The Adventures of Tintin

1. Mar 15, 2015
    As somebody who isn't familiar with the comic books, I found this movie boring, and that it was trying too hard to be funny, when it wasn't, I can see the appeal, but I didn't like it.
  2. Jan 19, 2012
    I didn't like it at all; too much violence; not a simple story; no poetry; no swearing from Captain Haddock; some names have been changed (to adapt to the US market?)
  3. Dec 24, 2011
    How many motion capture 'animated' films like this do they have to make before Hollywood realizes the audience does not like them. Spielberg has totally run out of steam as a director and should have stopped while he was ahead. I sad adaptation at best, you should avoid it if you can.
  4. Dec 21, 2011
    The dead-eyed zombies that people motion-capture films are back to foul the reputation of the most beautiful comic strip of all time. Everything has been lost. The story is feeble. The images are ugly. The voic-work is inappropriate. Stay well away.

Everything he did in live-action movies with rolling boulders and runaway convoys he does bigger and better - by a factor of ten - in every frame. At the end of two hours, my jaw ached from grinning.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Dec 26, 2011
    Feels particularly mechanical. The movie isn't a complete waste: it adequately re-creates the comics' Dickensian characterization, and every frame brims with clever details. But once the action begins, Spielberg's incessant, force-fed "fun" quickly gets exhausting.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 26, 2011
    In a movie year of more than two dozen animated films, this and "Rango" tower over all others. Welcome to America, Tintin. It's great getting to know you.