7.8

1. Sep 7, 2011
    From start to finish, this is a great movie. It's got just the right amount of suspense, just the right amount of action, just the right amount of character development. I don't have a single complaint about this movie.
  2. Aug 25, 2012
    This film defines what makes a great action thriller. The pacing is perfect, with no fillers but just under 2 hours of epicness. The balance between action and story, suspense and cinematic scenes is perfect. The story is very easy to follow, it's direct, intriguing and filled with great voice acting from Matt Damon and almost perfect direction. There's not a single moment in this filmThis film defines what makes a great action thriller. The pacing is perfect, with no fillers but just under 2 hours of epicness. The balance between action and story, suspense and cinematic scenes is perfect. The story is very easy to follow, it's direct, intriguing and filled with great voice acting from Matt Damon and almost perfect direction. There's not a single moment in this film where you are not immersed. You don't want to take your eyes off it, whereas a lot of action films tend to go for all-out explosions and miss out on the story. You can switch on and comeback to it later and still enjoy, like the Transporter films, but this one is so gripping and almost perfect in every way. All it's really missing is a bit more action and scenes to go in between - basically a tiny bit longer. On the whole it's a must watch. Expand
  3. Oct 6, 2011
    Oh my god. Love it. Espesiall since it is Taylor Lautners favorite movie. I heart Taylor Lautner. Must watch again. Gotta go because I am going to watch the movie again. Thankyou for reading my review. Goodbye.
  4. Apr 1, 2012
    This is a 9 out of 10 movie. Acting pretty good. Matt Damon is really good at Jason Bourne. Action is pretty great. Which leads to the great story. It's really good. Score is good to. Overall, this is a great start to a great series of Jason Bourne movies. You should watch it.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    "The Bourne Identity" is a 2002 film directed by Doug Limon and starring Matt Damon. The film follows the story of Jason Bourne (Damon), an amnesiac desperately attempting to discover more about his true identity while simultaneously embedding himself in a convoluted conspiracy involving the CIA. Now, when I had first heard "The Bourne Identity"'s fairly original and intriguing premise, I"The Bourne Identity" is a 2002 film directed by Doug Limon and starring Matt Damon. The film follows the story of Jason Bourne (Damon), an amnesiac desperately attempting to discover more about his true identity while simultaneously embedding himself in a convoluted conspiracy involving the CIA. Now, when I had first heard "The Bourne Identity"'s fairly original and intriguing premise, I was already expecting this movie to be great. Did it disappoint? No. No, it did not. This is one of those movie's that just cannot fail - it has a rock solid story crafted by one of the most intelligent authors of our time, a brilliant screenplay written by one of Hollywood's most sought after screenwriters, and an intensely entertaining lead performance. "The Bourne Identity" and it's sequels are often credited with setting the par for most spy thrillers of the past decade - Does it deserve that credit? I believe so, for I have seen a multitude of films with similar concepts that have come out since "The Bourne Identity"'s release. However, most, if not all, of the movies that have tried to replicate what The "Bourne" movie's have done, cannot reach the level of intrigue that each of the "Bourne" movies have reached - and they promptly fall flat in comparison. That being said, everything about this film, beit it's fighting sequences, it's car chase, or it's intense cinematography has made an impact on the spy thriller genre, and the modern film industry, as a whole. All in all, I felt that "The Bourne Identity" was an intensely entertaining thriller with a large amount of intelligence clearly woven it. Expand
  6. Apr 15, 2013
    Awesome movie for James Bond fans! It is better for younger audiences in terms of suggestive content, but still pretty violent. Good story, characters, and stunts, not really a downside I could find, but it's still not the best movie I've seen. Still a good 9 out of 10!
  7. Sep 19, 2013
    The ultimate start to one of the best action movie trilogies, the Bourne Identity satisfies your action cravings, and gives you a dose of life on the run in foreign countries, something the majority of movies don't cover.
  8. Oct 12, 2013
    The Bourne Identity is the beginning of one of the best trilogies in recent memory and perhaps even of all time. This movie is really something special.

The Bourne Identity keeps you in a state of nervous excitation from the opening shot to the fade-out and has a thread of deadpan humor that vibrates alongside the main action like a third rail quivering next to a hurtling train.
    The full-throttle approach of director Doug Liman (Swingers, Go) is impressive.
  3. It has a few whispers of intrigue, but at the heart of The Bourne Identity lies a dispiriting paradox: The more that Jason Bourne learns about himself, the less arresting he seems.