9.0

1. JeffT
    May 10, 2008
    Too long. I saw this film to practice Italian and that was my motivation to see the whole thing. To begin with, I didn't know it was six hours so I kept waiting for it to end. I don't understand all the raves. I am a foreign film aficionado but this one was much too slow for me and it had too many subplots. I couldn't relate nor bond with any of the characters.
  2. JonI.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Must be definitely the most overated movie in cinema history. 2 reasons: pathetic performances and boring, boring, boring plot. Don't give it a chance if you have any respect for cinema masters (Coppola, Kusturica, Lynch, Antonioni) or for yourself.
  3. MichaelV.
    Jun 21, 2005
    OK maybe im too imature to apreciate something like this and vote on it without seeing it and if it were scaled down im sure like most scaled down attempts it would suck but let me just put my point across "JESUS F#$%ING CHIRST THIS MOVIE IS 6 F#$%ING HOURS LONG!!!!!!!!!!!"

The acting is electric. By the end of this haunting, hypnotic film, you feel you have watched lives being lived, not just imagined.
  2. Lo Cascio and Boni inhabit their roles with keen intellectual and emotional vigor.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    At nearly six hours, pic's extreme length lets Giordana and screenwriters Sandro Petraglia and Stefano Rulli build up a novelistic rhythm, pulling the audience so deeply and forcefully into their story that it becomes like a enveloping dream; when it's over, parting with the characters is truly sweet and sorrowful.