7.9

1. May 5, 2012
    Funniest super hero movie ever! Had a blast throughout and plan to see it again. Downey Jr. makes the film and my interest in Iron Man 3 is rejuvenated.
  2. May 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Epic! The Avengers is epic. The reason? The story can be simple, but the development is really awesome, have great elements of the comic. The characters have an awesome development, is interesting the things that Whedon do with all the cast, and now the cast, wow, is amazing, their performances are perfect, the better are Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk/Bruce Banner and Tom Hiddleston as Loki. The effects are amazing, in moments the movie is like Transformers, but no problem, becuase the effects (of Transformers) are amazing, and Michael Bay can watch some battle scenes of The Avengers for do a better movie. The soundtrack is really fantastic, and the score wow. The script is incredible, have much intelligent and funny moments, I love it. And the scene after the titles, OMG! Is epic. The Avengers is the best movie of 2012 (in this moment) I can't wait for The Avengers 2. This is the best of Marvel. Expand
  3. May 8, 2012
    Amazing movie, everything a comic/superhero fan could ask for. Joss Whedon does a great job bringing characterization to such a humongous cast in such little time. Everyone from the Hulk-Hawkeye got their moment to shine and win your heart. I can not wait for a sequel and want Joss to direct more Marvel movies.
  4. May 4, 2012
    The greatest superhero movie I have seen by far. Lots of action to be had, very funny moments throughout, and the watching all the great Marvel superheroes fight side by side and even sometimes each other was great. Seeing this at midnight, the crowd was going crazy the entire film and enjoyed so much. 10 out of 10, go see it in theaters, I know I'll be seeing it again for sure.
  5. May 7, 2012
    Huge action, huge humour, huge actors. Never seen an epic movie like this. If you love action movies or comics, you'll love The Avengers ! Simply the best Marvel movie.
  6. May 4, 2012
    After endless hype, The Avengers delivers. All the characters are full of depth and personality. The action scenes are epic. The dialogue is smart, funny, and witty. Everything fans like myself wanted in this film has happened. Not only is this the best Marvel film I've seen, its the best superhero and summer blockbuster to ever be unleashed with this much satisfaction. Go see it...NOW!
  7. May 4, 2012
    Whedon did best for this movie.Such a great and unforgettable adventure.With outstanding action scenes(better and clear than Michael Bay's Transformers)delicate sense of humor and touchable feelings.The best movie in the marvel and Marvel Universe history.My point is 100+++
  8. May 15, 2012
    First of all, the fact that the critics show a score of less than 80 for this film shows that these guys OBVIOUSLY do not know how to enjoy a good film. They spend so much time complicating knit-picky details in their nerdy little heads that it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to enjoy a TRULY GOOD film. And the fact that they rated it in the 60s screams a warning to anyone who will listen thatFirst of all, the fact that the critics show a score of less than 80 for this film shows that these guys OBVIOUSLY do not know how to enjoy a good film. They spend so much time complicating knit-picky details in their nerdy little heads that it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to enjoy a TRULY GOOD film. And the fact that they rated it in the 60s screams a warning to anyone who will listen that SOMEONE needs to take their bongs away from them at least one week prior to going to see ANY movie upon which they will be writing a review. : Expand
  9. May 8, 2012
    Great movie well written well directed and had some really cool scenes the characters where coordinated really well and the action was amazing I would certainly see this movie again in theatres
  10. May 6, 2012
    I am having trouble thinking of a movie I have ever enjoyed more. I am not having much luck though. I cant recommend this movie enough. Can't wait to see it again.
  11. May 8, 2012
    1 dimentional characters, weak plot, over the top.......
    1 dimentional characters, weak plot, over the top.......
    If this is the description of fun then give me Avengers any day. This film is fun & exciting. I've not had such a good, mindless & happy time at the piccies for a very very long time. I loved this film from start to finish. It's been a long time since I didn't want a film to end. Avengers is excellent fun, it never takes itself too seriously and has some cracking one liners and visual comedy thrown in for good measure. There's even respect for the eldest member of the team towards the end. Go and see this movie if you want to enjoy a trip to the piccies.
  12. May 8, 2012
    I was gitty about going to see the Avengers debut, and I was hopeful Whedon could pull off such a difficult task. This is basically a film where almost every one of the main heroes has been in the lead role. Just the fact that Whedon found a way to juggle these characters is amazing, and the film itself is a remarkable accomplishment on its own. With scenes seemingly torn from the comicsI was gitty about going to see the Avengers debut, and I was hopeful Whedon could pull off such a difficult task. This is basically a film where almost every one of the main heroes has been in the lead role. Just the fact that Whedon found a way to juggle these characters is amazing, and the film itself is a remarkable accomplishment on its own. With scenes seemingly torn from the comics themselves, its a blast to watch (i went to the theaters multiple times), and is the best Marvel film to date. Cannot wait for a sequel!!!

P.S. after credits scene, the second one, was hilarious. Great stuff
  13. Jan 7, 2013
    This is by far the best Marvel film released. It avoids the forced Hollywood romance plot while delivering copious amounts of Marvel fanservice. With the exception of Captain America, I feel that each of the Marvel characters had a chance to showcase their talents. Not only that, but there's a good amount of humor in this film as well.
  14. May 9, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 9.75 out of 10. Almost perfection. For sure one of the best superhero movies ever. Visuals are spectacular. It's truly a masterpiece how great this movie's visuals are. Acting is good. Everyone does a pretty good job. Story is real good. Also great script. It can be very funny. Music is real good. Overall, this is a great film that has almost everything.First off, I would give this a 9.75 out of 10. Almost perfection. For sure one of the best superhero movies ever. Visuals are spectacular. It's truly a masterpiece how great this movie's visuals are. Acting is good. Everyone does a pretty good job. Story is real good. Also great script. It can be very funny. Music is real good. Overall, this is a great film that has almost everything. It's funny, full of action, full of awesomeness, and has 100% all fun. Everyone absolutely should go see it. You'll be making a great mistake not seeing this movie. It's really a great movie. Expand
  15. May 4, 2012
    To put it simply, YES! I would have sat through five more movies like â
  16. Jun 3, 2012
    I expected something entertaining yet, cliche filled. I thought it was going to be as bad as Captain America or Thor, but SURPRISE! my mind was blown by the effects, incredible story, hilarious jokes and flawless digital effects. The movie itself is without any doubts, a master piece
  17. May 4, 2012
    This film is, quite simply, brilliant, everything I wanted from it was there, brilliant action, suspense and humour, fantastically written dialogue and a brilliant balance between all the characters, Tom Hiddlestone is even better this time round as Loki than he was in the Thor movie, much more menacing and convincing as a super villain and Mark Ruffallo is excellent in it, easily the bestThis film is, quite simply, brilliant, everything I wanted from it was there, brilliant action, suspense and humour, fantastically written dialogue and a brilliant balance between all the characters, Tom Hiddlestone is even better this time round as Loki than he was in the Thor movie, much more menacing and convincing as a super villain and Mark Ruffallo is excellent in it, easily the best Bruce Banner we have seen yet. Just brilliant, can't wait for Iron Man 3 now! Expand
  18. Jun 3, 2012
    loved the action coool and of course the comedy bit in film with thor and stark which really made me laugh and hulk part which i entirely laugh what he did to thor which crack me up....

good film i wait for blu ray movie did not find the captain america actor he was not good i did not find him to be all super hero or nothing just he thru that garbage lid to hurt his bad guys but rest

but rest of film was good
  19. May 28, 2012
    Great action, effects, plot, actors...EVERYTHING!! The film blended all the great features from the other Marvel films and created something unique and wonderful.

And great humour :) love the character interaction- especially Tony Stark/ iron man/ loki XD It was a really great film, and i applaude all those involved in its making :)
  20. May 4, 2012
    Finally. First of all, the movie is amazing. You don't have to like really superheroes to like it. My GF never read a Marvel comic and she loved it. I don't blame her, this is the best superhero movie of all time (Nolan fans, shut up, TDK is NOT a superhero movie). Second of all, if a movie is released internationally a week earlier, you at metacritic should let users to review it. We allFinally. First of all, the movie is amazing. You don't have to like really superheroes to like it. My GF never read a Marvel comic and she loved it. I don't blame her, this is the best superhero movie of all time (Nolan fans, shut up, TDK is NOT a superhero movie). Second of all, if a movie is released internationally a week earlier, you at metacritic should let users to review it. We all know sometimes people's opinions are better than some reviewers ones. I found stupid that the user critics were blocked until today. USA isn't the whole world, you know?

To the haters: Piss off.

To the lovers: "Puny god"
  21. May 12, 2012
    This film was great - it had fantastic visuals, nice characters, breathtaking fights and kept me interested all the time. I consider it a great success :) There were also genuine comedic moments, when the entire cinema laughed. I enjoyed it very, very much and this is what is all about.
  22. May 8, 2012
    First and foremost Hulk absolutely steals the show. He has the best moments and best character development. Awesome job. Second, the teaser at the end was so amazing I lost sleep. Third the film did an excellent time of showcasing the whole cast (a feat I didn't think they could pull off). Fourth I actually liked Captain America in this movie, I was bored to death by him in his ownFirst and foremost Hulk absolutely steals the show. He has the best moments and best character development. Awesome job. Second, the teaser at the end was so amazing I lost sleep. Third the film did an excellent time of showcasing the whole cast (a feat I didn't think they could pull off). Fourth I actually liked Captain America in this movie, I was bored to death by him in his own movie. The interaction amongst the characters was fast and clever, making more room for great action scenes to satisfy any Marvel fan Expand
  23. May 4, 2012
    As usual, Iron Man steals the show but never expected humor coming from the Hulk in this one (Thor, The Cap, Agent Coulson, Loki all had their moments) . Story is well-written and acting is fairly good. Thor's acting is much improved over his previous outing. In my opinion the best superhero movie that combines humor and heart.
  24. May 8, 2012
    Star filled lineup with perfect execution. The Avengers is probably the best action movie I have seen to date. All main characters acted and worked so well together it was great and the comedy mix was perfect. A perfect execution and amazing job by Joss Whedon, Zak Penn, and the cast and crew. (message me for my full evaluation)
  25. May 10, 2012
    I love this movie. My experience is based on the fact that I have seen the other Marvel movies to come out before this. Quite frankly, I was amazed at how coherent the plot was with so many characters on the screen at one time.

If you have NOT seen the prequel films to this one, I would HIGHLY recommend that you do. You are doing yourself a disservice.
  26. May 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was the year 2008; the movie was The Incredible Hulk! In the last scene, there entered Tony Stark/Iron Man and he presented the Avengers Initiative. That day made me believe that we are going to have the biggest superhero movie ever made in a few years. And ultimately in 2012, they gave us, The Avengers! A movie that changed the definition for WOW significantly! And also it managed to raise the bar for superhero movies now.

The movie starts off directly into the plot where Loki (Tom Hiddleston), the Norse God returns to acquire the Energy Cube (Tessaract), the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents found under the ocean, and bring war to earth. As the situation worsens, Nicky Fury (Samuel L Jackson) makes a call to all the Avengers. They assemble up to end the war and finally defeat and stop Loki from his ill intentions. An edge-of-the-seat experience, where you hold your breath at every moment, as the movie brings in more surprises with the new elements never before used in action movies.

I kind of knew that Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) would be stealing the show, which he totally owned in the first half. He always did everything in style. But still, not one character looked under-stated. Everyone had their contribution. Agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) was really a surprise and she indeed played her role pretty well. Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/Hulk) brought in a new side of Bruce Banner which totally changed the old boring personality he had been portrayed in the earlier movies. The beautiful and sensuous Scarlett Johansson played the Black Widow character, a bad-ass spy with a soft heart, with grace and dexterity. Her role also was given those pretty sharp dialogues making her look elegant. Samuel L. Jackson never disappoints, no matter what role he plays. The others, Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Tom Hiddleston (Loki) also put in their share of the superhero thingy that made the whole movie look complete.

This movie had the best CGI I ever came across in any movie, which didnâ
  27. May 4, 2012
    We've been waiting for this movie a long time and it was worth it. Since iron man in 2008 we knew that an Avenger movie was coming. This is the best marvel movie so far and i have the chance to work in a movie theatre and I will have the chance to watch the movie over and over again!!!!
  28. May 4, 2012
    The movie was a lot a fun, and had great character development for just about ever character, besides Loki. Overall it was very well rounded, a hint of romance added, great actions scenes and quite funny overall. It was worth staying up late for the midnight release, I don't understand why the critics are rating this so low.
  29. May 5, 2012
    The best superhero movie I've ever seen. They managed to pull off a great combination of comedy and action all in one. The Hulk fit right in with the rest of the heroes. Marvel did a great job.
  30. May 5, 2012
    If you say that this movie is less than a 10 you must be out of your mind. The BEST movie I have seen in such a long time. Each character was played great and how they used the love/hate relationship of each character in the movie into a fun comedy just made the movie that much more entertaining. For all those who love Marvel and their movies I would recommend to go watch The Avengers andIf you say that this movie is less than a 10 you must be out of your mind. The BEST movie I have seen in such a long time. Each character was played great and how they used the love/hate relationship of each character in the movie into a fun comedy just made the movie that much more entertaining. For all those who love Marvel and their movies I would recommend to go watch The Avengers and see how they change the way a movie should be created and watched. Side not I wouldn't watch it in 3-D from what I was told the movie was made 2-D and then formatted for 3-D. Expand
  31. May 5, 2012
    Absolutely the best Marvel movie, if not the entire superhero genre, I've ever seen. Created by a man who lives and breathes perfection and knows the ethos of the Marvel Multi-verse. When a fan who knows how to make movies, makes a movie...the result is this. Well done Joss Whedon! Normally I have something to complain about with a Marvel movie. At least one thing that will stand outAbsolutely the best Marvel movie, if not the entire superhero genre, I've ever seen. Created by a man who lives and breathes perfection and knows the ethos of the Marvel Multi-verse. When a fan who knows how to make movies, makes a movie...the result is this. Well done Joss Whedon! Normally I have something to complain about with a Marvel movie. At least one thing that will stand out as..."Meh, could have been done better this way..." However, with this film, I left the theatre two and a half hours later, wanting a longer movie and wanting to change nothing! An excellent film! Expand
  32. May 5, 2012
    This is possibly the best film ever made. Not the only the best superhero film but the best film ever. I have held the dark knight as my favorite film for a long time and didnt think anything could beat it. The avengers is everything I wanted in a movie a story, brilliant action and humor. Its one of the funniest movies I've seen and the action rivals transformers. The story is what setsThis is possibly the best film ever made. Not the only the best superhero film but the best film ever. I have held the dark knight as my favorite film for a long time and didnt think anything could beat it. The avengers is everything I wanted in a movie a story, brilliant action and humor. Its one of the funniest movies I've seen and the action rivals transformers. The story is what sets it apart and the avengers is truly one of the best films ever made. Expand
  33. May 5, 2012
    It released here a week before the official U.S release, so we were much more excited though. generally speaking, first day, first show.Truly amazing experience, one liners for tony stark, heavenly body work from black widow, Arrow sharp hawk eye, Bull frog hammer head Thor, Aye sir - Captain America and the last the smasher- Hulk. A enjoyable treat from Marvel Studios. VisuallyIt released here a week before the official U.S release, so we were much more excited though. generally speaking, first day, first show.Truly amazing experience, one liners for tony stark, heavenly body work from black widow, Arrow sharp hawk eye, Bull frog hammer head Thor, Aye sir - Captain America and the last the smasher- Hulk. A enjoyable treat from Marvel Studios. Visually enhanced, superb production value, A true summer block buster. Expand
  34. Jul 21, 2012
    Literally greatest comic book movie to date. And this is even having watched The Dark Knight Rises just last night to solidify my claim. A movie that never loses it's sense of heroes and the act of heroism is just as glorious as it is sacrificial. It is something to be cheered, not something to be mourned. A superhero film that actually follows the essence of a comic book instead ofLiterally greatest comic book movie to date. And this is even having watched The Dark Knight Rises just last night to solidify my claim. A movie that never loses it's sense of heroes and the act of heroism is just as glorious as it is sacrificial. It is something to be cheered, not something to be mourned. A superhero film that actually follows the essence of a comic book instead of cower away from it in fear of fantasy. Expand
  35. May 5, 2012
    Just saw The Avengers and all I can say is WOW!! this is the movie comic-book fans have been waiting for. the action is great, the interaction between the actors in their respective roles is awesome. The movie definitely moves along, in my opinion, considering it is over two hours. It is certainly one of the best comics to movie adaptions I've seen in a long time. A must see!!!
  36. May 5, 2012
    This movie is possibly the greatest movie this year. It's really great to see so much heroes in one movie. The story isn't the greatest thing, but the humor and gags do fit. The Avengers has fantastic action scenes, a huge and talented cast and at least this movie is not a Iron Man 3, or Thor 2.

So congratulations to Mr. Whedon, who did a great job spending every hero nearly the same time on the big screen. Actually Jeremy Renner had a great performance, I would really like to see him in a own Marvel film.
  37. May 5, 2012
    Wow, just... wow. I saw this movie today, and all I can say is "wow". About a year ago, before the trailer was released, people were really hoping for an Avengers movie. When the trailer was released, it instantly became a "Must See Opening Day", due to all of the crazy fans. And when it was finally released, it lived up to expectation! I was really surprised by this because I have been toWow, just... wow. I saw this movie today, and all I can say is "wow". About a year ago, before the trailer was released, people were really hoping for an Avengers movie. When the trailer was released, it instantly became a "Must See Opening Day", due to all of the crazy fans. And when it was finally released, it lived up to expectation! I was really surprised by this because I have been to countless Marvel/DC movies, hoping them to be amazing like "The Dark Knight" or "Spiderman 3", when it ended up becoming those movies you only watch every couple months like "Thor", and I was expecting "The Avengers" to be the same way as "Thor", but I was completely wrong. This is by far the best Marvel Movie yet! It's definitely a "Must See"! Expand
  38. May 5, 2012
    simply awesome movie. Thor hulk iron man black-widow hawk-eye each and every character is great. great action thriller movie with good sense of humor. specially robert downy jr. is ridiculously great.
  39. May 6, 2012
    The only way you will not enjoy this movie is if you already don't want to. It is everything an action movie should be. Each member of the Avengers fills their roll perfectly, saving the best parts of the movie for when they finally come together as a team. The excitement that sprouts very early on grows and grows throughout the story and flowers beautifully at the very end. This is aThe only way you will not enjoy this movie is if you already don't want to. It is everything an action movie should be. Each member of the Avengers fills their roll perfectly, saving the best parts of the movie for when they finally come together as a team. The excitement that sprouts very early on grows and grows throughout the story and flowers beautifully at the very end. This is a movie I thought would be "just okay". It completely demolished my expectations. Expand
  40. May 6, 2012
    Wow was I wrong!!! Very good movie!!!!!!!!! Great action all the way through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was also full of numerous funny moments. Go see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  41. May 6, 2012
    THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVORITE MARVEL MOVIE NOW!!! The action is fast paced and well executed. I have always wanted to see all of the famous marvel characters come together so this was a treat. This is the start of Whedon's career.
  42. May 6, 2012
    To put it simply. Brilliant. we get to see development of characters in other movies like Thor and Stark. And a interesting combo of attitudes and egos within the avengers group, and allows the character to become more established. The movie is humorous, the action engaging and thrilling. In all you will come to the end of the movie and be think that was money well spent. It has to be oneTo put it simply. Brilliant. we get to see development of characters in other movies like Thor and Stark. And a interesting combo of attitudes and egos within the avengers group, and allows the character to become more established. The movie is humorous, the action engaging and thrilling. In all you will come to the end of the movie and be think that was money well spent. It has to be one of the best movies I've seen so far this year. Expand
  43. May 6, 2012
    I had been waiting to see this movie since I first heard about it. So, I decided to go see it with a friend on opening night. I was expecting it to be a good movie. Well, it exceeded my expectations, because it was flat out AMAZING! I especially enjoyed Mark Ruffalo, who I never thought was all that great of an actor, as the Incredible Hulk. Plus, the special effects and action sequencesI had been waiting to see this movie since I first heard about it. So, I decided to go see it with a friend on opening night. I was expecting it to be a good movie. Well, it exceeded my expectations, because it was flat out AMAZING! I especially enjoyed Mark Ruffalo, who I never thought was all that great of an actor, as the Incredible Hulk. Plus, the special effects and action sequences were top-notch. What I really loved was the fact that they allowed the characters to be more than just your standard superheroes. Normally, I confess, when I see a fight in one of these movies, I just casually think "yeah...he's gonna win this one." But, with The Avengers, I felt as though I were in the middle of the fight, cheering them on. So, if you want a good movie, you seriously can't do better than this. I highly recommend it. Expand
  44. May 7, 2012
    i went to watch avengers with not very high hopes as getting 6-7 marvel characters in a single movies seemed like a perfect recipe for disaster at that time. but was i surprised big time and i mean big time!!. its better than iron man 1-2, captain america and both the hulk movies. this is by far the best comic to big screen adaptation and is in the same league as the batman reboot and thei went to watch avengers with not very high hopes as getting 6-7 marvel characters in a single movies seemed like a perfect recipe for disaster at that time. but was i surprised big time and i mean big time!!. its better than iron man 1-2, captain america and both the hulk movies. this is by far the best comic to big screen adaptation and is in the same league as the batman reboot and the 1st transformer movie (part 2 and 3 were very big train wrecks). a must watch for anyone who like supeheroes beating the crap out of everything................... Expand
  45. May 7, 2012
    The Avengers is the best and most amazing movie I have ever seen! It has the perfect balance between humor, action, and drama. It is a must see for everyone, even those who aren't really into comic books. My mom went to go see it and even she said she loved it. GO SEE IT NOW!
    Monkey out.
  46. May 8, 2012
    The movies was pretty fun to watch however ..Thor and the hulk looked bloated.really wished they would have shown hulk getting larger when as he got more upset.
  47. May 9, 2012
    Amongst the many ill-equipped to add to the many and various accolades this Avengerâ
  48. May 9, 2012
    To the critics, it's a movie based on COMIC BOOK characters. It doesn't need to be art or drama to be good. What it was though, is a fun comic book story. The action and humor was spot on.
  49. May 11, 2012
    So good makes me wish DC would do something with the Justice League. TA is everything you want a super hero movie to be and then some. And welcome back Hulk. Genuine breakout star of this movie.
  50. May 12, 2012
    Ben_Otter, Omg you must not been reading any comics when you were a kid. Superman,Green Lantern and Batman belongs to the DC comic syndicate and their hero group is called the Justice League... The Avengers are group of heros from Stan Lee's Marvel Comics. Completely different heroes from completely different storyline. Justice Avengers? Wow, that's a good title for a spoof comedy movie .Ben_Otter, Omg you must not been reading any comics when you were a kid. Superman,Green Lantern and Batman belongs to the DC comic syndicate and their hero group is called the Justice League... The Avengers are group of heros from Stan Lee's Marvel Comics. Completely different heroes from completely different storyline. Justice Avengers? Wow, that's a good title for a spoof comedy movie . It really shows how knowledgeable you are Mr Otter hence your spelling too needs improving. I do not know what you look for in rating a nice movie. Personally what makes a great movie is its villain. I would say the villains of marvel comics/film are a lot scary and powerful than the ones Superman and Batman encounters. But again I wonder what movie creators of DC's Justice League would have villains on it. Ben_Otter, I would avoid making comments until you do a little research about any movie you watch and review. Power Rangers have such lame villains(nice design costumes though very colorful) and they do like move, position their arms and head nodding a lot to communicate cause they do not use their mouths, people would find you strange and avoid you if like to be such a Power Ranger hero. Expand
  51. May 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not so much a review in & of itself, as a response to all of the negative reviews I have read. With that said, this will be FULL OF SPOILERS. Do not read anymore if you hate spoilers. Most of the negative reviews I have seen thus far have been written by individuals who, quite obviously, have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. At least in regards to The Avengers. Some common complaints I have seen:
    1) The movie did not have enough exposition & I struggled to keep up with what was happening.
    ~The movie had plenty of exposition...about FIVE MOVIES worth of it. If you can't remember what happened in Iron Man or Thor because you haven't seen either of those movies since their theatrical release, that is not Joss Whedon's fault. Nor is it a fault of this movie. It would have been impractical to squeeze in an extra twenty or thirty minutes of exposition in a pointless attempt to bring those individuals who didn't "do their homework" up to speed.
    2) The heroes bickered & fought too much with each other.
    ~The reasoning behind this was two-fold. First & foremost, this is a form of fanservice. Geeky comic nerds (i.e. the target audience) WANT to see Thor & Hulk go toe to toe. We WANT to see Captain America deflect Mjölnir with his shield. Pitting our favorite heroes against each other has been a part of comics since comics existed, & to exclude that element from the film would have been a massive disappointment. Even if you ignore the fact that the heroes fighting amongst themselves was a desired piece of the movie, you cannot ignore one simple truth: it was entirely in character for these heroes to not get along with one another. At least, not at first. How unbelievable would it have been if the upright, disciplined, & serious Steve Rogers became fast friends with the pompous, arrogant, & self-absorbed Tony Stark? It would have been an outrage.
    3) My willing suspension of disbelief broke when I saw the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
    ~Having S.H.I.E.L.D. play a role in all of the movies leading up to The Avengers, & then planning S.H.I.E.L.D. to have such a large part in The Avengers, but to exclude the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier? Or, perhaps even worse, to simplify or dumb down the Helicarrier so it was JUST an aircraft carrier? Tantamount to blasphemy. Thor without his hammer, Captain American without his shield. Sure, those characters would still WORK & would still be recognizable...but (much like the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier) those are iconic elements that the audience is expecting to see.
    4) The movie had a slow start.
    ~You must have missed the first fifteen minutes. You know, the part with all of the explosions, the gunfights, the car chase, the demi-god vaporizing people, & the massive underground complex that was turned into a city sized crater. All before the title appeared on screen. After that, the movie gives a brief (six to ten minutes) exposition on what each individual Avenger is currently doing, gives the viewer a glimpse on what the bad guy is up to, then dives right back into more action. Perhaps the first hour felt slow because the second hour was an absolute non-stop adrenaline fueled thrill ride. That's my best guess.
    5) Nothing but mindless fight scenes.
    ~I don't know how to reply to this, other than ask...have you read a comic book? Ever? There is, on average, a pretty good bit of fighting. Which, most comic book readers will agree, is not a bad thing as long as its done well. In The Avengers...it is done very well.
    6) The dialogue was terrible.
    ~I digress that some characters are less interesting to listen to than others. However, that is not something you can fault the movie for. Every character works at their maximum capacity, & every actor fulfills their roles quite well. You cannot blame the movie or Chris Hemsworth for Thor having epic sounding if somewhat stiff dialogue. You cannot blame Joss Whedon or Mark Ruffalo for Bruce Banner seeming somewhat bland, boring, or shy. They are playing the characters perfectly, absolutely spot-on! Not every member of The Avengers gets to be the witty & sharp tongued Tony Stark.

In closing...I am sure I missed some complaints. Those are the ones that burned foremost in my mind. Is The Avengers a landmark groundbreaking masterpiece? No.
    Is it a work of art that will be discussed in classrooms? No.
    Is it a damned fun movie that hits all of the right spots, pushes the right buttons, & pleases its target audience? Hell yes. It is certainly that.
    Will there be a sequel? Without doubt.
  52. May 12, 2012
    The first ten minutes of The Avengers is amazingly action packed and there isn't even a super powered hero in sight. It only gets increasing doses of "Oh MY GOD" from there! I found myself constantly saying to myself " Well nothing will top that," then BAM! topped it becomes. This movie will make you want to joyously cheer at the screen and you will.
  53. CDQ
    May 12, 2012
    The best movie this year by far, and perhaps the best superhero movie of all time. The sheer awesomeness of The Avengers cannot be explained with words. It was completely amazing.
  54. May 15, 2012
    I've seen this movie 3 times, and I plan on seeing it a 4th.

Nuff said.

P.S. Better action than Michael Bay's films, Funnier than Judd Apatow's films and more heart than most anything in recent memory.

Love You Joss
  55. May 15, 2012
    This Movie was Awesome times Infinity. Whedon depicted all the characters correctly. I have learned a lesson on here today about how Metacritic works. If its a score of 69 like how Avengers has then I should watch it because I loved this movie.
  56. May 15, 2012
    Can't remember the last time (never?) I went to a movie on a Monday night and saw a half full theatre of people cheering and laughing at a movie. Despite the positive hype, I cringed when the movie started off with a space scene featuring gods, aliens, magic, and mass-audience-unfriendly terms like "The Tesseract." It seriously seemed like all the right ingredients for the perfect trainCan't remember the last time (never?) I went to a movie on a Monday night and saw a half full theatre of people cheering and laughing at a movie. Despite the positive hype, I cringed when the movie started off with a space scene featuring gods, aliens, magic, and mass-audience-unfriendly terms like "The Tesseract." It seriously seemed like all the right ingredients for the perfect train wreck. But it worked, and it worked well; delivering some of the best / most clever scenes ever to appear in a superhero movie. The casting was excellent as well - especially for Bruce Banner - even just standing there, he felt, nerdy, detached and dangerous. (but with just the right amount of soul.) I guess the best compliment I can give The Avengers is that it reminded me why sometimes it's just awesome to go to the movies. Expand
  57. May 15, 2012
    I have seen this movie 4 times already (don't judge) and it has never gotten old. The action and humor mesh together perfectly in this movie. I did not expect to laugh as much as I did when I first saw the movie. The action is awesome and the special effects are top-notch. If you are a fan of the Hulk like I am, you will be very pleased with this movie. The Hulk steals the show, and peopleI have seen this movie 4 times already (don't judge) and it has never gotten old. The action and humor mesh together perfectly in this movie. I did not expect to laugh as much as I did when I first saw the movie. The action is awesome and the special effects are top-notch. If you are a fan of the Hulk like I am, you will be very pleased with this movie. The Hulk steals the show, and people were cheering when he was on the big screen. Every character gets their fair share of screen time, with no one getting left out. I recommend watching Captain America and Thor before seeing The Avengers, because those films will provide helpful background information so you will not be confused on what is going on in the movie. Expand
  58. May 16, 2012
    Everything perfect.Just what I wanted and needed to see.Only have one thing that made feel VERY awkward.The scene were Tony Stark said I'm bringing the party to you and she said ( VERY CORNY AND UNCOMFORTABLE ) I don't see how that's a party.Like she had gas or she forgot her line..Hahahaha.No i'm just messing. Best movie of the year so far.
  59. Jun 26, 2012
    Perspective: A fan of Avengers comics and cartoons for decades. Loved almost every Marvel movie to date

Expectations: Been waiting on an Avengers movie since Iron Man, totally blown away by the trailers Delivery: Speaking as a fan of the original source material, Avengers totally blew me away. The ultimate experience for fans of the comics AND movies. Seeing these all of these

Delivery: Speaking as a fan of the original source material, Avengers totally blew me away. The ultimate experience for fans of the comics AND movies. Seeing these all of these characters interact (and fight) with one another is rewarding on so many levels. I was a highly volatile mixture bubbling over with geeky excitement for the entire film. For those who don't read comics but enjoyed the Marvel films, Avengers takes all that you loved about those previous movies (action, humor, and a good story) combines them and sprinkles them generously throughout the entire experience. For the artsy types, this is an fx laden superhero action adventure movie, so don't go in expecting to see Shakespeare with laser beams, or Citizen Kane with a cape

Avengers is easily the best movie of the Summer (so far), and easily my favorite super hero movie ever PERIOD.
  60. May 16, 2012
    This film was probably one of the most funny movies I have seen this year. Also, it was one of the most badass. I say that lightly, but give it the aformentioned status because Joss Whedon was at the helm for this one. Now a word of warning: the film will be confusing to you at first if you have not seen the movies that came before it. Those films set a general framework, so Whedon assumesThis film was probably one of the most funny movies I have seen this year. Also, it was one of the most badass. I say that lightly, but give it the aformentioned status because Joss Whedon was at the helm for this one. Now a word of warning: the film will be confusing to you at first if you have not seen the movies that came before it. Those films set a general framework, so Whedon assumes you know what is going on. This is not a setback, because it saves time having to explain everything. I went to see this film for the Hulk, and I was not disappointed. Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man was like revisiting an old friend, as he makes the film less serious which is good. The comedic moments catch you off guard, and help to add to the charm the film has. I was pissed because I had to watch the film in 3D, but the 3D was not horrible. It was adapted at a tolerable framerate that did not give me headaches. If you must watch it in 3D, do not fret. I hope everyone that is a fan of Joss Whedon and superhero films goes to see this movie. Expand
  61. May 16, 2012
    Okay so many critics who are saying bad things about this film is going to far into this film. Joss Whedon did an amazing job with it. Perfect amount of everything you had the suspense, the comedy a perfect balance of effects and action. The film didn't focus one main Avenger it focused on all of them which was great to see. Some of these bad reviews I see that some of these don'y enjoy aOkay so many critics who are saying bad things about this film is going to far into this film. Joss Whedon did an amazing job with it. Perfect amount of everything you had the suspense, the comedy a perfect balance of effects and action. The film didn't focus one main Avenger it focused on all of them which was great to see. Some of these bad reviews I see that some of these don'y enjoy a good ole action movie. See this movie. Its worth it. Expand
  62. May 17, 2012
    Waste of money, Plot is horrible, the first 45 mins is absolute junk, I dont know how a movie like this could make so much money. I guess teens might like it cause they bash stuff up and CGI is kewl. Dont waste your money wait till it ends up on TV or dollar rental.
  63. May 17, 2012
    Absolutely outstanding! The Avengers is no doubt one of the best films I have ever seen. This movie is packed with action on top of action with all of the most popular superheroes out there. I recommend this film to anyone who is looking to spend their money and get the big bang for their buck.
  64. May 26, 2012
    Best Marvel film to date. Doesn't try to be a deep dark and serious film. It's humorous, camp, shiny and brilliant. One of the few films that is packed with action and has a good plot.
    Definitely watch this film especially if you watched and enjoyed the other Avenger films (Iron Man 1&2, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Cap.America)
  65. May 17, 2012
    The Avengers was everything i could have asked for and more. The action was awesome, the dialouge was fun, every character had their moment of glory and I walked out of the theather feeling happy beyond all reason. Sure, it's a superhero movie so the plot is pretty simple, but who cares? This movie was just awesome beyond all reason. I'm surprised metacrtic didn't give it a higher rating...
  66. May 17, 2012
    Well done Joss Whedon and your cast. Awesome movie. Very entertaining to the casual watcher and a nerdgasm for the hardcore fan. Best Marvel Movie so far in my opinion and best superhero, comic book based movie as well. Spiderman WAS my favorite hero movie, but no more.
  67. May 17, 2012
    I had my doubts at first. I was expecting a movie with nothing but random fighting, nothing interesting. The movie had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. The moments of hilarity between sadness and destruction kept the movie well balanced. I loved the bond of all the characters, seeing everyone come together to fight such a force was great. I highly recommend to GO SEE THIS MOVIE.I had my doubts at first. I was expecting a movie with nothing but random fighting, nothing interesting. The movie had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. The moments of hilarity between sadness and destruction kept the movie well balanced. I loved the bond of all the characters, seeing everyone come together to fight such a force was great. I highly recommend to GO SEE THIS MOVIE. You will surely like it. Expand
  68. May 17, 2012
    Cant believe this movie is getting some negative views. Sure its not perfect, but what movie is , especially one as ambitious as this one. I must admit I was skeptical that they would be able to pull a movie off with so many iconic characters. They did and then some. This is a supremely entertaining comic book movie. In my opinion better than the first Iron Man and miles better than theCant believe this movie is getting some negative views. Sure its not perfect, but what movie is , especially one as ambitious as this one. I must admit I was skeptical that they would be able to pull a movie off with so many iconic characters. They did and then some. This is a supremely entertaining comic book movie. In my opinion better than the first Iron Man and miles better than the Thor and Captain America movies. Amazing and a solid 8 out of 10. Expand
  69. May 18, 2012
    The avengers is an best marvel film i have ever seen. At one point of time i loved the spiderman parts . But when we see the way the avengers is been taken itz simply amazing. The incredible hulk was one of the most hilarious and most serious of all. However the way hulk beats up the villain is like the people wash clothes!!!!!!!!
  70. May 18, 2012
    Best movie ever! Awesome action, animation, effects and jokes, it is the best compination of actors and superheroes to date. Worth the watch! I really liked it, and there was not a 11 out of 10 score lol.
  71. May 19, 2012
    UNBELIEVABLE. Best Marvel film to date, hands down! No, best superhero film of all time!!! Saw it in 3D and it was just an awesome experience. So many characters, so much character development, everything done so well. Fantastic performances by all, what a complete success. Only few scenes I thought were a bit carried away; these scenes all included the Hulk. Also the film didn'tUNBELIEVABLE. Best Marvel film to date, hands down! No, best superhero film of all time!!! Saw it in 3D and it was just an awesome experience. So many characters, so much character development, everything done so well. Fantastic performances by all, what a complete success. Only few scenes I thought were a bit carried away; these scenes all included the Hulk. Also the film didn't really explain how Hulk could become a team player....or did I miss it? Despite these flaws, what an incredible and entertaining film - easy 10. Congratulations Marvel/Disney. Can't wait to get it on Blu-ray! Expand
  72. May 18, 2012
    I love this movie! Finally a great movie with my childhood heroes. Do not miss this opportunity, go see this movie now! HULK SMASH! AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!
  73. May 18, 2012
    Best ensemble Super Hero Movie ever! Iron Man and Hulk done great. Thor, Hawkeye done well. Black Widow elite killer assassin tearing up about possibly being torn in half by the Hulk? Not so sure about that.
    Biggest and only real disappointment is Chris Evans inability to fill Caps stature in an ensemble cast. Though he was really good in the cap movie but gets lost in this movie when competing against these other on screen personalities - It doesn't help that they changed caps costume to make him look like he is wearing underoos.
  74. May 18, 2012
    I have not been this entertained by a film in quite some time. Whedon didn't make a film, but conducted a symphony of entertainment. Action, humor, banter, dialogue, all worked in seamless harmony. Unaccustomed to such a level of entertainment, I was mesmerized. If time flies when having fun, this movie was exactly that. 2hrs 45mins flew by, with every second as welcome as the first.
  75. May 18, 2012
    More than delivers. Given the amount of hype that was to be expected in such an epic adventure of bringing several stories together. This movie stands for what comic book fans have been imagining their entire lives. Can't wait to see how they continue and plan to keep the success rolling.
  76. May 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its just the best. The best. Simply perfect, best, awesome, thrilling, humourous and exciting. The effects were simply awesome and if you plan to watch in cinema then make sure you watch it in 3d Expand
  77. May 19, 2012
    Best movie I've seen in years. Amazing cast, dialogue was great. Connected all previous movies perfectly, making it seem like a perfect legacy. Truly great
  78. May 26, 2012
    A great film to enjoy with the family and even has some decent character development that I didn't expect in this size of a cast. Robert Downing Jr. steals the show as his character is much more develop over the course of the Marvel movies. I would highly recommended this film to anyone to see more than once. Something I haven't done since the release of The Matrix.
  79. May 21, 2012
    What can I say. This movie pulled out all the stops. I find it hard, and sometimes cliché to rate something a 10, but this film deserved it from start to finish. With an opening that pulled you in, to an ending that left you wanting more, this film deserves the 10 it is receiving.
  80. May 23, 2012
    Quite possibly my favorite movie of all time. It has everything a good nerdy superhero movie needs and tells a tale that is quite unlike anything we've seen in theaters before with film heroes of 4 different film series coming together. Action was superb especially toward the major final showdown. Acting is fantastic(Mark Ruffalo and the Hulk are quite loveable and you wont miss Ed NortonQuite possibly my favorite movie of all time. It has everything a good nerdy superhero movie needs and tells a tale that is quite unlike anything we've seen in theaters before with film heroes of 4 different film series coming together. Action was superb especially toward the major final showdown. Acting is fantastic(Mark Ruffalo and the Hulk are quite loveable and you wont miss Ed Norton TOO much.)

Though the threat isn't incredibly frightening it provides just enough danger for the plot to seem real and significant enough to justify this great meeting of heroes...

Stick around til after ALL the credits as there's TWO secret endings(although the first is decidedly more important than the second). Go have fun...this is the summer romp well worth the 4 year wait and should prove to the rest of Hollywood what a summer Blockbuster should be like.
  81. Tap
    May 24, 2012
    This movie is a great action flick with a few emotional scenes thrown in for good measure. Everything about this movie exudes perfection. Sure, some of the plot makes no logical or practical sense, and sure, some of the casting does not match previous movies featuring the same characters, but dammit, I don't care!

The length of the movie is about 2.5 hours, yet the entire movie seemed

The length of the movie is about 2.5 hours, yet the entire movie seemed to just fly by. After the movie was over, I was shocked that it was already close to midnight. Overall, I just could not get enough of this film. I plan to buy the Blu-Ray/DVD combo once they release it, and I will definitely watch the movie over and over again!
  82. May 25, 2012
    Awesome. The action, humor, effects are all there. A well developed storyline, characters. The special effects in this movie, JUST AWESOME!! I mean look at the helicarrier, it looks realistic and futuristic at the same time. I am waiting for a sequel, The Avengers have amazed me. Its a MUST WATCH!!!
  83. May 27, 2012
    A very enjoyable movie with great actors and a great combination of super heroes! Action is great, humor as well. This movie is definitely worth watching!
  84. May 28, 2012
    One of the best (if not THE best) comic book film ever.

It is a summer film wih good humor, great special effects and a plot that doesn't get in the way of either. For comic fans: Loki is done very well, Iron Man gets most of the attention and the Hulk certainly become a favorite by the end of the film. Thor is probably the least fleshed out. Overall it is a great film and as the
    One of the best (if not THE best) comic book film ever.

Overall it is a great film and as the Dsiney execs have already stated, "There will be a lot more of the Avengers in the future..."
  85. May 29, 2012
    The super best action movie ever which collaborated all best comic hero together in one. Seen forward for the second part to be more super and addition of more heroes.
    Compared to DC, Marvels are best of the Best ever.
  86. May 31, 2012
    Any time that your tentpole, super-powered geekfest, CGI extravaganza'd, mega-blockbuster PG-13 moviefilm's antagonist can utter, "...THAT is my bargain, you mewling quim!" - your movie is probably made by Joss Whedon. This film is, and thank my various deities for that. "The Avengers" DELIVERS.
  87. Jun 1, 2012
    The movie was fantastic! I like Marvel characters but somehow I wasn't into The Avengers growing up so I was only mildly excited for this film. It blew my expectations out of the water though. The Hulk was definitely the best part of the movie but everyone held their own. Can't wait for the sequel!
  88. Jun 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is everything a fan hopes for when they go to see it. I think it is definitely the best super hero movie ever, more entertaining than even the immortal "The Dark Knight". The dialogue is great, with Whedon's famous witty humor lightly and tastefully sprinkled throughout. There is obviously a multitude of great special effects, the quality of which peaks at the epic Manhattan alien fight scene. The story, while not revolutionary, is easy enough to follow and did not leave me disappointed. There are no plot holes whatsoever, which is good (here's a couple of commonly mistaken "plot holes": Thor is able to come back from Asgard through the "other ways out" that Loki mentions to Heimdall in "Thor". He obviously found one of them. Also, Loki is able to come back from his "death" because he is the god of mischief, of course! He obviously knew exactly where he would go when he fell into that abyss at the end of "Thor", and he just wanted to trick Thor into thinking he was dead). Overall, this movie is a great spectacle for the whole family, and I think any human being who enjoys having fun should like it. Expand
  89. Aug 17, 2012
    The best superhero movie ever made! The acting is top notch and the story is fantastic. Joss Whedon did an excellent job. It's hard to express how completely awesome this movie is.
  90. Jun 8, 2012
    The Avengers is a action packed, fun filled movie. The move does not dissapoint with the special effects the 3D is good, but the movie is great with or without 3D but the 3D is good. The movie is full of fightng, explosions and humour.
  91. Jun 15, 2012
    Felt like I actually got my moneys worth for a change with this movie. I saw it twice. Pure entertainment. It is comic book style. Of course this movie was not going to break literary ground. O took my kids and wife to this movie and we laughed the whole way home. What more can you expect from a piece of fiction?
  92. STS
    Jun 11, 2012
    I'm not a big fan of comic books and have never read any of the Avengers comics, or anything by Marvel actually. All that aside, this is a great film that has plenty of action and humour. I thought all the main actors did a good job with what time they had on screen, but obviously with so many characters some get less screen time and therefore less development. But I didn't feelI'm not a big fan of comic books and have never read any of the Avengers comics, or anything by Marvel actually. All that aside, this is a great film that has plenty of action and humour. I thought all the main actors did a good job with what time they had on screen, but obviously with so many characters some get less screen time and therefore less development. But I didn't feel bringing the different characters from their own respective films felt forced at all! My personal favourite is probably Captain America which is a total surprise - but Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man is also brilliant. Even more of a surprise, this film made me like the Hulk!! Saw it twice, and hope Marvel Studios will keep making more of these, with quality writers and directors! Expand
  93. Jun 12, 2012
    Hell yeah! If that was not your first thought when the movie was over you are a total idiot. This movie was completely amazing. They story was great and entertaining. There are way too many scenes in this movie that were great to even pick a favorite. The movie has a perfect humor to action ratio. All the actors were brilliant and played their roles perfectly. And Scarlet Johanson was soHell yeah! If that was not your first thought when the movie was over you are a total idiot. This movie was completely amazing. They story was great and entertaining. There are way too many scenes in this movie that were great to even pick a favorite. The movie has a perfect humor to action ratio. All the actors were brilliant and played their roles perfectly. And Scarlet Johanson was so sexy as The Black Widow. Best superhero movie yet, I don't know how they will be able to beat it with The Avengers 2. Not loving this movie should be a crime. Anyone who didn't like this movie has terrible taste in movies and should never watch another movie in their life. Expand
  94. Jun 18, 2012
    Really good movie, and had good humor and action scenes.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  95. Jun 21, 2012
    This movie is great I enjoyed very well I enjoyed the plot and how they got everyone together how it was placed and the special effects were excellent
  96. Jun 23, 2012
    This is the best movie of the year and one of the best I have ever seen. You should so watch this. Especially if you like comics. To watch the movie it would be best to watch Thor before.
  97. Jul 4, 2012
    Joss Whedon deserves a huge pat on the back for pulling off the near impossible. He has directed and helped create a movie that is a sequel to five other movies. He has brought together all those main characters from those movies as well as effectively dealing with new ones brought into this movie for the first time. Did I mention that this is a comic book movie? The Avengers may be theJoss Whedon deserves a huge pat on the back for pulling off the near impossible. He has directed and helped create a movie that is a sequel to five other movies. He has brought together all those main characters from those movies as well as effectively dealing with new ones brought into this movie for the first time. Did I mention that this is a comic book movie? The Avengers may be the best movie of the summer and possibly of all year. An exciting story as well as one of the best scripts I have ever seen adds to the superb special effects and the top notch directing. But this movie would be nothing without such a dedicated cast of actors and actresses. The Avengers does many things right. One of my favorite things about this movie, however, is how each of Earth Expand
  98. Jul 3, 2012
    The Avengers is by far the best Marvel film. It's almost like if you putted together all the films from Iron Man till Thor and you have The Avengers, which was basically what they did. Some characters are more relevant, like Black Widow or Captain America. The action sequences were superb and the way the characters interact was really great. The script also contains some nice humurousThe Avengers is by far the best Marvel film. It's almost like if you putted together all the films from Iron Man till Thor and you have The Avengers, which was basically what they did. Some characters are more relevant, like Black Widow or Captain America. The action sequences were superb and the way the characters interact was really great. The script also contains some nice humurous moments.
    A perfect and well deserved 10.
  99. Jul 13, 2012
    This Movie was awesome It has Action,Laughs,Epicness the only thing It didn´t have Its love
    This is an orgasm for all MARVEL fan really
    And at the and after the credits we can see cleary tha there are gonig to be a 2cnd part

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.