Cohen Media Group | Release Date: August 17, 2012
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 45 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ArcandioAug 7, 2013
If you're looking for cat scares, you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for a film with atmosphere, impending horror, excellent plot twists, and British pacing, you're in luck.
audreythomas25Feb 11, 2016
A concise little old-school British ghost story, and I say there's always room for a few more of those.

Watch this movie here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29add7-The-Awakening-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
choomtabi31Apr 13, 2016
I enjoyed this movie immensely. It is not a horror film but more of a suspense thriller with a supernatural component.

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-2731479-The-Awakening
bookfilmhoarderMar 9, 2017
One of the better ghost stories, which was quite exciting to watch and not that transparent with the plot. Loved the twist. Oh what can I say, ghost stories with children are just great, especially this one!
SpangleMay 7, 2015
An interesting film, The Awakening is not exactly what I was expecting, but still wound up delivering some good stuff. Firstly, from a horror aspect, there are some truly terrifying scenes that really get the juices flowing. There are notAn interesting film, The Awakening is not exactly what I was expecting, but still wound up delivering some good stuff. Firstly, from a horror aspect, there are some truly terrifying scenes that really get the juices flowing. There are not many, but there are some and damn are they effective. The film also sports some great acting from Rebecca Hall and Dominic West who really dominate the screen every time they are shown. The mise en scene is gorgeous, especially the production design. Really beautifully put together all-around. The mystery/thriller portion of this one is interesting and really opens the door for interesting discussions on loneliness, death, and the afterlife. However, the film simply tries to do too much, which is ultimately its undoing. Though ravishingly beautiful and well-written, it overreaches and would have been best served narrowing its focus and really digging deeper into one particular issue. Ultimately, the first three quarters of this one are quite strong, but then comes the lackluster final quarter, which really could have been done better. Expand
AD_PhoenixJan 30, 2013
This film is a good example of how modern horror films could be more original, rather than stick to the norm found on today's screens. Delivering itself like an early 1900s adaptation, the film captures the feel of the era through its sets,This film is a good example of how modern horror films could be more original, rather than stick to the norm found on today's screens. Delivering itself like an early 1900s adaptation, the film captures the feel of the era through its sets, locations and costume design. Although the scares are sometimes expected, what's fresh here is the addition of tension created through the brilliant sound editing and score. There is certainly a bigger inclusion of drama than a lot of other horro films, to help the audience connect with our heroine through character development. Atmospheric, dark and creep, The Awakening is a tense post-WWI gothic horror which I would consider in the same vein as The Woman In Black. Expand
charlotteydwiFeb 4, 2013
This film shows that we can still make original horror films and not just relay the same old trash. The plot was strong and the acting paid off. I definite must watch.
marcmyworksJun 10, 2016
This film beautifully manages to create mystique and intrigue while remaining quiet and unassuming. The structure is good, however the scenes cut strangely and the ending too blatantly open ended.