7.6

1. Jul 28, 2012
    The Bourne Supremacy is a rip-roaring juggernaut of a movie. It totally outclasses it's predecessor in every conceivable way, ratcheting up both the action sequences and the film's emotional core to thrilling levels. With superb acting, an excellent script and thunderous set-pieces, The Bourne Supremacy should be held as a textbook example of how to do a sequel right.
  2. Sep 25, 2011
    Man, the movie's still has the same intensity, same action sequences, same stupidity, and the same plot. I wonder if the movie might become something like the James Bond Franchise...
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    A rare sequel that actually improves upon the original. The Bourne Supremacy duplicates everything that was right about The Bourne Identity, and improves upon it by making the story easier to follow.
  4. Aug 6, 2012
    This is the most boring movie of the three where I could have expected something more than that. The action thrill scenes are lesser than the last movie.
  5. Sep 24, 2010
    Bourne & girlfriend now living in India, assassin comes after him, tragedy, goes after the CIA to find out what's going on.
    Not as good sequel to the excellent Bourne Identity which does have it's moments but seems to lack something that the first one had.
    Decent cast once again adding Joan Allen & Karl Urban to its roster & Brian Cox is the stand-out this time appearing a lot more.

Thought it got a bit stupid towards the end too with the silly car chase.
  6. CRL
    Sep 3, 2011
    Altogether more suspenseful, more concise, more intriguing, and more emotional than its predecessor, Bourne Supremacy is a step up from the usual generic thriller and benefits from a stellar performance by Matt Damon.
  7. Sep 7, 2011
    Not quite as intriguing as its predecessor or it's sequel, but still amazing. It does feel a bit more drawn out. Overall, however, it's well worth watching over and over.
  8. Aug 27, 2012
    Not as good as Identity, but still thrilling and a worthy follow on. I was hoping for more action, given that it's shorter, but the plot is good enough to keep it interesting.
  9. Jan 17, 2012
    Parts of the film are good but it never really draws you in the way the first film did. More running and chasing in this film and a lot less hand to hand combat (which made the first film so good imo) in the action sequences. The plot is ok but it doesnt explain much, if anything really. Overall it was an ok film that never reachs the next level that its so close to reaching.
  10. Apr 19, 2012
    There is one thing I appreciate about The Bourne movies more then anything else about them. And that is that they exist not only to make money, but to be a good movie. There are a lot of action franchises, such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Sherlock Holmes, that only exist to make money. They can be entertaining, but there's not a lot of thought put into them. The Bourne series tries to be a good movie, and they, for the most part, succeed. Of course, the two films I've seen thus far in the trilogy have not been without flaws. Far from it really. But they are entertaining, at the bare minimum, they have a plot, and well-defined characters. The Bourne Supermacy, like it's predecessor is not perfect, but it's trying. The Bourne Supremacy still contains the key plot elements from the first film: Jason Bourne is trying to learn more about his past, there's a plot to find and kill him, and utter confusion for both parties. The twist is that Bourne is being assumed for a crime he didn't commit (the murder of two agents). Once again, the similarities to the 90's The Fugitive are present, but I've delved into that in my previous review of the first film. In short, The Fugitive does a much better job. The Bourne Supremacy sports believable acting, much like the first. Action movies are famous for laughable dialogue and stiff acting, but The Bourne Supermacy has neither. Matt Damon performs very well for this episode in the Bourne trilogy. The rest of the actors also perform well, but it's pointless to compliment each actor individually. The action is considerably better in this sequel than in the original. Also, there are some very good chase scenes (there were chase scenes in the first, but they were quite dull to be honest), even though some of the automobiles seem a little too indestructible. There's even some well-needed emotion that wasn't present the last time around. The score, however, is less than satisfactory. The percussion is much too loud and overpowering, often annoying. Some of the instrument choices are questionable (including one instrument that we hear twice that resembles the belch of an obese couch potato), and many of the themes feel a little lost. Also, there are some jarring similarities to the superior Pirates of the Caribbean score. Also, the girl we see sleeping with Bourne at the beginning of the film is Marie from the first film. I tell you this, because I would not have recognized her if my companion had not told me so. Her hair is blonde, she looks different (she's wearing more makeup) and she even SOUNDS different. It doesn't make too much of a difference, though, because she dies within twenty minutes of the film's opening. And this brings up a major flaw of this movie: Bourne doesn't have a partner. In one respect, this works better because now Bourne is free to move at his own pace. However, this gives Bourne a little less personality, and it makes certain parts of the film feel a little empty. One scene at the beginning is near a stand with tons and tons of Lays brand potato chips, all the labels facing the screen. It would be hard to believe that there wasn't some sort of pay-off here. Also, there's a completely unnecessary scene that occurs in a club. There are some skimpily dressed women and it just feels so thrown in. This scene was literally added just for male appeal, and it disgusts me that this was thrown in just because guys like to see half-naked women. Really? It's unnecessary and tasteless. I digress. Lastly, The Bourne Supremacy doesn't feel completely connected to the first film. That's not to say it contradicts the first, but I feel confident that someone could watch The Bourne Supermacy with no knowledge of the first film and completely understand what was going on. The Bourne Supremacy is just as good as the original, and maybe just a bit better. There's problems to be sure; irritating score, unnecessary club scene, and the fact that the seeing the first film isn't even necessary for viewing this sequel. But the fantastic cast, great action and chase scenes, and some actual emotion more than make up for it's shortcomings. Expand
  11. Jun 9, 2012
    Supremacy is a well-made follow up to Identity in terms of action and suspense; however, its plot lacks in development, and, similar to most sequels, does not fully meet the standards the first film created.
  12. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 9.25 out of 10. Action sequence are even better. It's just awesome. Acting is good. Damon delivers again. Story continues, and it's still good. Score is still good. Overall, this is great sequel following the first one that's better in every way.
  13. Aug 5, 2012
    Jason Bourne is a great character and it's great to see him develop over the two movies. As for the action, the shaky-cam many complain about really is as distracting as they say. Overall a very good sequel though.
  14. Aug 7, 2012
    The movie had an average plot to it, OK twist, nothing mind-blowing, and acting was OK as well. The problem I have with this movie is the camera. The camera angles changes almost every 3 or less seconds, and the action scenes I just had to look away from, they didn't have any steady shots, and a major problem with holding the camera still. To be honest i almost made me sick of watching.
  15. Aug 12, 2012
    [2/4 The Bourne Legacy Marathon]

The Bourne Supremacy [2004]

They're not subtle with the shaky cams here. Scene with Bourne targetting Joan Allen with a sniper on the building was a highlight. I have to confess though, these films are well-made, but the Bourne films are just not working for me. It dosen't engage me, despite the quality of it.
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    In 2004 film "The Bourne Supremacy" is the Paul Greengrass-directed sequel to the acclaimed Doug Liman film "The Bourne Identity". The story follows the amnesiac titular character (Damon) as he attempts to find out more about his past as a black ops agent for the CIA. One of the things I noticed first about this film was the film's shift in aesthetics. Though Director Paul Greengrass' use of hand-held cameras has often come under considerable disagreement from some critics and fans, I feel that this aspect of the film really sort of adds to the intensity of a lot of the action and dialogue sequences. While the camerawork may have changed, there are certain things about the film that stayed close to what made the first movie so successful. For one, Matt Damon's performance is once again terrific, and with his portrayal, the audience really gets to see some sides of Jason Bourne that they might not gotten to see in "Identity". John Powell's score is really well done, as it uses all of the themes from "Identity", but develops upon those themes so that we feel as though we are watching a different chapter in Bourne's life. Tony Gilroy's screenplay contains really compelling and entertaining dialogue and a very interesting adaption of Robert Ludlum's story. The action sequences are spectacular as well, for they once again showcase Jason Bourne's incredible ability to overcome immense odds with the skills he learned in the CIA. All in all, I felt that "The Bourne Supremacy" was a worthy installment in the "Bourne" franchise that upped the emotion and action to an impressive degree. Expand
  17. Jun 8, 2013
    Certainly not as good as the other two in the trilogy, but this is still a really good action thriller in its own right. Great locations and awesome action sequences.
  18. Aug 20, 2013
    Supremacy was much better than Identity on many levels. First of all, the plot was significantly deeper, secondly, the characters also had more depth than the first. There was much more emotion shown in Supremacy's characters and were well acted. The movie ended with all questions answered, which was appreciated, not saying the first one did.
  19. Sep 19, 2013
    The second of a great trilogy, Supremacy is just as thrilling and fresh as the first movie and revisits the same kind of storyline, now in different countries.
  20. Oct 12, 2013
    Not quite as fresh and intriguing as its predecessor or its sequel, but still a brilliant film which you can watch over and over without getting bored.
  21. Nov 12, 2013
    The Bourne Supremacy reigns supreme.
    With the sequel to the amazing spy thriller, The Bourne Supremacy just doesn't quite match the original. An equally great plot with equally great action, but doesn't quite reach the standards of suspense; although still very successful.
  22. Dec 14, 2013
    The Bourne Supremacy improves upon its original with great acting, and a good plot. It also follows Paul Greengrass' typical directing style; action, tension and unfortunately, too much shaky cam.
  23. Mar 30, 2014
    I liked it better than the first one. Since the beginning it develops an adrenaline line of action. Non expected at the beginning, but it only gives it more energy for what´s coming.
  24. Jul 1, 2014
    Bourne Supremacy is the best one in the series. The movie begins with Jason and Marie in India. He's off the grid regarding treadstone and they're living a peaceful life. Danger intervenes again and Jason is on the run. He is framed for two murders in Berlin by someone covering their tracks. They set Jason up to divert the attention from them. Jason is confused as to why they're after him and then he uncovers why. Jason finds out about the people who are tracking him and he tries to clear his name. Meanwhile the assassin from the start of the movie is sent after him to finish the job. Jason eludes all police looking for him while figuring out a piece of his past. The movie is intense and it has what the first lacked, a clever plot with improved action sequences. Expand

1. Like its various post-Cold War European locations, the film remains chilly and distant. Every time you feel like you're finally grabbing hold of something involving, the picture once again spins frustratingly out of reach.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The action is confusing at first and the hyperventilated editing style at times goes beyond the pale, so pic ultimately emerges as an erratic but not unworthy sequel to its gritty, genre-invigorating predecessor.
  3. The loss of the first film's hurtling who-am-I? story engine is keenly felt, and too much time is spent observing the characters get on and off planes, trains, and automobiles.