The Amazing Spider-Man 2

6.7

1. May 2, 2014
    Amazing! Great build-up for at least another two movies, as we all know. A great act of an epic saga. This Film has character-depth, character-development, an awesome score and an absolutely epic feeling in 3D.
  2. May 2, 2014
    Amazing pretty much says it all. I've seen the 1st Amazing Spider-Man about 20 times because of how well landed the characters were... with deeply rooted story. All the back story is pretty much the 1st film, Amazing Spider-Man 2 picks up were the first film ended (Maybe with a couple days gone by.) (don't worry no spoilers here.) Also no matter what age you are, I can honestly say you'llAmazing pretty much says it all. I've seen the 1st Amazing Spider-Man about 20 times because of how well landed the characters were... with deeply rooted story. All the back story is pretty much the 1st film, Amazing Spider-Man 2 picks up were the first film ended (Maybe with a couple days gone by.) (don't worry no spoilers here.) Also no matter what age you are, I can honestly say you'll love this film. A great deal of love is well woven into the (well-written) story. 100% A+ 10/10 Expand
  3. May 2, 2014
    EPIC from start to finish!! Don't listen to the critics saying that these movies shouldn't exist. Who cares that it has not been that long since the original trilogy? Marc Webb is doing an awesome job with Spider-Man and this one left me wanting more!! It's a must see in IMAX 3D!!
  4. May 2, 2014
    THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING ! Once again the critics are so far way off base as you will find out when thousands of people flock the the big screen on Friday nite. top notch story line, off the hook effects that will blow you out of your seat and wanting more which you will get, acting was superb and the ending was asum and did not leave you hanging like most movies. So satisifing that I wouldTHIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING ! Once again the critics are so far way off base as you will find out when thousands of people flock the the big screen on Friday nite. top notch story line, off the hook effects that will blow you out of your seat and wanting more which you will get, acting was superb and the ending was asum and did not leave you hanging like most movies. So satisifing that I would compair it to an orgasum. You will gasp, you will laugh, you will cry, it has it all and all at the right moment. Your fingers and toes will hurt when you leave the theater because its a white knuckle ride from start to finish. Dont leave right after the movie, there is a surprize clip. Im going to go and see it again tomorrow nite { Friday Night } in a packed house. I went to midnight showing on Thursday and there were about 50 people in the theater, people have to work on Friday and can't function on 3 hours of sleep, thats why it was not packed. But all 50 of us were clapping and cheering hard at the end. And nothing but positive comments. Cant wait to see the next one. CRITICS...PLEASE GET A DAY JOB AND LET US REAL PEOPLE WRITE THE REVIEWS !!!!! Best movie of the year and will be very hard to beat. Trust me...GO SEE THIS MOVIE, IT IS A MUST SEE MOVIE. Not to mention it is a touching, motivating and inspiring movie. Captain America did not even come close to SM2. P.S. Check out the user review that begins with { Lamo } and gave this movie a rating of 3. Then think about why his user name begins with Lamo. Cause his review was LAMO. But we all have a right to score how we wish. Just dont pay no attention to that review. Doesn't even seem like he saw the right movie at all or was watching Captain America which I found to be bland and would give Captain America about a 5 or 6 at most. Expand
  5. May 2, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 struggles to find its footing in the grand scheme of its story, making it feel like it was a bridge to the third movie. As a movie introducing you to further events, however, it did a great job. While not as good as the original Amazing Spider-Man, I must say that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 slowly builds up to what could easily be a great third movie.
  6. May 2, 2014
    This movie may not be the greatest Spider-Man movie of all time but it is the best of the "Amazing" trilogy so far. Now this film takes a more comical/ straight out of a comic book approach and it seems the visual effects work very well for it. The movie did have some pretty weak villains, and reason for Electro becoming bad is just silly. All in all the movie did have some problems but itThis movie may not be the greatest Spider-Man movie of all time but it is the best of the "Amazing" trilogy so far. Now this film takes a more comical/ straight out of a comic book approach and it seems the visual effects work very well for it. The movie did have some pretty weak villains, and reason for Electro becoming bad is just silly. All in all the movie did have some problems but it was still very enjoyable and it had heart. Expand
  7. May 18, 2014
    The good: Everything about Gwen's story and the chemistry between Gwen and Peter Parker; the web slinging through the city, which is more visceral and believable by far than in the Sam Raimi movies.

The bad: Overall the movie was too brooding and dark, and the story re Peter's father took too long to unfold. Also, they collapsed what should have been two movies into one. The Osborn Green Goblin saga deserved a movie of its own.

Overall, though, to me this is the authentic Spider-Man film series. I love that they really are playing up the Gwen Stacy story. If you could take Andrew and Emma and the web-slinging from these films and plug them into the Sam Raimi movies, you'd really have something.
  8. Jun 6, 2014
    Great movie, but it has a very misleading trailer and it's a typical "second of the trilogy" movie.

The trailer makes out that certain characters have a large part in the story, but in reality they have a total of about 10 minutes. There are also scenes in the trailer which never happen at all, if they did happen it actually could have improved the story. The ending ties up leaving

The ending ties up leaving many story arcs unfinished (typical of "second of the trilogy" movies), which is a bit frustrating but the overall experience of the movie is enjoyable enough to forgive it.
  9. May 9, 2014
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 is the sequel to 2012's Amazing Spiderman, a reboot of the Spiderman film franchise. While the movie is definitely summer blockbuster material, it goes into a completly different story direction then its predecessor. While the first one seemed to give audiences a true feel for Peter's identity as not only a vigilante but as a human character, this movie throws a tonThe Amazing Spiderman 2 is the sequel to 2012's Amazing Spiderman, a reboot of the Spiderman film franchise. While the movie is definitely summer blockbuster material, it goes into a completly different story direction then its predecessor. While the first one seemed to give audiences a true feel for Peter's identity as not only a vigilante but as a human character, this movie throws a ton of subplots at you that it just feels kindof hard to feel bad for the protagonist when he falls into the breakup makeup cog trap with his girlfriend Gwen who just doesn't give off the same charm she does in the original. When the Electro plot begins, the story doesn't feel as tragic as it does pathetic. The obsessive personality over Spiderman as well as the ridiculous buisness ethics of Oscorp make you wonder whether your supposed to feel bad for this guy, or that you should think he is the dumbest movie villian you've ever seen in a non-comedic summer blockbuster. When Harry reunites with Peter, he also becomes somewat obssessed with Spiderman making him and Electro two desperate cliche movie villians that want some guy dressed in a spiderman costume to save them from their insanity. Oh by the way, when Harry takes a turn for the worst, the movie fails to explain why he becomes so messed up, it absolutely does not explain the whys or how he shows up to kickstart the movie into a climax, all we know is that he plays cliche mad scientist. Don't get me started on the Rhino, he doesn't even fight Spiderman, he is the result of false adverstising one hundred percent. If you want to see everything the Rhino does in the movie, watch any of the trailers and you will know. I liked the pace of the movie and the visuals, the randomness as well, but that is me, I know that this movie should have had a deeper plot and fulfilled its promise to truly have Spiderman fight three villians let alone not fight one. This feels like a sizzle reel that I enjoyed watching because I love Spiderman but it is just an exploit of movie culture, that is: "Spiderman will fight three badass villians in a sequel to the reboot with the villians played by a well ranged and talented cast of Paul Giamatti, Jamie Foxx, and Dan Dehaan." And that is what made me unhappy with the movie, it didn't even deliver the main goods it promised, and also left us with a stupid cliffhanger and machete plot. Reccomend it for everyone because everyone loves a spiderman movie, but this movie is really one random piece of work that has enjoyable moments scattered throughout a movie of ridiculous and redundant plot devices and cheap false marketing tactics. Expand
  10. May 7, 2014
    While this movie is entertaining - it failed to live up to expectations! Great acting and action; superb chemistry between Gwen and Peter! Terrible villain developing; forgettable score! Overall Amazing S-M 2 is on the quality level of Raimy's Spider-man 3 - entertaining but flawed !!!
  11. May 13, 2014
    Internet critics seem to hate it but I really enjoyed both the super-villain antics and Parker's real-life drama. Andrew Garfield is a great Spider-Man and this is the perfect antithesis to the hugely gritty other superhero franchises.
  12. May 9, 2014
    while there were some things in this movie i didn't like, mainly some of the slow mo and the way it ended, i thing that overall, the characters, story, and action make it a really good watch. the effects were good as well. i also really liked the main villain, but felt that there were a few unnecessary ones as well. overall though, i think amazing spiderman 2 is a good movie, just as goodwhile there were some things in this movie i didn't like, mainly some of the slow mo and the way it ended, i thing that overall, the characters, story, and action make it a really good watch. the effects were good as well. i also really liked the main villain, but felt that there were a few unnecessary ones as well. overall though, i think amazing spiderman 2 is a good movie, just as good as the first, and possibly better. Expand
  13. May 15, 2014
    The Movie was awesome.Best Spidey movie ever.We watched an awesome story,and the focus was in Peter and Gwen's relationship.Jamie Foxx was awesome as Electro,but Dane DeHaan,Andrew and Emma saved everything.BEST MOVIE EVER!
  14. May 7, 2014
    This movie has been very difficult to review. At first, I loved the movie, then looking back I didn't. I have finally made up my mind, and I think I actually favor it over the original ones; however, it took a lot of thinking.

First, the music is absolutely awful. Dubstep in Spider-Man?! Absolutely not! The originals had amazing music! Second, the pacing is a little odd; it goes from action scene to love scene to funny scene to action scene to funny scene to action scene to love scene, and I kind of got lost in it all. It was just too long for a Spider-Man movie. It also felt like a big bridge. The CGI was also "eh"...

However, I actually liked the villains. Although I would've liked to see the redemption of Electro, he was a satisfying villain, as was Harry a.k.a. the Green Goblin. Also, the chemistry between Stone and Garfield is AMAZING!!! I was sad to see her die, but it further boosted the emotion of the film. The back-story with Richard Parker (not from Life of Pi lol) was also interesting, and the I cannot wait to see how the Sinister Six plays out next movie...

Overall, a 7/10...
  15. May 6, 2014
    Look i could go on for hours talking about what the movie did & didnt do (what worked & didnt) etc.. But after hearing some of the negative buzz before going into the film i tried to see it as un biased as possible. And while its not the greatest superhero film up there w/ the likes of the Dark Knight or even Spiderman 2 i can honestly say it was a fun time regardless...Sure some scenesLook i could go on for hours talking about what the movie did & didnt do (what worked & didnt) etc.. But after hearing some of the negative buzz before going into the film i tried to see it as un biased as possible. And while its not the greatest superhero film up there w/ the likes of the Dark Knight or even Spiderman 2 i can honestly say it was a fun time regardless...Sure some scenes felt a bit strung out,coincidental and/or cheesy but i would say if ur hesitant just go see it, its really not as bad as some view it IMO. Expand
  16. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't understand why people hate this movie so much. Yeah, the romance was more than the action, yeah some parts weren't so good so what? Every movie has a problem, whether minor or serious. The movie was excellent. I sympathized with Electro, green goblin was well made. My only objection was the design of rhino, but had a pretty funny scene in the beginning of the movie, one of the few. To sum up, i think it is an overall excellent movie with some minor flaws. Ooooh and when Gwen died... didn't see that coming, well played... Expand
  17. May 11, 2014
    Better than the first Amazing Spider-Man and better than anything out of the Raimi trilogy. The story definitely isn't perfect and at times feels like a cluttered grouping of otherwise great individual moments, but overall it entertains throughout. There are some plot devices used to connect different threads that feel a bit to convenient and underdeveloped. There are also some campyBetter than the first Amazing Spider-Man and better than anything out of the Raimi trilogy. The story definitely isn't perfect and at times feels like a cluttered grouping of otherwise great individual moments, but overall it entertains throughout. There are some plot devices used to connect different threads that feel a bit to convenient and underdeveloped. There are also some campy humorous moments with Spider-Man but they aren't overdone to the point of taking away from the rest of the movie. The action scenes are really well done and the first web slinging scene is the best that has been on the big screen yet. The costume is also fantastic, they really nailed it.

In my opinion while it isn't perfect this is still the best live action Spider-Man to date. Definitely worth seeing.
  18. CDG
    Jun 26, 2014
    I thought this movie was stellar. It had a few villain pacing problems, but it was an awesome movie that I recommend that has given me a new respect for The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man.
  19. Jul 26, 2014
    Garfield's portrayal of Spiderman is the best thing about the film - often corny but always likeable. After spending a couple of hours quipping and web-slinging in equal measure like the superhero he is, he ends with a pure and real human touch. Better than the first reboot film, but too many adversarial cooks spoil the broth, with none of them quite worthy of carrying the antagonist torchGarfield's portrayal of Spiderman is the best thing about the film - often corny but always likeable. After spending a couple of hours quipping and web-slinging in equal measure like the superhero he is, he ends with a pure and real human touch. Better than the first reboot film, but too many adversarial cooks spoil the broth, with none of them quite worthy of carrying the antagonist torch by themselves. Expand
  20. Aug 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OK so this is coming from a young, but lifetime Spider-Man fan! I preordered tickets. Got the 11 o'clock showing on May 1st. This movie opens up with spiderman swinging around the city, and chasing a truck which has future rhino driving it. Its great as the wise ass spiderman cracks jokes and stops the villian. Classic good ole spidey. The action in this movie was absolutely great! Emma Stone and Garfield were great. Electro was an ok villian. He didnt have enough build up for him to really have an effect on you. But the CGI did look very good. Green Goblin was very well done (looks wise). it was like they took an aproach in between the 2002 green goblin and the ultimate goblin. I think he and harry hasd a decent story. Since the didnt kill him off like they did Venom in 07', it was fine. Gwens death the very sad, but very, very, VERY well done. Garfields acring was great during this scene as it was the whole ,movie! The very end was good and bad. I loved it when spiderman came back after his 5 month disapearence. But the Rhino.... one word AWFUL! I dont want to get into the Rhino. Overall i thought this was a good film. if not really good! Hoped you enjoyed ,my review. im new, and only 14 so dont bash. Expand
  21. Aug 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wasn't sure of this movie at first, bought it on DVD and was entertained from beginning to end. Thought the inclusion of Electro would be difficult to pull off, but the storyline was effective and the cgi amazing! So many storylines were crammed into this movie, Peter's parents, Electro, Green Goblin (Harry Osborn), the romantic relationship between Peter and Gwen and yet it was all thoroughly satisfying and enjoyable. The cast were all exceptional they brought the characters to life.

Better than the first and also better than the original, with a twist ending that gave Spiderman a real reason as to why he needs to protect his identity, which i thought was missing in the originals.

I couldn't ask for anything more from a movie, i highly recommend you buy it on DVD or Blu-ray.
  22. May 2, 2014
    I have been counting down this movie since the day I saw the promo image. I have spent probably nearly $300 on Spider-Man products due to my excitement. I watch all the Spider-Man animated series and can quote the Sam Raimi trilogy from the start of the first movie to the end of the third. So basically, I know my Spider-Man. I have never built up anticipation for a movie like this before.I have been counting down this movie since the day I saw the promo image. I have spent probably nearly $300 on Spider-Man products due to my excitement. I watch all the Spider-Man animated series and can quote the Sam Raimi trilogy from the start of the first movie to the end of the third. So basically, I know my Spider-Man. I have never built up anticipation for a movie like this before. The trailers would give me goosebumps. However, once I started seeing the critics reviews I did begin thinking how the actual film itself would turn out. Here is what I thought: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has scenes that will make the audience absolutely smile. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are impossible to not love as the lead roles, creating very realistic and adorable chemistry. Great performances on their part. The villains however, I have some suggestions for: SLOW DOWN. We are introduced to Max Dillon and he gets about a total of 6 minutes of screen time before transforming into Electro. He needed a longer, more detailed backstory. He and Electro are two completely different people too. I think it would have been great to have Electro come to his senses at the end when he sees that Gwen, the only person who noticed him before he developed his powers, was in trouble. It would have added depth to the character rather than just having a man with super powers, for no real reason, wanting to kill Spider-Man. However, his special effects and physical appearance are always insanely awesome to look at. Paul Giamatti is one of the greatest actors on Earth, but boy was his villain the least threatening thing you have ever seen. The Rhino appears in about 1/300th of the film, however it IS because they were just introducing him to be set up for TASM3. Hopefully he is more threatening then. The final villain, Harry Osborn, had the largest back story, yet ridiculously small Green Goblin screen time. I cannot get too upset because they will be bringing him back as well, but where they messed up is having way too many plot points. We jump from Peter trying to find the truth about his parents, a very emotional scene for him, to seeing him chasing Gwen down before she leaves to England, with no continuity of the research he just did, as if it never happened. There is a lot of tonal whiplash you will get throughout the film... sad scenes to happy to funny to action to romance in very quick pieces of time. This movie either needed to be expanded, or needed to cut possibly Electro's character. He really ended up having no impact on Peter's story or the Spider-Man universe's story as well... He was there then he was gone... no lessons learned, just a bit of damage done to the city (again). Everyone loves Spider-Man because most can connect with him. He also is known for his witty humor, but in this film he cracks jokes at all the wrong times. Super serious life threatening moments are happening to him or those around him and he will crack a quick smart-ass remark. That's one thing that was awesome about Sam Raimi's trilogy, he focused on Spider-Man and Spidey's point of view of things, and how he would react, rather than how Marc Webb focuses on no point of views, he shows us the movie as if we are bystanders in New York watching this random action. Hans Zimmer, however, is some sort of symphonic God. That man creates more classic scores than one can count. Electro's music is awesome, but it was used the whole time Max was talking, not even as Electro yet, which really distracted us from who he is. Max needed some slow, quiet scenes to connect with the audience because that is the kind of character he is. He was a tender, lonely man who wanted to be seen by the world, and in the trailer they did a fairly well job of showing that, but in the movie... eh. Basically not one line from the trailer is in the movie as well by the way. Overall, it was a very enjoyable entertaining movie, awesome action and effects, an IMAX 3D visual spectacular. The filmmakers just need to slow it down, slow down the process, quit focusing on promoting this movie globally and instead work on the film itself. I love Spider-Man, and this one did pack quite a bit of emotion regardless the tonal whiplash, and I will begin counting down for TASM3 now. 768 DAYS! Expand
  23. May 2, 2014
    Marc Webb manages again, almost ironically, to deliver a nice Spider Man movie to the fans.

As many noted , the movie itself focus on Peter and Gwen's romance and less in the action scenes and villains, but that is why Gwen has a critical point to the plot. Even though it's not 100% loyal to the comics, they're trying to bring the most relevant points to the movies. Andrew Garfield

Andrew Garfield has improved as both Peter Parker and Spider Man, making you laugh with Spidey's sense of humor and charisma, while Peter makes you cry when he struggles to be with Gwen and protect her at the same time.

Some of the stuff showed in the trailer were cut from the movie. The movie could have been bigger and the villains and Spider Man could have showed up more, but the movie is an introduction to something even bigger. Hope the next movie shows a even bigger fight and maybe Spidey can show up in The Avengers 3.
  24. May 3, 2014
    There are some things in it need to be fixed such as the origin of Green Goblin because it felt a little rush as well as the introduction of mechanized Rhino at the end, but it was forgivable.
    The main baddie, Electro is very well done with his origin both being a nobody and a God-like super villain.
    And the amazing complicated relationship of Peter and Gwen is just absolute emotional and relatable.
    And everything about the character of SpiderMan? It is hands down the best SpiderMan ever existed in film history.
  25. May 4, 2014
    Is it Spider-Man 2? Of course not. But it's still a good entry in this new saga of Spider-Man films. And definitely much better than its premiere entry. It certainly fails from similar crutches of Spider-Man 3; far too much of Sony clouding a good story with setups for whatever they think will create more money-making opportunities. But the story-lines presented are much more expanded andIs it Spider-Man 2? Of course not. But it's still a good entry in this new saga of Spider-Man films. And definitely much better than its premiere entry. It certainly fails from similar crutches of Spider-Man 3; far too much of Sony clouding a good story with setups for whatever they think will create more money-making opportunities. But the story-lines presented are much more expanded and given acceptable screen time than the ever-compared Spider-Man 3, and the Spider-Man we see here is a truer comic Spidey than we have yet to experience. The emotion, heart, and cockiness of our costumed Peter is filling the scenes from start to finish.
    There is a lot that's attacked during its 2.5 hour time-span (and occasionally too much for the film to flesh out), but any viewer looking for an enjoyable outing with their web-head will be pleased. It's not going to render any critics astounded, and it's not going to to be the best Marvel-licensed film from the last 5 years, but it will leave an impression on you in more positive ways than it falters.
  26. May 2, 2014
    More or less on par with the first movie. Some things are better, somethings are worse, but on the whole they balance out.

The obvious flaw here is the script. Like many have said, it feels like a collection of scenes haphazardly pieced together. This makes the transition from scene to scene feel unnatural. I was worried that the movie would have villain saturation (like in Spider

I was worried that the movie would have villain saturation (like in Spider Man 3) but no. Electro was the focus. It is obvious that the other villains are simply put in as a teaser to the Sinister Six movie. Fair enough but that makes one wonder why they got top billing in all the ads and posters? Also, Peter's parents feel needless and that story arch takes up far to much screen time.

Now for the positive: I love Garfield as Spider Man/ Parker, he really does fit the role (even if he is a tad too old.) The action scenes are allot of fun and the effects are first rate. Electro is fantastic and Foxx did an amazing job. Rest of the cast also play their roles well.

Overall:
    Spider-Man 2 feels a bit erratic, but still allot of fun to watch. A bit more post production and sterner script approval was clearly needed and I hope they learn from this and not repeat for the next movies.
  27. May 8, 2014
    People have gotten so overly critical about comic book movies lately. They aren't fine art. It's a reason to put guys in funny suits to fight each other while destroying universally recognizable locations. They are inherently stupid. This movie is a little too long and doesn't make perfect sense a lot of the time. But it's decently shot, the effects are good, it's colorful, the actionPeople have gotten so overly critical about comic book movies lately. They aren't fine art. It's a reason to put guys in funny suits to fight each other while destroying universally recognizable locations. They are inherently stupid. This movie is a little too long and doesn't make perfect sense a lot of the time. But it's decently shot, the effects are good, it's colorful, the action is fun, the actors decently portray human beings, and it makes you forget about the real world for a couple of hours. It's not going to win any major awards for deep compelling and well thought out story telling. But then again neither was the source material. It's fun, dumb, summer blockbuster, pop corn stuff and there is nothing wrong it. Expand
  28. May 2, 2014
    Awesome special effects and good entertainment, but the script could be less confusing ! I loved the parts of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, but the villains could be developed much better !
  29. May 6, 2014
    Well I thought this movie was definitely better than the first one. The characters were better defined, and let's be honest, Andrew Garfield plays a better eccentric Spiderman than Tobey Maguire. The plot seemed to be alright, although it did focus more on the relationship status of the movie. If you have read the comics, you will realize that this movie follows them to a T.
  30. May 3, 2014
    The Amazzing Spider-Man 2 is a movie that we can see the TRUE Spider-Man and the TRUE Peter Parker in a way we never seen before. Andrew Garfield is the persona of the character, Emma Stone is lovely like always and Dane DeHaan portrayed a Harry Osborn carismatic and lunatic at the same time. Terric!
  31. May 2, 2014
    Although it feels like a movie long teaser trailer for the next movie ( Sinister Six ? ) it's still a nice movie... Amazing performances by all the characters and a nice storyline both funny and dramatic... The only thing that bothered me is that the previews and the trailers give you the idea that the movie is going to have three villains and in the end only Electro is the main bad guy....
  32. May 3, 2014
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 is awesome. For the most part. TAS2 is a bigger and bolder Spiderman movie, although I didn't find the vibe and sense in its predecessor, Andrew Garfield reprises his role as Peter Parker, still slinging through the beautifully recreated city of New York, buildings look awesome- and in 3D, even better. But this time, ASM 2 introduces 3 villains- Green Goblin,The Amazing Spiderman 2 is awesome. For the most part. TAS2 is a bigger and bolder Spiderman movie, although I didn't find the vibe and sense in its predecessor, Andrew Garfield reprises his role as Peter Parker, still slinging through the beautifully recreated city of New York, buildings look awesome- and in 3D, even better. But this time, ASM 2 introduces 3 villains- Green Goblin, Electro and Rhino. All of those which are being played by Dane DeHaan, Jamie Foxx and Paul Gimmati. The film does a good job of representing Spiderman and his origin. But, it can be a long movie. ASM 2 is really slow, and it never expands on who Richard Parker or any origin of any villain is. If you want an Electro origin story- imagine Jamie Foxx screaming in a pool full of eels. Dane DeHaan is Harry Osborn aka The Green Goblin, his acting was top notch but still not better than the James Franco in Spiderman 2. Paul Gimmati gives the best acting from the bunch, Rhino is looking better than ever, but the movie never explores on his story, instead it gives you some unnecessary tear jerks. Well, this is not what I expected, watching all of the series, I think Sam Raimi had more to accomplish than Director Marc Webb. But remaking a series is hard, and Webb gave it his best. However, if you want to watch a colourful, energetic and well shot Spiderman movie- than go for it. If not, it's better to buy this one on BluRay. ASM is bigger and bolder but not better. Expand
  33. May 3, 2014
    Considerando que o ultimo filme não me agradou , fui para ver este com a quase certeza de decepção certa, mas tomei um violento tapa do diretor Marc Webb, pois o filme é muito bom com uma reviravolta tonal e do enredo muito interessante ,seus unicos erros são a colocação do romance entre peter e gwen em momentos inoportunos e o roteiro que as vezes é um pouco preguiçoso.
  34. May 5, 2014
    This movie is amazing! The standard was raised with how amazing the new captain America was but this is film is very close in quality. The film is fun yet sad, just as spiderman films should be. Electro is a great villain and the acting was amazing but nearly all involved! Dane Dehann was a great Harry Osborn! The film ends with many questions left to be answered and a lot of peopleThis movie is amazing! The standard was raised with how amazing the new captain America was but this is film is very close in quality. The film is fun yet sad, just as spiderman films should be. Electro is a great villain and the acting was amazing but nearly all involved! Dane Dehann was a great Harry Osborn! The film ends with many questions left to be answered and a lot of people didn't like that but I find myself just that much more excited for the third film! Go see it!!!! ps. Critics are bad at their job Expand
  35. May 4, 2014
    Loved the movie. Kinda happy for the whole reboot to be more a lil' close to the comic book. I do love Tobey's Spider-Man(s) but the reboot is amazing as well. Acting is great as well. A must see for all (family, kids, comic book readers, Marvel fans).
  36. May 2, 2014
    The movie is really good, the visual effects are amazing and the plot was good, but Electro had a terrible motivation to be a villain and the best villain of the movie(Green Goblin) had a short screen time.
  37. May 2, 2014
    Swinging with high voltage visual effects and fantastic soundtracks, The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro perches above its peers. In a more video game or comic inspired illustration, the overall colorful tone works wonderfully, especially in larger scales fights such as in Times Square, it's baffling not many movies do battles in the famous location. Its multitude of talents does aSwinging with high voltage visual effects and fantastic soundtracks, The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro perches above its peers. In a more video game or comic inspired illustration, the overall colorful tone works wonderfully, especially in larger scales fights such as in Times Square, it's baffling not many movies do battles in the famous location. Its multitude of talents does a great job in bringing the characters to life; chemistry between them is definitely present. Regardless of some flaws, narrative might get crowded sewing numerous plots and villains, the movie will most likely satisfy fans and casual viewers alike.

The story tells origins of Electro and Green Goblin, played by Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan respectively, both of which have awkward relationship with the titular hero. Their stories are a bit foreshadowing, even more so to those who have knowledge of the comic or seen the previous trilogy and this might just be too predictable for some. Nevertheless the movie does a decent job on modernizing the villains and keeping them grounded without being too comical, it's a good choice not to put Electro in green yellow spandex. Jamie Foxx certainly has charisma for the main villain, although the fanatic aspect of the character in early parts is odd. It's a bit silly and too old-fashioned for an origin tale, he then becomes more appropriately menacing later on, partly due the blue CG face.

Dane DeHaan is a suitable cast for Harry Osborn, I daresay even better than James Franco who previously donned the green cape. He's an eerie reminiscence of young Leonardo DiCaprio, even with similar hairdo. He takes the role of Harry into a darker more obsessed persona, one with volatile and conniving nature. Most of the movie is oriented in Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) as they struggle with emotion and passion. Both of them showcase personal touches; it's apparent that Garfield admirably tries to fill the protagonist role. Spider-Man is a closer more relatable superhero as he endures doubt, guilt, and even the things ordinary folks go through daily, Garfield plays to this strength pretty well. Props to Sally Field and Chris Cooper as parental figures, each the polar opposite of the other, complementing the hero and villain, respectively.

Graphic differs from the usual gritty mainstream superhero flicks, New York is displayed in all its vibrant wonder. At first, it seems a tad close to video game, but I fancy the distinct feel. When the movie talks about hope aplenty, it helps to view the world in radiance. Action is great, often taking camera angles close to Spider-Man, slowing down just barely at the moment of impact. The use of audio matches pretty well, Hans Zimmer is a master in this regard. Many techno dubstep tracks focused on Electro blazing in the background and electrically pumping adrenaline, it may appear ludicrous at first, but it fits the movie brilliantly. Pop and rock songs litter the movie, played just in the right time. The production value is aggressive and undeniably entertaining.

The story sadly may stutter throughout the movie, there are just too many angles to show. From the romance between the two, origins of villains, the lingering past, the pace sometimes take too long on certain element and not enough on some. Not to mention the transition can be cumbersome, it doesn't help that the usual coincidence and practical cliché plots still persist. The flaws are there, yet its entire cast and production value overshadow them. Its simple premise of one overcoming their crisis is emotionally captivating, effectively presented and thoroughly entertaining.
  38. May 2, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 takes necessary risks to keep the franchise fresh. But pacing issues and thinly written villains hold it back from being truly "amazing'.
  39. May 2, 2014
    This is the movie that Spider-Man deserves. It is, indeed, amazing; Marc Webb and his team succeeded in this film, where all others have failed in adapting the story of Spidey: breathtaking scenes in the right sequence, which in my view, were perfectly adequate and framed; concise and convincing performances of the actors; heartbreaking scenes balanced with signature jokes of ourThis is the movie that Spider-Man deserves. It is, indeed, amazing; Marc Webb and his team succeeded in this film, where all others have failed in adapting the story of Spidey: breathtaking scenes in the right sequence, which in my view, were perfectly adequate and framed; concise and convincing performances of the actors; heartbreaking scenes balanced with signature jokes of our neighborhood friend. Lastly, after all the events, the tender feeling of slowly leave the cine wondering when the next movie of the franchise will be released. Expand
  40. Jun 19, 2014
    This movie has a tone of being a totally cheesy comic book movie, in all the perfect ways that you'd convert a comic book into a movie. The visuals are fantastic, the sounds are fantastic. The acting leaves a bit to be desired from time to time, but it's probably because Andrew Garfield drifts between several persona states at the beginning, before the movie settles down and the main plotThis movie has a tone of being a totally cheesy comic book movie, in all the perfect ways that you'd convert a comic book into a movie. The visuals are fantastic, the sounds are fantastic. The acting leaves a bit to be desired from time to time, but it's probably because Andrew Garfield drifts between several persona states at the beginning, before the movie settles down and the main plot arc happens. The plot itself is amazing, and has top-level pacing all the way throughout. They've got more than one villain (Green Goblin and Electro) and they blend them together far better than Spiderman 3 mixed Sand Man, Venom, and James Franco Goblin.

You should watch this movie.
  41. May 3, 2014
    Good stuff! I enjoyed it. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have really solid chemistry that Mark Webb uses his background in indies to extract quite well. The plot could have been tightened up a bit, but overall it was a solid time at the movies.
  42. May 2, 2014
    Fantastic. Garfield ans Stone did an amazing job developing their relationship and the combat could be the best comic book fight on the big screen of all time.
  43. May 2, 2014
    Two years ago, happy with the result of the first chapter of the reboot of Spider -Man , I hoped in a later chapter it reached , at least in part , the maturity of the second chapter of the first trilogy directed by Sam Raimi .
    Over the years , however, things are a little ' changed. I saw "The Amazing Spider-Man" a couple of times , and I noticed several flaws that I could not swallow. It will probably be more faithful to the comic ( I have not read it ), but from the point of view of the film has not convinced me as the first two Raimi's Spider-Man . This is not to say that I liked it, in fact I found it a decent movie , but I had to scale the high expectations I had for "The Amazing Spider- Man 2 ."
    As expected , in fact, this new installment in the reboot of Spider-Man does not reach even the slightest maturity of Spider- Man 2, but decided to put everything on pure entertainment from cinecomic . For this reason it stands out from the multitude of Marvel movies released in recent years . It is a cinecomic standard , which is fun and entertains great, but that does not offer anything more . The script is , in fact , one of the biggest shortcomings of the film, especially with regard to the characterization of the two villain , a bit ' too confusing and , especially , very forced . With the love story between Peter and Gwen have done a better job, but they wanted to dedicate a space far too invasive , making it seem almost out of place the two villains . At the same time , however, they have improved a lot the quality of the special effects , the costumes of Spider -Man and the two villains (aside from Rhino ) , and consequently also the visual impact , which , especially in the action scenes , it is very more intense than the first. This , thanks to the obvious improvements made ​​by director Marc Webb. Fabulous sequence in Times Square and the epic final battle between Spider-Man and Electro . I do not want spoilers, but I tell you that only the last half hour and captures the very essence that this film had to have .
    I admit I found it a bit ' more chaotic than the first, but the final half hour , and the strong visual impact have made "The Amazing Spiderman 2 ," a film worthy of its predecessor, and sometimes even better
  44. May 2, 2014
    Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. I was skeptical at first because of the way they advertised this movie soooooo much. Literally to the point that there was a new trailer coming out every week. But, with that being said this movie is as accurate to the spider man comics as you are going to get. Andrew Garfield plays a great Peter Parker and an even better comical wisecracking spidey.Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. I was skeptical at first because of the way they advertised this movie soooooo much. Literally to the point that there was a new trailer coming out every week. But, with that being said this movie is as accurate to the spider man comics as you are going to get. Andrew Garfield plays a great Peter Parker and an even better comical wisecracking spidey. Emma Stone is great as always (their chemistry is the highlight of the film again). Jamie Foxx was mehh as Electro, I felt as if they brought him on for the CGI spectacle which works in this film. Other than that his character is poorly written. Paul Giamatti was a very over the top Rhino. I felt him and Foxx got the shaft on the writing and these two villains were the only downside of this film. Dane Dehaan on the other hand shines as Parker's best friend Harry Osborn. He gives you a sense of whats to come but he plays Osborn in a unique way James Franco never could. Green Goblin was the only villain done justice in this movie. But, for the most part, the cast is outstanding and the visuals are second to none. Probably the only movie I paid the extra cash for 3d. And for all you comic fans out there. You have to appreciate that Marc webb sticks to the source material for the most part and doesn't twist key storylines like Raimi did. Overall 9/10 Expand
  45. May 3, 2014
    Loved this Movie. Spider-Man was fantastically portrait und the Relationship between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy was wonderful. The Action was outstanding and the Music....just wow.
    I don't quite understand the hate for this Movie. Sure it has some Problems, but which movie doesn't. I'm excited for the 3th Amazing Spider-Man :D
  46. May 5, 2014
    My advice:

My advice:

Don't let the critics scare you away. Chances are you'll find it entertaining, at the very least. A lot of people seem to criticize the romance between Peter and Gwen; however, I feel that it is a major step-up from the original series. Yes, there's a lot of sarcastic and, at times, dry humor, but that's what makes it real -- not to mention more in-tune with the comics. Spider-man is supposed to be somewhat of a jokester, and Andrew Garfield portrays this perfectly. Perhaps they just don't get it. The characters can be related to, the visuals were stunning (given a tad bit overdone), and there was plenty of action to go around. The people giving this movie anything less than a 6 are just Nolanites being overly dramatic. Though, if I did have to nitpick, I'd say a few of the character design choices were pretty bad -- namely Rhino and Green Goblin. Especially Rhino. Additionally, Webb didn't quite capture the essence of Harry and Peter's friendship as well as he could have, as it definitely felt forced.
  47. May 3, 2014
    This movie is awesome, if you are a fan of the comic, you can't miss this one. I feel the critics are out of touch with the fan base for this movie (surprise, surprise). Spider-Man 2 takes some time to build the momentum at the end, but it is to understand why Peter Parker is the why it is, and why his decisions bring heavy consequences. Just like the comic, the movie brings humor,This movie is awesome, if you are a fan of the comic, you can't miss this one. I feel the critics are out of touch with the fan base for this movie (surprise, surprise). Spider-Man 2 takes some time to build the momentum at the end, but it is to understand why Peter Parker is the why it is, and why his decisions bring heavy consequences. Just like the comic, the movie brings humor, emotions, quality action, awesome enemies and also awesome friends. If you like Spider-Man, if you grew up with Spider-Man like I did, this movie is a no brainer.

TL:DR I love it and I would watch it again and again.
  48. May 6, 2014
    A truly amazing spider man movie,the story is away better that first one,and the graphics,wow, it really blow my head and take my breath away,I watch this movie twice and still eager to see more,like someone said,you will laugh and cry ,don't miss this,I sincerely admire SONY to bring this one of the best superhero movie to me.for me ,this series is a great achievement in movieA truly amazing spider man movie,the story is away better that first one,and the graphics,wow, it really blow my head and take my breath away,I watch this movie twice and still eager to see more,like someone said,you will laugh and cry ,don't miss this,I sincerely admire SONY to bring this one of the best superhero movie to me.for me ,this series is a great achievement in movie industry,the spider man is more close to ordinary people's heart,unlike batman and iron man.it's the key why spider man movie is so touching,because we all want to have a hope,and we all want to become other people's hope.besides,Andrew and Emma are play awesome in this film,especially Emma,I have crush on her since EASY A,and this film makes her more charming to me,I can't say enough,after all,it's a must see movie,I highly recommend this. Expand
  49. May 5, 2014
    A film with much feeling, written with wonderful, full of splendor in their actions and motivating romantic scenes. Shocking scenes of action, much guaranteed entertainment, a wonderful and unique experience. The best superhero movies of all time, no doubt it is
  50. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was action-packed! The two hours and thirty minutes went by very quickly and there wasn't any part of the movie that I remember where it felt drawn out. The love story was a recurring theme but I never felt like it got in the way of the action and it was very straightforward. No love triangles or any overplayed drama like the previous trilogy. I really liked the cast. This Harry Osborn has more emotion and you can clearly see him go insane little by little until he blossoms into a real villain. James Franco's character never really went 100% villain (and that took three movies), but this new version does become Spiderman's worst nightmare (similar to Harvey Dent in Dark Knight) very quickly. So I can't wait until the last installment of this trilogy where they are probably going to have a full-scale war between Harry Osborn's new crew of villains and Spiderman. Hopefully, with some of the cast dying/leaving, it opens the door for some creative additions to the cast that will play a character on the good side instead of the bad.

Oh, and one of my favorite parts is near the end where the little kid in the Spiderman Halloween costume comes out and tries to take on Rhino. I thought that was a pretty cool scene to sneak in at the end.
  51. May 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Movie was way better than expected, the part of which Gwen dies was horrible yet amazing, it's better than the first movie which is great too, but without doubt its better than the old trilogy, the acting were the best but the movie editing was average. Expand
  52. May 3, 2014
    Que dire de the amazing Spider man 2, simplement qu'il est au dessus du précédent tant au niveau visuelle que au niveau du scénario même si je reproche à ce dernier sa fin, qui n'est autre qu'une fin bâcler pour couvrir la vraie fin qui elle n'est pas une happy end. Je crois que la plus grosse erreur du film et de penser qu'il vont pouvoir nous remplacer Gwen. Ceci passe trés mâl au niveauQue dire de the amazing Spider man 2, simplement qu'il est au dessus du précédent tant au niveau visuelle que au niveau du scénario même si je reproche à ce dernier sa fin, qui n'est autre qu'une fin bâcler pour couvrir la vraie fin qui elle n'est pas une happy end. Je crois que la plus grosse erreur du film et de penser qu'il vont pouvoir nous remplacer Gwen. Ceci passe trés mâl au niveau du public. On ne pourras jamais oublier Gwen sa fait quand même plus de 4h que l'on vit les aventure de spidey avec elle. Vous me direz alors pourquoi!!!!!!! 8 comme score. Tout simplement parceque c'est le meilleur Spider Man qui est était fait, tant par son esthétique que le reste de l'histoire, et oui on est alors bien iloin de la première trilogie et de son pantin de Bouffon vert, très beau ralentit, constrate, film esthétique. Contrairement au premier qui avait trop de ressemblance avec la premiére trilogie ici The Amazing Spider Man prend vraiment son indépendance.
    Sinon pour terminez je vous conseillerez d'aller le voir, très beau spectale.
  53. May 3, 2014
    I really don't understand some critics at times, just like with Man of Steel, I feel the critics went into this movie already prepared to dislike it, this movie does have some problems but most of them stem from personal preference, the tone jumps around a lot, at times it feels really mature and is catering to adults then the next scene something is said or done that makes you feel thatI really don't understand some critics at times, just like with Man of Steel, I feel the critics went into this movie already prepared to dislike it, this movie does have some problems but most of them stem from personal preference, the tone jumps around a lot, at times it feels really mature and is catering to adults then the next scene something is said or done that makes you feel that it's catering to kids, so at times you get the feeling that this movie suffers from an identity crisis, then u throw in the fact that 1 or 2 of the villains in this movie were simply not needed and that the aspirations of this movie were so huge that they kept throwing things into it that weren't needed... I know it sounds like i'm really down on this movie so here's the surprise...

I LOVED THIS MOVIE... Earlier I said it comes down to personal preference, I didn't mind the change in tone from serious adult movie to catering to kids at times and there was some really cheesy dialog but I can forgive that because this movie was just so darn entertaining, I wanna make one thing clear... Andrew Garfield owns this character of Spider-Man/Peter Parker, regardless of if he's in or out of the suit he is the character from how he loves being spidey, his love for Gwen and his fear of losing her, his relationship with aunt May all the way to how he interacts with the villains, sony needs to sign him to more Spider-Man movies beyond the third, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's chemistry on screen almost feels unfair to any other pairing it's so perfect...

Like I said earlier this movie has some problems but I overlooked all of them because for me they were small nitpicks that didn't take away from the overall enjoyment of the film, this movie is the definition of a Summer blockbuster, it's got action, mystery, romance and heartbreak, everything I like about these comic movies so for me... and I don't do this much... it's a 10
  54. May 2, 2014
    I just gone done watching the IMAX premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and it was SUPERB. I won't put any spoilers in here but it is def the best Spider-Man movie to date. Marc Webb is really coming along in his directing of Spider-Man and did an Amazing job with casting especially casting Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn or AKA "The Green Goblin" which btw is my favorite villain of allI just gone done watching the IMAX premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and it was SUPERB. I won't put any spoilers in here but it is def the best Spider-Man movie to date. Marc Webb is really coming along in his directing of Spider-Man and did an Amazing job with casting especially casting Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn or AKA "The Green Goblin" which btw is my favorite villain of all time. Anyways the acting was excellent as well as the story if you pay attention there are a ton of references to a ton of stuff in the universe. The action was top-notch in every way possible it blew the 1st film out of the water in that respect and I can't wait for the next film. In my opinion as an avid Spider-Man fan and not being biased being that Spider-Man is my favorite superhero it is a must see movie hands down!!!!! Expand
  55. May 3, 2014
    That movie was the best spiderman that was made to date. The score was really good we had people singing in the theater. The characters we had people getting emotional as well. The cheesy lines Spidey says is how it's supposed to be have you ever watched the cartoon series? Also the same with the new York people its supposed to be comical its coming from a comic book lol. I'm sorry notThat movie was the best spiderman that was made to date. The score was really good we had people singing in the theater. The characters we had people getting emotional as well. The cheesy lines Spidey says is how it's supposed to be have you ever watched the cartoon series? Also the same with the new York people its supposed to be comical its coming from a comic book lol. I'm sorry not every comic book movie needs to be dark and like the dark knight. I enjoyed the movie very much the people I was with enjoyed it. The people in the theater as well. Now I will agree ryno was ridiculous and needs to go. The build up to green goblin was not very well put that's why this movie was a 8.5/10 for me. Expand
  56. May 3, 2014
    The amazing spider man 2 is quite possibly the best super hero movie I have ever watched, and is without question the best spiderman film to date. Excellent movie, the characters, plot, direction, soundtrack, and acting were all fantastic, all I could think of after watching the movie was going to see it again.
  57. May 4, 2014
    The Amazing Spide rman a mixture of action,good acting and goofiness...I was surprised of how good this movie ended up being.I'm a huge Spider man fan...this movie was the best one in my opinion...everything that you would like in a spider man movie....amazing!
  58. May 3, 2014
    The fact that this film currently has a mixed score is absurd, this is easily the best Spider-Man film to date, and one of the best superhero films ever made. I suspect much of the negativity stems from the bitterness many people have regarding Spidey not being part of the Marvel cinematic universe. But make no mistake about it, this film is far better than most Marvel movies - only theThe fact that this film currently has a mixed score is absurd, this is easily the best Spider-Man film to date, and one of the best superhero films ever made. I suspect much of the negativity stems from the bitterness many people have regarding Spidey not being part of the Marvel cinematic universe. But make no mistake about it, this film is far better than most Marvel movies - only the recent Captain America film can come close to it. It also proves that there is so much to the world of Spider-Man, that there's no need for crossovers or additional superheroes. This film is powerful, emotional, gripping, intense, and tragic. The acting is incredible and the special effects are stunning. The movie is long, but contrary to some other reviews, it never drags. The soundtrack is brilliantly done. The overall theme and message is one that we all need to be reminded of. Go see it, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  59. May 3, 2014
    Andrew Garfield is amazing as spider-man, I like a lot his performance; The special effects are amazing, the soundtrack is great, and the action scenes couldn't be better. The movie is not perfect, but it is good at all, and it exceeded my expectations...
  60. May 2, 2014
    watched the movie yesterday and I can say it is the best movie of Spider-Man. They made it as good old joker ever without exaggerating, and the script is very good! (some spoke of both the script and gave little note) For me ta fantastic script. And the action scenes do not need to say that neither are spectacular, well-designed and well fitted in every movie. Has enough drama also forwatched the movie yesterday and I can say it is the best movie of Spider-Man. They made it as good old joker ever without exaggerating, and the script is very good! (some spoke of both the script and gave little note) For me ta fantastic script. And the action scenes do not need to say that neither are spectacular, well-designed and well fitted in every movie. Has enough drama also for Gwen and Peter, is not very dramatic one without molasses, very daora! The strong point of the film for me was to report straight like to be Spider-Man, the Daily problems he has in the city and how it relates it with family and himself! Expand
  61. May 2, 2014
    So, I saw this movie last night. It was fantastic. I don't understand these negative reviews, they are completely idiotic in my opinion. The movie has awesome acting/characters/story-telling/action/etc. I absolutely loved this movie. Must see. Truly amazing in my opinion. Spiderman has never been better!
  62. May 2, 2014
    This movie is what any comic aficionado of the web slinger has been waiting for a long time. Visually astonishing, emotional and exciting. The world building will keep them high on their seat when realizing the possibilities in which this franchise can go. I have to applaud the film score of this movie that is of extreme high quality, memorable.
  63. May 2, 2014
    This movie was amazing. The pace was really good and the villains were freaking awesome. Also Andrew Garfield perfectly fits the role as spiderman and I think he is better than Toby Maguire spiderman
  64. May 3, 2014
    This movie was seriously AMAZING!!! The story line is great, the visual effects are very impressive, and the music is top notch. Very funny, dramatic, and at some moments, a little scary... :)
  65. May 5, 2014
    Excellent performances from Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Dane DeHaan; with Sally Field and Jamie Foxx adding solid performances to what was an emotionally gripping film full of amazing action. As a lifelong Spidey fan and avid comic reader, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and left feeling both completely satisfied with Amazing Spider-Man 2 and anxiously anticipating theExcellent performances from Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Dane DeHaan; with Sally Field and Jamie Foxx adding solid performances to what was an emotionally gripping film full of amazing action. As a lifelong Spidey fan and avid comic reader, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and left feeling both completely satisfied with Amazing Spider-Man 2 and anxiously anticipating the future of this franchise. For a true comic book fan, this is the best live action iteration of Spider-Man yet! Expand
  66. May 6, 2014
    Trust the user reviews, the critics are wrong!! Anyway.. TASM2 is epic. Avengers kinda of epic. (well almost!)
    Well for a single super hero anyway! Electro steals the show for me in this and Garfield and Stone chemistry is again very believable. Though it's well over 2 hours long, it passes quick, everything about it was fun and effortless especially the Spider-man action scenes and they are comic book frame perfection.. I webbed myself.
  67. May 4, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is quite possibly the best spider-man film there is. It has what Sam Raimi's spider-man trilogy lacked; comic book relevance. This movie rips straight from the ultimate spider-man comics instead of trying to create new stories and mess with them. Critics right now are being too harsh, this was a genuinely great superhero action film. It had an interesting storyThe Amazing Spider-Man 2 is quite possibly the best spider-man film there is. It has what Sam Raimi's spider-man trilogy lacked; comic book relevance. This movie rips straight from the ultimate spider-man comics instead of trying to create new stories and mess with them. Critics right now are being too harsh, this was a genuinely great superhero action film. It had an interesting story what with Harry Osborn and Max Dillon going through the unfortunate events that they do, long with the will they won't they relationship between Peter & Gwen. First of all, Andrew Garfield is PERFECT as Spider-Man/Peter Parker. While Tobey Maguire did fulfill the nerdy part of Parker, he seemed more likely to be killing people than saving them. Garfield brings everything that Spider-Man is to the big screen, funny, heroic and serious all when necessary. Emma Stone didn't have as much to do in this film as she did in the last one, as the movie mainly focuses on Peter's struggles in his current life. The chemistry between Garfield & Stone is what really makes them a believable couple in this film (Maybe because they are in real life?) Jamie Foxx was fantastic as Electro, a sympathetic nerdy fan of Spider-Man's who goes against the wallcrawler due to his shocking transformation. In the beginning you feel bad for him but as the movie goes along you realise what Peter's effect on him is. Believing that Spider-Man needs him only to find out he says he needs ll the people of New York, really breaks him as he is a character who is socially awkward and has never really had any friends, along with never getting any credit for the work he does. So he unleashes his rage against Spider-Man along with the Green Goblin. Now, it's no secret Harry Osborn becomes the Green Goblin as the trailers do show you quick looks at him, but it feels like Harry Osborn is in the movie longer than the Green Goblin is. Don't get me wrong, Dane DeHaan was amazing in this film, leaps and bounds better than James Franco was. But he is the Green Goblin, so theres a feeling that he could have been in the film as the goblin longer but was cut down to maybe a total of 20 minutes. Although all the trailers show Paul Giamatti as Rhino and make him out to be the big third villain of the film, he's only in the movie for literally 10 minutes. I wouldn't really count him as a villain under these circumstances. Other characters such as Sally Fields as Aunt May and Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn are good in the scenes they're in, it's just that they don't really have as much of an impact as the main characters do. Overall, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the greatest Spider-Man film to exist though it does seem like it's trying too hard to establish a larger universe. Expand
  68. May 4, 2014
    Definitely a worthy and entertaining sequel to the first "Amazing Spiderman" film. Like its predecessor, this one sticks remarkably close to the comics and certainly brings back a few nostalgic (and tragic) moments. The action and effects were great, if not, a little excessive at times. Andrew Garfield once again fulfills his role nicely, as does Emma Stone. Jamie Fox pulls of a decentDefinitely a worthy and entertaining sequel to the first "Amazing Spiderman" film. Like its predecessor, this one sticks remarkably close to the comics and certainly brings back a few nostalgic (and tragic) moments. The action and effects were great, if not, a little excessive at times. Andrew Garfield once again fulfills his role nicely, as does Emma Stone. Jamie Fox pulls of a decent performance as Electro, and Dane DeHaan makes for quite an impressive and sinister Harry Osborne. Overall, with the great effects, performances, and story that's remarkably loyal to the comics, this makes for one of the best and most fun Spiderman entries so far! Expand
  69. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [This review contains spoilers, so unless you've already seen the movie or just don't care, tread with caution.]

Usually I'm able to write up reviews immediately after I see a movie, but this time I had to sleep it off. As I was walking out of the theater, I had nothing but good things to say about the movie due to how fast the 2 and a half hours went by, along with other great things that will definitely be mentioned in this review... But for hours, I found myself thinking: "How did this movie get such low scores?" and as I woke up this morning, it hit me. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 may not be a bad movie, but it does throw a lot at the viewer from many different directions, which is definitely this movie's downfall. There's actually so much going on in this movie that I'm surprised Peter Parker having some kind of a mental breakdown wasn't scripted.

Starting with what makes this film a mess as opposed to what makes it shine; the first of many things that this movie throws at its audience is the absence of Peter's father, which is actually how the movie opens up. I suppose this could have been seen as necessary to the plot for the sake of Peter's back-story, but as the film moves on you'll realize that it's just one more thing that this movie has to juggle. Following that is the incredibly predictable, and not enjoyable at all thanks to the trailers that spoil it, chemistry between Gwen Stacey and Peter. This goes on throughout the entire movie in a pretty steady flow full of hardcore feels that build up to the big moment, but wait, there's more.

In addition to Peter's past and love life is the uprising of Maxwell Dillon, aka Electro, who's character build is actually pulled off pretty well. It's a shame that it nearly gets drowned out by everything else going on, including the relationship between Peter and Harry Osborn. Despite being in the film consistently from the first 30 minutes or so, Harry doesn't even make his transition into the Green Goblin until the film's final moments. Confused yet? Because there's even more.

At the very end of the movie after Peter takes a 5-month hiatus, thanks to what should have been the big finale, The Sinister Six goes into development starting with Rhino terrorizing the streets of New York. First of all, how did it take 5 whole months for any serious crimes that require Spider-Man's assistance to occur? Second, why would they close out the movie with a member of the Sinister Six fighting Spider-Man before the release of The Sinister Six movie, which Spider-Man is to have no involvement in? And finally, what in the world were they thinking when they put the final clip of the movie in the trailers? The whole time I was sitting around, I kept hearing "But wait, where's Rhino?", and if you take the clip of them in the trailers, then add credits after Spidey is about to hit him, you've got the end. Pretty lame.

However, there are actually a few sources of light in this long, dark, 2 and a half hour tunnel. What The Amazing Spider-Man 2 overloads us with is made up for with an amazing use of visual effects. Nothing looks like it's computer generated, the CGI interactions between actors is spot on, and best of all, the film opens up with scenes filmed in my home town; Rochester, NY. I actually even shouted "It's Rochester!" a couple times, but people didn't really like that too much.

The film's also pretty smart with its use of music, as opposed to simply blaring an original score whenever something gets even remotely serious. My personal favorites both involve Max, though. The first is when he becomes Electro, and an electronic song is used to portray the thoughts in his head while kicking off an interesting fight between he and Spidey. Another was towards the end of the movie and involved Electro toying with Spider-Man and playing "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider" through poles of energy. Really smart play there.

There was also a good amount of strategic foreshadowing that required knowledge of the Spider-Man universe and didn't feel like a huge addition to the already cluttered story-line. A woman named Felicia was introduced soon after Harry Osborn was, and despite not hearing her last name, I'm sure it's Hardy. Felicia Hardy is Black Cat in the Spider-Man universe, and serves as an anti-hero who I'd love to see in future films. There was also a lot to see on the holo-graphic images presented in Oscorp, but unless you have the ability to pause it, you won't get much. I also like how Doctor Octopus and Kraven were hinted at.

Overall, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is exactly what I said it was in the beginning; not a bad movie, but it does throw a lot at the viewer from many different directions, which is definitely this movie's downfall. I sincerely hope that the next couple films in the franchise aren't this cluttered, and the Sinister Six movie doesn't flop as hard as I think it will with so many stories to tell in such a short amount of time.
  70. May 10, 2014
    While the goblin fight felt a bit rushed that did not make me not love this awesome superhero movie.Ton notch storyline, great performances from the actors and the special effects were incredible.You will definitely walk out of this movie satisfied
  71. May 6, 2014
    The critics have this completely wrong and are completely out of touch with the fan base. This an excellent comic book movie. The jokes are typical of Spiderman comics and the story progression works well. (spoiler) I had my concerns before watching this film because I was worried about how Electro was advertised as the lead villain however the Green Goblin has been done justice in thisThe critics have this completely wrong and are completely out of touch with the fan base. This an excellent comic book movie. The jokes are typical of Spiderman comics and the story progression works well. (spoiler) I had my concerns before watching this film because I was worried about how Electro was advertised as the lead villain however the Green Goblin has been done justice in this film and I was pleasantly surprised. Expand
  72. May 10, 2014
    As the title says AMAZING jus AMAZING!!! Stone and Garfield are awsome and Dane DeHaan wow! I didn´t know he can act so good! forget what the critics say, this movie is really good!
  73. May 13, 2014
    i don't get why so many people are hating on this movie or saying its ok. I thought this movie was awesome with electro as an awesome villain by Jamie fox. I liked the new harry Osborn as green goblin and also another fantastic job by Andrew Garfield aswell. there is awesome action seens and the cgi affects are great. I would definetly recommend this movie to anyone and spiderman isi don't get why so many people are hating on this movie or saying its ok. I thought this movie was awesome with electro as an awesome villain by Jamie fox. I liked the new harry Osborn as green goblin and also another fantastic job by Andrew Garfield aswell. there is awesome action seens and the cgi affects are great. I would definetly recommend this movie to anyone and spiderman is absolutely the best. period Expand
  74. May 2, 2014
    AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, EXCITING, ROMANTIC, FUNNY!

This Movie is ALL you need in a Cincecomic! Is pure Spider-Man! For me: the best Spider-Man Movie, despite its small flaws (like every cinecomic), and I loved it! Andrew Gardielf, Emma Stone, Sally Field and Dane DeHaan were great! And the final is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a cinecomic movie, really really moving.
    AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, EXCITING, ROMANTIC, FUNNY!

Great Movie, great Cinecomic, great Spider-Man!
  75. May 2, 2014
    This sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man is bigger and bolder in every way: more villains, more subplots and storylines, more action sequences and CGI, etc. There is a lot riding on this sequel, because after this Sony is planning an Amazing Spider-Man 3 and 4, a Sinister Six film, and a Venom film. Sony is trying to replicate the billions of dollars Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)This sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man is bigger and bolder in every way: more villains, more subplots and storylines, more action sequences and CGI, etc. There is a lot riding on this sequel, because after this Sony is planning an Amazing Spider-Man 3 and 4, a Sinister Six film, and a Venom film. Sony is trying to replicate the billions of dollars Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has made, and to do that means a bigger universe and more characters, right? The reviews for this movie have been mixed. This movie has a lot of pressure on it to succeed, and in some people’s opinions that didn’t happen because of the comparisons to the original Sam Raimi trilogy (Spider-Man 2 in particular, and Spider-Man 3 due to the fact that each have 3 villains) and the comic book source material.

The question is: does The Amazing Spider-Man 2 surpass its predecessors? I do like the original movies. I will always have a place for them—I grew up with them as a kid; I once thought Spider-Man 3 was the best movie ever! However, I have re-watched them (I own the entire trilogy on DVD, even Spider-Man 2.1) and I now see they aren’t perfect. I have also reviewed them on Metacritic; so I won’t get so in-depth here. Nostalgia’s a mixed bag, isn’t it?

In my personal opinion, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is better than The Amazing Spider-Man and slightly surpasses the original trilogy. Why do I believe that? Well, it’s honestly because it feels more fun and exciting to ME; the action in the film and the personality of Spider-Man is appealing to ME.
    The cast is great and has improved. Andrew Garfield has done a better job of making Peter more funny and playful now in this second film instead of the jerk and douchebag he was in the first. Gwen and Peter’s relationship in this film is as cute as ever. In real life Andrew and Emma Stone are a couple. And so their on-and-off screen chemistry works out beautifully in my opinion; they are great (even if their relationship is pretty bumpy in the movie). Aunt May shows more emotion.

Now, some will compare this to Spider-Man 3 simply because they each have three villains. But Rhino has a small and minor role in this film; he is only in the film for a total of 5 or 6 minutes, including without his mech-suit. So he almost doesn’t count, and that leaves Electro and the Green Goblin. I personally liked both but both are a bit rushed. Dane DeHaan is a great Harry Osborn: he’s charismatic, gives depth to the character, and delivers a level of anger and sorrow I haven’t seen in him before. I think he wouldn’t have felt so rushed if he had been introduced in the first film. Max Dillon’s transformation from Spider-Man-obsessed, electrical worker nobody to super-powerful super-villain is done OK. However, his reasons of hatred toward Spider-Man are a bit weak. The trio of villains could’ve had more screentime as their alter-egos, and I think there should’ve been more of a bigger fight between them and Spider-Man. Electro wasn’t used to his full potential, and neither was the Green Goblin. (Maybe we’ll see more in TASM 3 or the Sinister Six?) Both of these classic villains had a change in design, but I still like their look; I honestly never had a problem with it. The new films might not be the most faithful to the comics, but things change. I understand that hardcore fans might be upset, but in Hollywood movies adaptations often stray a bit from the source material. I have accepted this change. The CGI and color palette from the trailers, featurettes, TV spots, etc., has definitely improved (As an example, that one scene where Spider-Man hits the Rhino with a sewer lid—the background that was bright blue against an orange explosion has improved, darker, and more realistic colors.)

The whole movie moves too quick from scene to scene. Villains weren’t used to full potential. The movie relies too heavily on bait/teases for future films. It’s like an ad, for an ad, for an ad. It feels less like a movie and more like a chapter in a book. His greatest battle? His greatest battle so far! However, all things considered, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a good movie, yet flawed. I hope if you disagree with me that this detailed review at least explains well enough my point of view.

If you liked this in-depth review, please read my other ones on a wide variety of movies and TV shows (including the original Spider-Man trilogy and other superhero movies) by clicking on my name or obviously on the “Read this User’s Reviews” button, and please mark this review as helpful. I put as much thought and effort into these reviews as I can, and it’s just a hobby so I’d be thankful. I almost passed my maximum character limit!

*SPOILERS AHEAD*
    The character of Gwen Stacy died too soon. She had more potential and was just a great character; I liked her a lot more than Kirsten Dunst’s Mary Jane. Electro’s APPARENT death was too quick and easy, he should’ve given Spider-Man more of a fight. The same goes for the Green Gobli
  76. May 2, 2014
    Com 'on people there is too much unnecessary hate for this movie. it's very good there is nothing wrong with it (great acting, amazing story, brilliant directing, had action,comedy and even a bit of romance maybe there was a bit of kissing than you'd have on an action movie but it wasn't as bad as some say) and it's surprisingly that most of that hate is coming from fans like us. the storyCom 'on people there is too much unnecessary hate for this movie. it's very good there is nothing wrong with it (great acting, amazing story, brilliant directing, had action,comedy and even a bit of romance maybe there was a bit of kissing than you'd have on an action movie but it wasn't as bad as some say) and it's surprisingly that most of that hate is coming from fans like us. the story developed as it should have been, you don't get bored in the middle waiting for an amazing revel or a fight you're waiting to see it all happens when you want it to. but after saying that it's not all action you can't have a movie full of just fighting without saying why or for what they are fighting (so the complains about not as action as I thought is unfair). SO overall the movie is very great and the chemistry is at it top with this amazing cast everyone is great in the movie, everyone has done their job as they should. let's not forget that this is a different way of telling the story it's not Tobey Maguire's Spider-man anymore. Expand
  77. May 4, 2014
    This movie is awesome!

I love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy a lot! The story is well written, nice structured and if you read the comics you'll know what's going to happen (kinda). I like the love story between Peter and Gwen even if it's complicated ^^ And now the villains: The acting of Jamie Foxx is phenomenal! Brilliant! The acting of Dane DeHaan
    This movie is awesome!

I like the love story between Peter and Gwen even if it's complicated ^^

And now the villains: The acting of Jamie Foxx is phenomenal! Brilliant! The acting of Dane DeHaan was good, but if you watched the old trilogy you'll automatically have a worse opinion from him, because truly, James Franco was better.

I'm giving the movie 10/10, because all in one- it's good!
  78. May 3, 2014
    ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss44444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss_This movie is **** awesome!!!!!!!
  79. May 2, 2014
    SPOILERS!
    SPOILERS!
    My conclusion is that " Amazing Spider Man 2" was a very good movie, Spidey 's best film to date, with excellent digital effects, great performances , many subplots and it's true .... maybe not convince the villains ; since the premise is " When enemies United ... " But that 's the only villain is Electro and looks the other villains do not have enough share, Elf appears only the last 20 Mins and Rhino does not paint a pepper in the film, only appears for 4 Mins with Giant Robot and ends with a Cliffhanger (Which I hope the next begins with the confrontation with which the film was left open ) . This film is to buy it, and not only that ... I WILL BUY THIS MOVIE WHEN AWAY! ( Of course, in Version 1 Disco DVD )

PS: I was thrilled when the movie ended , everyone applauded the room and screamed " Woohhhoo " It was exciting for me , I had not seen so many people applauding since I saw The Avengers in 2012
  80. May 5, 2014
    Beginning to realise with every passing day that the job of a critic is one that has become irrelevant and uninformed. I honestly do not think that critics have any taste for movies and this is especially been proven by this movie. this film is fantastic. The story is brilliantly paced, builds up to an explosive end and is incredibly performed by the actors. once again this is a fail onBeginning to realise with every passing day that the job of a critic is one that has become irrelevant and uninformed. I honestly do not think that critics have any taste for movies and this is especially been proven by this movie. this film is fantastic. The story is brilliantly paced, builds up to an explosive end and is incredibly performed by the actors. once again this is a fail on behalf of the critics. WATCH THIS FILM. its better than any pretentious half hearted BS the critics would prefer giving a good rating to.... Expand
  81. May 4, 2014
    Exceptional movie. Everything was great - acting, effects etc. Only one downside - fil was a lil rushed and overfilled with villains, other than that it aws perfect.
  82. May 2, 2014
    I can't understand why critics don't like this movie, as the title says, the amazing spider man is amazing! tons of action, the story is very good, the enemies! daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn fantastic!
  83. May 2, 2014
    Loved the film. the pasting was off, the villains were rused and it was more Romantic then action packed, but hey, the film had brilliant acting, a SPECTACULAR soundtrack and more MEMORABLE marvel villains compared 2 most Disney films, im looking at u Iron Man 3, with breath taking moments and the most believable romantic relationship ever presented from a superhero film, Emma stoneLoved the film. the pasting was off, the villains were rused and it was more Romantic then action packed, but hey, the film had brilliant acting, a SPECTACULAR soundtrack and more MEMORABLE marvel villains compared 2 most Disney films, im looking at u Iron Man 3, with breath taking moments and the most believable romantic relationship ever presented from a superhero film, Emma stone gives a stunning performance as Gwen Stacy and Garfield is Peter Parker/Spider-Man, he is the closets to Spidy live ever seen from a live action film.

The film is riddled in flaws, yet, the films Pros are almost at par with the faults. Overall i really, really enjoyed the film, probs a bit 2 much, and im Definitely going back 2 see the film again
  84. May 2, 2014
    This movie is flawless and is surprisingly really good, when I saw the score on Metacritic, a 53? I was like all oh man. but their is one thing i learned today, screw Metacritic's score
  85. May 5, 2014
    This is in my opinion the best Spider-man or any comic book movie to date. Critics and angry fanboys couldn't be more far off. I'm glad Marvel doesn't own the rights to this series. Their movie are good, but are more based on action and an objective or mission, and Spider-man is more about the life. Spider-man needs to be just as much about Peter Parker as it does Spider-man and this movieThis is in my opinion the best Spider-man or any comic book movie to date. Critics and angry fanboys couldn't be more far off. I'm glad Marvel doesn't own the rights to this series. Their movie are good, but are more based on action and an objective or mission, and Spider-man is more about the life. Spider-man needs to be just as much about Peter Parker as it does Spider-man and this movie nails it. I enjoyed the Sam Raimi movies, even part three, but after a recent re-watch they do feel out dated by today's comic book standards even though it's only been a few years since the last one. That Spider-man seems so much stiffer and mopey. Andrew Garfield is loose, the computer effects (if you can even tell it's CG, some claim to be able too, but I don't believe them) make Spider-man loose, and nimble like he's supposed to be. I enjoyed the villains a lot too. Electro felt in the vein of Michelle Pfiefer's Catwoman to me, and even Harry was portrayed great. Expand
  86. May 2, 2014
    Just like the title, the movie is amazing! Despite some creative liberties, the film shows for the first time on film the true spirit of Spider-Man comics. Excellent, will watch again and again and again. Haters are desperate! This is the final film of the spidey!
  87. May 3, 2014
    I feel like this was one of the greatest super hero movies. It can't be compared to The Dark Knight but in its own way it truly is amazing. I was disappointed the first one(The Amazing Spider-Man) but this one made up for it. I found it easy to connect to the characters which made the story better, especially near the end. Even though everybody else(critics) rated it bad I urge you toI feel like this was one of the greatest super hero movies. It can't be compared to The Dark Knight but in its own way it truly is amazing. I was disappointed the first one(The Amazing Spider-Man) but this one made up for it. I found it easy to connect to the characters which made the story better, especially near the end. Even though everybody else(critics) rated it bad I urge you to watch it for yourself without bias. P.S coolest special effects ever! Expand
  88. May 4, 2014
    I really though TASM 2 was good they are really setting up a universes which gets me excited I can wait for the next I think its gonna be great. I thought they set up the characters perfectly as a fan of the comics but I would say TASM 2 was more about setting up the trilogy which I really liked and I understand they change somethings up in the adaptions to the movies and that doesn'tI really though TASM 2 was good they are really setting up a universes which gets me excited I can wait for the next I think its gonna be great. I thought they set up the characters perfectly as a fan of the comics but I would say TASM 2 was more about setting up the trilogy which I really liked and I understand they change somethings up in the adaptions to the movies and that doesn't bother me. It wasn't filled with action but the action that did happen was amazing. Expand
  89. May 9, 2014
    Much better movie than spider man 3, yet according to the critics, spider man 3 was more well recieved. Makes no sense at all.
    The movie successfully captures the essence of what being spider man is. Spidey is a light hearted character who lives in a dark world, but that doesn't make Spider Man dark. Definitely this movie does not deserve all this criticism.
  90. Jul 31, 2014
    Yes folks it is indeed that time of the year..again. Where does the year go?. We can all start to smell the freshly popped popcorn in movie theaters, we are starting to wear shorts (well maybe if you don't live in Michigan) right now it is a cool 50 degrees. I digress, I'm referring to the opening of the summer movie going season, and this year's olympian taking the helm is "The AmazingYes folks it is indeed that time of the year..again. Where does the year go?. We can all start to smell the freshly popped popcorn in movie theaters, we are starting to wear shorts (well maybe if you don't live in Michigan) right now it is a cool 50 degrees. I digress, I'm referring to the opening of the summer movie going season, and this year's olympian taking the helm is "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and kicks off the summer in a sporting fashion.
    Sure it does not live up to "Iron Man 3" or "The Avengers". However, in the realm of the Spider-Man universe. Marc Webb has enough emotional connectivity to subdue an audience in a trance, With the stunning growth of Spider-Man himself, Andrew Garfield and on screen girlfriend, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Aside from the original "Spider-Man 2" directed by Sam Rami. This fun, and family friendly adventure is most notably the web slinger's best adventure yet. The tagline itself declares "His biggest battle..begins" and to that I say, indeed it has.

A few years have passed since we saw "Spider-Man" on screen, and a lot of things have changed. Peter Parker is battling some inner demons. Dealing with the guilt of dating Gwen, after he promised her father (as Spider-Man) he would leave her out of it his life. Upon graduating high school the two are forced to make some tough decisions. Though that does not stop Max Dillon (Jamie Foxx) a pencil pusher, who everyone ignores, from falling in a vault of electric shock eels and be zap to smithereens. Causing him to become a forced to be reckoned with. "Don't you know...he's Electro". We also get introduced to an ACTUAL Green Goblin, in the form of Dane DeHaan, forcing Peter Parker to reconcile and understand the consequences of his own actions, even if that means hurting the people he loves most. At the same time finding the undiscovered truth about his parents.

I should probably admit now, I was not a huge fan of the reboot "The Amazing Spider-Man" I just don't think I was ready for a reboot yet, and I felt the original "Spider-Man" accomplished more with characters. Plus, with that being said, you knew what was going to happen. Not to mention that the villain was bogus .. I mean The Lizard?! .. give me a break. Needless to say, Marc Webb has fixed those issues, but inclines new ones. It's very clear that Andrew Garfield has come into the role of Peter Parker, and you can clearly feel that within the opening scenes, and it's just a treat to watch. The on-screen romance between Parker and Stacey was one of the best in recent memory. Sally Field also returns as the wonderful Aunt May.

In addition, Marc Webb takes things a bit too far. There were so many characters to keep up with (I thought) and the balance was just not there. I think Electro had fifteen minutes of actual screentime and two battles. Granted, those battles were slick, cool and engaging. I just wanted a little bit more of that blue looking smurf guy. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" was trying to make the audience feel empathy and to be sappy. The theme of the film is resounding throughout, about facing your fears and dealing with life (something I can appreciate). It's just hard to take it seriously when the film tries to cater to a younger audience, instead of setting a tone throughout the whole film. Films like "The Dark Knight Rises" or last month's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" which solidified it's tone and never changed. "Spider-Man 2" distinctly goes back and forth and at times get's confusing.

Of course, what is a good Spider-Man film without it's villains. The resurrection of the Green Goblin is a sweet one. A big thank you goes out to Dane DeHaan for reinventing this character to groundbreakingly new heights. A way that James Franco or Willem Dafoe could never dream off. Was Jamie Foxx the best choice to play Electro? Sure why not. Was I particularly moved by his performance? not entirely. The character is fun but, if speaking literally, anyone can play it. The battle sequences themselves, were impressive. I screened the film in IMAX 3D and trust me what an experience it was. My heart was probably about to beat out of my chest in the film's climactic battle.The visual effects have improved vastly, since the last adventure. You can tell the crew had a much bigger budget to cater with.

Usually, the summer movie going season is a fun time. Studios release their big tent poles and never hold back. The summer is already off to a great start. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is a blast, and probably the best adventure we have seen the masked crusader in. Marc Webb has some nice stylized sequences that will make any fanboy happy. Not to mention any casual movie-goer. I will probably see this film again for it's fun energetic pace. The two and half hour run-time just flies by. I had some high expectations heading into this film. I mean if you're going to kick of the summer, you better do it right. Once again, Marvel and their ever expanding world of characters, never disappoint. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" has brought new life into this franchise, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for these characters.

B

Studio: Sony
    Release Date: May 2nd 2014

Thanks For Stopping Buy.
  91. May 10, 2014
    This movie suprised me, I thought this was just going to be an adverage superhero movie, but the visual effects, the make you chuckle humour and the slightly suspencful plot line just makes it swing up to above adverage. The movie tries to make you laugh (it almost did) and it tries to make you feel bad for Peter (Almost there...). Although some would be complaining aboout the amount ofThis movie suprised me, I thought this was just going to be an adverage superhero movie, but the visual effects, the make you chuckle humour and the slightly suspencful plot line just makes it swing up to above adverage. The movie tries to make you laugh (it almost did) and it tries to make you feel bad for Peter (Almost there...). Although some would be complaining aboout the amount of CGI (me), it was well made and does the job well as a Spiderman movie.

IT'S ALMOST WORTH IT, THAT'S A MOVIE MANIAC'S DREAM, GO SEE IT...
  92. May 15, 2014
    Sou fã do Homem-Aranha desde a infância. A trilogia anterior nunca me satisfez, pois colocava o Homem Aranha não como brincalhão, mas como um tolo. Esse reboot da série faz imensa justiça ao cabeça de teia dos quadrinhos. O primeiro filme já foi bom, mas esse segundo é muito melhor. Conseguiu traduzir plenamente a carga dramática da vida do super-heroi e a verdadeira face do Homem Aranha.Sou fã do Homem-Aranha desde a infância. A trilogia anterior nunca me satisfez, pois colocava o Homem Aranha não como brincalhão, mas como um tolo. Esse reboot da série faz imensa justiça ao cabeça de teia dos quadrinhos. O primeiro filme já foi bom, mas esse segundo é muito melhor. Conseguiu traduzir plenamente a carga dramática da vida do super-heroi e a verdadeira face do Homem Aranha. É um filme feito e pensado para quem tem o homem aranha das HQs na cabeça. Além de tudo, nota dez para o desempenho dos atores que conseguiram na telona justificar todo o amor entre Peter Parker e Gwen Stacy, química nota dez. Expand
  93. May 12, 2014
    Look at those critics bashing this film. I do agree that this film does feel slightly rushed, but this is a solid movie. This film has an awesome score and fantastic special effects.
  94. May 6, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is an enjoyable film for fans of Spiderman, or just someone who wants to see a funny or action movie. There is a great blend of comedy and action, with a hint of romance. The Amazing Spiderman 2 tells the story of Spiderman and Max. Max is a nobody, as he has no friends and nobody cares about him. He works at Oscorp, which is also where Peter Parker’s (Spiderman’s)The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is an enjoyable film for fans of Spiderman, or just someone who wants to see a funny or action movie. There is a great blend of comedy and action, with a hint of romance. The Amazing Spiderman 2 tells the story of Spiderman and Max. Max is a nobody, as he has no friends and nobody cares about him. He works at Oscorp, which is also where Peter Parker’s (Spiderman’s) girlfriend works. The CEO dies and Peter’s old friend becomes CEO of the business. He finds out he has a disease which can only be cured by Spiderman’s blood. Peter worries that using his blood may kill him. At the same time Max is involved in an accident, and turns into Elektro. Max doesn’t want to be bad, and is just misunderstood due to his appearance. The only negative was brands being shoved down your throat. There was a “super cool” fight between spiderman, the police and Elektro, which was a great memorable scene, but everything was taken way from the scene because every few seconds when the camera turned back to spiderman, only part of the screen was him, half the screen was the background of a Disney store. Minutes later, the fight is shown on the news… via a TV with a Sony logo on it. I warn anyone sensitive to flashing images to avoid this film, as towards the end of the film there is a scene where the whole screen flashes for about two minutes. However, I recommend this film to anyone else looking for an action, comic or comedy film. I give the amazing Spiderman 2 a 9/10. Expand
  95. May 3, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is finally here! and this movie kicks ass! DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. Go in and have an awesome time because this movie is a fun fun fun ride. There are problems yes, but no movie is without flaws and this movie HEAVILY out weighs the good with bad. here are my ratings:

1. Cast: 9/10 - great preformances from all except Paul Giamatti (IMO, however that may have had to do with the little screen time.)
    2. Action: 9/10- audiences will love the final battle between Electro and Goblin
    3. Plot: 8/10
    4. Score: 7/10- I love hans zimmer but unfortuantly he isnt as strong here. a few hits for sure.
    5. Effects: 10/10
    6. Theater Experience: 9/10
    I will not go in depth here and ruin the movie but go see this movie and ignore the critics!
  96. May 6, 2014
    The best spider man movie ever make all spider man fan cry.Electro is awesome but Harry osborn is the main villian in the movie.The best green globin.Andrew and Emma are amazing.The soundtrack is so poweful and the credits music beautifuls.As a say the best Spider man movie.
  97. May 10, 2014
    I love this movie! It was pretty epic in parts, and I think there's not much wrong about it like the critics are saying. One thing I didn't like about it was how fast Electro came and went. He was suppose to be the villain in this movie. I felt like he was under used. That was probably the only thing I didn't like about it. The Amazing Spider-Man was very dramatic more than anything, inI love this movie! It was pretty epic in parts, and I think there's not much wrong about it like the critics are saying. One thing I didn't like about it was how fast Electro came and went. He was suppose to be the villain in this movie. I felt like he was under used. That was probably the only thing I didn't like about it. The Amazing Spider-Man was very dramatic more than anything, in my opinion which isn't a bad thing. Expand
  98. May 11, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a good movie that might not be as cramped as Spiderman 3, but it still suffers from the fact that there are two many enemies, even though one of them is barely in the movie (which I personally didn't mind as he seemed rather uninteresting). Electro has a good screentime, but the Green Goblin and the entire storyline surrounding him is rushed beyond belief. TheyThe Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a good movie that might not be as cramped as Spiderman 3, but it still suffers from the fact that there are two many enemies, even though one of them is barely in the movie (which I personally didn't mind as he seemed rather uninteresting). Electro has a good screentime, but the Green Goblin and the entire storyline surrounding him is rushed beyond belief. They really should have stretched it into another movie.
    But apart from that I really liked it. The music is great, the chemistry between Peter and Gwen is absolutely perfect, they actually pick up the storyline about Peter's parents and so on.
  99. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

The Good: As expected, the effects were top notch ... but were even above and beyond expectations. Spidey's web-slinging and battle scenes were among the best I have ever seen in a comic book film. The bar has certainly been raised. While he was solid in the first film, Garfield knocked it out of the park in this one as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Once he became the villainous Electro, Jamie Foxx was excellent. Dane DeHaan and Emma Stone absolutely stole the show though. Stone was charming, witty, and the perfect Gwen Stacy. DeHaan was an amazing balance of victim and aggressor. His back-and-forth from dark to light and back was well done.

The Bad: At 2:30 it is too long ... and feels it. There is a stretch in the middle that feels especially long and I can't help but feel that some of it could have been cut from the film. While Spidey typically fights a lot of villains and has a lot going on in the comics, that aspect felt busy here and at times a bit hectic and rushed. Lastly, when Foxx was Max Dillon (pre-Electro change), he was sort of annoying and I couldn't wait for his transformation.
  100. May 2, 2014
    It's real cool film! 1st part - sux, but thz.....very cool! I advise everyone to watch this kino.Hodil with a girl, she thought that it would be spat.Otorvat the movie was not possible!

Bloated and often boring and has absolutely no reason to exist, but that it also hits its marks. No fanboy will pass it up. No studio head will lose his or her job.
  2. Reviewed by: Lawrence Toppman
    May 1, 2014
    The movie feels not only calculated but tired.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    May 1, 2014
    ASM 2 makes too many of the same mistakes that have brought other superhero movies low (including Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man 3"). It tries to pack in too many characters and plot lines, for one.