4.7

1. JmanJ.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Simply awful. This mush should be fed to the Taliban and other Islamo-fascists until they are dead (which shouldn't take too long).
  2. SamD.
    Jul 31, 2006
    Can someone tell me if they can remember what the point of this movie was? Maybe then I'll at least be able to laugh at how stupid it was.
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    Painfully unfunny, and just a total mess of a movie, I just can't stand it's unfunny ness, and seeing Eddie Murphy just not being funny, which is just painful.
  4. Carla
    Sep 28, 2008
    This is one of my most FAVORITE movies. I had heard so amny negative things I was scared to watch it. But when I did, I laughed all the way through. Randy Quaid was hilarious! He was my favorite. The music was also fantastic. The movie was fun when you didn't take it too seriously and expect any hidden meaning.
  5. Jul 23, 2014
    This is my most favorite film in the universe. Sure, the budget was 100mil and they only got 7mil, making Warner Bros lose 93million dollars... but that's because people didn't see it and didn't want to know how good it was. This deserves film of the century.
  6. TomE.
    Jun 3, 2008
    I love this movie! Funny as all get out...just watch it more than once.
  7. DustinW.
    Aug 18, 2002
    HORRID!
  8. BrandonF.
    Aug 19, 2002
    Inconceivably unentertaining. Guranteed cure for insomnia. Horrible.
  9. DavidS.
    Aug 21, 2002
    One of the WORST movies EVER! What the heck happened to Eddie Murphy?
  10. WaltC.
    Aug 22, 2002
    Fun, light hearted movie that people need to learn to not take so seriously, just sit back and relax and watch.
  11. ChadS.
    Aug 25, 2002
    "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" is arguably more fun to watch than "Attack of the Clones". Not better, mind you, but Randy Quaid's performance as a creepy robot and Jay Mohr trying to be Scotland's answer to Frank Sinatra reminded me of how downright dour the last two "Star Wars" pictures were. "Pluto Nash" underwhelms but never does it attain the heights of awfulness that other "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" is arguably more fun to watch than "Attack of the Clones". Not better, mind you, but Randy Quaid's performance as a creepy robot and Jay Mohr trying to be Scotland's answer to Frank Sinatra reminded me of how downright dour the last two "Star Wars" pictures were. "Pluto Nash" underwhelms but never does it attain the heights of awfulness that other shelved films have. Expand
  12. George
    Aug 30, 2002
    Listen i went to expect something entertaining and got what i expected, tv guide, new york etc , have you ever made a movie? if not how could put down something you can't even come close to making, i saw the movie with ten of my friends and we enjoyed it, it's not best thing but it's good.
  13. StevenS.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Great Movie! Couldn't stop laughing. Every moment was an adventure. As for what the critics say about this movie... As a comparison, they rated the Blair Witch Project extremely high and it was the most boring movie since Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Go figure?
  14. Jackie
    Nov 2, 2002
    I agree with george, I bet that none of you people could make a movie even close to as good as that, the movie was over all pretty much OK.
  15. MatthewT.
    Nov 9, 2002
    This review is decicated to our brain-dead critics Jackie and George. Where do you guys get off scolding the public for hating a terrible movie? You are possibly right in stating that we could not produce a better film (questionable), but why do you insist on criminalizing us over it? We are not film makers, nor do we want to be; that is why we spend our money to witness what other people This review is decicated to our brain-dead critics Jackie and George. Where do you guys get off scolding the public for hating a terrible movie? You are possibly right in stating that we could not produce a better film (questionable), but why do you insist on criminalizing us over it? We are not film makers, nor do we want to be; that is why we spend our money to witness what other people have produced! If a doctor messed up a surgery on one of you, I swear you would say, "It is okay, I couldn't do any better." Pull your heads out! As for the movie, it sucked. Expand
  16. MetalInc.
    Oct 28, 2002
    Have you seen Master of Disguise? This movie is worse...enough said.
  17. SethB.
    Aug 26, 2002
    This movie was so unimaginably bad, it actually forced my brain into making socioanylytical leaps and I think I actually discovered the meaning of life!! Thank you, Pluto Nash!!!
  18. HarryH.
    Aug 30, 2002
    I walked out of theater wearing a bag on my head. I could swear the ushers were laughing at the 4 of us who watch this turkey. BAD!
  19. AndrewJ.
    Mar 15, 2003
    Extremely disappointing. The script is the principle failure of this movie, i.e. for a comedy you would think that the writers would include the occassional laugh! What little humour is in this movie has been trawled straight from the juvenile mind i.e. check out the female robot bending over whilst attempting to pick up an object. Murphy can do much better than this; what were the Extremely disappointing. The script is the principle failure of this movie, i.e. for a comedy you would think that the writers would include the occassional laugh! What little humour is in this movie has been trawled straight from the juvenile mind i.e. check out the female robot bending over whilst attempting to pick up an object. Murphy can do much better than this; what were the producers thinking when this movie was commissioned? Expand
  20. ThatPerson
    Mar 3, 2008
    Forget bombs and guns and gas chambers, use this to create a mass genocide!
  21. FatBoy
    Dec 23, 2002
    Saw this movie while on crack, and laughed my pants off!!!!!
  22. RobertH.
    Aug 17, 2002
    All that I can say is "OH MY GOD" as they spent over $100 million to make this drek. Has to rate with the all time turkeys. Don't waste your time or money.
  23. PatC.
    Dec 19, 2003
    I found it moderately watchable on TV. I can only imagine the suffering it causes when viewed on the big screen.
  24. Bastardized
    Oct 23, 2003
    This makes a marathon of Barney positively entertaining.
    Jul 25, 2004
    Great movie!
  26. MikeG.
    Dec 7, 2005
    It's pretty lousy. Most of the actors have kind of a "what the hell am I doing here?" look on my face. The jokes fall flat, and I'm assuming they didn't make this movie for the plot.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

Murphy slogs his way through this dismally dull sci-fi comedy.
  2. Only Quaid, as a semiretarded horny robot, and Cleese as a fussy chauffeur hologram seem to get it. Even Murphy, as the titular nightclub big shot in outer space, forgets to be actually funny until the climax.
  3. In terms of execution this movie is careless and unfocused.