7.9

1. Jul 28, 2012
    The Bourne Supremacy is a rip-roaring juggernaut of a movie. It totally outclasses it's predecessor in every conceivable way, ratcheting up both the action sequences and the film's emotional core to thrilling levels. With superb acting, an excellent script and thunderous set-pieces, The Bourne Supremacy should be held as a textbook example of how to do a sequel right.
  2. Dec 14, 2013
    The Bourne Supremacy improves upon its original with great acting, and a good plot. It also follows Paul Greengrass' typical directing style; action, tension and unfortunately, too much shaky cam.
  3. Mar 30, 2014
    I liked it better than the first one. Since the beginning it develops an adrenaline line of action. Non expected at the beginning, but it only gives it more energy for what´s coming.
  4. RemyB.
    Aug 6, 2010
    An excellent movie.
  5. MasaS.
    Jul 25, 2004
    Incredibly entertaining and thrilling action flick with involving, intelligent characters and a great overall sense of urgency. The shaky cam is overkill but doesn't deter an otherwise excellent film.
  6. SterlingC.
    Mar 10, 2006
    This movie is the perfect sequel to The Bourne Identity and is mandatory for fast-action fans.
  7. IlzeS
    Dec 1, 2004
    A really good movie. One of the best thrillers this year. I didn?t saw part one, but this one I liked very much, because it?s dynamic and a new director Paul Greengrass made it very good and thrilling. Yes, really good!
  8. Fantasy
    Jul 24, 2004
    Forget the professional critics as they did not do this justice. It is superb piece of cinematography. It is a fast paced suspense thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat. As the movie continues it reveals only bits and pieces of Jason Bourne's past identity. It is a guarantee that this will be a huge hit with the audience. Hopefully, we can look forward to a Bourne III. Forget the professional critics as they did not do this justice. It is superb piece of cinematography. It is a fast paced suspense thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat. As the movie continues it reveals only bits and pieces of Jason Bourne's past identity. It is a guarantee that this will be a huge hit with the audience. Hopefully, we can look forward to a Bourne III. In a way, we have a spartan twenty-first century James Bond series developing without the predictable glamour and glitz. Don't miss it. Expand
  9. LarryG.
    Jul 30, 2004
    Fantastic movie... Just as good as the first. Spectacular character that makes this series exciting!
  10. RickG.
    Jul 30, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] Another fun two hours spent with everybody's favorite forgetful assassin. The film's best scene is near the end where Bourne makes rhetorical amends for his one of his crimes. This is not the greatest effort at screen play writing. The point of this film is to take its viewers into an imaginary world and it does that quite well. I mean I can't get enough of[***SPOILERS***] Another fun two hours spent with everybody's favorite forgetful assassin. The film's best scene is near the end where Bourne makes rhetorical amends for his one of his crimes. This is not the greatest effort at screen play writing. The point of this film is to take its viewers into an imaginary world and it does that quite well. I mean I can't get enough of Bourne and his enemies speeding their way in automobiles through crowded urban areas, and never killing anybody along the way and causing very few accidents. Of course, Bourne is always able to get through it alive and walk away. It's a formula but it's working for now. And Karl Urban made a great assassin himself. I'm knocking a point off of this one because the writers decided to off Franka's character so early in the film. I didn't want her killed off at at all, as Franka was my number one reason for wanting to see this film, but the least they could done was given her some more screen time. No more Marie just when she was looking her sexiest with her new hair style and tattoo. Damn it. Expand
  11. GavinD.
    Aug 26, 2004
    I have not seen a thriller that left so deep an impression on me as this in a long time. A classic genre (complete with retro touches) refreshed.
  12. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    Very good movie. The only thing I didn't like was the beginning when Marie .... But Matt Damon was great. This is a great movie.
  13. EdieP.
    Apr 10, 2005
    Anybody that doesn't like this movie doesn't like anything. I loved the 1st one and own both and I can't wait until 2007 when Matt Damon makes the Bourne Ultimatum and I'm a 72 year old woman!!
  14. ElaineJ.
    Oct 27, 2004
    I loved this one more than the first one, I will buy when it comes out on video.
  15. Alexmich
    Jul 23, 2004
    Never has a thriller been so exiting.
  16. BitBurn
    Jul 24, 2004
    Action packed, good balance between dialog & actions scenes, clever surprises, strong script. What more do you want? Go see it!!
  17. TimD.
    Jul 25, 2004
    Completely amoral. Thoroughly entertaining. It is unbelievable that the film has us, the audience, rooting for a cold-blooded, non-stop killer. This has to be a credit to a well-made film that makes us willingly suspend our disbelief and moral system. The Bourne Supremacy is a real fun summer treat.
  18. Ab76
    Jul 26, 2004
    Philistines! The "shaky" camerawork reflects the favored handheld style of the director. It is an artistic choice that provides perspective, a first-person immediacy, to all the action. The quick cuts and editing creates the right unsettling feeling for the viewer that matches what Bourne experiences. That's the way a fight looks for someone in it. Anyway, yes, the film is not the Philistines! The "shaky" camerawork reflects the favored handheld style of the director. It is an artistic choice that provides perspective, a first-person immediacy, to all the action. The quick cuts and editing creates the right unsettling feeling for the viewer that matches what Bourne experiences. That's the way a fight looks for someone in it. Anyway, yes, the film is not the original so it's missing...originality in its plot. Fine. Also Bourne's character doesn't really evolve in this one and Landy doesn't have much arc either. However, the editing choice, the acting, the fantastic action sequences, the actual intrigue (are you listening Barbara Broccoli?), the locations and the unbelievable car chase are enough to merit a 9 out of 10. This movie rocks and I for one was never bored or irritated by its choices. Expand
  19. FlipA.
    Jul 26, 2004
    Four words: best car chase ever. BOURNE SUPREMACY is the perfect counterpoint to the Bond films: where high-tech implausible gadgets abound Bond, the brain compels Bourne to do what must be done, even if that means facing the consequences of his own disturbing acts. A truly wonderful action/adventure.
  20. BertB
    Jan 15, 2005
    Excellent, non stop action. At least as good as the first.
  21. ashrafn.
    Feb 19, 2005
    How can anyone slate this movie? its miles better than your average james bond film and is certainly more engaging, more engrossing and makes people feel as if they are part of the film.
  22. BobE.
    Feb 26, 2005
    Great!
  23. craiga.
    Aug 23, 2005
    Not as good as Identity, but still pummels Bond into a puddle.
  24. marshallm
    Jan 11, 2006
    Pretty darn great! action-packed, good cast, interesting story line, all-around great action film. :-) grade: 9.3
  25. CameronS.
    Jul 23, 2004
    GREAT SPY MOVIE! The acting and pacing were AWESOME. The only complaint I have is some of the jerky camerawork. It kinda made me dizzy but it is forgiveable. GREAT MOVIE!
  26. BillC.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Far surpasses the first film, best popcorn movie in years.
  27. RemyB.
    An excellent movie.
  28. MikaelP.
    Jul 29, 2004
    Wow. Here is a case of unexpected enthrallment. At the time that I saw the first film, I found it to be good and well made, yet forgettable among other spy/action films. Perhaps with my newly heightened sense of film nuances, I could go back and find more to it than I had before. I think this because if the first movie was close to as good as its sequel, I would not call it forgettable. Wow. Here is a case of unexpected enthrallment. At the time that I saw the first film, I found it to be good and well made, yet forgettable among other spy/action films. Perhaps with my newly heightened sense of film nuances, I could go back and find more to it than I had before. I think this because if the first movie was close to as good as its sequel, I would not call it forgettable. The action was incredible, the acting was top notch (even by Stiles!), I didn't want to leave my seat for a second to miss the action! Disregard complaints about "narrative"; there is so much to be found between words that this movie could be merited as much art as action. And let's not forget the car chase. Oh, baby! Supremacy would be granted a 10 from me were it not for the shaky camera that prevented my father from enjoying the film without having to close his eyes. Some have suggested that this is art. Wrong. The film was not done directly from Bourne's POV, therefore the camera is not there to interpret his thought pattern during intense scenes. It just makes the film difficult to enjoy for many people. Besides that, just incredible. Expand
  29. CRL
    Sep 3, 2011
    Altogether more suspenseful, more concise, more intriguing, and more emotional than its predecessor, Bourne Supremacy is a step up from the usual generic thriller and benefits from a stellar performance by Matt Damon.
  30. Sep 7, 2011
    Not quite as intriguing as its predecessor or it's sequel, but still amazing. It does feel a bit more drawn out. Overall, however, it's well worth watching over and over.

1. Like its various post-Cold War European locations, the film remains chilly and distant. Every time you feel like you're finally grabbing hold of something involving, the picture once again spins frustratingly out of reach.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The action is confusing at first and the hyperventilated editing style at times goes beyond the pale, so pic ultimately emerges as an erratic but not unworthy sequel to its gritty, genre-invigorating predecessor.
  3. The loss of the first film's hurtling who-am-I? story engine is keenly felt, and too much time is spent observing the characters get on and off planes, trains, and automobiles.