The Bourne Legacy

6.1

1. Jul 28, 2016
    Though it doesn't reach the heights of its predecessors, The Bourne Legacy is a well-made sequel with a strong performance from Jeremy Renner, and impressive action scenes. Matt Damon is certainly missed, but Renner proves more than capable of carrying the film on his own. The plot is intriguing and action packed, and Tony Gilroy writes and directs the film very well. Overall, The BourneThough it doesn't reach the heights of its predecessors, The Bourne Legacy is a well-made sequel with a strong performance from Jeremy Renner, and impressive action scenes. Matt Damon is certainly missed, but Renner proves more than capable of carrying the film on his own. The plot is intriguing and action packed, and Tony Gilroy writes and directs the film very well. Overall, The Bourne Legacy may not live up to the first three, but entertains nonetheless due to its capable cast, and high-octane action scenes. 7.5/10. Expand
  2. Jul 24, 2016
    I am a big fan of Matt Damon, so I was a little disappointed to see Jeremy Renner in this film, but the concept was intriguing. Producing the Bourne Legacy was Universal's decision, apart from Damon and Greengrass, and it has been labeled a spin-off, which I don't believe for a second. The idea of turning Bourne into a 007-type was interesting, especially because the two franchises wouldI am a big fan of Matt Damon, so I was a little disappointed to see Jeremy Renner in this film, but the concept was intriguing. Producing the Bourne Legacy was Universal's decision, apart from Damon and Greengrass, and it has been labeled a spin-off, which I don't believe for a second. The idea of turning Bourne into a 007-type was interesting, especially because the two franchises would have striking differences, like the sense of a loss of identity, and rogue isolation from the government. Plus, Renner pulled me in to the story line within the first 30 minutes, and I got over my initial disappointment. Expand
  3. Jul 13, 2016
    The acting was good, the story was interesting and the fight scenes were well executed.The movie was entertaining and original. As a stand alone film, The Bourne Legacy is not a bad movie, it's actually a more than descent entertainment.But, as a movie part of the Bourne franchise, it just falls flat.
  4. Apr 5, 2016
    The Bourne Legacy is confirmed to be the weakest in the franchise. In reality, it is a 6, but comparing the positives and giving it a 6.1 makes it look like a 7 to the score system. Other than that, it just seems enjoyable for another round of the Bourne franchise.
  5. Mar 31, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, in my opinion, was fantastic!! The main character, played excellently by Jeremy Renner-- WOW.! I had read and heard more negative reviews than positive. When it was shown on TV, I was not expecting much. I do not understand all the negative stuff and the critics blah, blah, blah.! Rachel Weisz, great actress, is wonderful again. Ed Norton--he is fantastic. I bought this movie after viewing twice in a row. Yes, Matt Damon, is so fantastic in all the other "Bourne" movies--he is just an excellent actor. It is my belief that too many Matt Damon fans could not and/or would not like any other actor in this series. Reading the previous reviews sort of upset me, but I feel that people are allowed their own opinions. Yet, now that the new Matt Damon "Bourne" movie is due out soon, the ugly comments about the one "Bourne" movie not starring him are out a lot again----- I just had to put in my two cents worth ( even knowing that I may get a lot of flack about it). The main character (Renner) starts out strong in the beginning of the film and stays that way thru the end. Of course he is looking for the meds he needs to keep from reverting and worsening in his intelligence IQ. Remember that he started out at the way sub-par level. Think how you would feel knowing that your IQ would drop to idiot levels---SCARY!! Also,the female super scientist (Weisz) has dedicated her life and career to this project that will bring her not fame nor fortune. Now the powers that be (Norton), want her dead, dead, dead!! Geesh, people go with the intense flow here. The chase scene was a tad long but NOT boring. The end was cute--the two find a personnel connection--yehhhh. The first "Bourne" movie ended with the two main characters having a really nice togetherness too. Who knew if there would be another movie.? Yes, the second one was intense too but with his love dying like she did, well it was just sad and depressing. Kill her off, why not have her get seriously injured and forget her relationship with Jason??! Then he has to let her go to live a safer life. At least she would be alive. Far too many movies and TV shows have the love interest be killed off.?! Each of the "Bourne" movies need to be viewed oft times, then you can pick up more of the things you may have missed. Movie ticket sales help determine what movies may get a sequel. Yet the movie theaters have not figured out what may be contributing to the reduced sales. Most theaters that I have been to over the last decade or two, have the room temps at sub-zero, do not ask rude people to leave if they text or talk thru most of the viewing, allow parents with rude behaving kids to act up, do not try to be sure that people with disabilities are allowed to be seated first, the sound to be painfully loud for loud scenes and music and then drops to hard to hear for conversation, etc. In short, the "fun" and enjoyment of seeing a new movie "on-the-big-screen" is not all that great to go to anymore. Why state this here??? Here is hoping these troublesome issues are taken care of so more people will buy tickets to see movies like this and then the profits will be much better on more movies. Again, this movie is so much more enjoyable than many have led you to believe. I have watched this movie several times and always enjoy it. I hope that you will view it with an open mind, it may surprise you in a good way. Expand
  6. Jan 20, 2016
    Legacy intact! The Bourne Legacy ensures we've not seen the end of the franchise just yet.

Check out this movie here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-1c6ea1-The-Bourne-Legacy-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  7. Dec 19, 2014
    Best bourne movie yet. Not as much action in this one but the storyline was creative and renner's performance was much better than Matt Damon's in the first three.
  8. Jul 21, 2013
    It was good and had it`s moments, but nothing to make it stand out from other movies. I can also tell how great a movie from how much I have to talk about after, and I really didn`t have much to say. The ending felt incomplete.
  9. Jun 26, 2013
    Jeremy Renner plays the role really well but the movie does fall down without Jason Bourne who is referred to repeatedly and is just a more interesting character, but overall a great action movie with some impressive chase scenes.
  10. Mar 31, 2013
    Having never seen any of the previous "Bourne" films, I have a feeling there's a lot of background I'm missing out on here, especially in the first several minutes. However, on its own, it still stands as a very watchable action thriller. There are some true standout performances here, particularly from Rachel Weisz (damn, I need to check out more of her movies now), and I've become aHaving never seen any of the previous "Bourne" films, I have a feeling there's a lot of background I'm missing out on here, especially in the first several minutes. However, on its own, it still stands as a very watchable action thriller. There are some true standout performances here, particularly from Rachel Weisz (damn, I need to check out more of her movies now), and I've become a quick fan of Jeremy Renner. The first and third acts were definitely the stronger points the second felt like they dragged just a tad at moments, and as a rule I would have liked the action to be slightly less frenetic in its editing (though from what I understand, that's something of a Bourne staple). But I enjoyed it. Certainly not among the more impressive action flicks I've seen, but definitely not bad either. Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2013
    Here they try to flesh out the backstory of 'the program' and the agents a bit more, but it's all very thin and it doesn't matter much in a film which like most Bourne films is mostly action orientated. Where the previous Bourne films mimiced James Bond by being very international in their locations, this one plays out mostly in the US. It's not to say it's bad, the cast is A-level withHere they try to flesh out the backstory of 'the program' and the agents a bit more, but it's all very thin and it doesn't matter much in a film which like most Bourne films is mostly action orientated. Where the previous Bourne films mimiced James Bond by being very international in their locations, this one plays out mostly in the US. It's not to say it's bad, the cast is A-level with Renner, Norton and Weisz who make the film allot more enjoyable than B-actors would have made it, but it's certainly not the best in the Bourne series. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2012
    Though The Bourne Legacy doesn't quite live up to the original Bourne Trilogy it is still an outstanding movie in its own right. For one, Jeremy Renner does an absolutely phenomenal job. While I don't think the character development or acting is necessarily up to par with Matt Damon, I think he more than legitimizes the film. I also thought that Rachel Weisz did a solid job and EdwardThough The Bourne Legacy doesn't quite live up to the original Bourne Trilogy it is still an outstanding movie in its own right. For one, Jeremy Renner does an absolutely phenomenal job. While I don't think the character development or acting is necessarily up to par with Matt Damon, I think he more than legitimizes the film. I also thought that Rachel Weisz did a solid job and Edward Norton provided a decent villain for the movie. In addition to the acting and character development, the plot developed superbly. I thought making this film coincide with the Bourne trilogy was genius. Honestly, the only elements of the movie I didn't enjoy were the general lack of action and the outlandish aspects of some of the action sequences. These two poor aspects coupled together to really hurt the movie because it would start to drag but then when action would finally happen it would sometimes be silly. Still, this movie is definitely worth watching... just don't expect it to be as good as the first three. Expand
  13. Dec 7, 2012
    A surprisingly astute and enjoyable continuation of the Bourne series, which effectively leads away from the Matt Damon/Jason Bourne era into new waters.

I was sceptical when hearing about The Bourne Legacy, being an avid fan of the Robert Ludlum books and of the Bourne film trilogy (completely different stories but both enjoyable in their own rights). Being honest this film is just continuing on the band wagon of the success of the trilogy, which on one hand I detest, however, the story is written effectively enough that you never feel like they are trying to be Jason Bourne they are just taking the story off on another path.

Renner and Weise are extremely well cast and play their parts excellently and with an excellent supporting cast makes the film a credible watch. My only reservation in terms of the cast is x x who I do not favour as an actor and didn
  14. Nov 30, 2012
    While not as action-packed as the trilogy, The Bourne Legacy does not contain a single dull moment. The ending just happens, but hopefully there is a sequel to make up for that.
  15. Nov 9, 2012
    The fight scenes in this film are FANTASTICALLY choreographed - Renner turns killing into a dance. The ending leaves just enough open that we can realistically expect a sequel.
  16. Oct 4, 2012
    The reason nobody liked this film is because there was much less action and much more dialogue than the previous three. But what they don't realize is that this new twist on Bourne is just getting started, and if the entire film had been judo and shoot-outs, what could we expect from the sequels? Legacy sets the foundation for what looks to be like an excellent parallel on Jason Bourne's story.
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    Better than Supremacy by a hair. But couldn't keep pace with Identity or Ultimatum (of which both I would give a 10). Jeremy Renner does a nice job as the new anchor of the franchise. His character felt rooted in the real world with real training. Set in a story true to present day issues. For the most part the action and ingenuity of the lead didn't disappoint the first 90% of the film.Better than Supremacy by a hair. But couldn't keep pace with Identity or Ultimatum (of which both I would give a 10). Jeremy Renner does a nice job as the new anchor of the franchise. His character felt rooted in the real world with real training. Set in a story true to present day issues. For the most part the action and ingenuity of the lead didn't disappoint the first 90% of the film. But, overall the antagonist seems to growl more than bite. And I would love to know who's ending we got. The Studio's or the directors. The momentum seemed to sputter like a boat out of gas in view of the checkered flag. With the only real goal being the setup for a sequel. Expand
  18. Sep 24, 2012
    I was surprised at how this movie didn't ruin the entire series for me, and how great of a protagonist Jeremy Renner is. This movie wasn't a total fail, and I actually thought it kept fairly consistent with it's predecessors.
  19. Sep 17, 2012
    I don't mind give it high rating for this movie. I didn't watch the prequel before, for a stand alone movie, Bourne Legacy wins. Breathtaking and intense action, ambush and chase scene. And Tony Gilroy's script is gold.
  20. Sep 8, 2012
    More aptly named "The Bourne Without Bourne", it's quite surprisingly that Legacy manages to use the franchise's formula to good use. It does suffer slight reduction to the pace, which was initially blinding fast, into a more exposition-filled story. The writers keep the plot from derailing off the original three and using a parallel story of another burned agent in a grander schemeMore aptly named "The Bourne Without Bourne", it's quite surprisingly that Legacy manages to use the franchise's formula to good use. It does suffer slight reduction to the pace, which was initially blinding fast, into a more exposition-filled story. The writers keep the plot from derailing off the original three and using a parallel story of another burned agent in a grander scheme affected by the previous events. Acting by Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz are superb and action is definitely there to meet blockbuster demand, it only lacks the fast cut of its predecessor and the titular hero.

Jeremy Renner is a definite great choice for Aaron Cross, the new marked agent. He looks lively compared to the others rigid agents, it humanizes him and makes him more natural without compromising the resourcefulness of the character. The franchise always uses an agent in distress style and it stays true with Aaron's story, although he leans more on frantic attempt for self-preservation rather cold calculating and vengeful motive. Even though the story deems him a bit flawed, that actually makes him more sympathetic to the audience.

Rachel Weisz as Dr. Shering delivers a spledid performance. She is convincing on her struggle as if she's doing a ballet piece on the verge of mental breakdown. She appears as strong as an ordinary person would be, but in the same time frail in the face of trained killers. The story gives much time to her, understandably so. This might hampers the pace a bit, but considering her quality acting, it's a safe investment. Her role's attitude switches from methodically calculating for the sake of survival to slowly growing affectionate towards her savior.

Action is good, true to grimy Bourne stunt, it has plenty of chases and fights, mostly on densely populated area. I like the fact they use real stunt rather than CG, because it gives more organic motion and danger to it, especially the scenes in South East Asia. The editing is still lightning fast, but a bit slower and more concentrated this time around. The main concern is it has lesser content than the previous Bourne titles. With each of them packing a hefty amount of plot and action, Bourne Legacy feels only half of those. It doesn't give satisfying end, as I expect there might be more sequel(s) to it.

Regardless of not reaching the height of previous endeavors, which is ironic since the main allure somewhat lies in the title, Bourne Legacy is still an enjoyable espionage thriller.

Rate 7/10
  21. Sep 2, 2012
    It's a good movie, that's for sure, and frenetic enough for me not to have noticed how quickly it went by, I wish there was more of it. Jeremy Renner was definitely the right actor to play Aaron Cross, and the rest of the cast did a good job too (taking into account what they were given). The idea/concept behind the story was interesting. I'm looking forward to watching a the sequel whenIt's a good movie, that's for sure, and frenetic enough for me not to have noticed how quickly it went by, I wish there was more of it. Jeremy Renner was definitely the right actor to play Aaron Cross, and the rest of the cast did a good job too (taking into account what they were given). The idea/concept behind the story was interesting. I'm looking forward to watching a the sequel when it is done. The issues I have with it are: 1) There was not enough character development for Aaron to be a more likable lead character (the existing scenes weren't great and some felt even unnecessary) 2) Aaron did not seem to be fighting for anything other than survival, he didn't seem to have any objectives other than running 3) It seemed to take a bit too much for any real action to happen, and the action in Bourne Legacy is not as good in the other Bourne movies 4) CIA agents (including Edward Norton's character) were only there to fill in information on why Aaron was being pursued. They didn't do anything more than a wall of text on the screen would have done.5) The ending wasn't good. It was terrible, actually. I hope the sequel gets a much better conclusion. Expand
  22. Sep 1, 2012
    Im going to get this part of the review out of the way... Its just isn't the same with out Matt Damon. Ok now, after Ultimatum, I was skeptical when i heard there was yet another movie. The plot was a little thin at times, but there were parts that connected to the trilogy, which shed some light on on some of the events that may not have been clarified previously. Now, the only reason whyIm going to get this part of the review out of the way... Its just isn't the same with out Matt Damon. Ok now, after Ultimatum, I was skeptical when i heard there was yet another movie. The plot was a little thin at times, but there were parts that connected to the trilogy, which shed some light on on some of the events that may not have been clarified previously. Now, the only reason why I'm giving this review a higher score was because of Jeremy Renner. I like this guy in all of his roles, and this one I found to be more enjoyable than the others. Jeremy really delivers in the action sequences and believing he's a badass is really easy since he is pretty badass. Overall, it was a good movie. Not like the trilogy but a nice edition to the series. Expand
  23. Aug 29, 2012
    This was a really good movie. It hit all the right notes with a good spy story, believable characters, and awesome action. Aaron Cross is definitely not as unstoppable as Jason Bourne, which in my opinion made him seem really weak. Two things I wasn't too fond of: 1. I felt part of the plot with the virus and chromosome was difficult to follow at times. 2. The movie ended pretty abruptlyThis was a really good movie. It hit all the right notes with a good spy story, believable characters, and awesome action. Aaron Cross is definitely not as unstoppable as Jason Bourne, which in my opinion made him seem really weak. Two things I wasn't too fond of: 1. I felt part of the plot with the virus and chromosome was difficult to follow at times. 2. The movie ended pretty abruptly and was very anti-climatic. HOWEVER despite the couple negatives the movie was a fantastic ride that kept me very engaged. Highly recommend. Expand
  24. Aug 27, 2012
    Smarter than the previous installments but a bit of a stretch to fit it into he scheme and story line which made it tough to follow at points. I'd have preferred a bow tied around the ending but it's clear they plan to continue to milk the franchise. The "superhuman" action sequences were believable enough to keep me from being distracted by them. The " ...science... " (loosely in quotes)Smarter than the previous installments but a bit of a stretch to fit it into he scheme and story line which made it tough to follow at points. I'd have preferred a bow tied around the ending but it's clear they plan to continue to milk the franchise. The "superhuman" action sequences were believable enough to keep me from being distracted by them. The " ...science... " (loosely in quotes) was weak at best. Overall my score of 8 reflects my general good time had. Expand
  25. Aug 20, 2012
    This was a great film. Was it perfect? No of course not, its extremely rare to find a perfect film. The Bourne Legacy is a fast paced and intelligent film. It does have its flaws with some wooden moments from Rachel Weiz and the upsetting fact that Edward Norton really doesn't do anything besides word off some facts about the field agents and whats going on. It was a bit overly lond asThis was a great film. Was it perfect? No of course not, its extremely rare to find a perfect film. The Bourne Legacy is a fast paced and intelligent film. It does have its flaws with some wooden moments from Rachel Weiz and the upsetting fact that Edward Norton really doesn't do anything besides word off some facts about the field agents and whats going on. It was a bit overly lond as well. 145 minute running time is pretty steep for this type of movie. Jeremy Renner of course didn't disappoint as he never does. It didn't seem like their were very many action scenes but now that i look back at it, i think theres a good healthy amount, and in everyone Renner is just awesome. He's a great action star and a great actor period. The story was well written but it wasn't executed to the best it could've been i believe, but overall it was a great and entertaining film. As good as the original trilogy? No, its a tad bit off from the original Matt Damon featured trilogy but it was still a damn good film and its definitely worth the admission price. I'd go see it again and i will most certainly purchase the blu-ray in the future. 8/10 Expand
  26. Aug 19, 2012
    'Legacy' is more of an action thriller than 'Identity' or 'Supremacy', but only because Bourne has already done most of the footwork for us. Less thought, more action this time around, but also more talking.

Enter Rachel Weisz and Jeremy Renner, who are both very good at talking, and look good doing it. On screen, their characters describe perfectly the world they are in, even though it seems they don't know who or where they are, or even what they are doing. Typical Bourne... it's entertaining to see characters discover themselves on screen. But, with two characters, the dynamics are less internal and more about dialog. Lots of dialog.

Eventually, they ask each other the right questions, and find that they each hold the key to the other's survival. They form an inseparable, if imperfect, team, so near to total disaster and death, that any mistake would normally prove fatal, but thank God for fiction, right? Many bullets are dodged but every bullet the hero fires hits. Disasters are averted by causing preemptive disasters. Continuing the Bourne themes of running, shooting, and asking too many questions, this film follows in the tradition of its predecessors.

The shortcut of using pre-existing sequences and characters is both a boon and a bane; time is saved and newcomers are put on the fast track to understanding the plot, but previous viewers and fans will recognize sequences they've already seen and wonder why there isn't a better way. Sure, the stories happen simultaneously, and the flashbacks help show that the new film's time line coincides with past films', but it feels like someone was cheating when they did this. Shouldn't there be new material, artfully blended into the background to give the desired impression (the carved name was perfect), instead of stock footage? Shouldn't Bourne be hinted at, instead of flashed on screen? Honestly, 100% of the re-used footage needed to be left out. And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, this film is not getting top reviews.
  27. Aug 19, 2012
    The ending is trash, the rest is badass. The change of lead actors from Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner is surprising but you will definitely enjoy this movie, especially if you're a fan of the franchise. Aaron Cross is a solidly-built character and Renner's portrayal gives enough rope to hang either the doubters or himself. Brace yourself for a summer action flick that will keep theThe ending is trash, the rest is badass. The change of lead actors from Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner is surprising but you will definitely enjoy this movie, especially if you're a fan of the franchise. Aaron Cross is a solidly-built character and Renner's portrayal gives enough rope to hang either the doubters or himself. Brace yourself for a summer action flick that will keep the adrenalines pumping. Expand
  28. Aug 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Bourne Legacy. There have been many questions surrounding the Bourne Legacy. One is, how will Jeremy Renner fill Matt Damon's shoes? And another one is, how will this follow on from the Bourne Trilogy. Personally, I believe that Jeremy Renner has done the fans justice, it was however the poor script letting him down. Aaron Cross, who is played by Jeremy Renner is hardly like Jason Bourne. He knows who he is, but never really questions why the 'CIA' are after him. That is clearly not Renner's fault. The script doesn't really make sense, as it feels as if the writers are trying to milk another film out of the famous trilogy. The beginning kicks straight into the action, as Renner's seen on the mountain tops, but the story doesn't really get any more interesting than that, apart from the Car chase (I'll get onto that later). The story line introduces a new twist, which we didn't know about before, which is the 'blue and greens'. I think this is quite a good addition, as many people felt like they didn't know why Treadstone or Blackbriar made these assassins think and act like this. Awesomness is on another level when Rachel Weisz is added to the story. I think her character is thought of really well, and is like Marie in the Trilogy but better. She gets involved with Cross more than Marie did with Bourne, which in a way is a brilliant thing. Her character, as a scientist, is intriguing as she makes the assassins who they are through gene changing. The car chase. Wow. Unlike the chases in the Bourne Trilogy, the chase is faster, and more nerve racking as they are more naive with how they deal with it. However, I feel like the assassin who was sent after Cross wasn't as compelling as the other assassins. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I hope in the future we could see a Damon/Renner team up, which would be utterly amazing. I gave this film an 8 as I thought some improvements could be made with the script and the story line, but I would really recommend going to see it! Expand
  29. Aug 16, 2012
    I've heard a lot of negative criticism surrounding this film, and quite frankly I can't really understand why. From start to finish this visceral narrative skips and hops around absolutely stunning locations that are an adventure in their own rights. There is a solid mix of both lush visuals and grounded prose that gives clear insight to the story behind the elusive pills and the wholeI've heard a lot of negative criticism surrounding this film, and quite frankly I can't really understand why. From start to finish this visceral narrative skips and hops around absolutely stunning locations that are an adventure in their own rights. There is a solid mix of both lush visuals and grounded prose that gives clear insight to the story behind the elusive pills and the whole story slowly weaves itself into an excellent film. I won't give too much away, but if you decide to watch the film you're in for one hell of a ride, with a hopeful ending and possible hint to a sequel! Expand
  30. Aug 15, 2012
    Overall a decent action movie with a good cast. However it's that's really only where it excels, it's action. The story is interesting enough to keep you watching but with a pretty lacklustre ending, you won't be discussing this film for the story. You'll be talking about all the really well put together action scenes. Worth watching.
  31. Aug 14, 2012
    I can say that as a fan of the original trilogy I both liked it and had issues. It has the same time line and lots of the same characters and the same style, which is all good. The main problem is that while Jeremy Renner is good he is just never going to be Matt Damon. Also he has no memory loss, which was what gave Jason Bourne and the original trilogy an emotional hook. You have to waitI can say that as a fan of the original trilogy I both liked it and had issues. It has the same time line and lots of the same characters and the same style, which is all good. The main problem is that while Jeremy Renner is good he is just never going to be Matt Damon. Also he has no memory loss, which was what gave Jason Bourne and the original trilogy an emotional hook. You have to wait but there is a great chase/bike scene. For fans only I'd say. Collapse
  32. Aug 14, 2012
    The directing, acting, and intrigue are great. The problem is there is no climax, it feels more like a first act to a trilogy coming. In the other Bournes, Jason Bourne always took down the person that set the story in action at the end, here Edward Norton and Renner never meet. We may look back after the next two Bournes with Renner and appreciate it, but now it does feel veryThe directing, acting, and intrigue are great. The problem is there is no climax, it feels more like a first act to a trilogy coming. In the other Bournes, Jason Bourne always took down the person that set the story in action at the end, here Edward Norton and Renner never meet. We may look back after the next two Bournes with Renner and appreciate it, but now it does feel very anti-climactic... but still better than any superhero movie. Expand
  33. Aug 14, 2012
    After a five-year stint, BOURNE redux (the fourth chapter) has returned with a pristine cast starring a red-hot Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross, another secret agent going rogue (not Matt Damon
  34. Aug 13, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie, although I wish it had something new to offer. It was very similar to the first movie, Bourne Identity, in several ways, almost as if they took that script, changed just a few things, and recast it. Ok, it's definitely not exactly the same, but it was very reminiscent. Also, as a huge fan of Matt Damon, it was sad to watch it with them referring to Jason Bourne aI enjoyed this movie, although I wish it had something new to offer. It was very similar to the first movie, Bourne Identity, in several ways, almost as if they took that script, changed just a few things, and recast it. Ok, it's definitely not exactly the same, but it was very reminiscent. Also, as a huge fan of Matt Damon, it was sad to watch it with them referring to Jason Bourne a million times, and the character not actually being there. That being said, I found it enjoyable (cameras every so slightly less shaky than previous movies...I know that has bothered a lot of people), and I'd say it's worth seeing in the theatre. Also, I've always loved Rachel Weisz, so she added a lot to the movie in my books. Expand
  35. Aug 13, 2012
    Excitement starts at the last half hour, before that you might as well munch on your popcorn, text someone or do whatever. Stunts are exhausting yet surreal, Bourne without an excellent car chase is next to impossible. And don't be surprised when you see the credits rolling so suddenly.
  36. Aug 12, 2012
    Jeremy Renner takes the place of Matt Damon as a CIA superagent , who's life is threatened by his own boss. The plot unravels slowly and is confusing for a while. However, multiple unexplained events and sharp filmmaking maintain interest. Other than some quick fights, almost all of the action takes place in one final burst. Following the style of the previous Bourne's, there's flashyJeremy Renner takes the place of Matt Damon as a CIA superagent , who's life is threatened by his own boss. The plot unravels slowly and is confusing for a while. However, multiple unexplained events and sharp filmmaking maintain interest. Other than some quick fights, almost all of the action takes place in one final burst. Following the style of the previous Bourne's, there's flashy editing and blurry camerawork, which makes it hard to tell what's happening Expand
  37. Aug 11, 2012
    A worthy addition to the Bourne franchise. The action is non-stop and frequently breath taking. Great script. Great acting. Great editing. Great movie. My only problem was all the references to Damon. He isn't in the movie so why all the talk about his character.
  38. Aug 11, 2012
    Here we see a real lack in the...well, all I can say is intelligence ...of many film critics. If you see the term confusing in a review...that is a red flag the critic was not paying attention, has poor listening or analytical skills or is just not too smart.

The movie on the other hand is very smart, really fast, exciting and well done. Everything, every line and action makes sense within the integrated whole of the movie.

If you like your movies intelligent, exciting fast we complex and sophicticated characters and writing see this move. Highly recommended.
  39. Aug 10, 2012
    The Bourne Legacy, the new movie of the Bourne saga. Ok, what happen? We know the story about this movie, and after some producers decide do a remake, but this movie is really amazing.
  40. Aug 10, 2012
    Its Bourne without Bourne, but still a decent movie. And I'm very interested to see the next part when "hopefully" we will have Jason Bourne and this new character meeting, etc... Its a good solid flick that is slow to start, but all of them for the most part was like this.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    Aug 12, 2012
    As earnestly as they have tried to continue the formerly excellent spy series, everything Gilroy and crew concoct only serves to mock the excellence and passion with which Greengrass delivered his films.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Aug 12, 2012
    The globetrotting is reined in, the mayhem at each stop just as exciting. Renner is a sturdy action hero, with an interesting face that unlike Damon's appears to have taken a punch or two.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Aug 12, 2012
    Good at scenes of high-level nastiness, but there's too much confusing exposition in this "Legacy" and the action scenes, some of them good, are too little and too late.