7.1

1. Carlos
    Dec 26, 2009
    In these very troubled and difficult times in the world, this is an optimistic view, and the best is it is based on a true story, which makes it more beliavable. Sandra Bullock is way far away from her usual characters, and floats up beautifully! (much more so after her participation in the awful "All About Steve".
  2. JohnH
    Dec 3, 2009
    First, the criticisms of this movie are ridiculous. How this movie gets misconstrued as racism is crazy. The purpose of this movie is not to show white people as the saviors of black people, and any such suggestion is malicious, hateful, and racist. This movie gives nothing to complain about. It had plenty of laughs, a few tear-jerking moments, a quick-paced story that was engaging... All First, the criticisms of this movie are ridiculous. How this movie gets misconstrued as racism is crazy. The purpose of this movie is not to show white people as the saviors of black people, and any such suggestion is malicious, hateful, and racist. This movie gives nothing to complain about. It had plenty of laughs, a few tear-jerking moments, a quick-paced story that was engaging... All the elements necessary to keep most people entertained. Why do you think it did better in the box office in its second weekend? Because this movie is good. It achieves its goals effortlessly, and its goals are to show that people have the ability to drastically alter the course of each others' lives through our actions. Expand
  3. JohnG.
    Jan 12, 2010
    Wonderfully told tale full of hope, breaking many prejudices and Bullock is simply brilliant. An Oscar winning display.
  4. JohnU
    Jan 2, 2010
    A rare film that both men and women can enjoy. Sandra Bullock is terrific! While her role as a Christian woman doing good is primary and that of Michael Oher, the promising offensive lineman, is diminished from what it was in the book, there is still enough football action to hold the attention of guys who follow the game. (Oher became an All_American at Ole Miss after departing the Tuohy A rare film that both men and women can enjoy. Sandra Bullock is terrific! While her role as a Christian woman doing good is primary and that of Michael Oher, the promising offensive lineman, is diminished from what it was in the book, there is still enough football action to hold the attention of guys who follow the game. (Oher became an All_American at Ole Miss after departing the Tuohy household after his high school graduation and then a first round draft choice and now a starter for the Baltimore Ravens.) Audiences are much more positive about this film than the critics. In this case, I think the audiences are to be trusted more than the critics. Expand
  5. MikeM
    Feb 2, 2010
    Critics who downgraded this movie(based on a true story) simply do not like feel good movies,=. I guess they just want lots of action with no base for the plots.These critics need to give up this profession because they are unqualified to rate anything. Movie was very good. Sandrs Bullock was bsolutely fantastic ant the supporting cast was also.I am glan I don't pay ant attention to Critics who downgraded this movie(based on a true story) simply do not like feel good movies,=. I guess they just want lots of action with no base for the plots.These critics need to give up this profession because they are unqualified to rate anything. Movie was very good. Sandrs Bullock was bsolutely fantastic ant the supporting cast was also.I am glan I don't pay ant attention to these so called critics. If I did,I surely would miss some good and entertaining movies. The box office doesn't lie. Just look at the numbers idiots! Expand
  6. SimoneN.
    Feb 25, 2010
    A great story with great morals and spirit. We all must learn to admire the good and stop making fun of it. I can only wish we will have more people like this family around us.
  7. TimG.
    Mar 29, 2010
    I liked the book better because the football scenes in the movie are tough to reproduce accurately.
  8. ChrisT
    Nov 20, 2009
    This is by far Sandra Bullock's best performance that I have ever seen her in and this is really a great film, best on an inspiring story.
  9. carolA.
    Dec 25, 2009
    The feel good movie of the holiday season. Sandra Bullock is terrific in what may be her best role ever. Don't miss this wonderful human interest story.
  10. MikeW
    Dec 3, 2009
    So much has been said in finding fault with the story, with the perceived racism in the storytelling, with the fault in the characters. I find little fault with the film. The characters are... true. Notably three New York-based critics gave the movie a failing grade. Why? Because the acting was so poor? Or because they did not connect with the message? This is one of those rare moments So much has been said in finding fault with the story, with the perceived racism in the storytelling, with the fault in the characters. I find little fault with the film. The characters are... true. Notably three New York-based critics gave the movie a failing grade. Why? Because the acting was so poor? Or because they did not connect with the message? This is one of those rare moments where I find that the most condemning critics are in the wrong, because it is not the MOVIE they disagree with per se, but the premise. The mere idea that such a series of events unfolded as such is perceived as de facto racist. But you know what, much of life has racial overtones. And I don't find the too-good-to-be-true story any less valued just because it doesn't live up to certain standards as a story of overcoming the odds in a racially segregated (or rather socially racially segregated society.) On a side note, love Sandra Bullock. But the accent is close.... but just not there. Expand
  11. NilsY
    Dec 6, 2009
    A great story, which was well cast and acted. This is an inspiring feel good movie.
  12. GerriS
    Dec 6, 2009
    Best movie I've ever seen. Entire family (10 in all) and everyone enjoyed it. Tim McGraw and Sandra Bullock were great.
  13. LindseyD
    Dec 6, 2009
    This movie was such a positive, wonderful story. Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw are both wonderful in this movie. The family's love for each other and for Michael is overwhelming. It is a charming movie that you will want to go see again. I know I do!!
  14. DanL
    Mar 29, 2010
    This movie has some of the best acting and dramatization I have seen from a movie in a long time. Sandra Bullock normally plays in goofy, ditzy roles, but she did a wonderful job in her serious role. The other thing that I liked to see is that she played the dominant role in the house even though her husband played by Tim McGraw created most of the income. So all in all this movie was an This movie has some of the best acting and dramatization I have seen from a movie in a long time. Sandra Bullock normally plays in goofy, ditzy roles, but she did a wonderful job in her serious role. The other thing that I liked to see is that she played the dominant role in the house even though her husband played by Tim McGraw created most of the income. So all in all this movie was an all around great movie and Sandra Bullock deserved the Oscar that she won for it. Expand
  15. WinstonL
    Nov 20, 2009
    Despite the reviews, Sandra Bullock is STILL on my Oscar-watch.
  16. RobertM.
    Nov 22, 2009
    This movie works because it is a straight-forward story of hope and one woman's determination to make a positive difference. The reviewers (they call themselves critics) that rated the movie yellow or red would also have panned Capra's "It's A Wonderful Life". REM
  17. MarkC
    Nov 23, 2009
    Thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
  18. BillP
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seriously. How can you not like this movie? It's a delight. Sandra Bullock finds her voice! It's all true. People do noble things.
  19. VinceM.
    Dec 16, 2009
    Inspiring, true story. I loved it, one of those movies thats stays with you afterward. The critics are way out of line on this one and they have zero credibility, that's why I always check out USER COMMENTS and not Critics Comments
  20. JS
    Dec 17, 2009
    Why is it that all the negative reviews are claiming the film is racist? The only racists are the bigots who can't stand that a hollywood film actually depicted conservatives in a good way. This film is fantastic! Not about race, not about republican vs. democrat, its about Michael Oher and his journey to the NFL! GET OVER IT!!
  21. JacksonR.
    Nov 24, 2009
    The Blind Side is very well done on all points. It is well written, well acted and well edited. It is the first film in several months whereI did not feel robbed of my hard earned money (Damn you Surrogates!). I notice that a number of the critics of the film find fault and even racism in how the story plays out. Considering that it is based on true events I don't see how they can The Blind Side is very well done on all points. It is well written, well acted and well edited. It is the first film in several months whereI did not feel robbed of my hard earned money (Damn you Surrogates!). I notice that a number of the critics of the film find fault and even racism in how the story plays out. Considering that it is based on true events I don't see how they can blame the film for how these people lived. The film is simply reflecting the reality as seen through the eyes of the participants. I guess it would have been a very different film if told from the perspective of the project dwelling drug dealer - but his was not the story being told. Expand
  22. EmilyC
    Dec 28, 2009
    My whole family enjoyed this movie. Sandra Bullock perfectly portrayed an upper-class, Southern woman, and it was great to see Tim McGraw in a different setting - he also did a fantastic job. The screenplay was well written and engaging for the whole two hours. Some people may not like the story, but it's true and it's fantastic.
  23. TonyB.
    Dec 29, 2009
    For the life of me, I cannot understand those who see racism here. The story is true, and the truth is that a poor black youngster was helped by a rich white family. I am so happy that this very well-written, acted and directed film is doing so well at the box office.
  24. Oct 8, 2011
    A great movie for you and the family its truly touching and amazing how a southern rich girl would take in a poor young african american boy it is truly touching i certainly reccomend it 10/10
  25. Sep 30, 2014
    If you fail to see that they're just human beings helping each other, you are the racist ones. The movie is worth watching, very inspirational and sad at times. And yeah, Sandra Bullock is outstanding.
  26. Aug 14, 2010
    The performance by Sandra Bullock TOTALLY deserves the Academy Award.
    If you forget this is a movie based in real life facts it wouldn't matter, the movie would still be great, with great performances by all their actors and they develop their story of "white guy/girl saves poor boy" in a way never seen before, making it a great drama that will keep you hooked up from the beginning.
    I
    The performance by Sandra Bullock TOTALLY deserves the Academy Award.
    I don't give it a 10 because there was a scene or two that don't add anything to the movie, but there should be a 9.5 score in this scale, because that's what this movie deserves.
  27. Jan 13, 2011
    This movie is inspirational, it tells people not to judge people by their skin color or their appearance. It is a heart warmer, it has one of the best plots of 2009, If I was a dog- 4 THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!
  28. ShaneS.
    Jan 21, 2010
    Sandra Bullock is absolutely fantastic! Why? Because she's so believable in her role; most of the time a big name actor gets in the way of their own character because all the audience recognizes is the face. In "The Blind Side" Sandra pretty much disappears into her character of Mrs. Tuohy, which allows the movie itself to have a life of it's own as it's big name actor is Sandra Bullock is absolutely fantastic! Why? Because she's so believable in her role; most of the time a big name actor gets in the way of their own character because all the audience recognizes is the face. In "The Blind Side" Sandra pretty much disappears into her character of Mrs. Tuohy, which allows the movie itself to have a life of it's own as it's big name actor is replaced by a charismatic southern mom. Yes, Mrs. Tuohy does drive the movie, yet she is not too overpowering to where the other characters are drowned out. Michael and the rest of the Tuohy's act superbly within their roles; the scenes with the smallest Tuohy (SJ) and Michael are very humorous and impactful when they need to be. They really portray a good brother to brother relationship. The movie as a whole is more of a drama than a sports film, about the power of family and what it means to challenge yourself: if that means going out of your way to help another, pushing yourself to achieve what you once thought impossible or looking inwardly to see if you really are the person you want to be. Fantastic performance by Sandra, the story is told wonderfully with enough humor to balance the sometimes dramatic or intense turns. Overall a grand accomplishment for feel good cinama! And a final comment: for all the people that seem to think the movie is about a poor black child helped out by the more privileged white angels, I think you are projecting your own prejudice onto a film that clearly does not have that kind of message in mind. Point in fact: I doubt the Golden Globes would recognize an actress for her role in a obviously racist picture if that were the case at all. (Hope Sandra gets the Academy's recognition also, she, and the film, deserve it!). Expand
  29. JonW
    Feb 2, 2010
    I love this comment - "This movie is despicable." Excuse me it's a TRUE story bozo. Like it actually happened, like the "racist" family actually helped a black kid and now he's star. Great film. Very uplifting.
  30. CandieB
    Feb 25, 2010
    Sandra Bullock's acting was fabulous in this film. What many have touted as overly emotional is actually an honest look into the lives of a family who live what they believe. Of course it's a movie, so you take it with a grain of salt, but it's still encouraging and entertaining.
  31. Sam
    Mar 7, 2010
    This is the best movie I have ever seen because it is based on a true story that you can look up for yourself. just try
  32. MikeD.
    Dec 10, 2009
    A terrific, feel good movie.
  33. GaryS
    Dec 27, 2009
    The Story, Bullock, everyone - Oustanding. Not just another 'feel good' movie. A TRUE story and that's the best part about it (other than seeing Sandra Bullock) There is still hope when people act like the Tuohys. Best of all there was the rest of the school staff who helped this young man get a good start. More than just a single family doing the right thing. And if The Story, Bullock, everyone - Oustanding. Not just another 'feel good' movie. A TRUE story and that's the best part about it (other than seeing Sandra Bullock) There is still hope when people act like the Tuohys. Best of all there was the rest of the school staff who helped this young man get a good start. More than just a single family doing the right thing. And if you've read anything about Sandra Bullock and this movie, you know that it even touched her to an extent - she saw true Christianity Mrs Tuohy and her family. To the cynics go throw your darts at some of the real trash movies out there - This movies first class all the way. Expand
  34. AngieH
    Dec 5, 2009
    I enjoy a movie that has a heart. The touching parts were not overplayed. They were more subtle than that. It had a great message, and is a wonderful film for any family. Can't wait to see it again!
  35. RobertW
    Dec 6, 2009
    My two companions and I thoughly enjoyed this wonderful movie and Sandra B was dead on fantastic. As far as an racism is concerned, "it's a true story", get over it.
  36. KayS
    Dec 7, 2009
    Makes you have hope in people.. they never knew how this act of kindness and caring would change everyone's life.
  37. MikeS.
    Nov 23, 2009
    I very much enjoyed this movie. During a weekend when the competition consisted of vampires and our world coming to an end, it was nice to see a movie that lives and breathes in the real world, and give the audience something to aspire to. The fact that the movie is based in reality, made me feel unmanipulated and enjoy the story. Terrific entertainment!
  38. CalebN.
    Nov 23, 2009
    Best movie I have EVER seen by a long shot.
  39. GegeL
    Dec 13, 2009
    One of the best movies ever, Sandra Bullock was wonderful and hellow it's a true story, as far as racism is concerned here, just forget about it.
  40. danam
    Dec 13, 2009
    Well worth the $10 I paid to see the movie. Acting was very good. Lots of humor and touching moments. Go see it.
  41. Oct 29, 2011
    This great, hilarious and moving film is based on the true story of Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy who take in a homeless teenage African-American, Michael "Big Mike" Oher. Michael has no idea who his father is and his mother is a drug addict. Michael has had little formal education and few skills to help him learn. Leigh Anne soon takes charge however, as is her nature, ensuring that the youngThis great, hilarious and moving film is based on the true story of Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy who take in a homeless teenage African-American, Michael "Big Mike" Oher. Michael has no idea who his father is and his mother is a drug addict. Michael has had little formal education and few skills to help him learn. Leigh Anne soon takes charge however, as is her nature, ensuring that the young man has every opportunity to succeed. When he expresses an interest in football, she goes all out to help him, including giving the coach a few ideas on how best to use Michael's skills. They not only provide him with a loving home, but hire a tutor to help him improve his grades to the point where he would qualify for an NCAA Division I athletic scholarship. This is a must see film and if i could i would watch another million or even two million times! so go and get the dvd from your local dvd store or online store NOW!!! Expand
  42. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 9.25 out of 10. Acting is good. Sandra gives a great performance, but time to time she just annoying, and the rest is all right. Score is descent. Not the best. Story is really good. Telling the story of micheal oher is just great. The football scenes are all right. It like each time they blow each team out, it's just not beleiveable. Overall, blindside is aFirst off, I would give this a 9.25 out of 10. Acting is good. Sandra gives a great performance, but time to time she just annoying, and the rest is all right. Score is descent. Not the best. Story is really good. Telling the story of micheal oher is just great. The football scenes are all right. It like each time they blow each team out, it's just not beleiveable. Overall, blindside is a great sports film. With all the heart, this is for everyone to go and see. Expand
  43. Apr 2, 2013
    Good drama,acting,direction. Everything
  44. Jun 30, 2013
    There is no tear jerking performance, but it's pretty darn close. Sandra Bullock is outstanding in this film, and this is one of the best football films.
  45. Dec 24, 2013
    One Word: Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  46. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    The Blind Side was an amazing biopic of Michael Oher. It is way better than the critics of Metacritic actually say it is, because they always look on the bad side of a film.
  47. Mar 16, 2015
    The Blind Side is a great movie, for anyone. I just would not be able to understand why someone couldn't like this movie. All the characters are all so loveable. Quinton Aaron plays one of the most loveable role I have ever seen and a movie and he does it by speaking very few words considering he is in a lead role. That is something to be proud off. Sandra Bullock also plays one of theThe Blind Side is a great movie, for anyone. I just would not be able to understand why someone couldn't like this movie. All the characters are all so loveable. Quinton Aaron plays one of the most loveable role I have ever seen and a movie and he does it by speaking very few words considering he is in a lead role. That is something to be proud off. Sandra Bullock also plays one of the best performances if not the best performance of her career. I need to watch more of her stuff. Plus the supporting characters are just so good and the family is just so cute like Tim McGraw is like the perfect father figure. Jae Head and Aaron had unlikely chemistry and their scenes are some of the highlights of the film. This film just shows that there are people willing to go beyond the call of duty for basically no personal gain and all it took was a little structure to make Michael Oher well established young man. Expand

Grounded in the direct, disarming truth of their experience, the movie has a straightforward lack of cheap sentiment that saves it from being either too maudlin or saccharine-sweet.
  2. Bullock is an irrepressible hoot in writer-director John Lee Hancock's otherwise thoroughly conventional take on Michael Lewis' fact-based book "The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game."
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Uplifting and entertaining feel-good, fact-based sports drama.