7.1

1. Oct 16, 2012
    Excellent story with breathtaking scenery set in Thailand. Leo's character Richard is an American tourist and he embarks on an adventure to find a paradise island. But at what price? My favourite scenes are when Francoise pretends to be eaten by a shark, when they debate how they are to get down from the waterfall and the scene where they are together in the water. Excellent cast and soundtrack. Directed by Danny Boyle. Collapse
  2. Feb 14, 2013
    The beach is a really touching story with dark and harrowing aspects to it, really well acted by Leo dicaprio. It almost seems like a modern tale of The Lord of flies but with adults, it asks the question what happens to humanity without order and civilisation? Ignoring the deep philosophical nature to this film, it is truly is a weird and wonderful watch.
  3. Jul 9, 2011
    Excellent Movie. So it doesnt follow the book exactly but this movie gives fantasy and euphoria, its mesmerising. For those who lack imagination and adventure maybe they should give this a miss. Di Caprios acting is very good.
  4. Nov 29, 2011
    One of the most terrible films I've ever seen. Very degrading to the country and its culture. Nonsense plot and terrible acting. I couldn't hate anything more. Very stupid movie. I regret spending that much time to watch it
  5. Feb 23, 2013
    The Beach should have been called The Cute Guy From Titanic Takes His Cloths Off. "Leo" got a very big following after being in the then best grossing film of all time, Titanic. It was an amazing film and he did a great job, but unfortunately for us horny Americans, there wasn't enough skin. That's where The Beach comes in. This was a rush job plain and simple. The movie has no flow or plot, it's big sell was Leo DiCaprio on The Beach wearing very little. Honestly he should have just done a magazine shoot and saved us the time, because this movie isn't worth the film it is shot on. Unless you want to see lots of Leo with his shirt off, this movie is a definite pass. Expand
  6. Jan 5, 2014
    Não grande coisa fraco até demais.
  7. May 26, 2013
    Recently re-watched this film and was surprised to see how well it had stood up to the test of time. The photography is drop-dead-gorgeous, the acting professional and convincing, and the film's central story of narcissism and disaffection still relevant.
  8. Apr 11, 2013
    Not sure why this has always had such negative reviews. I find it a well made film set in beautiful locations. I know there was an uproar when it was filmed because of the affect on the environment in Thailand, but that shouldn't impact on the score the film gets.

1. It doesn't really come off, but it's an admirably ambitious, and mostly very engaging, coming-of-age adventure that apes the spirit of Joseph Conrad.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    Murky, pretentious and torturously inert.
  3. Tries to take us from heaven to hell but winds up leaving us in limbo: exasperated and dumfounded.