Columbia Pictures | Release Date: May 2, 2014
6.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 1363 Ratings
WATCH NOW
SomePersonaJan 23, 2017
This movie is so convoluted that you can't really say what the general plot actually is. All of the general plots will usually just say Spider-Man faces his toughest challenge yet or something like that. However, the movie has great actingThis movie is so convoluted that you can't really say what the general plot actually is. All of the general plots will usually just say Spider-Man faces his toughest challenge yet or something like that. However, the movie has great acting and great writing in terms of its moments. The villains feel justified as they are developed slowly and eerily, and the final action sequences are delightfully doomed and dark. Expand
bfoore90Dec 23, 2014
Pretty good movie overall, can't really see why alot of people didn't like it. Andrew Garfield was incredible as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Dane Dehaan impress as well. This movie has some flaws fundamentallyPretty good movie overall, can't really see why alot of people didn't like it. Andrew Garfield was incredible as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Dane Dehaan impress as well. This movie has some flaws fundamentally obviously but its nowhere near the franchise killer like Batman & Robin most MCUbots make it out to be. If anything Amazing Spider-Man 2 provided hope that the franchise was headed in the right direction and kept fans like me, interested in the future or what could have been if it had not been cancelled. Expand
FreedomFightersJan 9, 2017
It's really a shame, because I love Spider-Man. Having enjoyed "The Amazing Spider-Man," I wanted the sequel to be amazing, but unfortunately, the film is just okay. It's visually stellar, the acting is wonderful (especially Andrew GarfieldIt's really a shame, because I love Spider-Man. Having enjoyed "The Amazing Spider-Man," I wanted the sequel to be amazing, but unfortunately, the film is just okay. It's visually stellar, the acting is wonderful (especially Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, who have amazing chemistry as always), and the action scenes are pretty great (even if there is a bit of shaky camera syndrome with this one), but unfortunately, the writing is really unfocused and filled with plot holes/side plots/oddities, and while the film has its share of villains, the problem is that none of them are particularly interesting characters. Really, in terms of characterization, Peter and Gwen are the only interesting characters in this film! I don't want to say that it's not a great film, but that's the unfortunate truth: though it's pretty entertaining, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" doesn't quite live up to it's title, so you should definitely temper your expectations with this one. Expand
Jack97Dec 17, 2016
Merit to this film range from the terrific visuals to the entertaining action. Faults with it are in the plot and structure. The pacing is all over the place and there's a lack of focus thanks to all the interwoven plot points.
kaizidokillerMay 3, 2014
First off, I did like the performances from the majority of the cast. Andrew Garfield is a great Spider-Man with his wit and comical moments (though hit-and-miss), and a more human Peter Parker than the first film (if overly sentimental). HeFirst off, I did like the performances from the majority of the cast. Andrew Garfield is a great Spider-Man with his wit and comical moments (though hit-and-miss), and a more human Peter Parker than the first film (if overly sentimental). He and Emma Stone have their moments because they both have excellent chemistry. Dane DeHaan almost steals the show as Harry Osborne, who plays pathetic and menacing equally well. Jamie Foxx couldn't have been the worst choice for Electro. Not only was Electro the most uninteresting villain in the film, Max Dillon's goofy, anti-social behaviour just wasn't a good fit for Jamie Foxx's charisma.

The CGI set-pieces were fun to watch and I like how the film tries to be more dramatic as well, like Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films. I appreciate action movies with more narrative than action sequences or set-pieces (like this movie) but with all that said, I'm surprised people actually like this movie. The critics are right, the script was overstuffed. It crams too many subplots and too many characters into a bloating running time. This was the problem with Spider-Man 3 (a movie everyone was disappointed with) and it's a bigger problem here, but Marc Webb gets a free pass from the Spider-Man fanboys who didn't like Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies because "it didn't follow the comic books" or whatever.

It jumps back and forth between multiple subplots, between his relationship with Gwen, his relationship with Harry, Harry's illness, Electro's origin, and the origin of his parents. I liked the chemistry between Garfield and Stone but the painfully cheesy dialogues makes their relationship look like a Twilight movie. Everyone hates that franchise but because this is a Spider-Man movie, it gets another free pass. Romance is often a subplot in many movies but the romance is (more or less) the main plot of this film, which is fine if it wasn't cliched and Twilight-esque.

His relationship with Harry feels forced, right from the moment Harry mentioned Peter's braces and Peter mentioned him blow-drying and combing his hair all the time or something like that. The origin of Peter's parents had nothing to do with the main plot at all and became irrelevant once the subplot had been resolved. I guess they had to continue where the first film left off but I honestly couldn't care less about his parents.

How do you cram three villains into one movie without being overcrowded? By barely featuring any of them in the film. Rhino only has four minutes of screen time. It was completely pointless! If that's their way of introducing him for the next sequel, they should've just introduced him in the next sequel. The Rhino footage in the trailer is all that you see from him in the film. And the boy standing in front of him trying to be Spider-Man, what a ****ing embarrassment. When you see Spider-Man swinging a manhole cover at the Rhino, that was the beginning of the fight scene and the end of the movie. I wanted to see a fight scene between the two before the movie started but because the movie bored the **** out of me, I couldn't care less that it ended that way.

There's also more Harry Osborne than The Green Goblin and the The Green Goblin was only there to kill off Gwen Stacy. Heartbreaking? Sure, but also contrived. Still, I can't help but feel like The Green Goblin is another wasted villain. Max Dillon is a character I could've felt sympathy for. He's lonely, socially awkward and under-appreciated. Max Dillon could've been a great character, had they not squandered his potential as soon as he became Electro. At that point, the script needed a villain, even if it didn't make sense because Max Dillon is a huge fan of Spider-Man, almost like a creepy stalker. He doesn't even have a justifying motive for killing Spider-Man. Neither did Harry Osborne because why would a blood transfusion cure his illness? And why is his hereditary illness affecting him at a much younger age than his father? I suppose no one in the audience were supposed to notice.

TASM2 tries to be different from the plethora amount of superhero movies that came out recently by having a deeper narrative, which is fine but it falls short in storytelling. It just seems to drag on for far too long and I was hoping the set-pieces would make up for all of the shortcomings, but there was not enough of it due to a lack of balance. The performances, set-pieces and Marc Webb's direction saves the film from being a complete disaster, but as a Spider-Man fan, I was hugely disappointed. I wanted the movie to be as good as Spider-Man 2 because, in my opinion, TASM was as good as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man in its own merit, but this was worse than Spider-Man 3. At least "emo" Peter Parker was more tolerable. TASM2 is painfully and disappointingly average!

5/10 - For some reason, metacritic registered my score as 0 and I can't change it.
MasterRileyJul 23, 2016
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is very entertaining and enjoyable to watch. Its got lots of great action, comedy, great effects, great music, great performances, and cool villains. The problem with the film is its over stuffed script, much like SamThe Amazing Spider-Man 2 is very entertaining and enjoyable to watch. Its got lots of great action, comedy, great effects, great music, great performances, and cool villains. The problem with the film is its over stuffed script, much like Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3. Three main villains appear in the movie when just one would have been enough. The film should have focused on Electro being the only villain, rather then throwing in the Green Goblin and Rhino as well. The movie tries too hard to set up the next few films that Sony had planned rather than focusing on making just Spider-Man 2 a great and coherent film. Definitely still an enjoyable watch, just don't expect anything ground breaking. Expand
BlancheJul 1, 2016
A film with too many villains, generally too many under-developed characters and too much emphasis on the relationship between Peter and Gwen. The ratio was poorly calculated. This film had lots of entertaining moments for sure, but itA film with too many villains, generally too many under-developed characters and too much emphasis on the relationship between Peter and Gwen. The ratio was poorly calculated. This film had lots of entertaining moments for sure, but it flopped in certain moments too. For example, I felt that the main villain should have been far stronger than what was portrayed and the resolution was rushed, which in turn didn't allow the film to realise its full potential. As I said earlier, the amount of villain appearances were ridiculous to the point that they were probably there to simply increase the running time. This made the film generally unfocused and lack in direction.

Certainly one of the worst Spider-Man films but I can't say it wasn't worth watching because there certainly was great CGI and cinematography. Generally it was a decent film, but rather than it being empty or boring it was more of a messy film with too much going on.
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
I had to really stretch to give it a 7. There is so many missed opportunities, but so many things so well executed. Andrew Garfield is the highlight of this movie, and the reboot as a whole.
Tomle1202May 25, 2016
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 fills itself with awesome action, humor and forgettable villains that are way more bland than the inconsistent titular hero himself.
KoplinsMay 9, 2016
This Movie was good. a lot better than Spider-man 3.
too many villains but everything else is okay.
although its disappointing that there wasn't a sequel to this movie because the movie ended with a cliff hanger.
aadityamudharApr 18, 2016
It's just so bland and boring.... the film lacks a pulse. There was one genuinely heart-felt moment toward the very end of the film that got me, but the rest? Very blah. The second Captain America film was a thousand times better than thisIt's just so bland and boring.... the film lacks a pulse. There was one genuinely heart-felt moment toward the very end of the film that got me, but the rest? Very blah. The second Captain America film was a thousand times better than this film. The chemistry between the two leads is meager, the bad guys don't inspire fear like those in the the Dark Knight series - not even close. You can't even put those two franchises in the same paragraph. I was a HUGE Spider-Man fan as a kid - what a shame that they can't make a good movie for this character. (Or a good video game, for that matter.) Expand
UrbanlistenerApr 17, 2016
In my opinion this movie is far better than the first one, more well-rounded and rich in its character development. Andrew Garfield is still very good as spiderman and every scene with him is great and the cast from the first one is still onIn my opinion this movie is far better than the first one, more well-rounded and rich in its character development. Andrew Garfield is still very good as spiderman and every scene with him is great and the cast from the first one is still on point. The romance between him and Gwen feels more natural and necessary to the plot. Electro is a pretty decent villain, his character is interesting and his story arc and motivations are way more clear and coherent than the villain from the first one. As in the previous film, the CG is excellent and every action scene is very well-made and very enjoyable. The main issue with this film is its abundance of bad guys that spiderman has to deal with and maybe too much sub-plots. It becomes a bit convoluted and confusing at some points, but I still think that every new character and story arcs are more interesting, original, emotionally resonant and more developed than the ones in the first film. Yes, there is a lot of sub-plots, but they all tie in together in a decent way, where you can still follow the main point of the movie, even if sometimes it his harder than it should be. The last 15 minutes are indeed a letdown and seem forced and are an obvious unneeded setup for Sinister six, but the rest of the film felt much more interesting, rich in character development, emotional attachment and cohesion in the villains intentions and plans, than the first one, thus much better and fun to watch. Expand
AaronWasserman1Mar 26, 2016
ReelViews94Mar 23, 2016
The fifth Spider-Man feature, which is the sequel to the unnecessary reboot, is all over the place, an undercooked cinematic casserole that blends some genuinely touching moments and well-presented action sequences with bad melodrama,The fifth Spider-Man feature, which is the sequel to the unnecessary reboot, is all over the place, an undercooked cinematic casserole that blends some genuinely touching moments and well-presented action sequences with bad melodrama, overlong exposition, and overexposed CGI. There are too many negatives to keep the experience from being the kind of giddy adrenaline rush one hopes for with a Big Summer Flick.

A majority of the movie focuses on events in and around Oscorp, the omnipresent New York City tech corporation that employs Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), the platinum blond girlfriend of Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). Gwen is delightful but the same can't be said of Peter, who comes across as a smart aleck. At least early in the proceedings, Peter isn't likable, although the screenplay eventually humanizes him a bit. Worried that his relationship with Gwen might be putting her life in danger, he breaks it off with her. Loving her means letting her go.

Meanwhile, we discover that Peter's childhood best friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), is back in town, having taken over Oscorp following his father's untimely death. After an awkward reunion scene, it's just like old times for these two, but the artificial manner in which Harry's bosom friendship with Peter is forced upon the audience makes this relationship a non-starter.

While Harry and Peter are busy rekindling their bromance, one of Oscorp's loyal electrical engineers, Max Dillon (Jamie Foxx), has an accident. After being electrocuted, he falls into a tank of mutant eels and is repeatedly bitten by them. Instead of dying like any self-respecting overzealous worker, he becomes a supervillain called "Electro." The screenplay never bothers to establish the "rules" governing him nor does it do a good job of explaining his limitations. His motives are also poorly defined; what is his soul's desire beyond killing Spider-Man? Electro recalls The Sand-Man in Spider-Man 3: an imposing bad guy who's just around to add some variety to the battle sequences. I suppose the real villain of the piece is The Green Goblin, but he doesn't show up until near the end. There's also The Rhino but his debut comes even later than The Goblin's. Truth is, for about half the running length, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 doesn't have any villains, which results in a meandering screenplay that tries to stay afloat by tricking viewers into thinking they're watching a superhero soap opera.

As one might expect from a real-life couple, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone display some nicely modulated chemistry, although they never quite match Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst for generating sparks. And, while events conspire to knock some of the petulance out of this too-cocky interpretation of Peter Parker, Garfield never completely loses the "too cool for school" air. Spider-Man's enemies are an underwhelming lot. Dane DeHaan, who was effective in Chronicle, fails to find his footing here. His transformation is more inevitable than tragic and his Green Goblin comes across as a generic homicidal comic book bad guy. Electro is probably about 50% Jamie Foxx and 50% CGI and it doesn't help that Foxx seems to be channeling Richard Pryor from Superman 3.

Cinemassacre94Mar 20, 2016
It takes something lackluster like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to remind viewers why movies like Captain America: The Winter Soldier are considered superior. In the superhero genre, it's too easy to become sloppy and fall back on clichés. TheIt takes something lackluster like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to remind viewers why movies like Captain America: The Winter Soldier are considered superior. In the superhero genre, it's too easy to become sloppy and fall back on clichés. The fifth Spider-Man feature, which is the sequel to the unnecessary reboot, is all over the place, an undercooked cinematic casserole that blends some genuinely touching moments and well-presented action sequences with bad melodrama, overlong exposition, and overexposed CGI. There are too many negatives to keep the experience from being the kind of giddy adrenaline rush one hopes for with a Big Summer Flick.

Sitting through The Amazing Spider-Man 2, I had the feeling that screenwriters Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, and Jeff Pinkner and director Marc Webb were throwing everything they could think of at the audience to see what might stick. There are some good moments in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, especially toward the end, but the whole thing seems to have been assembled by filmmakers tone-deaf to what constitutes compelling cinema. Key relationships are given short shrift. The central villain (to the extent that there is one) is all bluster and no menace. The "resolution" to the mystery of Richard and Mary Parker is an anti-climax. Spider-Man is too obviously the product of computer graphic artists as he swings around New York (an oft-heard complaint about the webslinger from back in Sam Raimi's first installment). And the 3-D recalls the nadir of the technology. For a $3 surcharge you can get blurry images, washed out colors, and very little "pop."

It's no stretch to say that the final 15 minutes saves The Amazing Spider-Man 2 from being a disaster. In borrowing a storyline from the comics, it does so with the proper level of reverence without becoming slavish. This segment of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 feels a little more real, a little more unexpected, and little more honest than what we have come to expect from otherwise by-the-numbers superhero movies. It gives meaning to an otherwise scattershot production that could have benefited from a less spectacle and better writing.
FuturedirectorMar 18, 2016
Peter Parker, Ghen Stacy, her father, Electro, Harry Osborn, his father, Oscorp's workers, Aunt May, Gehn's family (x3), Felicia, Rhino and some other characters..., this film is full..., and it has some kind of more plots than a normalPeter Parker, Ghen Stacy, her father, Electro, Harry Osborn, his father, Oscorp's workers, Aunt May, Gehn's family (x3), Felicia, Rhino and some other characters..., this film is full..., and it has some kind of more plots than a normal science-fiction, superhero films. Anyway, it has true love, honest emotion, action-packed and thrilling enough for put the audience in shock. Expand
gameguardian21Mar 14, 2016
This spider man movie repeats things that spider man 3 did wrong, but makes it into a boring, awkward, and makes no sense. The movie says this is spider mans greastist challenge, but its his challenge to try to keep this movie good.
MaxBoyzFeb 27, 2016
Electro and SpiderMan are good fighting, okay im boring.... but Amazing Spiderman is so Great. I hopeTom Holland is so AWESOME FIGHTING in Civil War. come on :D
nicomarin12Feb 24, 2016
Ok, I watched this movie twice the opening weekend and I have loved it so much since. Almost 2 years later I have watched the movie again and I now have a more accurate opinion about the movie.

First of all, I still love this movie and the

First of all, I still love this movie and the previous one. Garfield's my favorite Spider-Man, I love Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, and the atmosphere of the movies is much more enjoyable than the Raimi ones (Probably because it sticks more to my "era").

I think the movie succeeded in action and special effects, performances and an overall story flawlessly. But, the story still has some plot holes and too much coincidences (like the Roosevelt train part). However I think the main issue with this movie is that it is WAY too overloaded with characters and plots and things going on for all of it to fit in one movie. We have Peter's parents thing, Electro, Peter and Gwen back and forth in the relationship, Aunt May as a nurse, etc. So they can't focus in make one plot and make it good.

The marketing campaign in the other hand, was very misleading. I think that if they didn't show Rhino at all in the posters or trailers (and little of the Green Goblin), the movie could've actually been a bit better. Another thing that they do in this film is focus way too much in setting up the sequel with all that Sinister Six stuff.

I think the movie has a lot of problems in its story and that makes it a less cohesive film. It's such a shame because it had so much potential and if they had made it a bit 'smaller' it would have turned out great.

I'm really sad that the rights are at Marvel (huh... that's weird) because I loved Garfield and The Amazing Spider-Man franchise so much. I wanted to see Sinister Six this year! I wanted to see ASM3! And I'm sad this whole universe they set up went straight to trash. Plus, I'm not a fun at all with the new casting choice, so this kid better be good Marvel.

In summary, I had a ton of fun with this movie, but I see why people didn't like it and I understand it perfectly. The plot is all over the place and may be difficult to catch up with. I want to give this movie an 8 since I like it too much, but I feel it deserves at least a 7 for its convoluted plot. It may still be my 2nd or 3rd favorite, but hey, that's just my opinion. Thanks for sticking through my opinion and have a nice day.
AgentVenom117Feb 21, 2016
Easily the most controversial Spider-Man film as many people wonder,what went wrong? It obviously was the studios (sonys) fault. This movie is what happens when a studio doesn't let the film makers make the film they want to make,and thisEasily the most controversial Spider-Man film as many people wonder,what went wrong? It obviously was the studios (sonys) fault. This movie is what happens when a studio doesn't let the film makers make the film they want to make,and this causes a film that had the potential to be great but turned out just ok. If you're a Spider-Man fan you can find enjoyment in this film but if you're a casual fan or not a Spider-Man fan I'd say you could pass on this one or watch if it's free on TV. Expand
JarodyFeb 20, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The amazing spider-man 2 is the villain heavy sequel to the satisfactory amazing spider-man. Firstly, the chemistry between peter and Gwen is the best we've seen in any spider-man movie before. The costume and action are also fantastic, and the acting is upper class. Some scenes could be considered the best in spider-man's movie career, like the Gwen death scene. However no movie is perfect. There are a couple too many side plots in the movie, which is why the movie is quite crowded, not because there is too many villains. The villains aren't the greatest though, with rhino being too cartoony, electro was a bit cheesy, and the goblin feels slightly rushed. In the end though, the amazing spider-man 2 is an enjoyable movie, an I myself really enjoyed it. But I can understand why some people don't. Expand
EctsoplasmFeb 2, 2016
That'll do, Sony. That'll do. Seriously though, I love Spiderman, but the trilogy that came not 10 years before this duology didn't satisfy me. The Amazing Spider-Man movies were much more faithful to the source material with the web shootersThat'll do, Sony. That'll do. Seriously though, I love Spiderman, but the trilogy that came not 10 years before this duology didn't satisfy me. The Amazing Spider-Man movies were much more faithful to the source material with the web shooters Peter Parker built... but being faithful isn't enough to make a great movie. This movie has a great story, though it kind of has two unrelated villain origin stories. Some people said this movie had too many villains, but I don't quite see how two villains is too much. By the way, Rhino didn't count. He was just some fan service at the end to foreshadow a new villain for the next movie (which we won't be getting, but if it means getting an even better movie from Marvel, I'm all for it.) The acting was believable, but the lead role, Andrew Garfield, had the show stolen by the actor who played Electro, Jamie Foxx. That character was just crazy enough to be funny, and to make us feel bad for how cheated he was as well as how he ended up.

Overall, I absolutely LOVE this movie, but I can see the flaws. Green Goblin did seem a little thrown in there.
EpicLadySpongeJan 22, 2016
This Amazing Spider-Man has shown us what Peter Parker had tried. The elements are still in there... it's just ain't what the first Amazing Spider-Man had that made it earned the 7 score.
AWassermanDec 20, 2015
Not a perfect movie, but an enjoyable one non the less. Arguably my favorite Spider-Man movie. Best representation of the character on film ever. Andrew Garfield owns this role. The effects, action, cast, music, all came together nicely. ThisNot a perfect movie, but an enjoyable one non the less. Arguably my favorite Spider-Man movie. Best representation of the character on film ever. Andrew Garfield owns this role. The effects, action, cast, music, all came together nicely. This movie could have been better if they made Max, not electro, more believable, and they focused the film more, and didn't reveal so much in the trailers. Expand
CineAutoctonoDec 8, 2015
The seculea reboot of Spider -Man was slightly surprising , plot, the script for the humorous time so Spider -Man tells Sparky to Electro LOL, that funny , but it will not be necessary to Andrew Garfield to be Spider -Man , Tom Holland triedThe seculea reboot of Spider -Man was slightly surprising , plot, the script for the humorous time so Spider -Man tells Sparky to Electro LOL, that funny , but it will not be necessary to Andrew Garfield to be Spider -Man , Tom Holland tried to secure his style play Spider -Man , at its debut in Captain America: Civil War. Expand
BasilZeroNov 30, 2015
The sequel to the reboot of the Spider Man series. This movie was nicely done and had a lot of memorable moments, cameos from various spider man villains and also a great combination of special effects and build up between tensions of iconicThe sequel to the reboot of the Spider Man series. This movie was nicely done and had a lot of memorable moments, cameos from various spider man villains and also a great combination of special effects and build up between tensions of iconic characters known to the Marvel Universe. Expand
TimeOfTheChimpsNov 22, 2015
I've changed my mind about this movie. The more I watch it, the more the flaws become apparent. Though Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's chemistry is amazing to watch, Peter mopes around for most of the film and even quits saving lives when aI've changed my mind about this movie. The more I watch it, the more the flaws become apparent. Though Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's chemistry is amazing to watch, Peter mopes around for most of the film and even quits saving lives when a certain event happens (which you see coming from a mile away, but it is pretty good). The film's effects and CGI are great, but they f*cked the Green Goblin up in a major way, which is one of my big gripes with this movie. Dane DeHaan is great as the troubled Harry Osborne, but once he transforms into the Goblin... no. His prosthetics look awful and his characterisation becomes weak. Also, Peter doesn't give him his blood to cure him. What? This your best friend, moron. He wants to take the risk, let him live. If you don't, he dies very painful death. Such a selfish character decision. The film also starts many plot threads but never finishes them, such as the subway scene where Peter discovers something about his father that I don't quite remember. The whole scene is really convenient and contrived when you watch it. Peter's father died but somehow had time to film this long video Peter finds. Huh? Rhino is introduced but doesn't do anything but act stupid. He makes some cheesy one-liners and gets caught without it being shown... big whoop. Another complaint: in the final scene, Rhino opens his mechanical suit, with his face completely exposed. The cops have guns but absolutely do not shoot him. Why? Because the plot calls for it. Ugh. One positive aspect about the villains and their plots is that Electro is done quite nicely, very similar to his Ultimate version. Jamie Foxx gives a real sense of emotion and dread to this tragic villain, but surprise, I still have one complaint. Electro initially trusts Spider-Man and is his biggest fan, but one shot of a bullet from someone causes him to turn his back on Spidey for no good reason, even though he did absolutely nothing wrong. Also, only Electro needed to be focused on; that would've been enough to satisfy the villain requirement. Remember Willam Dafoe's Green Goblin? He says hello. Overall, the film has some touching emotion and great action scenes, but the overstuffing of villains and multiple plot threads that lead to nowhere really hurts the film's big effort. You tried, Marc Webb, you really did. Good effort my man. Expand
Jefferygamer200Oct 13, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie sucked **** OK so here are major spoilers. Peter gets Gwen Killed then he isn't Spider-Man for a while sounds familiar then the ending the Rhino was just awful. It's awful I hate this movie for it being worse Spider-Man 3. And it will go down as the worst Super Hero movie I've ever seen in my life. Expand
YellowKirbySep 27, 2015
I thought this movie was okay, but it has a lot of problems, goofs, unnecessary composition, and the fact that Electro's range of powers constantly expand to the point that he can inexplicably create a black leather suit for himself so thatI thought this movie was okay, but it has a lot of problems, goofs, unnecessary composition, and the fact that Electro's range of powers constantly expand to the point that he can inexplicably create a black leather suit for himself so that he can look cool in the final battle, because... reason. Expand
JaykobRileySep 10, 2015
this movie had high exceptions from the first amazing spider man being good but this film just turned out to be **** the villains never fight spider man together. Electro story line was just stupid. the rhino was waste to a 3 minute fight atthis movie had high exceptions from the first amazing spider man being good but this film just turned out to be **** the villains never fight spider man together. Electro story line was just stupid. the rhino was waste to a 3 minute fight at the end. the majority of the film is just talking. Andrew Garfield was decent but he is old and outdated. the film tried to make him look like a figure for teenage girls to have organism for. the only good thing was the building of the sinister six and Gwen dying. i actually laughed at the moment . i would say to a person who wants to watch this film is too just stare at a black screen for 2 hours because that is more interesting. Expand
grandpajoe6191Aug 27, 2015
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" fails from what its predecessor had succeeded in; a butt-load of new characters, a overly complicated plot, and some pathetic moments thanks to a pitiful script really lets down a movie that could have been better.
NatT96Aug 19, 2015
Just watch the 2004 Spider Man
Just watch the 2004 Spider Man
Not better than the first films at all, this movies sort of a mess, but it did not make it a bad movie entirely. This film wants you to like there characters in it, but there so cliche though, the new Spider Man tries with this sort of cheesy punchline personality, that's just not that enjoyable. A majority of the movie it seems as if this Peter Parker just doesn't even take things seriously, and of course it seemed like it was just to purposely create conflict that was not needed, nor enjoyable. The films cgi is mind blowing though, that's probably all I really enjoyed about it, it was done well. Now as far as Jamie Foxx's involvement, I literally guessed his entire character because he immediately showed was a generic nerdy stereotype...I just didn't really care for that at all. There is so much villain involvement (or introductions) in the film, it gives you too much at once that they all didn't fit the plot, literally. So, cliche character development, overuse of villains, and a cheesy Peter Parker that gets annoying, its easily forgettable.
BoogeeFilmGuyAug 8, 2015
I saw this at a 'special theatre'. I say its special because it had flowers hanging from the ceiling and reclining chairs. Alas, throughout the romantic scenes in this movie I focused more on the best position to lie in on my recliner ratherI saw this at a 'special theatre'. I say its special because it had flowers hanging from the ceiling and reclining chairs. Alas, throughout the romantic scenes in this movie I focused more on the best position to lie in on my recliner rather than actually looking at the gigantic screen. Anyway, the other parts of the film were somewhat enjoyable and I don't think Spider-Man fans left too disappointed, although some of the scenes do go on for quite a while. Expand
kababsJul 18, 2015
The Amazing Spiderman 2 is overall a mediocre film, although its not a terrible movie. There are generally good moments within the film such as Marc Webb's visual direction with the film, the cinematography (some of the scenes around New YorkThe Amazing Spiderman 2 is overall a mediocre film, although its not a terrible movie. There are generally good moments within the film such as Marc Webb's visual direction with the film, the cinematography (some of the scenes around New York look great) and Andrew Garfield's performance as Spider-man is top notch. But of course the problems with the film generally revolve around the story. Why should I care about Dane Dehaan's character? Why is electro even in this movie, what is his motivation towards Spiderman? Including random plot elements thrown in like Aunt May's new job and Peter Parker's wall of nonsense that isn't even explained. Plus the random stereotypical russian mad scientist thrown in there to bring it a couple of cringe worthy moments. Fans deserve better from a spiderman film and hopefully they take a more serious approach to the story telling next time around to give us something actually engaging and worth watching. Overall I wouldn't recommend it unless your a die-hard spiderman fan with a morbid curiosity. Expand
TheDude-Jul 11, 2015
While TASM 2 does have great special effects, Action sequences and romance between Garfield and Stone that can not make up for a crowded storyline and overabundance of setup for sequels/ characters and villains.
Richardso1970Jun 27, 2015
It's ok, getting way into the unbelievable comic book realm. Kind of dissapointed. Schmaltzy territory. I liked the original movie series better. I'll still watch the new ones but not in a movie theater.
AaronDWassermanJun 26, 2015
This movie was by far the best of the Spider-Man movies. Garfield and Webb truely captured the hero right off the pages. Granted this movie has its flaws, but it does way more good than bad. Ignore the critics bashing of this movie, go in anThis movie was by far the best of the Spider-Man movies. Garfield and Webb truely captured the hero right off the pages. Granted this movie has its flaws, but it does way more good than bad. Ignore the critics bashing of this movie, go in an enjoy it Expand
TigrisVsLeoJun 20, 2015
It gave me goosebumps at some moments when Spider-Man was web slinging. There are some good parts in the movie that will make you laugh. The effects were fantastic and the fight scenes were great!
jacob4May 25, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An awesome Spider-Man movie that wasn't as good as the first one but better than Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3. They did a decent enough job reimagining iconic Spider-Man villains and taking them to a whole new level. Like The Rhino who they made into a Russian mobster at the beginning of the movie and doesn't show up again until the very end of the movie wearing an awesome metal Rhino mech-suit complete with machine guns, rocket launchers, a metal horn, and can even run on all fours like a real rhino can. The rebooted Green Goblin they made a wee bit creepier and comedic, but whiny and emo before he becomes the Green Goblin, but hey at least they made his military Goblin suit and glider look cool. And Electro the villain who was for some reason played by a nerdy and quirky Jamie Foxx when he was Max Dillon before they made him electric blue and gave him a distorted voice. And they completely came up with a different origin of how he Max Dillon became Electro: get electrocuted by a cable then falling into a tank where he is bitten by electric eels then the tank explodes! Making him a dead body that comes back to life! but hey least they gave him an awesome dub step theme which was the result of Hans Zimmer meets dub step. And who could forget the cute couple of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy played by Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone who still make a cute couple in real life, after all they are "partners". So get ready for a Spider-Man movie that foreshadows and gives you Easter eggs hints of the Sinister Six and bring to life one of the most shocking and iconic moments in comic book history: Gwen Stacy death! So for all those Spider-Man nerds and fans out there here's a movie that will get you excited for the Sinister Six spin-off and The Amazing Spider-man 3 which probably doesn't come out in three or four years because of the Sinister Six spin-off and also the Venom spin-off. Let's just hope that these future Spider-Man movies are better than The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 combined. Expand
SpiderPlayerMay 17, 2015
Good film, stunning special effects, the relationship between Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker is great, but the film has some script failures, and does not show many responsibilities and consequences of Spider Man, and the villains are also notGood film, stunning special effects, the relationship between Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker is great, but the film has some script failures, and does not show many responsibilities and consequences of Spider Man, and the villains are also not very interesting. Expand
JalumbiMay 6, 2015
While ''The amazing Spiderman 2'' suffers from an overly convoluted and confusing plot, putting plenty of characters with no development at all, the special effects and action make the film an entertaining pop-corn flick.
waronassermanMay 2, 2015
this movie is really great! so underrated and gets so much hate undeservingly! this is such a fun movie! people fault it for plot holes when they don't pay attention
m00nlightsh4d0wApr 23, 2015
Just read somewhere that people think this movie sucks and has had loads of bad reviews, WHY?!
In my opinion this movie was the best spider-man movie ever made the actors all played it perfectly from start to finish, the direction, the special effects, the homage to the comics and everything about this film was class, I'm a fan of comic books and I can't understand how anyone could rate the amazing movies coming out lately as bad, all I can think is that they are sitting down looking for something other than a movie about a comic book character, I've watched this movie 4 times and god damn it i'll watch it again when it's on tv, the wife loved it too, in fact everyone I know who's watched it thought it was either really good or amazing. 10,000 out of 10,000 :P Oh and if those critics have stopped us from getting another one of these amazing films with their snooty head up their own butt idiocy I'm going to be very disappointed.
MovieManiac83Apr 22, 2015
One of the reasons Spider-Man endures, as a profitable property and a popular icon, is that he remains an underdog—the superhero who can save the city, but not his friendships or relationships or GPA. Sure, swinging across the ManhattanOne of the reasons Spider-Man endures, as a profitable property and a popular icon, is that he remains an underdog—the superhero who can save the city, but not his friendships or relationships or GPA. Sure, swinging across the Manhattan skyline may be a blast, but it’s hardly compensation for what crime-fighting does to a young man’s personal life. In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the webhead’s latest cinematic stint, radioactive teen Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) has a lot on his plate. The film opens, in a crosscutting flurry of action, with him nearly missing his high-school graduation to stop a hijacking in process. From there, things only get more complicated: The hero’s haunted by guilt over the death of his girlfriend’s father (Denis Leary); by the fear that he’ll end up drawing said girlfriend, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), into the crossfire; and by a burning curiosity about the parents who abandoned him. And that’s to say nothing of the superpowered heavies out for his masked head. As always, and in the immortal but paraphrased words of his dead uncle, Parker grapples with the great responsibility that comes with his great power.

He’s not alone: The creative team behind this expensive, uneven extravaganza has some pretty weighty obligations of its own. With the power of a nine-digit budget comes the responsibility of keeping a franchise chugging along, of introducing new characters while paying off old conflicts, of planting seeds for future installments. Call that the standard burden of crafting a modern comic-book movie; the good ones, like last month’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, make the multitasking look easy. Here, it looks about as difficult as trying to balance a stack of graphic novels on a thin strand of gossamer.

The best that can be said for this busy sequel is that it rarely resembles, as its 2012 predecessor too frequently did, a mere retread of Sam Raimi’s more eccentric Spider-Man movies. Marc Webb, who seemed faintly overwhelmed by his inaugural blockbuster gig, displays greater confidence behind the camera. His first big action scene, a fevered pursuit through rush-hour traffic, has a puckish energy worthy of the source material. And there are a few scenes of spectacular eye candy, as when Webb turns a moment of catastrophe into a CGI tableau, tracking a single spurt of webbing through a dispersing crowd or down a collapsing clock tower. But the script is rarely so graceful. Power duo Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci struggle to transition among scenes of city-demolishing combat, indie-rock-scored montages of Peter pouting in his room, and intrusions of corporate-espionage backstory. They’ve written a checklist, not a screenplay.

Even at a hefty 142 minutes, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hasn’t the time for its surfeit of plot, nor for the sprawling ensemble of supporting characters caught in the sticky web Webb weaves. (There’s no room, for example, for Peter’s newspaperman boss, J. Jonah Jameson, who appears only in email form—though maybe that’s for the best, given the unbeatable wonders J.K. Simmons once did with the part.) Dane DeHaan, from Chronicle, brings a sociopathic rich-kid menace to the role of Harry Osborn, heir to the corrupt Oscorp empire. But the movie can spare only a scene or two to develop his complicated kinship with boyhood friend Parker; a relationship that spanned the entire length of Raimi’s trilogy has been condensed into one movie here. Similarly, there’s little Jamie Foxx can do with his villain, walking battery Electro. Kurtzman and Orci position him as a kind of adult-male Carrie, lashing out at a world that’s ignored and mistreated him. His arc, however, never gains any dramatic power; he’s a stalker geek caricature who transforms into a special effect, glowing blue skin and currents of CGI electricity provided in place of an interesting pathology.

Wedged among the endless introductions, the flashy light shows, and the groundwork for future sequels are the occasional grace notes, most of them courtesy of Garfield and Stone. It’s no surprise that the director of (500) Days Of Summer most excels at the romantic side of Spider-Man, the scenes of playful rapport between the superhero and the geeky dream girl he’s somehow snagged. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 arrives at a surprisingly poignant climax for the young lovers, one that Garfield—a whiz at wisecracking and brooding—sells with utmost conviction. Yet even that heartfelt punctuation is rendered perfunctory, just another item on the film’s checklist. Perhaps Webb should have just carbon-copied the decade-old second chapter of Raimi’s trilogy, a much more elegant balancing act between drama and spectacle. Now that was an amazing Spider-Man.
solomsApr 17, 2015
AMAZING!!!! FANTASTIC! I don't understand how the critics give so bad rates to this movie. One of the best super-heroes movies ever!..................
chwApr 10, 2015
The acting is terrible in the movie. Jamie Foxx was a three-time Oscar nominee, I believe, and he wasted his career away in this. The other actors as well, but luckily, Emma Stone got away, and eventually got nominated for Birdman. The actingThe acting is terrible in the movie. Jamie Foxx was a three-time Oscar nominee, I believe, and he wasted his career away in this. The other actors as well, but luckily, Emma Stone got away, and eventually got nominated for Birdman. The acting was the biggest problem. There are others, such as plot, and how they have a villain in for 90 minutes, another for 10, and another for 5. A terrible way to get ready for the Sinister Six. Expand
MrMovieBuffMar 15, 2015
'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' suffers from the same issues that 'Spider-Man 3' (2007) suffered from...too many villains, too many subplots and a bloated run time that doesn't seem to end. Didn't Sony learn from their first mistake? Obviously'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' suffers from the same issues that 'Spider-Man 3' (2007) suffered from...too many villains, too many subplots and a bloated run time that doesn't seem to end. Didn't Sony learn from their first mistake? Obviously not.

If you ask me, apparently it took four screenwriters to write this movie...I bet Sony secretly hired them as one writer without one of them knowing about the other. One screenwriter probably wrote that Electro is going to be the main villain, the other probably had the Rhino, and the last one may have had the Green Goblin in mind. They all went to Sony Studios and tried to sell their scripts, but when they found out about each other, there may have been some kind of conflict. Whoever is in charge of Sony probably told them to calm down and said that they will use all of these ideas leaving director Marc Webb to juggle all of these stories.

Now, here's the truth, Sam Raimi's 'Spider-Man' (2002) and 'Spider-Man 2' (2004) are absolutely unbeatable to this day. I thought 'Spider-Man 3' (2007) was still good, but I understand why not many people liked it.

I thought 'The Amazing Spider-Man' (2012) was just as unnecessary as most people thought as it was made just five years after the last film and it was obviously Sony's attempt to retain the rights away from Marvel. But honestly, I thought 'The Amazing Spider-Man' (2012) was good, not great...but it was better than I expected, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone really stole the show in that film.

In here, the actors still do a good job managing with a sub-par script, and director Marc Webb tries to juggle as much as he can. Paul Giamatti is absolutely unrecognizable as the Rhino, but he is criminally underused, Jamie Foxx becomes a comic relief as Electro, the main villain of the film. Dane DeHaan is a great actor with a bright future, but his Harry Osborn felt forced.

Honestly, this movie tries to throw so much at you, you struggle to keep up with it, it's like watching three films at once or something. It jumps back and fourth unevenly between; Peter and Gwen, Peter finding out about his parents, Aunt May (Sally Field) becoming a nurse for no reason, Spider-Man fighting Electro and Peter's friendship with Harry. It's too long and there's too much.

Maybe 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' is not going to be remembered as one of the most exciting films of 2014.
FacelessJaguarMar 9, 2015
10/10 best Spider-Man movie and the best film of 2014 and the best super hero movie to. I cant describe how good this movie is its all about the story the villains/characters and the man himself and best Spider-Man to date Andrew Garfield.
DoctorW2016Feb 14, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS MOVIE ROCKS! it shows that being Spider-Man is not easy! how things can be difficult sometimes! how dear people to you can die sometimes! it's the best Spider-Man movie i saw since Spider-Man 2! Expand
MediawatcherFeb 10, 2015
Don't hate on me for saying this, but amazing Spider-Man 2 was a colossal **** dissapointment, with it **** story and awful running time. Jamie fox and Dane Dehan did ok but even they weren't enough to help out this movie. I'm not saying it'sDon't hate on me for saying this, but amazing Spider-Man 2 was a colossal **** dissapointment, with it **** story and awful running time. Jamie fox and Dane Dehan did ok but even they weren't enough to help out this movie. I'm not saying it's bad but definitly could've been way better. It's still good but marvel work on the story. Expand
UltimateBubFeb 1, 2015
As a huge Spider-Man fan, I can't say this is a good Spider-Man film. Although I wouldn't call it a bad one either. The plot is just crazy stupid, the humor is so-so, the villains weren't good enough, etc. But the special effects and actingAs a huge Spider-Man fan, I can't say this is a good Spider-Man film. Although I wouldn't call it a bad one either. The plot is just crazy stupid, the humor is so-so, the villains weren't good enough, etc. But the special effects and acting were OK. The biggest problem with this movie is that it tries so hard to be so many things, and unfortunately, ends up not being enough. Bottom line: Is it bad? Not really. Disappointing? Hell yes. Expand
BernolsvenJan 26, 2015
O romance entre os dois personagens principais chegou ao ápice e isso não me incomodou de forma alguma. As lutas do filme são ruins e pela primeira vez eles modificaram muito coisa nos inimigos, como o Electro, que acho que não era um bomO romance entre os dois personagens principais chegou ao ápice e isso não me incomodou de forma alguma. As lutas do filme são ruins e pela primeira vez eles modificaram muito coisa nos inimigos, como o Electro, que acho que não era um bom vilão pra adaptar e o Duende Verde ser o filho logo direto, aah, pra mim foi muito errado, mas é um ótimo filme. Expand
AkashVijayJan 22, 2015
The Amazing Spiderman 2 faces almost the same problems that it's predecessor faced. The screenplay is weak and the story line lacks structure and consistency. The overlong story is clichéd, crowded with villains and contains some unnecessaryThe Amazing Spiderman 2 faces almost the same problems that it's predecessor faced. The screenplay is weak and the story line lacks structure and consistency. The overlong story is clichéd, crowded with villains and contains some unnecessary subplots forced into it.
It doesn't really surpass it's predecessor and considering the recent achievements of the superhero genre in recent years, the Amazing Spiderman 2 is a huge step back. It's not more than just a popcorn flick. It disappointingly fails a whole lot more than it succeeds.
LelchelseaJan 19, 2015
There are times when you come out of a cinema so disappointed that you pay to go see another movie.
That was the case with The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It had no real direction or anything to show the audience rather than a few scenes of the on off relationship of Gwen and Peter that really just took too much screen time to explain and seemed unrewarding to moving the story forward. The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't horrible but for 200 million dollars you would think they could come up with flashy lights a messy plot and a final battle that sounded like a skrillex concert.
SkyrimGuy935Jan 17, 2015
For a movie about Spider-Man, one of the most beloved superheroes ever, this movie is shockingly clichéd and dull. The dialog is awkward and not particularly well-written, and the plot was a jumbled mess of villains, action sequences, andFor a movie about Spider-Man, one of the most beloved superheroes ever, this movie is shockingly clichéd and dull. The dialog is awkward and not particularly well-written, and the plot was a jumbled mess of villains, action sequences, and secondary characters you couldn't care less about. The score would be lower if not for an emotional moment towards the end.

5.4/10
TheRealFGFanJan 13, 2015
It's such a pity that this movie is horribly received. It's such a good movie and I'm the only one who seems to like it when there are 3 villains. In this case: Green Goblin, Electro, and Rhino. The game can go the same way as well, but thisIt's such a pity that this movie is horribly received. It's such a good movie and I'm the only one who seems to like it when there are 3 villains. In this case: Green Goblin, Electro, and Rhino. The game can go the same way as well, but this is a MOVIE review, mind you. There is one word to describe this movie: Amazing Expand
aaronbartuskaJan 12, 2015
While one can't help but wish all of these great actors were in a film more worthy of their performances, the second film in this Spiderman reboot series is surprisingly a lot of fun. Sure, the music choices suck and Sony should keep theirWhile one can't help but wish all of these great actors were in a film more worthy of their performances, the second film in this Spiderman reboot series is surprisingly a lot of fun. Sure, the music choices suck and Sony should keep their product placement far away from the movies they put out, but if these factors are overlooked, there is a good time to be had. Expand
DBPirate1129Jan 11, 2015
To my surprise, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 improves on its predecessor but suffers from the too many bad guys approach of Spider-Man 3. Nevertheless, this film has finally reached the greatness of the older trilogy.
jlittle1404Jan 8, 2015
The Amazing Spiderman was the Spiderman movie most people had been waiting for since Spider-man 3 left a bad taste in our mouths for the character. The Amazing Spiderman 2 was the movie that I thought would take the series to another levelThe Amazing Spiderman was the Spiderman movie most people had been waiting for since Spider-man 3 left a bad taste in our mouths for the character. The Amazing Spiderman 2 was the movie that I thought would take the series to another level but fell just a little short. That being said this is still a good movie and the storyline sticks to the comic book. Not bad but not great... I give it a 8 out of 10 Expand
FantasyCritic71Jan 8, 2015
This movie is pretty good in some fields and bad at others. SPOILER ALERT!!!! Its a review what do you expect?

The action is amazing the actors did a good job but the story is meh. 1st off the movie started off really boring I almost

The action is amazing the actors did a good job but the story is meh.

1st off the movie started off really boring I almost turned it off to start playing my Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Game but I decided to finish watching because I'm a Spider-Man Fan and I want to know if this movie portrays him well. I then found out that Jamie Foxx is Electro like what? Jamie Foxx? I was shocked literally. but anyway the plot got interesting as soon as Electro got involved.

Also the relationship between Peter & Gwen was a little interesting too but I was turned off by it when she dumped him just to go back to him again but I calmed myself. Peter & Gwen are together again nothing can ever split them apart again right? Green Goblin kills her she dies relationship is over. Gwen dying didn't make me mad in fact I wanted her to die because I'm a heartless person and I didn't really care about her I did feel a little bad for her though. Its this part in the story that I like despite the fact that I hate romance the romance being there made Gwen's death have alot of impact on the story and Peter as a character.

But anyway the rest of the movie wasn't that interesting to me the fights are what gets me hooked into this movie and I feel like I'm the only one who feels bad for Electro. I didn't feel the Spider-Man Vibe I always feel most of the movie was just the romance between Peter and Gwen. The movie needed more character development alot of character development maybe if I'd have seen The Amazing Spider Man 1 I might have enjoyed this a bit more.

My questions & complaints are What happened to Mary Jane? And Where is Jonah Jameson? See to me without Jonah Jameson Spider-Man isn't Spider-Man. I miss him calling Spider Man a menace and always complaining about him. Plus I personally always preferred Mary Jane over Gwen Stacy she was more unique more nicer.

The one thing I loved about this movie is Peter Parker's Ringtone The Spider Man Theme Dun dun dun dun dun............. I need to get that Ringtone.
JackConstantineJan 5, 2015
Much better than it's prequel, the Amazing spiderman (1). In this movie, Garfield really steps into his own, with a brasher, funnier slightly darker film.
WheelzFourReelzJan 4, 2015
There is some fun to be had, but The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has so many ongoing plot points that the entire movie lacks focus. That, and the characters were lacking in almost all departments. It's still mildly enjoyable, but it's not as good asThere is some fun to be had, but The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has so many ongoing plot points that the entire movie lacks focus. That, and the characters were lacking in almost all departments. It's still mildly enjoyable, but it's not as good as it could have been. Expand
JohnMasterLJan 4, 2015
The Amazing Spiderman 2 es un espectáculo visual, supera en todos los aspectos a su primera parte, aun así hay cosas que se manejaron un poco mal y pudo haber estado mejor, cumple con algunas de las expectativas.
BlaKDemonaZJan 3, 2015
Melhor que o primeiro, entretanto ainda não foi dessa vez que vimos todo o potencial do personagem nos cinemas. Quem sabe, um dia, na mão da Disney/Marvel, ai sim teríamos um filme BOM.
diogomendesDec 28, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *POTENTIAL SPOILERS, IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE, PLEASE LOOK AWAY*

This it, guys. One of the most controversial movies of 2014, and the one that I was more hyped for: The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Let's be clear, I was immensely excited for this super-hero flick. I'm a Spider-Man fanatic, I simply idolize this lovable character. I watched cartoons when I was younger, I had toys (and I still have some but I don't use them anymore). I read some comic books, my favorite one was always the Ultimate version. It was more realistic and it was darker, and that's why I found it to be pretty enjoyable to read. The new Spider-Man series - Amazing Spider-Man - are based off of that version. "The Amazing Spider-Man" featured an appealingly dark tone, which I loved very much. Some people said that the filmmakers "nolanised" the film, just because it's dark. That's just absurd. So Nolan is the only person who has legitimate reason to attach a dark atmosphere into a live-action movie? No, it's not a rip off of Batman trilogy, because while Batman fights crime without making jokes, Spider-Man in these new movies does the exact opposite. Anyways, the film was still pretty good and allowed director Marc Webb to learn some techniques in filmmaking, since the guy has a small track record (only 3 movies, if I'm not mistaken). Man, I was blown away by his directing. Every shot is handed carefully and he seems to understand what the characters are and what they're going to be. That led to the success of the first movie, and after that, I was really looking forward to its sequel. Oh man, what a disappointment. Before I saw the film, I subscribed to a YouTube channel named "SevenWebHeads", which purpose was to literally give latest news about the webslinger and other cool stuff. With each video, I was getting hyped for the film, and more, and more, and even more... until I saw the movie with my friend. Oh my god, I was thrilled. The first time I saw the film I was thrilled and confused at the same time, and I'll explain why I was. Thrilled, because the movie is awesome when it comes to action sequences and special effects. Confused, because the plot of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is overstuffed with characters and story arcs. Though I really liked the film and I initially gave it a 9/10. I saw the score on Rotten Tomatoes website drop significantly, until it became a rotten score and I was like shocked. I mean, really? Then I saw the movie multiple times, until I realized that the movie was not that good... unfortunately. However, I don't think it's bad. My god, people really like to jump on the bandwagon and complain about everything. I mean, just because Spider-Man is not in Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) doesn't mean you have to automatically hate this installment and bash it. Some people say that it was terrible. It wasn't terrible, in my opinion. It was decent! Some many youtubers like Mr. Repzion, Yourmoviesucks.DOTorg, and some others hated it and nitpicked the movie to death. I don't judge them because they disliked the movie. I only ask: What is so wrong about this movie? Sure, the story could've been a lot better, some characters were just in the movie to... I don't know their purpose seriously. If Black Cat was mentioned in the newspaper (pretty much like Jameson), that would've been great and it would have spared a character. I mean, what Felicia Hardy is doing in the film. Seriously? She's there because... ah... because...... I don't know, seriously. I think they wanted to tease the upcoming installments, but it was so unnecessary. With that being said, yes, the movie has a lot of flaws and writing issues, but there's also some redeeming qualities attached to it like for instance, the cast is phenomenal.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are so cute together, they have such great chemistry, but that's not only because they're dating in real life but because these actors know how to perform. In the scene when Gwen Stacy dies, Garfield gives such powerful performance in that scene, making me feel sad for both characters. And Chris Cooper also has some screen time has Norman Osborn and I simply love Dane Dehaan in this movie. Another good thing about this movie is Spider-Man himself. He's much more confident with his abilities than he was in the first movie, he now makes little quips (even if they were unnecessary to the context of the scene) and he's even more agile Now, the action. When I first saw the movie, right in the beginning of it, in the chase scene, I felt like I was watching the classic Spider-Man cartoon and that was just awesome.

Final Score to The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 6/10. This movie isn't half bad. Sure, there's overabundance of characters and subplots, too much product placement and a bloated runtime, but overall, it was pretty enjoyable and even if the movie didn't fulfill your expectations, at least you have to give credit for Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone performances.
tormentor55Dec 27, 2014
decent film but suffers from an identity crisis from time to time. Sometimes it wants to be a straight out action film other times it's a movie on a couple struggling to be a couple. Give it a shot but don't expect something like the avengersdecent film but suffers from an identity crisis from time to time. Sometimes it wants to be a straight out action film other times it's a movie on a couple struggling to be a couple. Give it a shot but don't expect something like the avengers or guardians of the galaxy. Expand
JohnKristoferDec 21, 2014
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is not what we expected to be "Better than the original".The Movie Suffers of too much characters and underdeveloped Villains,and the so many plots.Despite great actors playing they're roles.,The Amazing Spider-Man 2The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is not what we expected to be "Better than the original".The Movie Suffers of too much characters and underdeveloped Villains,and the so many plots.Despite great actors playing they're roles.,The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a disappointing movie for a spider-man fan or any people who watches it. Expand
WJSDec 20, 2014
This movie is all about the special effects (which are fantastic) even though it tries to be about the interpersonal relationships of the characters. Unfortunately the scenes with the interpersonal dialogue are overwrought and the visual andThis movie is all about the special effects (which are fantastic) even though it tries to be about the interpersonal relationships of the characters. Unfortunately the scenes with the interpersonal dialogue are overwrought and the visual and action sequences are directed with a very heavy hand. The actors are very good and do their best with the dialogue and direction but really, this movie just doesn't succeed above a Spider Man cartoon or comic book. Expand
oblique15Dec 20, 2014
I really loved the first of " The Amazing Spider Man," series. I can`t say the same for this one. I was really let down. It was a roller coaster ride for me. I liked watching the character Electro, but it got a bit carried away in Spider MansI really loved the first of " The Amazing Spider Man," series. I can`t say the same for this one. I was really let down. It was a roller coaster ride for me. I liked watching the character Electro, but it got a bit carried away in Spider Mans love life.Don`t get me wrong they had good chemistry, but I wanted to watch a super her movie, not a romance/drama flick. Instead of watching the "Amazing Spider Man," I felt like I was watching a movie about Peter Parkers relationships. Expand
LostSandwichDec 4, 2014
This movie has some issues, that is for sure, for example the pacing was poor and Max/Electro's character was not built up quite enough. But this is still an excellent film. Horribly underrated.
TokyochuchuDec 2, 2014
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 does amazing things throughout it's run time, providing badass cool battles and nice romantic moments in equal measure. The film is well on it's way to easily being the best Spider-Man movie when it suddenly decidesThe Amazing Spider-Man 2 does amazing things throughout it's run time, providing badass cool battles and nice romantic moments in equal measure. The film is well on it's way to easily being the best Spider-Man movie when it suddenly decides to summon the ghost of Spider-Man 3 and tries to cram about 4 Spider-Movies into one. The ending is unbelievably wasteful, rushed and crass in it's sequel bating. Which ultimately knocks at least one point off the movie's score for me. Shame. Expand
Movi3R3vi3werNov 27, 2014
The first one wasn't so amazing (I didn't like it that much) I found more enjoyment in the second installment in Mark Webb's Spider-Man Saga. Highly divided, I stand on the side saying I thought this was a good movie. The action was cool andThe first one wasn't so amazing (I didn't like it that much) I found more enjoyment in the second installment in Mark Webb's Spider-Man Saga. Highly divided, I stand on the side saying I thought this was a good movie. The action was cool and Andrew Garfield is just excellent as Spider-Man (but no Tobey Maguire). Expand
CherryxldNov 23, 2014
The Amazing Spiderman 2 es una película que da algunas sorpresas conforme avanza el film, a parte de que la película ofrece una trama interesante y curiosa, que sin dudas fue mejor de lo que esperaba.
Joem33Nov 19, 2014
Definitely better than the first Amazing Spider-Man movie. I think the emotional depth Marc Webb employed in this one is its main saving grace, that is, asides from the cool special effects and action scenes. But in all, this whole newDefinitely better than the first Amazing Spider-Man movie. I think the emotional depth Marc Webb employed in this one is its main saving grace, that is, asides from the cool special effects and action scenes. But in all, this whole new Spider-Man reboot is nowhere close to the nigh-perfect original Sam Raimi trilogy. I mean, Spiddy gets to battle two super villains (almost effortlessly) and doesn't even scratch his suit? You know, that's the core difference between the two movies: Sam Raimi's Spider-Man had this authenticity about it and it was more believable, while Marc Webb's just plain shallow but still enjoyable (The Amazing Spider-Man 2 that is, 1 is a total no no for me). Expand
marvelmaniactNov 17, 2014
being a huge marvel fan i was pleased in allot of ways on how sony and the writers stuck to the comics. everyone agrees andrew garfield and emma stone have chemistry but that doesnt mean every other scene should be based on them.overall ibeing a huge marvel fan i was pleased in allot of ways on how sony and the writers stuck to the comics. everyone agrees andrew garfield and emma stone have chemistry but that doesnt mean every other scene should be based on them.overall i enjoyed the new costume, screen design and effects but sadly the rhino scene ruined my hope and love for this film and franchise. Sony should sell the spiderman rights back to marvel to settle their money problems and in hope that marvel can repair the damage. i still believe andrew garfield is the best adaptation of peter parker but i am afraid if marvel does regain the rights he would be replaced and i would puke if toby miguire regained the role as the web crawler. and that laddies and gentlemen is my rant on the current spiderman situation in a true fans eyes Expand
dziugastvaravicNov 16, 2014
this movie is not perfect and its not terrible...it is definetly a very good movie with flaws that annoy MANY critics and fans however it has many AWESOME moments and good things in it like the amazing acting done by Dane Dehan Emma Stonethis movie is not perfect and its not terrible...it is definetly a very good movie with flaws that annoy MANY critics and fans however it has many AWESOME moments and good things in it like the amazing acting done by Dane Dehan Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield who is the best spider man YET...one of the best things in this movie is the absolutely FANTASTIC action and effects like spideys AMAZING swinging scenes who are the best spiderman swinging scenes we saw in a spiderman movie also the fight scenes with electro at the power plant and time square are definetly one of the best comic book fight scenes I saw...and of course who can forget the wonderful realationship between Peter and Gwen that is the one thing that saves this movie from every posible chance of failure it could have... but like I said its not perfect the story is rushed and sometimes the scenes jump from one another so fast you cant even blink for a second,the villains like many people already said are rushed too and dont have alot of character development...but thanks to the incredible acting performances, the best action and effects shown in a spider man movie,the realationship between Peter and Gwen and Andrew Garfield's performance as Spiderman The Amazing Spider man 2 is one of the best spiderman movies ever.....but not the best Expand
DCEdmondsNov 13, 2014
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

The Good: As expected, the effects were top notch ... but were even above and beyond expectations. Spidey's web-slinging and battle scenes were among the best I have ever seen in a comic book film. The bar has certainly been raised. While he was solid in the first film, Garfield knocked it out of the park in this one as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Once he became the villainous Electro, Jamie Foxx was excellent. Dane DeHaan and Emma Stone absolutely stole the show though. Stone was charming, witty, and the perfect Gwen Stacy. DeHaan was an amazing balance of victim and aggressor. His back-and-forth from dark to light and back was well done.

The Bad: At 2:30 it is too long ... and feels it. There is a stretch in the middle that feels especially long and I can't help but feel that some of it could have been cut from the film. While Spidey typically fights a lot of villains and has a lot going on in the comics, that aspect felt busy here and at times a bit hectic and rushed. Lastly, when Foxx was Max Dillon (pre-Electro change), he was sort of annoying and I couldn't wait for his transformation.
vikesh2206Nov 10, 2014
Too much characters and subplots amongst other cons threaten to overwhelm the movie but the entire cast led by the talented Andrew Garfield (and the visual effects team) once again saves the day.
PeterParkerNov 8, 2014
One of the best superhero movies ever.The Amazing Spider-Man is better than the first movie.This is the best movie of 2014,after X-Men: Days of a future past.With three of the best villains of the comic: Electro,Green Goblin (this time is notOne of the best superhero movies ever.The Amazing Spider-Man is better than the first movie.This is the best movie of 2014,after X-Men: Days of a future past.With three of the best villains of the comic: Electro,Green Goblin (this time is not Norman Osborn,but Harry Osborn) and Rhino. Expand
danielponte1Nov 5, 2014
bad villans, cartonish, the only reason to watch this movie is to see the top cast and the great special effects, this movie is a new spider man 3 which is not a complement
TheFilmFanaticNov 2, 2014
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a sequel that surprisingly does what most sequels do not: deliver. This film builds off of the action, teen angst and intensity of The Amazing Spider-Man by bringing the themes of human connection and loss as wellThe Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a sequel that surprisingly does what most sequels do not: deliver. This film builds off of the action, teen angst and intensity of The Amazing Spider-Man by bringing the themes of human connection and loss as well as a wide array of beloved and new villains. Andrew Garfield fits comfortably into the role of Peter Parker as he delivers a charismatic and strong performance as the webbed hero. The writing for the most part is passable, minus a few odd phrasings in dialogue. Expand
SythusRATINGSOct 22, 2014
It’s great to be Spider-Man. For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen. But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellowIt’s great to be Spider-Man. For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen. But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro, Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: Oscorp. Expand
RainwholeOct 20, 2014
What it does right, it does it REALLY right!
What it does wrong, it does it REALLY wrong!
What it does right, it does it REALLY right!
What it does wrong, it does it REALLY wrong!

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a fantastic movie about a young couple struggling to adapt to their adult transition, that forgets it's a super hero movie. To the point, that I found the Spiderman scenes annoying, for I was more interested in Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy's relationship.

That's a problem....simply because I paid to see Spiderman and I'm into elements of the movie instead that make me want to not see the web-hero. A more appropriate tittle for this movie would be "Love in Manhattan" or "Web of Love", because it completely nails a completely different move than the one it was intended to be.

I enjoy the first movie, and I enjoy elements of this one. Yet, after this one I'm not looking forward to The Amazing Spiderman 3... Let's hope the Sinister Six give a new fresh air to the spidey universe. For I still believe Sony can turn around this franchise.
TheRealCriticsOct 18, 2014
Dont understand bad talk. Great Moive. Sony give back Rights please. loveDont understand bad talk. Great Moive. Sony give back Rights please. love spideyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Expand
ToEndlessAbyssOct 12, 2014
Mediocre at best, primarily because of strong expectations for excellence. This could have been so much more... Still, the music was good, action was solid enough - it just needed a stronger/more convincing plot.
Patrick94Oct 8, 2014
One of the worst superhero films of all time. Maybe 25% of the movie is dedicated to any interaction between Spidey and the villains in the film. The rest of the movie is just one huge drama fest that comes across as a glorified episode ofOne of the worst superhero films of all time. Maybe 25% of the movie is dedicated to any interaction between Spidey and the villains in the film. The rest of the movie is just one huge drama fest that comes across as a glorified episode of Days of our lives. I'm not going anywhere near Amazing Spider-man 3 if Marc Webb is directing it. He has no clue how to direct a superhero film. Expand
AuriellOct 6, 2014
Tons of people giving this movie a 10. Am I living in the twilight zone? No, probably not - but this movie was probably inspired by the twilight movies. There are so many wrongs in this movie it is really disappointing. Its almost like theyTons of people giving this movie a 10. Am I living in the twilight zone? No, probably not - but this movie was probably inspired by the twilight movies. There are so many wrongs in this movie it is really disappointing. Its almost like they created this movie as a replacement for lithium treatment - can't get any more depressing than that. Expand
CKOSMOSep 23, 2014
The movie is really great, but in my mind was a little bit hyped. The action scenes weren't satisfying to me and the cast was small. It has a lot to do with Peter Parker, but to me, Spider-Man didn't really get that much story.
Evan2814Sep 23, 2014
This movies lives up to the title adjective 'amazing', making itself the the new jewel of Spider-Man movies! It keeps itself true to the source material while providing gripping plot and character development.
This movie had enough
This movie had enough attributes to make itself genuinely unique among other superhero movies.
LJHayesSep 18, 2014
This is a great super hero movie. I love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, he is great at it and the development of his character is fantastic. The story was good if a little bloated, the action sequences were awesome and the soundtrack isThis is a great super hero movie. I love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, he is great at it and the development of his character is fantastic. The story was good if a little bloated, the action sequences were awesome and the soundtrack is outstanding. There's a good balance between drama, action and humour that fits the character of Spider Man perfectly. Jamie Foxx does a great job of Electro, I love what they did with that character in this film. Dane DeHaan puts in a very convincing performance of a scared, angry young guy slowly becoming more and more unhinged throughout the course of the film. His performance is almost hypnotic. As for the final villain, Rhino, there's nothing to say because he's barely in it. Don't let the trailers and posters fool you, Rhino has nothing to do with 99% of this film. He was thrown in there for the one and only purpose of promotion so if you saw any of the three hundred trailers that were released for this film then you have seen every scene he is involved in.
Other than that shameless piece of sly marketing this film is great. Can't wait for the future films of the franchise.
hieraxSep 14, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im really disappointed by this Movie. Its 80% Teen romance, 10% Spiderman storytelling and 10% scenes of Spiderman fighting the bad guys. Very much blabla about their feelings and the relationship of Peter to his girlfriend. It is clear they tried to get more girls into this movie, but for guys just looking for some action and superheroes fighting evil villains, this is the wrong movie. Sometimes i thought this is how people had felt when their girlfriend forced them to go to watch twilight with them. The trailers told a cool story with epic fights against the Goblin, Rhino and Electro. SPOILER : there are two good fights against Electro, but Rhino and the Goblin are only shown at the end of the movie for about 5 minutes. The Goblin got a short fight of ~4min and then the Rhino comes in, just as cannonfodder, getting beaten by spiderman in about 1minute. This is all action in this movie. One fight against electro in the middle of the movie, and then the final with Electro->Goblin->Rhino. I cant recommend this movie. Expand
Tjackson31692Sep 13, 2014
I going to say I'm a huge spiderman fan I got most of him comics but the amazing spiderman franchice its cutting for me. Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 there’s a decent 90-minute movie. The problem is that, for every good moment, fantasticI going to say I'm a huge spiderman fan I got most of him comics but the amazing spiderman franchice its cutting for me. Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 there’s a decent 90-minute movie. The problem is that, for every good moment, fantastic performance, and solid action scene, there are underdeveloped character and story elements, questionable CGI, and tepid melodrama. This causes the movie as a whole to come across as flat, dull eye candy, which never does enough to differentiate itself from either its predecessor or Sam Raimi’s earlier stab at the franchise. Not enough of what they try to do works, there’s no thematic continuity, and you walk away feeling like the filmmakers never decided what movie they wanted to show you.

Andrew Garfield proves once again that he was an excellent choice to play the new incarnation of the web-slinger and his civilian alter ego Peter Parker. Charming, earnest, and fun to watch, he embodies the duality of the character, capturing both the wisecracking teen, but also carrying the weight of his responsibility and the baggage he stows under all that spandex. People are going to hate the constant banter with the bad guys, but that’s a key part of Spidey’s shtick, and to be honest, that’s always been the most annoying trait of the comics. As the lead he’s easily the best part of the movie, but still not enough to save the day.

Playing opposite Garfield, Emma Stone is back as Gwen Stacey. She, like her partner in crime, is great to watch and it’s hard not to love her at least a little bit. It’s nice to see a female character that is more than just a superhero’s girlfriend, a complication, or some dangling carrot for him to save. Over the course of the movie she does wind up in peril, but this comes as a direct result of the choices she makes of her own accord. In fact, she has a skill set and knowledge that, without, there’s no way good could possibly triumph over evil.

Aside from his origins and the death of uncle Ben, the relationship between Peter and Gwen is one of most iconic pieces of Spider-Man lore. Though there are a few too many will-they-won’t-they moments that take up valuable time, it’s nice to see that relationship rendered well, and Garfield and Stone have such a fantastic chemistry that it’s hard not to be engaged in their story. This is easily the high point, too bad the rest of the movie is nothing but mediocre.
bosconian87Sep 6, 2014
I have just put myself through a marathon this week of the Amazing Spiderman movies as I hadn't seen them, and where I enjoyed the first one, and acknowledge how solid it is, I also felt that it was unspectacular as well - a great setup forI have just put myself through a marathon this week of the Amazing Spiderman movies as I hadn't seen them, and where I enjoyed the first one, and acknowledge how solid it is, I also felt that it was unspectacular as well - a great setup for sure, but it didn't really take any risks, and suffered for it a little.

With number 2, its obvious that Director Marc Webb had to push the ante, by not only moving the story to what we will eventually see, but also moving the story to its logical 'cliffhanger' questions that will be answered when The Amazing Spiderman 3 and The Sinister Six arrive on the big screen. All this no doubt was a herculean task, and sadly, Webb, didn't get it all quite right. But did he come close!!

Let me get the criticisms out of the way first: Electro isn't given the due screentime to explain himself fully - if it was really that hard, why not just have him arrive, and do a montage of events explaining his past and the moment of Electro's creation? I can accept that ultimately he's not the main event of the movie (I'll get to that), but surely if you're going to give a little, explain yourself? And then there's the fact that we're supposed to just accept that Peter Parker and Harry Osborn are good friends, just like that, when it wasn't even broached-upon in the first movie? Okay, I'm nitpicking here I know, and maybe its a fault of the first movie - but hey, at least a little continuity please?

So lets get to the good points - the relationship between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy is the main point of this whole movie, and whereas such a move has failed in past superhero movies, here it soars. It was enough to pass a blind eye to the faults I've mentioned above, and actually recognize, that this film is trying to do something different. And then there's stirling support from Dane DeHaan, who puts a wicked spin on a well-known villain to great effect. Its really evident of everyone in the movie, that for all its faults, that it does work so well. And then there's the special effects - somebody has actually thought about them, for goodness sake!! As a last point of good, having seen the deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray, Marc Webb left out a lot (including a certain character), and I say good to him - had he included them, this movie would not have been so effective, and if anything, any emotional investment would have been met with a bucket of cold water.

And there you have it - watch this film and know that whilst its not perfect, and its a conduit from an introduction to something much bigger, and you'll have a blast. Its very good for all its flaws, and not as bad as many would make you believe.
Platty20Sep 5, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A mostly underwhelming sequel which shoehorns two villains in with literally no development, the character of Max becomes the villain electro in a way that makes no sense even in terms of super hero movies with such trivial motivations he is immediately unbelievable as a character. Il give the movie credit for actually having the balls to kill off the love interest which results in a pretty emotional scene. Acting is pretty good from everyone involved, but overall the movie left a lot to be desired. If they can't even develop one villain I dread to think what will happen in the sequel when they squeeze as many as they can in. Expand
SpankySep 3, 2014
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The humor was lame and out of place. I forced myself to watch it until the end to make sure the terrible script would continue to the credits. It did.
pacifier666Sep 1, 2014
This Movie did not entirely go along its title so no it wasn't absolutely amazing so to say. I respect how they are trying to differ from the original trilogy by not remaking the same movie thrice, But this is extremely weak especially theThis Movie did not entirely go along its title so no it wasn't absolutely amazing so to say. I respect how they are trying to differ from the original trilogy by not remaking the same movie thrice, But this is extremely weak especially the villain how they underplayed electro and though green goblin comes towards the end he is not enough of saving grace.The scene which is exactly borrowed from the comics involving gwen's death was great.Apart from that i have said it before and ill say it again ANDREW GARFIELD is Awesome as spiderman Expand
NotoriousFraudAug 31, 2014
The critics are not far off with this movie. The sequel to the reboot "The Amazing Spider-Man" is a messy film. The script is all over the place, and we are introduced to characters who we are supposed to sympathize with but they are neverThe critics are not far off with this movie. The sequel to the reboot "The Amazing Spider-Man" is a messy film. The script is all over the place, and we are introduced to characters who we are supposed to sympathize with but they are never given the screen time or development to grow, Andrew Garfield is a "meh" Peter Parker, and as the story progresses it gets more predictable and many dumb scenes later all the excitement just turns to bore and you just want it to end. Expand
LeZeeAug 31, 2014
The second movie in the new Spider-man movie series that directed by Marc Webb. I doubt his potential after seeing this movie. I feel someone should take his position before it become too late. In the history of the Spider-man movies, fromThe second movie in the new Spider-man movie series that directed by Marc Webb. I doubt his potential after seeing this movie. I feel someone should take his position before it become too late. In the history of the Spider-man movies, from all the 6 this one is the worst. Commercially it has done a great business that grabbed around $800 million all over the world, but failed to deliver another quality movie for the fans. The movie engaged with the too much character and subplots. The subplots were not placed in the right spots, kind of random appearance brings the chaos in understanding the story. I had a high hope on this movie and it did not supply well. Frankly, I kind of lost interest in Spider-man. Maybe because it was too soon to reboot, I guess.

‘‘You want to be the hero.
And now you gotta pay the price.’’

The first movie gave a decent re-start for the refreshed Spider-man movie series. And what happened here in this second installment was a disaster. The first thing is it was nearly a 2 and half an hour movie that brought me lightly a headache to carry on thus far. Actually, it was 10 minutes shorter than what it is now, but in the end they have developed a bit longer to show the opening scene of the third movie. When a movie got a powerful hero, it should have equally matched antagonist. If they are matched, then the fight between them are the next thing to bring the best out of it. I think the Electro man did not click as they have expected, at least not to me. The strength he had was something beyond spider-man, but did not unleash him in a perfect manner. Though Jamie Foxx was not bad in that avatar, the filmmakers kind of wasted his presence for not so good scenes.

Remember the original Spider-man was the modern superhero movies, I mean it was done using computer graphics. Afterwards 'Batman', 'Iron Man', 'Thor' and all were followed. I like the version with Tobey Maguire in it, though my rating declined by movie after another in the trilogy. This reboot series had a good opening, but failed to get the momentum going. Especially all the emotions were looked fakes that do not appeal like the original movie series did. Yes, it had a wonderful box office and that does not mean the movie is good, either worst. But expected a little better, especially in the negative characters. Andrew Garfield was good, not awesome, because most of his masked parts were CGI. Emma stone was another let down and could not help comparing her with Kristen Dunst, because she was no way near, at all. The Dane DeHaan role had the same issue and I don't know why people did not get better space in the movie that ran 140 minutes long. Like I said subplot spoiled everything I think. The digital 3D and stunts were poor. Yeah, there are many things to complain about it than to praise, but all the answer should come in the next sequel. If that makes bigger, not commercially, I mean with a good story, graphics and performances then there will be no problem. But if it fails, I had to say 'bring back the fourth installment of the original movie series'. Definitely not worth a watch, but anyway most of the guys going to watch it or already watched it.
gasoleneAug 30, 2014
This movie sucked. I actually laughed at the idiocy of most of it and fast forwarded the other bits. Tragic is an understatement. Did 17 year olds write the script? Please say yes.
BigZAug 29, 2014
I wasn't as impressed as I was looking to be. It's only getting harder and harder to make good superhero films these days and I just couldn't find a good hook in this one. There's a particular feel that the Spider-man has and I felt like heI wasn't as impressed as I was looking to be. It's only getting harder and harder to make good superhero films these days and I just couldn't find a good hook in this one. There's a particular feel that the Spider-man has and I felt like he was delivered as well as he could have been but the other acting performances and weak plot and subplots just watered down that feel. Problems started popping up that beg the question why they bothered to reboot this superhero. What's the point of Rhino? How come Jamie Foxx's character has a way weird and awkward personality then just magically becomes BA after he gets superpowers. (Okay common issue in many superhero films but that doesn't change the lack of development in the villains.) The boyfriend, girlfriend, just friends, fluctuations were just too labored and plain wasted time. I mean estrogen much? That being said, I liked Emma Stone. I felt like she stepped into her character nicely but they totally had to ruin that didn't they. This movie isn't a total loss, its worth a watch or two at best. Expand