Dimension Films | Release Date: June 10, 2005
4.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 166 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ryanj.Sep 6, 2005
Anyone who thinks popcorn commercialised peices of contempoary, not even contempoary but martek orientated crap should have their IQ tested and then get back to me with the LOW score.
3 of 3 users found this helpful
MichaelF.Jun 30, 2006
i thought 3-d would be an intresting movie choice. baaaaaad idea. many effects can easily be considered unrealistic and the plotline is just too horrible. non-recommendation, but i've seen worse.
LouisH.Mar 21, 2007
This movie was absolutely HORRIBLE!!! The jokes are lame, the story is bad, and the animation is even worse! Like the spykids series, it just got worse and worse as the movie went on. DO NOT see it, you'll ruin your eyes!
HellAngelSFeb 5, 2009
Did the directors, who make good or decent films stop trying to work hard on their later work?
jackfNov 1, 2005
My poor children my poor poor children. i wonder how many hit lists Rodriguez is on now.
SamR.Oct 25, 2005
I went to see this with my son. Frankly, it made me want to strangle myself in my seat with my tie. Never, ever go see this movie, whether you're 5 or 50. Run for your life.
mattw.Oct 30, 2005
The worst pathetic piece of cr@p of a movie ever to destroy the poor inocent minds of thousands of small children pitifuly unfortunate enough to get draged along to this.
joses.Aug 29, 2005
I've seen a lot of films in my time. But this was undoubtedly the biggest piece of crapola that I've ever witnessed. Warning: Do not pay a cent for this turkey!!!
PamelaL.Jan 4, 2008
I think there should be someway of stopping little kids from commenting on this movie. Obviously they're going to give it a score. This movie is good for everybody under 8. For everybody else it's just a stupid random piece of I think there should be someway of stopping little kids from commenting on this movie. Obviously they're going to give it a score. This movie is good for everybody under 8. For everybody else it's just a stupid random piece of junk. The 3D is clearly there to make up for the 1 dimensional characters. Unfortunatly the 3D just makes the movie look dumber, as for the jokes, I did even smile at them. Half the time I couldn't even tell that they were supposed to be jokes. It seemed as though the characters were just pointless stating facts. And did I mention the acting, it sucked! Also it's unfair that a young boy gets to come up with stories from movies, just because his father is a director. All kids have a great imagination, what makes Racer's ideas so special. I could write a better story than him without even trying Expand
collinjSep 8, 2008
Horrid movie, what ever age you are it will live with you as the worst 90 of your life. George Lopez at his worst. i was forced to watch it with my niece and wanted to shoot myself the entire time
aaronpaul121May 24, 2012
The acting is terrible, the plot is boring, the graphics are ordinary and the overall presentation is horrible. Everything in this movie is terribly bad................
KairoNov 21, 2011
This has to be the worst 'movie' I've ever seen. I saw only 20 minutes, because it was so unbearable I had to ragequit. The 'movie' is embarrassing and it seems like guys responsible for this were on drugs! What is worst is that my countryThis has to be the worst 'movie' I've ever seen. I saw only 20 minutes, because it was so unbearable I had to ragequit. The 'movie' is embarrassing and it seems like guys responsible for this were on drugs! What is worst is that my country released dubbing which makes everything even WORSE!!! Expand
grandpajoe6191Oct 17, 2011
Terribly written and played with crappy CGI, "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" is definitely one of the year's worst adult, and well as child, films.
libnoJan 19, 2011
This movie has the lowest form of graphics ever. Plus, it's EXTREMELY CRAPPY!!!!!
JawsLaxerDramaDec 21, 2012
WHAT THE **** is this piece of ****? Are you kidding me?! I'm so angry it makes me bleed out of my eyeballs! Seriously, just...watch it and see for yourself how bad it is. Quick! Incinerate all the copies in the world!
JeffM.Jul 19, 2006
Bad. Painful. Horrible. Then the musical number started. If my kid didn't like it so much, I would run the disc over with my car.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
StephanieDNov 18, 2007
This movie sucked so bad i wanted to throw up during the whole movie. Fake Fake piece of crap. Only someone so stupid and imature would even watch this more than once oh nd for the record sharkboy is UGLY all yous have bad taste both in This movie sucked so bad i wanted to throw up during the whole movie. Fake Fake piece of crap. Only someone so stupid and imature would even watch this more than once oh nd for the record sharkboy is UGLY all yous have bad taste both in movies nd guys. o and lava gurl is ugly and stupid. all are idiots for liking it BIGGEST PICE OF S*** ON EARTH. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
TheWalrus2000Apr 29, 2013
Robert Rodriguez loses his Spy Kids style in Sharkboy & Lavagirl. The script is terrible and drowsy, and the action is quite frankly, boring if not so imaginative it sucks. It aims to be a kids movie, but is Rodriguez the right director for kids?
TrilobiteGAug 18, 2013
I was very young when I watched this film and I seemed to enjoy it a lot in my early days. I recall it as being one of my favourite films as young one. I recently watched sharkboy and lavagirl again as a teenager and was just appalled. FirstI was very young when I watched this film and I seemed to enjoy it a lot in my early days. I recall it as being one of my favourite films as young one. I recently watched sharkboy and lavagirl again as a teenager and was just appalled. First off, the cgi is god awful in this film and it looked as though it was made for a toys r us advert! The whole concept is just f@!&ing bulls%^t and honestly could've been written by a 5 year old. Some may argue in saying that it was built for young children and it is and many children and toddlers enjoy it. But the kid films that really entertain are the one's that are built for ALL ages. Why do you think disney/pixar films are so popular? So, sharkboy and lavagirl is a good film to put on for your children when they are very young but if they decide to watch it again when they are older like me...they're probably going to be dissapointed. Expand
sil3nt_nickMar 24, 2013
Terrible is honestly an understatement.
igorgaviDec 27, 2013
What is this movie?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FranzHcriticJul 9, 2014
Whenever dealing with terrible action movies, one can find that the special effects are the only redeeming quality. Not in this case: the CGI looks like cutout, and, coupled with the corny storyline, idiotic humor, and bizarre plot, RobertWhenever dealing with terrible action movies, one can find that the special effects are the only redeeming quality. Not in this case: the CGI looks like cutout, and, coupled with the corny storyline, idiotic humor, and bizarre plot, Robert Rodriguez takes Spy Kids far beyond what is both entertaining and interesting. Expand
Robinson2511May 3, 2014
While entertaining, this film drops scores based on it's plot, special effects, characters, writing, presentation, acting, & not forgetting a ridiculous amount of silly moments that made me feel like the film was deliberately trying to put meWhile entertaining, this film drops scores based on it's plot, special effects, characters, writing, presentation, acting, & not forgetting a ridiculous amount of silly moments that made me feel like the film was deliberately trying to put me off, kids will probably love this film, but anyone aged 10 & over may find this film too off putting for all the reasons mentioned above! Expand
CineAutoctonoDec 25, 2015
"The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" was a horrible but very decent idea , because the animation was just awful , the script very absurd and this movie is just for children.
PachekoviskMar 16, 2016
HORRIBLE
As a kid this movie was not so bad, but watching it now is a piece of crap
I would give it a 2 but i'm giving it a 3 just because i remember liking it as a kid.