CBS Films | Release Date: April 23, 2010
5.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 63 Ratings
Watch Now
MartinS.Apr 24, 2010
Is it possible to rate a movie with a negative number? Even Jennifer Lopez must be sick of these plug and play formula pieces. We sat there and predicted every "hilarious" gag in the movie. "She's going to crash." "She's going to Is it possible to rate a movie with a negative number? Even Jennifer Lopez must be sick of these plug and play formula pieces. We sat there and predicted every "hilarious" gag in the movie. "She's going to crash." "She's going to spray him with the hose." For the love of god, please stop it JLo. Try and salvage what once was a promising film career. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
SvetaPMay 16, 2010
I thought it was a feel-good movie, brainless and sweet. after a hard week at work i had to watch THIS? brainless, yes, but in a very bad way... there were a few laughs but... this movie is downright insulting. a movie that made me feel I thought it was a feel-good movie, brainless and sweet. after a hard week at work i had to watch THIS? brainless, yes, but in a very bad way... there were a few laughs but... this movie is downright insulting. a movie that made me feel really bad. what happened to the times when motherhood was sacred? lauded by poets and respected by all? jlo is pretty at 40 but she needs to grow a brain and stop giggling. doesnt she respect herself? as a beautiful, young, successful single mother i was hurt to the core. i still cant believe it. birth is funny, breastfeeding is funny and even the 'pedophile' on the playground is funny. humor is never a problem for me and i am easy to amuse. but here, crap and puke jokes along with the most ridiculous portrayal of single mother support groups were just drab, cliche and completely idiotic. felt like walking out. shame shame shame we all have enough on our hands besides this sexism. grow up, people. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
bluescorpSep 23, 2010
Even though the ticket to J-Lo's 'The Back-Up Plan' was offered to me free of charge, I immediately declined. The second time it was offered, for whatever reason, it seems I was in a more agreeable mood and caved in.

Ok, it was ALWAYS

Ok, it was ALWAYS going to be a bad film experience, let's be clear. But nothing, I repeat NOTHING could prepare me for the sheer, unadulterated, spine chillingly horrific scenes proffered by Alan Poul and Columbia Pictures.

I'll admit, I don't watch a large number of Hollywood films these days, much less this genre, however, I'm quite sure there cannot be any serious competition come RAZZIE® Awards time.

At the present time, Hollywood studios are producing more garbage than ever - this is widely accepted with metrics freely available. But THIS?!! Surely someone with authority, somewhere along the production line could have stood up and said 'STOP'!!

With a few strokes of the pen, the studio signed off on this mindlessly insipid, unskilfully contrived fragment of tripe. In today's market, it's conceivable that they may even recoup their costs. As for myself however, I'm forced to deal with the scars on a daily basis, both psychological and physical (I suffered a grade 4 whiplash due to high intensity, involuntary 'wincing').

I can only imagine the further damage I may have inflicted upon myself if I had remained in the theatre any longer than I did. This was without question, the longest twenty-five minutes of my life - time I might add, that I can never reclaim.

Disaster witnesses often talk about the sensation of viewing events from 'outside their body' - I now have a very real and first-hand experience of this phenomena.

May the Lord God have mercy on our souls.
jogger91Mar 5, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shamefully predictable. Formulaic. Typical boy meets girl (typcical meets 'cute'), boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy get girl back. Why does every American chick flick have to follow the same formula. Quite unoriginal. Expand
AnnabelleF.Apr 23, 2010
Jennifer Lopez cannot act, can't sing, can't held a conversation without giggling.She can't do anything I don't know why she is into acting, singing. Why is she in Hollywood?With plastic surgery anybody could be in Jennifer Lopez cannot act, can't sing, can't held a conversation without giggling.She can't do anything I don't know why she is into acting, singing. Why is she in Hollywood?With plastic surgery anybody could be in television.Besides her personality, is very arrogant,and hypocrite. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
ChadS.Apr 24, 2010
"We were doing fine before you came along," according to Zoe, who chastizes Stan for his semantics, when he explains to an old girlfriend that he's not the father of the baby bump. This assertion of Zoe's makes precious little "We were doing fine before you came along," according to Zoe, who chastizes Stan for his semantics, when he explains to an old girlfriend that he's not the father of the baby bump. This assertion of Zoe's makes precious little sense, since the pet shop owner met the goat cheese maker on the same day she was artifically inseminated. And on the night that Zoe learns about her successful fertilization via home pregnancy test stick and dog, she had already fallen for Stan, so mother and child were never really a unit all to themselves. Rather than chalk up Zoe's gripe about her lost independence as a screenwriting gaffe, the nonsensical protestation can be explained by the pregnant woman's increased hormonal levels and romantic anguish. She's upset; she doesn't know what she's saying. Due to the restrictions of romantic comedy, what Zoe is upset about, however, makes "The Back-up Plan" hopelessly pedestrian, in which certain knotty issues and emotions can't be broached, because the genre is largely escapist. But even the most indiscriminating moviegoer may find the negation of any discourse on the A-word(especially on the mother's part) conspicuous by its absence. Whereas Stan's commitment to the unborn, at times, is marked by numerous bouts of apprehensiveness, Zoe never seems to have any regrets about her impending birth to children whose father will forever remain anonymous. If she did, the screenplay would force the filmmaker's hand to deal with all the options that a pregnant woman faces. Zoe gets cravings and nausea, but she never gets introspective, never entertains the possibility that she could start all over with Stan. "The Back-up Plan" doesn't want you to think about this hot-button topic, which is why the filmmaker establishes Zoe's wealth at the outset of their relationship, so when it's time for her to discover that she's having twins, there's no potentiality of the extra mouth being a financial burden to instigate some drastic measure on the Internet entrepreneur's part. "The Back-up Plan" is about bad timing. Perhaps the back-up plan to "The Back-up Plan" entertained some dialogue to the possibility of a correction. Expand
SuleimanApr 23, 2010
Why is Lopez so keen on continuously embarrassing herself?
DivaP.Apr 23, 2010
This movie has absolutely nothing going for it.