to do I'd wait for dvd/netflix. Expand
  55. Jun 15, 2012
    In every person's life comes the time where dignity outweighs a paycheck. For Adam Sandler, this will most likely be posthumously. In the past 5 years, he has stacked dead script upon dead script in an attempt to make a career funeral pyre so daunting even long-time fans stand dumbfounded. "That's my boy" is that crass aging uncle that comes to family gatherings asking children to pull his finger and making dirty joke behind sweaty pink bejeweled fingers. You would love for him to stop coming but everyone feels sorry for him and it's only once a year. Still, it's hard to watch someone needing attention so much. Expand
  56. Jun 15, 2012
    ok, we meet much Adam Sandler movies, but now appear that's my boy, and is a big disaster, same like Jack and Jill, have stupid jokes, terrible performances, Adam Sandler scream MUCH, and it's same that the other Sandler productions.
  57. Jun 15, 2012
    At this point Adam Sandler is just piling movies on top of movies that have fallen flat and have failed. This is one of those movies he can add to the pile, Thats My Boy is over hyped in both trailers and ads but really isn't special at all. Yes the film brings up good sentiments and some moments which are somewhat remotely funny but again falls flat with its crude and unsavory subject matter and material, over done with toilet humor and slapstick along with pervasive sexual humor which reaches a point were it isn't funny anymore and the overall feeling of the film which is rather annoying. Adam Sandler has spiraled down the drain to this level of film, I can say he has had great films in the past with "I Pronounce you Chuck and Larry" and "Don't Mess with the Zohan" but now its come to this and he has brought all the actors in his movie down with him. Expand
  58. Jun 15, 2012
    Adam Sandler movies have often been a mixed bag. For every
  59. Jun 15, 2012
    I don't know what the hell Sandler was thinking !! After movies like Just Go with It , Zookeeper , Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star & Jack and Jill ! these for movies was not just only the worst of 2011 these was one of the worst movies of all time . And anyone can add That's My Boy in that list . In every way the direction , acting , that horrible script That's My Boy just doesn't work at all . I used to like Sandler a but I'm proud to say "Not Anymore" !!! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Chris Hewitt (1)
    Sep 3, 2012
    Not nearly as terrible as burped-out Sandler disasters of recent years, there's enough funny stuff here to remind us of his talent. Still, it's not for everyone.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Aug 30, 2012
    Adam Sandler stumbles into his own movie about 10 minutes into That's My Boy, and that's where the fun ends.
  3. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Jun 20, 2012
    If you expect That's My Boy to be the Bad Dad equivalent of Bad Santa, you'll be sorely disappointed. Sandler can't quite adopt that same cynical edge, instead favoring corny and sentimental resolutions to untenable predicaments.