4.6

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Terribly written and played with crappy CGI, "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" is definitely one of the year's worst adult, and well as child, films.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    This movie has the lowest form of graphics ever. Plus, it's EXTREMELY CRAPPY!!!!!
  3. Dec 21, 2012
    WHAT THE **** is this piece of ****? Are you kidding me?! I'm so angry it makes me bleed out of my eyeballs! Seriously, just...watch it and see for yourself how bad it is. Quick! Incinerate all the copies in the world!
  4. May 24, 2012
    The acting is terrible, the plot is boring, the graphics are ordinary and the overall presentation is horrible. Everything in this movie is terribly bad................
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    This has to be the worst 'movie' I've ever seen. I saw only 20 minutes, because it was so unbearable I had to ragequit. The 'movie' is embarrassing and it seems like guys responsible for this were on drugs! What is worst is that my country released dubbing which makes everything even WORSE!!!
  6. Aug 2, 2012
    ACTING - 4
    The acting left a lot to be desired in this movie. Everything seemed so unrealistic. The best actor was probably Taylor Dooley. She did a wonderful job of getting mad, and could be very sweet when she needed to be. Taylor Lautner was okay, but he portrayed Sharkboy as a character that was always mad, and it became monotonous after the first twenty minutes or so. Cayden Boyd Was
    okay as Max, but he seemed uninterested at times, and he looked like he was about to throw up when he was supposed to be crying, which left a bad taste in my mouth.

PLOT - 3
    The plot was very disconnected and felt like it kept changing all of the time, which left me confused at points. The plot seemed utterly ridiculous in the first place, causing all of the changes to just make it worse.

SPECIAL EFFECTS - 7
    For constant special effects composed in a 2005 film, this was a good attempt. The lava was almost realistic and Mr. Electric was somewhat impressive. Although some special effects were awfully cheesy, most of them were pretty solid.

OVERALL - 4.6 (4)
    Although Sharkboy and Lavagirl may impress toddlers, it will not impress anyone else. As a "family film", it leaves the rest of the family in pure torture of having to sit through this.
  7. Apr 29, 2013
    Robert Rodriguez loses his Spy Kids style in Sharkboy & Lavagirl. The script is terrible and drowsy, and the action is quite frankly, boring if not so imaginative it sucks. It aims to be a kids movie, but is Rodriguez the right director for kids?
  8. Aug 18, 2013
    I was very young when I watched this film and I seemed to enjoy it a lot in my early days. I recall it as being one of my favourite films as young one. I recently watched sharkboy and lavagirl again as a teenager and was just appalled. First off, the cgi is god awful in this film and it looked as though it was made for a toys r us advert! The whole concept is just f@!&ing bulls%^t and honestly could've been written by a 5 year old. Some may argue in saying that it was built for young children and it is and many children and toddlers enjoy it. But the kid films that really entertain are the one's that are built for ALL ages. Why do you think disney/pixar films are so popular? So, sharkboy and lavagirl is a good film to put on for your children when they are very young but if they decide to watch it again when they are older like me...they're probably going to be dissapointed. Expand
  9. Mar 24, 2013
    Terrible is honestly an understatement.
  10. Aug 5, 2013
    The only saving grace that can be said about this Spy Kids lookalike is that it has amusing 3-D effects which is, unfortunately, the only real positive thing about this laughably scripted kids flick.
  11. Dec 27, 2013
    What is this movie?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  12. Jul 9, 2014
    Whenever dealing with terrible action movies, one can find that the special effects are the only redeeming quality. Not in this case: the CGI looks like cutout, and, coupled with the corny storyline, idiotic humor, and bizarre plot, Robert Rodriguez takes Spy Kids far beyond what is both entertaining and interesting.
  13. May 3, 2014
    While entertaining, this film drops scores based on it's plot, special effects, characters, writing, presentation, acting, & not forgetting a ridiculous amount of silly moments that made me feel like the film was deliberately trying to put me off, kids will probably love this film, but anyone aged 10 & over may find this film too off putting for all the reasons mentioned above!
  14. Mar 21, 2014
    totally girly the fact Co- director of sin city Robert Rodriguez made sharkboy and added taylor laughtner which talyor is a **** . it is okay and i like the ending . still waste of my time
    Grade D-
  15. Jul 12, 2014
    Apart from having cheesy green screen effects, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D forks over some positive messages and never ending inventiveness, a must see in 3-D!

1. An often imaginative though less than magical family feature.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Pretty lame. Sharkboy has an especially frantic, amateur atmosphere, with a mostly maladroit cast.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    There's little chance of grabbing teens (or even many tweens) during summertime playdates. Still, small fry will be enchanted by this rambunctious action-adventure.