Paramount Pictures | Release Date: December 21, 2011
7.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 537 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ammeooJan 20, 2017
This movie was an utter disappointment for me. The plots were not properly executed, there were many loopholes and the story was boring to be honest. The problem with these commercial films is that their whole purpose is to make money out ofThis movie was an utter disappointment for me. The plots were not properly executed, there were many loopholes and the story was boring to be honest. The problem with these commercial films is that their whole purpose is to make money out of amateur movie goers rather than make something that should critically make sense. Expand
FreedomFightersDec 19, 2016
Alrighty, after ending off 2009 and 2010 a bit slowly, I get to write a positive review to end off 2011! "The Adventures of Tintin" is not one of my personal favorite animated films, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't an enjoyable animatedAlrighty, after ending off 2009 and 2010 a bit slowly, I get to write a positive review to end off 2011! "The Adventures of Tintin" is not one of my personal favorite animated films, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't an enjoyable animated film. It's exciting, it's pretty well-written, it's wonderfully animated and it's well-acted, all good factors that help make the film so great. I feel like it's a film that isn't for everyone, and that's probably why I didn't give it a higher rating even though it's very well-crafted, but don't let my "lower rating" fool you, "The Adventures of Tintin" is definitely an entertaining animated film that you should definitely check out! Expand
DavidTejadaDec 19, 2016
A joy to behold. It has passed almost 50 years since the creation of Tintin and now in 2011 Paramount Pictures has put the best animated movie of 2011 and even some of the best of all time. It's not just about Tintin and Haddock adventure,A joy to behold. It has passed almost 50 years since the creation of Tintin and now in 2011 Paramount Pictures has put the best animated movie of 2011 and even some of the best of all time. It's not just about Tintin and Haddock adventure, it's about all of its glory-books-days represented. They don't need to be huge fans of Tintin, even for a new generation it remarks almost everything (100%) Expand
Jack97May 5, 2016
A very underrated and under-watched movie. Tintin is a great, fun adventure that is well acted and is visually amazing. The motion capture work here is very top notch.
colombogermanoMar 31, 2016
The Adventures of Tintin is a good technical achievement. As a statement of the work of Herge and his characters and motivations, it fails.

If you are a Tintin fan, I mean, of the books, you will a disappointed as how some characters are treated in this movie, even the villain. Spielberg and Jackson take way too many liberties to accommodate the story to their own view.

The secret of the Unicorn, the book this movie is supposed to be based on, is filled with detective work by Tintin, the enemy and its motivations is not clear until the last third of the story. In the movie, Sakharine is the villan and some kind of reincarnated Rackham the Red. That is way too far and fantastic from the plot of the book. While Tintin, as a character, is a perfect ideal of righteousness in the books, Herge never portrayed his adventures as something supernatural. Sakharine, in the book is just a collector; yes, in the beginning he is a suspect, but nothing more. Why deviating so far from the original story is beyond me.

Furthermore, it seems that the directors wanted to put so much of Tintin of other books that it feels distorted. If you are not familiar with Tintin books, maybe you will be fine with this.

All in all, the story is loosely told, without the soul of Tintin. Animations are good and CGI well used. But for a movie that has the name of Tintin on it, is disappoints.
choomtabi31Feb 29, 2016
It's real good especially, if you use your imagination.Spielberg has mastered film making.He can do it all.

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1460413-The-Adventures-of-Tintin-online-free
audreythomas25Feb 15, 2016
nevertheless has freed Spielberg from the shackles of conventional filmmaking and physical limitations.

Watch here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-1648bd-The-Adventures-of-Tintin-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
EpicLadySpongeJan 31, 2016
Steven Spielberg has his very own story to tell Nickelodeon kids and average moviegoers. His story actually works for an average Nickelodeon and Paramount movie.
BarneyOnMTJan 6, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: It really does capture the magic of the comics, so is fast paced, exciting and the graphics are excellent. Plus that soundtrack just adds to the drama...
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Just like the comics, it might also be a little hard
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Just like the comics, it might also be a little hard to follow (especially for youngsters) and the characters don't get as much attention as the action does.
VERDICT: A fast-paced thrill ride well worth a watch, especially for the original Tintin fans. It's a great bit of fun from Spielberg.
CineAutoctonoDec 6, 2015
A really good movie that surprised me Tintin adventure with Secret of the Unicorn , and I liked the motion capture in 3D good job of Spielberg and Jackson.
Compi24Jul 14, 2015
In what might be Spielberg's strongest film since "Saving Private Ryan," "The Adventures Of Tintin" combines the globe-trotting thrills of an "Indiana Jones" flick, the childhood wonderment and discovery of "E.T.," and the excellent set pieceIn what might be Spielberg's strongest film since "Saving Private Ryan," "The Adventures Of Tintin" combines the globe-trotting thrills of an "Indiana Jones" flick, the childhood wonderment and discovery of "E.T.," and the excellent set piece design of "Minority Report" to create an unbelievable adventure film with fun for the whole family. Expand
buttonscasperJul 8, 2015
the story is brilliant and spielberg delievers a great film agian. The main reason i like this film ecept for the action is for an amination it nearly looks live action and it is just a brilliant film.
GuerrinoJun 6, 2015
VEERRYY good film. I will not even continue... But the system doesn't allow me that. I have to do it. ------------------------------------------------
BaganLeleoMar 15, 2015
As somebody who isn't familiar with the comic books, I found this movie boring, and that it was trying too hard to be funny, when it wasn't, I can see the appeal, but I didn't like it.
diogomendesDec 31, 2014
Well voiced, exceptionally animated and thrilling, "The Adventures of Tintin" takes me back to when I was a little boy who read the comics about Tintin, in spite of being a bit too reminiscent of one the best action movies of all timeWell voiced, exceptionally animated and thrilling, "The Adventures of Tintin" takes me back to when I was a little boy who read the comics about Tintin, in spite of being a bit too reminiscent of one the best action movies of all time (Raiders of the Lost Ark). Expand
NerdConsultantDec 18, 2014
this film is the absolutely glorious Tintin movie i've been waiting for. it translates the source material well thanks to it's expert writing and directing team with a great cast and some of the best use of motion capture and 3D that i'vethis film is the absolutely glorious Tintin movie i've been waiting for. it translates the source material well thanks to it's expert writing and directing team with a great cast and some of the best use of motion capture and 3D that i've ever seen. it's my favourite comic movie and not just for the reasons listed above, it does what no other comic movie has quiet achieved it looks like a living breathing comic Expand
supermann234Dec 9, 2014
This movie has a good plot and features lots of action. It is probably one of the best animated movies released in theaters. It is an awesome movie and thumbs up for this movie!
SythusRATINGSOct 18, 2014
The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is the first in the series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of highThe Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is the first in the series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure. Expand
FranzHcriticAug 24, 2014
A whimsical, smart, and sporadically funny adventure film with great voice acting from the cast. The story is pure nostalgic wit, which turns into a fun ride for the whole family, especially for adults or those who love the original frenchA whimsical, smart, and sporadically funny adventure film with great voice acting from the cast. The story is pure nostalgic wit, which turns into a fun ride for the whole family, especially for adults or those who love the original french comic series. It is a joyride that you could watch at least two or three times, the story is that engaging. Expand
jacob4Jun 25, 2014
Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson make a great team! This movie was outstanding for an animated movie. It had jaw dropping action and a great storyline. The casting was excellent, and the comedy was good. Can't wait for the sequel.
lukechristianscMar 7, 2014
i always love steven steliberg films from the guy who brought jaws which is amazing . then he creates tin tin . i love tin tin it is a heck of adventure .
CECtheRoninJan 30, 2014
Just saw The Adventures of Tintin for the first time with my friend Robert. I've got to say, I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I don't know how faithful it is to the original comic, but it was a really fun and insanely creativeJust saw The Adventures of Tintin for the first time with my friend Robert. I've got to say, I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I don't know how faithful it is to the original comic, but it was a really fun and insanely creative adventure film. All the characters were memorable and likable in some way and the CG animation was stunningly detailed while keeping the cartoonish quality on the animation. All the actors are good (I actually thought that the lead actor was Elijah Wood, but it turns out that it's the guy who played Billy Elliot), but special attention should go to Andy Serkis (who you may know as Gollum) on his performance of the drunken ship captain. It shows that he's got a great comedic delivery and can hold his own as a secondary lead. Hopefully he gets more diverse work because of this rather than just voicing monsters. Steven Moffat and Edgar Wright penned the script with one other person and they give the film a very offbeat quality that I think puts this above a lot of animated adventure films. All in all, a really good experience that I wish I'd caught in theaters. Also, gotta give special props to Simon Pegg and Nick Frost who play two very amusing dry comic relief characters. I always love when those two are in a movie together and this is no exception. Go see it. Expand
Movie1997Jan 19, 2014
Here's a fun 3-D adventure made from the likes of the one and only Steven Spielberg. This is a fun and wildly ridiculous action "Indiana Jones" spin-off. It has great animation and an interesting story arch set around it. Overall, it's funHere's a fun 3-D adventure made from the likes of the one and only Steven Spielberg. This is a fun and wildly ridiculous action "Indiana Jones" spin-off. It has great animation and an interesting story arch set around it. Overall, it's fun 3-D galore. I give it an A-! Expand
Iky009Jan 3, 2014
O Visual de Tintim magnífico um dos mais belos que já vi, a história bem interessante porém em si um filme um pouco cansativo, mais não perde seu charme.
SonicUltimate20Oct 7, 2013
This film is just amazing, the story, the characters, just like the original herge books. The voice acting was amazing, and everything just looked breath-taking, it looked just like a cod cgi cut scene. definitely worth your time
keliSep 29, 2013
Awesome and completely simple. If you hate it, try tintin and haddickf not the game was not meant for you, your bad just do not blame the game please, give it a ten
. I
MovieGuysSep 20, 2013
A zealous Spielberg film bursting at the seams with energy and spirit. Even though it is animated, this is not a bad thing; it gives Spielberg a bigger canvas to work on, and what he can't do in his live action movies he can do in Tin-Tin.
nafeesSep 3, 2013
the best way to bring Tintin to the big screen. its awesome. Recommended for tintin lovers n those who don't know who tintin is too. It have little flaws may be. not exactly the comic. but works fine. worth watching.
JakeBoundyAug 29, 2013
It's okay. The animation is brilliant. I originally thought it was acted in the real world. However, the plot was not so good. I struggled to figure at times. It's an okay film, probably worth picking up in a sale.
BrianMcCriticJul 17, 2013
Tintin works as a fun adventure film with great animation. Steven Spielberg shows he has as much skill in an animated movie like this as he does with his live action work.