7.9

1. Dec 21, 2014
    Marvel 's Iconic superheroes assembles in one amazing Movie.The Avengers is a great film in general with amazing heroes and fantastic actors portraying with awesome visual effects,Good story and great character development.The Villain,Loki,is a great villain ,Tom Hiddleston did a great job portraying his character.The Avengers is a great summer blockbuster!
  2. Dec 18, 2014
    as much as it pains a fan who mostly prefers DC to Marvel I have to admit this is probably the greatest superhero movie ever made. it is very well acted and paced and has some of the best action sequences i've ever seen particularly the battle in new york the whole thing feels like a great event comic. this was well worth the build up here's hoping the sequel is just as good
  3. Dec 15, 2014
    Literally the perfect and the best Marvel movie so far. It has awesome special effects, acting, and villians. Everyone you loved from Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk is in this movie. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it.
  4. Dec 7, 2014
    The avengers is a good movie which is action-packed and has a good storyline. The special effects used were awesome.This is a good movie to watch if you haven't seen this movie.
  5. Nov 23, 2014
    The Avengers es una película en la que algunos momentos se torna fastidiosa, pero sin embargo ofrece unos grandes efectos visuales y da un buen espectáculo, por lo tanto tampoco hay que decir que la película es mala.
  6. Nov 18, 2014
    Honestly not as amazing as people say, for most it seems like it was their first time at the cinemas or they were transported from 1965 to see this now. The writing is terrific and character dynamic great but it's not something I would buy on DVD or watch again because there isn't much emotional connection for me, I am not in love with the characters. It's what I expect from marvel, theirHonestly not as amazing as people say, for most it seems like it was their first time at the cinemas or they were transported from 1965 to see this now. The writing is terrific and character dynamic great but it's not something I would buy on DVD or watch again because there isn't much emotional connection for me, I am not in love with the characters. It's what I expect from marvel, their superhero movies are usually kind of tacky, but once Iron Man came out in 2008, they sparked a new light after everyone hated Spider-Man 3. But The Avengers reguvinates this superhero franchise, I was predicting a 4 or 5 out of 10 movie, but it manages to succeed. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2014
    The Avengers and the wrest of the Marvel cinematic universe could prove to be the Star Wars of it's generation. Joss Whedon clearly has a love and understanding of these characters and the source material. He collaborates all of these stars to perfection and balances their screen time effortlessly. His overall direction is solid and all of the set pieces are thoroughly enjoyable. The finalThe Avengers and the wrest of the Marvel cinematic universe could prove to be the Star Wars of it's generation. Joss Whedon clearly has a love and understanding of these characters and the source material. He collaborates all of these stars to perfection and balances their screen time effortlessly. His overall direction is solid and all of the set pieces are thoroughly enjoyable. The final act in particular is unbelievable and incredibly crowd pleasing. The whole cast is strong but Robert Downey Jr. is the standout as Iron Man. Tom Hiddleston is as equally superb as villain Loki, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow & Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury have much more involvement and most surprisingly Mark Ruffalo is a welcome recasting as the Hulk. Chris Evans & Chris Hemsworth are both strong also and have grown into their characters Captain America & Thor respectively. However my only minor criticism is Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Personally I didn't like the way his character was developed throughout the film until the final act. And I hope his character has the chance to shine in future releases. But otherwise as a lifelong fan of these characters I was both pleasantly surprised and incredibly satisfied. The Avengers caters for everybody, it's action packed, full of humour and it will please fan boys and newcomers alike. This is without a doubt Marvel's best film to date and it epitomises the success of the Phase 1 films. And even more excitingly it kick starts Phase 2 perfectly. Expand
  8. Nov 16, 2014
    A very fun movie, I absolutely recommend it. perfect special effects and a really well meda plot.
    one of the best superhero movies there are. hope the next one doesnt disappoint
  9. Nov 16, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

So now it's time for The Avengers. But before we get to that, I got a few things to say. Ever since the beginning of this MCU "marathon", I've been planning to see other franchises. As I am a super-hero fanatic, I marked in my agenda and calendar franchises such as: X-Men, Spider-Man and Batman. Every movie of that franchise is going to be seen by me every Saturday, and when I'm not seeing those movies in Saturday, I'm going to see films that were released in 2014 that I haven't seen it. Which is the case here. I rewatched The Avengers yesterday (as I'm writing this on 9th November of 2014) and next Saturday, I'm going to see the video game adaption "Need for Speed". And then in the next Saturday after that, it's the Phase 2 of MCU. All these things I'm organizing is merely a way to be entertained when I have nothing else to do and it's going to last until next October of 2015. After seeing a movie, I'm going to write a review and post it on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic as "Diogo Mendes". If you're seeing this right now, you'll know what I am talking about. Now that I've cleared up that, it's time to talk about the best Marvel movie to date. "The Avengers", my friends, is one of the best Marvel outputs since Spider-Man 2. It not only raises the bar for Marvel at their films, but it also makes their heroes look even cooler than they already are. It's excting, it's funny, it's packed with action and heart and the movie clearly understands that super-heroes have a human side.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has located the mysterious Tesseract device and the Army's super soldier Captain America. The Tesseract is actually a gateway to an entirely new world called Asgard. A mysterious being known as Loki arrives on earth and immediately assumes that he can rule all human beings. But that irks S.H.I.E.L.D. directory Nick Fury the wrong way. As Loki escapes with the Tesseract, Nick Fury believes this is an act of war against Earth. His only hope is to assemble an actual team of super heroes. Dr. Bruce Banner, who turns into an enormous green rage monster known as the Hulk. Tony Stark and his venerable Iron Man armor. Captain America, the Stark Enterprises created super soldier. Thor, the god of thunder, protector of Earth and his home planet of Asgard, and Loki's brother. Master assassins Hawkeye and Natasha Romanoff. Together they will become a team to take on an attack that will call them to become the greatest of all time.

Ok, let's be honest right here. We all know that there wasn't any doubt that this movie would succeed. Not because it has Joss Whedon as the director and writer, but because having iconic, interesting super-heroes teaming up to defeat a larger threat is something we haven't seen it before, and Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, all these characters teaming up is really fun to see. The way that the movie focuses on these MARVELOUS characters is just extraordinary, and the character development... holy sh*t, the character development. The movie offers so much information about these super-heroes without feeling like an exposition. And the action... oh my god. I need to tell you that there's one part where the camera moves onto each Avenger fighting with the Chitauri, in ONE SINGLE SHOT. I'm not even kidding, if you see the movie, you'll be astonished. The final battle... is amazing. Don't get me wrong, the other elements of the movie are so great, really, really great, but the final battle... my god. 15 minutes of firefights, punches, emotion and nerdgasm. It doesn't reach the level of awesomeness of the train sequence in "Spider-Man 2" but this scene is so goddamn spectacular. The visual effects and the colors are startling. The one character that was used full CGI was, of course, The Hulk. Remember when I said that the Hulk from the 2008's film looked kind of cartoonish? Well, in this movie, he looks just what he should look like. And this classic character kicks so much ass in this movie, breaks everything in his sight. But you also can see that there's a heart in the character.

The characters are fully fleshed out and intriguing. Hell, even the Galaga guy is awesome, AND he's not even a character! Every character share their spotlight, delivering fun dialogue, essential information about their past. The villain is not as powerful as The Joker in "The Dark Knight", but Loki is so manipulative. You don't really know what's going on his head. And Thanos... oh my god. I'll admit. I didn't know anything about the character, I'm not a comic book kind of guy, but I enjoy reading some of them, especially when it's Spider-Man or Batman related. Thanos was a major character in The Infinity Gauntlet storyline back in the 90's. He was menacing and he was always grinning. I heard that they're following those series, but I'm wondering how they are going to follow those stories. Some of the characters belong to different studios. Very complicated. But getting back to Thanos, he's only in a mid-credits scene, so don't expect too much of him in this movie.

So I talked about the story, the big action set-pieces and the interesting characters, but something is missing... oh yeah, the cast! Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo, Nick Fury and all the others are so talented. Maybe that's why the characters work. It's because the well-chosen cast seems to have an understanding of what the characters are. Tony Stark is pretty much what we've got in both Iron Man films: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Steve Rogers is the lonely super-soldier, Bruce Banner is the angry man in his fight against his "disease" and Thor is the mighty god of Asgard, arrogant and stupid. All of them seem to understand their characters, that's why this movie is so likable. Not only the script offers a look at his heroes' humanity, but it also offers proper development. The soundtrack is also very exciting. And when I mean exciting... I really mean exciting. So when your movie has everything that you want, it instantly becomes your favorite movie, and although "Marvel's The Avengers" is definitely not the best movie ever made, it is the best super-hero movie to date. Why? Because it's a classic very well done! Even if the movie didn't have the best script ever, it would still be very good. Why? Because the whole concept works! This concept about heroes teaming up WORKS! And I am not even a fanboy.

Final Score to The Avengers: A solid 10/10. Literally, everything works here. The script is sharp, the action is pretty much top-notch, the characters are captivating and witty, the soundtrack is electrifying, the production values are high and the universe's atmosphere is becoming increasingly higher with Marvel now introducing new characters. You don't need awesome characters like Spider-Man or Wolverine to prove that this is the best Marvel movie to date. Marvel is on the roll and this nearly masterpiece proves that. Please, if you haven't seen this movie, go see it. I recommend it for every age. I also would like to point out that this movie clearly affected DC Comics in a big and dramatic way. In such way that they are rushing their famous characters and throwing years of mythology away. Now they're making a Batman Vs Superman movie to attract the audience and generate more and more money to their cash cow. I'm still going to see, and despite knowing that Chris Terrio is writing the story, I know I'm going to be disappointed. Unfortunately. Next review: Need for Speed (2014)
  10. Nov 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a good movie, as in well acted and directed, but it doesn't really strive for the art of the cinema. The plot is from a cookie-cutter, but thankfully, this cookie-cutter works. A nice fanboy movie, but you have to feel sorry for the aliens who only want to blow up NYC's cars and not lay a finger on people all the while they get killed for being the stock villains. Expand
  11. Nov 12, 2014
    The best superhero movie made to date. Marvel did an amazing job bringing it all together from the writing, directing, casting, acting, action, and special effects. Robert Downey, Jr. was BORN to play Ironman/Tony Stark, Hemsworth is a great Thor, Scarlett is the perfect Black Widow, and Ruffalo might be the best Banner to date. Not a "thinking man's" movie, but a TON of fun to just sitThe best superhero movie made to date. Marvel did an amazing job bringing it all together from the writing, directing, casting, acting, action, and special effects. Robert Downey, Jr. was BORN to play Ironman/Tony Stark, Hemsworth is a great Thor, Scarlett is the perfect Black Widow, and Ruffalo might be the best Banner to date. Not a "thinking man's" movie, but a TON of fun to just sit back and watch. Very well done. Expand
  12. Nov 5, 2014
    this was the a good best game ever sometime. i. got. REALLY SCARED. when inor man got cot in the fan man it was funny huh. he just got hit round and a around more! this was by far best as me. but it was okay he iron man he was oka so im glad for that agan! but then agane thw hole movie is just a big bucket of sarclasmns./
  13. Oct 19, 2014
    Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers is the superhero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team toContinuing the epic big-screen adventures started in Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers is the superhero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins. Expand
  14. Sep 8, 2014
    This is the best superhero movie ever made. Joss Wheadon did a nearly flawless job. The character and story development is superb. It has huge impacts for all characters. There are rarely movies like this with no weak scenes. Bonus points for the villain. Watching Loki is just delicious. He enjoys being the evil guy.
  15. Aug 31, 2014
    With Joss Whedon at the helm, I expected much more. To bring all of The Avengers together in a single film is no easy task; nevertheless, I cannot help but feel as though it could've been better executed.
  16. Aug 24, 2014
    I've seen this movie four time by now, so I think it is time for some kind of review. (One of said viewings was in 3D, my first ever, and I must say I much more prefer the old-fashioned 2D version since 3D made the action scenes - especially the Hulk - appear very blurry and threatened to give me a bit of a headache.

As a fan of the previous Marvel movies, the last of which I checked

As a fan of the previous Marvel movies, the last of which I checked out in order to enjoy the Avengers experience to the fullest (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America), I appreciated the finer points of story telling and jokes that took a lot from the other parts in the series. There were plenty of references, I think, and I cannot imagine how well some of the jokes land or character chemistries work without prior knowledge of what they're based on.

I haven't read the comics (although I fully intend to get my hands on them somehow), so I cannot say how "accurate" this was (or any of the previous films), but all I can say is that the cast chosen to play this unruly team of Earth's Mightiest Heroes is fantastic. I'm a Tony Stark fangirl, no denying it, but damn! the others really don't make me yawn with boredom and wait for Robert Downey Jr.'s next appearance on screen: they stand very well on their own. Period.

And Mark Ruffalo IS the Hulk. Period on that too. Watching him twist his hands and smile and try to back away into the shadows is adorable and in a way breath-taking in its own way, because we all know what's lurking inside him, and it's almost a shame when he turns into a green rage monster. Almost...

Perhaps the best feature to the movie is indeed the strife between the heroes, who are not compatible in the slightest, but as heroes tend to, they work together pretty well to avert a crisis when they face one together. Still, the classic fights between team-mates almost beat seeing them destroy a few (hundred) enemies.

The camera work, set design, lighting and colors are all perfect. They create a world, a very real one, and give it its own signature. The music, too, when you notice it, melts perfectly to the background, other than in those moments when it rises higher, giving the scene more depth, more kick.

Tom Hiddleston as Loki is, for a lack of a better word, a bit disturbed, but executes his part as a villain pretty well. He's determined, and he is one step ahead of the team the whole time, although the petulant child is peeking out from between his teeth every now and then, waiting to be allowed to throw a temper tantrum. And it works.

The story progresses nicely, weaving the heroes together (the only small minus is Thor's rather sudden appearance, and although we can see where it's coming from, and dragging it out may have not worked very well, it still seems like a shortcut).

There's plenty of humor, for which I love Joss Whedon; this reminds me a lot of his movie "Serenity", with its pace and light-heartedness, but total seriousness as well. It's a fine balance, and it absolutely works.

All in all... this is fast rising to be one of those movies I wouldn't mind seeing several times a year, or perhaps a month, just to keep the smiles and laughs coming.
  17. Aug 23, 2014
    The Avengers is witty, intense and very entertaining, I loved every second of it, and every character of it stroke my heart and I was into their situation. I regret not seeing this in theaters.
  18. Aug 15, 2014
    All the adventure you could possibly ask for from a multitude of super heroes...even Harry Dean Stanton has a cameo..Loki is the stand out shine....Love him...
  19. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Avengers did exactly what it supposed to.. lay down the foundation of what was the Avengers to movie audiences everywhere. We have chemistry from all our beloved superheroes, a charismatic villain and of course great action and humour.

Sure the story was average and cliched, and I can understand if people thought this was overrated/overhyped (especially since I was one of the person who used to bleat that, and probably still will depending on the context) but it's main strength was seeing the superheroes interract and nothing felt out of a character. When we see characters such as Captain America and Iron Man argue, it truly shows how different the superheroes are from each other and why such strong personalities conflict. They both come from different eras.

We see Captain America perform as leader in the climax well and Loki's manipulation. Black Widow and Nick Fury having more of a central role was done well, and you truly felt like tit was an Avengers Movie.

Joss Whedon did a superb job entangling these superheroes together and I cannot wait for the sequel.
  20. Aug 6, 2014
    Aburridísima. Pensé que no estaría mal juntar a tantos superhéroes pero el resultado fue una película con una primera hora llena de diálogos vacíos y chistes tontos (que alguien le pegue un tiro ya a thor y hulk, pensaba yo) y una segunda hora de acción que solo demuestra que lo único bueno de la peli son sus efectos. ¿En serio os gusta esto?
    Películas para niños pequeños... Marvel las ha
    Películas para niños pequeños... Marvel las ha hecho mejores. Desastrosa.
  21. Aug 5, 2014
    Great special effects and action, weak plot and the use of an already estabelished villian. Also at about the one hour mark the film slows down to a crawl so it can get everyone together and bicker. As strong as Tom Hildeston is as Loki, i was kind of disappointed to see him as the primary villian for half the movie. There is a huge amount of Avengers villiany through out the comicsGreat special effects and action, weak plot and the use of an already estabelished villian. Also at about the one hour mark the film slows down to a crawl so it can get everyone together and bicker. As strong as Tom Hildeston is as Loki, i was kind of disappointed to see him as the primary villian for half the movie. There is a huge amount of Avengers villiany through out the comics that could have been tapped into, but Whedon chose to go in the driection of generic space creatures instead. The movie does make good use of humor and its probably the most accessible marvel movie yet. Expand
  22. Aug 3, 2014
    Probably the most fun you will ever have watching a film, The Avengers is one on the list along with The Dark Knight as one of the best superhero movies out there. The film's characters are absolutely great, the action is amazing, and the film has enough humor to have you laugh more than a few times. The only downside is that the story isn't too much and isn't very memorable. Besides that,Probably the most fun you will ever have watching a film, The Avengers is one on the list along with The Dark Knight as one of the best superhero movies out there. The film's characters are absolutely great, the action is amazing, and the film has enough humor to have you laugh more than a few times. The only downside is that the story isn't too much and isn't very memorable. Besides that, the films grabs your favorite superheroes to make one of the best action movies you will ever see. Expand
  23. Aug 2, 2014
    This movie is the best there is :) i'm so impressed how josh did this. my favorite so far. Go and watch it, even if your not a fan of marvels movies. i think i'm going to see it again now ;) take care
  24. Jul 30, 2014
    The Avengers is an fantastic movie with great amount action and a wonderful story, and I'm especially amazed by the music and the special effects!

Another thing that's great about The Avengers is the opening scene, which truly is exiting and thrilling. I found this movie highly entertaining, because it's so damn good and unique, and it's packed with great actors and the movie overall is cool and touching. The negative thing about The Avengers is that the tempo is a little to slow at some places, but also that there are some scenes that's not so original, because some scenes looks like they might have taken from other movies (like Transformers). But except for that is The Avengers truly fascinating!

An amazing film from Marvel, but with to much slow scenes (and boring conversations).

The Avengers gets a 8.7/10
  25. Jul 29, 2014
    An enjoyable Marvel movie, overall. Stunning CGI effects and lots of action are nothing new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The star-studded cast is absolutely delightful and Josh Whedon truly creates a spectacle. There are plenty of fight sequences, funny scenes, intelligent lines and chemistry between the actors. But in the end, it is pretty unclear what the film wants to say exceptAn enjoyable Marvel movie, overall. Stunning CGI effects and lots of action are nothing new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The star-studded cast is absolutely delightful and Josh Whedon truly creates a spectacle. There are plenty of fight sequences, funny scenes, intelligent lines and chemistry between the actors. But in the end, it is pretty unclear what the film wants to say except for tearing New York City down. In any case, it's all about action, and the film clearly succeeds in delivering it. Expand
  26. Jul 29, 2014
    Hmmm somebody forgot to inform the US Army that New York was under air attack!
    For a movie made in 2012, US Air Fighters should have been included c'mon ;)
    But great movie overall and funny!
  27. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט הכי יפה של במארוול יוניברס עד כה, סרט ממש מהנה ומבדר כדאי לראות. במיוחד למי שאוהב סרטי גיבורי על ימות על הסרט הזה. אבל חבל שהוא לא יותר מסרט קיץ כיפי
  28. Jun 3, 2014
    Directed by Joss Whedon, Marvel’s The Avengers is an action-packed movie. Although the back stories for each superhero are lengthy and make it hard-to-follow at times for those not well-versed with the classic Marvel comics, the plot line is entertaining and draws the viewer in, as if they are fighting alongside the heroes.
    The story begins with the Tesseract, a cube that provides energy
    The story begins with the Tesseract, a cube that provides energy that could be the energy source to power everything, being stolen from the S.H.I.E.L.D. agency, lead by Nick Fury, by Loki, Thor’s evil stepbrother. While the Tesseract is being stolen, Loki turns Hawkeye and the doctor into his “evil minions”. Desperate times call for desperate measures and Fury calls out to Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow and Captain America. Thor joins later after trying to get Loki to give back the Tesseract on his own means. This combination of heroes leads to a lot of personality clashes and egotistical fighting. Will they defeat Loki and get back the Tesseract or will they continue to fight over trivial differences and allow the world to be destroyed?
    This movie has literary value and has a positive impact. Based on the comics, it brings superheroes back to the forefront since comics are not as popular as they once were. The elaborate character development throughout the comics and other movies makes the superheroes and villains dynamic and intriguing characters. They may be “super”, but they are more similar to “regular” people than is blatant. How can a person dislike a hero like Captain America who is a super soldier designed to give him a second chance and a future? Or the Hulk who tried to save someone else and got the full blast of radiation, which makes it impossible for him to hide the anger everyone keeps inside?
    Themes and motifs explode from the movie like the powerful blasts of the Tesseract itself. There is always the cliché good vs. evil struggle that all superhero movies showcase. The interesting combination of powerful personalities in the movie shows how people can put aside their differences and unite for a common goal, regardless of how big the differences may seem. Lastly, the motif of which superheroes are superior is present amidst the arguments. Some argue that superheroes like Thor who were “born that way” are the best, while the idea that anyone can be a superhero (like Iron Man who used his money and intelligence to make a super suit) are more inspiring. Then there are experimental superheroes like Captain America and “mistakes” like the Hulk (or Spider-man who is not in this movie).
    Overall, the movie is not my personal favorite, mostly because I was raised playing with Barbie’s instead of action figures so my lack of understanding got in the way of enjoying the movie. However, the movie is still very great for what it is, which is why I will give it an eight out of 10 rating.
  29. Jun 1, 2014
    The Avengers is directed by Joss Whedon. It is about many Marvel comic superheroes having to join forces to fight against evil. Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow must work together to fight against Thor’s adopted brother, Loki, and his army. Thor affects the story by having sympathy towards Loki. No one could just kill Loki because of his relationship withThe Avengers is directed by Joss Whedon. It is about many Marvel comic superheroes having to join forces to fight against evil. Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow must work together to fight against Thor’s adopted brother, Loki, and his army. Thor affects the story by having sympathy towards Loki. No one could just kill Loki because of his relationship with Thor. Captain America always wanted to have a plan of what to do. He is “old-school” compared to the other heroes, but changes the story by coming up with plans that were best for his team. The Hulk is the “muscle” out of the group. He helped teach the other heroes the art of self-control which affected what the others did in the film. Iron man was the most confident out of the group. His confidence played mind games with Loki, which poked holes into his evil plan. Hawkeye came later in the movie after being possessed by Loki and made part of his army. After being saved, Hawkeye wanted revenge against Loki for possessing him, which made Hawkeye more focused and accurate in battle. It changed the film by adding another member to the Avenger team to help defeat Loki’s army. Black Widow is an elite trained, Russian spy. She affected the movie by adding a female to the team, which made it more interesting and diverse. Thor’s adopted, younger brother, Loki, is the reason the superheroes must join forces. Loki’s character creates the plot for the story to take place.
    One of the themes for this work is that teamwork is harder than it appears. All these characters have their separate lives, towns, and villains to fight. They’ve single handedly defeated their opponents and have been praised for it. They have never had to work together with someone as equally powerful as themselves to defeat evil. Bringing independent personalities together makes this theme effective. Their independence makes it harder for them to work together. The team must learn to acknowledge their individual skills and compromise with each other throughout the film to be successful. This main idea is different and groundbreaking. Bringing together superheroes from separate stories and combining them into one unstoppable team is mind blowing. It changes all their stories to impact where they can know each other, and maybe even appear in each other’s separate movies. It creates a bridge between all of them and their lives.
    Some amusing quotes that stood out to me were:
    Captain America: “Hulk… smash.” Captain America said this when directing everyone on what to do and where to go. Captain American believed in having a plan and also using what skills you have to offer. This is my favorite quote because the Hulk always screams it in his other movies and it made me laugh.
    Loki: “I have an Army!”
    Iron Man: “We have a Hulk.” Iron Man was trying to be witty and play with Loki’s mind. This quote showed that Iron Man admired the Hulk’s strength and displayed his confidence in his team and its members.
    The film appealed to me in an emotional way, because it made me root for the good guys to win and defeat evil to save the world once again. The team uses all their powers to save the world threatened by Loki.
    The movie is rated a 9 because it was action-packed with the characters displaying many different personalities. The good guys win in the end, but the plot was slow in some parts of the story.
  30. May 24, 2014
    First time watching the Avengers i was amazed, astonished and dazzled by the fact that Marvel manged to create an avengers film; Second time watching through the film, again im amazed at how good the film is and how much better it is compared to over superhero films; Third time, its an ok film, the acting is good, the action is good, but i feel as if something is missing; FOURTH **** TIME,First time watching the Avengers i was amazed, astonished and dazzled by the fact that Marvel manged to create an avengers film; Second time watching through the film, again im amazed at how good the film is and how much better it is compared to over superhero films; Third time, its an ok film, the acting is good, the action is good, but i feel as if something is missing; FOURTH **** TIME, what the **** what is the plot of the film, why is the main story so boring, damn why is captain america under used, why are all the characters very shallow and boring, why is the only good thing about the film the fact that the Action sequences are spectacular and seeing all those hero's on the screen amazing.

I rest my case, The Avengers is a above average film that managed to trick people in to thinking that it was Awesometacular.

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.