7.1

1. Jul 28, 2012
    I love marvel comics and specially the superheroes. This movie is great. It's my favorite movie. I recommend it to the people who like action and some comedy. It is a fantastic movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    I love Spiderman movies ever since 2007, this should be on sales now! The movie is more than 2 hours of entertainment, making me impressed of the whole story.
  3. Jul 31, 2012
    Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and everyone else in the cast is fantastic. The special effects are some of the best ever. What is really amazing though is that the story of Peter Parker becoming Spider-Man is just as fresh and emotional as the first time it was told 50 years ago. (and the last time we saw it less than 10 years ago.)
  4. Aug 1, 2012
    I watched this recently, and I think 80% of the time the movie was catching your eye, so you don't really ever get bored, also funny sometimes. (Sometimes, not a lot)
  5. Aug 2, 2012
    Best Spider-Man yet. The younger casting of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone paid off big time! They were much more believable in their roles than the Spider-Man franchise has ever given us. Though the villain was not that exciting, this is the first superhero movie that I've ever seen that I honestly want to see again. Usually the genre is a little boring to me, but this movie is top-notch.
  6. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tis movie isn't amazing but it is one of the best of the spiderman movies. there are some memorable moments but thre are some ridiculous scenes, like the scene with the construction workers giving spiderman a lift. the cgi wasn't the best but it was still good. The movie dragged a little and the lizard shared similarities to the 2002 Spidermans Green Goblin in an overall score.
    Story-7
    Cast-8
    Sound-8
    Animation-6
    total-8/10
    Great
  7. Aug 5, 2012
    my roomate's step-mother brought in $15301 last month. she has been making cash on the computer and moved in a $482100 condo. All she did was get fortunate and put into work the information given on this web NuttyRich.com
  8. Nov 10, 2012
    This was a great movie, despite what people have been saying that 'Its just another spiderman film' well, they are right, it is, but thats just it, all spiderman films have been brilliant and given the spectator a very great feeling at the end of it, just as I had during, and at the end of it. There were a few very minor errors I noticed, so minor that I can't even fully remember them,This was a great movie, despite what people have been saying that 'Its just another spiderman film' well, they are right, it is, but thats just it, all spiderman films have been brilliant and given the spectator a very great feeling at the end of it, just as I had during, and at the end of it. There were a few very minor errors I noticed, so minor that I can't even fully remember them, overall, it was an 'amazing' film. Collapse
  9. Aug 20, 2012
    After the atrocity that was spider man 3 i didn't know what to expect from this one. Not only can I safely say that this redeems itself for that steaming pile of pig s**t I can also say that this is a great super hero movie in its own right and in my opinion is better than The Dark Knight Rises. (But not quite as good as The Avengers, The Dark Knight or Spider Man 2)
  10. Aug 21, 2012
    I expected less from this movie, but it was well made and deep and I'm willing to rewatch it. The Amazing Spider-Man is very entertaining and there isn't anything really bad about it
  11. Aug 29, 2012
    Firs of all, it's a good Spiderman movie. Don't compare it to the other ones, because it's stupid - this is amazing Spiderman. Andrew Garfield played a pretty good role, so did Emma Stone - I was really surprised. It had a good plot. And Spiderman was how he should be, always making fun of his enemies and everything. It was great movie for me. Although I liked the first Spiderman movieFirs of all, it's a good Spiderman movie. Don't compare it to the other ones, because it's stupid - this is amazing Spiderman. Andrew Garfield played a pretty good role, so did Emma Stone - I was really surprised. It had a good plot. And Spiderman was how he should be, always making fun of his enemies and everything. It was great movie for me. Although I liked the first Spiderman movie better. But this is a new movie, and it's a new Spiderman and it's a good one. Expand
  12. Dec 14, 2013
    Amazing Spider-Man is truly amazing movie superhero, if i can compare with sam raimi movie, the different look in costume, story, character, by the way i enjoy watch this movies...so entertaining...can't wait the sequel...good job Marc Webb
  13. May 4, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man is not a perfect film, by any stretch of the imagination. It isn't a groundbreaking one, either, by virtue of being a reboot. However, the film that we got was far better than I expected it being, and is in my opinion, the best Spider-Man movie we have to date.

For the rest of this review, I'll be referencing the original Spider-Man from 2002, directed by Sam Raimi, which I will refer to as "SM1." I'll be referring to this film as "TASM."

Being a reboot, it improved, and even managed to fix, a lot of problems that SM1 had. The biggest overall difference is the tone of the film itself. It's more grounded in reality than SM1. It's still a fantastical film, what with a teenager having super-powers, and giant lizard people, yet the tone the film establishes, despite these fantastical elements, works very well. This is thanks to the caliber of acting and the dialogue itself.

Characters are played believably. The character of Peter Parker is one of an average, teenage high-schooler. He's smart, but not obnoxiously smart. He's nerdy enough to be overlooked and bullied by the popular crowd, and he doesn't have to rely on tired nerd stereotyped that were outdated in the 1960s, ala SM1. Andrew Garfield's performance, both as Parker and Spidey, works very well. We believe that he's an average high schooler in this world, and we also believe he's the wise cracking, mask wearing web slinger thanks to his overall range of acting. You buy his emotional scenes just as much as you do his comedic ones, again, thanks to the well written dialogue alongside his shining performance.

Garfield stars opposite of Emma Stone, who plays Gwen Stacey. Gwen's character may not steal the show as much as Garfield's but she's easily one of the best actors in the film. She's just as believable as Garfield is on screen, and so is the romance that occurs between the two.

Marc Webb had previously directed an off-beat romantic film, called (500 Days of Summer), and his talent with that genre shows here. The on-screen chemistry between Garfield and Stone is almost so real you can feel it, and both actors turn in amazing performances while doing interesting things with established characters from the source material.

The pacing of the film is a little off. Considering this is a reboot, it retreads tired ground we've seen in SM1. That doesn't mean that these new takes on old scenes are bad, mind you. In fact, I prefer most of them. It's just that it takes a decent amount of time for the movie to actually kick off and get started as a kick-ass superhero flick. The grounded tone may help the pacing a bit, but not enough to save it from dragging on just a tad bit too long in the first act.

The scenes shown when Parker gets his Spider-Man powers are hilarious as they are intriguing. It was great seeing him adjust to all of these sudden changes, as well as producing his own wrist mounted web shooters and the webbing they use. Considering Garfield is believable in this role, it's not a stretch to imagine that Peter would be capable of doing such a thing.

The costume design reflects this notion, as well. While some aren't too happy with the costume in this film, I'd say it works well for what the director was trying to achieve. The thin lines on the suit help to accentuate Spidey's more slim tone, and he doesn't look beefy in comparison to Maguire's build in SM1, and overall, it compliments the character of both Parker and Spider-Man.

Every main character in this movie is developed very well. We get to see a glimpse into all of their lives; their workplaces, their schools, etc., and how they act and react to and around people, and all the performances are believable. Character development, especially on Peter and Gwen, as well as Cpt. Stacey, is done exceptionally well.

This movie would have perfect character development if it weren't for the villain. Without giving anything away, after some pretty gnarly stuff goes down with his character, we're not too quite sure what his general intentions are after that. Not enough time was spent on his character, and this is a 2 hour film. It's a shame.

The action scenes work surprisingly well, sometimes opting for practical effect which look amazing, and wonderful CGI scenes that are just as serviceable. Most of the action takes place during the night time, which is kind of a shame for Spidey, whose costume works very well during the day, but as a whole, the film and its effects are enthralling to watch.

All in all, I'd say this is a great superhero film. It's not as grounded as Nolan's Batman trilogy, yet it's not as campy as Raimi's Spidey films. It hits a perfect balance somewhere in between. The humor, characters, action, romance; everything in this film just works, and I highly recommend it to both fans of the character and those looking for a solid summer film to watch, in general. It's a great film, let only down by poor development on the villain.
  14. Oct 10, 2012
    This movie is truly Amazing. It sucks you into the story, and creates realistic and relate-able characters. While some users here might say the first half was boring, I heavily disagree. The first half does nothing but develop characters, establish important plot points, and reel you into a semi-realistic action/tragedy/comedy story-line. This movie, in terms of acting, is leagues ahead ofThis movie is truly Amazing. It sucks you into the story, and creates realistic and relate-able characters. While some users here might say the first half was boring, I heavily disagree. The first half does nothing but develop characters, establish important plot points, and reel you into a semi-realistic action/tragedy/comedy story-line. This movie, in terms of acting, is leagues ahead of the classic trilogy, and does not at ALL sound "forced". Now while I can respect what the original actors tried to do, they just didn't deliver as greatly as Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, and all of the other actors did. This movie is simply phenomenal, and I can, without question, call it my favorite super-hero movie of all time. Here's to hoping that the sequel will be even more amazing. Great work, Marc Webb. Expand
  15. Nov 14, 2012
    The original spiderman movies are some of my favorites of all time, so how does this one measure up? It's a good movie that does certain things well (the fight scenes and choreography are fantastic- I believe they are just as good as in the original films), but I feel that Peter Parker is less likeable than he should have been. The movie just isn't as compelling as the originals. As wasThe original spiderman movies are some of my favorites of all time, so how does this one measure up? It's a good movie that does certain things well (the fight scenes and choreography are fantastic- I believe they are just as good as in the original films), but I feel that Peter Parker is less likeable than he should have been. The movie just isn't as compelling as the originals. As was expected, many of the plot lines are left unraveled by the end of the movie (in fact, no plot lines are wrapped up at all in the course of the movie), so let's hope that we can get some answers soon- otherwise most of this one is just a bunch of cryptic mumbo-jumbo. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2012
    This movie was surprising in a good way - much better than I'd expected. It's far better than the last two Spiderman movies, and even though they re-do the Spiderman origin story I liked the way it was done in this movie much better than the original movie. This is regardless of the comic book series. Sometimes the original stories from comic books don't carry over well for modern moviesThis movie was surprising in a good way - much better than I'd expected. It's far better than the last two Spiderman movies, and even though they re-do the Spiderman origin story I liked the way it was done in this movie much better than the original movie. This is regardless of the comic book series. Sometimes the original stories from comic books don't carry over well for modern movies so I think the story was well done to accommodate both movie fans and original comic book fans. Expand
  17. Nov 11, 2012
    I thought another Spiderman movie would be a waste. I was pleasantly surprised. Sally Fields &I Martin Sheen brought credibility to the story line. The actingand special effects kept my attention throughout the movie.
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    A great movie with quite a few plot holes that keep it from being amazing. The action is really captivating, the drama between the characters is interesting. The film keeps with the comics quite a bit which is nice for a change. You have a credible enemy who is a decent match for a hero who is just coming into his powers. Glaring plot holes at the beginning of the movie loses theA great movie with quite a few plot holes that keep it from being amazing. The action is really captivating, the drama between the characters is interesting. The film keeps with the comics quite a bit which is nice for a change. You have a credible enemy who is a decent match for a hero who is just coming into his powers. Glaring plot holes at the beginning of the movie loses the movie points. What also loses points is the campy ending which is coherent yet lacks total believability in the circumstances. It's a fun and enjoyable movie. Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2012
    The Amazing Spider-Man is the amazing reboot to Spider-Man. Andrew Garfield plays a believable Peter Parker, as many nerds can relate to his emotions and his lifestyle. Plot(no spoilers): The Amazing Spider-Man gives audiences the back story behind the mysterious disappearance of Peter's parents. One day when Peter stumbles upon his father's old briefcase, his life changes forever. ManyThe Amazing Spider-Man is the amazing reboot to Spider-Man. Andrew Garfield plays a believable Peter Parker, as many nerds can relate to his emotions and his lifestyle. Plot(no spoilers): The Amazing Spider-Man gives audiences the back story behind the mysterious disappearance of Peter's parents. One day when Peter stumbles upon his father's old briefcase, his life changes forever. Many signficant changes to his ordinary lifestyle include his new relationship with fellow classmate, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone); To the murder of his beloved fatherlike Uncle Ben (Martin Sheen). Ultimately, these are nothing compared to the mutated spider bite which gives him Spider like powers such as sticking to walls and great reflexes. As he becomes thankful for his powers, he accquires a relevation that makes him want to become much more, The Amazing Spider-Man, keeping the streets of New York clean. Along the way however, he becomes a part time lab partner with Oscorp Industry's Dr. Connors (Rhys Ifans) working towards the better health of mankind. However when Connors injects himself with the untested regenerative antidote, he becomes The Lizard and is a potential threat to the well being of New York. As Peter realizes his part in The Lizard's creation, he believes it is his responsiblility to make sure he doesn't harm any civilians. My opinion: the CGI was top notch and the acting combined with the story is enough to make any audience feel for the emotions Peter experiences throughout his lifechanging story. Comparison to Spider Man: A decent number of scenes, lines, and story plot are quite similar in terms of his origin story, and his family life. However The Green Goblin and The Lizard have completely different motives as antagonists, however they both have similar origins. I would recommend this to anyone, especially those who have never fully experienced a live-action Spider-Man movie, and to those who are die hard fans Expand
  20. Dec 10, 2012
    This was a worth while reboot. The original Spiderman suffered from a cartoonish undertone, and horrid acting from most of the main cast. The few good things about it were crushed by its played out take on the whole thing.

What does this movie have that the other doesn't? Adult jokes, better explanation of his back story, and better acting. I really hope that they make a sequel.
  21. Jul 29, 2013
    Well cast and shot, but I think the story was a bit lacking. The 'greatness' that Peter Parker was supposedly destined for according to Uncle Ben was nowhere to be seen. The first half, in which the protagonist is often seen without the costume, is more engaging. There were some memorable scenes, like the first time Peter talks to Gwen. This is my second favourite movie of the characterWell cast and shot, but I think the story was a bit lacking. The 'greatness' that Peter Parker was supposedly destined for according to Uncle Ben was nowhere to be seen. The first half, in which the protagonist is often seen without the costume, is more engaging. There were some memorable scenes, like the first time Peter talks to Gwen. This is my second favourite movie of the character after Spider Man 2. Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2013
    This is a solid reboot of a rather recent series of films that probably didn't need to be done so soon, but it has been done very well. Andrew Garfield is great as the new Peter Parker and overall it's a great cast! Storyline is similar to how the other series starts out but things change here and there. MJ is no more but Gwen is in the leading lady role played by the gorgeous Emma StoneThis is a solid reboot of a rather recent series of films that probably didn't need to be done so soon, but it has been done very well. Andrew Garfield is great as the new Peter Parker and overall it's a great cast! Storyline is similar to how the other series starts out but things change here and there. MJ is no more but Gwen is in the leading lady role played by the gorgeous Emma Stone who does a great job! Overall it's nothing but entertainment and quite enjoyable to watch Expand
  23. Jan 23, 2013
    Its a made well movie but not great. Some errors like lines and ageing makes it bad, worst part is that they are 29 and 27. THEY ARE TEENS! They can't be 30 it's like seeing Iron Man be 74. It is a movie likely to succeed but a prequel would not be high in getting a prequel.
  24. Feb 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I heard that Spider-Man was going to be rebooted, I was not supportive of the idea because I felt the story might not be good, and it's going to be weird seeing Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker /Spider-Man instead of Tobey Maguire. Nevertheless, I saw the Amazing Spider-Man and I was pleasantly surprised about what I saw. Its not perfect, but still manages to be a well creative story. So whats different about this movie? Well, the movie does a better job of telling Peter Parker's back story than the original Spider-Man trilogy. Second is the relationship between Uncle Ben and Peter Parker is a lot better. Third, I loved Uncle Ben in the original film, but I felt like he was side-tracked and I didn't knew much about him. This Uncle Ben is funny, he cares about his Peter, and wants to help him through his troubles. Its a sham that he dies during the movie because I really liked him. All these make the Amazing Spider-Man good, but I still have a few major issues with it. First is Andrew Garfield's dialogue isn't that great. He is good in the suit, but not in the speaking. Second is the characters, Emma Stone is a good actress and she does a good job as Gwen Stacy, but others like Dr. Conners isn't really that interesting, Denis Leary as Gwen's father was disappointing. I like Denis Leary, but I believe this is not one of his better movies, and everyone else is bland. The main problem I have with all these characters is we don't know much about their back story or their motive. Dr. Conners was okay, but I didn't know much about him. Even though the movie is basely on Spider-Man, I want to know about other characters even the scene is only 5 minutes long. The Amazing Spider-Man is a good movie, not one of my personal favorite, but still watchable. Expand
  25. Feb 3, 2013
    As a fan of the original spider-man movie trilogy I was a little concerned over the concept of a re-boot, but marvel did a great job of making it feel fresh. The new actors are definitely stronger than the original which was a nice surprise. I felt the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone was great and The action was fantastic as we've come to expect from marvel films. TheAs a fan of the original spider-man movie trilogy I was a little concerned over the concept of a re-boot, but marvel did a great job of making it feel fresh. The new actors are definitely stronger than the original which was a nice surprise. I felt the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone was great and The action was fantastic as we've come to expect from marvel films. The problems I had with the films however were mainly with the familiarity of certain scenes to ones in the original. Obviously we have to see some scenes from the original spider-man again but there was a strong sense of deja-vu in a lot of the scenes. Also the lizard as the villain had the most cliche origin in all of comic books ever. I think this was a amazingly strong reboot and I hope the sequel improves on the fantastic foundation set by this movie! Expand
  26. Feb 5, 2013
    A well acted action packed superhero film that makes this well needed a reboot a success. This new storyline proves that we will see Peter Parker's teenage years and will show a bigger development in the story than a huge jump from high school-er to photographer.
  27. Mar 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Amazing Spiderman, what do I think of this movie, it's... AMAZING! Let's start off with the pros of this movie. First, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's acting. I found the perfect performance of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. They show how they are both excellent actors because they show their romance for each other on screen well, they execute their scenes perfectly and adding a better relationship. I really like this acting. Another pro of this movie is the special effects. Spiderman and the Lizard have never looked better on screen in the school scene and the Oscorp scene etc. Since both those scenes were shot with CGI, this makes Spiderman and Lizard look amazing as I've said. More on the effects, when Spiderman web swings, the CGI blends so well together, I actually wished there were more scenes of Spidey web slinging. Next, director Marc Webb made a great mash-up of Comedy, Drama and Action together and I really loved how they gave Dr.Connors a split personality like Sam Raimi did with Norman Osborn and the Green Goblin. Finally, the crew have mad sure to follow the storyline correctly which is amazing because I loved Spiderman for 9 years. Now onto the cons of the movie. The suit development was short. We all know that Peter is a smart guy so making the suit was the one way to show his intelligence. But it went by so quickly it left the audience with little development. Next. the Lizard's writing. The character feels so bland because you didn't get to know him well. If Dr.Connors/Lizard was more deeply explored, he would've been a lot more likeable even though I did like his character. Finally,The quote "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility". It was paraphrased but I would've preferred it to be said in those exact words. But wait there some more things I want to talk about. I found some really awesome scenes in this movie like the gang fight in the alley, the school scene with Spiderman and The Lizard etc. Also the movie had a bit of a dard tone to it and I don't make The Amazing Spiderman look like Batman because a lot of other movies are dark but it's not Batman all over again. My final verdict is a 9.5 out of 10. The cons listed held this movie back from being a 10 out of 10 but it was still fun and entertaining. Expand
  28. Feb 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first heard the Spider-Man film series was gonna be rebooted, I was pretty pissed. But then I saw the a trailer, and I thought "Hmm this could be pretty good". So one day I was on a plane, decided to watch a movie, and there it was the Amazing Spider-Man. And what do I have to say? It's just as good as the first movie. I find Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man more humorous then Tobey Maguire's, however I felt Tobey's fit the high school dork role, with Andrew seeming more like of the everyman. So I believe while Tobey was a better Peter Parker, Andrew is a better Spider-Man. Although I do have issues with the whole promising to stay away from the dying man's daughter only to say "Promises you can't keep are the best kind"....wtf? I was a little peeved she didn't slap him in the face. I have mixed feelings about switching back to the web shooters from the comics. As while they may be iconic and a sign of the character's intellect. I've always felt Spider-Man should naturally posses the ability, but that's just nitpicking. As for the love interest, I personally have a preference for Mary-Jane over Gwen, having grown up on the 90's animated series where Gwen didn't appear. However I happen to be a fan of Emma Stone (Superbad, Zombieland, Easy A) and whoa was she great in this movie. She's got me hoping that they do not follow the death of Gwen Stacy from the comics. Rhys Ifans also does a great job of making Curt Conners sympathetic, and the Lizard villainous. Although I think the Lizard would've looked better with a snout like in the comics. All in all, solid acting, a decent story, and amazing effects. It's really a shame that the film was over-shadowed by The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises......Okay I'm just kidding those films were both better. But The Amazing Spider-Man is defiantly worth a watch. Expand
  29. Apr 20, 2013
    Does "The Amazing Spider-Man" do anything new to movies? Well, no. But the genres that exist are all in there. The movie has its moments of humor, horror, romance, action, adventure, thriller, it has simply everything, and the way they used all that to make a superhero movie is simply one of the best ways they could use it.
  30. Feb 28, 2013
    It's not a movie that wins awards and it's not close to reaching the magnificent height of "The Dark Knight", the best super hero-movie to date, but who cares? This film has got just the right amount of action and humour that is expected out of a Spider Man-film, and Andrew Garfield actually makes a great performance as the classic super hero.
  31. Jun 12, 2014
    This movie got a lot of hate and I understand why. It's just not what people expected it to be. I strongly believe that this was a lot better than the older ones with Toby McGuire. This seemed like it actually was able to tell a story. And doing it in a lot better acting. The squeal to this was expected to be good, but I thought it was kind of awful to be honest. Once again I choose, theThis movie got a lot of hate and I understand why. It's just not what people expected it to be. I strongly believe that this was a lot better than the older ones with Toby McGuire. This seemed like it actually was able to tell a story. And doing it in a lot better acting. The squeal to this was expected to be good, but I thought it was kind of awful to be honest. Once again I choose, the first over the second. Expand
  32. Apr 24, 2013
    This reboot of the Spider-Man franchise delivers with a strong performance by Andrew Garfield as the lead character, and big names in some of the other supporting roles. Acting great Martin Sheen, host of the Breakthroughs with Martin Sheen show, gives a strong performance as usual, in the role of Uncle Ben. Denis Leary, better known as a comedian than an actor, also shines as the fatherThis reboot of the Spider-Man franchise delivers with a strong performance by Andrew Garfield as the lead character, and big names in some of the other supporting roles. Acting great Martin Sheen, host of the Breakthroughs with Martin Sheen show, gives a strong performance as usual, in the role of Uncle Ben. Denis Leary, better known as a comedian than an actor, also shines as the father of Peter Parker’s love interest.

It’s great to see well-established actors and thespians, like Sheen and Sally Field, who plays Aunt May, share the screen with up-and-coming actors like Garfield and Emma Stone, who plays Gwen Stacy. The young stars hold their own with these heavyweights, and show that they belong. Although Sheen does not appear in as many movies these days as he did in his heyday, he shows the talent that has helped him remain in show business since the early 1960s. These days, Sheen hosts the Breakthroughs Martin Sheen show, and also appeared in a movie directed by his son Emilio Estevez called “The Way.”

The Martin Sheen Breakthroughs show examines positive and intriguing stories across American society. It airs on public television stations across the nation, including some PBS-affiliated stations. The Martin Sheen PBS program (www.breakthroughsptv.com) looks at medical subjects, environmental topics, business stories and more. The Martin Sheen public television program looks at education stories as well.

Hopefully, the producers and director of the sequel to this entertaining and enjoyable movie can bring back all the principal actors and actresses for the sequel.
  33. Jul 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just saw this film for the 32nd time now... It is by far my all-time favourite super-hero flick! I enjoyed every single second! This I believe is the reboot Spider-Man needed... Andrew Garfield i think (in my opinion) best portrayed Peter Parker! the script was amazingly well-written by James Vanderbilt (who also wrote Zodiac and 2003 film Darkness Falls). I absolutely love the director Marc Webb's fresh modern take on the super-hero's origins, from when Peter gets bit by the radio-active spider, and the building of his webbing device! Also want to give huge props to the Cinematographer, John Schwartzman (who recently is working on Dracula Untold, Jurassic World and did the 1996 film The Rock). Expand
  34. Apr 25, 2013
    It is much like the 2002 version, the plot and relatively good action scenes Guides, reasonable performances but q makes the 2002 version better and charisma tobey maguarey, which has adrew garfield
  35. May 30, 2013
    I don't understand why anyone would hate this movie. I actually like that its a reboot because its a fresh new start. At first I didn't like the new costume but now its growing on me. The fighting sequences were really good and so was the story. I liked Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone as Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy. I kinda wished the movie had a second villain like Scorpion. Its pretty muchI don't understand why anyone would hate this movie. I actually like that its a reboot because its a fresh new start. At first I didn't like the new costume but now its growing on me. The fighting sequences were really good and so was the story. I liked Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone as Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy. I kinda wished the movie had a second villain like Scorpion. Its pretty much the Batman Begins of Spider-Man movies. Expand
  36. Jun 17, 2013
    This may not be the best Spider-Man film, but its an excellent reboot. The cast is definetely one of the best. The movie kills it with action, emotion and origin. It's a retelling of Spider-Man but in a way that has secrets.
    I give TASM a 9/10
  37. Jun 21, 2013
    Marvel never ceases to amaze me with their movies well most of them, but this particular film was well... AMAZING! First of all Andrew Garfield did a really good job playing the Spider-man character, but his Peter Parker performance wasn't as great as Toby Maguire's portrayal. Stone and Garfield don't really have chemistry in acting so that made this film awkward at times. The film alsoMarvel never ceases to amaze me with their movies well most of them, but this particular film was well... AMAZING! First of all Andrew Garfield did a really good job playing the Spider-man character, but his Peter Parker performance wasn't as great as Toby Maguire's portrayal. Stone and Garfield don't really have chemistry in acting so that made this film awkward at times. The film also told a really good story and separated itself from the first Spider-man in 2002. Although some of the plot points are similar, the villain is different and this movie actually shows Peter's parents rather than not show them at all. Also, when this movie came out on DVD it shows many of the deleted scenes that would have been great character development for Doctor Curtis Connors (The Lizard) who despite didn't have the greatest development did a really good job portraying The Lizard. Overall this movie was a really good one and I highly recommend it.
    Overall: 8.5/10
  38. Jul 4, 2013
    With science and wit dangling from its webs of storytelling, "The Amazing Spider-Man" uses Garfield and Stone's acts to soar, and leaving a wonderful impression in the end.
  39. Aug 11, 2013
    I think this is a fantastic movie and in my opinion better than the other Spider-man movies. They choose the perfect actor to play Peter Parker/Spider-man. Overall a really enjoyable movie for comic book fans and fans of good movies.
  40. Aug 1, 2013
    Serving two fantastic leads in Garfield and Stone as well as a great villain in Rhys Ifans as The Lizard, everything works out perfectley in this superb reboot of my favorite superhero. It's truly amazing, not just amazing, but quite spectacular!
  41. Sep 21, 2013
    This film was undoubtedly awesome and slightly better than Spider-Man (2002 film) as the story was explained in a much better manner. There was a lot mentioned about his parents, his memories as a child and a briefcase which his father leaves behind that leads to him becoming Spider-Man. The important thing was that not many things were copied from Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man film. AndThis film was undoubtedly awesome and slightly better than Spider-Man (2002 film) as the story was explained in a much better manner. There was a lot mentioned about his parents, his memories as a child and a briefcase which his father leaves behind that leads to him becoming Spider-Man. The important thing was that not many things were copied from Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man film. And for that, I guess I could Marc Webb a thumbs up right now! At first, he had some personal vendetta of finding his Uncle's killer...and then he learned the concept of wearing a mask, and eventually, he found a way to put his powers into proper use...by saving people. For those of you that think The Lizard was a lame piece of think again...there was this scene in Oscorp where Peter asks Dr.Connors, "How would a predator track a reptile?" Now think of Spider-Man as the predator and The Lizard as the reptile. Plus, it was more about cross-species genetics. If you're looking for a more badass villain, I suggest you wait for Electro to arrive in the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man 2. Expand
  42. Oct 29, 2013
    It's a good film so I'll give it a 8/10. The actions are pretty cool too, the way Peter Parker gets his webbing powers are well-explained. The film has a few hilarious scenes so it's a great movie to watch for all age.
  43. Dec 17, 2013
    The Amazing Spider-Man is a mostly successful reboot of Spiderman despite having an agonizingly weak antagonist and shared plots with first Spider-Man movie.
  44. Dec 12, 2013
    Stays a lot like the first Spider-Man in terms of plot, but action-packed fight sequences and great use of CGI make it a fresh take on Peter Parker's story.
  45. Mar 4, 2014
    I really think this is underrated by a lot of people. Despite the obvious flaw of a rehashed story, I think looking past that, every aspect of this film is immensely superior to any other adaption, not just that of Raimi. Amazing acting; Stone never ceases to amaze me. Smart slick humour which I always love, and pretty damn great action sequences. A few odd soundtrack choices, but apartI really think this is underrated by a lot of people. Despite the obvious flaw of a rehashed story, I think looking past that, every aspect of this film is immensely superior to any other adaption, not just that of Raimi. Amazing acting; Stone never ceases to amaze me. Smart slick humour which I always love, and pretty damn great action sequences. A few odd soundtrack choices, but apart from that and a few other flaws, I don't see much wrong with this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Expand
  46. May 30, 2014
    Fantastic Movie for the Summer! The Amazing Spider-Man is packed with action and romance and is lead by an amazing performance from Andrew Garfield who makes this film entertaining most of all.
  47. Dec 8, 2014
    Although the story sometimes succumbs to some of the 2002's Spider-Man plot points, "The Amazing Spider-Man" is a satisfying installment in Marvel canon thanks to its fantastic cast, well-handed direction and an appealingly dark tone.
  48. Apr 27, 2014
    An alright superhero movie. I was never a big fan of the first Spiderman movies and not a fan at all of Spiderman in general. He is one of my least favourite superhero's. There were some cool action scenes in this movie to keep me entertained enough but nothing to special at all.
  49. Apr 27, 2014
    This movie surprised me. After the fiasco that is Spider-Man 3 I just about lost hope for the Spidey Franchise as a whole. So once i heard they were rebooting the franchise just 5 years after Spider Man 3 you could see my concern. But I am very happy to report that this film was great. Andrew does a great job as Peter and the chemistry between him and Emma just bring this movie to life.This movie surprised me. After the fiasco that is Spider-Man 3 I just about lost hope for the Spidey Franchise as a whole. So once i heard they were rebooting the franchise just 5 years after Spider Man 3 you could see my concern. But I am very happy to report that this film was great. Andrew does a great job as Peter and the chemistry between him and Emma just bring this movie to life. Rhys Ifan's as Dr. Curt Connors a.k.a. The Lizard was the one weak spot in the movie. I didn't feel any emotion or life in this CGI villain. But other then that this is a good film. Two thumbs up. Expand
  50. May 1, 2014
    great movie, with intense action and good characters. My favorite Actor was Andrew Garfield He's amazing in this film, and The writing was good. This movie was stellar movie with a stellar cast and great writing to keep you interested
  51. May 3, 2014
    This movie came out a while ago and so ill keep it simple for anyone who hasnt seen it yet. Its a good movie. period. It makes for one awesome summer flick! very enjoyable!
  52. May 25, 2014
    If you could fully trust the title of this movie then I wouldn't be writing this review. While it isn't "amazing", it sure was great. The main draw are the action sequences. Obviously, viewers are limited in terms of feeling like spider man (because, well, it's a movie) but the camera angles give a great sense of swinging like Tarzan across New York City. I especially liked when it wouldIf you could fully trust the title of this movie then I wouldn't be writing this review. While it isn't "amazing", it sure was great. The main draw are the action sequences. Obviously, viewers are limited in terms of feeling like spider man (because, well, it's a movie) but the camera angles give a great sense of swinging like Tarzan across New York City. I especially liked when it would be in a first person perspective. It all gets quite action packed when Spidey fights the big lizard. Spider man climbs atop ceilings, slides, and dashes to evade the destructive force of his opponent. There's is a lot of walls being smashed. So unless you must see explosions in action movies (there aren't much) then you'll be satisfied with the fight scenes. Andrew Garfield gives a very good performance (He's the actor who plays Spider Man). It's comical when he first starts to use his powers. So all of that's great but there are some bad stuff. Some parts are not original. It's been far to many times when the bomb or device is stopped at the last second. And Gwen only falls for peter because he's a superhero. So occasionally you might feel like you've seen this before. But those complaints aren't significant enough for you to not see it. This is definitely one of my favorite superhero movies. Expand
  53. May 17, 2015
    Good movie has great special effects, the relationship between Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker is good the story so that is good, but does not show very well the Spider Man responsibilities.
  54. May 25, 2015
    An awesome reboot that has the potential of being better than Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. Complete with a new cast such as: no more Toby Maguire but now Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker who looks more better looking than Toby Maguire. Sure Kirsten Dunst was hot as Mary Jane but Emma Stone is hotter with blond hair as Gwen Stacy. And a brand new villain most Spider-Man fans were excitedAn awesome reboot that has the potential of being better than Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. Complete with a new cast such as: no more Toby Maguire but now Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker who looks more better looking than Toby Maguire. Sure Kirsten Dunst was hot as Mary Jane but Emma Stone is hotter with blond hair as Gwen Stacy. And a brand new villain most Spider-Man fans were excited to finally make a live-action appearance, The Lizard! Even though the Lizard didn't look like the comic book one, it still looked pretty good, except it needed a more believable lizard head and snout, and a ripped lab coat. So get ready for an action packed reimagining of one of Marvel's most iconic superheroes and his supporting characters. It's kind of a remake of Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man movie except without the Mary Jane, Peter never finds Ben's killer, and no Norman or harry Osborn as the Green Goblin, until the sequel. For all those fans who were let down by Spider-Man 3 here's a movie that'll make the Spider-Man universe cool again. Expand
  55. Nov 22, 2014
    I enjoyed the revived Spiderman even more than the any of the films from the original trilogy. This film focuses more on the Spiderman that we see in cartoons and comic books and Andrew Garfield just seems more suited for the role than Tobey McGuire did. He could never win the fans bad after the dance scene in Spiderman 3. I like the addition of Gwen Stacey as a main character as they areI enjoyed the revived Spiderman even more than the any of the films from the original trilogy. This film focuses more on the Spiderman that we see in cartoons and comic books and Andrew Garfield just seems more suited for the role than Tobey McGuire did. He could never win the fans bad after the dance scene in Spiderman 3. I like the addition of Gwen Stacey as a main character as they are following the storyline that should have been followed during the first 3 films. Expand
  56. Nov 10, 2014
  57. Aug 20, 2014
    Reboot time! The 2002-2007 Sam Raimi Spiderman franchise came to a close once SM3 disapointed many fans. So long story short the franchise was rebooted. July 6, TASM came . Andrew Garfield starring as Peter/ spiderman and Emma stone starring as gwen stacey. The main villian in this movie is Dr. Conners aka the lizard. Overall the movie was a decent film. I give a 7.8. I did enjoy it though!
  58. Dec 22, 2014
    Great movie. Very underrated, not a 10, but 7.1 is too low so I'm trying to get the rating higher. I enjoyed the darker tone this movie took, and this was better that the 2002 Raimi movie, in my honest opinion. Many people forget that this was a solid movie because of how bad the sequel turned out. The whole Amazing Spider-Man franchise is not a failure, and if they return to the realisticGreat movie. Very underrated, not a 10, but 7.1 is too low so I'm trying to get the rating higher. I enjoyed the darker tone this movie took, and this was better that the 2002 Raimi movie, in my honest opinion. Many people forget that this was a solid movie because of how bad the sequel turned out. The whole Amazing Spider-Man franchise is not a failure, and if they return to the realistic and dark tone of this movie, the 3rd one could be amazing. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield deliver fantastic performances, and their scenes together were very cute and heart warming. Expand
  59. Sep 3, 2014
    I really love this movie, its great! Spider-man is undoubtedly my favourite super-hero in the marvel universe, and probably out of all the super-heroes there is at the moment! I loved the new actor and the new plot too, it was a remake off the first spider man with Tony Maguire, and I didn't think it would work before I watched it but let me tell you I've never been more wrong! Also, someI really love this movie, its great! Spider-man is undoubtedly my favourite super-hero in the marvel universe, and probably out of all the super-heroes there is at the moment! I loved the new actor and the new plot too, it was a remake off the first spider man with Tony Maguire, and I didn't think it would work before I watched it but let me tell you I've never been more wrong! Also, some great music in it! Expand
  60. Oct 22, 2014
    The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker, an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy, and together, they struggle withThe Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker, an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy, and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero. Expand
  61. Feb 27, 2015
    Un reboot excelente, muestra el origen y el desarrollo de Spiderman de una manera distinta, mas humana y dramática que la trilogía de Sam Raimi, es de las mejores películas de Spiderman que existen (pero no supera a Spiderman 2 de Sam Raimi)
  62. Nov 9, 2014
    After The Avengers and X-Men: Days of future past,The Amazing Spider-Man it's the best superhero movie of all time.A great movie and great actors.The best Spider-Man movie with the second movie of Sam Raimi's trilogy.
  63. Dec 23, 2014
    .This Summer Witness yet Another Spider-Man movie so Sony Can Retain The Rights To It's Character.The Amazing Spider-Man is dark and more mature than the original but lacks story.It brings back the moments that we already saw in the original film and brings back Thing we like about the character Peter Parker/Spider-Man.Andrew Garfield is great being Peter/Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen.This Summer Witness yet Another Spider-Man movie so Sony Can Retain The Rights To It's Character.The Amazing Spider-Man is dark and more mature than the original but lacks story.It brings back the moments that we already saw in the original film and brings back Thing we like about the character Peter Parker/Spider-Man.Andrew Garfield is great being Peter/Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.Spider-Man looks so good when he's fighting a villain and New York is Just so good too. Expand
  64. Jan 4, 2015
    The Amazing Spider-Man is a very enjoyable reboot with fun action and some likeable characters. However, the villain was very weak and there were some moments that were so implausible that they were stupid. Still, the movie is fun and definitely worth your time.
  65. Jan 11, 2015
    Definitely doesn't reach the height of the Sam Raimi films and while it may be too early for a Spider-Man reboot, it's worth seeing for any Marvel fan anxious to see another film involving your friendly neighborhood, Spider-Man.
  66. Jan 26, 2015
    [Portuguese] O humor do novo Homem-Aranha é simplesmente incrível e a Gwen Stacy é completamente amável, personagens carismáticos como estes junto a um inimigo que faz jus a toda história dos quadrinhos deixaram esse filme quase perfeito.
  67. Feb 1, 2015
    For a Spider-Man reboot, this is actually pretty good. The origin has some small flaws though, and some scenes are a little lame, but any way, this is quite a good movie. It stands out for its cast and innovative storytelling. It's just different, in a positive way most of the times. It's not better than the first 2 Spider-Man films, but it's far from being the worst.
  68. Mar 12, 2015
    The amazing spider-man was good but not as good as the spider-man movie in 2002. And iam a big spider-man fan i read comic books of spider-man i watch his movies and when i herd that there was going to be a spider-man reboot i was ok with it. And when i saw the trailers i though it was going to be better then spider-man trilogy. But when i saw the movie they took out cool lines that someThe amazing spider-man was good but not as good as the spider-man movie in 2002. And iam a big spider-man fan i read comic books of spider-man i watch his movies and when i herd that there was going to be a spider-man reboot i was ok with it. And when i saw the trailers i though it was going to be better then spider-man trilogy. But when i saw the movie they took out cool lines that some characters said but in the movie those lines or not in the movie at all and that all was bugs me. The good things in this movie is Gwen. stacy her and Peter where perfect togather i loved watching them on the screen and i liked how they added the parents story line like form the comics but then peter forgets about it after he gets his powers and that also bugs me as well. The action is awesome and great specail effects and you have a great solid cast of acters as well. i realy enjoyed this movie but the movie does have some bad things in it as well. The degin of the lizard looked like carp i did not like it at all. And points through out the movie he all was did some thing that no human can ever do and people at his school could tell that his spider-man and he is not keeping his secret identi save. And theres some parts of the plot the they just dont bring up again. But i really injoyed this movie and i would have to give a 8/10 and you ment me wondering why did you like the spider-man movie in 2002 better but you gave it the some rating well i will tell you i can give 2 diffrent movies the same rating and i can still pick on over the other. thanks you guys for reading my review for the amazing spider-man. Expand
  69. Apr 22, 2015
    not as good as spider man 1.2 and even 3 (I liked 3). its not very good but it still pretty good. the spider man charter was play down a little bit but that's it.
  70. Apr 17, 2015
    Finally, a good super-heroes movie! I love spider-man and Andrew Garfield is much better than Tobey Maguire. I didn't like Tobey Maguire's Spider-man series, but this one is fantastic.
  71. May 2, 2015
    Very fun movie! the cast is phenominal! Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have fantastic chemistry, the best of any comic book movie. Andrew brings the spidey from the comics to the big screen
  72. May 25, 2015
    A reboot already? How rediculous! Well, aside from the fact that this reboot could have waited at least another three years (how can you reboot something after five years?), it's a pretty decent movie. I say decent, as I'd give it a 6.5/10. It's cool to see a new take on his origin, and with a villain not in any previous Spider Man movie (The Lizard). The action is good and so is the CGI.A reboot already? How rediculous! Well, aside from the fact that this reboot could have waited at least another three years (how can you reboot something after five years?), it's a pretty decent movie. I say decent, as I'd give it a 6.5/10. It's cool to see a new take on his origin, and with a villain not in any previous Spider Man movie (The Lizard). The action is good and so is the CGI. Still, the writing feels weaker than the last Spider Man origin story. I just didn't care for it as much. Expand
  73. Jun 26, 2015
    At first I was so against this reboot. But then I saw this and I am all for Garfield and Webb. This film may not have a strong antagonist, and an origin for Spidey was recently seen not too long ago, but you can't deny it's done well.
  74. Jul 21, 2015
    He restarted franqicia Spiderman but I 've never seen Andrew Garfield presented as this superhero but good performance , this is worth recognizing his talent. Congratulations , Andrew !

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Jul 5, 2012
    This might be a fun summer blockbuster if only it even remotely needed to exist.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Jul 3, 2012
    In short, the character is a lot like the way Stan Lee first envisioned him, but the trilogy's screenwriter Steve Ditko would probably loathe this new, unsatisfying, and hollow-feeling entry into the new cinematic Marvel Universe.
  3. Reviewed by: Joshua Rothkopf
    Jul 3, 2012
    On the whole, it's passable stuff, a surprise, given how mechanical the masked character seemed.