The Bourne Supremacy

8.7

1. Sep 25, 2011
    Man, the movie's still has the same intensity, same action sequences, same stupidity, and the same plot. I wonder if the movie might become something like the James Bond Franchise...
  2. KenttheIceMan
    Jul 25, 2004
    Definitely NOT as good as the first one. My only real complaint is the camerawork. What on earth were they thinking ?!! It is SO shaky and bumpy that it is hard to follow and in some cases I had to look away from the screen just to stop my head from spinning. Idiots !
  3. jacks.
    Sep 30, 2007
    I wouldn't take any extremist sides, but overall the story was fairly straightforward (which is a blessing for this kind of genre), and yes, while the camera could indeed induce nausea, it was a very obvious character of the film itself. Natural/ambient light should be the prerequisite for every film made. Unrealistic car chases coupled with insane walk-aways are unforgivable, but I wouldn't take any extremist sides, but overall the story was fairly straightforward (which is a blessing for this kind of genre), and yes, while the camera could indeed induce nausea, it was a very obvious character of the film itself. Natural/ambient light should be the prerequisite for every film made. Unrealistic car chases coupled with insane walk-aways are unforgivable, but tight, choreographed fisticuffs were passable as the real deal. A bit of a quick-ending wrap up made it somewhat hurried, but characters remained true, and almost a bit stereotyped (unbeatable Bourne, bumbling crony, maiden-in-distress, et al.). A solid mediocre rating. Expand
  4. PaulD.
    Oct 4, 2004
    Some good action sequences, but somwhat repetitious, and pretty unbelievable. Bourne Identity was definitely superior.
  5. StevieG
    Sep 12, 2004
    To all those who "love" this movie: are you on crack? Not that this is a terrible movie, it is not. But it is by no means "great." The editing is hyper-kinetic, like a methed-out music video. There is no character development at all. You must have seen and liked the first movie (which I did) to even get this one. The level of unreal heroics in this film trumps the first easily. And there To all those who "love" this movie: are you on crack? Not that this is a terrible movie, it is not. But it is by no means "great." The editing is hyper-kinetic, like a methed-out music video. There is no character development at all. You must have seen and liked the first movie (which I did) to even get this one. The level of unreal heroics in this film trumps the first easily. And there is a taxi in Russia which everyone in the world should own, as it seems to be able to absorb near nuclear attacks, yet keeps on ticking. Are we this starved for decent action movies that this is a blockbuster? This is a truly sad state of affairs. peace. Collapse
  6. MarcK.
    Sep 16, 2004
    Very disappointing, as I thought the first one was so good. The car chase scenes in Moscow were absurd. And as someone below noted, wasn't that taxi EVER going to get totaled?
  7. ArmandoS.
    Jan 22, 2005
    Boy, the director loves his handheld camera! Lots of action, but the plot was a little too unbelievable-spy films in general do not hold my interest-Matt Damon was mostly just grim throughout the movie-looks like the ending left open the possibillity of a sequel.
  8. AndrewR.
    Feb 5, 2005
    Great at maintaining tension, although a bit hard to follow, even having seen Bourne Identity. Interesting and enjoyable, but, in the end, pretty forgettable.
  9. JeremyM.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Not as riviting as the first one. Still an interesting plot, but every action scene was head spinning. The camera was never still and it was confusing at times to make out what was going on. Damon was good again but the whole movie lacked depth.
  10. KerryR.
    Aug 15, 2004
    This could have been a great film, but the camera work was dire. The whole film shaked about so much i came away with motion sickness. I hope directors log into this website and learn that the viewing audience want to be able to focus their eyes during the movie.
  11. ChadS.
    Aug 17, 2004
    Duck, Lola, Duck!!!
  12. HunterP
    Aug 17, 2004
    Doesn't live up to the first movie.
  13. atomzer0
    Aug 13, 2007
    Camera action made me sick. It was like the cameraman was trying to rollerblade on gravel and kept falling and turning and jerking. I understand why they did it that way, but it didn't work for me. I'd give it a 9 if not for the "creative" camera motion.
  14. JasonH
    Aug 31, 2007
    This movie probably could have been much, much better. The camera simply sucked, saying that it made the experience more "real" and that it's "creative" is a load of crock. All that it does is give me a headache, a stomache ache, and no idea what the hell is going on. Another poor feature of the movie was it's lack of humor. Identity had a perfect balance of humor and action, This movie probably could have been much, much better. The camera simply sucked, saying that it made the experience more "real" and that it's "creative" is a load of crock. All that it does is give me a headache, a stomache ache, and no idea what the hell is going on. Another poor feature of the movie was it's lack of humor. Identity had a perfect balance of humor and action, which fit well with a character slowly uncovering his past and incredible abilities. In this movie, suddenly bourne is a master at what he does. He no longer discovers himself, he no longer makes jokes. He's become a flat character by comparison. Expand
  15. Aug 6, 2012
    This is the most boring movie of the three where I could have expected something more than that. The action thrill scenes are lesser than the last movie.
  16. Aug 12, 2012
    [2/4 The Bourne Legacy Marathon]

The Bourne Supremacy [2004]

They're not subtle with the shaky cams here. Scene with Bourne targetting Joan Allen with a sniper on the building was a highlight. I have to confess though, these films are well-made, but the Bourne films are just not working for me. It dosen't engage me, despite the quality of it.

1. Like its various post-Cold War European locations, the film remains chilly and distant. Every time you feel like you're finally grabbing hold of something involving, the picture once again spins frustratingly out of reach.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The action is confusing at first and the hyperventilated editing style at times goes beyond the pale, so pic ultimately emerges as an erratic but not unworthy sequel to its gritty, genre-invigorating predecessor.
  3. The loss of the first film's hurtling who-am-I? story engine is keenly felt, and too much time is spent observing the characters get on and off planes, trains, and automobiles.