7.6

1. Oct 18, 2014
    The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is the first in the series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure.
  2. Sep 30, 2014
    pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
  3. Aug 24, 2014
    A whimsical, smart, and sporadically funny adventure film with great voice acting from the cast. The story is pure nostalgic wit, which turns into a fun ride for the whole family, especially for adults or those who love the original french comic series. It is a joyride that you could watch at least two or three times, the story is that engaging.
  4. Jun 25, 2014
    Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson make a great team! This movie was outstanding for an animated movie. It had jaw dropping action and a great storyline. The casting was excellent, and the comedy was good. Can't wait for the sequel.
  5. Mar 7, 2014
    i always love steven steliberg films from the guy who brought jaws which is amazing . then he creates tin tin . i love tin tin it is a heck of adventure .
  6. Jan 30, 2014
    Just saw The Adventures of Tintin for the first time with my friend Robert. I've got to say, I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I don't know how faithful it is to the original comic, but it was a really fun and insanely creative adventure film. All the characters were memorable and likable in some way and the CG animation was stunningly detailed while keeping the cartoonish quality on the animation. All the actors are good (I actually thought that the lead actor was Elijah Wood, but it turns out that it's the guy who played Billy Elliot), but special attention should go to Andy Serkis (who you may know as Gollum) on his performance of the drunken ship captain. It shows that he's got a great comedic delivery and can hold his own as a secondary lead. Hopefully he gets more diverse work because of this rather than just voicing monsters. Steven Moffat and Edgar Wright penned the script with one other person and they give the film a very offbeat quality that I think puts this above a lot of animated adventure films. All in all, a really good experience that I wish I'd caught in theaters. Also, gotta give special props to Simon Pegg and Nick Frost who play two very amusing dry comic relief characters. I always love when those two are in a movie together and this is no exception. Go see it. Expand
  7. Jan 19, 2014
    Here's a fun 3-D adventure made from the likes of the one and only Steven Spielberg. This is a fun and wildly ridiculous action "Indiana Jones" spin-off. It has great animation and an interesting story arch set around it. Overall, it's fun 3-D galore. I give it an A-!
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    O Visual de Tintim magnífico um dos mais belos que já vi, a história bem interessante porém em si um filme um pouco cansativo, mais não perde seu charme.
  9. Oct 7, 2013
    This film is just amazing, the story, the characters, just like the original herge books. The voice acting was amazing, and everything just looked breath-taking, it looked just like a cod cgi cut scene. definitely worth your time
  10. Sep 29, 2013
    Awesome and completely simple. If you hate it, try tintin and haddickf not the game was not meant for you, your bad just do not blame the game please, give it a ten
    . I
  11. Sep 20, 2013
    A zealous Spielberg film bursting at the seams with energy and spirit. Even though it is animated, this is not a bad thing; it gives Spielberg a bigger canvas to work on, and what he can't do in his live action movies he can do in Tin-Tin.
  12. Sep 3, 2013
    the best way to bring Tintin to the big screen. its awesome. Recommended for tintin lovers n those who don't know who tintin is too. It have little flaws may be. not exactly the comic. but works fine. worth watching.
  13. Aug 29, 2013
    It's okay. The animation is brilliant. I originally thought it was acted in the real world. However, the plot was not so good. I struggled to figure at times. It's an okay film, probably worth picking up in a sale.
  14. Jul 17, 2013
    Tintin works as a fun adventure film with great animation. Steven Spielberg shows he has as much skill in an animated movie like this as he does with his live action work.
  15. May 19, 2013
    The Adventures of Tintin is fantastic because it is by far a copy of Indiana Jones, the design is witty and his aesthetic is fascinating, and a brand revolção for future cartoon, at first he may seem old-fashioned face, but if unfold makes it a pleasant experience to see, and proves that the pair ceria Steven S. and Peter G. can bear much fruit in the future.
  16. Mar 10, 2013
    Hergé's stories were fantastic: intelligent, funny, interesting/lovable characters, and enjoyable, engaging plots that you couldn't put down! Animations of Tintin were made, 30 minute long stories I think, that followed Hergé's works exactly, and these were fantastic! I think Tintin is simply not meant to be made into full-length feature films of 2 hours. Mixing the characters and plots of Hergé's Tintin stories AND adding in new "Hollywoodized" content (the crane fight and the bazooka, etc...), was an awful decision.

It was fantastic watching the first 15 minutes of the Secret of the Unicorn, haha, and then we suddenly switch to the Crab with the Golden Claws, but mix the characters and plots from the two. What a mess. The visuals are fun to watch, the computer rendering that is, but the story and what they have done with Hergé's work is a mess!

I wonder how the Asterix "real people" films worked out. The Asterix stories are similar in length to Tintin I think. I wonder what the French did with Asterix?!
  17. Mar 2, 2013
    Not spectacularly amazing, just Tintin. I read all the books as a child (our local library had the lot) and have to admit, a good job was done bringing them to life, I suppose the highest praise that can be given to the film is it isn't insulting to anyone who remembers the source material. Well done, Spielberg. You didn't f*ck it up.
  18. Feb 11, 2013
    This film shows you that Spielberg still has a boy left somewhere inside him. And it is definitely something Herge would have enjoyed.It is actually quite brilliant
  19. Feb 7, 2013
    Based on the books of the forties, The Adventures of Tintin is good clean fun and is a genuinely enjoyable film suitable for all the family. Spielberg's team of British writers, Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz), Stephen Moffat (Sherlock) and Joe Cornish (Attack the Block) combine elements from three Tintin stories to produce an exciting adventure but simple mystery.

Watching the fantastic
    looking animation, it's easy to forget that with the motion-capture, the actors aren't just providing voices but are responsible for all character movements. In terms of performance, Andy Serkis steals the show as the largely inebriated Captain Haddock. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost pop up as bumbling Interpol officers Thomson and Thompson for comic effect.

One thing I couldn't shake from my childhood was how serious, self-righteous and frankly annoying Tintin can be. Obviously that's a criticism of the character not of the movie, but this version didn't go anyway to changing my opinion.

Spielberg evokes pleasant memories of Indiana Jones in several chase sequences and action set pieces, none more so than the intrepid reporter and Haddock riding in a motorbike and sidecar. Not a bad thing at all.
  20. Jan 12, 2013
    The best special effects I've seen in an animated film.
  21. Jan 8, 2013
    I absolutely loved this movie. A perfect transition from the comic to the 21st century. Hopefully this'll be the first of many movies. To be honest I never expect this movie to actually work. Tintin really was a title that, while known, has all but been forgotten and was only marginally popular outside of Europe. Yet, here Jackson & Spielberg have managed to give it new life and get most of the world interested again. Absolutely wonderful. Expand
  22. Jan 5, 2013
    I am honestly suprised that the critics didn't give this film better reviews. It's great. Good acting by the cast, It's funny, The plot is interesting, Even the sub-plot with the thief is good. It looks amazing as well, Great use of motion capture. I loved it and I will definently be seeing the sequel in theaters.
  23. Aug 20, 2012
    The Adventures of Tintin has the type of truly unbelievable animation that drops the jaw at every turn. It also has a high level of authenticity; if you grew up reading the Tintin comics (as I did) then there is a lot to get misty-eyed and nostalgic about. Unfortunately, the movie is too hyperactive and action packed for it's own good. The swooping images of death defying stunts are a technical marvel but also a little soulless. The same can be said for the movie overall. It just never stops long enough to gain any emotional traction. Expand
  24. Jun 21, 2012
    A great movie that hopefully spawns a few sequels. It's got your action, humor, and mystery all included, and will appeal to people of all ages so it's a great movie to watch for a family movie night.
  25. Jun 4, 2012
    This movie is pretty great for an animated film. To start with, the visuals are amazing, probably one of the most visually engaging animated films of all time. And on top of that, the story is actually good, too. There is actually a bit of mystery. The only negative was that it was too long, and I thought I wouldn't miss anything if I took a short nap. There are good adventure scenes, but some parts get a little boring. Is it animated "Indiana Jones"? I would say it's pretty close. Expand
  26. Jun 3, 2012
    We were all waiting for this collaboration to happen..the great Spielberg with the similarly great Jackson. This animation got a boy's heart to the screen. This movie is a constant play of opposites and that's just perfectly sets the mood. Weta out did itself this time, this movie is beautiful to look at. A perfect example of what animation can do is the sea battle scene its breath taking to say the least. Its also very faithful to the source material that it also presents the feel that the comics presented. Jamie bell is a good tintin but is a bit over the top but we'll let it pass. But adventure is always round the corner and there isn't a space to take a breath. Although tintin is a bit abstract his costars are lovable even tough sometimes over the top. But without a doubt serkis is the man of honor haddock is the star and platform of the whole movie, he provides laughter and humanity beyond any other. Besides from haddock the slapstick does become a bit too much and a bit off. Another small flaw is its fast pace, the plot does get dragged along sometimes. Expand
  27. Jun 1, 2012
    I was expecting a bit of a turkey tbh before I sat to watch this, sure I read all the books as a kid but figured it too hard to make a decent movie from due to its old fashioned views of the world. I was extremely proven wrong... this is a top notch CGI action movie at it shining best. Forget turkies like Indy Jones... TinTin and Cpt Haddock would kick his ass.
  28. May 25, 2012
    One of the few animated movies of 2011 that got it right with its great direction, solid script and gorgeous animation, and the answer to the No-Pixar-film-for-Oscar-nods dilemna.
  29. Apr 25, 2012
    Being the FIRST-EVER animated film for both Steven Spielberg and John Williams you would think this film (although pretty good) would have been classic perfection due to the immense build-up over time it's taken these two men to make a picture of this scope and scale. I was expecting the 3D motion capture computer-animation to be much more lifelike, much like how Avatar when it was released. Instead this movie felt too 'cartoony' for my taste buds despite the fact that the content is marketed to the late teen/early adult demographic. Expand

Everything he did in live-action movies with rolling boulders and runaway convoys he does bigger and better - by a factor of ten - in every frame. At the end of two hours, my jaw ached from grinning.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Dec 26, 2011
    Feels particularly mechanical. The movie isn't a complete waste: it adequately re-creates the comics' Dickensian characterization, and every frame brims with clever details. But once the action begins, Spielberg's incessant, force-fed "fun" quickly gets exhausting.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 26, 2011
    In a movie year of more than two dozen animated films, this and "Rango" tower over all others. Welcome to America, Tintin. It's great getting to know you.