7.9

1. Aug 15, 2014
    All the adventure you could possibly ask for from a multitude of super heroes...even Harry Dean Stanton has a cameo..Loki is the stand out shine....Love him...
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Avengers did exactly what it supposed to.. lay down the foundation of what was the Avengers to movie audiences everywhere. We have chemistry from all our beloved superheroes, a charismatic villain and of course great action and humour.

Sure the story was average and cliched, and I can understand if people thought this was overrated/overhyped (especially since I was one of the person who used to bleat that, and probably still will depending on the context) but it's main strength was seeing the superheroes interract and nothing felt out of a character. When we see characters such as Captain America and Iron Man argue, it truly shows how different the superheroes are from each other and why such strong personalities conflict. They both come from different eras.

We see Captain America perform as leader in the climax well and Loki's manipulation. Black Widow and Nick Fury having more of a central role was done well, and you truly felt like tit was an Avengers Movie.

Joss Whedon did a superb job entangling these superheroes together and I cannot wait for the sequel.
  3. Aug 8, 2014
    The Avengers es una película en la que algunos momentos se torna fastidiosa, pero sin embargo ofrece unos grandes efectos visuales y da un buen espectáculo, por lo tanto tampoco hay que decir que la película es mala.
  4. Aug 6, 2014
    Aburridísima. Pensé que no estaría mal juntar a tantos superhéroes pero el resultado fue una película con una primera hora llena de diálogos vacíos y chistes tontos (que alguien le pegue un tiro ya a thor y hulk, pensaba yo) y una segunda hora de acción que solo demuestra que lo único bueno de la peli son sus efectos. ¿En serio os gusta esto?
    Películas para niños pequeños... Marvel las ha
    hecho mejores. Desastrosa. Expand
  5. Aug 5, 2014
    Great special effects and action, weak plot and the use of an already estabelished villian. Also at about the one hour mark the film slows down to a crawl so it can get everyone together and bicker. As strong as Tom Hildeston is as Loki, i was kind of disappointed to see him as the primary villian for half the movie. There is a huge amount of Avengers villiany through out the comics that could have been tapped into, but Whedon chose to go in the driection of generic space creatures instead. The movie does make good use of humor and its probably the most accessible marvel movie yet. Expand
  6. Aug 3, 2014
    Probably the most fun you will ever have watching a film, The Avengers is one on the list along with The Dark Knight as one of the best superhero movies out there. The film's characters are absolutely great, the action is amazing, and the film has enough humor to have you laugh more than a few times. The only downside is that the story isn't too much and isn't very memorable. Besides that, the films grabs your favorite superheroes to make one of the best action movies you will ever see. Expand
  7. Aug 2, 2014
    This movie is the best there is :) i'm so impressed how josh did this. my favorite so far. Go and watch it, even if your not a fan of marvels movies. i think i'm going to see it again now ;) take care
  8. Jul 30, 2014
    The Avengers is an fantastic movie with great amount action and a wonderful story, and I'm especially amazed by the music and the special effects!

Another thing that's great about The Avengers is the opening scene, which truly is exiting and thrilling. I found this movie highly entertaining, because it's so damn good and unique, and it's packed with great actors and the movie overall is
    cool and touching. The negative thing about The Avengers is that the tempo is a little to slow at some places, but also that there are some scenes that's not so original, because some scenes looks like they might have taken from other movies (like Transformers). But except for that is The Avengers truly fascinating!

An amazing film from Marvel, but with to much slow scenes (and boring conversations).

The Avengers gets a 8.7/10
  9. Jul 29, 2014
    An enjoyable Marvel movie, overall. Stunning CGI effects and lots of action are nothing new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The star-studded cast is absolutely delightful and Josh Whedon truly creates a spectacle. There are plenty of fight sequences, funny scenes, intelligent lines and chemistry between the actors. But in the end, it is pretty unclear what the film wants to say except for tearing New York City down. In any case, it's all about action, and the film clearly succeeds in delivering it. Expand
  10. Jul 29, 2014
    Hmmm somebody forgot to inform the US Army that New York was under air attack!
    For a movie made in 2012, US Air Fighters should have been included c'mon ;)
    But great movie overall and funny!
  11. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט הכי יפה של במארוול יוניברס עד כה, סרט ממש מהנה ומבדר כדאי לראות. במיוחד למי שאוהב סרטי גיבורי על ימות על הסרט הזה. אבל חבל שהוא לא יותר מסרט קיץ כיפי
  12. Jun 17, 2014
    The wait is over, and it was worth it! "Avengers" brings one of the best scripts ever, brings full exciting action scenes, spectacular laughable comedy and one of the best cast ever!
  13. Jun 3, 2014
    Directed by Joss Whedon, Marvel’s The Avengers is an action-packed movie. Although the back stories for each superhero are lengthy and make it hard-to-follow at times for those not well-versed with the classic Marvel comics, the plot line is entertaining and draws the viewer in, as if they are fighting alongside the heroes.
    The story begins with the Tesseract, a cube that provides energy
    that could be the energy source to power everything, being stolen from the S.H.I.E.L.D. agency, lead by Nick Fury, by Loki, Thor’s evil stepbrother. While the Tesseract is being stolen, Loki turns Hawkeye and the doctor into his “evil minions”. Desperate times call for desperate measures and Fury calls out to Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow and Captain America. Thor joins later after trying to get Loki to give back the Tesseract on his own means. This combination of heroes leads to a lot of personality clashes and egotistical fighting. Will they defeat Loki and get back the Tesseract or will they continue to fight over trivial differences and allow the world to be destroyed?
    This movie has literary value and has a positive impact. Based on the comics, it brings superheroes back to the forefront since comics are not as popular as they once were. The elaborate character development throughout the comics and other movies makes the superheroes and villains dynamic and intriguing characters. They may be “super”, but they are more similar to “regular” people than is blatant. How can a person dislike a hero like Captain America who is a super soldier designed to give him a second chance and a future? Or the Hulk who tried to save someone else and got the full blast of radiation, which makes it impossible for him to hide the anger everyone keeps inside?
    Themes and motifs explode from the movie like the powerful blasts of the Tesseract itself. There is always the cliché good vs. evil struggle that all superhero movies showcase. The interesting combination of powerful personalities in the movie shows how people can put aside their differences and unite for a common goal, regardless of how big the differences may seem. Lastly, the motif of which superheroes are superior is present amidst the arguments. Some argue that superheroes like Thor who were “born that way” are the best, while the idea that anyone can be a superhero (like Iron Man who used his money and intelligence to make a super suit) are more inspiring. Then there are experimental superheroes like Captain America and “mistakes” like the Hulk (or Spider-man who is not in this movie).
    Overall, the movie is not my personal favorite, mostly because I was raised playing with Barbie’s instead of action figures so my lack of understanding got in the way of enjoying the movie. However, the movie is still very great for what it is, which is why I will give it an eight out of 10 rating.
  14. Jun 1, 2014
    The Avengers is directed by Joss Whedon. It is about many Marvel comic superheroes having to join forces to fight against evil. Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow must work together to fight against Thor’s adopted brother, Loki, and his army. Thor affects the story by having sympathy towards Loki. No one could just kill Loki because of his relationship with Thor. Captain America always wanted to have a plan of what to do. He is “old-school” compared to the other heroes, but changes the story by coming up with plans that were best for his team. The Hulk is the “muscle” out of the group. He helped teach the other heroes the art of self-control which affected what the others did in the film. Iron man was the most confident out of the group. His confidence played mind games with Loki, which poked holes into his evil plan. Hawkeye came later in the movie after being possessed by Loki and made part of his army. After being saved, Hawkeye wanted revenge against Loki for possessing him, which made Hawkeye more focused and accurate in battle. It changed the film by adding another member to the Avenger team to help defeat Loki’s army. Black Widow is an elite trained, Russian spy. She affected the movie by adding a female to the team, which made it more interesting and diverse. Thor’s adopted, younger brother, Loki, is the reason the superheroes must join forces. Loki’s character creates the plot for the story to take place.
    One of the themes for this work is that teamwork is harder than it appears. All these characters have their separate lives, towns, and villains to fight. They’ve single handedly defeated their opponents and have been praised for it. They have never had to work together with someone as equally powerful as themselves to defeat evil. Bringing independent personalities together makes this theme effective. Their independence makes it harder for them to work together. The team must learn to acknowledge their individual skills and compromise with each other throughout the film to be successful. This main idea is different and groundbreaking. Bringing together superheroes from separate stories and combining them into one unstoppable team is mind blowing. It changes all their stories to impact where they can know each other, and maybe even appear in each other’s separate movies. It creates a bridge between all of them and their lives.
    Some amusing quotes that stood out to me were:
    Captain America: “Hulk… smash.” Captain America said this when directing everyone on what to do and where to go. Captain American believed in having a plan and also using what skills you have to offer. This is my favorite quote because the Hulk always screams it in his other movies and it made me laugh.
    Loki: “I have an Army!”
    Iron Man: “We have a Hulk.” Iron Man was trying to be witty and play with Loki’s mind. This quote showed that Iron Man admired the Hulk’s strength and displayed his confidence in his team and its members.
    The film appealed to me in an emotional way, because it made me root for the good guys to win and defeat evil to save the world once again. The team uses all their powers to save the world threatened by Loki.
    The movie is rated a 9 because it was action-packed with the characters displaying many different personalities. The good guys win in the end, but the plot was slow in some parts of the story.
  15. May 24, 2014
    First time watching the Avengers i was amazed, astonished and dazzled by the fact that Marvel manged to create an avengers film; Second time watching through the film, again im amazed at how good the film is and how much better it is compared to over superhero films; Third time, its an ok film, the acting is good, the action is good, but i feel as if something is missing; FOURTH **** TIME, what the **** what is the plot of the film, why is the main story so boring, damn why is captain america under used, why are all the characters very shallow and boring, why is the only good thing about the film the fact that the Action sequences are spectacular and seeing all those hero's on the screen amazing.

I rest my case, The Avengers is a above average film that managed to trick people in to thinking that it was Awesometacular.
  16. May 20, 2014
    I've seen this movie four time by now, so I think it is time for some kind of review. (One of said viewings was in 3D, my first ever, and I must say I much more prefer the old-fashioned 2D version since 3D made the action scenes - especially the Hulk - appear very blurry and threatened to give me a bit of a headache.

As a fan of the previous Marvel movies, the last of which I checked
    out in order to enjoy the Avengers experience to the fullest (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America), I appreciated the finer points of story telling and jokes that took a lot from the other parts in the series. There were plenty of references, I think, and I cannot imagine how well some of the jokes land or character chemistries work without prior knowledge of what they're based on.

I haven't read the comics (although I fully intend to get my hands on them somehow), so I cannot say how "accurate" this was (or any of the previous films), but all I can say is that the cast chosen to play this unruly team of Earth's Mightiest Heroes is fantastic. I'm a Tony Stark fangirl, no denying it, but damn! the others really don't make me yawn with boredom and wait for Robert Downey Jr.'s next appearance on screen: they stand very well on their own. Period.

And Mark Ruffalo IS the Hulk. Period on that too. Watching him twist his hands and smile and try to back away into the shadows is adorable and in a way breath-taking in its own way, because we all know what's lurking inside him, and it's almost a shame when he turns into a green rage monster. Almost...

Perhaps the best feature to the movie is indeed the strife between the heroes, who are not compatible in the slightest, but as heroes tend to, they work together pretty well to avert a crisis when they face one together. Still, the classic fights between team-mates almost beat seeing them destroy a few (hundred) enemies.

The camera work, set design, lighting and colors are all perfect. They create a world, a very real one, and give it its own signature. The music, too, when you notice it, melts perfectly to the background, other than in those moments when it rises higher, giving the scene more depth, more kick.

Tom Hiddleston as Loki is, for a lack of a better word, a bit disturbed, but executes his part as a villain pretty well. He's determined, and he is one step ahead of the team the whole time, although the petulant child is peeking out from between his teeth every now and then, waiting to be allowed to throw a temper tantrum. And it works.

The story progresses nicely, weaving the heroes together (the only small minus is Thor's rather sudden appearance, and although we can see where it's coming from, and dragging it out may have not worked very well, it still seems like a shortcut).

There's plenty of humor, for which I love Joss Whedon; this reminds me a lot of his movie "Serenity", with its pace and light-heartedness, but total seriousness as well. It's a fine balance, and it absolutely works.

All in all... this is fast rising to be one of those movies I wouldn't mind seeing several times a year, or perhaps a month, just to keep the smiles and laughs coming.
  17. May 11, 2014
    Although, The Avengers is an entertaining, blockbuster, popcorn flick. It's not really too much more than that. It appears as though it's a film for 10 year olds. The plot is weak and there is nothing that really keeps you fixed to the screen. From an artistic perspective, The Avengers certainly wouldn't rank high in my books.
  18. May 4, 2014
    The Avengers: 6/10 "Correcta"

Una buena película que tiene como principal virtud juntar a varios superhéroes de Marvel con éxito,pero no tiene una buena historia y por momentos se siente muy monótona.
  19. May 4, 2014
    Overhyped but a fun ride none the less. it is fantastic to get to see all these heroes together on the big screen. However even with the super lame villain Loki, the avengers never crosses to lame.
  20. Apr 19, 2014
    I'll be the fist to admit that the plot was a little weak BUT! This is a fanboys wet dream. What I've been waiting years to witness! As a proud Marvel comics nerd, I never had any doubt in my mind about this one. Ever since Marvel Studios began it's journey making films in house, which started with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, it has been nothing but great. The room for creative writing and directing is limitless. Mark Ruffalo delivers the best portrayal of Bruce Banner/ Hulk on film, PERIOD! The balanced screen time each of these crucial characters receives is flawlessly pulled off by Joss Whedon! What Marvel Studios has done with the cinematic universe has forever changed the course of film and has raised the bar pretty dang high. (Take note, Fox and WB/DC) There are enough laughs, action and emotional moments that will satisfy the casual moviegoers and fanboys alike. Expand
  21. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before seeing this film, I'm going to be honest I wasn't a big fan of this Marvel Cinematic Universe, not to say I didn't like it I just didn't care for it. You see when I first saw Iron Man, it liked it well (of course I like it a lot more now) but later on I didn't care for Iron Man 2 (and honestly I'm still not a fan of that sequel). Later on I never saw The Incredible Hulk, I liked Thor and I thought the first Captain America was alright but I still just wasn't digging the series that much, so I didn't go into The Avengers film expecting to love it, but I had a blast. It was amazing, seeing all these Marvel heroes together. It was cool seeing them interact and it was even kind of funny at times like when Iron Man fought with Thor and other things. I also like Loki, he was a really awesome antagonist, he had that cool blend of looking strong yet weak at the same time which was especially awesome when Hulk beats the crap out of him! The action was also cool, the special effects were cool, kind of Transformers-ish, but cool! I loved The Avengers! It got me more into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I even enjoy the older films a little better, I also enjoy there later films and I am really looking forward to 2015 when The Avengers 2 comes out! The Avengers is a blast, it's probably my favorite Super Hero movie ever. Expand
  22. Mar 24, 2014
    I think the optimal film does not know why not won any Oscars worthy because it had History, cast, special effect of exellent quality, although not so the best thing to have your movie special effect I thought it was good because you make a film heroine and not will place special effect, I think they put emseu comedy film, and mixed with action.
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    The problem I see in this movie was the theme, which is not very well designed, and were supposed to be more. It has lots of action and stunning visuals, but only enough, in my opinion, this 6.
  24. Mar 4, 2014
    A rather simple plot is elevated greatly by slick, stylish and witty dialogue and script. It's also worth noting that Whedon in a few scenes cleverly avoids contrivance, which seems to be a staple and almost a cliche nowadays for superhero movies. Overall, this films lives up to its hype and it's definitely up there for one of my favourite action movies.
  25. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch one of the most overrated piece of entertainment since call of duty, The Avengers. Watch one of the most forgettable superhero/ action movie of 2012. See one of the most basic story plots rip off other popular moments from other films E.g. The Dark Knight, Transformers, Star Wars and Power ranger? Watch the film that has terrible character development for all the characters except Tony Stark. See one of the worst Hulks and the worst actor to play Bruce Banner "Christ i almost mistook it for the BFG, i mean what the hell happened to Ed Norton". Watch how all these super hero movies can do what Christopher Nolan can do in just one film. "My god how the hell did this get so many good ratings". Expand
  26. Feb 24, 2014
    Great fun! Mark Ruffalo as Hulk totally owns Eric Bana's poor performance and also surpassess Norton's Hulk. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow... oh dead God that leather suit.. I don't need to talk about it no more.. Just watch this movie if you want a great popcorn flick.
  27. Feb 16, 2014
    Since this genre is never my first choice, I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked and enjoyed "The Avengers". The film didn't aim for anything deep and ambiguous, it was just pure fun and enjoyment; a great blockbuster movie and a great superhero movie. The choreography in the action scenes was well stylized, cinematography was nice and clean, and the humor was witty and actually humorous. I would recommend it to both Marvel fans and other people. Expand
  28. Feb 14, 2014
    The Godfather Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thus Far.
    The Characters Are Flawlessly Acted, The Script Is Brilliant, & It Can Make Anyone Feel Marvelous.
  29. Feb 13, 2014
    The Avengers is possibly the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It kept me on the edge of my seat nearly the entire movie! The Avengers tied up every prequel that came before it which I really liked. I bought the movie for Blu-Ray and watch it nearly every time I get the chance to. The Avengers keeps me wrapped up in the mysteries and funny moments.
  30. Feb 3, 2014
    Perfect example of an overrated movie. The saying "Less is more" applies here. There are too many super heroes in this film and none of them are used appropriately. The movie is also much longer than it needs to be. It never seems to end and for most of it, it is boring and forgettable. By the time the real action begins, you're already more than 3/4s into the film. This is a dumb stupid popcorn movie featuring a dumb stupid team of superheroes. Ironman on his own or Hulk on his own are great but throw them in with goody two shoes Captain America whose character is flat, boring and lifeless or Mr. Bulging Biceps Thor who isn't a super hero at all (He's a mythical God. Next time, the Avengers should recruit Zeus or Jesus Christ) and is the beefed up equivalent of Brandan Frasier's boy in a bunker and its just gets sloshed around into a muddled mess. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.