Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: June 11, 2010
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 309 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Mr.TJun 11, 2010
In my opinon, the extravagance and hilarity in this movie outweigh the lack of a subtantial plot, and as such the lack of devotion to carrying through with an overtly complex allows a slick comedic sense to be inserted into the movie. In my opinon, the extravagance and hilarity in this movie outweigh the lack of a subtantial plot, and as such the lack of devotion to carrying through with an overtly complex allows a slick comedic sense to be inserted into the movie. Overall a great "mans" adventure that will appeal to a specific demographic. Harshly reviewed by the critics, but nonetheless, a great film. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
andy7456Aug 13, 2010
Great! Ridiculously misunderstood by the critics! Has its tongue firmly in its cheek and is carried off with wit and sly self deprecation. If academic depth was what they came looking for, then why did they come here?
MartyJOct 16, 2010
Now I can remember as a child sitting with my dad and watching the A-Team and loving it and then watching it again in my late teens on bravo and still enjoying it but realising an action series where only 2 people die in the whole thing isNow I can remember as a child sitting with my dad and watching the A-Team and loving it and then watching it again in my late teens on bravo and still enjoying it but realising an action series where only 2 people die in the whole thing is not really that hardcore. This being said this remake had the worrying start of a franchise where every episode they blow up cars but everyone gets out ok and making a flame-thrower out of a butane bottle and a cigar. Now this film is no where near this and is only the A-Team in spirit and this is no bad thing. Take this for what it is a re-branding of the A-Team to modern standards and if you watch it in this frame of mind then it becomes a good, witty action film, there are some one liners in the film which are pure laugh out loud class. There are all the subtle nuances which are from the original series and all the jokes between the characters are still there, but this is by no means and important part so if you've not seen the series it won't hurt you. There are some issues with it if you really want to be critical the portrayal of BA my second favourite character to Dwight Schultz Murdock is a little light, he's great in the action but the philosophy bit gets in the way, in one scene he is quoting Ghandi and then in the next beating down on one of the bad guys. Casting on the whole is very good Liam Neeson is good as usual and seems to be in everything at the moment.

So all in all a very enjoyable film worth watching for anyone. Action From Start to Finish and it doesn't let up much apart from where it needs to. 8/10
ZokopopsJan 26, 2011
Was a huge fan of the original series and this movie did not disappoint me. Just don't take it seriously. Explosions and oneliners its what its all about. The decent story surprised me a bit. Just a fun movie without trying to be anything else.
limabeansApr 29, 2011
The critics have definitely got this one wrong. It's easy to figure out that this movie does not take itself seriously. At all. And in that respect, it is brilliantly executed. It doesn't try to replicate the TV show, but appropriately paysThe critics have definitely got this one wrong. It's easy to figure out that this movie does not take itself seriously. At all. And in that respect, it is brilliantly executed. It doesn't try to replicate the TV show, but appropriately pays homage to it. Easily an eight out of ten. Expand
stevenAug 5, 2010
I am not saying your life will not be complete without watching this one movie but your life will not be complete without watching this movie. Action from the first minute 'til the last with a sprinkling of comedy thrown in. All the insideI am not saying your life will not be complete without watching this one movie but your life will not be complete without watching this movie. Action from the first minute 'til the last with a sprinkling of comedy thrown in. All the inside jokes from the tv series have been deftly intertwined in a smartly packaged, entertaining showing. Expand
Forrestgump1Oct 9, 2010
"The A-Team , is one action packed thrill ride that never stops , it's Awesome , it never let's up , which make it all the more fun , i loved the acting and the humor was perfect, and the casting spot on!... Love it when a plan comes together" .. A
grandpajoe6191Sep 27, 2011
The movie "The A-Team" is what you would suspect it to be; a movie that packs 3 seasons of the A-team TV series into 119 minutes. As expected, it fails.
LondonTrueloveNov 10, 2010
A great movie with a solid cast. Had a lot of action sprinkled with a bit of comedy from time to time. Saw it in theaters and wasn't disappointed. I'd recommend watching
RainbowDenixJun 23, 2016
Один из самых лучших боевиков что я видел спецэффекты,сюжет,актерская игра да и сами актеры,все на высоте!
TSJun 22, 2010
Hilarious.
1 of 3 users found this helpful
shaunmedJan 10, 2011
Yet another movie that can't figure out if it's action, comedy, or drama and winds up doing none of them well. This was obviously purely a venture for making money from an 80's icon. Unentertaining and and soulless.
AdanRJun 25, 2010
As fun action movies go, this did its job well.
alexandergJun 14, 2010
It was fun and action packed im sure my era of fans felt like a kid again watchn it. it was every bit of similarity of the original series.
JamieC.Jun 11, 2010
Lots of explosions and dizzying action but too little thought given to story details. Has some laughs.
BobF.Jun 11, 2010
The jerky camera work is maddening, the plot murky, and the movie just too long. The key to enjoying this piece of schlock is to keep one's expectations low.
alanoJun 17, 2010
This is similar to the TV series this film is based on. This adaption is yet somewhat better.
JasonKJun 17, 2010
Not sure which was worse. The movie or the TV show.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
J.C.SJun 22, 2010
This movie was AWESOME...with a red highlighted A!!! It was fun, over the top, ridiculous action with great characters that provided a good amount of comedic relief without turning the movie into a parody. Sharlto Copley in particular standsThis movie was AWESOME...with a red highlighted A!!! It was fun, over the top, ridiculous action with great characters that provided a good amount of comedic relief without turning the movie into a parody. Sharlto Copley in particular stands out among the cast proving that District 9 wasn't just a fluke...this guy is someone to watch out for and i hope to see him in MANY more movies in the future. My only real problem was the fact that some action scenes were shot too dark and too close...other than that GREAT movie...NOW GO OUT AND SEE IT FOOS!!! Expand
rachitAug 15, 2010
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a reasonable movie .... watch it !!..................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
Vicki_t2702Aug 28, 2010
Now I wonder what word could possibly replace the A in A-Team? Amazing? It's a bit too flattering. Adventurous? Hardly. I think the word I'm looking for is adequate. Despite the generous amount of explosions and gun fighting scenes, the filmNow I wonder what word could possibly replace the A in A-Team? Amazing? It's a bit too flattering. Adventurous? Hardly. I think the word I'm looking for is adequate. Despite the generous amount of explosions and gun fighting scenes, the film was portrayed in a way that at times became confusing, such as the planning of an attack which was illustrated at the same time. It felt like an anti-climax that we didn't receive the usual build up of plan, action and consequence, but instead skipped the action which is something I thought the A-Team would be packed with.

Don't get me wrong, from the very beginning we watch Face (Bradley Cooper) being saved by fellow team mates Hannibal (Liam Neeson) and B.A.Baracus (Quinton "Rampage" Jackson), so we are thrown right into a pit of destruction. I think it was a useful idea to introduce the characters slowly one by one, as not everyone is familiar with the 80's TV series the film was based on, and director Joe Carnahan definitely made a fine selection of actors to take up the roles. However, considering the hype made for this film including all those stupid Orange adverts before any film in the cinema, I was thoroughly confused and annoyed midway through at B.A becoming anti-violent and quoting Gandhi. If you were expecting a macho film, think again, Bradley Cooper's torso may say differently but the fact that one character loses the heart to kill anyone is quite deflating.

Some of the action was a little unrealistic, particularly the flying tank scene, which in all fairness did land in a lake but really, what are the chances? I know the A-Team have to appear perfect but surely one little hiccup wouldn't have hurt. On the other hand, the closing scenes of the dockyard domino-effect showdown was spectacular to watch, and very cleverly thought out by the big brains of the team, Liam Neeson. I thought Neeson gave a genuinely strong performance, similar to the role in Taken (2008) where he must take initiative, but completely opposite to his solitary role in Love Actually (2003), reflecting his ability as an actor to accept different emotional characters. The additional romantic plot within the film wasn't really needed between Bradley Cooper and Jessica Biel, it just felt too awkward although I guess it makes this supposed action packed blockbuster more appealing to the feminine audience being dragged along by their other halves. On the up side, seeing as I am awarding this film three stars, and this means I neither loved or hated it, there were some worthy comical moments particularly between B.A and Murdock (Sharlto Copley). The action is drawn over several locations, and these were displayed in text so the audience did not lose their footing, something I always appreciate in action films such as The Losers. However, the editing did not always assist the action and I found myself becoming disorientated with it all a bit too often.

Unfortunately I have to say, and please don't cringe, this plan didn't quite come together. It was worth the watch, but undoubtedly not predicted the best action film this year, at least by myself anyway
TV-TasticSep 21, 2010
http://tvtastic.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/the-a-team-film-2010/ I need to start off this review by pointing out the film's biggest flaw. No, it's not the fact that it's another example Hollywood being lazy and rebooting another classichttp://tvtastic.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/the-a-team-film-2010/ I need to start off this review by pointing out the film's biggest flaw. No, it's not the fact that it's another example Hollywood being lazy and rebooting another classic franchise, it's not the fact that Mr. T is nowhere to be seen, it's not even the fact that whole movie is just another in a long line of predictable action flicks. No, the biggest flaw in this movie is one person: Jessica Biel.

The young lady can't act, plain and simple and she's poorly cast in every single film she's in. Seriously, is the audience truly supposed to believe that she's not only an officer in the U.S. Army but a Special Forces-type who they actually put in charge of things? Now this wouldn't even be an issue if she were routinely in exceptional films that could withstand her brand of crap or even if she were in truly awful films where should could just blend right into the scenery but she never is. She's always in these borderline-good films and she's always a freakin' anchor that pushes a decent film into the realm of crap-tastic. Honestly, the only kind of films that she should be doing are the ones that involve hand-held cameras, minimal dialog and the obligatory pool boy. The problem she has, though, is that there a thousand other chicks in that particular film industry who look exactly like she does.

That being said, fortunately you experience 20 minutes of phenomenal frenetic action before we even see her dopey self so the damage she normally causes is mitigated. Other than Biel, the only two major flaws in this film are Liam Neeson's inability to pull-off an American accent and of course, the ridiculous "flying tank" scene which is oddly reminiscent of the beyond-retarded F-35 jet scene in Live Free or Die Hard and in both cases I recommend fast-forwarding through them or leaving the room and pretending they never happened.

But, honestly, The A-Team is exactly what you'd expect it to be and surprisingly it doesn't suck because of that. It's obviously a reboot and it's been modernized for 2010, but the casting was excellent (despite Neeson's accent issues) and the characters were written very true to their TV counterparts from the 1980's, and in fact (and people are going to hate me for saying this) maybe even a little deeper and a little better.

The action sequences in this film are fantastic (albeit a little on the unbelievable side at times) the villains are entertaining and there's enough classic A-Team nostalgia thrown in to make even those most skeptical fan appreciate this new take (yes, they do go all MacGyver more than once, just like they did regularly on the show). I think the main reason all of this works is because Stephen J. Cannell is the top-billed producer and it's obvious he was there to make sure that his baby was taken care of.

The dialog is clever and decently written and the film moves at a very good pace and I could think of a lot less fun ways to spend 117 minutes. Is it going to win any Oscars? No, but it is certainly one of the best action films I have seen this year. I hate to say this, but the way this film was done, with the deference and reverence shown to the source material is very reminiscent of last year's mega-hit Star Trek and yes, I would know. And rest assured, like Star Trek, it was made very clear at the end of this film that this won't be the last time we'll be seeing these beloved characters on the big screen.
BairdoOct 8, 2010
Before the credits even, Hannibal pulls a gun on B.A. in order to jack his famous van. The guy playing B.A. then spews a cracker barrel line that sets the tone for the rest of the film..."What is this, opposite day?". That abysmal line wasBefore the credits even, Hannibal pulls a gun on B.A. in order to jack his famous van. The guy playing B.A. then spews a cracker barrel line that sets the tone for the rest of the film..."What is this, opposite day?". That abysmal line was tapping me on the shoulder for the rest of the film. How on earth did it make it past the first re-write? If they make a movie out of ALF or My Two Dads, I'll know better. Actually if they make ALF I'll watch that S**t Expand
DukeNov 2, 2010
A Film Review by: Sam Fragoso

"The A-Team" *1/2 I don't even know where to start with Joe Carnahan's A-Team. First thing is it's extremely sloppy, it doesn't know what it wants to be, at first it's a tale of four men on a mission next it's
A Film Review by: Sam Fragoso

"The A-Team"

*1/2

I don't even know where to start with Joe Carnahan's A-Team. First thing is it's extremely sloppy, it doesn't know what it wants to be, at first it's a tale of four men on a mission next it's a love story between Cooper and Biel. The two don't mix well and it really shows. The sad thing is for the first half of the movie I would of said see it, but honestly the last half really destroyed the whole plot line and it turned this film into a "formula" action movie, which is very disappointing. Let me just make this clear, if your one of those people who enjoy cars blowing up and people dying all over the place then you may "mildly" like this film. I have nothing against action but there is definitely such a thing as overkill and that's what they do here. I will give props to Neeson and Cooper who did a good job, but the scrip falters half way through and even the talented actors on screen can't save The A-Team, I say skip it.
NazguleroNov 22, 2012
Just awful. I watched this movie on a transatlantic flight, and I was just utterly stunned how bad it was. Easily the worst flick of 2010. Who is responsible for the terrible script ? Who greenlights this crap ?
juliankleissJan 13, 2011
Criticism of Blackwater mercenaries in the Iraq war (as well as in New Orleans after Katrina), and ideas about a financial crisis come together to form a little conspiracy. Unexpectedly funny. Fast-paced action entertainment.
KevinPJun 16, 2010
The village voice review is garbage. They apparently did not see the same movie. Worth the watch! Buying as soon as it comes out! A-team was dead on! Good action and Funny! Not alot to follow in it, pretty easy. Excellent movie. Highly The village voice review is garbage. They apparently did not see the same movie. Worth the watch! Buying as soon as it comes out! A-team was dead on! Good action and Funny! Not alot to follow in it, pretty easy. Excellent movie. Highly advise you watch! Expand
ColinJun 20, 2010
A damn good movie! The prolouge is a little long but overall one kick ass movie!
JeffWJun 23, 2010
Beyond bad. This is what films in the 21st century have come to. Just awful.
MikeWJun 11, 2010
The A-Team is a loud, action-packed movie held together by strong performances from the main cast. It's very funny at times, but some of the story gets lost in its own humor.
JuhSJun 13, 2010
Loved the movie, it has humour, good actors and most importantly, the movie has a storyline throughout the movie.
jeds.Jun 14, 2010
This movie was down right epic.
JesseAJun 14, 2010
This movie was totally entertaining from start to finish. It looses a point only for it's very predictable plot. One thing I loved about this movie more than other remakes such as Dukes of Hazard and Starsky and Hutch is that The A-Team This movie was totally entertaining from start to finish. It looses a point only for it's very predictable plot. One thing I loved about this movie more than other remakes such as Dukes of Hazard and Starsky and Hutch is that The A-Team felt very faithful to the series that birthed it, while still being entertaining and fun to watch. Expand
ToddBJun 15, 2010
A blast from start to finish. GO SEE THIS MOVIE!
damonh.Jun 21, 2010
Awesome is a word use many times in describing a movie and a hate that word, but this movie is AWESOME!
JenRJun 23, 2010
Thoroughly unbelievable, but hilarious. I especially liked Copley's performance.
AlanGJun 11, 2010
Totally awesome!!
MichaelT.Jun 12, 2010
Critics are far too unforgiving. The A-Team is far better than most other summer blockbusters right now because it doesn't take itself too seriously I laughed plenty of times and acknowledge that yes, the action was over the top- just Critics are far too unforgiving. The A-Team is far better than most other summer blockbusters right now because it doesn't take itself too seriously I laughed plenty of times and acknowledge that yes, the action was over the top- just the way it should be. Expand
WallyH.Jun 13, 2010
It was one of only a few good movies this summer so far
KH.Jun 13, 2010
My entire family LOVED this movie! We will definitely go see it again and buy the dvd. Can not imagine what the critics were thinking that did not like it!
HishamI.Jun 13, 2010
This movie was a blast. It is the type of movie were you turn your mind off at the door and just enjoy the ride. The characters are amazing and really funny. I felt Bradley Cooper and Sharto Copley did a phenomenal job with their respective This movie was a blast. It is the type of movie were you turn your mind off at the door and just enjoy the ride. The characters are amazing and really funny. I felt Bradley Cooper and Sharto Copley did a phenomenal job with their respective characters and Liam Neeson was a perfect fit as hannible. Rampage also did a fine job. Anyways, this movie is just a blast, but if you are looking for things that usually make a great movie like an amazing story then you are in the wrong place, because this movie is just made to keep you entertained and it never takes itself to seriously. So I feel it is a must see. Expand
TheSwamiJun 13, 2010
Absolutely awesome if a) you loved the original series like i did and/or b) you aren't looking for a deep-thinking movie but true summer popcorn fare instead! one of the few reboots/remakes of an original movie/series that I thought Absolutely awesome if a) you loved the original series like i did and/or b) you aren't looking for a deep-thinking movie but true summer popcorn fare instead! one of the few reboots/remakes of an original movie/series that I thought improved upon the old and yet was true to it's heritage and roots. well done! Expand
JeffF.Jun 14, 2010
Just like the TV show only bigger and louder.
AustinR.Jun 14, 2010
Way too long, but still awesome.
RenoW.Jun 14, 2010
Best non-comic action movie I've seen in a long time, and I'm not even nostalgic about the series.
RobbieA.Jun 14, 2010
So many of the "professional reviewers" say they didn't think there was enough plot or character development...what more do you really need to know?? This movie has so many one-lines my buddies and I have been laughing for days!! HOLLYWOOD!!
ChrisJun 14, 2010
I really, really enjoyed this movie. It hit all the right notes and was so absurd that it created a tune all its own.
michaelac.Jun 15, 2010
I loved this movie i dont care what the critics say it had all the elements. seriously i am a girl i thought i wouldnt like it but it was so cool =]. it was so funny when mad murdock said ?you smell like gas" and set him on fire . and when I loved this movie i dont care what the critics say it had all the elements. seriously i am a girl i thought i wouldnt like it but it was so cool =]. it was so funny when mad murdock said ?you smell like gas" and set him on fire . and when bad attitude baracus took his beanie off and and showed his mohawk i was like yay and hi-fived my friend. Expand
CliffBJun 15, 2010
I would have given it a 10, but the editing made some of the action scenes a bit too manic. Other reviewers have covered the movie well, so I don't feel like I need to add much more than that. But in a summer that has so far only I would have given it a 10, but the editing made some of the action scenes a bit too manic. Other reviewers have covered the movie well, so I don't feel like I need to add much more than that. But in a summer that has so far only produced one other decent action flick (Iron Man II), I feel inclined to rate this a 19 more so than 9. Expand
BradySJun 16, 2010
The movie attempted to be clever, and failed at it miserably. Bradley Cooper did his very best to shed a little comedic light on this overall very dark movie.
EricJun 18, 2010
Some movies you watch for the story or the acting. And some you watch just for the fun. THIS WAS FUN! Even if you never saw the 80's TV show, I can't imagine a better homage to it than this. I pity the fools who walked out during Some movies you watch for the story or the acting. And some you watch just for the fun. THIS WAS FUN! Even if you never saw the 80's TV show, I can't imagine a better homage to it than this. I pity the fools who walked out during the credits and didn't see the original star cameos. And just like the original: tons of guns, tons of bullets, NOBODY gets hit! LOL Expand
NathanD.Jun 21, 2010
Waste of money. The script was terrible - there were some funny parts but so cliche and bland that the action gets lost. Rampage doesn't even speak English half of the time. Lame.
BillK.Jun 11, 2010
I base my reviews on how memorable the movie will be and how much fun it was to watch it. This will be in my mind for awhile.
LarryL.Jun 11, 2010
The special effects were noticeably fake, however, the movie was very fun. Just don't take everything too seriously and you will really enjoy this movie.
DamonP.Jun 11, 2010
The movie was all around great, i wasn't bored once. I'm pretty picky when it comes to movies and expected a decent film but it turned out to be Amazing. The acting was of course great, the action was amazing, and the movie kept me The movie was all around great, i wasn't bored once. I'm pretty picky when it comes to movies and expected a decent film but it turned out to be Amazing. The acting was of course great, the action was amazing, and the movie kept me laughing ( in a good way). My wife and I greatly enjoyed this movie and would easily pay money to see it again. Expand
billj.Jun 12, 2010
Boring, bad storyline, bad cast of characters.
KirstenF.Jun 12, 2010
Fun summer movie. More entertaining than a lot of the other schlock out there right now.
TheChosenOneJun 12, 2010
I found this movie awesome and action packed. Never is there a dull moment.
ChristopherJun 12, 2010
Highly entertaining popcorn flick.
MartinD.Jun 13, 2010
Fun ride.
ScottF.Jun 13, 2010
The perfect summer action movie! I'm not sure why there are mixed reviews on this. It delivers what a good action movie should. Excellent tribute to the original show. I hope word of mouth gets this movie going - because it needs a sequel!
RaoGungJun 14, 2010
This is summer blockbuster entertainment. I think critics forgot how to have fun at movies lately and have too high an expectation on action movies. Yo critics, summer action movies are not supposed to win Oscars, they're supposed to be This is summer blockbuster entertainment. I think critics forgot how to have fun at movies lately and have too high an expectation on action movies. Yo critics, summer action movies are not supposed to win Oscars, they're supposed to be fun. And this was fun. Expand
JustinEJun 14, 2010
How can people not like this movie? It is a ton of fun and a lot funnier than I thought it would be. LOL @ people who didn't like it because of the plot. It is an A-Team movie you idiots, it's all about action and it delivered.
jordanSJun 16, 2010
Thus movie was awesome, murdock was absolutely amazing!
ChadS.Jun 19, 2010
During a St. Louis fundraiser in 2004, New York Senator Hillary Clinton would prove that she lacked an important quality essential to being the lynchpin of a political A-team who could win her party's ticket at our most recent During a St. Louis fundraiser in 2004, New York Senator Hillary Clinton would prove that she lacked an important quality essential to being the lynchpin of a political A-team who could win her party's ticket at our most recent Democratic National Convention. That quality was feet. If the former first lady had them, and the law-breaking physicality of an Adam Sandler in Dennis Dugan's "You Don't Mess with the Zohan", she would have most certainly been advised to insert either foot into her mouth, or better yet, attempted to knock herself out with Zohan-like malleability, prior to the current administration's secretary of state from inexplicably joking about Mahatma Gandhi's suppositional gas station in Missouri. Too soon? Gandhi, so it happens, once again, turns up in the strangest places, turns up in "The A-Team", the most unlikely of contexts, when B.A. Barascus(Quinton "Rampage" Jackson), incarcerated for his mercenary ways, is found reading the peaceable teachings of India's preeminent political(and spiritual) figure from the last century, on a bus headed back to prison. With an ongoing mission still in midstream, Hannibal(Liam Neeson) has little receptivity for pacifism, so he bamboozles B.A. by misconstruing Gandhi's non-violent rhetoric for the good of the unit, and by extension, the good of the country. He makes Gandhi sound like Malcolm X, informing his fellow army ranger that the Indian leader "wasn't afraid to fight for something he believed in," inferring that Gandhi would resist dominion over his soul "by all means necessary," just like the black nationalist who was gunned down in 1965. B.A. has a copy of "Tolerance and Compassion", not "The Autobiography of Malcolm X", which simultaneously avoids racial stereotyping, but works as a relevant metaphor in the sphere of contemporary politics. Throughout Barack Obama's bid for the presidency, the right made a concerted effort to out the outgoing senator from Illinois as a Muslim, whose religion of Islam would seem the better fit for a soldier of fortune like B.A., than Hinduism. When Barascus(a name that phonetically sounds similar to "Barack") takes the razor to his head, he, like Clinton, desecrates Gandhi's memory by choosing his old Mohawk(which denotes war) over his professed hero's inclination towards baldness. The hairstyle, popularized by Washington Redskin fullback John Riggins and punk rockers, has its roots in the Mohawk Valley of, coincidentally, Upstate New York, which ties Barascus(a possible Obama double) to Clinton, creating an accidental pro-conservative subtext. Expand
JSetJun 24, 2010
Saw it toiday, and it was a good movie. Although it wasn't the best movie, the critics are just idiots. Down to earth realists, sometimes I wonder if they have one too many beers or wine before they see a film. This film can be better Saw it toiday, and it was a good movie. Although it wasn't the best movie, the critics are just idiots. Down to earth realists, sometimes I wonder if they have one too many beers or wine before they see a film. This film can be better than the tear-jerking dramas because this movie is fun. Case closed. Expand
LukeWJun 25, 2010
Ok first of all when you're critiquing a movie don't look at the script and all that shit, you have to say hm was the audience pleased with or not? Yeah your going to get some people out there that are all gun ho for the story line Ok first of all when you're critiquing a movie don't look at the script and all that shit, you have to say hm was the audience pleased with or not? Yeah your going to get some people out there that are all gun ho for the story line and how well the movie was written but what people forget right now is that the majority of people love explosions, action and comedy. The movie could be so well written but if it doesn't involve something that humans crave then it is going to get a terrible rating. so yes you could say people are dumbing movies down but in my opinion to be a could writer and producer you have to know what the people want. Expand
Lopez17Aug 11, 2010
"The A-Team"(1983-1987) was one of televisions most popular shows for its time it told the story of three Vietnam soldiers; Col. John " Hannibal" Smith, Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Sergeant Bosco " B.A." Baracus who during the last"The A-Team"(1983-1987) was one of televisions most popular shows for its time it told the story of three Vietnam soldiers; Col. John " Hannibal" Smith, Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Sergeant Bosco " B.A." Baracus who during the last days of the war are tasked by there commanding officer Col. Morrison with robbing a bank in Hanoi They succeeded in their mission, but on returning to their base four days after the end of the war, they found their C.O. murdered by the Viet Cong and his headquarters burned to the ground. Therefore, no proof existed that the A-Team were acting under orders, and they were sent to prison by a military court. They were sent to Fort Bragg, from which they quickly escaped before standing trial. Director Joe Carnahanâ Expand
SusanoAug 25, 2010
A bit of an odd choice for a series revival, even in movie-form, though while it's entirely pointless, with a nonsensical plot and a ridiculous disregard for physics, it has several laughs, decent action scenes and...thats it really.A bit of an odd choice for a series revival, even in movie-form, though while it's entirely pointless, with a nonsensical plot and a ridiculous disregard for physics, it has several laughs, decent action scenes and...thats it really. Reasonably good, if stupid and unnecessary. Expand
DAVID1966Jan 19, 2011
Fun and unassuming. You know it's not a dramatic story you'll remember the rest of your life, you know it's going to be fun and adventurous, and it delivers. Comedy, decent story, lots of explosions and chases and gunshots and action ...Fun and unassuming. You know it's not a dramatic story you'll remember the rest of your life, you know it's going to be fun and adventurous, and it delivers. Comedy, decent story, lots of explosions and chases and gunshots and action ... just what you expect, nothing more, nothing less. The kind of movie you can watch while doing something else, the kids love the action, and for those of us around for the TV series, this is a fun stroll down the not-too-distant memory lane. Expand
Film_Fanatic_15Nov 22, 2010
The A-Team stays close to the original 80's television series. The 4 members of the A-Team are definitely a unique bunch that gives classic comedy lines and action-packed scenes. Liam Neeson stands out the most though due to his past work,The A-Team stays close to the original 80's television series. The 4 members of the A-Team are definitely a unique bunch that gives classic comedy lines and action-packed scenes. Liam Neeson stands out the most though due to his past work, while Cooper, Jackson, and Copley are his old pals that follow whatever orders he gives them. After an explosive intro, they are stationed in Baghdad, then given an assignment to retrieve plates that reproduce American Dollar Bills, that have already printed $5 Billion. But after, they are sent to prison after being convicted of murdering their general. And the A-Team must assemble again to clear their name. And like every action packed summer blockbuster, you have a cute chick alongside for the ride with Jessica Biel playing the old girlfriend of Cooper's role, "Templeton Peck". So, "The A-Team" will have to settle with a So-So because of weak storyline, but makes it up for intense powerful action that will make you say "wow". Expand
OscarPicks2010Dec 4, 2010
This high-budget film that failed to succeed at the box office really is noisy. It helped with the humor that the cast brought to the table and the fun that they are having, but this high-budget film still fell short from its original TV show
zero_koolDec 8, 2010
As a guy that didn't like G.I. Joe and Transformers movies, I liked this remake. At first I thought the casting was all wrong, but I found myself laughing and cheering during the whole movie. Yes there was a lot of over the top action thatAs a guy that didn't like G.I. Joe and Transformers movies, I liked this remake. At first I thought the casting was all wrong, but I found myself laughing and cheering during the whole movie. Yes there was a lot of over the top action that could never happen in real life, but thats part of the fun of this movie. I really enjoyed the bad guys in this movie, very entertaining. Expand
TheQuietGamerMay 9, 2012
I've never watched the original tv show, but I had a blast watching this movie. It's action packed and funny enough to put a lot of comedies to shame, and from beginning to end it doesn't let up at all. It's fantastic and a must watch.
JonnyFendiJan 13, 2011
I am impressed how they made thiz newest version worked. In the beginning, I was very pessimistic about thiz A-TEAM will fall into B-Class movie. The original image from authentic TVs version in 1980s was very strong. The challenge wasI am impressed how they made thiz newest version worked. In the beginning, I was very pessimistic about thiz A-TEAM will fall into B-Class movie. The original image from authentic TVs version in 1980s was very strong. The challenge was extremely hard, but they did it anyway. The A-Team consists of four war veterans with their own special skills and unique styles. The leader and the brain is Col. Hannibal Smith (Liam Neeson), the other members are: playboy and con man Lt. Templeton Facemen Peck, the muscle and mechanic Sgt. B.A. Baracus, the loony and pilot Capt. H.M. Murdock. Neeson had always been a great Actor. There is no trouble for him to replace the late George Peppard charisma. The iconic B.A Baracus (originally played by Mr. T) whom seems will difficult to replace, played convincingly by Quinton Jackson. Bradley Cooper also looked like had fun with his role as Facemen. And the last but not least, with his mimic and expression, Sharlto Copley made a new reincarnation of precise Murdoch character. Previously, Copley was widely-recognized by his breakthrough performance in DISTRICT 9 (2009). Plus Jessica Biel and Patrick Wilson fill the supporting roles. Joe Carnahan (The Director of SMOKIN ACES in 2006) seems to be success to maintain the fun factors from one scene to another. The story easily flows since the early scene. The action scenes were very fun to watch, actually most of the actions were very absurd, but it was still acceptable to thiz kind of popcorn movie. I fully appreciate that the film makers work so hard to keep its originality. Thiz film is a really a perfect copycat from the original, which make us realize maybe the time has changed, but THE A-TEAM is still the same. Everybody loves it when a plan comes together. Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com Expand
WetSparks547Mar 9, 2011
lol i like the parts where the action happens. there was a part where one of them sliced a guys head off X_X
i LOVE guns! this movie's DEFFENITELY for me!!! i watched it with my dad.
KwaggaDanMar 30, 2011
The A Team flies a tank. Watch the movie, if only up to that scene. And the best part was they were all smiling while doing it. Not edgily referring to drinking problems....
SetsunaMar 18, 2011
One of the most unique movies I have seen in my life....
NJWolfgangSep 24, 2011
Not a big fan of this genre but this was good. Visual effects were right on the money. The direction was right on the money. The pace was fast and the script pretty darn good. If you don't have a lot of expectations and just want to goNot a big fan of this genre but this was good. Visual effects were right on the money. The direction was right on the money. The pace was fast and the script pretty darn good. If you don't have a lot of expectations and just want to go along for the ride it's intelligent for the genre. Cast is excellent all around. The thing that works the most for this piece is that it isn't pretenious. It knows what it is and doesn't try to be something else and therefore it succeeds and ends up being quite good. Expand
drlowdonMay 25, 2013
Truth be told this movie is a bit of a mess. It takes longer than necessary to establish the A-Team as the group we already know them to be, its full of plot holes, the one-liners aren't always as funny as the writers seem to think and anyTruth be told this movie is a bit of a mess. It takes longer than necessary to establish the A-Team as the group we already know them to be, its full of plot holes, the one-liners aren't always as funny as the writers seem to think and any attempts to add emotional depth to proceedings simply fall flat.

Despite all these problems however it is hard to deny that I was entertained for large parts of the films two hour running time. My advice would be to sit back, switch of your brain and enjoy the ride.
GRDMay 1, 2011
In general, this movie was entertaining. The combination of action and a little shots of comedy was just right. There were some some scenes that you know is impossible in real life but this is what the concept of the movie is about and myIn general, this movie was entertaining. The combination of action and a little shots of comedy was just right. There were some some scenes that you know is impossible in real life but this is what the concept of the movie is about and my son & I enjoyed watching the movie. Expand
lovemusicJun 18, 2011
yeah this movie was good. it was entertaining as hell. good solid movie. it was kinda funny too. your in for a wild ride. action scenes are good and crazy too
HalfwelshmanFeb 21, 2012
I never watched the TV series, so can't really comment on the film's faithfulness to it, but director Joe Carnahan has delivered a really entertaining action movie regardless. The new team are a pretty decent ensemble, composed of Liam NeesonI never watched the TV series, so can't really comment on the film's faithfulness to it, but director Joe Carnahan has delivered a really entertaining action movie regardless. The new team are a pretty decent ensemble, composed of Liam Neeson doing his very best gravelly voice, Bradley Cooper being cool, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson looking formidably strong and Sharlto Copley acting full-on-bonkers. It's not great character development, true, but it's an action movie, and each of the team do exactly what their role requires of them. Elsewhere, the cast are less solid, with Jessica Biel playing a wooden DCIS captain, Patrick Wilson playing a cartoony CIA agent, and Brian Bloom is a bland antagonist as the leader of a private security firm. The A-Team offers much in its first half - it's fast-paced, action-packed, and most importantly of all, it doesn't take itself too seriously. The rest of the film is a little hit-and-miss, with a convoluted but dumb plot full of unnecessary and predictable plot twists, and the film as a whole probably runs a good half hour too long. But if you're prepared to stop thinking for a couple of hours, then The A-Team can be really enjoyable - it's got enough action, explosions and buddy-comedy to be a cracking ride, despite it's gruelling run-time, stupid plotting and mixed quality cast. It's unavoidably moronic, true, but it's also undeniably fun. Expand
paulyhJul 20, 2011
Just watched the 133 min extended blu-ray edition, and have to say its not as bad as some people and critics have made it out to be. Fun, entertaining no brainer with good effects and action and some witty dialogue. As remakes of old tvJust watched the 133 min extended blu-ray edition, and have to say its not as bad as some people and critics have made it out to be. Fun, entertaining no brainer with good effects and action and some witty dialogue. As remakes of old tv series go, it could've been better (new star trek) but could have been a hell of a lot worse too (the saint, the avengers-im lookin at you) Expand
SpunkyMonkeySep 17, 2012
What a great film - turn off your brain, turn up your testosterone and enjoy the ride. The A-Team quickly lets you know that your in for an OTT ride of pure ladish fun with 4 crazy soldiers, and any attempt to read to much in to the realityWhat a great film - turn off your brain, turn up your testosterone and enjoy the ride. The A-Team quickly lets you know that your in for an OTT ride of pure ladish fun with 4 crazy soldiers, and any attempt to read to much in to the reality of most of the situations will just be met by laughter from those who actually get what the film's about. The characters are portrayed very well too, with Face & Murdock being 100% bang on for the roles. Smith isn't far behind but BA is slightly, he's still good but a 7/10 compared to the rest of them and a bit more fisticuffs with him wouldn't have hurt. It's just junk-food OTT action at it's finest - one critic posted "If you're looking for logic or finesse, The A-Team can be numbing" - that's like expecting romantic tension and sophisticated dialogue in a Bruce Lee film. Turn on, tune in and explode - THIS is what being a cool film is all about. Expand
sinadoomDec 17, 2012
Cliche plot and not at all deep or engaging but it's a pretty damn funny action film. Some of the moments in it are so unrealistic that it's hilarious. It doesn't take itself too seriously so I guess it's a passable film.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
This movie had it all: humor, action, good plot, explosions and the right amount of romance.

Badass Army Rangers, who are actually crazy to boot, take on missions that seem just a bit too impossible for others to try. Hannibal Smith (Liam Neeson), was quiet, smart, cool and collected. Face (Bradley Cooper) had a lot of charisma, which actually worked extremely well (those sort of characters easily go over the top). B.A. Baracus (Quinton Jackson) was badass, even with his fear of flight that added a real edge to his character. And then Murdock, who was simply mad.

The four core characters were extremely memorable and had a good bond going in. Seeing them work was a real pleasure.

Carissa Sosa (Jessica Biel), Agent Lynch (Patrick Wilson) and Tuco (Yul Vásquez) supported them very well.

The plot was relatively easy to follow with the team trying to clear their names and find out who betrayed them. It had plenty of twists and turns, though, to keep things interesting. The movie looked just as good as can be expected, and it had an extremely good pace between humor, action, blowing things up and taking a deep breath. A joy to watch, for sure!
SpangleAug 27, 2015
The A-Team is an over-the-top, destructive action film that despite sometimes drifting into some seriously silly and idiotic sequences, never fails to be entertaining. At no moment is The A-Team ever even remotely original, but all the same,The A-Team is an over-the-top, destructive action film that despite sometimes drifting into some seriously silly and idiotic sequences, never fails to be entertaining. At no moment is The A-Team ever even remotely original, but all the same, it manages to keep a hold of you as you try to see how they will figure out how to best the bad guy in stupendous fashion. Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Sharlto Copley, and Patrick Wilson, are all quite good here and one certainly wishes they would all appear together in a better film. Yet, as is, their chemistry is quite good here and they all go very well in this one, so I cannot complain too much. The action sequences are well put together, even if the over the top nature of the film is a bit much to believe and the CGI is quite noticeable at times. Yet, going back to that pesky entertainment aspect, the film is always a fun thrill ride that provides more than a few laughs along the way. As summer action movies go, The A-Team is solid entertainment that certainly lacks quality, but is fun nonetheless. Expand
dev92Aug 24, 2012
This film was just about viewable. I think I maybe expected too much from it. It's cast is obviously mostly talented (not sure about Rampage) but as a whole the film is just trying too hard to be like it's ancestral TV series.
GamezillabrodudOct 4, 2012
This was an awesome movie. It had great action, great thrills, awesome performances by each of the main cast members, great laughs, impressive CGI effects, and great music from Alan Silvestri. The only thing I didn't like is that some partsThis was an awesome movie. It had great action, great thrills, awesome performances by each of the main cast members, great laughs, impressive CGI effects, and great music from Alan Silvestri. The only thing I didn't like is that some parts were a little too cheesy at times, and their wasn't really much to the story. Other than that, this is a very well done action movie. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 7, 2012
The A-Team is just plain boring. I never watched the show, but I'm damn glad I didn't.
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
It's not exactly food for the mind, but it does feature a likable cast of hilarious characters.
worleyjamersDec 8, 2012
One of the very few summer movies of 2010, alongside Iron Man 2, that I actually enjoyed. I originally had no intention of seeing this, but there was nothing showing during those months so I gave this a shot. I really liked it alot. I knowOne of the very few summer movies of 2010, alongside Iron Man 2, that I actually enjoyed. I originally had no intention of seeing this, but there was nothing showing during those months so I gave this a shot. I really liked it alot. I know nothing about the television show, but this film is great by itself.

The action, fighting, and special effects sequences are great. The whole movie is intense and highly entertaining. Never once was I bored.

I also really liked the cast. Liam Neeson, again, has given us another really good action movie. Bradley Cooper, Patrick Wilson, and Jessica Biel were also good. It was also nice to Sharlto Copley after loving his performance in District 9. He was very funny.

This is a fun, action-packed, blockbuster movie. I really enjoyed it and I'd definitely recommend it.
RedShadowHatDec 30, 2012
Pour acting, not enough violence and the violence there sucked. Decent storyline, just get a better director and actors. This movie had no emotion or flavor to it, it was just plain boring.
azgoodazDec 1, 2015
The movie is action packed, hilarious, suspenseful, and it keeps you on your feet not knowing what is going to happen next. Its worth a watch if you have the time to view it.
Luke_McLaughlinJul 25, 2013
The A-Team is a fun filled thrill ride from top to bottom, but its manic state can become overwhelming at times. Had the audience been able to catch their breath the witty dialogue and cleverly placed inside jokes from the television seriesThe A-Team is a fun filled thrill ride from top to bottom, but its manic state can become overwhelming at times. Had the audience been able to catch their breath the witty dialogue and cleverly placed inside jokes from the television series would have shown through. Unfortunately, what the viewer walks away with is the permanent memory of explosions and badassery. If that is what you're into, which on certain days I would place myself in this category, The A-Team is right for you. Expand
TheApplegnomeJul 12, 2014
Stunning, exiting and fun, and packed with action that keeps me entertained.

Stunning, exiting and fun, and packed with action that keeps me entertained.

The A-Team got a great plot and the actors are incredible. The story might be a bit to advanced, but for me it’s perfect. The film is packed with exiting and entertaining scenes that's also is fun to watch. The amount of action is the best thing about this movie, it’s massive, and I never got bored!

The A-Team is both cool and touching to watch, and combined with great music is this film much better than The Expendables (2010), even thought the ending could have been better.

The A-Team gets a 8/10
FranzHcriticJul 20, 2014
Though I enjoyed Sharlto Copley well enough, the film itself is sophomoric and for a large part predictable. Yet I still enjoyed the quartet; and Jessica Biel. She's just nice to look at. The film is a "meh".
MovieGuysSep 22, 2013
The A-Team is pulpy, campy action movie cheese. But, that doesn't mean it's a bad film. The shoot-em-up violence and overall feel of the movie emanates The Expendables. What a coincidence, considering both movies are from the same year.
ZombifactionOct 20, 2013
I think it is an underrated action film. I feel like it is just as good as any other 80's action movie, just done with the tech and know how of the 2000's. The cast plays their characters well respecting what already was while trying to playI think it is an underrated action film. I feel like it is just as good as any other 80's action movie, just done with the tech and know how of the 2000's. The cast plays their characters well respecting what already was while trying to play the role for themselves. The plot is a bit muddled but I never expected to know exactly what was going on all the time. It is 80's cheese opened today. It is fun to watch with friends and while at moments you might be confused it will pass. It's a montage of set pieces all leading to a big action scene. Expand