6.9

1. May 2, 2014
    THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING ! Once again the critics are so far way off base as you will find out when thousands of people flock the the big screen on Friday nite. top notch story line, off the hook effects that will blow you out of your seat and wanting more which you will get, acting was superb and the ending was asum and did not leave you hanging like most movies. So satisifing that I would compair it to an orgasum. You will gasp, you will laugh, you will cry, it has it all and all at the right moment. Your fingers and toes will hurt when you leave the theater because its a white knuckle ride from start to finish. Dont leave right after the movie, there is a surprize clip. Im going to go and see it again tomorrow nite { Friday Night } in a packed house. I went to midnight showing on Thursday and there were about 50 people in the theater, people have to work on Friday and can't function on 3 hours of sleep, thats why it was not packed. But all 50 of us were clapping and cheering hard at the end. And nothing but positive comments. Cant wait to see the next one. CRITICS...PLEASE GET A DAY JOB AND LET US REAL PEOPLE WRITE THE REVIEWS !!!!! Best movie of the year and will be very hard to beat. Trust me...GO SEE THIS MOVIE, IT IS A MUST SEE MOVIE. Not to mention it is a touching, motivating and inspiring movie. Captain America did not even come close to SM2. P.S. Check out the user review that begins with { Lamo } and gave this movie a rating of 3. Then think about why his user name begins with Lamo. Cause his review was LAMO. But we all have a right to score how we wish. Just dont pay no attention to that review. Doesn't even seem like he saw the right movie at all or was watching Captain America which I found to be bland and would give Captain America about a 5 or 6 at most. Expand
  2. May 2, 2014
    Amazing! Great build-up for at least another two movies, as we all know. A great act of an epic saga. This Film has character-depth, character-development, an awesome score and an absolutely epic feeling in 3D.
  3. May 2, 2014
    EPIC from start to finish!! Don't listen to the critics saying that these movies shouldn't exist. Who cares that it has not been that long since the original trilogy? Marc Webb is doing an awesome job with Spider-Man and this one left me wanting more!! It's a must see in IMAX 3D!!
  4. May 2, 2014
    An 'AmazinG' 3D film thanks to its spectacular visual effects and production, such as production design, editing and sound. I really enjoyed The Amazing Spider-man 2. I liked the fact that its mood wasn't too serious and dark in comparison to the other Marvel films, even though, it has its serious and emotive moments. I also liked the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. It was fun watching them together. In my opinion, this film made me remember the firsts Superman films. There was certain kind of mood in the characters and situations that took me to those ones, which is something that I liked from this one. And finally, I think Marc Webb made a good job, I personally liked some cute and interesting shots. I recommend it in 3D. Expand
  5. May 2, 2014
    Amazing pretty much says it all. I've seen the 1st Amazing Spider-Man about 20 times because of how well landed the characters were... with deeply rooted story. All the back story is pretty much the 1st film, Amazing Spider-Man 2 picks up were the first film ended (Maybe with a couple days gone by.) (don't worry no spoilers here.) Also no matter what age you are, I can honestly say you'll love this film. A great deal of love is well woven into the (well-written) story. 100% A+ 10/10 Expand
  6. May 2, 2014
    I just gone done watching the IMAX premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and it was SUPERB. I won't put any spoilers in here but it is def the best Spider-Man movie to date. Marc Webb is really coming along in his directing of Spider-Man and did an Amazing job with casting especially casting Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn or AKA "The Green Goblin" which btw is my favorite villain of all time. Anyways the acting was excellent as well as the story if you pay attention there are a ton of references to a ton of stuff in the universe. The action was top-notch in every way possible it blew the 1st film out of the water in that respect and I can't wait for the next film. In my opinion as an avid Spider-Man fan and not being biased being that Spider-Man is my favorite superhero it is a must see movie hands down!!!!! Expand
  7. May 2, 2014
    AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, EXCITING, ROMANTIC, FUNNY!

This Movie is ALL you need in a Cincecomic! Is pure Spider-Man! For me: the best Spider-Man Movie, despite its small flaws (like every cinecomic), and I loved it! Andrew Gardielf, Emma Stone, Sally Field and Dane DeHaan were great! And the final is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a cinecomic movie, really really moving.

Great Movie, great Cinecomic, great Spider-Man!
  8. May 2, 2014
    So, I saw this movie last night. It was fantastic. I don't understand these negative reviews, they are completely idiotic in my opinion. The movie has awesome acting/characters/story-telling/action/etc. I absolutely loved this movie. Must see. Truly amazing in my opinion. Spiderman has never been better!
  9. May 3, 2014
    I really don't understand some critics at times, just like with Man of Steel, I feel the critics went into this movie already prepared to dislike it, this movie does have some problems but most of them stem from personal preference, the tone jumps around a lot, at times it feels really mature and is catering to adults then the next scene something is said or done that makes you feel that it's catering to kids, so at times you get the feeling that this movie suffers from an identity crisis, then u throw in the fact that 1 or 2 of the villains in this movie were simply not needed and that the aspirations of this movie were so huge that they kept throwing things into it that weren't needed... I know it sounds like i'm really down on this movie so here's the surprise...

I LOVED THIS MOVIE... Earlier I said it comes down to personal preference, I didn't mind the change in tone from serious adult movie to catering to kids at times and there was some really cheesy dialog but I can forgive that because this movie was just so darn entertaining, I wanna make one thing clear... Andrew Garfield owns this character of Spider-Man/Peter Parker, regardless of if he's in or out of the suit he is the character from how he loves being spidey, his love for Gwen and his fear of losing her, his relationship with aunt May all the way to how he interacts with the villains, sony needs to sign him to more Spider-Man movies beyond the third, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's chemistry on screen almost feels unfair to any other pairing it's so perfect...

Like I said earlier this movie has some problems but I overlooked all of them because for me they were small nitpicks that didn't take away from the overall enjoyment of the film, this movie is the definition of a Summer blockbuster, it's got action, mystery, romance and heartbreak, everything I like about these comic movies so for me... and I don't do this much... it's a 10
  10. May 2, 2014
    Just like the title, the movie is amazing! Despite some creative liberties, the film shows for the first time on film the true spirit of Spider-Man comics. Excellent, will watch again and again and again. Haters are desperate! This is the final film of the spidey!
  11. May 2, 2014
    I can't understand why critics don't like this movie, as the title says, the amazing spider man is amazing! tons of action, the story is very good, the enemies! daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn fantastic!
  12. May 3, 2014
    This movie is awesome, if you are a fan of the comic, you can't miss this one. I feel the critics are out of touch with the fan base for this movie (surprise, surprise). Spider-Man 2 takes some time to build the momentum at the end, but it is to understand why Peter Parker is the why it is, and why his decisions bring heavy consequences. Just like the comic, the movie brings humor, emotions, quality action, awesome enemies and also awesome friends. If you like Spider-Man, if you grew up with Spider-Man like I did, this movie is a no brainer.

TL:DR I love it and I would watch it again and again.
  13. May 2, 2014
    The movie is really good, the visual effects are amazing and the plot was good, but Electro had a terrible motivation to be a villain and the best villain of the movie(Green Goblin) had a short screen time.
  14. May 2, 2014
    This movie is what any comic aficionado of the web slinger has been waiting for a long time. Visually astonishing, emotional and exciting. The world building will keep them high on their seat when realizing the possibilities in which this franchise can go. I have to applaud the film score of this movie that is of extreme high quality, memorable.
  15. May 2, 2014
    This movie is flawless and is surprisingly really good, when I saw the score on Metacritic, a 53? I was like all oh man. but their is one thing i learned today, screw Metacritic's score
  16. May 2, 2014
    This movie was amazing. The pace was really good and the villains were freaking awesome. Also Andrew Garfield perfectly fits the role as spiderman and I think he is better than Toby Maguire spiderman
  17. May 2, 2014
    Loved the film. the pasting was off, the villains were rused and it was more Romantic then action packed, but hey, the film had brilliant acting, a SPECTACULAR soundtrack and more MEMORABLE marvel villains compared 2 most Disney films, im looking at u Iron Man 3, with breath taking moments and the most believable romantic relationship ever presented from a superhero film, Emma stone gives a stunning performance as Gwen Stacy and Garfield is Peter Parker/Spider-Man, he is the closets to Spidy live ever seen from a live action film.

The film is riddled in flaws, yet, the films Pros are almost at par with the faults. Overall i really, really enjoyed the film, probs a bit 2 much, and im Definitely going back 2 see the film again
  18. May 2, 2014
    Com 'on people there is too much unnecessary hate for this movie. it's very good there is nothing wrong with it (great acting, amazing story, brilliant directing, had action,comedy and even a bit of romance maybe there was a bit of kissing than you'd have on an action movie but it wasn't as bad as some say) and it's surprisingly that most of that hate is coming from fans like us. the story developed as it should have been, you don't get bored in the middle waiting for an amazing revel or a fight you're waiting to see it all happens when you want it to. but after saying that it's not all action you can't have a movie full of just fighting without saying why or for what they are fighting (so the complains about not as action as I thought is unfair). SO overall the movie is very great and the chemistry is at it top with this amazing cast everyone is great in the movie, everyone has done their job as they should. let's not forget that this is a different way of telling the story it's not Tobey Maguire's Spider-man anymore. Expand
  19. May 2, 2014
    This is the movie that Spider-Man deserves. It is, indeed, amazing; Marc Webb and his team succeeded in this film, where all others have failed in adapting the story of Spidey: breathtaking scenes in the right sequence, which in my view, were perfectly adequate and framed; concise and convincing performances of the actors; heartbreaking scenes balanced with signature jokes of our neighborhood friend. Lastly, after all the events, the tender feeling of slowly leave the cine wondering when the next movie of the franchise will be released. Expand
  20. May 2, 2014
    watched the movie yesterday and I can say it is the best movie of Spider-Man. They made it as good old joker ever without exaggerating, and the script is very good! (some spoke of both the script and gave little note) For me ta fantastic script. And the action scenes do not need to say that neither are spectacular, well-designed and well fitted in every movie. Has enough drama also for Gwen and Peter, is not very dramatic one without molasses, very daora! The strong point of the film for me was to report straight like to be Spider-Man, the Daily problems he has in the city and how it relates it with family and himself! Expand
  21. May 3, 2014
    The Amazzing Spider-Man 2 is a movie that we can see the TRUE Spider-Man and the TRUE Peter Parker in a way we never seen before. Andrew Garfield is the persona of the character, Emma Stone is lovely like always and Dane DeHaan portrayed a Harry Osborn carismatic and lunatic at the same time. Terric!
  22. May 3, 2014
    This movie was seriously AMAZING!!! The story line is great, the visual effects are very impressive, and the music is top notch. Very funny, dramatic, and at some moments, a little scary... :)
  23. May 2, 2014
    Marc Webb manages again, almost ironically, to deliver a nice Spider Man movie to the fans.

As many noted , the movie itself focus on Peter and Gwen's romance and less in the action scenes and villains, but that is why Gwen has a critical point to the plot. Even though it's not 100% loyal to the comics, they're trying to bring the most relevant points to the movies.

Andrew Garfield
    has improved as both Peter Parker and Spider Man, making you laugh with Spidey's sense of humor and charisma, while Peter makes you cry when he struggles to be with Gwen and protect her at the same time.

Some of the stuff showed in the trailer were cut from the movie. The movie could have been bigger and the villains and Spider Man could have showed up more, but the movie is an introduction to something even bigger. Hope the next movie shows a even bigger fight and maybe Spidey can show up in The Avengers 3.
  24. May 5, 2014
    Beginning to realise with every passing day that the job of a critic is one that has become irrelevant and uninformed. I honestly do not think that critics have any taste for movies and this is especially been proven by this movie. this film is fantastic. The story is brilliantly paced, builds up to an explosive end and is incredibly performed by the actors. once again this is a fail on behalf of the critics. WATCH THIS FILM. its better than any pretentious half hearted BS the critics would prefer giving a good rating to.... Expand
  25. May 3, 2014
    That movie was the best spiderman that was made to date. The score was really good we had people singing in the theater. The characters we had people getting emotional as well. The cheesy lines Spidey says is how it's supposed to be have you ever watched the cartoon series? Also the same with the new York people its supposed to be comical its coming from a comic book lol. I'm sorry not every comic book movie needs to be dark and like the dark knight. I enjoyed the movie very much the people I was with enjoyed it. The people in the theater as well. Now I will agree ryno was ridiculous and needs to go. The build up to green goblin was not very well put that's why this movie was a 8.5/10 for me. Expand
  26. May 5, 2014
    This movie is amazing! The standard was raised with how amazing the new captain America was but this is film is very close in quality. The film is fun yet sad, just as spiderman films should be. Electro is a great villain and the acting was amazing but nearly all involved! Dane Dehann was a great Harry Osborn! The film ends with many questions left to be answered and a lot of people didn't like that but I find myself just that much more excited for the third film! Go see it!!!! ps. Critics are bad at their job Expand
  27. May 3, 2014
    The amazing spider man 2 is quite possibly the best super hero movie I have ever watched, and is without question the best spiderman film to date. Excellent movie, the characters, plot, direction, soundtrack, and acting were all fantastic, all I could think of after watching the movie was going to see it again.
  28. May 4, 2014
    The Amazing Spide rman a mixture of action,good acting and goofiness...I was surprised of how good this movie ended up being.I'm a huge Spider man fan...this movie was the best one in my opinion...everything that you would like in a spider man movie....amazing!
  29. May 4, 2014
    Loved the movie. Kinda happy for the whole reboot to be more a lil' close to the comic book. I do love Tobey's Spider-Man(s) but the reboot is amazing as well. Acting is great as well. A must see for all (family, kids, comic book readers, Marvel fans).
  30. May 4, 2014
    This movie is awesome! I love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy a lot! The story is well written, nice structured and if you read the comics you'll know what's going to happen (kinda). I like the love story between Peter and Gwen even if it's complicated ^^ And now the villains: The acting of Jamie Foxx is phenomenal! Brilliant! The acting of Dane DeHaan was good, but if you watched the old trilogy you'll automatically have a worse opinion from him, because truly, James Franco was better.

I'm giving the movie 10/10, because all in one- it's good!
  31. May 2, 2014
    It's real cool film! 1st part - sux, but thz.....very cool! I advise everyone to watch this kino.Hodil with a girl, she thought that it would be spat.Otorvat the movie was not possible!
  32. May 3, 2014
    The fact that this film currently has a mixed score is absurd, this is easily the best Spider-Man film to date, and one of the best superhero films ever made. I suspect much of the negativity stems from the bitterness many people have regarding Spidey not being part of the Marvel cinematic universe. But make no mistake about it, this film is far better than most Marvel movies - only the recent Captain America film can come close to it. It also proves that there is so much to the world of Spider-Man, that there's no need for crossovers or additional superheroes. This film is powerful, emotional, gripping, intense, and tragic. The acting is incredible and the special effects are stunning. The movie is long, but contrary to some other reviews, it never drags. The soundtrack is brilliantly done. The overall theme and message is one that we all need to be reminded of. Go see it, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  33. May 3, 2014
    ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss44444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss_This movie is **** awesome!!!!!!!
  34. May 4, 2014
    Exceptional movie. Everything was great - acting, effects etc. Only one downside - fil was a lil rushed and overfilled with villains, other than that it aws perfect.
  35. May 5, 2014
    Excellent performances from Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Dane DeHaan; with Sally Field and Jamie Foxx adding solid performances to what was an emotionally gripping film full of amazing action. As a lifelong Spidey fan and avid comic reader, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and left feeling both completely satisfied with Amazing Spider-Man 2 and anxiously anticipating the future of this franchise. For a true comic book fan, this is the best live action iteration of Spider-Man yet! Expand
  36. May 6, 2014
    Trust the user reviews, the critics are wrong!! Anyway.. TASM2 is epic. Avengers kinda of epic. (well almost!)
    Well for a single super hero anyway! Electro steals the show for me in this and Garfield and Stone chemistry is again very believable. Though it's well over 2 hours long, it passes quick, everything about it was fun and effortless especially the Spider-man action scenes and
    they are comic book frame perfection.. I webbed myself. Expand
  37. May 2, 2014
    SPOILERS!
    My conclusion is that " Amazing Spider Man 2" was a very good movie, Spidey 's best film to date, with excellent digital effects, great performances , many subplots and it's true .... maybe not convince the villains ; since the premise is " When enemies United ... " But that 's the only villain is Electro and looks the other villains do not have enough share, Elf appears only
    the last 20 Mins and Rhino does not paint a pepper in the film, only appears for 4 Mins with Giant Robot and ends with a Cliffhanger (Which I hope the next begins with the confrontation with which the film was left open ) . This film is to buy it, and not only that ... I WILL BUY THIS MOVIE WHEN AWAY! ( Of course, in Version 1 Disco DVD )

PS: I was thrilled when the movie ended , everyone applauded the room and screamed " Woohhhoo " It was exciting for me , I had not seen so many people applauding since I saw The Avengers in 2012
  38. May 2, 2014
    Fantastic. Garfield ans Stone did an amazing job developing their relationship and the combat could be the best comic book fight on the big screen of all time.
  39. May 2, 2014
    Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. I was skeptical at first because of the way they advertised this movie soooooo much. Literally to the point that there was a new trailer coming out every week. But, with that being said this movie is as accurate to the spider man comics as you are going to get. Andrew Garfield plays a great Peter Parker and an even better comical wisecracking spidey. Emma Stone is great as always (their chemistry is the highlight of the film again). Jamie Foxx was mehh as Electro, I felt as if they brought him on for the CGI spectacle which works in this film. Other than that his character is poorly written. Paul Giamatti was a very over the top Rhino. I felt him and Foxx got the shaft on the writing and these two villains were the only downside of this film. Dane Dehaan on the other hand shines as Parker's best friend Harry Osborn. He gives you a sense of whats to come but he plays Osborn in a unique way James Franco never could. Green Goblin was the only villain done justice in this movie. But, for the most part, the cast is outstanding and the visuals are second to none. Probably the only movie I paid the extra cash for 3d. And for all you comic fans out there. You have to appreciate that Marc webb sticks to the source material for the most part and doesn't twist key storylines like Raimi did. Overall 9/10 Expand
  40. May 3, 2014
    Loved this Movie. Spider-Man was fantastically portrait und the Relationship between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy was wonderful. The Action was outstanding and the Music....just wow.
    I don't quite understand the hate for this Movie. Sure it has some Problems, but which movie doesn't. I'm excited for the 3th Amazing Spider-Man :D
  41. May 6, 2014
    A truly amazing spider man movie,the story is away better that first one,and the graphics,wow, it really blow my head and take my breath away,I watch this movie twice and still eager to see more,like someone said,you will laugh and cry ,don't miss this,I sincerely admire SONY to bring this one of the best superhero movie to me.for me ,this series is a great achievement in movie industry,the spider man is more close to ordinary people's heart,unlike batman and iron man.it's the key why spider man movie is so touching,because we all want to have a hope,and we all want to become other people's hope.besides,Andrew and Emma are play awesome in this film,especially Emma,I have crush on her since EASY A,and this film makes her more charming to me,I can't say enough,after all,it's a must see movie,I highly recommend this. Expand
  42. May 5, 2014
    A film with much feeling, written with wonderful, full of splendor in their actions and motivating romantic scenes. Shocking scenes of action, much guaranteed entertainment, a wonderful and unique experience. The best superhero movies of all time, no doubt it is
  43. May 5, 2014
    This is in my opinion the best Spider-man or any comic book movie to date. Critics and angry fanboys couldn't be more far off. I'm glad Marvel doesn't own the rights to this series. Their movie are good, but are more based on action and an objective or mission, and Spider-man is more about the life. Spider-man needs to be just as much about Peter Parker as it does Spider-man and this movie nails it. I enjoyed the Sam Raimi movies, even part three, but after a recent re-watch they do feel out dated by today's comic book standards even though it's only been a few years since the last one. That Spider-man seems so much stiffer and mopey. Andrew Garfield is loose, the computer effects (if you can even tell it's CG, some claim to be able too, but I don't believe them) make Spider-man loose, and nimble like he's supposed to be. I enjoyed the villains a lot too. Electro felt in the vein of Michelle Pfiefer's Catwoman to me, and even Harry was portrayed great. Expand
  44. May 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Movie was way better than expected, the part of which Gwen dies was horrible yet amazing, it's better than the first movie which is great too, but without doubt its better than the old trilogy, the acting were the best but the movie editing was average. Expand
  45. May 10, 2014
    While the goblin fight felt a bit rushed that did not make me not love this awesome superhero movie.Ton notch storyline, great performances from the actors and the special effects were incredible.You will definitely walk out of this movie satisfied
  46. May 3, 2014
    I feel like this was one of the greatest super hero movies. It can't be compared to The Dark Knight but in its own way it truly is amazing. I was disappointed the first one(The Amazing Spider-Man) but this one made up for it. I found it easy to connect to the characters which made the story better, especially near the end. Even though everybody else(critics) rated it bad I urge you to watch it for yourself without bias. P.S coolest special effects ever! Expand
  47. May 9, 2014
    Much better movie than spider man 3, yet according to the critics, spider man 3 was more well recieved. Makes no sense at all.
    The movie successfully captures the essence of what being spider man is. Spidey is a light hearted character who lives in a dark world, but that doesn't make Spider Man dark. Definitely this movie does not deserve all this criticism.
  48. May 10, 2014
    As the title says AMAZING jus AMAZING!!! Stone and Garfield are awsome and Dane DeHaan wow! I didn´t know he can act so good! forget what the critics say, this movie is really good!
  49. May 13, 2014
    i don't get why so many people are hating on this movie or saying its ok. I thought this movie was awesome with electro as an awesome villain by Jamie fox. I liked the new harry Osborn as green goblin and also another fantastic job by Andrew Garfield aswell. there is awesome action seens and the cgi affects are great. I would definetly recommend this movie to anyone and spiderman is absolutely the best. period Expand
  50. May 9, 2014
    The CGI and SFX in this movie was well executed and gave a excellent taste of whats coming. The action and fight scenes were the best and gave a sense of epicness. This movie was the best spider man by far and one that I'll watch again and again.
  51. May 9, 2014
    while there were some things in this movie i didn't like, mainly some of the slow mo and the way it ended, i thing that overall, the characters, story, and action make it a really good watch. the effects were good as well. i also really liked the main villain, but felt that there were a few unnecessary ones as well. overall though, i think amazing spiderman 2 is a good movie, just as good as the first, and possibly better. Expand
  52. May 15, 2014
    Sou fã do Homem-Aranha desde a infância. A trilogia anterior nunca me satisfez, pois colocava o Homem Aranha não como brincalhão, mas como um tolo. Esse reboot da série faz imensa justiça ao cabeça de teia dos quadrinhos. O primeiro filme já foi bom, mas esse segundo é muito melhor. Conseguiu traduzir plenamente a carga dramática da vida do super-heroi e a verdadeira face do Homem Aranha. É um filme feito e pensado para quem tem o homem aranha das HQs na cabeça. Além de tudo, nota dez para o desempenho dos atores que conseguiram na telona justificar todo o amor entre Peter Parker e Gwen Stacy, química nota dez. Expand
  53. May 6, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is an enjoyable film for fans of Spiderman, or just someone who wants to see a funny or action movie. There is a great blend of comedy and action, with a hint of romance. The Amazing Spiderman 2 tells the story of Spiderman and Max. Max is a nobody, as he has no friends and nobody cares about him. He works at Oscorp, which is also where Peter Parker’s (Spiderman’s) girlfriend works. The CEO dies and Peter’s old friend becomes CEO of the business. He finds out he has a disease which can only be cured by Spiderman’s blood. Peter worries that using his blood may kill him. At the same time Max is involved in an accident, and turns into Elektro. Max doesn’t want to be bad, and is just misunderstood due to his appearance. The only negative was brands being shoved down your throat. There was a “super cool” fight between spiderman, the police and Elektro, which was a great memorable scene, but everything was taken way from the scene because every few seconds when the camera turned back to spiderman, only part of the screen was him, half the screen was the background of a Disney store. Minutes later, the fight is shown on the news… via a TV with a Sony logo on it. I warn anyone sensitive to flashing images to avoid this film, as towards the end of the film there is a scene where the whole screen flashes for about two minutes. However, I recommend this film to anyone else looking for an action, comic or comedy film. I give the amazing Spiderman 2 a 9/10. Expand
  54. May 3, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is finally here! and this movie kicks ass! DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. Go in and have an awesome time because this movie is a fun fun fun ride. There are problems yes, but no movie is without flaws and this movie HEAVILY out weighs the good with bad. here are my ratings:

1. Cast: 9/10 - great preformances from all except Paul Giamatti (IMO, however that may
    have had to do with the little screen time.)
    2. Action: 9/10- audiences will love the final battle between Electro and Goblin
    3. Plot: 8/10
    4. Score: 7/10- I love hans zimmer but unfortuantly he isnt as strong here. a few hits for sure.
    5. Effects: 10/10
    6. Theater Experience: 9/10
    I will not go in depth here and ruin the movie but go see this movie and ignore the critics!
  55. May 4, 2014
    The best comic book movie ( not superhero but comic) and the best spidey movie ever. this film feels like reading a comic and the best portrait of peter parker and spider man on screen. the action is top notch and while the plot may be too crowded with some bad editing the cast makes up for it and delivers an awesome and emotional movie.
  56. May 6, 2014
    The critics have this completely wrong and are completely out of touch with the fan base. This an excellent comic book movie. The jokes are typical of Spiderman comics and the story progression works well. (spoiler) I had my concerns before watching this film because I was worried about how Electro was advertised as the lead villain however the Green Goblin has been done justice in this film and I was pleasantly surprised. Expand
  57. May 6, 2014
    The roles of Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy are fantastically played by Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone bring enthusiasm and charisma to the character. Not to mention the chemistry they share but, they depict the tragic story that Webb has magnificently written. During the story, a large variety of spectacular special effects is shown in awesome slow motion and freeze time animation.
    Defiantly
    my favourite film and well worth a watch. To get the most of the films potential, I recommend viewing the film in IMAX 3-D. The special effects really come to life! Expand
  58. May 6, 2014
    The best spider man movie ever make all spider man fan cry.Electro is awesome but Harry osborn is the main villian in the movie.The best green globin.Andrew and Emma are amazing.The soundtrack is so poweful and the credits music beautifuls.As a say the best Spider man movie.
  59. May 7, 2014
    While i watch the trailer i really waiting for this movie, when this movie came out, i really love this movie, the story is so fantastic, although the action are less but awesome...
    I don't care about another review rate not good but with a Marvel fan, it's a movie for you
  60. May 10, 2014
    Short version: AS 2 is MOST FUN of the five Spiderman movies so far. It’s also the most tragic. This is poetic plotting and scripting and lyrical execution, a world-class effort.
    Close observers of mainstream movie reviews verses poetic and spiritual quality will know some movies often so exceed the poetic imagination of corporate reviewers that amazing movies frequently get low
    scores. Amazing Spiderman 2 is only the latest trashing of robust and lyrical plotting and imagery.

The classic example of poor review scores for amazing and uplifting movies is Cameron's Titanic. Please recall how the majority of Steven Spielberg's movies got poor, middling or very divided reviews including Schindler's list and E.T.

This pattern is most pronounced as regards "spiritual movies." If I recall correctly, only Field of Dreams escaped the generally trashing most uplifting movies receive. This happened most recently with both Oblivion (terrible and misleading title) and Cloud Atlas (terrible and misleading title). Let's also champion Michael Bay's Island (terrible, misleading title) also.

In my book AS 2 rates as a rare movie that rises to the impact on me of the best of the summer blockbusters of the 1980s, like Total Recall. AS 2 is a better movie than Total Recall, either version.
  61. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't understand why people hate this movie so much. Yeah, the romance was more than the action, yeah some parts weren't so good so what? Every movie has a problem, whether minor or serious. The movie was excellent. I sympathized with Electro, green goblin was well made. My only objection was the design of rhino, but had a pretty funny scene in the beginning of the movie, one of the few. To sum up, i think it is an overall excellent movie with some minor flaws. Ooooh and when Gwen died... didn't see that coming, well played... Expand
  62. Aug 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OK so this is coming from a young, but lifetime Spider-Man fan! I preordered tickets. Got the 11 o'clock showing on May 1st. This movie opens up with spiderman swinging around the city, and chasing a truck which has future rhino driving it. Its great as the wise ass spiderman cracks jokes and stops the villian. Classic good ole spidey. The action in this movie was absolutely great! Emma Stone and Garfield were great. Electro was an ok villian. He didnt have enough build up for him to really have an effect on you. But the CGI did look very good. Green Goblin was very well done (looks wise). it was like they took an aproach in between the 2002 green goblin and the ultimate goblin. I think he and harry hasd a decent story. Since the didnt kill him off like they did Venom in 07', it was fine. Gwens death the very sad, but very, very, VERY well done. Garfields acring was great during this scene as it was the whole ,movie! The very end was good and bad. I loved it when spiderman came back after his 5 month disapearence. But the Rhino.... one word AWFUL! I dont want to get into the Rhino. Overall i thought this was a good film. if not really good! Hoped you enjoyed ,my review. im new, and only 14 so dont bash. Expand
  63. May 11, 2014
    This is my favorite Spiderman movie out of all the ones that have been made so far! He never was my favorite superhero, but this movie made him one of my favorites. I love Andrew Garfield as Spiderman and I love the message of this movie. I thought the first amazing spiderman with The Lizard as the villain was a tad slow, but after watching the sequel I feel obligated to watch the first one again. So good! Expand
  64. Aug 20, 2014
    This was yet another great Spidey movie from Webb and team. Garfield is fantastic as Spidey and Stone is fantastic as Gwen. Villains and other characters were also done well.

These continue to be much, much better than the horrid Raimi trilogy of movies and anyone that claims differently does not know anything about Spider Man's universe or character.
  65. May 9, 2014
    Spider-Man is back in what may be the biggest superhero movie ever as far as content goes. Director Marc Webb packs a plethora of plot-lines into the movie, yet thankfully manages to keep everything straight. From Parker's personal relationship turmoils, to super villain battles, revelations into the past of Peter's parents, and even setting up events and characters for future movies, there's a lot going on here. There are times when it seems like maybe Webb would have been better off leaving some of these plot lines behind in order to full flesh out some others, but overall I think it turned out excellent in the end.

Spider-Man fans are in for a real treat, and the future of this series looks bright. It's not the best Spider-Man movie, but it's still one fantastic one. Admittedly the shear amount of content and plot threads shoved into this movie are going to be off-putting to some, but I for one was most assuredly entertained. That's why I highly recommend the movie, and why my total score for the movie is a 9.5/10=Amazing.
  66. May 7, 2014
    This movie has become one of my favourite superhero movies of all time simply due to the fact that I was able to identify myself with the characters and connect with them on such a profound level. In the 2 hours that I was sitting there, eyes glued to the screen, I experienced a myriad of emotions. My eyes might have even shed a few tears towards the end for how great it was. I love this reboot so much better than the original trilogy simply because it is not depressing as hell. You should definitely ignore all the ahem "professional reviews" that have been submitted because I honestly don't understand where this movie could have gone wrong. Expand
  67. Jun 19, 2014
    This movie has a tone of being a totally cheesy comic book movie, in all the perfect ways that you'd convert a comic book into a movie. The visuals are fantastic, the sounds are fantastic. The acting leaves a bit to be desired from time to time, but it's probably because Andrew Garfield drifts between several persona states at the beginning, before the movie settles down and the main plot arc happens. The plot itself is amazing, and has top-level pacing all the way throughout. They've got more than one villain (Green Goblin and Electro) and they blend them together far better than Spiderman 3 mixed Sand Man, Venom, and James Franco Goblin.

You should watch this movie.
  68. Jun 15, 2014
    The best Spider-Man movie ever. Trust me, anyone who likes superheroes will love this movie. It will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. And remember to watch the end credits scene.
  69. May 7, 2014
    The best comic book film since The Dark Knight trilogy brings us an unforgettable experience which can only be described as a roller coaster. Firstly, what I think it´s the most important thing is that the film has a HEART, which is very rare to see in most Marvel movies (thanks Sony and thanks Spider-man). The emotional content is strong and ends giving us a climax that is one of the most impacting scenes in comic book films history, it is truly memorable in fact. The cast has to be the best in a comic book film ever, with Andrew Garfield showing he is the best for this role once more, Emma Stone stealing the show as a very strong female character (Gwen Stacy), Dane Dehaan (probably the best young actor along with Andrew in Hollywood right now) and Shally Field. The chemistry between them is crazy. Then there´s the stunning visuals, the film is so bright and colorful. One of the show stopping moments comes thanks to Electro in Times Square, ridiculously fun. I found the score to be great too (something Marvel movies usually lack). Hans Zimmer is a genius, so no surprise there. In addition to all of this film gives as some closure when it comes to Peter Parker´s parents in a very tense opening scene and later on too. The problem some people seem to have is that there are many things going on, and I understand that argument, but at the same time it did not bother me at all. The film could have been longer and I´d have been fine with it. All in all, amazing blockbuster, go see it guys. I am glad it is being the most successful film of the year so far worldwide. Expand
  70. May 11, 2014
    Just like Man of Steel, people rely too heavily on comparing it to the original set of movies instead of looking at it on it's own like they should. This is a different Peter Parker and Spider-Man than the Raimi versions just like their have been numerous incarnations of Spider-Man in the comics.
    As for the movie itself, It's wonderful. Arguably, the best parts of this movie is the
    relationship between Peter and Gwen and his struggle to not only be Spider-Man but also his guilt over breaking his promise to Gwen's father, which is something that haunts him throughout the entire film. Andrew and Emma have some of the best chemistry you will EVER see in even the best romantic movies out there. They are perfect for each other so it makes you truly care and even understand exactly what both of them are going through. Their is so much emotional weight behind every action they take and it truly leaves an impression on you as you leave the theatre.

Spider-Man is how he is most commonly portrayed in the comics. He's fast talking, talks a lot of trash, and is quick and flashy and relies heavily on his web use. But he also displays his intelligence and even his detective skills. I also enjoyed that he doesn't always just leap straight into a fight. Sometimes he will try to talk a villain down especially if it's someone he knows like Max(Electro) or Harry.

Which brings me to villains. I will agree that Rhino is wasted in this movie. He's only at the very beginning and the very end for about 5 minutes and is only meant to set up upcoming projects. Electro is the main focus and his arc is very well handled. He's just a lonely electrical engineer that wants nothing more to be noticed by people. Gwen Stacy remembering his name after meeting him at Oscorp was like a small miracle to him and it really makes you sympathize with him because you can see just how much pain he is in.
    Harry's arc is also good for the most part. It gives him to become a villain without just rehashing previous plots and in doing so, it makes him a far different Harry from the Raimi films and like Max, his plight is very understandable. Sure he was only The Goblin for 20 minutes but there was no other way to do this story. Obviously Sony wanted him in there to not only build up Oscorp's role but to also set up future projects so Webb did the best that he could to give Harry an arc so he wasn't completely pointless.

The action scenes are also quite extraordinary. Every single fight is memorable in it's own way whether it's due to his trash talking, his pure nobility in helping a little boy fight off bullies, or just the high energy action.

There are some other small sub-plots thrown in which people have called "overcrowding" but that is ridiculous. Other than Peter's parents, any sub-plot is just briefly explored and even lead to some truly touching moments between Peter and Aunt May.

All in all, I found very little wrong with this movie. It had everything a Spider-Man movie should have and then some.
  71. May 23, 2014
    Web slinging spectacular fun! I love this movie! Overwhelming exiting climax! Top notch adrenaline sparkling fun! Well crafted story and an anticipated build up to lead into the next installment. Great characters and acting. This new take on Spider-man is something new and exiting to see what is coming next! It is very creative and fun. Electro, whenever he sparked and caused destruction, it got me pumped just like the swinging scenes and the heroic score and can't forget about the electro dub step. There are many brilliant scenes, normally involving Harry and Peter, Peter and Gwen or Electro/Max. I was not disappointed and can't wait for The Amazing Spiderman 3! Expand
  72. May 27, 2014
    In my opinion, this is almost the ultimate Spider-Man experience. It has fantastic drama, emotion, the characters are relateable, and the action is flawless. Electro is an amazing villain, but doesn't steal the spotlight much from the other villain, Harry Osborn. (We aren't mentioning Rhino) And, in my opinion it holds one of the best handled deaths in cinematic history. That moment in the film is perfectly paced, sublimely acted, and is most assuredly the highlight of this film. For any Spidey fan, this film is a must see. The only real negative to it is that one or two things are a little sloppy. Other than that, this film is, undoubtedly, amazing. Expand
  73. May 26, 2014
    I have no idea why Critics are giving this movie rotten reviews. The movie was well done. Electro and green goblin had a lot of humanity behind them. Jamie Fox and Dane Daunhaunn (i probably spelled that wrong sorry) Play very well as the villains. Dane really brings out the creepynist is the green goblin. Now heads up green goblin is not in there very long nor rhino, but god dang the fight scene between Goblin and spidey was awesome! That would usually bother me that Goblin and Rhino wasn't in there very but you see the central villain is electro and they nailed him. This movie had great acting and CGI. I do like the fact they put spider-man's abilities to the full use. In the original trilogy by sam rami. Spidey's spider sense hardly worked. In this one its used to the max. The Fight scenes with all the villains were awesome. Ok now to Andrew Garfield and Emma stone. Andrew Garfield is the best casted choice ever for spider-man and Peter Parker. Its just the way he acts and talks that makes him more of a believable spider-man. By the way spider-man in this movie is hilarious. Emma stone played very well as Gwen stacy. She wasn't this damsel in distress for spider-man to continuously has to rescue like in the original trilogy. Like her better than Mary jane. This movie also has a huge emotional impact. It's much more Superior then the other super-hero movies with their emotional impact. Now the story does seems a little rushed and because of that. The plot is loose a bit. Thats my only criticism of the movie really. This movie also seems like a build up to the sinister six movie and that really the only reason why rhino is there and green goblin, but its a really great build done right. Also what I appreciate in the movie they did focus more on Peter and Aunt May. There is a huge connection between the two. In the original, she was hardly there. Just there to tell a lesson or a boring story that no one cares about. By the way, the movie has a great soundtrack. Especially Electro's, its awesome. its called: Paranoia. Go look it up. I also heard the 3D with this movie is awesome with this movie. Well thats what I heard. I could go on forever how AMAZING this movie is, but I'm gonna stop here. Go watch and I promise it worth the time. Expand
  74. Jun 1, 2014
    This is a sequel to a Spider-Man franchise done right. Yes, there are multiple villains in this film and that may concern some people due to what happened with Spider-Man 3. However, these villains are fleshed out and to be fair, Rhino is more of a cameo than anything. The direction of the story is compelling because the character development is top notch. I care about the characters because they are realistic and believable (apart from the fantasy part about being a superhero or villain). I found myself caring for the antagonists in the film. Jamie Foxx did an incredible job on Max Dillon/Electro. He had a personality and a soul. Dane Dehaan surprised me with his performance Harry Osborn. I will admit, I was a bit skeptical on his ability to make a great Harry Osborn. All the actors delivered on their part. The story is a great and well thought out plot. The film will take you an awesome and wild ride. The effects are great as well as the action sequences. I would say that the Green Goblin should have gotten more exposition and screen time, but that is a minor complaint on an overall great plot. As a Spider-Man fan, this is a great movie and franchise as well. As a fellow movie lover, great plot, great actors, minor flaws. I give it a solid 9/10. I look forward to what is next with high expectations. Expand
  75. May 12, 2014
    Spider-Man is the biggest superhero franchise of all time and because of that it sells more merchandise than any other movie so we need to be giving more money to these people who make entertainment based of pop culture for us in order to not only sell more toys but also to improve the economy in the name of consumerism.
  76. May 15, 2014
    The Movie was awesome.Best Spidey movie ever.We watched an awesome story,and the focus was in Peter and Gwen's relationship.Jamie Foxx was awesome as Electro,but Dane DeHaan,Andrew and Emma saved everything.BEST MOVIE EVER!
  77. Aug 20, 2014
    Do not listen to the critics. This movie is truly the AMAZING Spiderman. Andrew Garfield manages to stay true to character, with a sense of wit and humour Maguire's Spiderman never had. The person who manages to steal the show, against all odds, is Jamie Foxx. Foxx's role redefines the character of Electro, and manages to make him terrifying. I found the battle between Electro and Spiderman the best part of the film. Once again, don't listen to the critics. Sure, TASM 2 may have one too many villains, but is that really a good reason to score this movie a 52/100? Expand
  78. May 23, 2014
    Wow,must wow. Andre Garfield played the role so incredibly well and put Toby McGuire to shame. Had the best time watching this movie, a must see. .
  79. May 26, 2014
    I'm a huge spider man fan and I was in love this movie!!! best visually and entertaining spider man of all time ..this movie keeps a great dramatic dark humor vibe and that's what I like about this movie...they action scenes are pretty stunning to watch.. Jaime foxx looks like a badass as electro and and Dan dehaan gives a evil performance as green goblin but wish he couldn't been in the movie as green goblin more .. but all in all this was a great movie .. and I'm looking for to the next amazing spider man movie Expand
  80. May 12, 2014
    Honestly, I have no idea why this movie is getting bad reviews. The visuals are great, the villains (apart from green goblin) are great and the movie genuinely surprised me as to how close it stuck to the source material. The only gripe I have in particular is the fatal "I love you so much" syndrome that just spells disaster and virtually tells you what happens halfway in. But overall, it's the best spider man film I have ever seen. Expand
  81. Aug 1, 2014
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 es una película que da algunas sorpresas conforme avanza el film, a parte de que la película ofrece una trama interesante y curiosa, que sin dudas fue mejor de lo que esperaba.
  82. chw
    Oct 18, 2014
    I liked The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The only problems were a) the villains didn't have equal times battling Spider-Man and b) it evolves more around the two main characters' relationship like Catching Fire did.
  83. May 20, 2014
    This movie its amazing! Gwen was so fantastic, Peter has a great relaction ship whit her, and they explored all the ways to show it, really, was amazing.. I hope Mary Jane will be cool for him
  84. May 8, 2014
    People.. This is a comic fan's living embodiment of WHAT you want to see in a movie. It respects the lore perfectly, making it a smidge predictable to the avid comic fan. What this film does as a result though, is tease this ending perfectly.. The action sequences go to slow-mo occasionally to emphasize hits, and is so free flowing in plot. As for the argument of villains (People saying there are too many), you haven't seen the Toby MaGuire Spider-Man 3 film. The biggest flaw is I think many people confuse this with the game (Spoiler Alert: Hastily made, Don't buy), but the movie paces the story much better. I'd see this multiple times. Tis a shame a lot of overly harsh critics are gonna muddle a truly marvelous nod to the comic nerds of the world.. Expand
  85. May 9, 2014
    I really loved what Marc Webb is trying to do here, the movie started to get a darker tone very early, showing scenes of Max all burned and suffering, also the Harry Osborne we saw here, at least for me was more villain like than James Franco's, Putting Rhyno in the movie was a complete waste of time, that was my only complain, it made the movie longer when it was not necessary. To close the deal with the darker tone was the last 20 minutes with the creepy looks Goblin and Gwen Stacy that raises my score from a 7 to a 9, Comic fans will enjoyed how well put together that scene was. Expand
  86. May 11, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has an excellent story and great action sequences that tie in with the romance and comedy. The movie is exciting and suspenseful, and you will never get bored watching it. It's hard to find movies with such a captivating and well developed story these days and this movie is definitely worth it. A lot of critics are far off on reviewing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and as long as you have an open mind you will enjoy this masterpiece. Expand
  87. jbp
    May 12, 2014
    I avoided the trailer before I saw this much needed reboot from the Tobey McGuire Spiderman so that I could be as blown away during the movie as possible. It was well worth it. There are 3 essential reasons why a reboot was necessary. 1. In the first version, Peter Parker hardly ever used his scientific wit to do anything. He didn't have to create web shooters, he didn't have to come up with any formulas or do any experiments - everything was handed to him and he just muscled his way through. In this installment he continually uses his mind. 2. Humor. Tobey McGuire was a corny nerd; Andrew Garfield is actually cool and funny. 3. Spiderman's powers. People don't quite understand that Spiderman is one of, if not, the most powerful superhero ever created. Youtube "Spiderman vs. Batman Death Battle" and you'll see why. This installment does a good job of capturing this. With all this being said, The Amazing Spider Man 2 deserves a top grade in my book. The amount of enemies are necessary for him 1. because Oscorp is a villian making machine because of its years and years of cover ups and experiments; 2. because only this amount of characters can convey the type of burden he has to carry in respect to the amount of power he has. Another awesome thing this story does is tie in Peter Parker's parents; something that has never been done before. This alone should make people extremely excited. It gives Peter Parker a new sense of Destiny and Responsibility and plays well into his humanity. The movie also conveys how well the main character has bought into his responsibility and how he hopes to impact the people of New York personally. Each turn of the movie reveals something new about Peter, his powers, Oscorp, his relationship, his parents, etc - there is never a dull moment. The version NAILS who Peter Parker/Spider Man is and everything he is supposed to be. As an avid Spider Man fan I give this movie a top rating. Expand
  88. May 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It amazes me (pun not intended) how people claim the movie was boring and packed with too many characters. The action and drama made it far from boring. The chemistry between Garfield and Stone was fantastic (it should be considering their real-life romance, but still...); to the people who disagree, you must not know what chemistry is between a loving couple...perhaps you should enter into a relationship such as that, the writing was very good (Electro's cliched villainous remarks aside, but he IS a villain after all), and the storyline was strong.

As for over-abundance of characters...how so? Spider-Man/Peter Parker? Necessary. Gwen Stacy? Necessary. Aunt May? Necessary. Harry Osborn/Green Goblin? Necessary for foreshadowing future events. Electro? You have to pick a villain; he's as a good as any, and he's fresh. Rhino? He was intended as a minor addition--if anyone is a true comic fan, they know heroes often defeat a villain in a few panels at the beginning of an issue, only to face a more dangerous villain throughout the rest of the issue. Norman? Absolutely necessary, but he was (unfortunately) barely in the film. The Parkers? They furthered the plot. Felicia? She was not relevant, but she was hardly detracting. The board members? They were peripheral, but relevant. If you look at the last Spider-Man movie, there was Uncle Ben, Flash, Lizard, other students. The original Spider-Man had Mary Jane in Gwen's place and Betty Brant in Felicia's place. And there was Jameson. How exactly was THAT not an over-abundance?

The reality is, the film was excellent--it instilled a sense of pathos (which any story MUST do) with the conclusion, and truly wrenched at my heart strings, even though I've read the original comics and knew what would happen. I would not have changed a thing except perhaps give Electro a few better lines.
  89. May 26, 2014
    Is the best movie I ever seen. The story is almost the same the comic books. And Andrew Garfield is the real Spider-Man, much better than Tobey Maguire. I really loved this move. It's GREAT.
  90. Jun 3, 2014
    My girlfriend and I really liked this movie. It was well paced and the character were really interesting. The villains could have been better, but I see no problem in that. If you liked the last one you'll like this one as well.
  91. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is amazing. Spine chillingly creepy and startling, it is a prime example of the technology we have access to nowadays. The characters are well constructed and the plot is sturdy, yet it still surprises you now and again. I mean, who could predict that Gwen would… die?!?! The visuals are incredible, and the combination of electric music and lightning when Electro makes his first appearance is incredible, plus the creepy murmuring and whispering that seems to be Max's (Electro's) conscience. Peter also seemed quite real, dealing with real life problems, and not just villains. I would recommend this to anyone who is ready to be amazed. Expand
  92. Jun 20, 2014
    This movie has everything to be, actually, the best Spider-Man movie yet.
    Unfortunately, it isn't.
    Well, I really enjoyed the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, so I thought that this sequel would be better, but I was wrong.
    This movie is really enjoyable, so, all these people who have children will enjoy it with them, but this movie has a lot of problems.
    First, the script, which was
    made by 4 writers, so the movie is a complete disaster,in some parts, the movie becomes boring.
    The film is saved by Peter-Gwen relationship, and a huge Harry Osborn, who is spectacular as the Green Goblin despite that he just appears 10 minutes, but I'm not convinced with his design, very attached to Heath Ledger's Joker.
    The worst of the film, plus its script, witch covers many stories, is Electro, despite his wonderful special effects.

A highly recommended film, which has the best Spider-man to date, but it is not the best Spider-man movie,and it is not a film that should be taken very seriously
  93. CDG
    Jun 26, 2014
    I thought this movie was stellar. It had a few villain pacing problems, but it was an awesome movie that I recommend that has given me a new respect for The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man.
  94. Jul 1, 2014
    The most romantic spiderman movie ever since that upside-down kiss Tobey/Kirsten and dancing on the kitchen James/Kirsten. Emma Stone was so perfect be Gwen Stacy. And, the whole movie looks like an indie drama movie. I love how the soundtracks were just match with the action scenes, while I felt those soundtracks for love songs. The whole villain assembles also powerful. I wonder who's going to be Mary Jane? Next Amazing Spiderman movies? #SOLD! Expand
  95. Jul 8, 2014
    the best spiderman movie of all time, I think it had a Three Villains, and the last time we saw spider-man movie with Three Villains was Spider-man 3, but this time it worked
  96. Aug 27, 2014
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 was just as good as its previous film in my opinion. Its got lots of action and it continues to craft a better story throughout which I felt that Marvel failed to do in the first set of films. I see Andrew Garfield as a better Spiderman than Tobey Maguire. He continues to struggle in balancing the two sides of his life until they collide and we get a massive twist in the end. Just another great Marvel film. They are really on a role right now. Expand
  97. Aug 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wasn't sure of this movie at first, bought it on DVD and was entertained from beginning to end. Thought the inclusion of Electro would be difficult to pull off, but the storyline was effective and the cgi amazing! So many storylines were crammed into this movie, Peter's parents, Electro, Green Goblin (Harry Osborn), the romantic relationship between Peter and Gwen and yet it was all thoroughly satisfying and enjoyable. The cast were all exceptional they brought the characters to life.

Better than the first and also better than the original, with a twist ending that gave Spiderman a real reason as to why he needs to protect his identity, which i thought was missing in the originals.

I couldn't ask for anything more from a movie, i highly recommend you buy it on DVD or Blu-ray.
  98. Oct 18, 2014
    Dont understand bad talk. Great Moive. Sony give back Rights please. love spideyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bloated and often boring and has absolutely no reason to exist, but that it also hits its marks. No fanboy will pass it up. No studio head will lose his or her job.
  2. Reviewed by: Lawrence Toppman
    May 1, 2014
    The movie feels not only calculated but tired.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    May 1, 2014
    ASM 2 makes too many of the same mistakes that have brought other superhero movies low (including Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man 3"). It tries to pack in too many characters and plot lines, for one.