7.9

1. May 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The dialogue is crisp, the action is loud and in your face, and the characters are all there. For an Avengers fan, or someone craving snippy lines and mindless action, this movie is for you. For those of you looking for a truly epic experience, a story with impact, look elsewhere. In the end, the Avengers is all it could be, and what was promised in the first of what may very well end up being a trilogy. As such, our heroes are in no danger (and neither is our villain for that matter), and for someone who isn't a Marvel junkie, the whole journey just felt like pointless fluff. Even the overlong action sequence carries little impact as we all know how it will end. I suppose The Avengers was all it promised to be, but in spite of that I left the theater wanting more from this film. It still gets a passing grade, but I would not see it again. Expand
  2. May 21, 2012
    Its an ok superficial superhero action/comedy and if you liked movies like Iron Man and Captain America you will probably like this to. It has funny one liners and good looking effects but not much more. If you want a movie with good story and any depth to the characters this is not for you.
  3. May 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NOTE: This review contains a few -brief- and -nonspecific- spoilers to The Avengers and other recent Marvel films. It shouldnâ Expand
  4. Jun 3, 2012
    The 3-D Is Amazing And Epic!
    We Want Somthing New Not Another Freaking Superhero Movie...
    THINK
  5. Jun 15, 2012
    Felt like I actually got my moneys worth for a change with this movie. I saw it twice. Pure entertainment. It is comic book style. Of course this movie was not going to break literary ground. O took my kids and wife to this movie and we laughed the whole way home. What more can you expect from a piece of fiction?
  6. STS
    Jun 11, 2012
    I'm not a big fan of comic books and have never read any of the Avengers comics, or anything by Marvel actually. All that aside, this is a great film that has plenty of action and humour. I thought all the main actors did a good job with what time they had on screen, but obviously with so many characters some get less screen time and therefore less development. But I didn't feel bringing the different characters from their own respective films felt forced at all! My personal favourite is probably Captain America which is a total surprise - but Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man is also brilliant. Even more of a surprise, this film made me like the Hulk!! Saw it twice, and hope Marvel Studios will keep making more of these, with quality writers and directors! Expand
  7. Jul 3, 2012
    Where are the attractive actresses? Are they all locked in rich peoples basements? Why can't an attractive female be in movies? Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  8. Jun 21, 2012
    Here are 5 reasons why this movie wasn't as good as it could have been:
    1.The actor playing the villain was too weak for the rest of the cast of characters.
    2. Too much of the movie takes place on a Plane
    3. That's 3 strikes now for casting a decent HULK actor, or even scripting a good HULK storyline
    4. Robert Downey Jr.'s shtick is getting tired and repetitive (see: every movie he
    makes)
    5. Thor is a super-powerful God, what is it that the other characters have to offer? (maybe they are the distractions)
  9. Jul 9, 2012
    5 out of 10, even though that's going against the general opinion of the public. It was a really good movie, but it was still a Superhero movie that comes at the tail end of an ongoing fad in Hollywood. I enjoyed it, so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. It just needed to step up it's game in order to compete with some of the other movies that are circulating out there. A lot of people loved it, but I'm not a lot of people. It had it's moments of well done special effects, humor, and dialogue. I was hoping for better, but it didn't meet my expectations. Expand
  10. Jul 12, 2012
    This movie was very tasteless. There was not much of a story and when it started getting good it went right back down. I think it is just too many superheros for one movie. Many questions that came up for the things that just made nosense.
  11. Jul 21, 2012
    Ok. Firstly, I've got to say that I had a good time watching The Avengers. There were some interesting moments and liners that even I still remember up to now. Robert Downey Jr. did well as Tony Stark/Ironman and I seriously can't imagine that character is played by another actor. Mark Ruffalo also stole the show. From the beginning until some moments before the ending you could witness how tense he was. He seemed to think that as if he was a nuke that could just blow out at anytime. In short, in term of the characters, I think that there was no flaws at all. The characters were delivered superbly.
    However, just like most superhero movies, I found out that I actually don't care about the faith of each character. I had already known that every single main character would survive the day even before I started watching it. As a result, I felt no personal feelings toward the characters. I wasn't afraid that by the end of the movie Ironman would probably die nor I couldn't care less about Hawkeye and Black Widow's relationship. Apart from Bruce Banner character, I felt that I wasn't attached to the characters. They were all flat. And the way I see it, there is always a minus point in watching a movie that you know that the major characters will just survive: There is no tension. I ain't commenting on the story since this movie is not for the hardcore audience;this one is aimed into family teritory. Thus, the flaws in the story and the 'too-much-focus-on-the-effects-is all fine.
    I recommend this movie to those who want to have a good time. Prepare some food and watch it with your family. You'll surely have a good time.
  12. Jul 21, 2012
    Explosions and gags... Wrestlemania is better in this fields... Avengers is the worst movie of superheros of the history, because dont have story. Only Downey Jr. brings some emocion, all the rest are littles and poors.
  13. Jul 21, 2012
    The story was horrid in this movie, it felt very lazy. There was never any inclination that the good guys could lose, or even injured; it made for a very flat, anticlimactic story. That's my biggest gripe, but not my only one. Even knowing the backstory of all the characters from previous movies, I just really didn't care about any of them in this one. The characters were written poorly and it was just compounded by the bad acting. Every scene that had Scarlett Johanson in it was painful to watch. The only character I was even remotely interested in was Bruce Banner / Hulk. This would be a great movie to take an 8 year old to. They would have no problem glazing over the shallow characters and lethargic plot. Expand
  14. Jul 25, 2012
    Avengers is for dumb people, or those that want to be entertained by a bunch of nonsense. We should ask more from Hollywood then the same retreads just on a larger scale.
  15. Jul 27, 2012
    The best superhero movie ever? Not even close. Do NOT believe the hype with this film, it is simply a lot of hot air. Poor acting - check - there are a few brief moments mainly by Eric Banner
    Poorly paced - check - unbelievably clunky beginning then into CGI battle after CGI battle - yawn.
    Poor dialogue - check - this is my biggest annoyance. Whedon is meant to be great at dialogue.
    Where did it go so wrong here? Well this little line sums it up - whats the plan of attack? i have a plan. attack. Yeah its that cheesy. Some people are trying to defend the title of it being a mindless popcorn flick by trying to see things that are not there. This happens in any film where it really is as shallow as it looks. There are some nice glances between characters but it is all so contrived and unrealistic its hard to feel anything for it. When the characters are over being spoilt brats there is the coming together period which is meant to be one of the key character moments in an otherwise disappointing display. It's fair to say it falls short, again feeling contrived and unconvincing. DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE - this film is poor, at absolute best its around 4/10. I am giving it a 1/10 for a number of reasons. 1 - the number of 10/10 is ridiculous not many films deserve 10/10 and this film certainly does not. 2 - the hype lead me to believe this film would be incredible, its not, this caused great disappointment for me. As other top critics have said this film is shallow and a fun popcorn flick. If you like comic books then its almost certainly for you. If however you like intelligent film making with well developed characters which is well paced - go watch something else. Expand
  16. Aug 14, 2012
    fun, enjoyable and entertaining. Do I have to say any more?
    If you are willing to see an amusing movie, you won't regret seeing The Avengers, and thats it, The Avengers is an awesome movie.
  17. D__
    Aug 27, 2012
    Very good action sequences and had more character development than the previous installments...
    However of all the recent, undeserved films getting a 2 pt. treatment this feels like one that definitely deserved it and would have been very beneficial.
    I felt as if they started to develop a plot - about the team being manipulated - then left it.
    Maybe in the sequel.
  18. Sep 11, 2012
    Ok, the start was really slow and boring for me, some part were good, the acting was good, but it's just the actors seemed to made me board in this film but i did like them when they were in there own movies, most of the movie is on a ship, they is not much set changes in this film, the actor who plays the hulk was replaced by a bad actor. just this movie was very bad, i watched it like 10 times and as much as I've tried to like it i just don't like it Expand
  19. Dec 5, 2012
    I loved this movie! I saw it 3 times in theaters and I'm not ashamed to admit that. The reason I liked this film so much was because it was everything it could and should have been; for a blockbuster, that's a mighty accomplishment...(Full Review Later)...
  20. Jul 12, 2013
    Avengers is a great superhero flick combining the efforts of a number of superhero films and putting the leading starts together. It's slow paced at times, and rather long, but this is definitely made up for when it comes to the Action scenes, in particular towards the end. I'm still not a big Iron Man fan but he's bareable in this, but everyone else is pretty likable and they all do a great job. Overall it's clearly one for the fans but I'm not a major superhero lover and I enjoyed it too! Expand
  21. Dec 31, 2012
    great fun must watch movie for all those who likes super heroes.Incredible way to accommodate 6 heroes in a single movie although character of Tony and Hulk was overshadowing but thats the way it is..
  22. Mar 8, 2013
    A horrible movie, definitely did not deserve the money it made. I can't think of a lot of things that I actually liked about the movie, because there really aren't a lot. I was actually surprised at the story of the movie, it sounds like a mentally challenged child wrote it. The first ten minutes of the movie alone ruined it, it's just a horrible story that only idiots would like. The entire movie is pretty much just special effects and not much else. Unless you're one of those morons whose easily amused by the pretty lights on the screen, don't ever watch this movie. Expand
  23. Jan 6, 2013
    This movie was just bad. I love Joss Whedon but he needs a guy sitting over him while he is writing to tell him his jokes aren't funny. They chose the storyline that doesn't connect with the others on the least likeable character. All the other avengers are really good at something or science gave them powers but Thor is just a heavy handed dueche that has powers because of the cop out that he is a god. There were redeeming factors due to the Sp. Effects and Scarlett Johanson's butt. Expand
  24. Dec 13, 2013
    It has to be pretty hard to do a movie with all these super heroes together and not do a horrible movie. So if only because it´s not a disaster by any means I give it a pass with a score of 5 out of 10. Apart from that the movie is not impacting or emotional or emotive or anything. It just keep you entertained while it lasts. But you quickly forget about it the moment it is over. Not impressive at all. Batman or Spiderman movies have so much more emotional content and lasting impact, just to give two examples. The thing that should be unquestionable is the great visual effects, but even that becomes not that impressive only a year later, when we had in 2013 several blockbusters doing it better and bigger, especially Star Trek into Darkness and Man of Steel (the most epic action in a super hero movie to date). Not even the score is especially good or something like in Nolan´s Batman or Man of Steel cases. Really forgettable no matter how much money it did thanks to the normal publicity generated by putting all these super heros together. Expand
  25. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.2] It's by far the best Marvel movie since the original Iron Man movie, and just as much fun. Colorful characters, a likable cast, and outstanding production. There's not much I don't like about this movie.
  26. Mar 16, 2013
    It is one of 2012 best movies. It is suitable for just any age. Iron man, Hulk, Captain America etc... are awesome. I just don't know why did critics gave it 60 while it has a score of 92 on rotten tomatoes and it deserves 92. Buy it on DVD or wait until its TV release. Recommended for anyone.
  27. Mar 23, 2013
    A popcorn movie that gets everything a popcorn movie needs right. It's got the special effects, cheesy dialogue and like-able characters, but it does it all effortlessly and is one of the best superhero movies to date.
  28. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a fantastically made movie, with incredible acting and visuals. The dialogue is great, humorous and is almost ripped from the comics! (with the exception of Hawkeye) However when you look at the film from a normal viewers perspective, it's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, seriously the climax is very similar but in this you'll actually care! Worth a watch, will definitely not disappoint but it's no magnum opus. Expand
  29. May 27, 2013
    I don't like all characters, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and antagonist. Their weaon, costume, armor is very unattractive. I don't like superhero movies. They are invincible, they always win easily. That is why I love protagonist from horror movies or mafia movie, the protagonist dies or survive. Protagonist who try to survive with kitchen knife, axe, or pistol with 3 bullets, like Erin from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Expand
  30. Nov 27, 2013
    He did not like much. I expected much better. The film was highly overrated, no epic, no emotion, nothing was a cinch. People are very rare, then criticize the serious films like Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises, the truth is that this is awesome.
  31. Jul 4, 2013
    Walking out of the movie theater, all I could say was "Wow." With enough spectacle and a great story line, this is one of Marvel's greatest films to date. "The Avengers" is humorous, inventive, and uses all of the superheroes in the Avengers to creative a witty tale that uses top notch actors to deliver.
  32. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are familiar with Whedon's stuff, then you know what to expect from this film.
    The first part of the film involves the interaction of these superhero characters: for those who have not seen the previous related films (Thor, Captain America, the Hulk and Iron Man films) this serves as an introduction to these characters, as well as insight into other lesser known heroes. For the rest of us it's a fun clash, filled with great one-liners and show of power as one tries to outdo the other. Even though this takes up half of the film it is done in a fast-paced action-filled manner that is not only far from boring (even to those of us familiar with the characters) but insightful (and funny did I mention the film is funny?).
    The second part of the film sees these characters come together to fight the common enemy. As unlikely as it seems, they find a way to not only support each other but also to acknowledge each others worth. The film manages to get all the characters have their time to shine and prove that they are indispensable to the team, which is no mean feat seeing as there are so many of them.
    The action scenes are plentiful, grand and clean, meaning that there is no wibbly-wobbly camera work or annoying quick-action blink-and-you'll-miss-it garbage.
    The plot has a few holes in it examples in the bracket following warning! spoiler alert within the brackets!
    (we hear Loki has killed at least 80 people and the Avengers continue to bicker, however when one agent dies they decide to put their differences aside?! The Hulk appears and tries to kill Black Widow, but when Toni Stark calls on him to return he is one of the Avengers?! Maybe there where explanations but I either missed them or found them a bit too thin).
    Having said that, the characters where engaging, the action plentiful and the humour marvelous so as to allow me to let such plot-holes slide. Did I mention that I really loved the humour in this film?

The acting wasn't exactly oscar-worthy (but then again neither is that of some recent oscar-winners) however it is enough to make them as believable as any comic-book character can get. The exception here is Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner/Hulk. Exceptional work, giving a quiet-storm-like quality to Bruce Banner and all the intensity needed for the Hulk.

The 3D was a bit disappointing I expected more in-your-face, duck-to-get-outta-the-way imagery, but then again maybe that was intentional, making it sure I didn't miss a scene.

Overall, a fun (did I mention how funny the film was?) action-packed film, over 2 hours long and I didn't even notice! Well worth seeing!
  33. Jul 24, 2013
    This movie is brilliant from start to finish.The villan is perfect but so are the superheroes. The last battle is entertaining as well as enthralling.
  34. Jul 28, 2013
    Melhor filme de super-heróis/ação de todos os tempos, sem sombra de dúvida e esse filme não tem como enjoar já assisti ele 3 vezes seguidas sem cansar, sempre que não tenho nada pra fazer vejo ele, já vi mais vezes do que consigo contar e ainda vejo.
  35. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was absolutely incredible, it had the right amount of explosive action, it was hysterical, everything the perfect superhero movie movie needs and what superhero fans want and then some times six. The Avengers in one word was simply "marvel"ous!
  36. Aug 24, 2013
    Enough action to go with the plot, which is remarkably sensible and it's pacing get's to the main point quickly. The depth of each characters personalities (especially those of Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr.) interrelate to create this energetic tone to the film. It's and eye popping extravaganza.
  37. Aug 22, 2013
    Man, where to begin...this is one of my favorite movies of the last 12 years. This movie exceeded my expectations. The cast could not have been picked better. RDJ did a phenomenal job as Tony Stark as he always does, Chris Evans redeemed himself from the Fantastic Four with Captain America and came back with a vengeance here. Chris Hemsworth, well done. Jeremy Renner, didn't know him until this movie. Damn. And what can I say about Mark Ruffalo? Best damn Bruce Banner portrayal since Lou Ferigno. WELL done! The plot was fluid, it made sense, it was engaging, gripping and didn't lose my attention at all. The fact that they connected every movie before it together to make this: Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk. Amazing idea and it worked perfectly. This is as close to a perfect Marvel action film as there can be. Expand
  38. Nov 18, 2013
    I expected MUCH more from this movie, I could see a story in this film that really convinced me. I saw more special effects. El personaje de Iron Man, solo arrogancia, no se como les gusta a muchos, una mierda de pelicula
  39. Oct 19, 2013
    I hate how marvel shows their heroes today, very violent and taking so many lives. they are too brutal and it's hard to view them as heroes especially when a huge part of marvel's fan base are children. They are viewed as gods and its ridiculous that they just take a life at will. Another thing that I hate is marvel is just being a copycat with this movie. With Loki purposely getting captured like the joker in the dark knight then destroying the air base from within just like how joker destroyed the police station. Another thing is the whole destroy the mothership and kill the whole army this is copied from Battle L.A. And Star Wars the phantom menace. Marvel is just a mediocre copycat company. They should be more original with the wonderful characters that they have. Expand
  40. Nov 29, 2013
    The truth is that neither film excited me at any time, lacks epic, awesome and it was very overrated. The truth donot like people I went crazy for this movie.
  41. Dec 7, 2013
    I had never thought that I would see this kind of movie-franchise team up, and I have to congratulate Marvel for doing something that is now being copied by Sony and Fox (with their Spiderman and X-Men franchises). I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? What? Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. The car chase in the beginning is boring. I personally think it's overrated. I liked Loki, but he and his army seem pretty weak. I just didn't enjoy this movie. HowevervI like the action.

Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

(P.S, you may have seen this review by me under "andrewgarcia 732". I can't get into my old account and have started new one.

As always, If you liked or didn't like this review, you can read my other ones and mark this review as helpful.)
  42. Apr 19, 2014
    I'll be the fist to admit that the plot was a little weak BUT! This is a fanboys wet dream. What I've been waiting years to witness! As a proud Marvel comics nerd, I never had any doubt in my mind about this one. Ever since Marvel Studios began it's journey making films in house, which started with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, it has been nothing but great. The room for creative writing and directing is limitless. Mark Ruffalo delivers the best portrayal of Bruce Banner/ Hulk on film, PERIOD! The balanced screen time each of these crucial characters receives is flawlessly pulled off by Joss Whedon! What Marvel Studios has done with the cinematic universe has forever changed the course of film and has raised the bar pretty dang high. (Take note, Fox and WB/DC) There are enough laughs, action and emotional moments that will satisfy the casual moviegoers and fanboys alike. Expand
  43. DME
    May 14, 2012
    Full of great action and humor. It keeps a good balance on every hero and doesn't favor any over another. From start to finish it's quite simply an awesome movie, maybe even the greatest superhero movie of all-time. The Avengers is spectacular.
  44. Jan 5, 2013
    Got to be the best movie i saw in 2012. Great cast a very simplistic but decent story and some good dialogue. One of the things i like about this film and it gets so right is a GREAT final battle in the last 45 minutes which just looks amazing. alot of theese comic book movie films have theese crap 1-2 minute ones that are just so lame and anticlimactic that it almost makes the movie feel like a waste. The one problem is though you have a great team of super heroes fighting one guy names loki and his army of Alien things. would have been so much cooler if it was a team of villians. Oh well for Avengers 2 then hopefully. Other then that don't waste your time seeing this in 3D . This was my first 3D movie i rented for my 3D TV and the 3D just felt tacked on outside of a few moments when it looked cool. Avengers in the end has to be the best Comic book to movie out there so far. Expand
  45. May 4, 2012
    A dream come true. Good actor's performances, and a perfect mix of action and comedy make this film what every passionate about comics wanted. Best Marvel Movie
  46. May 6, 2012
    Anyone who doesn't like this movie needs to get their head out from between their cheeks and re-evaluate their life.
  47. May 7, 2012
    Like any great theme park ride, the Avengers blows your mind through its sheer force of movement but also offers just enough clever personality to make the experience memorable rather than numbing. Some of the critics seem wary of the movie as indicating a vacuous culture: all style and no substance, so to speak. Well, if you are of the persuasion that not every movie has to deeply probe the heart of humanity (or, if you are of my persuasion that this moral investigation is not really done best by a movie, anyway), and you like to be impressed by fantastic worlds brought to life in an awesome way, then go see this movie and don't feel guilty one bit. If, on the other hand, you demand that your roller coaster put some aspect of human life under a microscope, then go try to read Tolstoy through a corkscrew. Expand
  48. Nov 7, 2012
    I was exhausted at the end of this movie. The Avengers is a nonstop high speed roller coaster ride. I must admit I was never a fan of the comic book which always kind of read like the comics version of the Allstar game and their are some cheesy moments like Iron Mans AC-DC theme music (we get it already). Whedon somehow turns the swashbuckling superhero movie into a brutal gritty slugfest. At the end you feel as beat up as the combatants. Well done. Expand
  49. May 7, 2012
    Not much I can add to the hundreds of great reviews. I don't think there's anything that could improve on the movie--everything good was already tossed in! THIS is how superhero movies should be. Consider the bar raised. Not a lot mentioning the SHIELD agents so let me just say, Officer Hill is smokin!
  50. May 21, 2012
    I liked it a lot. My wife found it to be a bit slow at the beginning, and I could totally see that for someone who is not a big fan of the genre. To me it was just the prerequisite build up to the action that did not disappoint. The story can be criticized for its lack of depth, but lets face it, you are not going to "The Avengers" to quibble over the story. The Hulk took a while to make an entrance, but when he did, I found him to be the best part of the movie. Overall, this was a great movie. Anyone who complains is either not a fan, or just one of those internet contrarians who find it fashionable to hate things others like. Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    I'll keep this short and to the point. This movie is gratuitous fun. ...lot's of action, great special effects, a ridiculous plot, and some laughs. I am one of those people who hates when a movie doesn't take me seriously, especially when it's pretending to. This one doesn't pretend to, and was entertaining. This is one extreme of what the cinema was created for, and shame on you for feeling bad about yourself for enjoying it. Expand
  52. Jun 4, 2012
    Was almost certainly going to struggle to live up to the hype that's surrounded it, but this was great fun, if a little slow to start. There were a couple of plot points I didn't quite get, but well worth seeing.
  53. May 31, 2012
    The Avengers is the best superhero movie ever made. It is that simple and I have a guilty pleasure for the genre. I was a little annoyed when I got the forced set ups of this movie in Iron Man, Thor and Captain America but now I appreciate them. I even see an uncredited Hawk in a scene in Thor now. Awesome special effects, though this does not have to be seen in 3D. It's fine without 3D. If you like comics or action movies, you will like this. Not every popular movie is bad. Expand
  54. May 12, 2012
    It lived up to the hype! Its still just a comic book action hero movie which is to say "shallow action flick" but I have to give it props for doing it extremely well. I, along with most of the other movie goers in our theater had several laugh out loud moments thanks to M.D. Jr.. The special effects were spectacular. I saw it in 3-D which is never my preference. It didn't feel contrived to exploit the 3-D effects, it just amplified the experience.
    Take the kids but leave the wife at home she'll hate it.
  55. May 22, 2012
    Would I rather a return to the great action adventures of decades ago based on semi original concepts? Of course. But I'll take this over the mindless crap thats out there right now any day. Avengers is funnier than literally every comedy Hollywood farts out these days then add a few insightful character scenes and some cool if not breezy action sequences. Really my only gripe here is how undramatic this thing was. Theres just nothing at stake. Sure the whole world is being fought for but we know who wins. Thor takes a thumb tack to the side. Everyone else comes out the war unscratched and they all eat some shwarma. I guess its more of a comedy than I even thought. Expand
  56. May 12, 2012
    @Ben_Otter Green Lantern and Superman are DC characters so no they wouldn't be in a Marvel movie you moron! Anyway this movie was pretty good. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but I'd definitely recommend it.
  57. May 8, 2012
    The Avengers is the best Superhero movie Ive had the pleasure to watch. IT has an amazing cast, amazing effects, decent story, and best of all, it stays true to the comic books, for which it was inspired by. We dont have Whedon changing major back stories from the original comics, instead we get a homage. Ive gone to watch it twice already, and the people that ive gone to watch it with are no "Marvel fans" yet they enjoyed the crap out of it. Watching a movie like this with a big crowd is actually good, because everyone cheers and laughs at all the amazing moments that happen through out. If you have a sense of humor, you will love this movie. Expand
  58. Aug 30, 2012
    Very good movie.
    Cons: The flying fortress should be what it's name says, a FORTRESS which is impregnable!!! That said, it did not shoot a single round in a whole movie AND they let a rouge aircraft approach it (radar anyone, code 7 alert?), shoot at it and blow it's engine!!!
  59. May 25, 2012
    The Avengers is one of the best Action films of all time. The story is solid, with a healthy mix of action and humor. The only people who wouldn't like this are people who don't like outrageous mindless action on the screen. The thing with action movies is, you go to see just that, and adding a solid, yet not over the top story with GREAT characters only makes the package even more complete. Humor tends to fill most of the gaps where action doesn't exist, and this film is worth your time if you're even remotely a fan of action films. Only thing I felt was off about the movie was the fact that some of the scenes didn't make enough sense in transition from one to the other (one of them quite blatant, you would probably recognize it after you watched it), easily to overlook though. Watch this movie, just do it! Expand
  60. May 7, 2012
    I saw the Avengers at midnight in regular format, and thought it was excellent. After leaving the theater, I thought to myself "It must be awesome in 3D". So I saw it in 3D two days later, and thought it was fantastic. I would actually consider seeing it in 3D again. It is one of the best post-production 3D conversions I've ever seen. But even when not focusing on the 3D, this film has great replay value. The film itself was just as good, and possibly better, the second time around. The storyline may be a bit simplistic, and it may be a bit overlong for some, but these are only a small quarrels. The action is absolutely incredible, the acting is very good across the board, and the humor is actually funny. For all of you Transformers fans out there, go see this movie, and see if you'll want to watch another Transformers movie again. In comparison to those films, the Avengers does everything better. Take my word for it, and see the Avengers in 3D. It is an extremely entertainng experience. Expand
  61. May 9, 2012
    When the world is threatened with domination from beyond, a slew of Marvel superheroes (Iron Man, Hulk, Capt. America, Thor and more) is brought together to save the day. Before that can happen, we get some internal conflict and snappy dialogue by writer/director Joss Whedon. Finally, comes the big, noisy, kinda silly showdown: implausible on so many levels. Luckily, the cast is full of quality actors, so most of the interaction works. This is a classic big-budget summer flick with spectacular scenarios and flashy effects. Not the best, but not the worst. NOTE: There are 2 post-credit scenes, so stay till the end for your money's worth. Expand
  62. May 26, 2012
    The best Marvel film so far. great action and funny. They are doing a great job with The Hulk bringing him into the fold as a real super hero rather then just running amuck.
  63. May 6, 2012
    One of the few movies that lives up to the hype and actually manages to exceed it in almost every way. All the actors deserve major props. RDJ continues to make tony stark a compelling character. Cap and Thor both do great with their roles. Scarlett Johansson has never impressed me with her acting chops (she has in other ways though), but she does a great job with the character she is given. Jeremy Renner is unsurprisingly badass as Hawkeye as well. Tom Hiddleston plays the slimy bastard that is Loki so well that it makes sense a team of heroes would be necessary. The scene stealer is the Hulk, whether he is "the other guy" or not. Awesome job by Mark Ruffalo and unexpected by me and many others for sure. However, the biggest reason the movie works is because of Joss Whedon. Never seen much of his work but he really shows his skill with dialogue, jokes, character arcs, and especially female characters. The action was the best I have ever seen. Imagine Transformers if it had characters you care about and a story that made sense. The acting and action were probably expected by all of us, but my worries were with the pacing and how all of the characters would get their due. The pacing was perfect and I wouldnt have complained if the movie was 3 hours long. Whedon confirmed there are 30 minutes of deleted scenes, I hope he changes his mind and one day releases the 3 hour film. As for the characters, they physically fight only within the confines of the story. I was nervous their interactions would be forced, but Whedon does a great job of keeping them related to the story. The comedy in Iron Man 2 really threw off the serious aspects of the story, but somehow the comedy flows within the story so that when the story is serious, you feel that as well. Not an easy achievement by any means. While TDKR will certainly be the better overall film (at least it looks that way), The Avengers is the more fun film and a film that you will never get sick of. What a great summer for comic book fans, and movie fans in general. Chances are you have seen The Avengers (just broke all time domestic record), so nothing i say will matter anyway. An instant classic and one of my favorites. Expand
  64. May 15, 2012
    I would not bother seeing the 3D version of the movie since the 3D aspect was added later and not very well. That being said, this is an amazing movie and I can't wait to see it again. Just don't pay extra for mediocre 3D.
  65. Sep 29, 2012
    A great movie, which knows what it is and what it wants to accomplish. Though the plot was pretty simple and very straight forward (aliens comes in, humans kick their asses) but the thing that made it work is that the plot was very close to the comic books (which exactly what this movie achieved) and the fact that characters were polished and three dimensional.
    The visuals and the art
    direction was very enjoyable and an amazing food for imagination. Action was breath taking and at parts very inventive. The antagonist of the film Loki was intimidating and interesting.
    Overall, great story, great script, great characters, great visuals and action. This movie achieved almost everything it wanted - a good comic book movie about the Avengers. Check it out
  66. May 10, 2012
    Great script, great laughs, great action, and of course, great super heroes. If you like anything about Marvel, then this movie is a must see. It will have you dreaming about super heroes again.
  67. Sep 7, 2012
    Excellent film, perfect in every way for me. It is definitely as cool as you think it's going to be seeing as Joss Whedon has an obvious love for all of these characters and a understanding of what each of them special. It's a long old movie too, around 2.30 hours which gives you plenty of story but also plenty of action. The action is very special too, amazing effects and an inventive way of displaying the action. The characters are fleshed out as much as they need to be, but the main focus here is action action action, lovely. Whedon's probably the best thing about Hollywood at the moment. Expand
  68. May 5, 2012
    It did not help that the trailers spoiled several moments which really were great, but the start and middle were pretty plodding: we've had Captain America, Thor and 2 Iron Mans so we really did not need so much "assembly" time. Only the final scenes matched up to my expectations after reading so much ridiculous hype (and seeing the aformentioned trailers).

The Hulk's line is wonderful,
    but poorly delivered and 2 of the people who saw the film with me did not even catch it as a result.

There's also a lot of exposition completely missing: why was the Hulk a self-confessed untamed monster who actually tries to kill Black Widow but the NEXT time he "comes out" he's transformed into an entirely willing ally? Not just willing but intelligent enough to follow "orders" and constantly put himself in the right place at the right time ...
    There's nothing close to a hint as to why.
  69. May 6, 2012
    It was pretty damn good, haha. I didn't walk in expecting a good movie honestly, I thought it would be an over the top silly... I don't know. All I know is it was a great movie.
  70. Jul 20, 2012
    A very fun film, I enjoyed it a LOT. I can't express in words how fun it was. It's great, not much to really say... ummm except that maybe it will be pretty outdated in 20 years... This is the Batman 89 of Marvel. It's a very conventional team action movie but a very well made film as well.

★ ★ ★ ★ (was originally gonna post 3.5/5 but I really liked this film
    soo..... 4/5 for me :D) Expand
  71. Jun 6, 2012
    This movie wasn´t of my totally pleasantness, fools jokes, boring and spent history, but i wasn't like! i don't like! is a stupid movie. I only save the special effects
  72. May 11, 2012
    Absolutely my favorite movie. Heh hulk is so funny lol. MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! i like the attitude that tony stark has is so funny, and captain america is so cool
  73. May 4, 2012
    The best Avengers film that could have been made. Funny and fun, the characters pop like a comic book character on-screen should. Hoping for future installments of similar quality.
  74. Jun 2, 2012
    After finally watching The Avengers I can report that its brilliant. It lives up to the hype and then some. Even the dialogue scenes are fun with great comedy that actually suits the characters. There is real emotion to the story, the action scenes are brilliant and I thought the 3D worked well. Show stealer for me had to be "The Hulk" with some great scenes and even a true LMAO one liner. A must see movie, but I think you need to see all the other Marvel movies first to truely appreciate this. Expand
  75. May 24, 2012
    Why THE AVENGERS could easily become a huge success? I think even some of you could answer thiz question. Thiz movie is the culmination of Marvel hard work over the past couple of years. The lucky guy who was appointed to direct thiz movie is Joss Whedon. The director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) initiates the Avengers initiative by assembling all the super humans to save the world from the powerful evil Loki (Tom Hiddleston). The storyline is not as dynamic as I think it is, there was a time when the story is stuck and filled with unnecessary dialogue. The power of thiz movie obviously lies in its character interactions. Nick Fury is originally written as a white guy in the comic book but Samuel L. Jackson confidently steps in to play thiz character. Thiz is not the first time thiz has happened. It reminds me when Michael Clarke Duncan portrayed the overweight crime boss Kingpin in Ben Affleck DAREDEVIL (2003) and I am also so excited to see Laurence Fishburne as Clark Kent boss Perry White in upcoming Superman MAN OF STEEL (2013). However, in thiz case, I did not see Samuel L. Jackson became Nick Fury, instead it was Nick Fury became Samuel L. Jackson. But in the end, it was totally acceptable. Samuel L. Jackson is able to present a precise leadership aura to his Nick Fury character. Once again, I have to remind you, what made thiz movie so interesting is when these superheroes gather around and interact with each other. We can see The Duo Chris, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth who successfully demonstrate their muscular bodies, just like in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER (2011) and THOR (2011). Thiz is how superheroes should look like! The brand new figures in thiz movie are the master archer Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and the elegant Agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders who is widely known in HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER {2005-present}). The other figures who have been introduced since IRON MAN 2 are the loyal Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and the sexy heroine Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson). Surprisingly, Scarlett Johansson has a fairly large part in thiz movie. Wait a minute, on second thought, if you have Scar Jo in tight sexy latex suit, of course you will exploit it more. If we are talking about Iron Man, thiz is also one of the most interesting parts. It looks like Robert Downey Jr. have already fused into thiz Tony Stark character so deep, he can represent thiz self-centered character very well without any problem. But in thiz movie, the one who really becomes a scene stealer is the giant green rage monster named Hulk! Once again, it was the Hulk character, not exactly Dr. Bruce Banner or Mark Ruffalo but it was all of them in one. Some fresh and funny moments are obviously when Hulk is around. The most unfortunate thing is that they did not bring up the original founding team such as Ant-Man and The Wasp into the movie. In the end, I confidently can say Marvel Comics seems to be one step ahead from its competitor DC Comics so far. Recently, thiz movie has ruled the box office chart and it turns out to be the earth mightiest blockbuster movie. You know what that means, right? Oh yeah, the next Avengers movie will be coming soon. Maybe next time Marvel Studios will enrich their universe with the presence of other superheroes like Quicksilver, Black Panther, Vision, Doctor Strange, She-Hulk, Wolverine, even Spider-Man. Are you ready for another one?

Visit My Blog on JONNY MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  76. Aug 19, 2012
    THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME! Great story, action, drama, I was engrossed from the beginning to the end! It had some great comedy in it and RDJ was in pure form. I'm glad I paid to see this one!
  77. May 28, 2012
    There was nothing in this movie that I didn't like, from beginning to ending. If you're a fan of Marvel movies, you will not be disappointed. You can definitely trust the USER'S review average on this one! The only minor remark I have is that I saw it in 3D, and I think at times it was pretty dark. I would've preferred the 2D, but it was not available in cinemas near me.
  78. May 8, 2012
    Lives up to its hype? Maybe but my expectation is broke. I don't know, maybe it's difficult to these superheroes join as a team. But they're not even a team, they're time bomb. Intriguing dialogue, funny and big boom explosion, it's not best comic book movie but Joss Wheddon succeed bringing Marvel's most ambitious project so far. I don't understand what Loki's motive, even on Thor, I expect more reliable and crazier character like Ledger's Joker. Anyway, we want sequel. Expand
  79. Jan 3, 2014
    this film just works. each marvel hero is woven into the story seamlessly, and the script sparkles with their interplay. it is essentially a classic comic book movie so the story doesn't really hold up, but hell, it's damn entertaining and has some very funny moments.
  80. Jul 3, 2012
    Josh Whedon brought out the best in every character. Sharing the screen time between the group of heroes and playing them off each other with a master's touch. There were no wasted moments are dead-end story threads as found in most comic movies. The villains and threat lived up to the use of the group of heroes. They all got their time in the spotlight. This is the best Marvel film to date, and by far the best use of the Hulk. Expand
  81. Jan 17, 2013
    I obviously don't hold the popular opinion here, but to me this movie just didn't measure up. I've seen both Iron Man movies, Captain America, and many of the past Marvel movies including characters featured in this film, and I thought most if not all of them were better than this one. Maybe it's just that I've outgrown the more playful and mindlessly violent tone of these types of movies, but to me the movie just felt childish and simplistic. I realize that in a way, it's a great triumph seeing this crazy symphony of classic Marvel characters clashing with enemies and sometimes themselves, which in a way makes it the perfect superhero movie, but it just doesn't seem to create the same type of captivation one would expect from such an ordeal. It just feels goofy and undeveloped in a sense, unfortunately. Expand
  82. May 11, 2012
    After setting it up with multiple films about how the individual characters gained their super powers, The Avengers finally brings together all of the heroes in one story to either work together as team to defend Earth or fight amongst each other aided by their massive egos and verbal bravado. Perhaps never before in cinema history have there been so many movies released as prequels to set up the eventual crown jewel. Batman and Superman only met in the comics, not on the big screen. The Avengers appears to be sort of a test case to see if so many leading superheroes can all share the same screen.

While all six characters each receive a certain amount of on screen time and side story, some are pushed more into the foreground than others. As Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) is a fan favorite and is always handy with a funny quip, he is front and center along with Captain America (Chris Evans) who even though does not have much of a super power, places himself in a sort of leadership role within the group. Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), and the two characters that did not get their own films, Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) all fight for the leftover screen time in the background. The puppet master is Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) who spends most of his effort in sheep dog mode herding these guys from their billion dollar towers or their self-imposed exile.

So what possible threat is great enough to require the efforts of six superheroes? Eh, itâ
  83. May 11, 2012
    Everyone has been saying that this is the best superhero movie ever and maybe the best movie ever. It's definitely not the best MOVIE ever, but it does contend to be the best superhero movie. I can't give it a 10 because it didn't finish, obviously there's another one coming and it did have a few things I would change. I wish that there would have been more enemies that weren't just random creatures.

But the movie was great, with great action scenes and good dialog and was very funny at times. I would give it an 8.5 if I could, but I cant and I won't go down to an 8, so it gets a 9.
  84. Jul 17, 2012
    The best super hero movie I've yet seen and a damn fine action flick with some genuine humor and touches of heart, a must see.

I can well understand the complaints as to the story it's not Shakespeare but does anyone expect it to be? It's story suits it perfectly however and had me at least wanting to see even if I already guessed what would happen next. A must see.
  85. May 7, 2012
    Come for the action, stay for the writing and cast. All of the actors deliver and have a script that's worthy of all of their talents.

Best one-liners ever
  86. May 8, 2012
    I had the great opportunity to watch this on the 2nd of May on an Imax 3D equipped cinema and my wife and me had a blast of a time. I've never seen my wife (whose never read a Marvel comic in her life) so excited throughout a movie. After the movie, she was all questions.

Joss Whedon put together a pretty difficult idea that was born with the first Iron Man. Something incredibly hard to
    pull off and some say too bloody expensive to make.

I think Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo stole the show and I can't wait to see Mr. Ruffalo in the next Hulk movie. Suffice to say, go watch The Avengers, it's the best Summer Block buster ride till Mr. Brooding Knight Rises.

2012...It's a great time to be a comic geek!
  87. May 11, 2012
    What's not to like? Pick your favorite superhero and you'll probably find him/her/it in this film (sorry Spiderman, but you have another film coming up). Great humor. Super effects. Robert Downey, Jr. steals the show - not easy to do next to the Hulk - and his humor is so off the cuff that I wonder if he wrote much of it himself. Either way? It works! It's a summer blockbuster.
  88. May 5, 2012
    Surprised and delighted at how this turned out. Not sure the 3d added anything special to the action but the action is superb and the light moments are genius. It cannot be compared to the dark knight in terms of best super hero movie ever but it's exactly what the fans wanted from this franchise.
  89. May 25, 2012
    I was looking forward to this film in a big way.Well its hard not to when your A,a comic/superhero fan, B,An action movie fan & C,Been following the buildup to this film in the form of the Iron Man,Thor,Captain America & to a lesser degree The Hulk movies.I was confident this was gonna be a good movie,because of the cast,director,the other movies & from what i saw of the movie itself during production.Well,i certainly wasnt disappointed!.. Of course it takes a while to build up to the big action,but theres plenty to keep you interested until then,from the buildup itself,to the characters & their dialog.This movie does exactly what it set out to do as far as i'm concerned,& its hard to imagine it done much better.I feel Stark/Iron Man & The Hulk Stole the show a bit(especially Iron Man).A Highly entertaining movie which i highly recommended,especially if you like your action or Superhero movies. Expand
  90. Aug 4, 2012
    Great movie, it's nice to have six movies (2 iron mans, 2 hulks, thor and capt. america) leading up to it, it will be fun to sit down and them all again , I hope Joss Whedon comes back for a couple more of these, it beats making amazing tv shows that get cancelled way to soon (looking at you fire fly, and dollhouse)
  91. Jun 24, 2013
    I watched the captain america movie.I could say that i was not impressed at all but when the movie ended there was a prety good ending and even a better ending after the credits.
    That leaded me to the the avengers.
    Then i realised that captain america was just a warm up for what to come next.
    So i fired the avengers thinking that it will be an average movie just like captain america.

The result i was just blown away.This movie is a near masterpiece.Damn black widow should have been cooler but the movie is just insane.
    I recommend it as a must see
  92. Jun 28, 2012
    The Avengers is a great film, and really shows off the iconic Marvel superhero team. It has a quite long running time which is great because it allowed more detail than if it were shorter. Aswell as the action that we all knew it would contain, the film also contained some light humour and a few dramatic scenes which made this such a good film that everyone should enjoy. In conclusion, it has got to easily be one of the best films of the year, and I am sure that other people would agree with me. Expand
  93. VDS
    May 11, 2012
    Superhero movies need two things - a decent baddie (not too camp, not too psychotic) and the film must still be watchable when the heroes are in civilian mode. Does The Avengers have both of these? Just about. The baddie, Loki from the first Thor movie, has the (Hollywood) required British accent that all baddies must have these days, and weaves carefully between camp and stabby-nasty, without straying too far into either territory, though the horned helmet was surely daft.

When the heroes aren't on screen, the movie's carried by Samuel L Jackson, Robert Downy Jr, and Chris Evans, who together manage to neutralize Scarlett Johansson's usual monotone, single expression, cardboard cut out performance. New Hulk on the block Mark Ruffalo, is probably the best Bruce Banner to date. Thor and Hawkeye make up the numbers, and though I loved the Thor/Hulk punch-up scene (comic fan boy wet dream), thought the film would haven't lacked if either Norse god or arrow slinging assassin had stayed at home. Script-wise, there were some nice touches, with Samuel L Jackson's Rick Savage (silly name) leaving one classic sentence unfinished and therefore adding to the kudos factor ten fold (you should spot it if you're paying attention). Luckily there wasn't too much of the irritating Tony Stark/Pepper Potts sniping that made Iron Man 2 so hard to bear. Chris Evans' Capt America was the biggest surprise for me. I thought in a lot of ways he was the clue that held the thing together - neither too gung-ho, too whiny and too daft, three traits that curse a lot of on screen superheroes.

The action sequences were ok, but the one at Shield headquarters felt a little contrived. The pacing also abruptly shifted down a gear about half an hour into the film, and stayed there for what felt like too long, with all the talkie bits stitched together in one long sequence. On the whole though, quite good for a superhero film, and from a box office point of view, beat that Spider-Man and Batman.
  94. Jul 4, 2012
    Probably one of THE best Marvel film out there. This film has everything a Marvel fan or any Action fan has and even more! The writing is superb and it doesn't make 1 superhero above everyone else, all of them are equal even the lesser ones like Hawkeye and Black Widow, heck even Nick Fury. Unfortunately this film is plagued with a fault every other Marvel film has; pacing. I feel that the middle-point of the film was very boring and it was just talkin and talkin also the attack on the flying ship was pretty lame too, there wasn't much spectacle except when Banner Hulks out. Which comes to my next point, holy sht the last fight is pretty intense and literally redeems all of the flaws I have with this film. So I'll give it a 9/10. If it wasn't for the epic climax I'd probably rate it a 6/10 or 7/10. Expand
  95. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Visually, the movie is a treat. And that ends to positive portion of my review. I basically agree with most of the negative reviews, but I refuse to give the movie a 1 or 2. It most certainly wasn't that bad. I just felt that I was waiting the whole film for something to bring me to the edge of my seat, and it didn't happen. The final battle scene was terrible. It went on and on and on, and got dumber and dumber as it did. It felt like it was half the movie, but after the first 2 or 3 minutes of the battle, we'd seen it all. It didn't need to drone on like a bad philosophy professor. There were two many characters for any of them to be written well. I hated the Captain America movie, but I was more interested in his character then than I was in this one. Bruce Banner was pathetic. And could someone please explain to me how Hulk suddenly could go from wanted to kill Black Widow to suddenly understanding everything? The Ironman Mark 7 bit was ridiculous, and some of the arrows that Hawkeye used were ludicrous. Yes, I am keeping in mind this was based on a comic, but come on! Expand
  96. May 8, 2012
    You couldn't ask for finer popcorn entertainment. I enjoyed this movie as will most people, especially kids. However critically speaking there is not much more to offer and the film doesn't provide any great depth for those who don't appreciate big action movies. The humorous banter between the cast of disparate characters trying to come together is clearly a strong point. The lack of development on a couple of key players detracts from an otherwise rather wonderful character-driven experience. The plot is largely derivative and predictable but as the focus is on characters it remains true to the spirit of the comic source material. The exaggerated violence while amazing and funny is, when you consider the flip-side, implausible and cartoon-like at points. Avengers is a highly enjoyable movie and a grand visual spectacle to boot but won't appeal to anyone looking for meaningful cinema. Expand
  97. Sep 1, 2012
    Joss Whedon creates a fun blockbuster with a huge ensemble cast that most directors would screw up. Not a great film but it sure is fun for it's 2 and a half hour running time.
  98. May 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *The good*: Lots of CGI.
    *The bad*: No character development. Zero. The nerds and the unimaginative among us will fall over themselves to oppose that claim, but the truth is that there is zero character development. Apparently the Avengers are a "time bomb". WTF? Why? Because of their egos? Because they, being heroes, haven't figured out how to be heroes yet, despite having their own movies where they did just that? The problem is that Joss Whedon is playing at telling a compelling "modern-day" hero story (which is all skepticism and a sense of shame regarding the past classic superhero take), but he can't actually do it. Rather than really develop characters, he opts for cheap one-liners designed to tell you that the Avengers can't get along, but he's too cowardly to show it and say why. A better film would go over why the Avengers don't get along. What happened to the characters between their own films and this one? Why are they jaded? Now, as a forgettable film, it's fine. Lots of CGI, some humour and competent direction. So why do review sites have it as 8.9 (I'm looking at you, IMDB)? How have people here managed to rate it collectively at 8.7? Why are the nerds wetting themselves over this? I have no idea. It could have been better, but instead it is... not. Hawkeye is lameness personified. Scarlett Johansson's outfit is tight but the character forgettable. Captain America is crowded out. The Hulk apparently can't control his rage (which is used against them by Loki), but then at the end he miraculously can! Thor (a demi-god) is bland and ineffective. Iron Man is **** but insubstantial. In all, the characters are very weak. Enjoy it as a popcorn (albeit $100 million+ popcorn) movie, but don't tell me that it has "developed characters" or anything of the sort, or that's it's worth anything more than a 7 out of 10.
  99. May 5, 2012
    Up to now The Avengers is the best superhero film ever made including DC Comics films. The begining is a little slow with some decent jokes and dialogs lokis army is something totaly improvised for a half normal avengers universe and half ultimate avengers universe hibrid storyline. I was specting a cameo that never happened and to talk about ant-man and wasp in these film is totaly irrelevant. the greedy bastards are gonna make tons of money with this avengers films. i dont think any of these actor are compromised with their role or even heard about it before they became thor widow Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.