7.9

1. Aug 4, 2012
    Awesome Film!!!! Held a great amount of imagination and excitement that you don't see all the time. Had a lot of laughs more than I expected for an action movie. Met higher than the expectations I had. Gathering wonderful characters and a terrific story plot.
  2. Jul 21, 2012
    Very bad movie. It's like i was watching transformers.... My favorite marvel movie is x-men first class... this avengers is not good at all. I hope iron man 3 be better!
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. load of horse **** lit on fire and put out with a hack saw ..............................****TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..............................
    ****
  4. Jul 22, 2012
    I just watched what was one of the single greatest movies I have ever seen. The Avengers is THE best superhero movie I have EVER seen. I am just stunned. That movie was SO worth the wait. "Hulk... SMASH!"

It is going to be so hard for any other movie released this summer to top The Avengers let a lone any superhero movie that will ever be released from this point on. The Avengers has completely raised the bar. That was a hell of a way to kick of The Summer Blockbuster Season Marvel! Bravo Marvel, bravo!

For those of you who have not yet seen Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger but want to go see The Avengers this weekend, you could technically see it without seing the other movies but you will just end up hurting your enjoyment of the movie. One of the best things about The Avengers is seeing all of these amazing characters, each with there own standalone film, come together in this truly epic movie. Do yourself a favor and check those 5 movies before rushing off to go see The Avengers. It will be SO worth it in the end.
  5. Sep 1, 2012
    An incredible movie.The characters are Iron Man,Hulk,Thor,Captain America,Black Widow and Nick Fury.Featuring Loki.Incredible visual effects.Good movie.I liked the journey to Germany.
  6. Aug 12, 2012
    This movie is the mix of all the hero that we like but in my opinion they focus on iron man which is good because i like the iron man and in this movie we now know about the hawk eye and other from S.H.I.E.L.D Which help those four heroes protect the earth the scene in movie that i like is the fighting scene in new york which start from black widow then moving to the iron man flying toThis movie is the mix of all the hero that we like but in my opinion they focus on iron man which is good because i like the iron man and in this movie we now know about the hawk eye and other from S.H.I.E.L.D Which help those four heroes protect the earth the scene in movie that i like is the fighting scene in new york which start from black widow then moving to the iron man flying to Captain America and then hawk eye and Hulk and Thor that really cool if we talk about Thor i want him to show more power in this movie too. He\'s god man he has a huge power to fight those Loki\'s army that all i can tell you this movie is awesome Expand
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    Style, substance, and a f**k ton of ass-slamming action, the Avengers delivers. If you don't like superhero movies, or have been let down by previous marvel/dc efforts, then you may be skeptical or biased, but the talents of Whedon and co. were truly harnessed to produce a mass amorphus of brilliance. Being a skeptic myself, and listening to mixed reviews, it look me a long time to comeStyle, substance, and a f**k ton of ass-slamming action, the Avengers delivers. If you don't like superhero movies, or have been let down by previous marvel/dc efforts, then you may be skeptical or biased, but the talents of Whedon and co. were truly harnessed to produce a mass amorphus of brilliance. Being a skeptic myself, and listening to mixed reviews, it look me a long time to come around and give this a go, but this film surpassed my low expectations and didn't just raise the bar for action, style, comedic intercession and witty screenplay, it blasted the aforementioned into the fourth dimension!! Expand
  8. Aug 14, 2012
    fun, enjoyable and entertaining. Do I have to say any more?
    If you are willing to see an amusing movie, you won't regret seeing The Avengers, and thats it, The Avengers is an awesome movie.
  9. Sep 11, 2012
    Ok, the start was really slow and boring for me, some part were good, the acting was good, but it's just the actors seemed to made me board in this film but i did like them when they were in there own movies, most of the movie is on a ship, they is not much set changes in this film, the actor who plays the hulk was replaced by a bad actor. just this movie was very bad, i watched it like 10Ok, the start was really slow and boring for me, some part were good, the acting was good, but it's just the actors seemed to made me board in this film but i did like them when they were in there own movies, most of the movie is on a ship, they is not much set changes in this film, the actor who plays the hulk was replaced by a bad actor. just this movie was very bad, i watched it like 10 times and as much as I've tried to like it i just don't like it Expand
  10. Sep 30, 2012
    I grew up reading Marvel comic books and I love the way they are being brought back to life. We need heroes in the times we have today. We do have heroes they are the men and women of The United States Armed Forces. Thank you...
    Demmi Moore said it best in one of her early films. ''They Are The Ones That Stand on The Wall to Make sure We Are Safe''.
  11. Nov 9, 2012
    Every single thing about this movie is beautiful. I have actually lost count of how many times I have seen it, and it really is that rewatchable. The acting is awesome, the writing is HILARIOUS, and the action scenes are, for lack of a better word, epic. That said, this is not a movie for those who love "serious" film. It's a lighthearted action-y superhero movie. If you go into itEvery single thing about this movie is beautiful. I have actually lost count of how many times I have seen it, and it really is that rewatchable. The acting is awesome, the writing is HILARIOUS, and the action scenes are, for lack of a better word, epic. That said, this is not a movie for those who love "serious" film. It's a lighthearted action-y superhero movie. If you go into it expecting Shakespeare, you're obviously going to come out disappointed. Things blow up. Scarlett Johansson is in a catsuit. Tony snarks. ...it's really just perfect. Expand
  12. Aug 5, 2013
    The Avengers 9/10.....................................................................................................................................
  13. Nov 24, 2012
    The Avengers is first culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and makes history as it is the first big screen film that brings together Marvel's cinematic heros and is a direct sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor. Plot: Loki (Tom Hiddleston) accquires the mysterious power of the Tesseract which is capable of possessing the humanThe Avengers is first culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and makes history as it is the first big screen film that brings together Marvel's cinematic heros and is a direct sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor. Plot: Loki (Tom Hiddleston) accquires the mysterious power of the Tesseract which is capable of possessing the human heart and almost anything else. Nick Fury, director of Shield (Samuel Jackson) brings together The Avengers for the first time in an attempt to prevent Loki from terrorizing Earth. Captain America: Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) has just been thawed out after being frozen for 67 years and has not aged but has forever lost the love of his life through time and is dedicated to the protection of his country, he plays the mature Captain of The Avengers and is the voice of reason. Iron Man: Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is a billionaire and owner of Stark Industries. After creating his new arc reactor for his heart, he has expanded its size and created Stark Tower which is a prototype to test off his most cost effiecient source of energy. He plays the comedy relief and one of the most intelligent of The Avengers. The Incredible Hulk: Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) had gone back into hiding after he aided the US army in defeating the Abomination. When he is forced to become a Shield scientist, he must learn to control his anger in order to not become a hazard. He plays the hot head, and one of the most intelligent of The Avengers. Thor(Chris Hemsworth): After destroying the rainbow bridge connecting the realm of Earth to Asgard, Odin casts dark magic in order to send Thor back to Earth in order to persuade Loki that although he will never be King or the true Odinson, he will always be part of the family. He plays the most serious Avenger for Loki is the main reason he was sent back to Earth, and the power Loki wields threatens the safety of the nine realms which is his responsibility as King of Asgard. Black Widow: Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) is an agent of Shield who is trained to be a master of disguise and flexible combat. She plays the sexy, yet troubled Avenger. Hawkeye: Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) is an agent of Shield who is trained to have perfect accuracy with his bow and arrow. Early on however, Loki possess him which makes him a part of his army. He plays the Avenger gone bad. My opinion: This is movie history in one of its finest forms. It is a must see even if you haven't seen the tie in movies which I would definintly reccomend before watching this masterpiece. Expand
  14. Mar 30, 2013
    Wow "HULK SMASH," his way in to give this movie a 10 easy! How could I give it anything else after watching the Hulk!? Is it even possible, nope not for me. This move is a must watch! I don`t know what anybody who does not like this movie was expecting. Did you think this was "A Beautiful Mind" part two? At first I wondered how they would make all the heroes come together, but they did aWow "HULK SMASH," his way in to give this movie a 10 easy! How could I give it anything else after watching the Hulk!? Is it even possible, nope not for me. This move is a must watch! I don`t know what anybody who does not like this movie was expecting. Did you think this was "A Beautiful Mind" part two? At first I wondered how they would make all the heroes come together, but they did a great job with it. All the characters fit right in. The critics are crazy for not liking this, I don`t know why they even exist, everybody should have their own opinions on movies and everything in life. If you just listen to critics, or even friends you will miss out on allot of things you actually would like. Expand
  15. Nov 30, 2012
    Marvel has always dominated the superhero movie genre, and with its giant marketing buildup to this film, it's easy to see how this could have become one of cinema's tragic flops. But oh no. "The Avengers" is THE superhero movie of all superhero movies. It's got fantastic, epic action, breathtaking visual effects, and a very strongly-written story packed with thrills and truly hilariousMarvel has always dominated the superhero movie genre, and with its giant marketing buildup to this film, it's easy to see how this could have become one of cinema's tragic flops. But oh no. "The Avengers" is THE superhero movie of all superhero movies. It's got fantastic, epic action, breathtaking visual effects, and a very strongly-written story packed with thrills and truly hilarious moments. Each character gets their moments in the sun, each gets their own story arc, we see them fight each other and with each other, and ultimately it all comes together for a completely satisfying 5-star experience that really raises the bar for all superhero flicks to come. Expand
  16. Dec 7, 2012
    I found absolutely nothing wrong with this movie, the character backgrounds/back stories may not have been explained, but it was said in the previous movies before this one. THE EPICEST MOVIE EVER (so far) in my opinion, 10(.5)/10
  17. Dec 16, 2012
    Now 6 years ago when Iron Man hit the big screens we were promised the Avengers. Now the problem I thought I was going to have with this movie was that there were too many characters to base the whole movie on , but the director Joss Whedon does an excellent job with bringing all these characters together. When it is a scene with Iron Man played by Robert Downey Jr it is all about IronNow 6 years ago when Iron Man hit the big screens we were promised the Avengers. Now the problem I thought I was going to have with this movie was that there were too many characters to base the whole movie on , but the director Joss Whedon does an excellent job with bringing all these characters together. When it is a scene with Iron Man played by Robert Downey Jr it is all about Iron Man. When it is a scene with Captain America played bey Chris Evans it is all about Captain America. The character that surprised me the most was Loki played by Tom Hiddleston. He was a dark villain in Thor and now he is an even darker villain in the Avengers. He is just so bad ass with his chitari army. This movie is 2 hours long and it feels like half an hour because it is so thrilling and intense. Avengers Assemble is MARVELous. Expand
  18. Dec 31, 2012
    great fun must watch movie for all those who likes super heroes.Incredible way to accommodate 6 heroes in a single movie although character of Tony and Hulk was overshadowing but thats the way it is..
  19. Jan 11, 2013
    The avengers is the best movie with best cast.I can't wait till avengers 2 comes out. Avengers is the best super hero movie. Bat man is nothing compered to the avengers.
  20. May 22, 2013
    This movie pulls off what it is trying to do perfectly. The acting is great, the plot, while not complex, works, and the visual effects are stunning. While not as good as The Dark Knight Rises, This movie perfectly does what it set out to do. But seriously, during the last big fight, how are they talking to each other without earpieces?
  21. Apr 6, 2013
    As I write this review, the Avengers is my personal favorite movie. The Avengers is an absolute blast, featuring mind-blowing special effects and CGI, great performances all around, and humor that makes this an all-around incredible movie.

My personal favorites in this movie were Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk. Robert Downey, Jr. brought back more of his sarcastic and witty comments that make him the best character in the movie. However, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner was just incredible. He played the part very well. As for the Hulk, he was awesome.

I also have to applaud the other cast members (Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Scarlett Johannsenn, Jeremy Renner). They all did very well in their respective roles and I felt that Loki was a very good villain.

Overall, this is an absolutely stunning movie that every has to see at some point.
  22. Mar 16, 2013
    It is one of 2012 best movies. It is suitable for just any age. Iron man, Hulk, Captain America etc... are awesome. I just don't know why did critics gave it 60 while it has a score of 92 on rotten tomatoes and it deserves 92. Buy it on DVD or wait until its TV release. Recommended for anyone.
  23. Apr 2, 2013
    When the demoman from Team Fortress 2 is involved in your movie, you're doing something right. People, you need to follow the likes of this movie, because it is simply amazing. Please watch this movie
  24. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was a great movie one of the best movies of all time it was a dream to see all those characters on the screen at one time. The fight scenes were epic and the cast was excellent it was a really great movie.
  25. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ''this song was kick ass from start to finish i new it was going to be chronic all the superheros were 10/10 the acting was the same and i was in love with the hulk he kicked ass expecially when he fought Loki and loki was like u are a dull creature i am a god then hulk kicks his ass Expand
  26. May 15, 2013
    The mother of all Superhero movies. Really enjoyed it, Absolutely Electrified me. The Avengers definitely was the cherry on top of the cake of Marvels Phase 1 and will be loved by fans in this entire realm for Generations to come.
  27. May 31, 2013
    As a guy who enjoys superhero movies, I have to say that The Avengers is one of the best superhero movies of all time. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Iron Man. Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic as Bruce Banner and Tom Hiddleston was amazing as Loki, who is one of my favorite super villains ever. The plot was extraordinary. Just do yourself a favor andAs a guy who enjoys superhero movies, I have to say that The Avengers is one of the best superhero movies of all time. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Iron Man. Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic as Bruce Banner and Tom Hiddleston was amazing as Loki, who is one of my favorite super villains ever. The plot was extraordinary. Just do yourself a favor and watch this movie. Expand
  28. Jun 6, 2013
    The Avengers. It's what they call themselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing. Yeah, takes them a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: A demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins. They have a FreakinThe Avengers. It's what they call themselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing. Yeah, takes them a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: A demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins. They have a Freakin Hulk!!

This movie is everything a comic book movie should be.
  29. Jun 20, 2013
    Although in some parts it tries too hard to be funny, The Avengers overall solidifies itself as the second best superhero flick ever (behind The Dark Knight).
    This is the ultimate film for Comic fans, and it's an amazingly good film.
  30. Jun 28, 2013
    one of the greatest movie.I love it so much,I watched it 5 times in 5 days. Iron man is the best. ;3 Everyone should watch this movie.lol 10/10
  31. Jul 4, 2013
    Walking out of the movie theater, all I could say was "Wow." With enough spectacle and a great story line, this is one of Marvel's greatest films to date. "The Avengers" is humorous, inventive, and uses all of the superheroes in the Avengers to creative a witty tale that uses top notch actors to deliver.
  32. Nov 17, 2013
    This Is My Favourite Movie, The Action Is Fun, The Humor is Funny, Just A Really Extremely Awesome Movie Check it Out Seriously Do So Right Now.... NOW!
  33. Jul 28, 2013
    Melhor filme de super-heróis/ação de todos os tempos, sem sombra de dúvida e esse filme não tem como enjoar já assisti ele 3 vezes seguidas sem cansar, sempre que não tenho nada pra fazer vejo ele, já vi mais vezes do que consigo contar e ainda vejo.
  34. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was absolutely incredible, it had the right amount of explosive action, it was hysterical, everything the perfect superhero movie movie needs and what superhero fans want and then some times six. The Avengers in one word was simply "marvel"ous!
  35. Aug 22, 2013
    Man, where to begin...this is one of my favorite movies of the last 12 years. This movie exceeded my expectations. The cast could not have been picked better. RDJ did a phenomenal job as Tony Stark as he always does, Chris Evans redeemed himself from the Fantastic Four with Captain America and came back with a vengeance here. Chris Hemsworth, well done. Jeremy Renner, didn't know him untilMan, where to begin...this is one of my favorite movies of the last 12 years. This movie exceeded my expectations. The cast could not have been picked better. RDJ did a phenomenal job as Tony Stark as he always does, Chris Evans redeemed himself from the Fantastic Four with Captain America and came back with a vengeance here. Chris Hemsworth, well done. Jeremy Renner, didn't know him until this movie. Damn. And what can I say about Mark Ruffalo? Best damn Bruce Banner portrayal since Lou Ferigno. WELL done! The plot was fluid, it made sense, it was engaging, gripping and didn't lose my attention at all. The fact that they connected every movie before it together to make this: Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk. Amazing idea and it worked perfectly. This is as close to a perfect Marvel action film as there can be. Expand
  36. Dec 13, 2013
    I can't find a single reason to give this movie a 9.This is perfect film certainly the best movie of the year for me.The characters are great and the last battle true epicness that you can't get enough.Our culture is much richer and glorius with this movie at our hands.
  37. Jan 15, 2014
    Whoa, this movie is unquestionably a "Must Watch" for all Marvelites around the globe. This film features a unique combination of Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk and one of the most loved and awesome villains, Loki! Joss Whedon should be the face of Marvel! I'd love it if the Avengers 2 included Spider-Man!
  38. Nov 6, 2013
    The Nuclear Bomb Of Awesomeness & Excitement
    **The Avengers**
    The Nuclear Bomb Of Awesomeness & Excitement
    **The Avengers**

* If this movie fails to bring you the Awesomeness & Wonderful Excitement Then you wont get those things in any movies which you see in future The Avengers the movie which stood as pinnacle for delivering such Awesomeness & Excitement which you would never have expected Basically the movie consist of major MARVEL characters such as Iron Man,Hulk & Thor with each characters having movie of their own in different perspective.In this movie they are all brought back together without changing any of their contents from their origin movies.These movies which has been a building blocks for the development of the avengers Packing these huge movies putting their contents into one package would surely create a mess to handle such complicated task of displaying multiple attributes of different films and their characters is not an easy task to be handled with But Director And Screen play writer Joss Whedon has done an amazing & fantastic job of handling those issues and developing these characters to a new level not only that but developed their attributes to a new level as well its shows how talented and skillful joss whedon really is The screen play is fantastic in this movie every characters interaction with one another is spectacular its show how well the script has been written.In this movie most important thing is that every major characters have enough screen time to play and its brilliant considering the characters importance in this film All actors in this movie has given their amazing performance each and every actors in this movie needs to be applauded for their performance they were all simple,humors & displayed their acting with such elegance which you cannot find any fault!. In category of action its ""SPECTACULAR""every fighting scene in this movie is worth watching many times its very awesome seeing your heroes fighting in big screen .Action sequence in this film is simply "AMAZING". My thanks to special effects department they did an amazing job of bringing EARTH MIGHTIEST HEROES in big screen. Overall this movie will make you filled with Excitement and Awesomeness to the end .Simply to put in one word its "EPIC".." A Must Watch Movie "!.

THE AVENGERS **********

(10/10) Stars
  39. Dec 30, 2013
    If Marvel had made several unconnected movies of various superheroes, it would have been sufficient. By making them all part of one massive universe- and capping it off with this studio masterpiece- they created a legend. I loved The Avengers because it didn't try to be anything more than what it was: a pulse-pounding thrill ride complete with epic action sequences, solid acting, vibrantIf Marvel had made several unconnected movies of various superheroes, it would have been sufficient. By making them all part of one massive universe- and capping it off with this studio masterpiece- they created a legend. I loved The Avengers because it didn't try to be anything more than what it was: a pulse-pounding thrill ride complete with epic action sequences, solid acting, vibrant special effects, and a whole lot of gut-busting humor. A prime example of entertainment at its highest level. Expand
  40. Jan 6, 2014
    Well let's everybody enjoy ourselves with a quality superhero flick that is... In its first multiple superhero team-up, executed nearly flawlessly. Consider the many opportunities that this movie had a chance to create gaping plot holes, only to be masterfully minimized by Whedon and his team.
  41. Feb 14, 2014
    The Godfather Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thus Far.
    The Characters Are Flawlessly Acted, The Script Is Brilliant, & It Can Make Anyone Feel Marvelous.
  42. Feb 13, 2014
    The Avengers is possibly the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It kept me on the edge of my seat nearly the entire movie! The Avengers tied up every prequel that came before it which I really liked. I bought the movie for Blu-Ray and watch it nearly every time I get the chance to. The Avengers keeps me wrapped up in the mysteries and funny moments.
  43. Mar 24, 2014
    I think the optimal film does not know why not won any Oscars worthy because it had History, cast, special effect of exellent quality, although not so the best thing to have your movie special effect I thought it was good because you make a film heroine and not will place special effect, I think they put emseu comedy film, and mixed with action.
  44. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before seeing this film, I'm going to be honest I wasn't a big fan of this Marvel Cinematic Universe, not to say I didn't like it I just didn't care for it. You see when I first saw Iron Man, it liked it well (of course I like it a lot more now) but later on I didn't care for Iron Man 2 (and honestly I'm still not a fan of that sequel). Later on I never saw The Incredible Hulk, I liked Thor and I thought the first Captain America was alright but I still just wasn't digging the series that much, so I didn't go into The Avengers film expecting to love it, but I had a blast. It was amazing, seeing all these Marvel heroes together. It was cool seeing them interact and it was even kind of funny at times like when Iron Man fought with Thor and other things. I also like Loki, he was a really awesome antagonist, he had that cool blend of looking strong yet weak at the same time which was especially awesome when Hulk beats the crap out of him! The action was also cool, the special effects were cool, kind of Transformers-ish, but cool! I loved The Avengers! It got me more into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I even enjoy the older films a little better, I also enjoy there later films and I am really looking forward to 2015 when The Avengers 2 comes out! The Avengers is a blast, it's probably my favorite Super Hero movie ever. Expand
  45. Nov 16, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

So now it's time for The Avengers. But before we get to that, I got a few things to say. Ever since the beginning of this MCU "marathon", I've been planning to see other franchises. As I am a super-hero fanatic, I marked in my agenda and calendar franchises such as: X-Men, Spider-Man and Batman. Every movie of that franchise is going to be seen by me every Saturday, and when I'm not seeing those movies in Saturday, I'm going to see films that were released in 2014 that I haven't seen it. Which is the case here. I rewatched The Avengers yesterday (as I'm writing this on 9th November of 2014) and next Saturday, I'm going to see the video game adaption "Need for Speed". And then in the next Saturday after that, it's the Phase 2 of MCU. All these things I'm organizing is merely a way to be entertained when I have nothing else to do and it's going to last until next October of 2015. After seeing a movie, I'm going to write a review and post it on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic as "Diogo Mendes". If you're seeing this right now, you'll know what I am talking about. Now that I've cleared up that, it's time to talk about the best Marvel movie to date. "The Avengers", my friends, is one of the best Marvel outputs since Spider-Man 2. It not only raises the bar for Marvel at their films, but it also makes their heroes look even cooler than they already are. It's excting, it's funny, it's packed with action and heart and the movie clearly understands that super-heroes have a human side.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has located the mysterious Tesseract device and the Army's super soldier Captain America. The Tesseract is actually a gateway to an entirely new world called Asgard. A mysterious being known as Loki arrives on earth and immediately assumes that he can rule all human beings. But that irks S.H.I.E.L.D. directory Nick Fury the wrong way. As Loki escapes with the Tesseract, Nick Fury believes this is an act of war against Earth. His only hope is to assemble an actual team of super heroes. Dr. Bruce Banner, who turns into an enormous green rage monster known as the Hulk. Tony Stark and his venerable Iron Man armor. Captain America, the Stark Enterprises created super soldier. Thor, the god of thunder, protector of Earth and his home planet of Asgard, and Loki's brother. Master assassins Hawkeye and Natasha Romanoff. Together they will become a team to take on an attack that will call them to become the greatest of all time.

Ok, let's be honest right here. We all know that there wasn't any doubt that this movie would succeed. Not because it has Joss Whedon as the director and writer, but because having iconic, interesting super-heroes teaming up to defeat a larger threat is something we haven't seen it before, and Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, all these characters teaming up is really fun to see. The way that the movie focuses on these MARVELOUS characters is just extraordinary, and the character development... holy sh*t, the character development. The movie offers so much information about these super-heroes without feeling like an exposition. And the action... oh my god. I need to tell you that there's one part where the camera moves onto each Avenger fighting with the Chitauri, in ONE SINGLE SHOT. I'm not even kidding, if you see the movie, you'll be astonished. The final battle... is amazing. Don't get me wrong, the other elements of the movie are so great, really, really great, but the final battle... my god. 15 minutes of firefights, punches, emotion and nerdgasm. It doesn't reach the level of awesomeness of the train sequence in "Spider-Man 2" but this scene is so goddamn spectacular. The visual effects and the colors are startling. The one character that was used full CGI was, of course, The Hulk. Remember when I said that the Hulk from the 2008's film looked kind of cartoonish? Well, in this movie, he looks just what he should look like. And this classic character kicks so much ass in this movie, breaks everything in his sight. But you also can see that there's a heart in the character.

The characters are fully fleshed out and intriguing. Hell, even the Galaga guy is awesome, AND he's not even a character! Every character share their spotlight, delivering fun dialogue, essential information about their past. The villain is not as powerful as The Joker in "The Dark Knight", but Loki is so manipulative. You don't really know what's going on his head. And Thanos... oh my god. I'll admit. I didn't know anything about the character, I'm not a comic book kind of guy, but I enjoy reading some of them, especially when it's Spider-Man or Batman related. Thanos was a major character in The Infinity Gauntlet storyline back in the 90's. He was menacing and he was always grinning. I heard that they're following those series, but I'm wondering how they are going to follow those stories. Some of the characters belong to different studios. Very complicated. But getting back to Thanos, he's only in a mid-credits scene, so don't expect too much of him in this movie.

So I talked about the story, the big action set-pieces and the interesting characters, but something is missing... oh yeah, the cast! Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo, Nick Fury and all the others are so talented. Maybe that's why the characters work. It's because the well-chosen cast seems to have an understanding of what the characters are. Tony Stark is pretty much what we've got in both Iron Man films: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Steve Rogers is the lonely super-soldier, Bruce Banner is the angry man in his fight against his "disease" and Thor is the mighty god of Asgard, arrogant and stupid. All of them seem to understand their characters, that's why this movie is so likable. Not only the script offers a look at his heroes' humanity, but it also offers proper development. The soundtrack is also very exciting. And when I mean exciting... I really mean exciting. So when your movie has everything that you want, it instantly becomes your favorite movie, and although "Marvel's The Avengers" is definitely not the best movie ever made, it is the best super-hero movie to date. Why? Because it's a classic very well done! Even if the movie didn't have the best script ever, it would still be very good. Why? Because the whole concept works! This concept about heroes teaming up WORKS! And I am not even a fanboy.

Final Score to The Avengers: A solid 10/10. Literally, everything works here. The script is sharp, the action is pretty much top-notch, the characters are captivating and witty, the soundtrack is electrifying, the production values are high and the universe's atmosphere is becoming increasingly higher with Marvel now introducing new characters. You don't need awesome characters like Spider-Man or Wolverine to prove that this is the best Marvel movie to date. Marvel is on the roll and this nearly masterpiece proves that. Please, if you haven't seen this movie, go see it. I recommend it for every age. I also would like to point out that this movie clearly affected DC Comics in a big and dramatic way. In such way that they are rushing their famous characters and throwing years of mythology away. Now they're making a Batman Vs Superman movie to attract the audience and generate more and more money to their cash cow. I'm still going to see, and despite knowing that Chris Terrio is writing the story, I know I'm going to be disappointed. Unfortunately. Next review: Need for Speed (2014)
  46. Aug 23, 2014
    The Avengers is witty, intense and very entertaining, I loved every second of it, and every character of it stroke my heart and I was into their situation. I regret not seeing this in theaters.
  47. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט הכי יפה של במארוול יוניברס עד כה, סרט ממש מהנה ומבדר כדאי לראות. במיוחד למי שאוהב סרטי גיבורי על ימות על הסרט הזה. אבל חבל שהוא לא יותר מסרט קיץ כיפי
  48. Jul 29, 2014
    Hmmm somebody forgot to inform the US Army that New York was under air attack!
    For a movie made in 2012, US Air Fighters should have been included c'mon ;)
    But great movie overall and funny!
  49. Aug 2, 2014
    This movie is the best there is :) i'm so impressed how josh did this. my favorite so far. Go and watch it, even if your not a fan of marvels movies. i think i'm going to see it again now ;) take care
  50. Sep 8, 2014
    This is the best superhero movie ever made. Joss Wheadon did a nearly flawless job. The character and story development is superb. It has huge impacts for all characters. There are rarely movies like this with no weak scenes. Bonus points for the villain. Watching Loki is just delicious. He enjoys being the evil guy.
  51. Jan 4, 2015
    It's hard to believe that Marvel brought all of these C-list superheroes together in one movie.. and it works! This movie is a blast from start to finish. Great acting, specifically Ruffalo, Hiddleston and Downey. Great visuals and some great laughs where I laughed harder than at most comedies I've seen.
  52. Dec 18, 2014
    as much as it pains a fan who mostly prefers DC to Marvel I have to admit this is probably the greatest superhero movie ever made. it is very well acted and paced and has some of the best action sequences i've ever seen particularly the battle in new york the whole thing feels like a great event comic. this was well worth the build up here's hoping the sequel is just as good
  53. Nov 12, 2014
    The best superhero movie made to date. Marvel did an amazing job bringing it all together from the writing, directing, casting, acting, action, and special effects. Robert Downey, Jr. was BORN to play Ironman/Tony Stark, Hemsworth is a great Thor, Scarlett is the perfect Black Widow, and Ruffalo might be the best Banner to date. Not a "thinking man's" movie, but a TON of fun to just sitThe best superhero movie made to date. Marvel did an amazing job bringing it all together from the writing, directing, casting, acting, action, and special effects. Robert Downey, Jr. was BORN to play Ironman/Tony Stark, Hemsworth is a great Thor, Scarlett is the perfect Black Widow, and Ruffalo might be the best Banner to date. Not a "thinking man's" movie, but a TON of fun to just sit back and watch. Very well done. Expand
  54. Nov 16, 2014
    A very fun movie, I absolutely recommend it. perfect special effects and a really well meda plot.
    one of the best superhero movies there are. hope the next one doesnt disappoint
  55. Dec 15, 2014
    Literally the perfect and the best Marvel movie so far. It has awesome special effects, acting, and villians. Everyone you loved from Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk is in this movie. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it.
  56. Jan 19, 2015
    Marvel's The Avengers was one of the best movies of 2012. It's a great film to be part of The Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is Beyond Fantastic! Probably the best movie that Disney and Marvel has to offer!
  57. Apr 13, 2015
    aaaaaaaaah avengers it was so effing sick i almost vomited all over my lap but that was fine since i used that as lube to wank with. but the one thing that pissed me off during wank 4 was that scarlett johansen kept being in the centre of all the **** shots i coudlnt wank over the hulk properly. uuuhhhhhhh avengers avengers

i almost **** cried when they had the schwarma uuhhhhhh for £3

i almost **** cried when they had the schwarma uuhhhhhh for £3 you can too if you live in liverpool at the schwarma cafe you will be just like the avengers, sorry uuuhhhhhhhh avengers. a dickhead **** you umayr
  58. May 4, 2015
    Just saw the Avengers, after being recommended the Avengers: Age of Ultron and what a ride it was, an entertaining flick that innovates the idea of a movie universe where everything comes together. Joss Whedon outdoes himself in balancing out characters' screen time and legitimizing them in a balanced approach.
  59. May 11, 2015
    The Avengers is a fun pop-corn movie. It is a pure entertainment and it is more than satisfying. The story might be a bit simple and lame, but you won't care at all.
  60. Jan 5, 2013
    Got to be the best movie i saw in 2012. Great cast a very simplistic but decent story and some good dialogue. One of the things i like about this film and it gets so right is a GREAT final battle in the last 45 minutes which just looks amazing. alot of theese comic book movie films have theese crap 1-2 minute ones that are just so lame and anticlimactic that it almost makes the movie feelGot to be the best movie i saw in 2012. Great cast a very simplistic but decent story and some good dialogue. One of the things i like about this film and it gets so right is a GREAT final battle in the last 45 minutes which just looks amazing. alot of theese comic book movie films have theese crap 1-2 minute ones that are just so lame and anticlimactic that it almost makes the movie feel like a waste. The one problem is though you have a great team of super heroes fighting one guy names loki and his army of Alien things. would have been so much cooler if it was a team of villians. Oh well for Avengers 2 then hopefully. Other then that don't waste your time seeing this in 3D . This was my first 3D movie i rented for my 3D TV and the 3D just felt tacked on outside of a few moments when it looked cool. Avengers in the end has to be the best Comic book to movie out there so far. Expand
  61. May 4, 2012
    A dream come true. Good actor's performances, and a perfect mix of action and comedy make this film what every passionate about comics wanted. Best Marvel Movie
  62. Nov 7, 2012
    I was exhausted at the end of this movie. The Avengers is a nonstop high speed roller coaster ride. I must admit I was never a fan of the comic book which always kind of read like the comics version of the Allstar game and their are some cheesy moments like Iron Mans AC-DC theme music (we get it already). Whedon somehow turns the swashbuckling superhero movie into a brutal grittyI was exhausted at the end of this movie. The Avengers is a nonstop high speed roller coaster ride. I must admit I was never a fan of the comic book which always kind of read like the comics version of the Allstar game and their are some cheesy moments like Iron Mans AC-DC theme music (we get it already). Whedon somehow turns the swashbuckling superhero movie into a brutal gritty slugfest. At the end you feel as beat up as the combatants. Well done. Expand
  63. May 7, 2012
    Not much I can add to the hundreds of great reviews. I don't think there's anything that could improve on the movie--everything good was already tossed in! THIS is how superhero movies should be. Consider the bar raised. Not a lot mentioning the SHIELD agents so let me just say, Officer Hill is smokin!
  64. May 21, 2012
    I liked it a lot. My wife found it to be a bit slow at the beginning, and I could totally see that for someone who is not a big fan of the genre. To me it was just the prerequisite build up to the action that did not disappoint. The story can be criticized for its lack of depth, but lets face it, you are not going to "The Avengers" to quibble over the story. The Hulk took a while toI liked it a lot. My wife found it to be a bit slow at the beginning, and I could totally see that for someone who is not a big fan of the genre. To me it was just the prerequisite build up to the action that did not disappoint. The story can be criticized for its lack of depth, but lets face it, you are not going to "The Avengers" to quibble over the story. The Hulk took a while to make an entrance, but when he did, I found him to be the best part of the movie. Overall, this was a great movie. Anyone who complains is either not a fan, or just one of those internet contrarians who find it fashionable to hate things others like. Expand
  65. Aug 30, 2012
    Very good movie.
    Cons: The flying fortress should be what it's name says, a FORTRESS which is impregnable!!! That said, it did not shoot a single round in a whole movie AND they let a rouge aircraft approach it (radar anyone, code 7 alert?), shoot at it and blow it's engine!!!
  66. May 25, 2012
    The Avengers is one of the best Action films of all time. The story is solid, with a healthy mix of action and humor. The only people who wouldn't like this are people who don't like outrageous mindless action on the screen. The thing with action movies is, you go to see just that, and adding a solid, yet not over the top story with GREAT characters only makes the package even moreThe Avengers is one of the best Action films of all time. The story is solid, with a healthy mix of action and humor. The only people who wouldn't like this are people who don't like outrageous mindless action on the screen. The thing with action movies is, you go to see just that, and adding a solid, yet not over the top story with GREAT characters only makes the package even more complete. Humor tends to fill most of the gaps where action doesn't exist, and this film is worth your time if you're even remotely a fan of action films. Only thing I felt was off about the movie was the fact that some of the scenes didn't make enough sense in transition from one to the other (one of them quite blatant, you would probably recognize it after you watched it), easily to overlook though. Watch this movie, just do it! Expand
  67. May 7, 2012
    I saw the Avengers at midnight in regular format, and thought it was excellent. After leaving the theater, I thought to myself "It must be awesome in 3D". So I saw it in 3D two days later, and thought it was fantastic. I would actually consider seeing it in 3D again. It is one of the best post-production 3D conversions I've ever seen. But even when not focusing on the 3D, this film hasI saw the Avengers at midnight in regular format, and thought it was excellent. After leaving the theater, I thought to myself "It must be awesome in 3D". So I saw it in 3D two days later, and thought it was fantastic. I would actually consider seeing it in 3D again. It is one of the best post-production 3D conversions I've ever seen. But even when not focusing on the 3D, this film has great replay value. The film itself was just as good, and possibly better, the second time around. The storyline may be a bit simplistic, and it may be a bit overlong for some, but these are only a small quarrels. The action is absolutely incredible, the acting is very good across the board, and the humor is actually funny. For all of you Transformers fans out there, go see this movie, and see if you'll want to watch another Transformers movie again. In comparison to those films, the Avengers does everything better. Take my word for it, and see the Avengers in 3D. It is an extremely entertainng experience. Expand
  68. May 26, 2012
    The best Marvel film so far. great action and funny. They are doing a great job with The Hulk bringing him into the fold as a real super hero rather then just running amuck.
  69. May 15, 2012
    I would not bother seeing the 3D version of the movie since the 3D aspect was added later and not very well. That being said, this is an amazing movie and I can't wait to see it again. Just don't pay extra for mediocre 3D.
  70. May 5, 2012
    A well-crafted film that superbly handles playing with four leading heroes. The movie has great sequences of action and the special effects are top-notch. However, it is the character interaction that really shines through, and makes the ultimate assembly worthwhile.
  71. May 11, 2012
    Absolutely my favorite movie. Heh hulk is so funny lol. MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! i like the attitude that tony stark has is so funny, and captain america is so cool
  72. Dec 28, 2012
    After dozens of teasers hidden in each of the heroes individual movies The Avengers is finally here, and it doesn't disappoint. It's filled with draw dropping action, and some hilarious moments. Every superhero is excellently fleshed out and work well together, and no hero receives more attention than another. It excellently captures the feel of each individual hero as well as show someAfter dozens of teasers hidden in each of the heroes individual movies The Avengers is finally here, and it doesn't disappoint. It's filled with draw dropping action, and some hilarious moments. Every superhero is excellently fleshed out and work well together, and no hero receives more attention than another. It excellently captures the feel of each individual hero as well as show some new sides of their personalities. The Avengers is everything I wanted it to be, and I don't see how it could have turned out any better. It's one of the best superhero movies of all time. Expand
  73. Jun 2, 2012
    After finally watching The Avengers I can report that its brilliant. It lives up to the hype and then some. Even the dialogue scenes are fun with great comedy that actually suits the characters. There is real emotion to the story, the action scenes are brilliant and I thought the 3D worked well. Show stealer for me had to be "The Hulk" with some great scenes and even a true LMAO one liner.After finally watching The Avengers I can report that its brilliant. It lives up to the hype and then some. Even the dialogue scenes are fun with great comedy that actually suits the characters. There is real emotion to the story, the action scenes are brilliant and I thought the 3D worked well. Show stealer for me had to be "The Hulk" with some great scenes and even a true LMAO one liner. A must see movie, but I think you need to see all the other Marvel movies first to truely appreciate this. Expand
  74. Aug 19, 2012
    THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME! Great story, action, drama, I was engrossed from the beginning to the end! It had some great comedy in it and RDJ was in pure form. I'm glad I paid to see this one!
  75. May 5, 2012
    Exciting, incredibly well written, and hilarious, The Avengers is Marvel's best film. The action is incredibly thrilling, the humor unmatched in a blockbuster, and the performances fantastic. This is the best way to start off the Summer movie season.
  76. May 28, 2012
    There was nothing in this movie that I didn't like, from beginning to ending. If you're a fan of Marvel movies, you will not be disappointed. You can definitely trust the USER'S review average on this one! The only minor remark I have is that I saw it in 3D, and I think at times it was pretty dark. I would've preferred the 2D, but it was not available in cinemas near me.
  77. Jul 3, 2012
    Josh Whedon brought out the best in every character. Sharing the screen time between the group of heroes and playing them off each other with a master's touch. There were no wasted moments are dead-end story threads as found in most comic movies. The villains and threat lived up to the use of the group of heroes. They all got their time in the spotlight. This is the best Marvel film toJosh Whedon brought out the best in every character. Sharing the screen time between the group of heroes and playing them off each other with a master's touch. There were no wasted moments are dead-end story threads as found in most comic movies. The villains and threat lived up to the use of the group of heroes. They all got their time in the spotlight. This is the best Marvel film to date, and by far the best use of the Hulk. Expand
  78. May 11, 2012
    Everyone has been saying that this is the best superhero movie ever and maybe the best movie ever. It's definitely not the best MOVIE ever, but it does contend to be the best superhero movie. I can't give it a 10 because it didn't finish, obviously there's another one coming and it did have a few things I would change. I wish that there would have been more enemies that weren't just randomEveryone has been saying that this is the best superhero movie ever and maybe the best movie ever. It's definitely not the best MOVIE ever, but it does contend to be the best superhero movie. I can't give it a 10 because it didn't finish, obviously there's another one coming and it did have a few things I would change. I wish that there would have been more enemies that weren't just random creatures.

But the movie was great, with great action scenes and good dialog and was very funny at times. I would give it an 8.5 if I could, but I cant and I won't go down to an 8, so it gets a 9.
  79. May 5, 2012
    Surprised and delighted at how this turned out. Not sure the 3d added anything special to the action but the action is superb and the light moments are genius. It cannot be compared to the dark knight in terms of best super hero movie ever but it's exactly what the fans wanted from this franchise.
  80. May 25, 2012
    I was looking forward to this film in a big way.Well its hard not to when your A,a comic/superhero fan, B,An action movie fan & C,Been following the buildup to this film in the form of the Iron Man,Thor,Captain America & to a lesser degree The Hulk movies.I was confident this was gonna be a good movie,because of the cast,director,the other movies & from what i saw of the movie itselfI was looking forward to this film in a big way.Well its hard not to when your A,a comic/superhero fan, B,An action movie fan & C,Been following the buildup to this film in the form of the Iron Man,Thor,Captain America & to a lesser degree The Hulk movies.I was confident this was gonna be a good movie,because of the cast,director,the other movies & from what i saw of the movie itself during production.Well,i certainly wasnt disappointed!.. Of course it takes a while to build up to the big action,but theres plenty to keep you interested until then,from the buildup itself,to the characters & their dialog.This movie does exactly what it set out to do as far as i'm concerned,& its hard to imagine it done much better.I feel Stark/Iron Man & The Hulk Stole the show a bit(especially Iron Man).A Highly entertaining movie which i highly recommended,especially if you like your action or Superhero movies. Expand
  81. May 5, 2012
    ASSEMBLE all your friends and family to go see The Avengers! It doesn't get much better than this! An ensemble movie done extremely well and there is just so much going on here. Iron Man is flawless as usual, Ruffalo is pitch-perfect as Bruce Banner/Hulk, and the whole ensemble just works. The plot is solid with an imminent threat that is worth caring about, and Loki is a fine villain.ASSEMBLE all your friends and family to go see The Avengers! It doesn't get much better than this! An ensemble movie done extremely well and there is just so much going on here. Iron Man is flawless as usual, Ruffalo is pitch-perfect as Bruce Banner/Hulk, and the whole ensemble just works. The plot is solid with an imminent threat that is worth caring about, and Loki is a fine villain. Again, there is a LOT going on here, but Whedon seems to pull it all together while still giving each character plenty of screen time. This is a "smash"-ing good time! Expand
  82. Jun 24, 2013
    I watched the captain america movie.I could say that i was not impressed at all but when the movie ended there was a prety good ending and even a better ending after the credits.
    That leaded me to the the avengers.
    Then i realised that captain america was just a warm up for what to come next. So i fired the avengers thinking that it will be an average movie just like captain america.
    That leaded me to the the avengers.
    Then i realised that captain america was just a warm up for what to come next.
    The result i was just blown away.This movie is a near masterpiece.Damn black widow should have been cooler but the movie is just insane.
    I recommend it as a must see
  83. May 4, 2012
    I give this film 9/10. I'm dropping 1 point because they didn't exactly follow the original "The Ulitmates" story line, but came pretty damned close.

The film reflects Joss Whedons Humour with lots of nice humorous, but not out of place , quirky little moments. His wit is still very apparent from his Buffy/Angel/Firefly days. If it wasn't him who wrote the relevant scenes, it's someone trying to be like him !

The script and banter between everyone is snappy and everyone is already familiar with their roles so it's straight into the action. Everyone acted well and everyone took it seriously, but not TOO seriously.

I'm not giving away anymore plot than I already have in my opening statement, if you're familiar with the first 13 issue run of " The Ultimates" then you know roughly what's going on in the film. I should add here that you really end up hating Loki, again, what a great actor.

The films sounds amazing and looks even better, there is not a dull moment and I was thoroughly absorbed throughout. Lets have another one soon please.

And how about a Black Widow/Hawkeye spy/assassin flick in the mean time, they were both great characters incredibly well played by their respective actors.

Everyone already knows how good the actors that play Cap. America, Iron Man and Thor are, but those two mentioned above, and the chap that played the Hulk were also wonderful. As were the rest of the cast.

In order here's what I'd like to see next in the movies:-

New Iron Man, then a new Hulk, New Thor, New Cap. America, A Black Widow & Hawkeye spy story, with lots of Nick Fury in this one, THEN the second Avengers film. Then start the cycle again adding in a few other Avengers as time goes on. With the list above, and a film a year, that's a five year movie arc before it all starts again.

Now go and do it please people.

The Avengers, a solid nine out of ten. Go see it and enjoy.
  84. Jul 4, 2012
    Probably one of THE best Marvel film out there. This film has everything a Marvel fan or any Action fan has and even more! The writing is superb and it doesn't make 1 superhero above everyone else, all of them are equal even the lesser ones like Hawkeye and Black Widow, heck even Nick Fury. Unfortunately this film is plagued with a fault every other Marvel film has; pacing. I feel that theProbably one of THE best Marvel film out there. This film has everything a Marvel fan or any Action fan has and even more! The writing is superb and it doesn't make 1 superhero above everyone else, all of them are equal even the lesser ones like Hawkeye and Black Widow, heck even Nick Fury. Unfortunately this film is plagued with a fault every other Marvel film has; pacing. I feel that the middle-point of the film was very boring and it was just talkin and talkin also the attack on the flying ship was pretty lame too, there wasn't much spectacle except when Banner Hulks out. Which comes to my next point, holy sht the last fight is pretty intense and literally redeems all of the flaws I have with this film. So I'll give it a 9/10. If it wasn't for the epic climax I'd probably rate it a 6/10 or 7/10. Expand
  85. May 5, 2012
    The Avengers is the best Marvel film to date and the best movie of the year so far. I was surprised how well they were able to give all the Avengers about equal screen time. Mark Ruffalo is definitely the best Hulk ever, it made me appreciate the Hulk as a character. This is definitely one of the best comic book movies, following right behind Christoper Nolan's Batman films. Would love toThe Avengers is the best Marvel film to date and the best movie of the year so far. I was surprised how well they were able to give all the Avengers about equal screen time. Mark Ruffalo is definitely the best Hulk ever, it made me appreciate the Hulk as a character. This is definitely one of the best comic book movies, following right behind Christoper Nolan's Batman films. Would love to see this movie again, and I usually don't see films multiple times. If you are looking for a well written, well directed, action packed film, this is the best one in theaters. Expand
  86. May 5, 2012
    Up to now The Avengers is the best superhero film ever made including DC Comics films. The begining is a little slow with some decent jokes and dialogs lokis army is something totaly improvised for a half normal avengers universe and half ultimate avengers universe hibrid storyline. I was specting a cameo that never happened and to talk about ant-man and wasp in these film is totalyUp to now The Avengers is the best superhero film ever made including DC Comics films. The begining is a little slow with some decent jokes and dialogs lokis army is something totaly improvised for a half normal avengers universe and half ultimate avengers universe hibrid storyline. I was specting a cameo that never happened and to talk about ant-man and wasp in these film is totaly irrelevant. the greedy bastards are gonna make tons of money with this avengers films. i dont think any of these actor are compromised with their role or even heard about it before they became thor widow Expand
  87. Jun 9, 2012
    BEST **** HERO MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But bad choice of a villian.
  88. May 12, 2012
    "Joss Whedon is a freaking Genius" . It was so difficult to put together something like this but his amazing Story and Direction made the movie awesome . It was very thrilling and the action scenes were incredible and its had some really funny moment too which tells that the movie is not boring at all. Robart , Tom was the best as they were before. Hamsworth was good but not better then"Joss Whedon is a freaking Genius" . It was so difficult to put together something like this but his amazing Story and Direction made the movie awesome . It was very thrilling and the action scenes were incredible and its had some really funny moment too which tells that the movie is not boring at all. Robart , Tom was the best as they were before. Hamsworth was good but not better then he was on Thor . Evans on the other seemed kinda different . seems like he was too angry about everything . Scarlet was super and her action scenes were perfect but hated her hair style. S.l.Jackson and Jeremy was super too . And last Cobie was the surprise of the film . I saw her every week on HIMYM but here seeing her beauty just made my day ! plus her custom was WahaaoooO !!!
    Effect was good as well as al the other work . But I didnt like the theme song that much . It wasnt bad but its not catchy like other superhero films.Overall The Avengers is a total perfect Entertainment !

Really want to thank The Avengers Creator Stan "The Man" Lee (Respect)! and co-creator Jack Kirby.

tnx to Marvel , Disney & Kevin for taking this Dream Project and turning it into a freaking awesome movie !
  89. May 4, 2012
    Après des débuts assez mitigés (de l'excellentissime Iron Man au mollasson Thor), les super-héros Marvel de ces dernières années mettent enfin le paquet. Et pas qu'un peu! De la part d'Avengers, on en attendait un défouloir sympathique. A la place, nous avons droit à un chef-d'oeuvreAprès des débuts assez mitigés (de l'excellentissime Iron Man au mollasson Thor), les super-héros Marvel de ces dernières années mettent enfin le paquet. Et pas qu'un peu! De la part d'Avengers, on en attendait un défouloir sympathique. A la place, nous avons droit à un chef-d'oeuvre d'action (rien que ça), qui lorgne vers Transformers (pour le côté explosif et généreux), tout en le surpassant. Mouvementé, hilarant (Stark et mention spéciale à Hulk), ébouriffant, très bien joué, effets spéciaux sublimes, costumes... Bref, il n'y a rien à dire d'Avengers! Peut-être que si : musiques pas si mémorables, et la barre a été mise tellement haute qu'on appréhende déjà comment va être la suite. Mais vous voulez de véritables sensations fortes avec un blockbuster américain qui ne se fout pas de la gueule des spectateurs, Avengers est le divertissement qu'il vous faut. Peut-être même le meilleur entertainment de l'année! Expand
  90. May 4, 2012
    First of all, the story behind this film isn't exactly Oscar material. But the two hours and 20 minutes of non stop action and pure comic-book awesomeness definitely makes up for it. The comedy between the characters, the performances of old and new actors alike, this film is definitely worth a watch...
  91. May 4, 2012
    i thought the movie combined all the strong points of the movies it was based on. i didn't think i could make it any better.
  92. May 13, 2012
    This movie was extremely fun to watch and also had a good plot. It was fun to see all the different guys come together. The humor was pretty damn good for an action movie. It was also cool seeing Captain America (Chris Evans) because he grew up in my hometown. This is a movie I would watch again.
  93. May 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Only downside of this movie is the lack of a really good villain. The special effects, story and acting were all pretty well done. It's understandable that it's hard to focus on character development when you have so many heroes/main characters. The movie really relies on the audience member having already watched the 'prequel' movies: Captain America, Iron Man 1+2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor...otherwise you might not understand or relate to the main characters. Being a marvel fan, I recognize who the enemy is at the end of the movie...and if it's who I think it is (Thanos), the next movie will be pretty awesome as it counters my beginning argument of having a relatively weak villain. The movie also has some key parts that are pretty humorous apart from all the action. I think the fighting scenes were all very well done and is what I'd expect from a marvel movie and would even be pretty good as a comic (if it were drawn out). Overall 9-10. Be sure to watch AVX and 3D to get the most out of the experience. Expand
  94. May 4, 2012
    Is the AVENGERS the best super hero film of all time? No, it's not. But it's a great film. Let's start with the surprising negative aspect: slow mid section and predictable storyline. The positives: big spectacle film making at its best and a final action sequence that made Transformer's look like an incoherent mess.
  95. May 4, 2012
    This is an incredible film! There wasn't a single point in the film that I didn't enjoy. Plenty of action and brilliant one liners, plus some unexpected laughs. The build up of the individual characters becoming the Avengers was really well done, and I quite like the fact that Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) got a fair amount of screen time amongst the biggerThis is an incredible film! There wasn't a single point in the film that I didn't enjoy. Plenty of action and brilliant one liners, plus some unexpected laughs. The build up of the individual characters becoming the Avengers was really well done, and I quite like the fact that Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) got a fair amount of screen time amongst the bigger names. I didn't recognise Mark Ruffalo from any other films, but he does a great Banner/ Hulk, possibly even better than Edward Norton!

Even if you haven't seen any of the other Avenger 'intro' films, and aren't a huge fan of comics, this is a must see film! Loads of action and comedy for everyone to enjoy themselves.
  96. May 7, 2012
    The best of the Marvel Superhero movies so far. The movie does a great job giving each guy a good moment. It's nice to see this movie FINALLY come together and be really good.
  97. May 16, 2012
    There is a reason why The Avengers is setting box office records, because its an awesome movie.

I am a long time Avengers comic book fan, I even have an Avengers Annual #1 from 1968. The movies gets a little long winded in the middle as the group comes together. But when things get rolling, they "really" get rolling. In previous Marvel movies the heros have been under utilized. The

The movies gets a little long winded in the middle as the group comes together. But when things get rolling, they "really" get rolling. In previous Marvel movies the heros have been under utilized. The Avengers breaks those bonds so that the heros can do their job.
  98. May 21, 2012
    How can people say terrible things about this movie? I know there are flaws in the film. But most of the problems are created by hipsters of critics who want to seem cool but instead, end up looking like **** who don't even know what the f*ck they're talking about. The film is an exciting roller coaster ride from start to finish. And when there isn't action going on, there is eitherHow can people say terrible things about this movie? I know there are flaws in the film. But most of the problems are created by hipsters of critics who want to seem cool but instead, end up looking like **** who don't even know what the f*ck they're talking about. The film is an exciting roller coaster ride from start to finish. And when there isn't action going on, there is either great humor or fantastically done character development. There is no reason you shouldn't be going to see this movie. And anyone who sees Battleship instead of this, is dead to me. Expand
  99. Aug 7, 2012
    Amazing, this movie was by far one of my favorite super hero movies, even though the plot was a little basic, the relationship between Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk was awesome. It's not like any of them were left out either, they all served a purpose, they all were in it just as much as everyone else. The Avengers was everything I had hoped for, an awesome funnyAmazing, this movie was by far one of my favorite super hero movies, even though the plot was a little basic, the relationship between Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk was awesome. It's not like any of them were left out either, they all served a purpose, they all were in it just as much as everyone else. The Avengers was everything I had hoped for, an awesome funny actionpacked blockbuster movie that will stand the test of time. Joss Whedon who cowrote toy story was set to direct this and I have to say he did a fantastic job. The action scenes were amazing, the acting was off the charts and this was just great. An outstanding movie. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.