6.5

1. Alam
    Sep 6, 2007
    An intelligent, very well conceived documentary. It deserved a wider audience.
  2. Daniel
    Sep 8, 2007
    Along with "No End In Sight," one of the best documentaries during the last years.
  3. PaulF.
    Apr 20, 2008
    I just finished watching the 11 Hour last night and my impressions were that the wide host of interviewees not only appropriate touched on all the necessary points but that they were amazingly articulate and interesting as well. The Documentary also has some fantastic but often horrific images. These really hit home what those being interviewed had to say. After a while it got a little I just finished watching the 11 Hour last night and my impressions were that the wide host of interviewees not only appropriate touched on all the necessary points but that they were amazingly articulate and interesting as well. The Documentary also has some fantastic but often horrific images. These really hit home what those being interviewed had to say. After a while it got a little doom and gloom and I was wondering when they were going to get to the solutions providing a glimmer of hope. Not only did they do this but they gave more time to it than many documentaries on the subject which all to often only lightly touch upon the subject in the last few minutes. That is my biggest problem with the Inconvenient Truth. The 11th Hour also has a whole bonus section entirely devoted to solutions which I thought incredibly wise and will probably have a much greater effect because of it. Though I am thankful Dicaprio produced this timely film unfortunately I think he was the weakest link in it. I felt either a different narrator or none at all would have been best. Overall still it is a must see in my book and I am thankful we have yet another wonderful environmental documentary out there. Expand
  4. Enrique
    Sep 5, 2007
    Excellent! One of the most important movies later.
  5. ChrisB.
    Apr 20, 2008
    I am giving this film a perfect score based purely on the depth and insight of the message. I am surprised by some of the negative reviews of this film and I can only guess that some people were unaware that it was a documentary. If you enjoyed An Inconvenient Truth even the smallest bit, then this is a must see.

1. It isn’t much of a movie (unless your aesthetic was formed in high-school science class), but it will be hugely informative to aliens who land on this planet in a thousand years and wonder why there’s no welcoming committee.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Presents the viewer with reams of depressing data, loads of hand-wringing about the woeful state of humanity and, finally, some altogether fascinating ideas about how to go about solving the climate crisis.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike D'Angelo
    A cautionary eco-doc so earnest and moth-eaten it should properly be seen on filmstrip during fourth-period social studies.