Universal Pictures | Release Date: June 14, 2002
7.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 378 Ratings
Watch Now
cheeseberger11Aug 17, 2013
The Bourne Idenity is a solid action flick that had a good plot. The movie started strong but towards the end I didn't know what Damon's character goal was. He wanted answers but he didn't really know what he was looking for in which turnedThe Bourne Idenity is a solid action flick that had a good plot. The movie started strong but towards the end I didn't know what Damon's character goal was. He wanted answers but he didn't really know what he was looking for in which turned to me not knowing what to look for. Expand
riferrariAug 21, 2012
I will give it a 6 out of 10 because I found it too slow paced for an action movie, the first third of the movie was very entertaining but then after that it started to get tiring.
grandpajoe6191Sep 25, 2011
"Bourne Identity" is a serious action movie that looks cool, but creating a game off of this might have been a better choice.
wornoutspinesJun 18, 2015
I remember how I loved The Bourne Identity when it first came out, the plot, the action, I thought everything was great about this film was riveting but then I saw it again and I dozed off for a little bit.

The film doesn’t really holds up

The film doesn’t really holds up today but weirdly enough the plot and the action is style good. The fight scenes and the stunts are still impressive today but the sound effects are kinda bad, it actually put me off of the fight scenes this time around. How come punches sounded like that in movies back then? And how the hell was I ok with it? It took me out of the story and I struggled to get back in it.

As distracting as the sound effects are in the film, The Bourne Identity has a good cast, Matt Damon is amazing in that role, completely belivable as this amnesiac dude who knows all of these thing. The story is simple but efficient as are the action scenes. It has a James Bondsy flavor, that is if James Bond was on a budget, which gives a gritty, realistic feel to the movie.

The Bourne Identity has its quirks but it’s a rather entertaining film. by @wornoutspines