7.9

1. Sep 8, 2014
    This is the best superhero movie ever made. Joss Wheadon did a nearly flawless job. The character and story development is superb. It has huge impacts for all characters. There are rarely movies like this with no weak scenes. Bonus points for the villain. Watching Loki is just delicious. He enjoys being the evil guy.
  2. Aug 31, 2014
    With Joss Whedon at the helm, I expected much more. To bring all of The Avengers together in a single film is no easy task; nevertheless, I cannot help but feel as though it could've been better executed.
  3. Aug 24, 2014
    I've seen this movie four time by now, so I think it is time for some kind of review. (One of said viewings was in 3D, my first ever, and I must say I much more prefer the old-fashioned 2D version since 3D made the action scenes - especially the Hulk - appear very blurry and threatened to give me a bit of a headache.

As a fan of the previous Marvel movies, the last of which I checked
    out in order to enjoy the Avengers experience to the fullest (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America), I appreciated the finer points of story telling and jokes that took a lot from the other parts in the series. There were plenty of references, I think, and I cannot imagine how well some of the jokes land or character chemistries work without prior knowledge of what they're based on.

I haven't read the comics (although I fully intend to get my hands on them somehow), so I cannot say how "accurate" this was (or any of the previous films), but all I can say is that the cast chosen to play this unruly team of Earth's Mightiest Heroes is fantastic. I'm a Tony Stark fangirl, no denying it, but damn! the others really don't make me yawn with boredom and wait for Robert Downey Jr.'s next appearance on screen: they stand very well on their own. Period.

And Mark Ruffalo IS the Hulk. Period on that too. Watching him twist his hands and smile and try to back away into the shadows is adorable and in a way breath-taking in its own way, because we all know what's lurking inside him, and it's almost a shame when he turns into a green rage monster. Almost...

Perhaps the best feature to the movie is indeed the strife between the heroes, who are not compatible in the slightest, but as heroes tend to, they work together pretty well to avert a crisis when they face one together. Still, the classic fights between team-mates almost beat seeing them destroy a few (hundred) enemies.

The camera work, set design, lighting and colors are all perfect. They create a world, a very real one, and give it its own signature. The music, too, when you notice it, melts perfectly to the background, other than in those moments when it rises higher, giving the scene more depth, more kick.

Tom Hiddleston as Loki is, for a lack of a better word, a bit disturbed, but executes his part as a villain pretty well. He's determined, and he is one step ahead of the team the whole time, although the petulant child is peeking out from between his teeth every now and then, waiting to be allowed to throw a temper tantrum. And it works.

The story progresses nicely, weaving the heroes together (the only small minus is Thor's rather sudden appearance, and although we can see where it's coming from, and dragging it out may have not worked very well, it still seems like a shortcut).

There's plenty of humor, for which I love Joss Whedon; this reminds me a lot of his movie "Serenity", with its pace and light-heartedness, but total seriousness as well. It's a fine balance, and it absolutely works.

All in all... this is fast rising to be one of those movies I wouldn't mind seeing several times a year, or perhaps a month, just to keep the smiles and laughs coming.
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    The Avengers is witty, intense and very entertaining, I loved every second of it, and every character of it stroke my heart and I was into their situation. I regret not seeing this in theaters.
  5. Aug 15, 2014
    All the adventure you could possibly ask for from a multitude of super heroes...even Harry Dean Stanton has a cameo..Loki is the stand out shine....Love him...
  6. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Avengers did exactly what it supposed to.. lay down the foundation of what was the Avengers to movie audiences everywhere. We have chemistry from all our beloved superheroes, a charismatic villain and of course great action and humour.

Sure the story was average and cliched, and I can understand if people thought this was overrated/overhyped (especially since I was one of the person who used to bleat that, and probably still will depending on the context) but it's main strength was seeing the superheroes interract and nothing felt out of a character. When we see characters such as Captain America and Iron Man argue, it truly shows how different the superheroes are from each other and why such strong personalities conflict. They both come from different eras.

We see Captain America perform as leader in the climax well and Loki's manipulation. Black Widow and Nick Fury having more of a central role was done well, and you truly felt like tit was an Avengers Movie.

Joss Whedon did a superb job entangling these superheroes together and I cannot wait for the sequel.
  7. Aug 8, 2014
    The Avengers es una película en la que algunos momentos se torna fastidiosa, pero sin embargo ofrece unos grandes efectos visuales y da un buen espectáculo, por lo tanto tampoco hay que decir que la película es mala.
  8. Aug 6, 2014
    Aburridísima. Pensé que no estaría mal juntar a tantos superhéroes pero el resultado fue una película con una primera hora llena de diálogos vacíos y chistes tontos (que alguien le pegue un tiro ya a thor y hulk, pensaba yo) y una segunda hora de acción que solo demuestra que lo único bueno de la peli son sus efectos. ¿En serio os gusta esto?
    Películas para niños pequeños... Marvel las ha
    hecho mejores. Desastrosa. Expand
  9. Aug 5, 2014
    Great special effects and action, weak plot and the use of an already estabelished villian. Also at about the one hour mark the film slows down to a crawl so it can get everyone together and bicker. As strong as Tom Hildeston is as Loki, i was kind of disappointed to see him as the primary villian for half the movie. There is a huge amount of Avengers villiany through out the comics that could have been tapped into, but Whedon chose to go in the driection of generic space creatures instead. The movie does make good use of humor and its probably the most accessible marvel movie yet. Expand
  10. Aug 3, 2014
    Probably the most fun you will ever have watching a film, The Avengers is one on the list along with The Dark Knight as one of the best superhero movies out there. The film's characters are absolutely great, the action is amazing, and the film has enough humor to have you laugh more than a few times. The only downside is that the story isn't too much and isn't very memorable. Besides that, the films grabs your favorite superheroes to make one of the best action movies you will ever see. Expand
  11. Aug 2, 2014
    This movie is the best there is :) i'm so impressed how josh did this. my favorite so far. Go and watch it, even if your not a fan of marvels movies. i think i'm going to see it again now ;) take care
  12. Jul 30, 2014
    The Avengers is an fantastic movie with great amount action and a wonderful story, and I'm especially amazed by the music and the special effects!

Another thing that's great about The Avengers is the opening scene, which truly is exiting and thrilling. I found this movie highly entertaining, because it's so damn good and unique, and it's packed with great actors and the movie overall is
    cool and touching. The negative thing about The Avengers is that the tempo is a little to slow at some places, but also that there are some scenes that's not so original, because some scenes looks like they might have taken from other movies (like Transformers). But except for that is The Avengers truly fascinating!

An amazing film from Marvel, but with to much slow scenes (and boring conversations).

The Avengers gets a 8.7/10
  13. Jul 29, 2014
    An enjoyable Marvel movie, overall. Stunning CGI effects and lots of action are nothing new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The star-studded cast is absolutely delightful and Josh Whedon truly creates a spectacle. There are plenty of fight sequences, funny scenes, intelligent lines and chemistry between the actors. But in the end, it is pretty unclear what the film wants to say except for tearing New York City down. In any case, it's all about action, and the film clearly succeeds in delivering it. Expand
  14. Jul 29, 2014
    Hmmm somebody forgot to inform the US Army that New York was under air attack!
    For a movie made in 2012, US Air Fighters should have been included c'mon ;)
    But great movie overall and funny!
  15. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט הכי יפה של במארוול יוניברס עד כה, סרט ממש מהנה ומבדר כדאי לראות. במיוחד למי שאוהב סרטי גיבורי על ימות על הסרט הזה. אבל חבל שהוא לא יותר מסרט קיץ כיפי
  16. Jun 17, 2014
    The wait is over, and it was worth it! "Avengers" brings one of the best scripts ever, brings full exciting action scenes, spectacular laughable comedy and one of the best cast ever!
  17. Jun 3, 2014
    Directed by Joss Whedon, Marvel’s The Avengers is an action-packed movie. Although the back stories for each superhero are lengthy and make it hard-to-follow at times for those not well-versed with the classic Marvel comics, the plot line is entertaining and draws the viewer in, as if they are fighting alongside the heroes.
    The story begins with the Tesseract, a cube that provides energy
    that could be the energy source to power everything, being stolen from the S.H.I.E.L.D. agency, lead by Nick Fury, by Loki, Thor’s evil stepbrother. While the Tesseract is being stolen, Loki turns Hawkeye and the doctor into his “evil minions”. Desperate times call for desperate measures and Fury calls out to Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow and Captain America. Thor joins later after trying to get Loki to give back the Tesseract on his own means. This combination of heroes leads to a lot of personality clashes and egotistical fighting. Will they defeat Loki and get back the Tesseract or will they continue to fight over trivial differences and allow the world to be destroyed?
    This movie has literary value and has a positive impact. Based on the comics, it brings superheroes back to the forefront since comics are not as popular as they once were. The elaborate character development throughout the comics and other movies makes the superheroes and villains dynamic and intriguing characters. They may be “super”, but they are more similar to “regular” people than is blatant. How can a person dislike a hero like Captain America who is a super soldier designed to give him a second chance and a future? Or the Hulk who tried to save someone else and got the full blast of radiation, which makes it impossible for him to hide the anger everyone keeps inside?
    Themes and motifs explode from the movie like the powerful blasts of the Tesseract itself. There is always the cliché good vs. evil struggle that all superhero movies showcase. The interesting combination of powerful personalities in the movie shows how people can put aside their differences and unite for a common goal, regardless of how big the differences may seem. Lastly, the motif of which superheroes are superior is present amidst the arguments. Some argue that superheroes like Thor who were “born that way” are the best, while the idea that anyone can be a superhero (like Iron Man who used his money and intelligence to make a super suit) are more inspiring. Then there are experimental superheroes like Captain America and “mistakes” like the Hulk (or Spider-man who is not in this movie).
    Overall, the movie is not my personal favorite, mostly because I was raised playing with Barbie’s instead of action figures so my lack of understanding got in the way of enjoying the movie. However, the movie is still very great for what it is, which is why I will give it an eight out of 10 rating.
  18. Jun 1, 2014
    The Avengers is directed by Joss Whedon. It is about many Marvel comic superheroes having to join forces to fight against evil. Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow must work together to fight against Thor’s adopted brother, Loki, and his army. Thor affects the story by having sympathy towards Loki. No one could just kill Loki because of his relationship with Thor. Captain America always wanted to have a plan of what to do. He is “old-school” compared to the other heroes, but changes the story by coming up with plans that were best for his team. The Hulk is the “muscle” out of the group. He helped teach the other heroes the art of self-control which affected what the others did in the film. Iron man was the most confident out of the group. His confidence played mind games with Loki, which poked holes into his evil plan. Hawkeye came later in the movie after being possessed by Loki and made part of his army. After being saved, Hawkeye wanted revenge against Loki for possessing him, which made Hawkeye more focused and accurate in battle. It changed the film by adding another member to the Avenger team to help defeat Loki’s army. Black Widow is an elite trained, Russian spy. She affected the movie by adding a female to the team, which made it more interesting and diverse. Thor’s adopted, younger brother, Loki, is the reason the superheroes must join forces. Loki’s character creates the plot for the story to take place.
    One of the themes for this work is that teamwork is harder than it appears. All these characters have their separate lives, towns, and villains to fight. They’ve single handedly defeated their opponents and have been praised for it. They have never had to work together with someone as equally powerful as themselves to defeat evil. Bringing independent personalities together makes this theme effective. Their independence makes it harder for them to work together. The team must learn to acknowledge their individual skills and compromise with each other throughout the film to be successful. This main idea is different and groundbreaking. Bringing together superheroes from separate stories and combining them into one unstoppable team is mind blowing. It changes all their stories to impact where they can know each other, and maybe even appear in each other’s separate movies. It creates a bridge between all of them and their lives.
    Some amusing quotes that stood out to me were:
    Captain America: “Hulk… smash.” Captain America said this when directing everyone on what to do and where to go. Captain American believed in having a plan and also using what skills you have to offer. This is my favorite quote because the Hulk always screams it in his other movies and it made me laugh.
    Loki: “I have an Army!”
    Iron Man: “We have a Hulk.” Iron Man was trying to be witty and play with Loki’s mind. This quote showed that Iron Man admired the Hulk’s strength and displayed his confidence in his team and its members.
    The film appealed to me in an emotional way, because it made me root for the good guys to win and defeat evil to save the world once again. The team uses all their powers to save the world threatened by Loki.
    The movie is rated a 9 because it was action-packed with the characters displaying many different personalities. The good guys win in the end, but the plot was slow in some parts of the story.
  19. May 24, 2014
    First time watching the Avengers i was amazed, astonished and dazzled by the fact that Marvel manged to create an avengers film; Second time watching through the film, again im amazed at how good the film is and how much better it is compared to over superhero films; Third time, its an ok film, the acting is good, the action is good, but i feel as if something is missing; FOURTH **** TIME, what the **** what is the plot of the film, why is the main story so boring, damn why is captain america under used, why are all the characters very shallow and boring, why is the only good thing about the film the fact that the Action sequences are spectacular and seeing all those hero's on the screen amazing.

I rest my case, The Avengers is a above average film that managed to trick people in to thinking that it was Awesometacular.
  20. May 11, 2014
    Although, The Avengers is an entertaining, blockbuster, popcorn flick. It's not really too much more than that. It appears as though it's a film for 10 year olds. The plot is weak and there is nothing that really keeps you fixed to the screen. From an artistic perspective, The Avengers certainly wouldn't rank high in my books.
  21. May 4, 2014
    The Avengers: 6/10 "Correcta"

Una buena película que tiene como principal virtud juntar a varios superhéroes de Marvel con éxito,pero no tiene una buena historia y por momentos se siente muy monótona.
  22. May 4, 2014
    Overhyped but a fun ride none the less. it is fantastic to get to see all these heroes together on the big screen. However even with the super lame villain Loki, the avengers never crosses to lame.
  23. Apr 19, 2014
    I'll be the fist to admit that the plot was a little weak BUT! This is a fanboys wet dream. What I've been waiting years to witness! As a proud Marvel comics nerd, I never had any doubt in my mind about this one. Ever since Marvel Studios began it's journey making films in house, which started with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, it has been nothing but great. The room for creative writing and directing is limitless. Mark Ruffalo delivers the best portrayal of Bruce Banner/ Hulk on film, PERIOD! The balanced screen time each of these crucial characters receives is flawlessly pulled off by Joss Whedon! What Marvel Studios has done with the cinematic universe has forever changed the course of film and has raised the bar pretty dang high. (Take note, Fox and WB/DC) There are enough laughs, action and emotional moments that will satisfy the casual moviegoers and fanboys alike. Expand
  24. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before seeing this film, I'm going to be honest I wasn't a big fan of this Marvel Cinematic Universe, not to say I didn't like it I just didn't care for it. You see when I first saw Iron Man, it liked it well (of course I like it a lot more now) but later on I didn't care for Iron Man 2 (and honestly I'm still not a fan of that sequel). Later on I never saw The Incredible Hulk, I liked Thor and I thought the first Captain America was alright but I still just wasn't digging the series that much, so I didn't go into The Avengers film expecting to love it, but I had a blast. It was amazing, seeing all these Marvel heroes together. It was cool seeing them interact and it was even kind of funny at times like when Iron Man fought with Thor and other things. I also like Loki, he was a really awesome antagonist, he had that cool blend of looking strong yet weak at the same time which was especially awesome when Hulk beats the crap out of him! The action was also cool, the special effects were cool, kind of Transformers-ish, but cool! I loved The Avengers! It got me more into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I even enjoy the older films a little better, I also enjoy there later films and I am really looking forward to 2015 when The Avengers 2 comes out! The Avengers is a blast, it's probably my favorite Super Hero movie ever. Expand
  25. Mar 24, 2014
    I think the optimal film does not know why not won any Oscars worthy because it had History, cast, special effect of exellent quality, although not so the best thing to have your movie special effect I thought it was good because you make a film heroine and not will place special effect, I think they put emseu comedy film, and mixed with action.
  26. Mar 8, 2014
    The problem I see in this movie was the theme, which is not very well designed, and were supposed to be more. It has lots of action and stunning visuals, but only enough, in my opinion, this 6.
  27. Mar 4, 2014
    A rather simple plot is elevated greatly by slick, stylish and witty dialogue and script. It's also worth noting that Whedon in a few scenes cleverly avoids contrivance, which seems to be a staple and almost a cliche nowadays for superhero movies. Overall, this films lives up to its hype and it's definitely up there for one of my favourite action movies.
  28. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch one of the most overrated piece of entertainment since call of duty, The Avengers. Watch one of the most forgettable superhero/ action movie of 2012. See one of the most basic story plots rip off other popular moments from other films E.g. The Dark Knight, Transformers, Star Wars and Power ranger? Watch the film that has terrible character development for all the characters except Tony Stark. See one of the worst Hulks and the worst actor to play Bruce Banner "Christ i almost mistook it for the BFG, i mean what the hell happened to Ed Norton". Watch how all these super hero movies can do what Christopher Nolan can do in just one film. "My god how the hell did this get so many good ratings". Expand
  29. Feb 24, 2014
    Great fun! Mark Ruffalo as Hulk totally owns Eric Bana's poor performance and also surpassess Norton's Hulk. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow... oh dead God that leather suit.. I don't need to talk about it no more.. Just watch this movie if you want a great popcorn flick.
  30. Feb 16, 2014
    Since this genre is never my first choice, I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked and enjoyed "The Avengers". The film didn't aim for anything deep and ambiguous, it was just pure fun and enjoyment; a great blockbuster movie and a great superhero movie. The choreography in the action scenes was well stylized, cinematography was nice and clean, and the humor was witty and actually humorous. I would recommend it to both Marvel fans and other people. Expand
  31. Feb 14, 2014
    The Godfather Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thus Far.
    The Characters Are Flawlessly Acted, The Script Is Brilliant, & It Can Make Anyone Feel Marvelous.
  32. Feb 13, 2014
    The Avengers is possibly the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It kept me on the edge of my seat nearly the entire movie! The Avengers tied up every prequel that came before it which I really liked. I bought the movie for Blu-Ray and watch it nearly every time I get the chance to. The Avengers keeps me wrapped up in the mysteries and funny moments.
  33. Feb 3, 2014
    Perfect example of an overrated movie. The saying "Less is more" applies here. There are too many super heroes in this film and none of them are used appropriately. The movie is also much longer than it needs to be. It never seems to end and for most of it, it is boring and forgettable. By the time the real action begins, you're already more than 3/4s into the film. This is a dumb stupid popcorn movie featuring a dumb stupid team of superheroes. Ironman on his own or Hulk on his own are great but throw them in with goody two shoes Captain America whose character is flat, boring and lifeless or Mr. Bulging Biceps Thor who isn't a super hero at all (He's a mythical God. Next time, the Avengers should recruit Zeus or Jesus Christ) and is the beefed up equivalent of Brandan Frasier's boy in a bunker and its just gets sloshed around into a muddled mess. Expand
  34. Feb 1, 2014
    Mala muy sobre valorada, Joss Whedon puede ser bue guionista pero como director deja mucho que desear, la película es decepcionante y todos parecen niños desesperados por esta película. Una historia muy simple.
  35. Jan 15, 2014
    Whoa, this movie is unquestionably a "Must Watch" for all Marvelites around the globe. This film features a unique combination of Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk and one of the most loved and awesome villains, Loki! Joss Whedon should be the face of Marvel! I'd love it if the Avengers 2 included Spider-Man!
  36. Jan 11, 2014
    Cool, funny, beautiful and interesting. Director Joss Whedon managed to completely different characters to combine them into one command so that each would not take over the movie.

The Avengers 2012 blockbuster best and best movie Marvel comics. Stark Tony / Iron Man excellent jokes. Loki turned out very cool villain. The other characters are also good. In the film, excellent special
    effects, cool action, a great cast and funny jokes. Expand
  37. Jan 6, 2014
    Well let's everybody enjoy ourselves with a quality superhero flick that is... In its first multiple superhero team-up, executed nearly flawlessly. Consider the many opportunities that this movie had a chance to create gaping plot holes, only to be masterfully minimized by Whedon and his team.
  38. Jan 3, 2014
    this film just works. each marvel hero is woven into the story seamlessly, and the script sparkles with their interplay. it is essentially a classic comic book movie so the story doesn't really hold up, but hell, it's damn entertaining and has some very funny moments.
  39. Dec 30, 2013
    If Marvel had made several unconnected movies of various superheroes, it would have been sufficient. By making them all part of one massive universe- and capping it off with this studio masterpiece- they created a legend. I loved The Avengers because it didn't try to be anything more than what it was: a pulse-pounding thrill ride complete with epic action sequences, solid acting, vibrant special effects, and a whole lot of gut-busting humor. A prime example of entertainment at its highest level. Expand
  40. Dec 30, 2013
    The action is extremely well done, and fortunately there are a couple of interesting characters on screen (Tony Stark [Ironman], Steve Rogers [Cpt. America]) to provide a bit more. Otherwise, we're talking about a completely cartoony plot, with one dimensional (at best) characters (how hard was it to make *Loki* interesting?!), and junior-high grade dialog.
  41. Dec 22, 2013
    Special effects, explosions, men and women in tight clothing, building on the franchise. It's your average superhero movie, what can I say. I'm biased, for sure, I don't mind Marvel's movieverse(s) and have grown attached to their cinematic versions of the heroes I had originally been introduced to through the comics. If you're either an avid and loyal fan of the original comic books or not much of a Marvel fan at all, it's probably a movie you can go without watching. Knowing more about the characters beforehand definitely adds sentimental appeal and perhaps provides more entertainment; it's a hunk of fanboy/girl material and clever marketing. Expand
  42. Dec 21, 2013
    Why all the hate it's a fun movie to watch featuring some of the hottest stars alive it actually gets better with each time viewing and I'm NOT a fan of comics
  43. Dec 17, 2013
    A fun ride. Favorite parts were the physics ideas in action scenes. Least favorite part was the lack of focus, how everything just kept moving on so fast you never really got to reflect about anything. Also, the setup with the energy source that is also super dangerous reminded me of The Dark Knight Rises and I had overall seen a lot of the ideas before. The movie could have established sympathy with the heroes or with civilians, instead it asks you to automatically feel for humanity or New York or whatever. I honestly didn't, so it never crossed over into an emotionally engaged territory. But yeah, it's fun I guess. Expand
  44. Dec 16, 2013
    The Avengers is definitely one extremely fun movie. It doesn't transcend the genre's storytelling limits like Nolan's Batman trilogy did, but the whole thing probably would have collapsed trying to do this anyways. Instead it smartly embraces the lunacy of comic books rather than try to reject it. This means that the film becomes a little to silly at times, but it also allows it to be built from the ground up as a gigantic showcase for an array of very exciting action set pieces. It's definitely not a very deep or thought provoking film, but it's elevated well above the average explosion fest by its style, sense of fun, more than solid visual effects, and well established, albeit somewhat cartoony and overly flamboyant, characters. It's one of the most entertaining superhero movies out there. Expand
  45. Dec 15, 2013
    Una cagada, aburrida por momentos, las peleas son flojas, sin EPICA sin EMOCIÓN una mierda en general. Fue muy sobre valorada. La gente es ciega, salí del cine re decepcionado.
  46. Dec 13, 2013
    It has to be pretty hard to do a movie with all these super heroes together and not do a horrible movie. So if only because it´s not a disaster by any means I give it a pass with a score of 5 out of 10. Apart from that the movie is not impacting or emotional or emotive or anything. It just keep you entertained while it lasts. But you quickly forget about it the moment it is over. Not impressive at all. Batman or Spiderman movies have so much more emotional content and lasting impact, just to give two examples. The thing that should be unquestionable is the great visual effects, but even that becomes not that impressive only a year later, when we had in 2013 several blockbusters doing it better and bigger, especially Star Trek into Darkness and Man of Steel (the most epic action in a super hero movie to date). Not even the score is especially good or something like in Nolan´s Batman or Man of Steel cases. Really forgettable no matter how much money it did thanks to the normal publicity generated by putting all these super heros together. Expand
  47. Dec 13, 2013
    I can't find a single reason to give this movie a 9.This is perfect film certainly the best movie of the year for me.The characters are great and the last battle true epicness that you can't get enough.Our culture is much richer and glorius with this movie at our hands.
  48. Dec 10, 2013
    Decepcionante, es una adaptación bastante fría, sin emoción no eh visto nada EPICO en esta película, su tono infantil la caga un poco. La expectativa fue mucha y termino siendo una decepción total.
  49. Dec 8, 2013
    A get together of superheroes should have been set more entertainingly. When you don't have a story good enough, even a lot of superheroes fail to keep you hooked. The Aviator might have sounded exciting on paper, but what I watched was a let-down. I take consolation in knowing that it worked out for the majority of its audience (purely going by the ratings shown here). Can't wait for the sequel!!! With all due respect, 1/5 sounds fair enough for the experience. Miss the good old days wherein I can picture myself enjoying this sort of movie. Expand
  50. Dec 7, 2013
    I had never thought that I would see this kind of movie-franchise team up, and I have to congratulate Marvel for doing something that is now being copied by Sony and Fox (with their Spiderman and X-Men franchises). I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? What? Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. The car chase in the beginning is boring. I personally think it's overrated. I liked Loki, but he and his army seem pretty weak. I just didn't enjoy this movie. HowevervI like the action.

Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

(P.S, you may have seen this review by me under "andrewgarcia 732". I can't get into my old account and have started new one.

As always, If you liked or didn't like this review, you can read my other ones and mark this review as helpful.)
  51. Nov 29, 2013
    The truth is that neither film excited me at any time, lacks epic, awesome and it was very overrated. The truth donot like people I went crazy for this movie.
  52. Nov 27, 2013
    He did not like much. I expected much better. The film was highly overrated, no epic, no emotion, nothing was a cinch. People are very rare, then criticize the serious films like Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises, the truth is that this is awesome.
  53. Nov 24, 2013
    I was wondering how they could've ben able to have done it, especially since I was hyped for it for years. As it seems, I was let down by a couple of things, but the action and the story were what kept me siting there. Overall, it was worth the wait.
  54. Nov 18, 2013
    I expected MUCH more from this movie, I could see a story in this film that really convinced me. I saw more special effects. El personaje de Iron Man, solo arrogancia, no se como les gusta a muchos, una mierda de pelicula
  55. Nov 17, 2013
    This Is My Favourite Movie, The Action Is Fun, The Humor is Funny, Just A Really Extremely Awesome Movie Check it Out Seriously Do So Right Now.... NOW!
  56. Nov 13, 2013
    Probably one of the finest Marvel movies released (behind the first Iron Man of course). Joss Whedon's ability to bring several characters into one picture truly translates well.
  57. Nov 6, 2013
    The Nuclear Bomb Of Awesomeness & Excitement
    **The Avengers**

* If this movie fails to bring you the Awesomeness & Wonderful Excitement Then you wont get those things in any movies which you see in future The Avengers the movie which stood as pinnacle for delivering such Awesomeness & Excitement which you would never have expected Basically the movie consist of major MARVEL
    characters such as Iron Man,Hulk & Thor with each characters having movie of their own in different perspective.In this movie they are all brought back together without changing any of their contents from their origin movies.These movies which has been a building blocks for the development of the avengers Packing these huge movies putting their contents into one package would surely create a mess to handle such complicated task of displaying multiple attributes of different films and their characters is not an easy task to be handled with But Director And Screen play writer Joss Whedon has done an amazing & fantastic job of handling those issues and developing these characters to a new level not only that but developed their attributes to a new level as well its shows how talented and skillful joss whedon really is The screen play is fantastic in this movie every characters interaction with one another is spectacular its show how well the script has been written.In this movie most important thing is that every major characters have enough screen time to play and its brilliant considering the characters importance in this film All actors in this movie has given their amazing performance each and every actors in this movie needs to be applauded for their performance they were all simple,humors & displayed their acting with such elegance which you cannot find any fault!. In category of action its ""SPECTACULAR""every fighting scene in this movie is worth watching many times its very awesome seeing your heroes fighting in big screen .Action sequence in this film is simply "AMAZING". My thanks to special effects department they did an amazing job of bringing EARTH MIGHTIEST HEROES in big screen. Overall this movie will make you filled with Excitement and Awesomeness to the end .Simply to put in one word its "EPIC".." A Must Watch Movie "!.

THE AVENGERS **********

(10/10) Stars
  58. Nov 4, 2013
    I have been waiting a long time to see this movie. And I'm going to start off by saying that "The Avengers" is incredible. The action scenes are spectacularly exciting, with excellent use of visuals and CGI. One of my favorite scenes was when the camera spins around the superheroes because that was epic. This could well be one of the best summer blockbusters ever made.
  59. Oct 19, 2013
    avengers is a good superhero movie that entertains enough, marvel managed to make several characters become the center of the story, not the best superhero movie of all time but it deserves to be seen.
  60. Oct 19, 2013
    I hate how marvel shows their heroes today, very violent and taking so many lives. they are too brutal and it's hard to view them as heroes especially when a huge part of marvel's fan base are children. They are viewed as gods and its ridiculous that they just take a life at will. Another thing that I hate is marvel is just being a copycat with this movie. With Loki purposely getting captured like the joker in the dark knight then destroying the air base from within just like how joker destroyed the police station. Another thing is the whole destroy the mothership and kill the whole army this is copied from Battle L.A. And Star Wars the phantom menace. Marvel is just a mediocre copycat company. They should be more original with the wonderful characters that they have. Expand
  61. Oct 6, 2013
    I had been waiting to watch this movie, as it looked cool enough. I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? Awesome! Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. I mean what good superhero movie starts with a pretty boring car chase and bland dialogue/scripts? I personally think it's pretty overrated. Cliched, predictable and shallow. I liked Loki though and liked the superheros fighting aliens.

However, there's also a lot of mistakes with the plot. For example, while Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America are fighting, they leave Loki, their supervillain prisoner unattended. Also, SHIELD's entire Heli-Carrier is almost destroyed by one freaking arrow. All of The Avengers talk and pretend to have ear pieces even though they don't have any. Also, the Chitauri are nothing like they are in the comics. (And there's that annoying bickering between characters...) Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

If you like this review, read my other ones and mark this as helpful.
  62. Sep 21, 2013
    The Avengers is a solid effort to combine some very powerful heroes into a single storyline. There are some elements that aren't perfect, including an unusually irritating Tony Stark. Loki chews the scenery and lights up every scene he's in.
  63. Sep 20, 2013
    For the most part, the Avengers was solid, and it kept me entertained; which is the sole purpose, right? The star-studded cast was all there, ready to make a great action movie. Some parts even made me laugh, more than I expected. I like Colbie Smulders, who played Agent Maria Hill, since she plays Robin on How I Met Your Mother. But, I think we all have to admit, she didn't only get the part for her amazing acting talents. We all know she 's pretty. Expand
  64. Sep 20, 2013
    "The Avengers" was probably one of the most exhilarating movies I have ever watched. It creative mix of characters and its unstoppable action is as epic as it can be. The only slight downside of it is its relatively simple plot, but it is an action movie, and it's large budget is mostly for enhancing that. I am pretty sure that the sequel scheduled for 2015 is a movie that I will watch.
  65. Aug 24, 2013
    Enough action to go with the plot, which is remarkably sensible and it's pacing get's to the main point quickly. The depth of each characters personalities (especially those of Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr.) interrelate to create this energetic tone to the film. It's and eye popping extravaganza.
  66. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.2] It's by far the best Marvel movie since the original Iron Man movie, and just as much fun. Colorful characters, a likable cast, and outstanding production. There's not much I don't like about this movie.
  67. Aug 23, 2013
    The Avengers at first dissapointed me, but it grew on me. The film gradually builds up from being boring and full of emotionless events and non-exciting action to an extremely exciting climax, the middle of the film was suspence filled build up to the climax near the end. The near-end climax of the story and action did not dissapoint me, as it was one of the most exciting group of scenes in all movies. The acting and character building was great in this film; although the story wasn't the best, it was pretty darn good and certainly kept me watching but the story wasn't the only thing keeping me watching... The action was non-stop and incredibly exciting throughout the last 50 minutes, it made me smile to see all of the characters work together to save the citizens of New York and, well, the world.
    Although The Avengers starts blandly and boringly, it gradually builds up to an incredibly exciting climax; The Avengers may not be the best super hero film I've seen, but it's still very good and definetely deserves to be watched around the world. So I give this film a... 87/100!
  68. Aug 22, 2013
    Man, where to begin...this is one of my favorite movies of the last 12 years. This movie exceeded my expectations. The cast could not have been picked better. RDJ did a phenomenal job as Tony Stark as he always does, Chris Evans redeemed himself from the Fantastic Four with Captain America and came back with a vengeance here. Chris Hemsworth, well done. Jeremy Renner, didn't know him until this movie. Damn. And what can I say about Mark Ruffalo? Best damn Bruce Banner portrayal since Lou Ferigno. WELL done! The plot was fluid, it made sense, it was engaging, gripping and didn't lose my attention at all. The fact that they connected every movie before it together to make this: Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk. Amazing idea and it worked perfectly. This is as close to a perfect Marvel action film as there can be. Expand
  69. Aug 8, 2013
    I walked into the theater expecting something great and I couldn't wait to finally see what everyone was raving about. I was disappointed. Though the action scenes were exciting and the character played by Tom Hiddleson was pleasing, the dialogue throughout the movie was terrible and forced. It seemed like the scenes that wasn't accompanied by fighting was boring and uneventful. This movie had a great story line and plot but failed to be put together correctly. Expand
  70. Aug 6, 2013
    Incredibly cliched, predictable and shallow. - No tension or suspense. - Cheesy one liners. - Not a shred of seriousness or genuine emotion. - Lame main villain. - Little to no character development. - Annoying bickering between characters. - Repetitive, linear, predictable, and ridiculous plot that features Loki repeatedly escaping from the avengers. - Bits of humor. - Good performance from Robert Downey Jr.
    - Good action and special effects.

Could be one of the most overrated movies of all-time! The second time that I watched it, I fell asleep about an hour into it. It's not a horrible movie, but it's definitely NOT a perfect 10/10. The first Ironman and Captain America were much more logical and had more dimensions to their plots.
    THIS IS FAR FROM A PERFECT MOVIE.
  71. Aug 5, 2013
    The Avengers 9/10.....................................................................................................................................
  72. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was absolutely incredible, it had the right amount of explosive action, it was hysterical, everything the perfect superhero movie movie needs and what superhero fans want and then some times six. The Avengers in one word was simply "marvel"ous!
  73. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was a great movie one of the best movies of all time it was a dream to see all those characters on the screen at one time. The fight scenes were epic and the cast was excellent it was a really great movie.
  74. Jul 28, 2013
    Melhor filme de super-heróis/ação de todos os tempos, sem sombra de dúvida e esse filme não tem como enjoar já assisti ele 3 vezes seguidas sem cansar, sempre que não tenho nada pra fazer vejo ele, já vi mais vezes do que consigo contar e ainda vejo.
  75. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a fantastically made movie, with incredible acting and visuals. The dialogue is great, humorous and is almost ripped from the comics! (with the exception of Hawkeye) However when you look at the film from a normal viewers perspective, it's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, seriously the climax is very similar but in this you'll actually care! Worth a watch, will definitely not disappoint but it's no magnum opus. Expand
  76. Jul 24, 2013
    This movie is brilliant from start to finish.The villan is perfect but so are the superheroes. The last battle is entertaining as well as enthralling.
  77. Jul 24, 2013
    Rather than the Avengers It felt like the Averages, I decided to wait a while before attempting this movie and I gotta say it felt like alot of friends hyped this movie up with nothing substantial to back it up. It felt like I watched a big argument of super heroes until it was time to serious up and fight space aliens, and... thats it, no serious amounts of tension save for the taking down of the Helicarrier. Expand
  78. Jul 19, 2013
    todos los superheroes serie una peliculas de 10.00. horas sin embargo solo accion no rellena el vacio de lo monotono no es merecida de grandes cosas como son cada uno de sus heroes
  79. Jul 12, 2013
    Avengers is a great superhero flick combining the efforts of a number of superhero films and putting the leading starts together. It's slow paced at times, and rather long, but this is definitely made up for when it comes to the Action scenes, in particular towards the end. I'm still not a big Iron Man fan but he's bareable in this, but everyone else is pretty likable and they all do a great job. Overall it's clearly one for the fans but I'm not a major superhero lover and I enjoyed it too! Expand
  80. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are familiar with Whedon's stuff, then you know what to expect from this film.
    The first part of the film involves the interaction of these superhero characters: for those who have not seen the previous related films (Thor, Captain America, the Hulk and Iron Man films) this serves as an introduction to these characters, as well as insight into other lesser known heroes. For the rest of us it's a fun clash, filled with great one-liners and show of power as one tries to outdo the other. Even though this takes up half of the film it is done in a fast-paced action-filled manner that is not only far from boring (even to those of us familiar with the characters) but insightful (and funny did I mention the film is funny?).
    The second part of the film sees these characters come together to fight the common enemy. As unlikely as it seems, they find a way to not only support each other but also to acknowledge each others worth. The film manages to get all the characters have their time to shine and prove that they are indispensable to the team, which is no mean feat seeing as there are so many of them.
    The action scenes are plentiful, grand and clean, meaning that there is no wibbly-wobbly camera work or annoying quick-action blink-and-you'll-miss-it garbage.
    The plot has a few holes in it examples in the bracket following warning! spoiler alert within the brackets!
    (we hear Loki has killed at least 80 people and the Avengers continue to bicker, however when one agent dies they decide to put their differences aside?! The Hulk appears and tries to kill Black Widow, but when Toni Stark calls on him to return he is one of the Avengers?! Maybe there where explanations but I either missed them or found them a bit too thin).
    Having said that, the characters where engaging, the action plentiful and the humour marvelous so as to allow me to let such plot-holes slide. Did I mention that I really loved the humour in this film?

The acting wasn't exactly oscar-worthy (but then again neither is that of some recent oscar-winners) however it is enough to make them as believable as any comic-book character can get. The exception here is Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner/Hulk. Exceptional work, giving a quiet-storm-like quality to Bruce Banner and all the intensity needed for the Hulk.

The 3D was a bit disappointing I expected more in-your-face, duck-to-get-outta-the-way imagery, but then again maybe that was intentional, making it sure I didn't miss a scene.

Overall, a fun (did I mention how funny the film was?) action-packed film, over 2 hours long and I didn't even notice! Well worth seeing!
  81. Jul 4, 2013
    Walking out of the movie theater, all I could say was "Wow." With enough spectacle and a great story line, this is one of Marvel's greatest films to date. "The Avengers" is humorous, inventive, and uses all of the superheroes in the Avengers to creative a witty tale that uses top notch actors to deliver.
  82. Jun 28, 2013
    one of the greatest movie.I love it so much,I watched it 5 times in 5 days. Iron man is the best. ;3 Everyone should watch this movie.lol 10/10
  83. Jun 27, 2013
    The Avengers has all the traits of a Marvel movie. The protagonists are humorous and intelligent, there's a lot of actions, and it makes a lot of money in the box office. However, the Avengers takes all of these traits and amps them up. The actions is bigger and better, there are more protagonists, leading to better and funnier dialogue, and the movie is a lot more fun as a result. You'll definitely have a good time watching the Avengers. It's not a revolutionary movie, but it doesn't have to be. It's just a fun action movie that never slows down. Expand
  84. Jun 24, 2013
    Best Marvel film I've seen- and I've seen many (not that that means much to you reading this). It was overall a very good movie, funny, and yes, 'action-packed' but overall have a solid story line and well above average acting.
    It was such a comic book lover's Christmas Morning- filled to the brim with innuendo of past and future movies and comics.
    Well-enjoyed and overall... good.
  85. Jun 24, 2013
    I watched the captain america movie.I could say that i was not impressed at all but when the movie ended there was a prety good ending and even a better ending after the credits.
    That leaded me to the the avengers.
    Then i realised that captain america was just a warm up for what to come next.
    So i fired the avengers thinking that it will be an average movie just like captain america.

The result i was just blown away.This movie is a near masterpiece.Damn black widow should have been cooler but the movie is just insane.
    I recommend it as a must see
  86. Jun 20, 2013
    Although in some parts it tries too hard to be funny, The Avengers overall solidifies itself as the second best superhero flick ever (behind The Dark Knight).
    This is the ultimate film for Comic fans, and it's an amazingly good film.
  87. Jun 19, 2013
    The best action movie with superheroes. All the characters are well done and the plot is good. I liked the action scenes and i have to admit that i actually liked iron man and hulk in that film, who i don't really like them. Thumbs up for the avengers.The effects are well done too
  88. Jun 17, 2013
    Great visuals but I really can't understand all the hype for the avengers i found it entertaining no more no less it's so overrated and predictable
  89. Jun 16, 2013
    While it is a good attempt, The Avengers fails at the true essence of the superhero genre. The avengers has amazing acting yes, however they cannot help interest me in the more dramatic scenes, which are extremely slow paced and boring. Though Hulk's character was well explored, Hawkeye's character wasn't explored much and I was never interested in him. Action sequences are a pain to watch because of the poor cinematography. It just looks like the cameras are whizzing around everywhere and is an eyesore. Story is not that great either. In superhero movies, Story is worth at leas 45% of the entire movie. The story was not explained well and I couldn't care less about it. This could have been a great movie but missed a great chance of becoming one. Expand
  90. Jun 16, 2013
    In the decade it's taken to bring everything together, we've continually been promised that the Avengers would be the superhero movie to change all superhero movies and it's a damn good thing, because I really hate superhero movies. Three things made this film standout and shine over the many, many superhero films that have been released. The most obvious thing is the huge, superstar, cast. Not only is it incredibly difficult to bring a cast like this together, but to get them to work together, without getting in each others way must have been nearly impossible. Second, even though the film involves superheroes and outer space, it seems somewhat realistic to us. These heroes have families, personalities, feelings, people get hurt, and some people even die, letting us see the human side of these characters. Finally, the Direction of Joss Whedon brings it all together. Whedon has always had this unique ability to put his own style on spin on things, at first it seems strange, but ultimately we come to love it. He is such an underrated Director, who brings so much to everything he's a part of, and it's great to see him get to do a huge project like this. The Avengers was special, not only because it took a decade to make, but because if you saw all the individual movies first, like I did, you feel a connection to these guys, it's almost like you know them personally and you expect them to act in certain ways when they all come together. The individual films really built up the excitement and helped the Avengers to become a billion dollar earner at the box office. From the performances to the special effects this was once exciting, terrific movie, and may be as close to perfect as a superhero movie will ever get. Expand
  91. Jun 9, 2013
    The best superhero movie of all time. This movie is so amazing, bringing the superheroes together and forming the avengers was the perfect idea for marvel. Loki played a great villain in this movie and it was a lot of action and pretty hilarious. This movie had so much action that it was hard to take your eyes of the screen for just a second. Iron man was the most exciting thing about this movie to me. This is definitely one of my favorite movies and if you watch the extra ending of the movie it gives you a clue that Thanos will be in the next movie. Watching this movie tells you that the guardians of the galaxy will be very good. Expand
  92. Jun 6, 2013
    The story is based more on action than plot. That said, I wouldn't say the plot is bad, it's just not particularly strong. It overcomes that with great action sequences, passable acting (great in the cases of Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo), and likable characters. It's a superhero movie, so don't expect anything in depth, but it is a fun movie.
  93. Jun 6, 2013
    The Avengers. It's what they call themselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing. Yeah, takes them a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: A demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins. They have a Freakin Hulk!!

This movie is everything a comic book movie should be.
  94. Jun 3, 2013
    This was a lot of fun to watch. Not only was it action-packed but it was also hilarious. There's a lot of funny dialog and action sequences. Iron Man and the Hulk really made the movie!
  95. May 31, 2013
    As a guy who enjoys superhero movies, I have to say that The Avengers is one of the best superhero movies of all time. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Iron Man. Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic as Bruce Banner and Tom Hiddleston was amazing as Loki, who is one of my favorite super villains ever. The plot was extraordinary. Just do yourself a favor and watch this movie. Expand
  96. May 30, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie, this movie was absolutely amazing! Also, if I'm being completely honest, I went in assuming it would be another highly overrated superhero movie that couldn't like up to the hype. It definitely wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with the critics. Boy was I mistaken. Outside of the films from Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, this is easily the best superhero movie ever made. They plot developed perfectly, the action sequences were incredible, there were a lot of unexpectedly humorous scenes and dialogue, and the characters and actors were all great. One of my concerns going in was how they would possibly give each character their fair shake. Well the great Joss Whedon did a great job keeping a perfect balance between staying true to the individual characters while further introducing a developing Black Widow and Hawkeye. Another thing, Mark Ruffalo did a marvelous job as Bruce Banner. A lot of people were worried about him in that role and were upset about the change from Edward Norton. Maybe it's because I'm biased and loathe Norton but I thought Ruffalo did a better job as Banner. I wouldn't have minded them focusing a little more time on the Hawkeye character and I wouldn't have minded if they actually squeezed in Natalie Portman's character for a quick scene or two but the movie really didn't need it. I just think if you can put Portman on screen, you put Portman on screen, lol. I also wouldn't have minded if they focused a bit more on the villainous pawns and where they come from but I have a feeling we'll find out more about them in the following Avengers sequels so I can't be too upset about that. All in all, if you like superhero movies, action movies, or just kick ass movies in general, you should like this movie too. Expand
  97. May 27, 2013
    I don't like all characters, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and antagonist. Their weaon, costume, armor is very unattractive. I don't like superhero movies. They are invincible, they always win easily. That is why I love protagonist from horror movies or mafia movie, the protagonist dies or survive. Protagonist who try to survive with kitchen knife, axe, or pistol with 3 bullets, like Erin from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Expand
  98. May 24, 2013
    I love this movie. The special affects were excellent and I love how the characters have to come together and work on the same side instead of all going there own way. I hope the next movie is as good.
  99. May 22, 2013
    This movie pulls off what it is trying to do perfectly. The acting is great, the plot, while not complex, works, and the visual effects are stunning. While not as good as The Dark Knight Rises, This movie perfectly does what it set out to do. But seriously, during the last big fight, how are they talking to each other without earpieces?
  100. May 19, 2013
    This movie is terrible the story is dog and I don't see why people buzz about it I turned it off after 40 mins and Loki come on why not red skull...

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.