7.9

1. Apr 19, 2014
    I'll be the fist to admit that the plot was a little weak BUT! This is a fanboys wet dream. What I've been waiting years to witness! As a proud Marvel comics nerd, I never had any doubt in my mind about this one. Ever since Marvel Studios began it's journey making films in house, which started with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, it has been nothing but great. The room for creative writing and directing is limitless. Mark Ruffalo delivers the best portrayal of Bruce Banner/ Hulk on film, PERIOD! The balanced screen time each of these crucial characters receives is flawlessly pulled off by Joss Whedon! What Marvel Studios has done with the cinematic universe has forever changed the course of film and has raised the bar pretty dang high. (Take note, Fox and WB/DC) There are enough laughs, action and emotional moments that will satisfy the casual moviegoers and fanboys alike. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before seeing this film, I'm going to be honest I wasn't a big fan of this Marvel Cinematic Universe, not to say I didn't like it I just didn't care for it. You see when I first saw Iron Man, it liked it well (of course I like it a lot more now) but later on I didn't care for Iron Man 2 (and honestly I'm still not a fan of that sequel). Later on I never saw The Incredible Hulk, I liked Thor and I thought the first Captain America was alright but I still just wasn't digging the series that much, so I didn't go into The Avengers film expecting to love it, but I had a blast. It was amazing, seeing all these Marvel heroes together. It was cool seeing them interact and it was even kind of funny at times like when Iron Man fought with Thor and other things. I also like Loki, he was a really awesome antagonist, he had that cool blend of looking strong yet weak at the same time which was especially awesome when Hulk beats the crap out of him! The action was also cool, the special effects were cool, kind of Transformers-ish, but cool! I loved The Avengers! It got me more into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I even enjoy the older films a little better, I also enjoy there later films and I am really looking forward to 2015 when The Avengers 2 comes out! The Avengers is a blast, it's probably my favorite Super Hero movie ever. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2014
    I think the optimal film does not know why not won any Oscars worthy because it had History, cast, special effect of exellent quality, although not so the best thing to have your movie special effect I thought it was good because you make a film heroine and not will place special effect, I think they put emseu comedy film, and mixed with action.
  4. Mar 22, 2014
    The Avengers is an fantastic movie with great amount action and a wonderful story, and I'm especially amazed by the awesome music and the special effects! Another thing that's great about The Avengers is the opening pilot, witch truly is exiting and thrilling. I found this movie highly entertaining, because it's so damn good and unique, and it's packed with great actors and the movie overall is cool and touching. The negative thing about The Avengers is that the tempo is a little to slow at some places, but also that there were some scenes that they took from other movies (like Transformers), but except for that it The Avengers truly fascinating!

The Avengers gets a 9/10
  5. Mar 8, 2014
    The problem I see in this movie was the theme, which is not very well designed, and were supposed to be more. It has lots of action and stunning visuals, but only enough, in my opinion, this 6.
  6. Mar 4, 2014
    A rather simple plot is elevated greatly by slick, stylish and witty dialogue and script. It's also worth noting that Whedon in a few scenes cleverly avoids contrivance, which seems to be a staple and almost a cliche nowadays for superhero movies. Overall, this films lives up to its hype and it's definitely up there for one of my favourite action movies.
  7. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch one of the most overrated piece of entertainment since call of duty, The Avengers. Watch one of the most forgettable superhero/ action movie of 2012. See one of the most basic story plots rip off other popular moments from other films E.g. The Dark Knight, Transformers, Star Wars and Power ranger? Watch the film that has terrible character development for all the characters except Tony Stark. See one of the worst Hulks and the worst actor to play Bruce Banner "Christ i almost mistook it for the BFG, i mean what the hell happened to Ed Norton". Watch how all these super hero movies can do what Christopher Nolan can do in just one film. "My god how the hell did this get so many good ratings". Expand
  8. Feb 24, 2014
    Great fun! Mark Ruffalo as Hulk totally owns Eric Bana's poor performance and also surpassess Norton's Hulk. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow... oh dead God that leather suit.. I don't need to talk about it no more.. Just watch this movie if you want a great popcorn flick.
  9. Feb 16, 2014
    Since this genre is never my first choice, I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked and enjoyed "The Avengers". The film didn't aim for anything deep and ambiguous, it was just pure fun and enjoyment; a great blockbuster movie and a great superhero movie. The choreography in the action scenes was well stylized, cinematography was nice and clean, and the humor was witty and actually humorous. I would recommend it to both Marvel fans and other people. Expand
  10. Feb 14, 2014
    The Godfather Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thus Far.
    The Characters Are Flawlessly Acted, The Script Is Brilliant, & It Can Make Anyone Feel Marvelous.
  11. Feb 13, 2014
    The Avengers is possibly the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It kept me on the edge of my seat nearly the entire movie! The Avengers tied up every prequel that came before it which I really liked. I bought the movie for Blu-Ray and watch it nearly every time I get the chance to. The Avengers keeps me wrapped up in the mysteries and funny moments.
  12. Feb 3, 2014
    Perfect example of an overrated movie. The saying "Less is more" applies here. There are too many super heroes in this film and none of them are used appropriately. The movie is also much longer than it needs to be. It never seems to end and for most of it, it is boring and forgettable. By the time the real action begins, you're already more than 3/4s into the film. This is a dumb stupid popcorn movie featuring a dumb stupid team of superheroes. Ironman on his own or Hulk on his own are great but throw them in with goody two shoes Captain America whose character is flat, boring and lifeless or Mr. Bulging Biceps Thor who isn't a super hero at all (He's a mythical God. Next time, the Avengers should recruit Zeus or Jesus Christ) and is the beefed up equivalent of Brandan Frasier's boy in a bunker and its just gets sloshed around into a muddled mess. Expand
  13. Feb 1, 2014
    Mala muy sobre valorada, Joss Whedon puede ser bue guionista pero como director deja mucho que desear, la película es decepcionante y todos parecen niños desesperados por esta película. Una historia muy simple.
  14. Jan 15, 2014
    Whoa, this movie is unquestionably a "Must Watch" for all Marvelites around the globe. This film features a unique combination of Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk and one of the most loved and awesome villains, Loki! Joss Whedon should be the face of Marvel! I'd love it if the Avengers 2 included Spider-Man!
  15. Jan 11, 2014
    Cool, funny, beautiful and interesting. Director Joss Whedon managed to completely different characters to combine them into one command so that each would not take over the movie.

The Avengers 2012 blockbuster best and best movie Marvel comics. Stark Tony / Iron Man excellent jokes. Loki turned out very cool villain. The other characters are also good. In the film, excellent special
    effects, cool action, a great cast and funny jokes. Expand
  16. Jan 6, 2014
    Well let's everybody enjoy ourselves with a quality superhero flick that is... In its first multiple superhero team-up, executed nearly flawlessly. Consider the many opportunities that this movie had a chance to create gaping plot holes, only to be masterfully minimized by Whedon and his team.
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    this film just works. each marvel hero is woven into the story seamlessly, and the script sparkles with their interplay. it is essentially a classic comic book movie so the story doesn't really hold up, but hell, it's damn entertaining and has some very funny moments.
  18. Dec 30, 2013
    If Marvel had made several unconnected movies of various superheroes, it would have been sufficient. By making them all part of one massive universe- and capping it off with this studio masterpiece- they created a legend. I loved The Avengers because it didn't try to be anything more than what it was: a pulse-pounding thrill ride complete with epic action sequences, solid acting, vibrant special effects, and a whole lot of gut-busting humor. A prime example of entertainment at its highest level. Expand
  19. Dec 30, 2013
    The action is extremely well done, and fortunately there are a couple of interesting characters on screen (Tony Stark [Ironman], Steve Rogers [Cpt. America]) to provide a bit more. Otherwise, we're talking about a completely cartoony plot, with one dimensional (at best) characters (how hard was it to make *Loki* interesting?!), and junior-high grade dialog.
  20. Dec 29, 2013
    Just recently sat down and watched the film again for a second time, nuff said thsi film can only be described as one of the most Badass comic book films of all time, in fact pretty much all Marvel films are amazingly badass so yeah.
    The Avengers:10/10 WATCH THIS AMAZINGLY POLISHED
  21. Dec 22, 2013
    Special effects, explosions, men and women in tight clothing, building on the franchise. It's your average superhero movie, what can I say. I'm biased, for sure, I don't mind Marvel's movieverse(s) and have grown attached to their cinematic versions of the heroes I had originally been introduced to through the comics. If you're either an avid and loyal fan of the original comic books or not much of a Marvel fan at all, it's probably a movie you can go without watching. Knowing more about the characters beforehand definitely adds sentimental appeal and perhaps provides more entertainment; it's a hunk of fanboy/girl material and clever marketing. Expand
  22. Dec 21, 2013
    Why all the hate it's a fun movie to watch featuring some of the hottest stars alive it actually gets better with each time viewing and I'm NOT a fan of comics
  23. Dec 17, 2013
    A fun ride. Favorite parts were the physics ideas in action scenes. Least favorite part was the lack of focus, how everything just kept moving on so fast you never really got to reflect about anything. Also, the setup with the energy source that is also super dangerous reminded me of The Dark Knight Rises and I had overall seen a lot of the ideas before. The movie could have established sympathy with the heroes or with civilians, instead it asks you to automatically feel for humanity or New York or whatever. I honestly didn't, so it never crossed over into an emotionally engaged territory. But yeah, it's fun I guess. Expand
  24. Dec 16, 2013
    The Avengers is definitely one extremely fun movie. It doesn't transcend the genre's storytelling limits like Nolan's Batman trilogy did, but the whole thing probably would have collapsed trying to do this anyways. Instead it smartly embraces the lunacy of comic books rather than try to reject it. This means that the film becomes a little to silly at times, but it also allows it to be built from the ground up as a gigantic showcase for an array of very exciting action set pieces. It's definitely not a very deep or thought provoking film, but it's elevated well above the average explosion fest by its style, sense of fun, more than solid visual effects, and well established, albeit somewhat cartoony and overly flamboyant, characters. It's one of the most entertaining superhero movies out there. Expand
  25. Dec 15, 2013
    Una cagada, aburrida por momentos, las peleas son flojas, sin EPICA sin EMOCIÓN una mierda en general. Fue muy sobre valorada. La gente es ciega, salí del cine re decepcionado.
  26. Dec 13, 2013
    It has to be pretty hard to do a movie with all these super heroes together and not do a horrible movie. So if only because it´s not a disaster by any means I give it a pass with a score of 5 out of 10. Apart from that the movie is not impacting or emotional or emotive or anything. It just keep you entertained while it lasts. But you quickly forget about it the moment it is over. Not impressive at all. Batman or Spiderman movies have so much more emotional content and lasting impact, just to give two examples. The thing that should be unquestionable is the great visual effects, but even that becomes not that impressive only a year later, when we had in 2013 several blockbusters doing it better and bigger, especially Star Trek into Darkness and Man of Steel (the most epic action in a super hero movie to date). Not even the score is especially good or something like in Nolan´s Batman or Man of Steel cases. Really forgettable no matter how much money it did thanks to the normal publicity generated by putting all these super heros together. Expand
  27. Dec 13, 2013
    I can't find a single reason to give this movie a 9.This is perfect film certainly the best movie of the year for me.The characters are great and the last battle true epicness that you can't get enough.Our culture is much richer and glorius with this movie at our hands.
  28. Dec 10, 2013
    Decepcionante, es una adaptación bastante fría, sin emoción no eh visto nada EPICO en esta película, su tono infantil la caga un poco. La expectativa fue mucha y termino siendo una decepción total.
  29. Dec 8, 2013
    A get together of superheroes should have been set more entertainingly. When you don't have a story good enough, even a lot of superheroes fail to keep you hooked. The Aviator might have sounded exciting on paper, but what I watched was a let-down. I take consolation in knowing that it worked out for the majority of its audience (purely going by the ratings shown here). Can't wait for the sequel!!! With all due respect, 1/5 sounds fair enough for the experience. Miss the good old days wherein I can picture myself enjoying this sort of movie. Expand
  30. Dec 7, 2013
    I had never thought that I would see this kind of movie-franchise team up, and I have to congratulate Marvel for doing something that is now being copied by Sony and Fox (with their Spiderman and X-Men franchises). I mean; Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye teaming up to fight aliens? What? Unfortunately, the first 45 minutes are kinda boring. The car chase in the beginning is boring. I personally think it's overrated. I liked Loki, but he and his army seem pretty weak. I just didn't enjoy this movie. HowevervI like the action.

Overall, I expected much better from Marvel.

(P.S, you may have seen this review by me under "andrewgarcia 732". I can't get into my old account and have started new one.

As always, If you liked or didn't like this review, you can read my other ones and mark this review as helpful.)

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    May 8, 2012
    The banter has zip, the effects are fun, the climactic battle is decently spectacular, and if the 3-D is mostly expendable, there are a few scenes where it adds a nice kick.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 4, 2012
    This mania is what Marvel followers have hungered for, and it would be fruitless to deny their delight. As Loki says to a crowd of earthlings, "It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." We do, Master, we do.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 4, 2012
    They're fascinating characters, to be sure, with back stories ripe for development. But Whedon doesn't commit here, and the results are shrug-worthy.