The Big Bounce

1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 33 Ratings

1. Fantasy
    Feb 2, 2004
    Please tell me that these big name actors did not make this dreck and that I was dreaming? Don't even think of seeing this. Terrible. Enough said.
  2. SteveS.
    Feb 1, 2004
    The only scam that is clear to you upon leaving the theatre is that you're out ten bucks. This movie is as dull as a spork! Why would talented actors such as Morgan Freeman and Gary Sinise sign-on for such garbage? Apparently the economy really is bad and they're hard up for work. Sara Foster is somewhere on the sexy meter between Tori Spelling and my dog, Pete. Dye job, next The only scam that is clear to you upon leaving the theatre is that you're out ten bucks. This movie is as dull as a spork! Why would talented actors such as Morgan Freeman and Gary Sinise sign-on for such garbage? Apparently the economy really is bad and they're hard up for work. Sara Foster is somewhere on the sexy meter between Tori Spelling and my dog, Pete. Dye job, next time, Sara, please. No one likes a skunk! Just an awful movie--poorly written, no plot, no story, no acting--I was beginning to think turning around to watch the back wall of the theare would be more entertaining. Go ahead, see The Big Bounce, but don't say I didn't warn you that you'll just feel like a Big Chump! Expand
  3. PatC.
    Oct 11, 2004
    The expendable triumph over the worthless in this affirmation of how pathetic one's free time to take in a show can be.
  4. LeeFooY.
    Feb 1, 2004
    The movie just meanders along. you keep waiting for something to happen that is big, but it never does. when the 'con' comes along, you're like 'huh'. that was it? we saw it in a small theater with about 20 people. asked 4 or 5 folks what they thought of it, and everyone gave it a thumbs down. my fiance gave it an 'it was ok'. as for the women, saraThe movie just meanders along. you keep waiting for something to happen that is big, but it never does. when the 'con' comes along, you're like 'huh'. that was it? we saw it in a small theater with about 20 people. asked 4 or 5 folks what they thought of it, and everyone gave it a thumbs down. my fiance gave it an 'it was ok'. as for the women, sara foster was too dull for my tastes. i liked '#9' better. the only semi-chuckle i got involved a cell phone. the pacing was off...maybe the editing is what did this in. more than likely, the actors were in hawaii together and someone said "hey, remember...we gotta do a movie". sinise and charlie sheen were wasted. foster was sparkless. Expand
  5. PeterJ.
    Jan 27, 2005
    Simply put, this was pure garbage. I could not even finish watching it. I gave it one point because I used to live in Hawaii and enjoyed seeing some of my old stomping grounds on the North Shore.
  6. Emily
    Mar 5, 2004
    This movie was so completely void of plot that I left 30 minutes into it, confused as hell as to what the point of the film was. Even though I was actually in the mood for a mindless film, Owen Wilson couldn't entertain me enough to make me want to stay. fans looking for bikini clad models running around will also be disappointed.
  7. BrandonE.
    Aug 26, 2004
    Horrible...just plain horrible.

When the general pleasantness of the atmosphere and the cleverness of the screenplay don't carry the movie, Wilson does -- at least until a hurried, confounding finale that reveals its casualness as sloppiness.
    The low-wattage thrills, lukewarm jokes and unconvincing caricatures we encounter in The Big Bounce simply don't generate that kind of excitement.
  3. By not trying too hard, this remake of a dumb movie has got spring in its step. The bounce is on us.