• Studio: A24
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
6.4

1. Sep 24, 2013
    The Bling Ring is one of my favorite movies of this year, the story is really interesting, and the development can be slow in some moments, but is great. The script is fantastic, the music is cool and the performances are awesome. Amazing movie.
  2. Aug 9, 2013
    Everything was perfect!!!!!! I like the way that the obsession was showed, i liked the way that the thefts happens, everything was in the right way with no comebacks. One of the best of the year.
  3. Aug 9, 2013
    Great movie, great actors, great soundtrack, everything was great in this movie that makes me likes "The Bling Ring" like one of my favorites movies in the history.
  4. Aug 9, 2013
    The filme was sooooooooooooo cool. All the parties, the thefts, every thing was showed how was to be. The acting was great, but Emma Watson and Taissa Farmiga was the great in this movie with the good soundtrack.
  5. Aug 9, 2013
    A cool movie, for cool people. Just kidding, but i liked the movie in so many ways... The performance of most actors are great and how the movie is going to the end...was something good.
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    Very subtle, smart, acerbic, and funny. Just be prepared for how realistic it is. The direction and acting is stellar, with both constantly poking fun at the privileged stupidity of the suspects, with their dialogue, intentional fake crying, and dumb white girl mentality.

I saw some reviews saying that it didn't explore the motives of the robbers, but the film did: they just wanted fame
    and its lifestyle. It's pretty simplistic, because they themselves are simple minded. I wasn't bored because the real life events are sensationally
    entertaining so I was interested the whole time.

I loved the social commentary on these people and their characterization; nothing is made much of because the people are stupid as hell. Marc's homosexuality is ditched because although it's part of who his is, it's irrelevant to the overall story. Emma Watson cracked me up with her performance, and the acting all around was very good and well
    suited to given situations, being annoying or "innocent" when it's warranted. She and Israel Broussard gave some good subtle statements which provoke thoughts regarding the severity and motives of their crimes.

This is a film that has nearly no intention on being fun, but instead bleak, and I applaud the filmmakers for that. This is "mood filmmaking." Many critics and users complained that the characters were one-dimensional and shallow which is true, but it's completely justified. Sofia Coppola created very real people; the dialogue, actions, and lack of conscience provided insight to how vapid these people really were, and the almost identical characterization of each person shows how lazy and dumb the robbers actually were. I also saw people getting mad at the perceived repetitiveness of the film, but, again, it's to show how lazy the kids were. They robbed celebrities over and over and the repetition displayed here shows, furthermore, how lazy and hedonistic these teens were. It gives a sense of realism to the film. It helps furthermore that the dialogue is so accurate to today's overprivileged teens. As a 16-year-old going on 17, this is exactly how these despicable people act; I know some people like this. Sofia Coppola and the actors managed to make these people interesting.

The fact that they filmed this in Paris Hilton's house is great, and added into the subtly there are some great jabs at celebrities. They call Paris Hilton's dog the wrong name and show no interest in a script right on Megan Fox's nightstand in lieu of sunglasses and lipstick. I saw that Sofia Coppola said that she wanted to tell the story from the kids' point of view, and it warranted the film to be shallow due to the tone's context. The whole film is very faithful to the real life events, so don't blame the writing for their easy entrances to the stupid celebrities' homes.

9.3/10, amazing, two thumbs up, far above average, etc.
  7. Jul 11, 2013
    The Bling Ring is first rate, enjoyable and absorbing movie that is thought provoking, clever and fascinating, with good performances and great plot that should be given a shot. It is beautifully crafted and unique in style, with riveting direction (Sofia Coppola's Lost in Translation), and a charming photography. By far, it is is one of the best movies 2013.

1. Reviewed by: Cath Clarke
    Jul 2, 2013
    This is easily Coppola’s funniest film. Leslie Mann is hilarious as Nicki’s phony spiritual mum.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Jul 1, 2013
    Girls meets Ocean’s Eleven, The Bling Ring might be a film for right now rather than the ages, but Sofia Coppola’s heist movie is visually arresting, well acted, capricious fun.
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Jun 21, 2013
    The studied impassivity of The Bling Ring feels increasingly like a dodge as the movie progresses; we sense an anger and a moralism that the director’s too cool or too wary or too close to engage.