6.8

1. Apr 11, 2013
    Not sure why this has always had such negative reviews. I find it a well made film set in beautiful locations. I know there was an uproar when it was filmed because of the affect on the environment in Thailand, but that shouldn't impact on the score the film gets.
  2. Oct 16, 2012
    Excellent story with breathtaking scenery set in Thailand. Leo's character Richard is an American tourist and he embarks on an adventure to find a paradise island. But at what price? My favourite scenes are when Francoise pretends to be eaten by a shark, when they debate how they are to get down from the waterfall and the scene where they are together in the water. Excellent cast and soundtrack. Directed by Danny Boyle. Expand
  3. Jul 9, 2011
    Excellent Movie. So it doesnt follow the book exactly but this movie gives fantasy and euphoria, its mesmerising. For those who lack imagination and adventure maybe they should give this a miss. Di Caprios acting is very good.

1. It doesn't really come off, but it's an admirably ambitious, and mostly very engaging, coming-of-age adventure that apes the spirit of Joseph Conrad.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    Murky, pretentious and torturously inert.
  3. Tries to take us from heaven to hell but winds up leaving us in limbo: exasperated and dumfounded.