7.9

1. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before seeing this film, I'm going to be honest I wasn't a big fan of this Marvel Cinematic Universe, not to say I didn't like it I just didn't care for it. You see when I first saw Iron Man, it liked it well (of course I like it a lot more now) but later on I didn't care for Iron Man 2 (and honestly I'm still not a fan of that sequel). Later on I never saw The Incredible Hulk, I liked Thor and I thought the first Captain America was alright but I still just wasn't digging the series that much, so I didn't go into The Avengers film expecting to love it, but I had a blast. It was amazing, seeing all these Marvel heroes together. It was cool seeing them interact and it was even kind of funny at times like when Iron Man fought with Thor and other things. I also like Loki, he was a really awesome antagonist, he had that cool blend of looking strong yet weak at the same time which was especially awesome when Hulk beats the crap out of him! The action was also cool, the special effects were cool, kind of Transformers-ish, but cool! I loved The Avengers! It got me more into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I even enjoy the older films a little better, I also enjoy there later films and I am really looking forward to 2015 when The Avengers 2 comes out! The Avengers is a blast, it's probably my favorite Super Hero movie ever. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    I think the optimal film does not know why not won any Oscars worthy because it had History, cast, special effect of exellent quality, although not so the best thing to have your movie special effect I thought it was good because you make a film heroine and not will place special effect, I think they put emseu comedy film, and mixed with action.
  3. Mar 22, 2014
    The Avengers is an fantastic movie with great amount action and a wonderful story, and I'm especially amazed by the awesome music and the special effects! Another thing that's great about The Avengers is the opening pilot, witch truly is exiting and thrilling. I found this movie highly entertaining, because it's so damn good and unique, and it's packed with great actors and the movie overall is cool and touching. The negative thing about The Avengers is that the tempo is a little to slow at some places, but also that there were some scenes that they took from other movies (like Transformers), but except for that it The Avengers truly fascinating!

The Avengers gets a 9/10
  4. Mar 8, 2014
    The problem I see in this movie was the theme, which is not very well designed, and were supposed to be more. It has lots of action and stunning visuals, but only enough, in my opinion, this 6.
  5. Mar 4, 2014
    A rather simple plot is elevated greatly by slick, stylish and witty dialogue and script. It's also worth noting that Whedon in a few scenes cleverly avoids contrivance, which seems to be a staple and almost a cliche nowadays for superhero movies. Overall, this films lives up to its hype and it's definitely up there for one of my favourite action movies.
  6. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch one of the most overrated piece of entertainment since call of duty, The Avengers. Watch one of the most forgettable superhero/ action movie of 2012. See one of the most basic story plots rip off other popular moments from other films E.g. The Dark Knight, Transformers, Star Wars and Power ranger? Watch the film that has terrible character development for all the characters except Tony Stark. See one of the worst Hulks and the worst actor to play Bruce Banner "Christ i almost mistook it for the BFG, i mean what the hell happened to Ed Norton". Watch how all these super hero movies can do what Christopher Nolan can do in just one film. "My god how the hell did this get so many good ratings". Expand
  7. Feb 24, 2014
    Great fun! Mark Ruffalo as Hulk totally owns Eric Bana's poor performance and also surpassess Norton's Hulk. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow... oh dead God that leather suit.. I don't need to talk about it no more.. Just watch this movie if you want a great popcorn flick.
  8. Feb 16, 2014
    Since this genre is never my first choice, I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked and enjoyed "The Avengers". The film didn't aim for anything deep and ambiguous, it was just pure fun and enjoyment; a great blockbuster movie and a great superhero movie. The choreography in the action scenes was well stylized, cinematography was nice and clean, and the humor was witty and actually humorous. I would recommend it to both Marvel fans and other people. Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2014
    The Godfather Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thus Far.
    The Characters Are Flawlessly Acted, The Script Is Brilliant, & It Can Make Anyone Feel Marvelous.
  10. Feb 13, 2014
    The Avengers is possibly the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It kept me on the edge of my seat nearly the entire movie! The Avengers tied up every prequel that came before it which I really liked. I bought the movie for Blu-Ray and watch it nearly every time I get the chance to. The Avengers keeps me wrapped up in the mysteries and funny moments.
  11. Feb 3, 2014
    Perfect example of an overrated movie. The saying "Less is more" applies here. There are too many super heroes in this film and none of them are used appropriately. The movie is also much longer than it needs to be. It never seems to end and for most of it, it is boring and forgettable. By the time the real action begins, you're already more than 3/4s into the film. This is a dumb stupid popcorn movie featuring a dumb stupid team of superheroes. Ironman on his own or Hulk on his own are great but throw them in with goody two shoes Captain America whose character is flat, boring and lifeless or Mr. Bulging Biceps Thor who isn't a super hero at all (He's a mythical God. Next time, the Avengers should recruit Zeus or Jesus Christ) and is the beefed up equivalent of Brandan Frasier's boy in a bunker and its just gets sloshed around into a muddled mess. Expand
  12. Feb 1, 2014
    Mala muy sobre valorada, Joss Whedon puede ser bue guionista pero como director deja mucho que desear, la película es decepcionante y todos parecen niños desesperados por esta película. Una historia muy simple.
  13. Jan 15, 2014
    Whoa, this movie is unquestionably a "Must Watch" for all Marvelites around the globe. This film features a unique combination of Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk and one of the most loved and awesome villains, Loki! Joss Whedon should be the face of Marvel! I'd love it if the Avengers 2 included Spider-Man!
  14. Jan 11, 2014
    Cool, funny, beautiful and interesting. Director Joss Whedon managed to completely different characters to combine them into one command so that each would not take over the movie.

The Avengers 2012 blockbuster best and best movie Marvel comics. Stark Tony / Iron Man excellent jokes. Loki turned out very cool villain. The other characters are also good. In the film, excellent special
    effects, cool action, a great cast and funny jokes. Expand
  15. Jan 6, 2014
    Well let's everybody enjoy ourselves with a quality superhero flick that is... In its first multiple superhero team-up, executed nearly flawlessly. Consider the many opportunities that this movie had a chance to create gaping plot holes, only to be masterfully minimized by Whedon and his team.
  16. Jan 3, 2014
    this film just works. each marvel hero is woven into the story seamlessly, and the script sparkles with their interplay. it is essentially a classic comic book movie so the story doesn't really hold up, but hell, it's damn entertaining and has some very funny moments.
  17. Dec 30, 2013
    If Marvel had made several unconnected movies of various superheroes, it would have been sufficient. By making them all part of one massive universe- and capping it off with this studio masterpiece- they created a legend. I loved The Avengers because it didn't try to be anything more than what it was: a pulse-pounding thrill ride complete with epic action sequences, solid acting, vibrant special effects, and a whole lot of gut-busting humor. A prime example of entertainment at its highest level. Expand
  18. Dec 30, 2013
    The action is extremely well done, and fortunately there are a couple of interesting characters on screen (Tony Stark [Ironman], Steve Rogers [Cpt. America]) to provide a bit more. Otherwise, we're talking about a completely cartoony plot, with one dimensional (at best) characters (how hard was it to make *Loki* interesting?!), and junior-high grade dialog.
  19. Dec 29, 2013
    Just recently sat down and watched the film again for a second time, nuff said thsi film can only be described as one of the most Badass comic book films of all time, in fact pretty much all Marvel films are amazingly badass so yeah.
    The Avengers:10/10 WATCH THIS AMAZINGLY POLISHED
  20. Dec 22, 2013
    Special effects, explosions, men and women in tight clothing, building on the franchise. It's your average superhero movie, what can I say. I'm biased, for sure, I don't mind Marvel's movieverse(s) and have grown attached to their cinematic versions of the heroes I had originally been introduced to through the comics. If you're either an avid and loyal fan of the original comic books or not much of a Marvel fan at all, it's probably a movie you can go without watching. Knowing more about the characters beforehand definitely adds sentimental appeal and perhaps provides more entertainment; it's a hunk of fanboy/girl material and clever marketing. Expand
  21. Dec 21, 2013
    Why all the hate it's a fun movie to watch featuring some of the hottest stars alive it actually gets better with each time viewing and I'm NOT a fan of comics
  22. Dec 17, 2013
    A fun ride. Favorite parts were the physics ideas in action scenes. Least favorite part was the lack of focus, how everything just kept moving on so fast you never really got to reflect about anything. Also, the setup with the energy source that is also super dangerous reminded me of The Dark Knight Rises and I had overall seen a lot of the ideas before. The movie could have established sympathy with the heroes or with civilians, instead it asks you to automatically feel for humanity or New York or whatever. I honestly didn't, so it never crossed over into an emotionally engaged territory. But yeah, it's fun I guess. Expand
  23. Dec 16, 2013
    The Avengers is definitely one extremely fun movie. It doesn't transcend the genre's storytelling limits like Nolan's Batman trilogy did, but the whole thing probably would have collapsed trying to do this anyways. Instead it smartly embraces the lunacy of comic books rather than try to reject it. This means that the film becomes a little to silly at times, but it also allows it to be built from the ground up as a gigantic showcase for an array of very exciting action set pieces. It's definitely not a very deep or thought provoking film, but it's elevated well above the average explosion fest by its style, sense of fun, more than solid visual effects, and well established, albeit somewhat cartoony and overly flamboyant, characters. It's one of the most entertaining superhero movies out there. Expand
  24. Dec 15, 2013
    Una cagada, aburrida por momentos, las peleas son flojas, sin EPICA sin EMOCIÓN una mierda en general. Fue muy sobre valorada. La gente es ciega, salí del cine re decepcionado.
  25. Dec 13, 2013
    It has to be pretty hard to do a movie with all these super heroes together and not do a horrible movie. So if only because it´s not a disaster by any means I give it a pass with a score of 5 out of 10. Apart from that the movie is not impacting or emotional or emotive or anything. It just keep you entertained while it lasts. But you quickly forget about it the moment it is over. Not impressive at all. Batman or Spiderman movies have so much more emotional content and lasting impact, just to give two examples. The thing that should be unquestionable is the great visual effects, but even that becomes not that impressive only a year later, when we had in 2013 several blockbusters doing it better and bigger, especially Star Trek into Darkness and Man of Steel (the most epic action in a super hero movie to date). Not even the score is especially good or something like in Nolan´s Batman or Man of Steel cases. Really forgettable no matter how much money it did thanks to the normal publicity generated by putting all these super heros together. Expand
  26. Dec 13, 2013
    I can't find a single reason to give this movie a 9.This is perfect film certainly the best movie of the year for me.The characters are great and the last battle true epicness that you can't get enough.Our culture is much richer and glorius with this movie at our hands.
  27. Dec 10, 2013
    Decepcionante, es una adaptación bastante fría, sin emoción no eh visto nada EPICO en esta película, su tono infantil la caga un poco. La expectativa fue mucha y termino siendo una decepción total.
  28. Dec 8, 2013
    A get together of superheroes should have been set more entertainingly. When you don't have a story good enough, even a lot of superheroes fail to keep you hooked. The Aviator might have sounded exciting on paper, but what I watched was a let-down. I take consolation in knowing that it worked out for the majority of its audience (purely going by the ratings shown here). Can't wait for the sequel!!! With all due respect, 1/5 sounds fair enough for the experience. Miss the good old days wherein I can picture myself enjoying this sort of movie. Expand
  29. Dec 7, 2013
    I had never thought that I would see this kind of movie-franchise team up, and I have to congratulate Marvel for doing something that is now being copied by Sony and Fox (with their Spiderman and X-Men franchises). I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? What? Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. The car chase in the beginning is boring. I personally think it's overrated. I liked Loki, but he and his army seem pretty weak. I just didn't enjoy this movie. HowevervI like the action.

Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

(P.S, you may have seen this review by me under "andrewgarcia 732". I can't get into my old account and have started new one.

As always, If you liked or didn't like this review, you can read my other ones and mark this review as helpful.)
  30. Nov 29, 2013
    The truth is that neither film excited me at any time, lacks epic, awesome and it was very overrated. The truth donot like people I went crazy for this movie.
  31. Nov 27, 2013
    He did not like much. I expected much better. The film was highly overrated, no epic, no emotion, nothing was a cinch. People are very rare, then criticize the serious films like Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises, the truth is that this is awesome.
  32. Nov 24, 2013
    I was wondering how they could've ben able to have done it, especially since I was hyped for it for years. As it seems, I was let down by a couple of things, but the action and the story were what kept me siting there. Overall, it was worth the wait.
  33. Nov 18, 2013
    I expected MUCH more from this movie, I could see a story in this film that really convinced me. I saw more special effects. El personaje de Iron Man, solo arrogancia, no se como les gusta a muchos, una mierda de pelicula
  34. Nov 17, 2013
    This Is My Favourite Movie, The Action Is Fun, The Humor is Funny, Just A Really Extremely Awesome Movie Check it Out Seriously Do So Right Now.... NOW!
  35. Nov 13, 2013
    Probably one of the finest Marvel movies released (behind the first Iron Man of course). Joss Whedon's ability to bring several characters into one picture truly translates well.
  36. Nov 6, 2013
    The Nuclear Bomb Of Awesomeness & Excitement
    **The Avengers**

* If this movie fails to bring you the Awesomeness & Wonderful Excitement Then you wont get those things in any movies which you see in future The Avengers the movie which stood as pinnacle for delivering such Awesomeness & Excitement which you would never have expected Basically the movie consist of major MARVEL
    characters such as Iron Man,Hulk & Thor with each characters having movie of their own in different perspective.In this movie they are all brought back together without changing any of their contents from their origin movies.These movies which has been a building blocks for the development of the avengers Packing these huge movies putting their contents into one package would surely create a mess to handle such complicated task of displaying multiple attributes of different films and their characters is not an easy task to be handled with But Director And Screen play writer Joss Whedon has done an amazing & fantastic job of handling those issues and developing these characters to a new level not only that but developed their attributes to a new level as well its shows how talented and skillful joss whedon really is The screen play is fantastic in this movie every characters interaction with one another is spectacular its show how well the script has been written.In this movie most important thing is that every major characters have enough screen time to play and its brilliant considering the characters importance in this film All actors in this movie has given their amazing performance each and every actors in this movie needs to be applauded for their performance they were all simple,humors & displayed their acting with such elegance which you cannot find any fault!. In category of action its ""SPECTACULAR""every fighting scene in this movie is worth watching many times its very awesome seeing your heroes fighting in big screen .Action sequence in this film is simply "AMAZING". My thanks to special effects department they did an amazing job of bringing EARTH MIGHTIEST HEROES in big screen. Overall this movie will make you filled with Excitement and Awesomeness to the end .Simply to put in one word its "EPIC".." A Must Watch Movie "!.

THE AVENGERS **********

(10/10) Stars
  37. Nov 4, 2013
    I have been waiting a long time to see this movie. And I'm going to start off by saying that "The Avengers" is incredible. The action scenes are spectacularly exciting, with excellent use of visuals and CGI. One of my favorite scenes was when the camera spins around the superheroes because that was epic. This could well be one of the best summer blockbusters ever made.
  38. Oct 19, 2013
    avengers is a good superhero movie that entertains enough, marvel managed to make several characters become the center of the story, not the best superhero movie of all time but it deserves to be seen.
  39. Oct 19, 2013
    I hate how marvel shows their heroes today, very violent and taking so many lives. they are too brutal and it's hard to view them as heroes especially when a huge part of marvel's fan base are children. They are viewed as gods and its ridiculous that they just take a life at will. Another thing that I hate is marvel is just being a copycat with this movie. With Loki purposely getting captured like the joker in the dark knight then destroying the air base from within just like how joker destroyed the police station. Another thing is the whole destroy the mothership and kill the whole army this is copied from Battle L.A. And Star Wars the phantom menace. Marvel is just a mediocre copycat company. They should be more original with the wonderful characters that they have. Expand
  40. Oct 6, 2013
    I had been waiting to watch this movie, as it looked cool enough. I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? Awesome! Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. I mean what good superhero movie starts with a pretty boring car chase and bland dialogue/scripts? I personally think it's pretty overrated. Cliched, predictable and shallow. I liked Loki though and liked the superheros fighting aliens.

However, there's also a lot of mistakes with the plot. For example, while Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America are fighting, they leave Loki, their supervillain prisoner unattended. Also, SHIELD's entire Heli-Carrier is almost destroyed by one freaking arrow. All of The Avengers talk and pretend to have ear pieces even though they don't have any. Also, the Chitauri are nothing like they are in the comics. (And there's that annoying bickering between characters...) Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

If you like this review, read my other ones and mark this as helpful.
  41. Sep 21, 2013
    The Avengers is a solid effort to combine some very powerful heroes into a single storyline. There are some elements that aren't perfect, including an unusually irritating Tony Stark. Loki chews the scenery and lights up every scene he's in.
  42. Sep 20, 2013
    For the most part, the Avengers was solid, and it kept me entertained; which is the sole purpose, right? The star-studded cast was all there, ready to make a great action movie. Some parts even made me laugh, more than I expected. I like Colbie Smulders, who played Agent Maria Hill, since she plays Robin on How I Met Your Mother. But, I think we all have to admit, she didn't only get the part for her amazing acting talents. We all know she 's pretty. Expand
  43. Sep 20, 2013
    "The Avengers" was probably one of the most exhilarating movies I have ever watched. It creative mix of characters and its unstoppable action is as epic as it can be. The only slight downside of it is its relatively simple plot, but it is an action movie, and it's large budget is mostly for enhancing that. I am pretty sure that the sequel scheduled for 2015 is a movie that I will watch.
  44. Aug 24, 2013
    Enough action to go with the plot, which is remarkably sensible and it's pacing get's to the main point quickly. The depth of each characters personalities (especially those of Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr.) interrelate to create this energetic tone to the film. It's and eye popping extravaganza.
  45. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.2] It's by far the best Marvel movie since the original Iron Man movie, and just as much fun. Colorful characters, a likable cast, and outstanding production. There's not much I don't like about this movie.
  46. Aug 23, 2013
    The Avengers at first dissapointed me, but it grew on me. The film gradually builds up from being boring and full of emotionless events and non-exciting action to an extremely exciting climax, the middle of the film was suspence filled build up to the climax near the end. The near-end climax of the story and action did not dissapoint me, as it was one of the most exciting group of scenes in all movies. The acting and character building was great in this film; although the story wasn't the best, it was pretty darn good and certainly kept me watching but the story wasn't the only thing keeping me watching... The action was non-stop and incredibly exciting throughout the last 50 minutes, it made me smile to see all of the characters work together to save the citizens of New York and, well, the world.
    Although The Avengers starts blandly and boringly, it gradually builds up to an incredibly exciting climax; The Avengers may not be the best super hero film I've seen, but it's still very good and definetely deserves to be watched around the world. So I give this film a... 87/100!
  47. Aug 22, 2013
    Man, where to begin...this is one of my favorite movies of the last 12 years. This movie exceeded my expectations. The cast could not have been picked better. RDJ did a phenomenal job as Tony Stark as he always does, Chris Evans redeemed himself from the Fantastic Four with Captain America and came back with a vengeance here. Chris Hemsworth, well done. Jeremy Renner, didn't know him until this movie. Damn. And what can I say about Mark Ruffalo? Best damn Bruce Banner portrayal since Lou Ferigno. WELL done! The plot was fluid, it made sense, it was engaging, gripping and didn't lose my attention at all. The fact that they connected every movie before it together to make this: Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk. Amazing idea and it worked perfectly. This is as close to a perfect Marvel action film as there can be. Expand
  48. Aug 8, 2013
    I walked into the theater expecting something great and I couldn't wait to finally see what everyone was raving about. I was disappointed. Though the action scenes were exciting and the character played by Tom Hiddleson was pleasing, the dialogue throughout the movie was terrible and forced. It seemed like the scenes that wasn't accompanied by fighting was boring and uneventful. This movie had a great story line and plot but failed to be put together correctly. Expand
  49. Aug 6, 2013
    Incredibly cliched, predictable and shallow. - No tension or suspense. - Cheesy one liners. - Not a shred of seriousness or genuine emotion. - Lame main villain. - Little to no character development. - Annoying bickering between characters. - Repetitive, linear, predictable, and ridiculous plot that features Loki repeatedly escaping from the avengers. - Bits of humor. - Good performance from Robert Downey Jr.
    - Good action and special effects.

Could be one of the most overrated movies of all-time! The second time that I watched it, I fell asleep about an hour into it. It's not a horrible movie, but it's definitely NOT a perfect 10/10. The first Ironman and Captain America were much more logical and had more dimensions to their plots.
    THIS IS FAR FROM A PERFECT MOVIE.
  50. Aug 5, 2013
    The Avengers 9/10.....................................................................................................................................
  51. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was absolutely incredible, it had the right amount of explosive action, it was hysterical, everything the perfect superhero movie movie needs and what superhero fans want and then some times six. The Avengers in one word was simply "marvel"ous!
  52. Aug 1, 2013
    The Avengers was a great movie one of the best movies of all time it was a dream to see all those characters on the screen at one time. The fight scenes were epic and the cast was excellent it was a really great movie.
  53. Jul 28, 2013
    Melhor filme de super-heróis/ação de todos os tempos, sem sombra de dúvida e esse filme não tem como enjoar já assisti ele 3 vezes seguidas sem cansar, sempre que não tenho nada pra fazer vejo ele, já vi mais vezes do que consigo contar e ainda vejo.
  54. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a fantastically made movie, with incredible acting and visuals. The dialogue is great, humorous and is almost ripped from the comics! (with the exception of Hawkeye) However when you look at the film from a normal viewers perspective, it's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, seriously the climax is very similar but in this you'll actually care! Worth a watch, will definitely not disappoint but it's no magnum opus. Expand
  55. Jul 24, 2013
    This movie is brilliant from start to finish.The villan is perfect but so are the superheroes. The last battle is entertaining as well as enthralling.
  56. Jul 24, 2013
    Rather than the Avengers It felt like the Averages, I decided to wait a while before attempting this movie and I gotta say it felt like alot of friends hyped this movie up with nothing substantial to back it up. It felt like I watched a big argument of super heroes until it was time to serious up and fight space aliens, and... thats it, no serious amounts of tension save for the taking down of the Helicarrier. Expand
  57. Jul 19, 2013
    todos los superheroes serie una peliculas de 10.00. horas sin embargo solo accion no rellena el vacio de lo monotono no es merecida de grandes cosas como son cada uno de sus heroes
  58. Jul 12, 2013
    Avengers is a great superhero flick combining the efforts of a number of superhero films and putting the leading starts together. It's slow paced at times, and rather long, but this is definitely made up for when it comes to the Action scenes, in particular towards the end. I'm still not a big Iron Man fan but he's bareable in this, but everyone else is pretty likable and they all do a great job. Overall it's clearly one for the fans but I'm not a major superhero lover and I enjoyed it too! Expand
  59. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are familiar with Whedon's stuff, then you know what to expect from this film.
    The first part of the film involves the interaction of these superhero characters: for those who have not seen the previous related films (Thor, Captain America, the Hulk and Iron Man films) this serves as an introduction to these characters, as well as insight into other lesser known heroes. For the rest of us it's a fun clash, filled with great one-liners and show of power as one tries to outdo the other. Even though this takes up half of the film it is done in a fast-paced action-filled manner that is not only far from boring (even to those of us familiar with the characters) but insightful (and funny did I mention the film is funny?).
    The second part of the film sees these characters come together to fight the common enemy. As unlikely as it seems, they find a way to not only support each other but also to acknowledge each others worth. The film manages to get all the characters have their time to shine and prove that they are indispensable to the team, which is no mean feat seeing as there are so many of them.
    The action scenes are plentiful, grand and clean, meaning that there is no wibbly-wobbly camera work or annoying quick-action blink-and-you'll-miss-it garbage.
    The plot has a few holes in it examples in the bracket following warning! spoiler alert within the brackets!
    (we hear Loki has killed at least 80 people and the Avengers continue to bicker, however when one agent dies they decide to put their differences aside?! The Hulk appears and tries to kill Black Widow, but when Toni Stark calls on him to return he is one of the Avengers?! Maybe there where explanations but I either missed them or found them a bit too thin).
    Having said that, the characters where engaging, the action plentiful and the humour marvelous so as to allow me to let such plot-holes slide. Did I mention that I really loved the humour in this film?

The acting wasn't exactly oscar-worthy (but then again neither is that of some recent oscar-winners) however it is enough to make them as believable as any comic-book character can get. The exception here is Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner/Hulk. Exceptional work, giving a quiet-storm-like quality to Bruce Banner and all the intensity needed for the Hulk.

The 3D was a bit disappointing I expected more in-your-face, duck-to-get-outta-the-way imagery, but then again maybe that was intentional, making it sure I didn't miss a scene.

Overall, a fun (did I mention how funny the film was?) action-packed film, over 2 hours long and I didn't even notice! Well worth seeing!
  60. Jul 4, 2013
    Walking out of the movie theater, all I could say was "Wow." With enough spectacle and a great story line, this is one of Marvel's greatest films to date. "The Avengers" is humorous, inventive, and uses all of the superheroes in the Avengers to creative a witty tale that uses top notch actors to deliver.
  61. Jun 28, 2013
    one of the greatest movie.I love it so much,I watched it 5 times in 5 days. Iron man is the best. ;3 Everyone should watch this movie.lol 10/10
  62. Jun 27, 2013
    The Avengers has all the traits of a Marvel movie. The protagonists are humorous and intelligent, there's a lot of actions, and it makes a lot of money in the box office. However, the Avengers takes all of these traits and amps them up. The actions is bigger and better, there are more protagonists, leading to better and funnier dialogue, and the movie is a lot more fun as a result. You'll definitely have a good time watching the Avengers. It's not a revolutionary movie, but it doesn't have to be. It's just a fun action movie that never slows down. Expand
  63. Jun 24, 2013
    Best Marvel film I've seen- and I've seen many (not that that means much to you reading this). It was overall a very good movie, funny, and yes, 'action-packed' but overall have a solid story line and well above average acting.
    It was such a comic book lover's Christmas Morning- filled to the brim with innuendo of past and future movies and comics.
    Well-enjoyed and overall... good.
  64. Jun 24, 2013
    I watched the captain america movie.I could say that i was not impressed at all but when the movie ended there was a prety good ending and even a better ending after the credits.
    That leaded me to the the avengers.
    Then i realised that captain america was just a warm up for what to come next.
    So i fired the avengers thinking that it will be an average movie just like captain america.

The result i was just blown away.This movie is a near masterpiece.Damn black widow should have been cooler but the movie is just insane.
    I recommend it as a must see
  65. Jun 20, 2013
    Although in some parts it tries too hard to be funny, The Avengers overall solidifies itself as the second best superhero flick ever (behind The Dark Knight).
    This is the ultimate film for Comic fans, and it's an amazingly good film.
  66. Jun 19, 2013
    The best action movie with superheroes. All the characters are well done and the plot is good. I liked the action scenes and i have to admit that i actually liked iron man and hulk in that film, who i don't really like them. Thumbs up for the avengers.The effects are well done too
  67. Jun 17, 2013
    Great visuals but I really can't understand all the hype for the avengers i found it entertaining no more no less it's so overrated and predictable
  68. Jun 16, 2013
    While it is a good attempt, The Avengers fails at the true essence of the superhero genre. The avengers has amazing acting yes, however they cannot help interest me in the more dramatic scenes, which are extremely slow paced and boring. Though Hulk's character was well explored, Hawkeye's character wasn't explored much and I was never interested in him. Action sequences are a pain to watch because of the poor cinematography. It just looks like the cameras are whizzing around everywhere and is an eyesore. Story is not that great either. In superhero movies, Story is worth at leas 45% of the entire movie. The story was not explained well and I couldn't care less about it. This could have been a great movie but missed a great chance of becoming one. Expand
  69. Jun 16, 2013
    In the decade it's taken to bring everything together, we've continually been promised that the Avengers would be the superhero movie to change all superhero movies and it's a damn good thing, because I really hate superhero movies. Three things made this film standout and shine over the many, many superhero films that have been released. The most obvious thing is the huge, superstar, cast. Not only is it incredibly difficult to bring a cast like this together, but to get them to work together, without getting in each others way must have been nearly impossible. Second, even though the film involves superheroes and outer space, it seems somewhat realistic to us. These heroes have families, personalities, feelings, people get hurt, and some people even die, letting us see the human side of these characters. Finally, the Direction of Joss Whedon brings it all together. Whedon has always had this unique ability to put his own style on spin on things, at first it seems strange, but ultimately we come to love it. He is such an underrated Director, who brings so much to everything he's a part of, and it's great to see him get to do a huge project like this. The Avengers was special, not only because it took a decade to make, but because if you saw all the individual movies first, like I did, you feel a connection to these guys, it's almost like you know them personally and you expect them to act in certain ways when they all come together. The individual films really built up the excitement and helped the Avengers to become a billion dollar earner at the box office. From the performances to the special effects this was once exciting, terrific movie, and may be as close to perfect as a superhero movie will ever get. Expand
  70. Jun 9, 2013
    The best superhero movie of all time. This movie is so amazing, bringing the superheroes together and forming the avengers was the perfect idea for marvel. Loki played a great villain in this movie and it was a lot of action and pretty hilarious. This movie had so much action that it was hard to take your eyes of the screen for just a second. Iron man was the most exciting thing about this movie to me. This is definitely one of my favorite movies and if you watch the extra ending of the movie it gives you a clue that Thanos will be in the next movie. Watching this movie tells you that the guardians of the galaxy will be very good. Expand
  71. Jun 6, 2013
    The story is based more on action than plot. That said, I wouldn't say the plot is bad, it's just not particularly strong. It overcomes that with great action sequences, passable acting (great in the cases of Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo), and likable characters. It's a superhero movie, so don't expect anything in depth, but it is a fun movie.
  72. Jun 6, 2013
    The Avengers. It's what they call themselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing. Yeah, takes them a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: A demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins. They have a Freakin Hulk!!

This movie is everything a comic book movie should be.
  73. Jun 3, 2013
    This was a lot of fun to watch. Not only was it action-packed but it was also hilarious. There's a lot of funny dialog and action sequences. Iron Man and the Hulk really made the movie!
  74. May 31, 2013
    As a guy who enjoys superhero movies, I have to say that The Avengers is one of the best superhero movies of all time. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Iron Man. Chris Evans was great as Captain America. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic as Bruce Banner and Tom Hiddleston was amazing as Loki, who is one of my favorite super villains ever. The plot was extraordinary. Just do yourself a favor and watch this movie. Expand
  75. May 30, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie, this movie was absolutely amazing! Also, if I'm being completely honest, I went in assuming it would be another highly overrated superhero movie that couldn't like up to the hype. It definitely wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with the critics. Boy was I mistaken. Outside of the films from Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, this is easily the best superhero movie ever made. They plot developed perfectly, the action sequences were incredible, there were a lot of unexpectedly humorous scenes and dialogue, and the characters and actors were all great. One of my concerns going in was how they would possibly give each character their fair shake. Well the great Joss Whedon did a great job keeping a perfect balance between staying true to the individual characters while further introducing a developing Black Widow and Hawkeye. Another thing, Mark Ruffalo did a marvelous job as Bruce Banner. A lot of people were worried about him in that role and were upset about the change from Edward Norton. Maybe it's because I'm biased and loathe Norton but I thought Ruffalo did a better job as Banner. I wouldn't have minded them focusing a little more time on the Hawkeye character and I wouldn't have minded if they actually squeezed in Natalie Portman's character for a quick scene or two but the movie really didn't need it. I just think if you can put Portman on screen, you put Portman on screen, lol. I also wouldn't have minded if they focused a bit more on the villainous pawns and where they come from but I have a feeling we'll find out more about them in the following Avengers sequels so I can't be too upset about that. All in all, if you like superhero movies, action movies, or just kick ass movies in general, you should like this movie too. Expand
  76. May 27, 2013
    I don't like all characters, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and antagonist. Their weaon, costume, armor is very unattractive. I don't like superhero movies. They are invincible, they always win easily. That is why I love protagonist from horror movies or mafia movie, the protagonist dies or survive. Protagonist who try to survive with kitchen knife, axe, or pistol with 3 bullets, like Erin from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Expand
  77. May 24, 2013
    I love this movie. The special affects were excellent and I love how the characters have to come together and work on the same side instead of all going there own way. I hope the next movie is as good.
  78. May 22, 2013
    This movie pulls off what it is trying to do perfectly. The acting is great, the plot, while not complex, works, and the visual effects are stunning. While not as good as The Dark Knight Rises, This movie perfectly does what it set out to do. But seriously, during the last big fight, how are they talking to each other without earpieces?
  79. May 19, 2013
    This movie is terrible the story is dog and I don't see why people buzz about it I turned it off after 40 mins and Loki come on why not red skull...
  80. May 15, 2013
    The mother of all Superhero movies. Really enjoyed it, Absolutely Electrified me. The Avengers definitely was the cherry on top of the cake of Marvels Phase 1 and will be loved by fans in this entire realm for Generations to come.
  81. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ''this song was kick ass from start to finish i new it was going to be chronic all the superheros were 10/10 the acting was the same and i was in love with the hulk he kicked ass expecially when he fought Loki and loki was like u are a dull creature i am a god then hulk kicks his ass Expand
  82. May 13, 2013
    This is last year's summer blockbuster. The Avengers has its moments and you won't fall asleep, but it is a bit too busy, probably because it has five or six superheroes too many, including two from Norse mythology. I'm not sure that Loki and Thor count as superheroes. Thor is the Norse god of thunder; in this film, he is frequently depicted wielding a gold oversized hammer that looks like a giant dreidel. Loki is, according to mythology, a rather weird loner of a god who causes all kinds of mischief, and he is famous for being a shapeshifter, an attribute which is not explored in this story. In this film, Loki is the mad genius who wants to destroy the world, the typical villain that turns up in every superhero movie from Batman to Austin Powers to the T-Rex in Jurassic Park. In Norse mythology, Loki is constantly fouling things up, and he is not a nice god, but he doesn't have enough ambition or smarts to try to destroy the planet.

For example, in a famous mythological scene, Odin, the chief god, is on planet Earth strolling along to pay a respectful visit the King of the Dwarves. Odin is accompanied by Loki and another god. The King's son is also a shapeshifter, and the son is lounging by the stream in the shape of an otter. Loki sees the otter, and all he can think is “lunch,” so while Odin walks on ahead, Loki stops to kill the otter, throw it over his shoulders, and then give the poor Dwarf King a real shock when he enters the house a few minutes behind Odin, carrying some delectable meat. This causes Odin all kinds of problems, as he then has to find a way to give the Dwarf King restitution for the death of his son. Tom Hiddleston as Loki does a very good portrayal of unrelenting evil, but the relation to the mythological Loki is weak.

Even Robert Downey Jr. gets lost in the sauce, since his Iron Man has much less screen time here than what he's used to, and he's sharing the set with too many other A-listers. Downey is a little out of shape in this film, a state he seems to have recently corrected, but the main problem is that Iron Man as a team player doesn't seem to work. Mark Ruffalo's the Hulk is so hulking and destructive that he gets on your nerves. He's a bull in a china shop, and his massive destructiveness is a little annoying. The pleasant surprise is Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow. Her best scene is when she's tied to a chair and is seemingly being interrogated, if not tortured, but in fact she is the one conducting the interrogation by asking a lot of questions while perceived as being in a state of bondage from which she cannot escape. When she has to answer her cell phone, she drops the ruse, beats everybody up, and gets back to the office. That scene is worth the rest of the movie.

The film is entertaining on a somewhat juvenile level, but given that it made over a billion dollars, the producers are obviously not concerned about high art with respect to this genre.
  83. May 13, 2013
    I don't know if I'm missing something here. I felt like the Avengers had it's moments, but they were moments. The movie was predominantly stupid, which is frustrating. I watched the avengers act like children. I watched both the avengers, and the bad guys make dumb decisions. Hawkeye, you blew up one engine with an arrow. Why not blow up two, or three, or four? Oh, okay. You're going to hack the system to shut down the other one. Right. And I feel like this would be acceptable, if the film owned up to it. If there was some reason that being dumb was okay. But it didn't major plot twists were created, and solved on mistakes, jealousies, and blunders. That's a lot less fun than cleverness. Expand
  84. May 12, 2013
    Everything happens very fast which helps maintain a constant climax, with a story that humanizes the heroes, and scenes as spectacular as those of Transformers 3, what could be better is the largest participation of Thor and Captain America, and the decentralization of the plot in Iron Man and Hulk.
  85. Apr 26, 2013
    Not only is The Avengers a great film by itself, its also a great; Iron Man movie, Captain America movie, Hulk movie and Thor movie. With the huge potential of failure from the unprecedented build up, it is one of the biggest comic book achievements ever
  86. Apr 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whoever digs deep to find the faults of this film will also have to dig through an epic amount of fun in the process. I thoroughly enjoyed this film for exactly what it is: a Super Hero movie. I wasn't overly convinced with some of the 'phase 1' films, Thor was average, Caption America was fairly poor and the Hulk films where dreadful. However I loved the Iron Man movies as Robert Downey Jr. Is exceptional and he's even better in the Avengers. Joss Whedon is a genius for making this work as I was never convinced he would. I'm also pleased he's over seeing the 'phase 2' projects as he's shown he understands the production values of what makes a perfect Marvel movie. The cast is superb, Robert Downey Jr. steals the show delving deeper into the complex character that is Tony Stark. Other than Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Christopher Reeves' Superman, I think Robert Downey Jr. is the best casted actor to play a superhero to date. There's been multiple incarnations of Batman, Spider-Man and the Hulk, but the thought of somebody else playing Iron Man other than RDJ feels like having Christmas Day without a Turkey. It just would not work. Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans convincingly make the numbers up but neither of them stand out from the crowd. Scarlett Johansson is brilliant again as Natasha Romanov/Black Widow. Her character deserves a stand alone movie and although she's more like Tomb Raider than a superhero, a Black Widow film would be awesome. The surprise of the film is Mark Ruffalo who's nailed the character of Bruce Banner. Third time lucky for Marvel who tried Eric Bana and Edward Norton previously to play the Hulk but they where both unconvincing and instantly forgettable. I think what worked third time around was that producers focused more on getting the character of Bruce Banner perfect before they worried about the CG of the alter-ego the Hulk. To add to that, the CG for the Hulk in the Avengers is the best to date. I'm not a massive Hulk fan but I would happily welcomes a Hulk film if it casts Ruffalo again. They've found a winning formula with Ruffalo so I hope Marvel stick with him. The biggest disappointment is Jeremy Renner. He's a great actor playing the great character Hawkeye, but I think Joss Whedon presented this character wrong. Jeremy Renner's acting talent was wasted and he just seemed to be forgotten about. I hope there's a Hawkeye movie for Jeremy Renner's sake as he deserves the chance to show everyone he can offer more to the role. Tom Hiddleston does well to fill the big role of the villain considering he's competing alongside a huge array of talent. His performance as Loki however is by no means up there with the best of cinematic superhero villains. For example Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor and both Jack Nicholson's and Heath Ledger's performances as the Joker are timeless. Samuel L. Jackson is on form and has a larger input in this Marvel film which is good, I hope he's involved in the Shield TV series but I doubt he'll step down to TV. Last but not least without further a do, Clark Gregg's Agent Coulson deserves the last word. I was gutted that he got killed off, but he's apparently reappearing in the Shield TV series. He's consistently been brilliant in all the 'phase 1' films and its a shame to think he won't be involved in 'phase 2'. Overall Avengers is a great film, great visuals, great choreography of action and great performances. Its the first super hero film to give Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy a taste of competition but in a totally different way. This is by no means award winning material, but the Avengers doesn't want awards, it wants everyone to have an epic amount of fun. Joss Whedon I salute you! Expand
  87. Apr 17, 2013
    Why. Why is there support for a bland film such as this? I'm telling you, it's just not that good. The characters are virtually the same. None of them have any real interesting characteristics or attributes that grabbed my attention other than Samuel L. Jackson simply because he is Samuel L. Jackson. Robert Downey Jr. and the other Avengers all act at the same level of social communication, but they jut have arguments in between to fool the audience that there is tension in the film. The villain is a laughable archetype in the movie, included with the most original lines such as "I will rule this world" and "The end of this world is nigh". 80% of the movie takes place on the airship with nothing to do but squabble and run into accidents. It's extremely boring, and the special effects and "classic comic lines" are not worth my time nor should they be worth anybody's. The Avengers does not deserve the praise it gets. Expand
  88. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Visually, the movie is a treat. And that ends to positive portion of my review. I basically agree with most of the negative reviews, but I refuse to give the movie a 1 or 2. It most certainly wasn't that bad. I just felt that I was waiting the whole film for something to bring me to the edge of my seat, and it didn't happen. The final battle scene was terrible. It went on and on and on, and got dumber and dumber as it did. It felt like it was half the movie, but after the first 2 or 3 minutes of the battle, we'd seen it all. It didn't need to drone on like a bad philosophy professor. There were two many characters for any of them to be written well. I hated the Captain America movie, but I was more interested in his character then than I was in this one. Bruce Banner was pathetic. And could someone please explain to me how Hulk suddenly could go from wanted to kill Black Widow to suddenly understanding everything? The Ironman Mark 7 bit was ridiculous, and some of the arrows that Hawkeye used were ludicrous. Yes, I am keeping in mind this was based on a comic, but come on! Expand
  89. Apr 7, 2013
    This is hands down the best super hero movie made to-date, and I've seen them all. At over 2 hours and 20 minutes, it is wholly captivating, perfectly balancing character development, team development (which is critical for this movie) and eye-popping 3D action. This is no small feat, bringing together the six "heroes.". Even the minor characters are brought to the forefront (Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, for example), enriching their characters and making their action sequences just as cool and dynamic.

And surprisingly, it is the best Hulk movie. There are two scenes featuring the Hulk that will have you laughing so hard you'll be in tears. You'd think Iron Man would have the coolest action sequences, but when the Hulk inflicts carnage on the enemies, you don't want it to stop.

This is Josh Whedon's breakout movie. No longer will he be known as "the guy that made the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series," but the guy that made The Avengers.
  90. Apr 6, 2013
    As I write this review, the Avengers is my personal favorite movie. The Avengers is an absolute blast, featuring mind-blowing special effects and CGI, great performances all around, and humor that makes this an all-around incredible movie.

My personal favorites in this movie were Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk. Robert
    Downey, Jr. brought back more of his sarcastic and witty comments that make him the best character in the movie. However, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner was just incredible. He played the part very well. As for the Hulk, he was awesome.

I also have to applaud the other cast members (Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Scarlett Johannsenn, Jeremy Renner). They all did very well in their respective roles and I felt that Loki was a very good villain.

Overall, this is an absolutely stunning movie that every has to see at some point.
  91. Apr 2, 2013
    When the demoman from Team Fortress 2 is involved in your movie, you're doing something right. People, you need to follow the likes of this movie, because it is simply amazing. Please watch this movie
  92. Mar 30, 2013
    Wow "HULK SMASH," his way in to give this movie a 10 easy! How could I give it anything else after watching the Hulk!? Is it even possible, nope not for me. This move is a must watch! I don`t know what anybody who does not like this movie was expecting. Did you think this was "A Beautiful Mind" part two? At first I wondered how they would make all the heroes come together, but they did a great job with it. All the characters fit right in. The critics are crazy for not liking this, I don`t know why they even exist, everybody should have their own opinions on movies and everything in life. If you just listen to critics, or even friends you will miss out on allot of things you actually would like. Expand
  93. Mar 27, 2013
    Just a bunch of fighting scenes with less than desirable dialogue and plot.
  94. Mar 23, 2013
    A popcorn movie that gets everything a popcorn movie needs right. It's got the special effects, cheesy dialogue and like-able characters, but it does it all effortlessly and is one of the best superhero movies to date.
  95. Mar 23, 2013
    I was surprised, this movie is really good, I thought it was another of Transformers, but it was really smart and funny.
    The result was not only a blast, but also led to more adaptations, including the coveted 'Spiderman' walked many years ago stuck in an economically unviable Study (Carolco) and promoters like James Cameron who remained in the way.
    They know how to count and give casual
    joke humorous, sad not like Michael Bay attempts to do so. The performances are really good by the entire cast, especially that of Tom Hiddleston, is really good and hae see Loki's character as a great and dangerous villain of comic books, and my opinion much deserved every award nomination.
    The visual effects and uncountable stages are really amazing, definitely an Oscar nomination in this.
    What I did not like was that it is very predictable, so I tend to like movies, I like movies when something unexpected happens, but here there was exepcion, also becomes longer and that can be very annoying as the movie.
    Nearly two hours of footage, and how difficult was entertained. In the end it was hard not to. Not drops, not weakens and does not disappoint, with all the spectacular and the technique allows exploiting the potential in each frame which was holding. If you had to hang a picture next to the term 'blockbuster popping' the heroes traveling on the streets of New York would be the ideal.

'The Avengers' have joined. They do not separate the precipitated sequels.
    Good Movie.
    My Score: 9.3
  96. Mar 17, 2013
    An exciting thrill ride from start to finish. This is exactly what you expect in a summer block buster. It's not easy to take this many superheroes and keep all the characters relevant that's a credit to Joss Whedon.
  97. Mar 16, 2013
    It is one of 2012 best movies. It is suitable for just any age. Iron man, Hulk, Captain America etc... are awesome. I just don't know why did critics gave it 60 while it has a score of 92 on rotten tomatoes and it deserves 92. Buy it on DVD or wait until its TV release. Recommended for anyone.
  98. Mar 8, 2013
    A horrible movie, definitely did not deserve the money it made. I can't think of a lot of things that I actually liked about the movie, because there really aren't a lot. I was actually surprised at the story of the movie, it sounds like a mentally challenged child wrote it. The first ten minutes of the movie alone ruined it, it's just a horrible story that only idiots would like. The entire movie is pretty much just special effects and not much else. Unless you're one of those morons whose easily amused by the pretty lights on the screen, don't ever watch this movie. Expand
  99. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is utterly fantastic! We get all our favorite characters from previous Marvel films and they are put into 1...what isn't there to like.

With the fantastic direction from Joss Whedon (Buffy The Vampire Slayer I know right! Quite a difference) this film lives up to its hype which many films do not this film also has the best CGI I have ever seen...The best sequence for me is the one shot where there are no cuts, just one fluent shot which follows Iron Man as he helps each of the Avengers one-by-one.

Now, why have I put this film on a 9/10...That's because I did not really enjoy the prolonged bickering between the Avengers. It took way too long for them to finally work together. However, it does not mean the banter during these scenes were boring!

Overall, a fantastic Super-Hero movie, possibly the best, the only fault would be the ever-long bickering over than that...all I got to say if you haven't watched it yet, stop reading now and watch it!
  100. Feb 19, 2013
    This film is not as good as everyone said it was. It is quite bland, seemed somewhat lifeless and was backed up by a lacking storyline. But, it was quite good fun; despite the problems I had with the story, the acting was of a pretty high standard from most of the cast, particularly from the main antagonist of the film, who was creepy, strong and weak at all the right times, perhaps a little stale at times however. The music was forgettable, the action was good, but not outstanding, and even though every character got a good amount of time in the limelight, it felt like Iron Man and Black Widow's film. The film is very conventionally shot, no nice camera tricks or spectacular shots appeared in the movie, this is not so much a negative of the film: but it certainly could have been better. Overall though, The Avengers is a fun film, that will definitely appeal more to fans of the Avengers, but both the Amazing Spiderman and the Dark Knight Rises present a more appealing superhero movie for 2012. Decent fun, but flawed. 68/100. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.