Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 28, 2006
5.5
Mixed or average reviews based on 56 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
FreedomFightersNov 3, 2016
Fun fact: the production company that made this film, DNA Productions, was also the creator of the "Jimmy Neutron" film and TV series. And somehow, they were able to cast Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Nicolas Cage and Paul Giamatti for theirFun fact: the production company that made this film, DNA Productions, was also the creator of the "Jimmy Neutron" film and TV series. And somehow, they were able to cast Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Nicolas Cage and Paul Giamatti for their film. Figure that one out. But, in all seriousness, "The Ant Bully" is just a decent animated film. It's competently animated, solidly written, pretty well acted, and occasionally witty. It's nothing spectacular, but kids will probably get a good kick out of it. Just don't walk into it with your expectations sky high. Expand
EpicLadySpongeFeb 29, 2016
It doesn't build up hype just as I was expecting, but this movie makes me want to enter the fray just like how they did in, "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!" and enter the bug life just like how they did it in either, "A Bug's Life" or, "Antz".
CineAutoctonoDec 7, 2015
An animated film so full of adventure, comedy almost lost , but another more than just divide the plot options but has been good. the first animated of Legendary Pictures softly serves.
homer4presidentMar 28, 2015
There's nothing incredibly bad here. But there's also nothing good. "The Ant Bully" is just a inoffensive efforts to make another animated movie, dull and forgettable.
MovieGuysMar 6, 2014
A mediocre, easily forgettable kids movie with nothing special. Just a middling flick with mildly diverting eye candy to entertain the little ones for a day.
sil3nt_nickMar 27, 2013
Good for the younger end of its audience, 'The Ant Bully' is just another film by PIXAR, not having a very interesting story line.
NooblySep 1, 2012
This review contains spoilers. Im sorry, but I have to give a 2
This movie makes no sense, soo is this is what you watch to educate your kids? no
Blamming exterminators, plus The ants actually attacked the boy by shrinking him
Bad humor,Bad jokes, Bad entertainment, Annoying, Waste of my time
ZilcellMay 29, 2012
Not as good as Bee Movie or A Bug's Life, but it entertains. The animation could be a little better but its fun. Advice though: People need to stop making computer-animated movies about bugs! There are too many of them.
grandpajoe6191Sep 26, 2011
"The Ant Bully" is evidence that Warner Bros. suck at creating animations, as well as scripts for it too.
williamwigglesNov 13, 2010
A fun movie worth seeing, bad endings to good ones, and a bully to ants. What else might you expect? Saw this movie a long time ago, don't know what it's out on, but it might be worth getting.
MovieLonely94Nov 7, 2010
of all the bad CGI movies, this is probably the least bad. the animation was cheap and the character development wasn't good, but the visuals were good and the acting wasn't that bad. Warner Bros deserves a credit for at least trying.
MaxK.Nov 4, 2006
I liked the movie because it was cool and funny. I liked when the boy turned tiny. The ants gave the boy a good lesson to not be mean to them. I liked the animation very much. My family liked it too! I recommend this movie to all children I liked the movie because it was cool and funny. I liked when the boy turned tiny. The ants gave the boy a good lesson to not be mean to them. I liked the animation very much. My family liked it too! I recommend this movie to all children and parents. Expand
MichaelAOct 24, 2006
A good movie, not great. It was better than Monster House. I liked the way it showed how ants look at the world from a different perspective and their opinions. Some parts can be funny and cute, but it's not the best film. The human A good movie, not great. It was better than Monster House. I liked the way it showed how ants look at the world from a different perspective and their opinions. Some parts can be funny and cute, but it's not the best film. The human characters weren't very good except for the granny with her teeth falling all the time and her crazed obsession over aliens. Jelly beans. Expand
JordanG.Sep 24, 2006
Another annoying movie about a dumbass kid who takes his anger out on smaller creatures but they "fight back". Frankly, i think they should make a animated movie WITHOUT TALKING ANIMALS!
KenG.Sep 19, 2006
First half is really kind of charming and fun, but second half grows increasingly corny and dopey. It's a film children should like, but it squandered its chance of being something adults would like as much.
C.Aug 24, 2006
Annoying. Another 3D movie pandering to an audience of retarded dumb kids aged between 2 and 7? Argh. This would make an excellent propaganda film for the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
ChadS.Aug 20, 2006
The ants want a green "sweet rock". Unmistakably, that has to be a reference to Kerri Green. What the hell happened to her? Rent "Lucas". You'll fall in love with her. The Lucas in "The Ant Bully" wears glasses like Corey Haim did in The ants want a green "sweet rock". Unmistakably, that has to be a reference to Kerri Green. What the hell happened to her? Rent "Lucas". You'll fall in love with her. The Lucas in "The Ant Bully" wears glasses like Corey Haim did in the 1986 coming-of-age classic, which could've been dismissed as a coincidence without the jelly bean hue of choice line. As for the film, I'm impressed by its Buddhist regard for all living creatures; perhaps, creating a new legion of vegetarians. The ants also have their own religion(they worship a giant queen ant). Now that they made contact with a human, now there's the chance these insects could be colonized by Christianity. Maybe the filmmaker is smuggling in some allegory when Lucas tries to destroy the ant mound. Incidentally, this is a fantastic film for little kids. As for me, as you can tell, I had to work hard to find any entertainment value in these anthromorphic ants. Julia Roberts is one pretty ant. Expand
MarkB.Aug 7, 2006
It's not nearly as original as Monster House, or as consistently delightful as Over The Hedge, nor does it possess the huge cast of (literally) colorful characters that the Pixar movie featuring Larry the Cable Guy as a bucktoothed tow It's not nearly as original as Monster House, or as consistently delightful as Over The Hedge, nor does it possess the huge cast of (literally) colorful characters that the Pixar movie featuring Larry the Cable Guy as a bucktoothed tow truck has--and its badly timed release is just the latest of many factors that have made the summer of 2006 a worse one for Warner Bros. than for just about anybody else except Mel Gibson. But this backyard adventure about a boy who learns empathy for and develops a friendship with a colony of ants by magically shrinking down to their size, and thus more or less BECOMING one of them, has enough humor, excitement and just the right amount of genuine sweetness to please kids and parents alike. It's been unjustly criticized as being a distant third-place also-ran to the 1998 CGI creepy-crawlies Antz and A Bug's Life, but The Ant Bully really has much more in common with such classics of miniaturization as Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, The Incredible Shrinking Man and (briefly but unforgettably) Fantastic Voyage. There's a subtle moral--that those who are bullied are strong candidates for becoming bullies themselves--but some terrific action sequences (especially the climactic Death Star-like attack on the exterminator), appropriately juvenile gross-out jokes (including a memorable scene thatcombines boogers AND head lice in just a few pungent secondas of screen time) and semi-gratuitous juvenile near-nudity keep things moving briskly enough to keep the message appropriately subtextual rather than heavy-handed, even if this movie is ultimately as likely to prevent kids from stepping on ants as Bambi kept generations of them from eating venison. Three brief incidental observations: 1.) Is the fact that this is a Play-Tone production part of the reason why Nicolas Cage, playing a human-hating ant who eventually softens his stance, frequently sounds so Tom Hanks-ish? 2.) Which group of parents is more deserving of a trip to child-custody court for going on a kid-free vacation and leaving their way-underage offspring under minimal care and maximum danger, the ones here or those in Monster House? And 3.) Between the villainous way they're depicted here and in Over the Hedge, are exterminators now offically the 2006 movie equivalent of lawyers, used car salespeople and telemarketers? Expand
BobM.Aug 7, 2006
Starts off descent and falls through the cracks. Watchable and somewhat enjoyable with laughs here and there but still not the movie i was expecting to enjoy.
RobTurneAug 7, 2006
Far better than Barnyard and up there with Ice Age 2...but still not what we need in cartoon entertainment.
TinaO.Aug 7, 2006
Not exactly impressive, entertaining or outstanding but its annoying plot and watchability allow your to sit through it not having to think so hard that you get frusturated at how pathetic it really is.
D.Q.SlotkinsAug 4, 2006
I went in just for the airconditioning, not expecting much. But, wow, really fun. Nice script for a kid's animation flick. I laughed out loud several times. Some very nice surprises, too. The firecracker POV is hilarious. Bruce Campbell I went in just for the airconditioning, not expecting much. But, wow, really fun. Nice script for a kid's animation flick. I laughed out loud several times. Some very nice surprises, too. The firecracker POV is hilarious. Bruce Campbell & Lily Tomlin's voice work is excellent. Expand
ChristopherP.Aug 1, 2006
I found this to be a very enjoyable movie to watch. The animation was attractive and inventive, the story was fast paced, and the voice acting was top-notch. I thought the film could have done without some of the crude humor, but it I found this to be a very enjoyable movie to watch. The animation was attractive and inventive, the story was fast paced, and the voice acting was top-notch. I thought the film could have done without some of the crude humor, but it didn't detract too badly from the piece. I recommend it. Expand
AndrewR.Jul 30, 2006
Enjoyable if not great animated feature.
MMorganJul 24, 2006
I loved it! It was a fun filled ride and very imaginative. It looked great!
MichelleC.Jul 24, 2006
This is cute and has very important messages about bullying and working together. It isn't Pixar, Shrek or very original for that matter. It is entertaining, especially for those too young for Monster House. Think "Bugs Life" meets This is cute and has very important messages about bullying and working together. It isn't Pixar, Shrek or very original for that matter. It is entertaining, especially for those too young for Monster House. Think "Bugs Life" meets "Over the Hedge" without amazing animation or an amazing script. You will swear you've seen these ants before but they were very blue and lavender the first go-round. Expand